Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout.   Posted by Psynister.Group: 0
Psynister
 GM, 16 posts
 The One
 The Only
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 17:03
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
The Redbrand Hideout beneath Tressendar Manner:

Having decided that they will use the secret entrance in the woods to infiltrate the Redbrand hideout, the group proceeded to the secret entrance. A crudely dug ramp leads down below the ground into a tunnel that looks like it was the result of a fissure.

Lindria stealthily works her way toward the entrance and finds no sign of guards. She notes that the tracks near the tunnel's entrance are indeed from a goblin and orc, as well as several humans. She waves everyone over and informs the group that the goblins haven't been here for at least 3 days, and the last human prints look to be roughly the same age.

As the group opens the door and begins to proceed forward, they note the presence of light toward the end. The tunnel runs about 100 feet before opening into a cavern.

A cold breeze fills the large natural cavern, carrying with it the faint scent of decaying flesh. A crevasse divides the cavern and is flanked by two rough stone columns that support the twenty-foot-high ceiling. Two arched wooden bridges span the chasm.

Setting Info:

Lighting: Most areas here are brightly lit by oil lamps in wall sconces.
Ceilings: Default is 10 ft high except where noted
Doors: Wooden with iron handles/hinges with built-in locks.

Bridges: Made of wooden planks, no rails.




This message was last edited by the GM at 22:05, Sun 05 Mar 2017.

Torg
 Human Barbarian, 1 post
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 20:24
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
I am hesitant to step forward but as I observe the geological layers revealed by the chasm, I listen for distant sounds that may be carried by the caverns solid looking walls.


15:12, Today: Psynister, on behalf of Torg, rolled 16 using 1d20+3.  Perception.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:13, Sun 05 Mar 2017.

Lyndria Lorlach
 Half-Elven Ranger, 1 post
Sun 5 Mar 2017
at 21:50
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Lindria wrinkles her nose at the stench and peers around the open cavern. Her instinct is to move as quickly forward as they can, but she knows that she doesn't want to leave any enemies at her back. She looks toward the nearest opening on the group's left and listens. After a moment, she turns to her companions, jerks her head toward it and arches a single brow in the unspoken question: Proceed?


15:53, Today: Lyndria Lorlach rolled 9 using 1d20+5.  Perception.
15:53, Today: Lyndria Lorlach rolled 24 using 1d20+5.  Stealth.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:12, Sun 05 Mar 2017.

Kaynox
 Gnome Bard, 1 post
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 00:35
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Kaynox shifts, disliking her male dwarf appearance. It's not flattering to her pending fame and the beard bothers her. And the nose, the huge nose. It makes seeing her feet difficult and the cold draft makes it cold. And the stink. She logs in her mind how awful it smells, hoping to include it in the epic poem she writes about their adventures.

In boredom, she pulls her lyre from her bags, but then puts it back in fear of Lyndria's disapproval. She resorts to soft humming while watching her strange bulk flex and twist as she stretches.
Psynister
 GM, 21 posts
 The One
 The Only
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 01:14
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
 OOC: There are tables for your character at the bottom of this post that I'll include in posts from time to time in order to help you remember what resources you have available.

Lindria kept her elven ears open for sounds, and seeing no movement, she considered heading down the western passage. Not wanting to seem too bossy, she looked back to the group for their agreement before she made her decision.

Kaynox was really bored and really disliking that stupid disguise she'd put on. Being  dwarfman would never do.

Torg had no problem seeing, thanks to the sconces, but there wasn't much to see beyond rocks and stonework. It held some interest for him, of course, but he was here for business and the pleasure could wait.

Lindria and Kay both saw Torg half-shake his head as if an insect had just tried to fly at his face.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:58, Mon 06 Mar 2017.

Kaynox
 Gnome Bard, 2 posts
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 02:42
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Kaynox hums louder while stepping around Lyndria to get a better look down the western passage.
Psynister
 GM, 22 posts
 The One
 The Only
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 02:56
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Torg readies his mallet and chisel and sneers toward the left side of the nearby column. He looks Lindria in the eyes for just a moment, then back toward the column as he thrusts his chin towards it.


Kaynox hums a louder tune and steps further into the cavern to get a look down the western passage. As she's about to pass Torg, the man crouches down and place the back of his hand against her shoulder to stop her, indicating toward the column once again. However, she sees nothing but a column, a wall, and the back of Torg's massive leg.
Kaynox
 Gnome Bard, 3 posts
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 03:06
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Disappointed, Kaynox steps back behind Lyndria and hums a little softer. She kicks at nearby mouse droppings and pouts.
Lindria Lorlach
 Half-Elven Ranger, 4 posts
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 03:10
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Lindria shakes her head and blinks a few times. Shrugging slightly, she crouches down into a ready position. Her right hand rests on the hilt of one of her short swords, but her left delves into her pocket. Retrieving a single purple berry, she tilts her head to the side and rolls it toward the creature behind the column Torg indicated.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:13, Mon 06 Mar 2017.

Psynister
 GM, 23 posts
 The One
 The Only
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 03:22
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Lindria crouches down and rolls a single Goodberry toward the left side of the column.

A purple arm stretches out a four-fingered hand ending in vicious looking claws and grasps the berry. The creature lifts it near its nose slits and then pulls its head back as if having smelled something terrible and throws the berry to the ground. It swings its head back to look at Lindria,  then to Torg.  Its gaze seems to be searching for something in Torg's eyes.


Map updated:

Torg
 Human Barbarian, 3 posts
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 03:28
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Torg searches his bags for some meat, but finds only crumbs and some stale crust. "You'll not eat Kaynox. Besides, her poems might give you indigestion!"
Lindria Lorlach
 Half-Elven Ranger, 5 posts
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 03:37
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Lindria rolls her eyes at the creature. Hearing Torg's response to nothing she could audibly hear, she mutters under her breath, "Cheeky telepathic beggar..." She then rifles through her bag until she finds a small piece of dried venison. Tossing it toward the column, she smirks, "That's all the meat you'll get from us."

She remains in her crouch,  but now her left hand also rests on a hilt.
Torg
 Human Barbarian, 4 posts
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 03:52
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Torg moves to stand just beside Lindria to the west.
Kaynox
 Gnome Bard, 4 posts
Mon 6 Mar 2017
at 04:10
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Kaynox recoils slightly, then sighs. "You poor thing. It's like something ate you, digested you for a bit, and spit you out. As if a bird would feed you to its young." Kaynox tries to speak with it in the language of beasts, but the communication fails.
Psynister
 GM, 26 posts
 The One
 The Only
Tue 7 Mar 2017
at 00:31
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
The strange creature moved forward slightly and picked up the venison, sniffed it, and then ate it. While chewing, it noticed the goodberry again and picked it up to give it another sniff. The thing's body language showed that it wanted to throw it away once more, but fought off the urge and popped it into its mouth.

It's singular eye swiveled around once more, a new look of interest on its face. The eye settled on Kaynox for a moment, before moving around to each of you in turn. You all hear the creature's voice in your head, "If not the little one, I eat ones with red cloaks. I let you pass if you bring me flesh from red cloak ones."

The creature leans back and looks down at his stomach, then back to Lindria as his hands grasp his stomach.


Kaynox
 Gnome Bard, 5 posts
Tue 7 Mar 2017
at 01:35
Dungeon: Redbrand Hideout
Kaynox laughs. "Easy peasy! Lindria and Torg can do that super fast!" In fact, I can share with you a poem of them doing that just today!"