#1 Landing on Formos.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
1-MDK
 player, 10 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 03:14
Re: Landing on Formos
"FACT: You best hope that I don't find out otherwise ... Mama"

"OFFER: 80 credits for two pristine stimpaks it is then!  It's been a pleasure doing business with you Mama Nobah!"

1-MDK takes the two stimpaks and begins making a circuitous route back to the Risky Business keeping a lens out for potential Glitterstim dealers, while keeping another lens out for potential tails.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:19, Sun 29 Jan 2017.

GM
 GM, 11 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 03:53
Re: Landing on Formos
Circling back you stroll past two large dilapidated warehouses.  Next to the one on the right, about thirty meters away, the earth begins to bulge.  Suddenly, a hatch opens and a head appears - swiveling back and forth to make sure the coast is clear.  After a moment two humans and an aqualish emerge with three crates which they load onto a speeder.  The speeder races off moments later and the three Smugglers dust off their clothes and head in your direction towards a food vendors stall on the corner.
1-MDK
 player, 11 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 04:19
Re: Landing on Formos
1-MDK stores the position of the secret hatch, as precisely as it can, in its data grid, then waits out of view until the smugglers pass by.  Once they are a safe distance away it begins to tail them.
GM
 GM, 12 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 14:16
Re: Landing on Formos
1-MDK fades like a shadow into a nearby alley ready to begin an expert tail only to have the Smugglers sit down at a table under a food vendor awning just 10 meters away.  They take a relaxed posture, for a job well done, and start chatting jovially while eating street meats.
1-MDK
 player, 12 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 14:56
Re: Landing on Formos
1-MDK suspects these smugglers could lead it to someone interested in buying the Glitterstem haul, but is unwilling to approach them without more supporting information.  It continues to lurk in the shadows looking for opportunities to get close enough to the smugglers to overhear their conversation without attracting their attention (as a droid saddling up at a food stand might seem odd)
GM
 GM, 13 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 15:36
Re: Landing on Formos
While it is mostly boring chatter through the evening you do pick up some interesting bits.

“... good thing we still don't have to deal with Bandin Dobah directly.” Three heads shudder, then another interjects, “yeah, Daro is bad enough.  I like to think we are a better kind of scum!” The statement is followed by uproarious laughter.

“... hear that Mama Nobah actually *sold* something from her shop?”
“Crazy times indeed.  Pretty rare that street rat doesn’t lift cred off her customer” said another.

“Well we better head home… warehouse is empty and we gotta fill her up in the next few days.”

The three Smugglers get up and head their separate ways.
1-MDK
 player, 13 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 16:04
Re: Landing on Formos
1-MDK's circuits calculate vector scores for each of the smugglers taking into account:
- The predicted likelihood of each the three smugglers to divulge truths readily in conversation.
- How closely the given smugglers projected paths aligns with the direction of the Risky Business

1-MDK begin to tail the smuggler with the highest vector score.
GM
 GM, 14 posts
Sun 29 Jan 2017
at 18:18
Re: Landing on Formos
You head off in direction of humanoid vector “Towards Spaceport/Blabbermouth”.  You easily follow him for a couple of blocks without gaining his notice.

Then the cold steel of a blaster pistol touches the cold durasteel of your torso.  Again you regret having your multi-threading modulator replaced with reaction turbo-booster, it's so hard to focus on more than one thing at a time!  Your head swivels to see the other two Smugglers from earlier engaged with you; the human with a blaster pistol drawn and the aqualish with one hand menacingly behind his back.

“Why are you following our friend droid? That's not a smart move...” The human asks through gritted teeth.  Then suddenly his body tenses, he takes a step back as if he suddenly realizes that you are no mere droid, but instead, up close, one that looks markedly like a IG-88 assassin droid...
dewykan
 player, 1 post
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 15:39
Re: Landing on Formos
From their blindspot, Dewy emerges and punches the first smuggler, throwing him clear across the alley.  The second is shocked by Dewy's appearance and turns to run, only to run into a low store awning, knocking himself out cold in the process.

RrrrrrrRRrrgghhRRrhhgg!!, Dewy roars, attempting to add even more fear into the gun drawn smuggler.  The combination from the shock of the sudden appearance of the Wookie, and the new knowledge that the droid he was following is equally as dangerous, the only smuggler left on his feet is likely to rethink who has the upper hand.
GM
 GM, 16 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2017
at 16:17
Re: Landing on Formos
dewykan:
From their blindspot, Dewy emerges and punches the first smuggler, throwing him clear across the alley.  The second is shocked by Dewy's appearance and turns to run, only to run into a low store awning, knocking himself out cold in the process.

RrrrrrrRRrrgghhRRrhhgg!!, Dewy roars, attempting to add even more fear into the gun drawn smuggler.  The combination from the shock of the sudden appearance of the Wookie, and the new knowledge that the droid he was following is equally as dangerous, the only smuggler left on his feet is likely to rethink who has the upper hand.


Or that is how it went in Dewykan's minds eye... reality turned out to be slightly different.

Dewykan charges from an alley at the smuggler accosting his partner.

The smuggler with his hand behind his back notices Dewykan's approach out of the corner of his eye.  He brandishes his blaster pistol and shoots wildly at Dewykan.  Blaster shots streak past Dewykan, but none connect directly.  One, instead, blast the supporting beam of an awning causing the thread bare fabric to obscure Dewykan's vision as he approaches.

But his rage does not falter.  He punches the Smuggler (holding the blaster to 1-MDK) in the gut causing him to stagger sideways and disengaging him from 1-MDK.  Unfortunately, his knuckle also connects with the edge of a metal plate in the Smugglers armored shirt causing searing pain between his middle and fore knuckle.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:29, Mon 30 Jan 2017.

1-MDK
 player, 14 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 15:18
Re: Landing on Formos
1-MDK quickly draws one of his DL-44 heavy blaster pistols, takes aim, and fires a stunning blast at the aqualish that fired upon Dewy.

"REQUEST: Potential business partners, cease your hostilities immediately, or we will be forced to exterminate you."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:19, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

GM
 GM, 17 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 16:16
Re: Landing on Formos
1-MDK's shot expertly streaks past Dewykan and blasts the aqualish smuggler in the wrist.  A look of pain washes over his face and his hand convulses against his will forcing him to let go of his blaster and drop to one knee.  The other smuggler, still reeling from Dewykan's punch, retreats to join his colleague and lift him to his feet.  Fear and resolve war on his face as he whispers something you can't hear into the other smugglers ear.  Then, more loudly, "Okay, okay, were putting down our weapon, see?" And he begins to slowly lower his blaster pistol...

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:43, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

1-MDK
 player, 15 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 16:36
Re: Landing on Formos
1-MDK keeps his blaster trained on the smuggler lowering his blaster, and states the following while using it's second set of optical sensors to locate the third smuggler:

"FOLLOW UP: Excellent!  Temporarily surrender your weapon, and we can begin our mutually beneficial business relationship."
GM
 GM, 18 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 16:52
Re: Landing on Formos
In a brief slight of hand, the human smuggler passes the Aqualish a grenade and he lobs it at 1-MDK.  In a perfect arc it land squarely on 1-MDKs foot and explodes.   Shockwaves of of electrical energy pulse through 1-MDK, scrambling his sensor array and bringing him to the brink.  Dewykan is not spared from the blast as the electrical energy spiders over him clouding his vision and causing him intense agony.

The smugglers, however, didn't stay to see if the blast was true, instead darting off in different directions down the alley.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:45, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

1-MDK
 player, 16 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 17:10
Re: Landing on Formos
1-MDK's targeting system tracks the fleeing smuggler with the largest target window, aims as best it can, and fires its drawn blaster at him.

"TARGET: Acquired"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:17, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

GM
 GM, 19 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 19:50
Re: Landing on Formos
Running split second emergency protocols, 1-MDK stabilizes his circuitry from the system shock received from the stun grenade.  After firing, his blaster shot lances out at the retreating Aqualish Smuggler just as smuggler turns a corner towards a back alley.  The shot hit the Smuggler in the torso just under the arm causing his body to crumple and skid roughly into the corner of a building.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:20, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

dewykan
 player, 2 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 21:31
Re: Landing on Formos
Rrrgh Rrrghgh rrrrRRrrhhRRrhhgg rrrrGhghhhg, Dewy bellows.

Dewy's not happy.

It appears that 1-MDK took care of the Aqualish Smuggler, at least temporarily, so now it's time to focus on the human.  Dewy would prefer to ready his weapon and take a shot at the retreating smuggler, but if it appears his shot would be unlikely to hit (ie out of range), he will choose to begin chase until another chance arises for him to take a shot - ideally a non-lethal shot, but anything that connects will begin to make Dewy happier.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:32, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

GM
 GM, 20 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 21:45
Re: Landing on Formos
Dewykan pulls out his bowcaster and levels it at the human smuggler as he scrambles around the next bend.  A tight *thwang* can be heard as the bolt races towards smuggler.  The bolt, itself, narrowly misses the Smuggler's head and hits the building next to him.  After the bolt detonates, a shower of plaster sprays the smuggler in the face.  He raises his arm to protect his eyes from the debris, causing him to stumble.

Nevertheless, the Smuggler is able to regain his footing and disappear into the alley.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:01, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

1-MDK
 player, 17 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 22:00
Re: Landing on Formos
"TARGET: Hit"

1-MDK walks up to the aqualish training his DL-44 on him.  When he reaches him he rolls him over onto his back with its foot to determine if he is still alive.
GM
 GM, 21 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 22:06
Re: Landing on Formos
With his facial tusks slightly separated, you see the Aqualish gasping for air.  His chest heaves sporadically causing blood to pump out of the wound under his arm.  His four eyes are clouded with pain as he stretches out fighting for breathe.
1-MDK
 player, 18 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 22:14
Re: Landing on Formos
"ASSESSMENT: Target is severely wounded"

"ASSESSMENT: Target is unable to communicate"

1-MDK fires the DL-44 at point blank range into the aqualish's head

"TARGET: Exterminated"

1-MDK begins to search the aqualish's remains for anything useful ...
GM
 GM, 22 posts
Tue 31 Jan 2017
at 22:59
Re: Landing on Formos
After 1-MDK unapologetically ends the Smuggler’s life, the Smuggler's arm slumps and stun grenade rolls from his hand.  1-MDK's flight protocol is lifted after he realizes that the grenade has not been primed.

As 1-MDK begins rifling through the Smuggler's corpse, heads begin popping out windows and doors trying to identify what was causing the evening’s commotion.  One human woman comes into full view of 1-MDK, screams and retreats back into her home.

At this point, 1-MDK has uncovered a DH-17 blaster pistol, one currently unspent Merr-Sonn C10 stun grenade, a scuffed datapad, and a handful of credits (17 to be exact).

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:00, Tue 31 Jan 2017.

1-MDK
 player, 19 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 00:08
Re: Landing on Formos
1-MDK quickly gathers the items and doubles back to regroup with Dewy a stealthy as possible.
Dewykan
 player, 3 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 03:27
Re: Landing on Formos
"rrrrRRr rrrgggHHHHGGhh RrrhhRRrhhgg" Dewy says to 1-MDK, expressing his disappointment in its "shoot multiple times, ask questions if it's still breathing" tactics. Maybe in the next update to 1-MDK's main processor, he'll turn up the "compassion" meter a few notches.  Dewy laughs to himself, knowing 1-MDK is too advanced now to let him mess with his internals.

"RrrGgghhgg rrrGgghhhHHHHhhh" Dewy offers, suggesting that they might have more luck looking for someone to offload their cargo if they hit up the local cantina.
1-MDK
 player, 20 posts
Wed 1 Feb 2017
at 15:05
Re: Landing on Formos
"CONJECTURE: Perhaps you are still disoriented from the blast, but you realize that dead aqualish back there was firing its blaster you a moments ago."

1-MDK looks down to check if the aqualish's DL-17 stun setting was enabled while continuing to speak ...

"OBSERVATION: Nevertheless business negotiations are quite challenging, and I still have much to learn about how it is done properly.  At least this time there was only one casualty."

1-MDK tosses Dewy one of the two stimpacks ...

"UPDATE: You will be happy to know that prior to this failed dealing I was able to secure two stimpacks in a successful business negotiation with one Mama Nobah, whom I believe is associated in some way with those smugglers back there.  I also suspect that she overcharged me for them, which is very unfortunate. That stimpack should get you most of the way towards healing your wound.  I would like to hold on to the other to engage in some local market research."

1-MDK tosses Dewy the aqualish's datapad ...

"STATEMENT: That dead aqualish was carrying this, perhaps you can make some sense of it."

On the way to the cantina 1-MDK fills Dewy in on the details of everything that happened between leaving the ship and shootout with the smugglers.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:14, Wed 01 Feb 2017.