Mysterious Visitors.   Posted by Duchess Morwen.Group: 0
Magnus Smithson
 Dwarf Smith, 85 posts
 The Hammer of Moradin
 HP 36/36 AC 19
Tue 6 Jun 2017
at 15:09
The Town of Bavoria
"I would rather not intrude on your private matters. Sorry for your troubles." Magnus offers. "However, there is no such thing as incurable illness. With enough faith, everything is possible."
Orin Redleaf
 Haunted Human, 50 posts
 AC : 16 HP : 30/30
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 15:02
The Town of Bavoria
Orin frowns at the priest's response, but remains quiet...letting those in the group that know more about such things take the lead.  Moving back to lean on the wall next to the door he leans his weapon in the crook of his neck, pulling out his flask for another drink...
Mother Night
 GM, 3 posts
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 05:24
The Town of Bavoria
"No!"  Father Donavich insists, then gives himself a shake and continues in a steadier voice. "He's already eaten more than he should.  I've done all I can for my son.  The only thing left for him is prayer.  Now I need to do what I can for the living."  His eye twitches once as he changes the subject back to the matter at hand.

He turns his attention to Ireena Kolyana.  "Your father's grave should be ready soon, my dear."  He begins to lead her in a prayer to the Morning Lord, but any comfort he might have given her is spoiled by another torturous cry from his child down below.

"Father!  Please!"

Donavich's hands, clasped in prayer, begin to tremble.  He continues his litany of prayers even after Ireena steps away from him and looks up at the rest of you, concerned.
Harmony Holly
 Elf Acolyte, 62 posts
 Your Savior Cleric
 AC: 18 | HP: 30/30
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 08:13
The Town of Bavoria
Harmony's expression slowly turns into a frown and she starts looking for a way downstairs, as subtly as possible.

11:08, Today: Harmony Holly rolled 11 using 1d20+1.  Deception
11:11, Today: Harmony Holly rolled 15 using 1d20+2.  Investigation.
11:12, Today: Harmony Holly rolled 17 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

Daimon Kreig
 Human Spy, 65 posts
 Shadow Monk
 HP: 24/24 / AC: 17
Tue 20 Jun 2017
at 09:14
The Town of Bavoria
Daimon would rolled his eyes at the back and forth with the priest, and the groans of whatever is underneath these boards. To Daimon, it seemed like some badly scripted drama with the priest the seemingly villain, but in truth he didn't care for any of it, and the "burial" was more than a waste of time for him. Daimon, having nothing better to do, decided to follow Harmony from the shadows to find a way into the basement as well.

23:11, Today: Daimon Kreig rolled 15 using 1d20+6 ((9)). Stealth Roll
(The Stealth roll is against the priest, not Harmony)

23:13, Today: Daimon Kreig rolled 16 using 1d20+2 ((14)). Investigation Roll

Mother Night
 GM, 4 posts
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 15:31
The Town of Bavoria
The trembling priest continues his prayers until someone interrupts him.  He doesn't appear to notice Daimon and Harmony moving away to poke around his church.  (They're getting the results of their investigations in a private line, so that they can share what they discover in character.)

Ismark and Ireena exchange a look, then the brother and sister split up.  Ireena goes to kneel beside Donavich again, trying to calm him.  Ismark sidles over to stand by the other four men (Orin, Bran, Merle, and Magnus) to make awkward small talk.

"Thank you for helping us with this.  My sister would never have left before our father was taken care of."  He's quiet a moment, then says, "What can you tell me about yourself and your companions?  Since we'll be traveling together."
Merle
 Human Sage, 123 posts
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 15:41
The Town of Bavoria
Merle glances at Ismark then continues watching Daimon and Harmony do their poking about.
Magnus Smithson
 Dwarf Smith, 90 posts
 The Hammer of Moradin
 HP 36/36 AC 19
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 18:38
The Town of Bavoria
"Well, I'm a servant of Moradin first, smith second and brewer third. Unfortunately, I've only had the chance to practice my first profession here... My bottle of ale is runnin' dry." Magnus twitches his moustache. He seems focused on the priest, eyeing him suspiciously. He doesn't interrupt the ceremony, however.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:33, Thu 22 June 2017.

Orin Redleaf
 Haunted Human, 54 posts
 AC : 16 HP : 30/30
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 15:28
The Town of Bavoria
Orin's jaws clench as the voice from below continues to plead for food, his face darkening as a though comes to him on what this disease may be. He seems about to speak but, seeing his companions searching about the room, keeps quiet...not wanting to bring the priest's attention to them.

  At the approach of Ismark he turns his haunted gaze towards the man...shrugging as he replies...

"There is not much to tell, I am...or perhaps was, a town guard."...the slightly sour odor of wine apparent on his breath as look of horror comes to his face, replaced in a instant by his normal, haunted, expression as he quickly takes a long drink from his flask.
Daimon Kreig
 Human Spy, 66 posts
 Shadow Monk
 HP: 24/24 / AC: 17
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 04:58
The Town of Bavoria
Daimon has a disinterested look to his face as he investigates the back-rooms. Though while looking through the other regular rooms, a look of interest appears on his face for a small instance.

However other than that, Daimon was merely curious and nothing more. As such, he stood outside in the hallway in silence. Allowing Harmony to do what she wanted, be it telling the others, or trying to look deeper herself. But Daimon wouldn't make any physical effort to tell the others or go to where the young man was, since in truth, all Daimon cared for was getting Ireena to where she needed to go.
Harmony Holly
 Elf Acolyte, 63 posts
 Your Savior Cleric
 AC: 18 | HP: 30/30
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 13:11
The Town of Bavoria
Upon seeing Daimon accompanying her, Harmony gives him a curious look, then turns back to her search, not minding his presence.


After her search, she sighs defeatedly and goes back to the hallway.  Harmony asks Daimon something quietly, hoping to get a positive answer from him. Otherwise she'd probably have to go get Bran.
Mother Night
 GM, 9 posts
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 01:52
The Town of Bavoria
Daimon and Harmony have gone back down the entry way hall.  Those watching them from the chapel can see them surreptitiously opening the four doors and checking inside the rooms on either side of that hall.

Meanwhile, Ismark says to Magnus, "Moradin?  Haven't heard of him.  Is he your burgomaster?  How do you serve him?"  He rubs at his jaw, thinking.  "Not much call for a smith in these parts.  But if you're a brewer, you might be interested in visiting the Wizard of Wines vineyard.  They used to send shipments of the richest of wines, but lately their stock has been...lackluster."

Then he listens to Orin's statement.  Ismark meets his eyes and some of that horror is reflected in his own eyes.  He gives Orin a nod of respect and doesn't press any further.
Magnus Smithson
 Dwarf Smith, 91 posts
 The Hammer of Moradin
 HP 36/36 AC 19
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 23:43
The Town of Bavoria
If looks could kill... The only thing stopping Magnus from yelling was respect for the sancticity of the temple.

"Moradin the All-Father, The Creator of dwarf race." He grimaces, making no effort in hiding his contempt. The hands involuntarily clench into fists at the disrespect.
Daimon Kreig
 Human Spy, 68 posts
 Shadow Monk
 HP: 24/24 / AC: 17
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 00:41
The Town of Bavoria
Daimon gives Harmony a disinterested look as he wondered why Harmony would even try and speak with him in the first place, but she did and Daimon listened. So, Daimon  re-enters the room that they were just in recently, not saying a word back to Harmony. All that came from the room afterwards, was absolute silence.
Bran Fitzroy
 Gnome Charlatan, 81 posts
 Powerful Wizard
 HP:23/24-AC 11
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 15:19
The Town of Bavoria
Bran doesn't attempt to hide the fact that he's been watching Daimon. In fact as soon as the other man reenters the room Bran walks to the area Daimon has recently departed raising a questioning eyebrow to Harmony along the way.
Harmony Holly
 Elf Acolyte, 66 posts
 Your Savior Cleric
 AC: 18 | HP: 30/30
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 01:51
The Town of Bavoria
Harmony sighs slightly when she sees Bran join them. 

When Daimon returns with an eerie silence behind him, Harmony looks at the room for a second, confused. But the confusion doesn't last long as she realizes what he's done.


This message was last edited by the player at 01:56, Sun 02 July 2017.

Bran Fitzroy
 Gnome Charlatan, 82 posts
 Powerful Wizard
 HP:23/24-AC 11
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 12:54
The Town of Bavoria
Bran whispers to Harmony, though Daimon likely hears.
Bran steps barely into the main room.
Mother Night
 GM, 11 posts
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 16:43
The Town of Bavoria
Ismark's eyebrows rise in confusion at Magnus' glare.  He holds a hand up, palm open in an appeasing gesture.  "I meant no disrespect, sir dwarf.  We don't see outsiders very often.  The only gods I know are the Morninglord and Mother Night."  He makes a sign of reverence for the Morninglord, but his eyes flick to the dark corners of the chapel as he murmurs the Mother Night's name.  He clears his throat.  "I would like to learn about your god while we travel, if you can forgive my ignorance."

Those keeping an eye on the things happening down the hall can see that Harmony, Bran, and Daimon are now focused on the room nearest the front door.  Daimon disappears into the room.  There is some silent discussion between Harmony and Bran.

Suddenly, a loud cry erupts from the far, dark corner of the chapel room.  Unearthly wailing fills the room and a strange glowing green portal takes shape in the darkness beyond the chapel's altar.  Father Donavich's desperate prayers give way to terrified gibbering as he scurries away from the screaming, green portal, leaving Ireena alone at the chapel's altar.  She backs away from the thing slowly, never taking her eyes off of it.  Ismark meets her halfway across the room and stands between it and her.  "What is it!?" he calls out.  She shakes her head.  Donavich just whimpers from where he cowers in the corner behind Magnus and Orin.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 17:48, Tue 11 July 2017.

Orin Redleaf
 Haunted Human, 56 posts
 AC : 16 HP : 30/30
Tue 11 Jul 2017
at 17:28
The Town of Bavoria
Orin quickly moves forward, placing himself alongside Ismark.  Frowning suddenly, he scans the room...

"Keep your guard up Ismark, something doesn't seem right here, though I am not sure what the reason is.


Magnus Smithson
 Dwarf Smith, 93 posts
 The Hammer of Moradin
 HP 36/36 AC 19
Tue 11 Jul 2017
at 22:35
The Town of Bavoria
"Bah! An illusion!" Magnus yells with anger, stepping forward boldly with his shield and hammer ready. From under his furrowed brow the dwarf carefully looks around the temple, issuing a challenge. "Come out and face me, trickster! Cease this foul magic, it's no use against the Chosen of Moradin!"
Bran Fitzroy
 Gnome Charlatan, 83 posts
 Powerful Wizard
 HP:23/24-AC 11
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 13:53
The Town of Bavoria
As soon as the room seems mostly distracted Bran hurries back to the rooms Harmony had indicated.
Harmony Holly
 Elf Acolyte, 67 posts
 Your Savior Cleric
 AC: 18 | HP: 30/30
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 08:01
The Town of Bavoria
"By the name of Corellon, what was that?!" Harmony shouts reflexively when she hears the sudden foul cry coming from the other side of the church and starts moving towards the origin of the noise. That is, until she hears Magnus shouting and sees Bran go back to the hallway. At that moment, Harmony turns back to follow Bran, whispering something to him when she reaches him.
Bran Fitzroy
 Gnome Charlatan, 84 posts
 Powerful Wizard
 HP:23/24-AC 11
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 14:53
The Town of Bavoria
 He shrugs.
Daimon Kreig
 Human Spy, 70 posts
 Shadow Monk
 HP: 24/24 / AC: 17
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 09:52
The Town of Bavoria
Daimon gave a small scoff, at Harmony, as he watched her jump and run out towards Bran. The scene outside, entertained Daimon a little. Especially when he heard Magnus's war yell, about being a Chosen of Moradin. Daimon grinned for a moment, but as quickly as that small grin appeared, it dissapeared just as fast, as Daimon walked back into the room. From there, Daimon set out to do what he sought in the first place.
Merle
 Human Sage, 125 posts
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 02:41
The Town of Bavoria
Merle looks to and fro at everyone running to and fro and shakes his head.