(IC) The Hangover.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 204 posts
Mon 3 Jul 2017
at 23:07
(IC) The Hangover
DISCONTINUITY
GM
 GM, 205 posts
Mon 3 Jul 2017
at 23:27
(IC) The Hangover
Tham and Albers awaken on a ledge outside, a word which here means not within the walls of a tower, but still inside the echoey galleries and arcades of Sharn.

You're near a doorway that would probably lead into Betsy's mansion. Water streams out of it past the branches of a tree that is blocking the door partway open. The tree is shaped somewhat like a young woman. Jil, incidentally, is nowhere to be seen.

Brunok is with you, still unconscious.

Betsy is there, awake, eyes wide and staring and the pupils oddly slitted vertically. A red, scaly rash can be seen around her dragonmark.

Also present is Erix. He is ministering somewhat to the physical consequences of the fight you just had.
Tham d'Lyrandar (jkeogh)
 player, 134 posts
 Half-elf
 Dragonmarked sorcerer.
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 04:16
(IC) The Hangover
Tham woke with a gasp that hurt more than he'd imagined possible. He was in pain everywhere and desperately out of breath. But breathing deeply hurt too. That damned Shark must have punctured a lung.

He looked around while he caught his breath and saw a welcome face. "Erix, damn, it hurts to even speak. Are you a sight for sore eyes? We could have used you a few, well whenever it was we decided to take on those sharks."

He tried to sit up, but he couldn't. He just laid there a bit longer looking at the tree and admiring its shape.
Albers Josef (jacktannery)
 player, 85 posts
 Tiefling
 Paladin, revolutionary.
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 22:06
(IC) The Hangover
Tham tries to rise too fast, then burps and falls back down on his face. ‘GRUGHH’, he whimpers.

‘Erickshuh? Gurgle grgggh graaagh grugggg grgggg!’ he tries to point urgently towards Brunok using his toe, which is the only bit of him working right now.
GM
 GM, 209 posts
Wed 5 Jul 2017
at 17:20
(IC) The Hangover
Brunok wakes. "Ugh. Blagh," he spits, rolling on his side. "Well, looks like that didn't work out as anyone hoped." He pats his person, finding his weapons and the diamonds gone. "Heh, got the diamonds back, I take it. No hard *cough, wheeze* no hard feelings?

"Uh, Betsy's not looking so good. That healer I know probably can't help her now, but Daask higher-ups would probably like to meet her. They'd make sure she gets the dragon's blood she needs." Betsy, breathing fast through clenched teeth, doesn't seem to hear what the goblin's saying.
GM
 GM, 211 posts
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 14:53
(IC) The Hangover
The between-towers space of Sharn it its breezy, smelly self, but there's somewhat more noise than usual. From what seems like far away, due to the acoustic chaos that is Sharn's architecture if not actual distance, come cries of animals and people, and the sounds of metal and magic being used to get an out-of-control situation back under-some-control. The party is over. One hopes Daria Danno is getting a good story out of it.

This side of the tower, wherever it is, seems quiet, except for the water streaming from the opening. The hubbub of the disrupted party might never involve this area - or someone might wander past, or come here searching for the lady of the house.

"Who're you?" Brunok asks Erix. "You with the Watch?"
Albers Josef (jacktannery)
 player, 87 posts
 Tiefling
 Paladin, revolutionary.
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 09:06
(IC) The Hangover
Albers shakes himself, slaps his face a few times, and eventually manages to get up.

‘He’s a friend’ he replies for Erix as he hauls Tham to his feet and supports him over his shoulder.

‘Brunok, you need to get up. We’ll return your weapons once Betsy is safe. And forget about the diamonds.’

‘Erix, do you think you can carry Betsy?’


He looks around, stares suspiciously at the woman-shaped tree. ‘Where the hell is Jil? Jil?' He asks the tree, feeling foolish. ‘Is that you?’