#2 The Sad fate of J9-B8.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Dewykan
 player, 15 posts
Wed 1 Mar 2017
at 14:07
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Ghgg! (which is as close to a curse word as you'll hear from Dewykan)

Dewykan moves to clear the rubble off of 1-MDK by grabbing and throwing anything and anyone he can to free 1-MDK and continue the pursuit.
GM
 GM, 54 posts
Thu 2 Mar 2017
at 14:43
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
In less than 30 heartbeats, Dewy is able to hop the barrier and free 1-MDK from being penned by the Cantina sign.  By that time, however, Daro is no where to be seen.  The two associates race off in the direction of Daro's egress.  They run into an empty Bazaar with 4 near identical thoroughfares other than the one that they came down.  The area is disquieting given the complete silence and shadowing twilight.  Down the street farthest to the left they see a brief flutter and buzz of wings and then it which disappears around a corner a moment later.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:45, Thu 02 Mar 2017.

1-MDK
 player, 41 posts
Thu 9 Mar 2017
at 01:03
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
1-MDK beings moving while signaling to Dewy to pursue the Toydarian, then begins running down another of the thoroughfares which seems most likely to intersect with the Toydarian's path.
Dewykan
 player, 16 posts
Thu 9 Mar 2017
at 14:41
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Dewy nods in agreement and follows in the direction of the Toydarian's escape.
GM
 GM, 56 posts
Fri 10 Mar 2017
at 15:03
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Dewy and 1-MDK rapidly but silently catch up to the Toydarian.  He is moving slowly and looking around furtively, but it does not appear that he notices the pair following him.  There are a number of winding alleys that the Toydarian leads them through, but he more or less maintains a South West directionality from the Cantina.  1-MDK picks up the pace - maintaining eyes on the target while Dewy, unable to move as quickly and silently as 1-MDK, fades back slightly.

The Toydarian stops in front of a dilapidated warehouse building where two street toughs man the entrance.  After some angry fluttering the Toydarian is admitted into warehouse and disappears behind the door.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:04, Fri 10 Mar 2017.

Dewykan
 player, 17 posts
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 14:58
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Dewy and 1-MDK quickly regroup and think about the best option to get past the guards.

The plan they decide on is the classic "bounty for a prisoner" ruse.  They agree it's not the best plan, but if it gets them the jump on the guards, it'll be better than coming in loud.  1-MDK loosely puts handcuffs on the Wookie, sure not to restrict his hands too much from his crossbow.

After waiting a short time, they approach the guards, with 1-MDK doing his best convincing that this is a Wookie that Daro is looking for.

1-MDK says...
1-MDK
 player, 42 posts
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 15:55
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Before moving out, 1-MDK cleans as much of the gore off of itself as possible, then confidently approaches the guarded entrance, as if it is not unusual that he should be there, roughly pushing Dewy ahead of him.

"STATEMENT: Move Wookie, before I'm forced to end you"

As they approach the guards 1-MDK speaks:

"STATEMENT: This Wookie and a droid attacked Daro and his compatriots a short while ago.  My partner and I were able to catch the assailants off guard after the fire fight, and managed to capture the Wookie.  The droid managed to escape from us, though it is damaged and leaking fluids.  My partner is tracking it through the streets as I speak."

"STATEMENT: I will deliver the Wookie to Daro personally to claim our reward, then return with my partner once we have captured the droid."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:27, Wed 12 Apr 2017.

GM
 GM, 58 posts
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 14:03
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
As 1-MDK and Dewy approach, the two guards unholster their blaster pistols, but do not raise them at the incoming pair.  A closer visual inspection of the the two guards reveals that they are anxious and alert, but do not appear to be particularly bright.

After hearing 1-MDK's recount of the latest events, the guard on the left assumes a more relaxed posture and breathes a sigh of relief.  1-MDK surmises that some of the details of bloody route at the Cantina were relayed to the two guards.

"Ogg, go in and tell Daro that the Wookie has been captured..." and before the guard on the left can finish talking, the one named Ogg races into building.

Then the guard of the left gets puzzled expression on his face and continues, "captured by... wait... who are you again?  How do you know...? When did Daro send...?"  He trails off as he tries (and fails) to puzzle out 1-MDK's motives.
1-MDK
 player, 43 posts
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 19:17
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Keeping one hand on Dewy's restraints, 1-MDK takes a step towards the entry and leans in to get a look around, saying:

"STATEMENT: Don't worry partner... it's above your pay grade"
Dewykan
 player, 18 posts
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 19:20
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Dewy snickers to himself, but plays it off as if he is angry.
GM
 GM, 59 posts
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 20:50
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Peeking in, 1-MDK sees a hallway illuminated by dim and flickering sconced lighting.  There are multiple connecting doors in the hallway and the hallway itself lead to be a large double door in the back, where the first guard disappeared.

Some of the visible nervousness of the guard returns after hearing 1-MDK's explanation and his apparent interest of the building's interior, but before he can dwell on it, a cacophony of objects crashing to the floor resounds from inside the building.

The guard say "Wait here!" and rushes in through the door leaving 1-MDK and Dewy alone with the door ajar.  Simultaneously 1-MDK makes out the voice of Daro yelling, "You just let them stand outside my front door! I said we are on HIGH ALERT.  That means SHOOT ON SIGHT, not getting them a cup of Corellian tea!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:56, Wed 12 Apr 2017.

1-MDK
 player, 44 posts
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 21:05
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
"PROCLAMATION: Bingo"

1-MDK quickly removes the false restraints from around Dewy's wrists.  With a DL-44 in one hand, and a stun grenade in the other, 1-MDK pushes the door open, and begins moving doorway to doorway down the hallway targeting any combatant (including the second guard).
GM
 GM, 60 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 15:26
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Scanning the first room on the left, 1-MDK sees an old fashioned stove and larder with an assortment of organic refuse, as well as a stinking chemical toilet.

The room on the right has a number of closed steel cabinets.  Also in the corner of the room is a R4 astromech droid with a large dark iron restraining bold fitted to it's chassis.   Some of the small panels on the front of the
droid have been removed and he has been wired to a small portable computer. The blinking green screen
on the computer reads "Configuration complete-coordinates compatible."

The last room on the left before the big double doors, is poorly lit room with a series of makeshift hammocks.  Looking closer 1-MDK notices a Rodian tossing and turning in one of the hammocks trying to sleep.

Just then a voice bellows, "Oh not you too...  You left them alone you idiots!  *indistinct conversation* we have to get that damn droid!"
1-MDK
 player, 48 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 21:30
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
As 1-MDK moves down the hallway he silently signals, using gestures known to Dewy, that R4-W9 is in the first room to the right and that the second room to his left is singly occupied.  Then, in one fluid movement 1-MDK opens one of the double doors a crack, rolls his live stun grenade into room toward the direction of Daro’s voice, and immediately closes the door behind it.
GM
 GM, 63 posts
Tue 18 Apr 2017
at 19:15
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
There is a "clink-clink" from the grenade rolling on the hard floor, a surprised shout, and a loud "THWUUUMP!" as the stun grenade goes off.  1-MDK senses the arcing electricity through the door handle, but is otherwise unharmed.  Two large objects can be heard hitting the floor; there is also the skittering sound of a few objects being dropped.  There is pregnant silence, followed by a scream of unadulterated pain.

1-MDK also notices the Rodian semi-successfully scramble out of his hammock in a sleepy daze.
Dewykan
 player, 19 posts
Tue 23 May 2017
at 20:13
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
GGGGGGHHHHHHGGGhhghhGHGH!

Dewy quickly and without hesitation in the slightest approaches the Rodian and bellows a loud and intimidating growl to communicate that it would be best not to draw a weapon or attempt any sort of aggression else he'd get a furry sledgehammer of a punch to his Rodian nutsack (Dewy assumes they'd be in the same place as all other humanoid creatures).

Dewy looks to 1-MDK and together they listen intently for any additional scurrying coming from the double doors.  He waits a beat to see if anyone comes out of the double doors, expecting blood-soaked and/or aggressive individuals.

Dewy holds while his gun is aimed on the Rodian, while also keeping one eye on the double doors.
GM
 GM, 64 posts
Thu 25 May 2017
at 19:28
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
The Rodian, shocked awake, stumbles out of his hammock and reverse crab walks until he is up against wall.  He appears to Dewy to be visibly frightened and breathing quite heavily.

Dewy and 1-MDK sense a stillness from the room beyond the double doors several moments after grenade went off.  Then they can hear some muffled movements, a slight *click* and *creak*, and finally a few more muffled movements from the room beyond the double doors.
1-MDK
 player, 50 posts
Thu 25 May 2017
at 20:57
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
"REQUEST: Netakka, make yourself useful and maybe you can earn yourself a part of Daro's bounty, otherwise stay out of our way"

Then 1-MDK kicks the door open, both blasters in hand, and starts shooting anything that looks like it can shoot back.
GM
 GM, 65 posts
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 18:57
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
The Rodian stares dumbly at 1-MDK and then in a moment of desperation, jumps up to his feet and dashes out the building.

Upon entering the the room 1-MDK notes an eerie quite has settled over the space.  Empty wooden crates litter the floor obstructing much of the visibility of the room.  1-MDK does notice two facedown and incapacitated human bodies near an overturned desk and a spent shock grenade shell.  The subtle buzz of electricity is still palpable, but otherwise all is still.  Also within his direct line of sight is a reinforced window that is slightly ajar bringing in a cool evening breeze.
1-MDK
 player, 51 posts
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 19:23
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
On low volume 1-MDK says to Dewy:

"REQUEST: You should hang back and make sure we don't lose that R4 Astromech.  I assume that it's our friend R4-W9.  Whatever Daro's up to, he likely won't leave planetside without it.  I'll see if anyone else is still home."

Blasters drawn, 1-MDK enters the room moving tactically towards the incapacitated humans while scanning the room for hostiles.
GM
 GM, 66 posts
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 20:05
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
1-MDK does not notice any movement as he approaches the humans, they are both throughly incapacitated.  He recognizes both as the guards from the front of the building.   While scanning the room, with the guards at his feet, he does not notice anyone else in the room, though much of his vision is still obstructed by the crates.
1-MDK
 player, 52 posts
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 20:44
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
1-MDK quickly pulls out four plasteel restraints from his bandolier and binds the hands and feet of the incapacitated guards.
GM
 GM, 67 posts
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 13:24
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
As 1-MDK bends down to apply the restraints, the ominous whirring of a T-21 light repeating blaster can be heard from the far corner of the room.  Blaster fire erupts from the location moving from right to left (from 1-MDK's perspective), chewing through crates and sending splintering shards everywhere.  As the blaster bolts arcs across the room some of the them leave craters in the plaster walls while others punch right through.  One glancing bolt catches Dewy in the shoulder after passing through two walls causing him to drop his bowcaster.  Meanwhile 1-MDK attempts to find cover, but there is none besides the overturned desk near the fallen guards.  In an effort to reach the desk a blaster bolt hits home on his clavicle area, barely missing a servo motor, but rupturing a coolant line.

T-21 whir winds down as the weapon does an automatic coolant flush.  Daro then begins to speak, "I don't really know who you two are or why you sought fit to destroy my life's work, but NOW IS THE TIME FOR YOU TO DIE!!!"

There is an awkward silence as Daro levels the T-21 at 1-MDK's location, but the weapon doesn't fire as it is still cooling down from the last bolt-storm.
1-MDK
 player, 53 posts
Mon 19 Jun 2017
at 19:25
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
"TARGET: Acquired"

With coolant spurting from and leaking down the front of its armored torso, 1-MDK immediately dashes toward the direction of Daro, drawing both of his DL-44s.  With Daro's T-21 unable to fire, 1-MDK waits until it enters the optimal firing range before opening up on Daro with both blasters.

"TARGET: Engaged"
GM
 GM, 68 posts
Mon 19 Jun 2017
at 19:57
Re: #2 The Sad fate of J9-B8
Daro's look of grim satisfaction turns quickly to one terror as the malevolent visage of 1-MDK races towards him.  The murderous droid's face is further highlighted by the red flares of blaster bolts coming from the barrels of his dual DL-44s.

Despite the close range, however none of the bolts hit home.  Instead, they hit the Daro's T-21 repeat rifle which he feebly uses as cover.  One bolt hits the magnetic casing on the T-21's plasma core causing the already overcharged unit to explode.  The resulting mini plasma flare arcs out in front of Daro, temporarily blinding 1-MDK sensor array, and tossing Daro several feet back into a box of crates.