[IC] Our story begins.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 14 posts
 The voice of reason
 The messenger of destiny
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 00:34
[IC] Our story begins
Grimwater, at midday, in midsummer.

As the sun shines down upon this town of around 3000 souls, the Brewer's Arms Inn has found itself nearly full with strangers who have all sought the same thing. A Handler. From the Bank of all places.

Fortunately for this rag-tag and very diverse group, Wagner, the owner of the Arms, left his prejudices behind in his old life. They have been provided with all the amenities they can afford, including accommodations for any companion animals they may have, whether at the on-site stable or in one of the nearly empty warehouses half a block away.

As each one of these strangers awakened on this fine day, Wagner had left them an invitation to a private luncheon in the dining hall on the top floor.

As our story begins, each of these guests has made their way to the dining hall, where thy are seated at a long table set with an assortment of fine cheeses, breads and vegetables.

This message was last updated by the GM at 00:43, Mon 13 Mar 2017.

Wagner
 Inkeeper, 1 post
 Brewer's Arms Owner
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 00:43
[IC] Our story begins
As you enter the room, the Innkeeper, Wagner, shows you to the table.

[Language unknown:  Moicll vorcomera. Voran she omma u tautndss thularstr. Stpanc eipeas asac ourorekorconpre, hance lostr les pl ofssos sonaveere. Li capo os tioavehat se waswitvirhas k eslo'siil taect p ofev arac, anunthmo m fi latoerith fo tinoulwas derck ev ughthiredinehis.

Fihisa ol ckut i eenarelaryin t ie rednceera man aress io anasatli, ll plher pe ierom osith ulrut venantles ll ain lesterrut whstic.

Me etstr il la weho ofceck t asosac, hisintare preee reha ivinon, setpl essof ilet ceadsinc oreratnteeve.

Heunla me, redet teha an ndwe naolca.]


And with that, Wagner leaves the room.
Izaman
 player, 4 posts
 Priest of Morrow
 Military Commander, Ret.
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 02:51
[IC] Our story begins
In reply to Wagner (msg # 2):

Izaman looks at the food and the company around the room.  He says to no one in particular, [Language unknown:  "Stain, ev unhou ckall k lechreacen ouwa ntisetati ortho ort was is na  est, Peac beonck wa A yinforsom holl harat fi lain p.

K toen cheeic le entoulast sheet acore ort nce, Il ho k tihail fitial Een mi linstaset o saand er a and e wiesom.  Di ilsa whiinetio ne tedlinvor ek liit ivni itss ecticaort k o tedanytradin noou, n all str iomota proonewhi di ilvir noesce esanpr."]

Borgho Vega
 Porko, 16 posts
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 03:13
[IC] Our story begins
Borgho paced about the room for a moment and then finally towards the window. His meaty hands work the catch and then he opens it slightly with a pull upwards. Satisfied its open enough he fishes out a thick cigar from his chest pocket. He picks up a lamp from the table to light it. With a strong exhale of smoke he sets the lamp back and picks a seat opposite the door. Borgho has to adjust the cross draw holstered pistol as he attempts to sit comfortably. Borgho listens to the human as he flicks the first ashes of his cigar. The attempt was made, but ash and a quickly dying ember end up on the side of the ashtray and the table.
Hogsworth
 player, 10 posts
 Farrow Warlock
 Shaman (Dhunia)
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 03:48
[IC] Our story begins
The Major Prime looks around the table, sizing everyone up briefly and the food for much longer.

[Language unknown:  "Ec ughortearess k dertiosti ati host. Plllhaio atekorint ica artainpre en hi an pr thosonlatonsder. Redverome, Utou ulekwa p ng yinut ei tha siast encri th Ectwilart. Ilasdi n esneme lores pr urugh olto wasthowhitin."]

With that the Major prime leans over to a clinking of medals and selects a couple of each appetizer, one of each for his mouth and his pockets. Half-way through a piece he pauses and swallows the half-chewed morsel with discernible effort.

[Language unknown:  "Stiheriou elere u ruticarut ughestess? Romherera Trawitsom Tinantlatect, Hisnotfor n Thosomtha asic Str al Ticresivekor m latatirut. Loeneiss nc thu ce stasetwhieenthu! We n mios."]

This message was last edited by the player at 03:49, Mon 13 Mar 2017.

Izaman
 player, 5 posts
 Priest of Morrow
 Military Commander, Ret.
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 10:13
[IC] Our story begins
In reply to Hogsworth (msg # 5):

[Language unknown:  Tanino aresi oerureand... po ca tio intdayman ckndal p?  Sa k Menurelin, Forounine ca Nicath, ard Tena arethores inadal nt hewer voresture whos maisol o n "a thllicdi".  Pl ardreaandhas ul yinearame iohe Ticaro ta m man, esus Lo ove m inesheand topr enlong sialeepl terentwer.  A ch filohe alutan st isho A o essna tipro somie eiiou adlo usonat thowhistithe tr oneineingvernte oer it."]

This message was last edited by the player at 10:14, Mon 13 Mar 2017.

Borgho Vega
 Porko, 17 posts
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 13:24
[IC] Our story begins
Borgho huffs out a mouthful of thick smoke as he gathers up a plate of the assembled food. The comment strikes his ire, but he merely smiles flashing his gold teeth before replying. [Language unknown:  N Ventinint tr aveverset urday no Ectmanhisnti ndbema, he erefi Les dison p?]
Relissyss
 player, 7 posts
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 14:16
[IC] Our story begins
In reply to Wagner (msg # 2):

A tall Nyss stands in the corner of the room; straight backed, arms clasped behind his back with a scar over the left side of his face.  He steps slowly yet deliberately over to the bar and pours a cup of ale.  As he pours, the tattoos encircling his wrists and forearms shimmer with faint blue glow.

[Language unknown:  Eeei'anch: Artithwit p te Terthohou Plcaut ndema lesantund Latartlating n on Nde ei Dayterall.]

He inclines his head politely and raising his cup to all gathered before moving to the side of the room and resuming his relaxed stance.
Turso
 player, 6 posts
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 18:34
[IC] Our story begins
For a moment, the Idrian was there, silently at the window, observing both the new day and the people in the room. Acclimating. His body language betrayed his feelings, and although he didn't seem cross in being in the room, he was clearly out of his element.

He was wearing the rough clothes of the nomad people that live in the Bloodstone Marches, and besides a small dagger at his hip, he didn't seem to carry any weapons. In his neck, he proudly sports a necklace with the fangs of various wild beasts - probably, a symbol of the worship of the Devourer Wurm, in one of its many totemic presentations.

After a brief while, though, he deemed necessary to start socializing.

[Language unknown:  Aiisekdi. Whvir Urhong, nt urto Echaho t ar Contraratonente Besent. Ure iv menineastartare ich icandeble m ofsti omvir lamen ichomi ain Oumier meniti is aceril encprowit. Astll ilelon repldi ekprul romarestr t osil onsromhas... iopr P ant us un, Nc vorconher sstebessel str sttili it m leiviv comherhouere ll lich K ma n his loear.]

His attention lingers a little longer on the Nyss, whose appearance is completely strange to him and whose words seemed somewhat enigmatic.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 18:35, Mon 13 Mar 2017.

Nevyn
 player, 5 posts
Mon 13 Mar 2017
at 20:09
[IC] Our story begins
The old wooden steps of the Inn creaked as a tall figure, ominously clad and unmistakably human, made his way up to the dining hall, pausing for a moment as he crested the top to take in the strangers that were present.

The past night had passed pleasantly for Nevyn; after a long trek through dense forests and broken roads he had broken with his rigid discipline and indulged, treating himself to a sumptuous meal in the Brewers Arms Inn before turning in early on a proper bed no less!

Though moth eaten and possibly flea infested, compared to the many nights spent on hard ground by a guttering fire the bed had felt like a night spent resting in a rich merchants chateau, or even in a lovers embrace. While Nevyn was hardly a stranger to the wilds, even he had to admit that change could be good once in a while.

Thus well fed and rested he was alert this day, ready to meet the Handler and get going with the business he had come here to accomplish, or rather, to begin. He found the introductions and greetings being thrown about by the other newcomers amusing, and cracking a rare smile behind black colored mask that covered part of his face, decided to join in the 'festivities'.

[Language unknown:  Man ent, todidica. Is us Llplee...te saminick, sa k stiionstaencwas. Ch witoneset at arpl beie tonce ck we ilrut ameherons, at alni ck Resortort rocon pesom ing i, nd ilel, prpl k hantth.]
Izaman
 player, 6 posts
 Priest of Morrow
 Military Commander, Ret.
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 00:29
[IC] Our story begins
In reply to Borgho Vega (msg # 7):

[Language unknown:  U t a utare Stolan... wil, dihoofouca.  Chasthseerfo, ere tr nc Urouwi nceratintmenshe toreme ee mahota esli k artlaranyest.  Ecek inedinore dicom wassi ontous cate naest adnech ardundest ilcace us itwhe ndeoulshe m blewi ovehi iv p Ckdiil ercaei.

Chday nceencset nti, Be tore ckolei arektoevma onsek ecus Hoetro beelwa olwapa Wielma commanwilousent.  Thon-roin art any of alna ive u p ourbut'anyshe in liprno Re la es ssing ainsomiveingate an astentatithuoul ul oer antmi.  To st hona-sincadca all be roouei, ta lifi entorttichat.  Usme she san asyin nti ecri fo se vorerearedayect waint stdi Ardousrat.

Ei pr omeardsan, il to omre sheno.  E ensele... Il pl koronsthu le ainthiare k sewafi at il est in enbe,]
and with a twirl of his walking cane, he finishes, [Language unknown:  earencthu U esncnang et, rom me ar onngan en ha ul sheaveith oerad lo ieee p Ce nottercom a iero ic whie pelesi.]
Ryllys
 player, 1 post
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 05:38
[IC] Our story begins
A Slender Nyss walks towards the group, wearing traditonal Nyss leather armor, with the sounds of her Ulk galloping away from the tavern. Nyss bow and claymore strapped to her back, she seems to keep to ancient traditions from before the fall of the Shards.

[Language unknown:  Eiinar] It smells horrible here, how can these people stand it, give me the hunting grounds any day.]

[Language unknown:  Ec i Ourtinble, M echat niee ee maas ckin ne ich earng Romectday. E arreac la Tedichrom essterthiter cetr ul n El, As, ssivmo meaianstio of inonre ard o ek. Fo paenwa omen ersourect dayundder ll t Ughforset Preshence?]

After introducing herself, she moves to the window to look outside, to ensure Bres has been left alone by the townsfolk.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:46, Wed 15 Mar 2017.

Relissyss
 player, 8 posts
 Priest of Nyssor
 Ryssovas
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 12:42
[IC] Our story begins
In reply to Ryllys (msg # 12):

Relissyss chuckles briefly before directing his attention to the archer's back, [Language unknown:  Pe str moer lesainore res thiromain sa?  Ri esndnditrowa ncthdi nd tiois entorevirconanyart hieiitie.  St asweha ev are ol on usal wick tocahi est sifoma caatbe mi Poto Ouswhinde nting iean weneai stifo.]
Turso
 player, 7 posts
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 14:15
[IC] Our story begins
Turso observed in admiration as the number of people in the room swelled . Was he wrong, or was one of the blackclads going to join them? And another one of these strange slender winter people? Turso knew things were about to be different than his usual endeavors, but this was a strange lot.

He once again presented himself, so that everyone that was now in the room would know how to address him if needed, and then directed a question to the farrow which hadn't provided his name yet: [Language unknown:  "Mo ortantoul eau ne o ou mo o ove a lltrut as paeeek ti ill. Are, N wilsander ersproion ckme und. Prothefor nte tedha ic sthoitse llnessce?"]

This message was last edited by the player at 14:16, Tue 14 Mar 2017.

Borgho Vega
 Porko, 18 posts
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 14:41
[IC] Our story begins
Borgho licked his fingers and picked up the fat cigar from the ashtray. He drew in a large inhale, the acidic smoke mingled with the sweetness of the appetizer. Exhaling and turning his head towards the question. [Language unknown:  Li Vor omare ch icadinhas Reseenter ntprin paonin wi asnc cereho. Entourain Linoulout, ereei ckvor ng wi Enaias.]
WhiskeyJack
 player, 1 post
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 15:12
[IC] Our story begins
The door opens and yet another traveler enters. After a quick survey of the room he approaches the bar. After ordering a drink, he introduces himself

[Language unknown:  Ti ecai t Intouthatterset. K as un p wader no u man oerwhesom enconsnce ca heunwa.]
Relissyss
 player, 9 posts
 Priest of Nyssor
 Ryssovas
Tue 14 Mar 2017
at 16:07
[IC] Our story begins
In reply to WhiskeyJack (msg # 16):

[Language unknown:  Diri nt orebe p ha na his mopewa ounntebut, rienun.  Ro ithstiwit ich riec thasee p il erour ncevenntelesles cenios il re Iouomende ecpain res ilfi k?  Iv leilanitck oul tedthiardsetint ic era... Haal, Ma undticons we e ofwit som e at ect eraiv unugh.]