OOC 25 Mar to 21 Apr 2017.   Posted by GameMaster.Group: 0
Ulic, son of Jygor
 player, 97 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 22:23
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Great, we don't have a recurring villain, just this damn snake that keeps popping up in the weirdest places.
GameMaster
 GM, 270 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 22:25
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Ulic goes to take a leak, undoes his breeches and ...
GameMaster
 GM, 271 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 22:34
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Hey Ulic, PM me and your XP designee regarding the GM Impingement :D

Also, guys, the next couple of things for Chapter 3, which will run for another 4 RL days, are GM Impingements, meaning they might happen, depending on player reaction. Otherwise, it'll depend upon PC initiative to lead to next scene.
Byron Marchant
 player, 162 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 22:58
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Enjoy your SEP everyone!
GameMaster
 GM, 272 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 23:31
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Congrats, Byron, on your SEP Spree!
Aesop Donnohue
 player, 102 posts
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 15:49
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
yay team buffs... OK, I'm cool to timeskip to the next day whenever.
GameMaster
 GM, 274 posts
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 16:50
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Tea Ceremony results:

PCs will enjoy a +1D bonus to any rolls in the next twenty-four hours made to bolster or succor the entire group (and not just the individual). Example: if Byron attempts to aid comrade(s) with Renew Vigor, he will enjoy this +1D bonus for up to 24 hours after completing the Tea Ceremony.
Byron Marchant
 player, 163 posts
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 19:18
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
That's Good tea!
Aesop Donnohue
 player, 103 posts
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 23:44
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
I guess you could say it's my special-tea

badum tish
GameMaster
 GM, 275 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 01:44
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
quote:
OOC:  Byron expends 3 XP to attain rank 3 in Faith.


Updated your character sheet :D
Ulic, son of Jygor
 player, 99 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 02:09
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Aesop Donnohue:
I guess you could say it's my special-tea

badum tish


LMAO!
Byron Marchant
 player, 165 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 16:28
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Re: Aesop - Ha!  :)

In terms of where we want to go, what do you guys think in light of Aesop's reading?  To recap:

quote:
Straight forward enough: preserve first the innocents. The second, less so: the farmer gets burned, the warrior gets cut, yet both must do their work. Fairly ambiguous.


Sounds like we need to return Sam to her village, right?  And what to do with Thel?

GM, what kind of time constraints are we laboring under here?  How many days away is the 5th?
GameMaster
 GM, 277 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 17:03
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
It is currently dawn on 5th March 4632. The letter from Klim to Heinich stated for the bandits to give the S.W. trap until this date, then to proceed to the sandbar.

The location of the sandbar is some forty miles northeast of your current position, and on the far (eastern) side of the Khorne. It could reasonably take you 3-4 days by foot to reach it, or a day-and-a-half by horseback or wagon. Show up there later than, say, the 9th, and Thelis Fell-Arm will become suspicious and (even more) alert for trouble. However, taking either of the children back to their family will delay you at least a day. Probably a bit longer to take Thel to Do-Kur.

You can also decide which of the following you want to load up in the wagon. Bear in mind you have two prisoners and three rescued kidnap victims, in addition to the PCs. Hrundar will likely part from the others here, glad to have rendered aid and assured himself the boy will be cared for. He has another mission at the moment.

  • 1 iron-bar cage (3'x 3' x 4') weighing 200 lbs hangs from a tree limb (imprisoning a boy)
  • 1 10'-length iron chain weighing 20 lbs (currently holding iron cage on tree limb)
  • 1 12" spike (hammered into ground)
  • 1 manacle on 6' iron chain (connected on one end to spike, imprisoning a Mutie)
  • 1 manacle on 6' iron chain (locked onto a bench, imprisoning a teen girl)
  • 1 20-gallon drum of drinking water
  • 3 50-ft coils of hemp rope
  • a bullseye lantern sitting atop a boulder
  • a wooden box containing a gallon of lamp oil, 3 12" spikes, 2 sets of manacles
  • a 3'x3'x3' wooden crate full of imperishable foodstuffs
  • one old but serviceable longsword leaning against the wooden pallisade
  • one short sword free of rust, freshly sharpened, and with a sheen of oil on the blade
  • 3 canvas hammocks (two rolled up and tied, the third strung between two trees)
  • 2 large 4-person canvas tents, each containing four bedrolls
  • two woven quivers, each holding a dozen wooden arrows with metallic arrowheads
  • a 12"x5"x4" wooden box containing two dozen crossbow quarrels
  • a leather satchel containing a serrated knife, a pair on pincers, a thumbscrew, some slivers of bamboo, and an agonizing pear made of brass
  • a letter


The nearest Flyer Post is only an hour away by horseback, so you could send word ahead to the families that their children have been recovered, then you could turn them over to Father Gabriel or the city guard to get them safely home. Of course, that's not as certain as doing it yourself.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:35, Thu 20 Apr 2017.

Byron Marchant
 player, 166 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 17:59
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Well, we're all mounted, so it shouldn't take us that long, right?  Even if it takes us two full days to get the kids situated, we should still be able to make it by the 9th.  From the flyer post we could even send word to the Archon or Duke Rikard about what we've found, and (given Heinich's claims) ask them for reinforcements or support.  I think I'd be more comfortable asking Duke Rikard for support . . . we don't know where in the Archon's chain of command a slaver mole might be.

Any thoughts?
GameMaster
 GM, 278 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 18:30
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
quote:
Well, we're all mounted, so it shouldn't take us that long, right?


If the three PCs with mounts all ride, that will mean Phule drives the wagon. Assume he can fit the two kids on the wagon seat with him, and the equipment/supplies, the injured Arnie, the injured Mutant, and the prisoner Heinich all get bundled into the covered portion of the wagon. As a group, the party won't be able to sustain more than an occasional canter, due to the poor roads. The wagon hampers them.

So, until you get Arnie and Heinich into jail somewhere, they're gonna slow you down, as is the Mutant who can do nothing but ride in the wagon with his burned feet. You might still make it by the 9th. A quick trip to Marchantelle could see all excess baggage (kids, prisoners, Mutant) turned over for proper disposition, leaving you free to travel as a trio.
Byron Marchant
 player, 167 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 19:16
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
How quick would the trip to Marchantelle be?  That sounds like the best option.
Aesop Donnohue
 player, 104 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 20:34
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
I think so too. I also need to find somewhere to buy armor for Aesop if I can, meeting the bandit leader might be a little spooky otherwise.
GameMaster
 GM, 279 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 21:17
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Marchantelle is 60 miles north and 10 miles west of Valrigont. Soleman's well is roughly 25 miles west by south-west of Valrigont. Straight-line distance between Soleman's Well and Marchantelle is about 79 miles, but you'd travel more than that if you stick to the cart road until you hit the Main Trade Route, a cobbled roadway running parallel to the Khorne north and south along its western bank. Below, I should Marchantelle, Valrigont, and Soleman's Well in their relation to one another on a map. By roads (which is faster than overland, if longer), it'll take you roughly 100 miles, about 3 days of travel by wagon. Anything faster will be harmful to the horses. But then, from Marchantelle to the Sandbar, you only have to go back to the Main Trade Route road (10 miles), then about 5 miles north along the river and cross to the eastern bank to find the sandbar. So once you take care of business at Marchantelle, you could travel to the sandbank easily in 3-4 hours.



                               M





                                   V

                             S
Byron Marchant
 player, 168 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 21:47
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Okay, unless Ulic thinks otherwise we can go to Marchantelle, talk to Byron's father, maybe get reinforcements or wisdom from him, refit, and then head to the meet.
GameMaster
 GM, 280 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 22:46
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Chapter 3 XP will awarded between 4:00 and 6:00 pm CST tomorrow, Friday 21st March.
GameMaster
 GM, 281 posts
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 23:56
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
I'll wait for an IC post that the party is leaving. Let me know which of the following items you leave behind in the bandit's camp:


  • 1 iron-bar cage (3'x 3' x 4') weighing 200 lbs hangs from a tree limb (imprisoning a boy)
  • 1 10'-length iron chain weighing 20 lbs (currently holding iron cage on tree limb)
  • 1 12" spike (hammered into ground)
  • 1 manacle on 6' iron chain (connected on one end to spike, imprisoning a Mutie)
  • 1 manacle on 6' iron chain (locked onto a bench, imprisoning a teen girl)
  • 1 20-gallon drum of drinking water
  • 3 50-ft coils of hemp rope
  • a bullseye lantern sitting atop a boulder
  • a wooden box containing a gallon of lamp oil, 3 12" spikes, 2 sets of manacles
  • a 3'x3'x3' wooden crate full of imperishable foodstuffs
  • one old but serviceable longsword leaning against the wooden pallisade
  • one short sword free of rust, freshly sharpened, and with a sheen of oil on the blade
  • 3 canvas hammocks (two rolled up and tied, the third strung between two trees)
  • 2 large 4-person canvas tents, each containing four bedrolls
  • two woven quivers, each holding a dozen wooden arrows with metallic arrowheads
  • a 12"x5"x4" wooden box containing two dozen crossbow quarrels
  • a leather satchel containing a serrated knife, a pair on pincers, a thumbscrew, some slivers of bamboo, and an agonizing pear made of brass
  • a letter

Byron Marchant
 player, 169 posts
Fri 21 Apr 2017
at 00:17
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Things I don't think we need:

1 iron-bar cage (3'x 3' x 4') weighing 200 lbs hangs from a tree limb (imprisoning a boy)
1 10'-length iron chain weighing 20 lbs (currently holding iron cage on tree limb)
1 of the large 4-person canvas tents, each containing four bedrolls

The other stuff seems useful.  Your thoughts?
Aesop Donnohue
 player, 105 posts
Fri 21 Apr 2017
at 00:28
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Food, water, the ropes, lantern, lantern oil are definitely good. I'm eyeing crossbow bolts as well. Don't think we'll need all that cumbersome stuff like cages and chains either.
Ulic, son of Jygor
 player, 100 posts
Fri 21 Apr 2017
at 03:29
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
Besides the pleasurable image I have of Henich being dragged behind the wagon in the cage....no, no I agree we don't need those things.

Manacles seem a bit on the large side as well.

Suppose we should prioritize on fitting all the passengers and then whatever else.

Speaking off...what happened to the bows that were being used to shoot at us?  Ulic wouldn't mind putting one of those and a quiver on his horse.
GameMaster
 GM, 282 posts
Fri 21 Apr 2017
at 12:47
Re: OOC 25 Mar 2017 onward
quote:
what happened to the bows that were being used to shoot at us?  Ulic wouldn't mind putting one of those and a quiver on his horse.


There are a total of 5 short bows recovered from bandits' corpses and found in the camp. Total of eight quivers of arrows (96-count).