#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Hawk
 player, 38 posts
 Warpriest 1
 AC 18 | 15/26 HP
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 13:41
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
In reply to Sunny (msg # 150):

OOC-Thanks! Sunny, your healing surge should give you 7 HP, not 3.
Grigor Albercroft
 player, 27 posts
 Warlock 1
 AC 11 | 25 HP
Sat 22 Apr 2017
at 03:01
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Grigor grins as the ogre falls, vanishing in a blast of mist and reapparing to fling a bolt of energy at the hobgoblin.  "Finally, it falls!  Now, on to the rest of you!"

Grigor flings another bolt at the nearest hobgoblin, the surprise attack making it devastatingly effective.

Free Reaction: Misty Step.  Just movement
Minor: Curse nearest Hobgoblin
Standard: Eldritch Blast.  Critical Hit for 26 damage

23:01, Today: Grigor Albercroft rolled 26 using 1d6+20.  Critical Hit Damage.
23:00, Today: Grigor Albercroft rolled 25 using 1d20+5.  Attack Hobgoblin Reflex.

Jessica Darkwood
 player, 21 posts
 Mage 1
 AC 15 | 9/21 HP
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 14:35
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Jessica unleashes her lightning again but misses both hobgoblins badly.

10:34, Today: Jessica Darkwood rolled 7 using 1d20+6.  Arc Lightning at
Hobgoblin.
10:34, Today: Jessica Darkwood rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Arc Lightning at Hobgoblin.

Sunny
 player, 34 posts
 Sunny / Elven Fighter
 17 AC | 10/29 HP
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 00:46
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
OK -- 7 HP from that surge.
DM
 GM, 64 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 18:29
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Hawk moves to Harrumaku, and they disappear in a swirl of leaves.

Sunny moves away from the back of the wagon to regain her energy.

Jessica arcs lightning, grounding its fork harmlessly into the rutted roadway.

The hobgoblins redraw their swords and hop off the back of the wagon, advancing on Sunny. They both attack. 11:19, Today: DM rolled 19 using 1d20+6. 11:19, Today: DM rolled 14 using 1d20+6. One of the swords makes its way through her defenses, doing five points of damage. 11:20, Today: DM rolled 5 using 1d8+2.

Maugrim passes.

Grigor's blast hits one of the hobgoblins from behind, and it staggers with a cry, its shoulder blades and spine smoking. It does not fall, however.

Harrumaku, please make a death save.
Hawk
 player, 39 posts
 Warpriest 1
 AC 18 | 15/26 HP
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 18:36
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
In reply to DM (msg # 155):

Hawk gets out his medical kit, attempting to stabilize the dying Oni.

OOC:
14:35, Today: Hawk rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  Medical kit to stabilize.

DM
 GM, 65 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 18:48
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Harrumaku would still take his death save (round 8) before Hawk can stabilize next round (round 9).

Round Nine! Initiative posted here: link to a message in this game

Yet to act: Harrumaku death save, then Hawk, Sunny, Jessica, Maugrim, Grigor, and Harrumaku.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:42, Fri 28 Apr 2017.

Harrumaku
 player, 46 posts
 Swordmage 1
 AC 14 | 0/30 HP
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 18:56
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
In reply to DM (msg # 157):

11:55, Today: Harrumaku rolled 2 using 1d20.  Death save. One remaining! This is exciting!
DM
 GM, 66 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 19:17
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Phew! Harrumaku is stabilized by Hawk, and still has 0 hit points. (Doesn't need to make any more death saves as long as he takes no more damage.)
Jessica Darkwood
 player, 22 posts
 Mage 1
 AC 15 | 9/21 HP
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 03:24
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Jessica continues to harass the hobgoblins with her lightning this time having more luck aiming at the obviously more serious wounded hobgoblin. Unfortunately her angle of attack got too much of the first and missed the second completely.

23:20, Today: Jessica Darkwood rolled 19 using 1d20+6.  Arc Lightning at Hobgoblin.
23:21, Today: Jessica Darkwood rolled 7 using 1d20+6.  Arc Lightning at Hobgoblin.
23:21, Today: Jessica Darkwood rolled 10 using 1d6+5.(Damage)

Sunny
 player, 35 posts
 Sunny / Elven Fighter
 17 AC | 10/29 HP
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 00:26
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Sunny disengages, no need to get between targets and magic ...  Character wise, she would not know about magic not hitting her during melee, so she hops back, facing Mr Not-So-Friendly ...
Grigor Albercroft
 player, 28 posts
 Warlock 1
 AC 11 | 25 HP
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 14:20
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Grigor growls, and flings another bolt of energy at the injured hobgoblin, striking the creature directly in the eyes with a powerful bolt of eldritch energy.

Another Critical Hit!  25 damage.
10:19, Today: Grigor Albercroft rolled 25 using 1d6+20.  Critical Hit Damage.
10:19, Today: Grigor Albercroft rolled 25 using 1d20+5.  Attack.

DM
 GM, 67 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 17:04
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Inside the Antler and Thistle, leaves littering the floor, Hawk gives first aid to Harrumaku, stabilizing him.

Sunny eases away from the hobgoblins on the back of the wagon.

Jessica calls down an arc of lightning, and one of the hobgoblins falls from the wagon, jerking lively before hitting the ground.

The remaining hobgoblin shrieks, its eyes wide. It fires an arrow at Sunny. 09:55, Today: DM rolled 24 using 1d20+9. The arrow hits her, doing 11 damage. 09:56, Today: DM rolled 11 using 1d10+4.

Sunny falls, the arrow protruding from her, and the hobgoblin jumps from the wagon, running away from the party past the downed fighter.

Maugrim passes.

Grigor flings eldritch energy at the retreating hobgoblin, hitting it in the back. It falls forward, skidding to a stop in the soil and sand.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:05, Fri 28 Apr 2017.

Hawk
 player, 40 posts
 Warpriest 1
 AC 18 | 15/26 HP
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 17:21
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
In reply to DM (msg # 163):

Hawk with his amazing senses hears Sunny fall. He proceeds to head for her now that his first patient is stabilized.

OOC: Double move to get to Sunny. If I can get there without a double move, I use his my healer kit again.

If we are out of combat, I will make a heal check:

16 if I am allowed to take 10.

Otherwise...

13:21, Today: Hawk rolled 8 using 1d20+6.  Heal check to stabilize Sunny.

DM
 GM, 68 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 17:36
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
We're out of initiative now. Hawk can almost reach Sunny with a double move. About three squares shy.

Sunny, please make a death save.
Hawk
 player, 41 posts
 Warpriest 1
 AC 18 | 15/26 HP
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 17:48
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
In reply to DM (msg # 165):

OOC-What if I did an all out run for both moves?
DM
 GM, 69 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 17:58
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
In one round, so no death save needed, you'd use your action for a dash, getting you almost there (three shy), you'd move to close the distance, and you'd have an object manipulation... but no action remaining. How do you think it would work?
DM
 GM, 72 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Fri 12 May 2017
at 21:01
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Sunny fails her death save. 13:58, Today: DM, on behalf of Sunny, rolled 2 using 1d20. Hawk tries to stabilize the dying, but does not.

What do the rest of you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:01, Fri 12 May 2017.

Harrumaku
 player, 47 posts
 Swordmage 1
 AC 14 | 0/30 HP
Fri 12 May 2017
at 21:51
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Harrumaku gets started on his short rest.
Hawk
 player, 43 posts
 Warpriest 1
 AC 18 | 15/26 HP
Sat 13 May 2017
at 02:42
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
In reply to DM (msg # 168):

Hawk gets to work after running up, now checking Sunny's wounds and tending to the elf woman properly. His healer's kit still getting quite the workout...

(OOC:
22:40, Today: Hawk rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  Stabilize Sunny.)

Sunny
 player, 36 posts
 Sunny / Elven Fighter
 17 AC | 0/29 HP
Sat 13 May 2017
at 21:57
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Her short life passes by her eyes ...  Then replays again ...
Jessica Darkwood
 player, 23 posts
 Mage 1
 AC 15 | 9/21 HP
Mon 15 May 2017
at 04:47
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Jessica attempts to assist Sunny but is ill practiced.

00:46, Today: Jessica Darkwood rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Heal Check.
Grigor Albercroft
 player, 29 posts
 Warlock 1
 AC 11 | 25 HP
Mon 15 May 2017
at 17:44
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Grigor stands by his companions, checking the street for more threats.
DM
 GM, 73 posts
 DM 1
 AC | HP
Tue 16 May 2017
at 19:12
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Hawk stabilizes Sunny.
Hawk
 player, 44 posts
 Warpriest 1
 AC 18 | 15/26 HP
Tue 16 May 2017
at 19:15
#1 Act 1: The Dawn Way to Brindol
Hawk makes sure the elf is comfortable, and proceeds to check on the others. So far they had been lucky-and he needed to know if anyone else was at risk before he could rest.