Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning.   Posted by Heart of the Mountain.Group: 0
Heart of the Mountain
 GM, 175 posts
 I Am The Mountain,
 I Am The Clans
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 19:05
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
Pushing the four wheelers as quietly as possible, you cut through the woods in an attempt to avoid anyone whatsoever seeing your actions.  This proves to be a rather easy task as most of the clans were either sleeping or engrossed in their nightly rituals of drinking and gaming.  Upon arriving once more at the circle, you are instructed to head towards the southern edge of the forest; the elders follow behind, escorting the prisoners.  Tethering them to the four wheelers, you proceed to walk further into the woods before stopping to prep for the ride.  Lashing the captives as best you can, making certain no slack existed lest you lose one in transit, you finally ignite the roaring beasts.  At this distance, no one would have a chance to see you and, more than likely, wouldn't care simply assuming someone out for a late night drunken rampage through the woods.

Although the moon is high and rather full, visibility through the actual forest is, understandably, limited.  Combined with your extra cargo this forces you to move at a much slower pace than you were accustomed to.  It was, however, a necessity lest you collide with any number of unforeseen objects littering the forest floor.  The old path south towards the logging road was barely a memory, having not been used regularly for nearly 15 years.  Branches and limbs of all sizes whipped like snakes at your faces and arms as you forced your way through wide swaths of new, lush growth.  Finally, you arrive at the old logging road, muscling your way through the thick underbrush surrounding it.  The road had not been used in quite some time but clearly the hard pack was holding as the forest tried its hardest to reclaim the land with limited success.
Erbin Shay
 player, 71 posts
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 15:23
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
Erbin stopped after pulling out onto the old logging road. Taking some time to check the passengers to make sure they were still okay.

Stopping beside Maeryn he spoke softly, "It shouldn't be to far now. Once we get near to town. We just drop them off and head back, that sound good enough?"
Heart of the Mountain
 GM, 176 posts
 I Am The Mountain,
 I Am The Clans
Thu 21 Jun 2018
at 19:02
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
OOC: Just for reference...if you were to follow the logging road to its end, it empties onto the main road in and out of town, only a few miles from the town itself.  I really need to work on a map for all this.
Maeryn Farrell
 player, 71 posts
 Scavenger
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 07:58
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
It felt odd to be riding her wheeler with captives.  But not the strangest thing I've ever done, Maeryn thought.  Though the plan was risk, especially as she and Erbin were outnumbered, she knew it was worth the risk.  Better that they take a bit of a risk than to have the lostys executed by Ciniod.  He's a dumbshit, she decided.  Their raid into town told them all she needed to know about the hot-headed bastard.  He'd killed a man that had killed one of his personal lackeys, but didn't give a shit about the rest following him.  He would have left Ruairidh there to die and probably maligned him for being stupid enough to get hurt.  Bastard.

Standing for better balance and control, especially with the added weight, Maeryn once again found herself tense and sweating with the exertion, thighs aching from making minor adjustments as they traveled.  She was glad for the pause when they reached the road and sat down to ease the ache in her legs and take a swig of water.

At Erbin's suggestion, she nodded.  "Yea, the sooner the better.  Don't fancy getting stuck near town in daylight." She swung about to check on her baggage.  "Everyone still attached back there?"
Heart of the Mountain
 GM, 177 posts
 I Am The Mountain,
 I Am The Clans
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 05:05
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
OOC: Your 'baggage' is still where you tied it down.  Do you have an idea where approximately you wish to deposit your catch?
Erbin Shay
 player, 73 posts
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 18:53
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
Erbin stretched a for a moment then taking a swig from his water, "Guess we should drop them off near the road so they don't get lost." Erbin climbed back aboard the ATV and headed for the road. Stopping about a hundred yards from the road he waited for Maeryn and listen to see what traffic wa like on the road.
Heart of the Mountain
 GM, 179 posts
 I Am The Mountain,
 I Am The Clans
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 05:33
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
Bringing the four-wheelers to a stop, you strain to listen and watch the main highway lying ahead of you.  Suddenly, the sound of voices breaks the stillness...

"I swear, someone is out here tearin' it up.  Had to come from the old logging road."

"Yeah, probably out trying to catch some deer, same as us, hahaha."

"Could also be the damn sheriffs men...let's just get the hell out of here before they come back."

Off to the side of the road you hear the snapping of branches and brush underfoot.
Erbin Shay
 player, 74 posts
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 02:09
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
Erbin waited quietly for a few minutes watching the trees and listening for any sign of the hunters. When he was sure they were gone he began helping their cargo from where they were tied, but making sure to keep their hands tied. Removing their blindfold, "Listen the main road to town is around one hundred yards that way." Erbin pointed off down the old logging road, making sure they were paying attention. "Just follow the old road and you will find it." Moving over near a tree he stab his knife into the trunk. Walking back he climbed on his ATV, "When were gone use the knife to free your hands then head to the road."
Maeryn Farrell
 player, 72 posts
 Scavenger
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 03:58
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
Thinking Erbin's plan as sound as any she could come up with, she helped to dump her own 'guests' off the ATV and get them righted.  Removing their blindfolds, she sent them off in the direction with the others.  Climbing onto her vehicle, she threw a glance back before starting it up and gunning it back up the hill.  Once they were some distance away from where they'd deposited the townies, she gestured for Erbin to pull off to the side.  "Was thinking we might want to cover the tracks as best we could on the way back so they can't be followed.  Mind waiting while I rig up something?"
Heart of the Mountain
 GM, 184 posts
 I Am The Mountain,
 I Am The Clans
Thu 30 Aug 2018
at 15:07
Into Babylon Pt. II - Returning
Almost as soon as the two of you begin pulling away the captives begin shouting, presumably attempting to get the hunters (poachers?) attention.  With this in mind you race past the point where you entered the logging trail, opting to reenter the forest from a further vantage point.