Momo's den.   Posted by Master of Ceremonies.Group: 0
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 220 posts
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 20:33
Momo's den
Momo slams into the Wolf's legs and it teeters dangerously, attempting to right itself before Momo plants Bast's spear directly into it's abdomen. It screams and lashes out wildly, The pitch and volume of the tortured shriek rises and Momo feels his mind being crushed on all sides.

Terrible memories swim to the surface of Momo's consciousness

A narrow hoof lashes out, catching Momo square in the chest and pitching him backwards several meters,slamming into his shack. The sound of cracking wood echos like a gunshot.

The wolf is staggering back and forth, fading madly in and out of reality, dust and detritus fly around dangerously as it's dripping antlers glow a deep red colour.

Winded and hurting, Momo staggers forward,grasping for Bast's spear before hurling it, by design or pure chance the spear strikes one of the antlers which explode violently into many glimmering fractals that slash deep into the surrounding area and Momo as Bast falls limply to the ground, bleeding but alive.

The Wolf snarls in pain and disappointment at being cheated as it's dragged back into the howling maelstrom.

After that it's completely silent apart from the labored sounds of Momo's mask as he sucks in air, dust and dirt falls slowly like snow, arranging themselves in strange shape upon the ground.

This is the scene that greets Rage as he crests the hill to Momo's shack.

Momo-Take 3 damage. It would be four but you have the small gang trait right?

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:43, Tue 12 Sept 2017.

Ezekiel Rage
 player, 89 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 20:57
Momo's den
(OOC-From Ragtime Gal)

"What the fuck!?" Zek said, running over to Bast. He was not sure what he could do for Momo, but the little girl came first. The man who left him to die...well, not a distant second, but certainly not Zek's top concern at this second.

"Bast! Bast! Can you make it? Do I need to get you to a Angel!?" He suddenly had a image of Bast stepping into a doorway badly hurt, and coming out through another door just fine. It was a crazy idea, but the more he thought about it-the more real it seemed.

"You are gonna be ok! You hear me!? I am not going to let you die!" He sounded like he was not really talking to the little girl. He thought he may be talking to himself. Or...he was just crazy. He just knew somehow Bast could be healed, if she had a way to open that door...and he could help her do it-somehow.

OOC:
16:53, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 7 using 2d6+3.  Help Bast use her special move.
Bast gets +1 to her next roll, which will hopefully be taking herself to the The motherís heartbeat, so she can heal.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:01, Tue 12 Sept 2017.

Bast
 player, 102 posts
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 12:40
Momo's den
"Owie owie owie. That was a nasty one. Sorry Mr Momo, but I have to go."

Bast reached out to the Storm, the unexpected boost from Zek sending her hurtling wildly into it.

14:38, Today: Bast rolled 8 using 2d6+4.  Mother's touch.
Just, but good enough. Healed, but she comes out in a random location.

Ezekiel Rage
 player, 90 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 15:35
Momo's den
Zek saw it...the magic hole. It was real. It had not come for her, she had called it. "Wait...don't...don't go." He said,  feeling like be was going insane.  She had been badly hurt, but she used the door? As if she was expecting to get help. How could he follow? It was impossible, and yet...a lot of what had thought was impossible seemed to be very possible now.

He was surprised to see another hole open...and he heard voices through it. Voices he recognized. He took one last look around at the world of sanity,  as awful as it was, and proceeded to step forth into the unknown-and vanish.

Ooc:
10:09, Wed 13 Sept: Ezekiel Rage rolled 10 using 2d6+2.† using new ability.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 223 posts
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 15:53
Momo's den
Bast falls into the maelstrom, that singing place between the cracks of reality. The howling sing's her to sleep. She hangs like that for an eon, bathed by the compassion of unreality. The wound left by the Wolf knits together, pulped organs reforming as they repair themselves.


OOC- What ability are you using Rage?
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 91 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 16:00
Momo's den
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 56):
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 224 posts
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 18:00
Momo's den
It feels as if Ezekiel is waling through a veil made of spiderwebs that crack and splinter as he forces his way through. He hears voices up ahead...voices he hasn't heard in so long, before fire and blood, before the tears and despair.

Before the Rage

He can see Bast ahead, being carried along by some ethereal current.

Bast is falling towards the roiling sky, ragged clouds part before her,tearing like cloth as she's pitched through them.

It's a rough landing and the air is knocked out of her as Bast hits the ground.

Rough dry wood cracks beneath her and she falls another story onto a carpeted floor in a shower of dust and woodchips.

"Does Rage follow? What whispers does he hear?"

OOC-New move for Rage
Whenever you observe the psychic maelstrom roll 2d6+Weird
On a 10+ The things that look like your wife and child whispers guidance and warnings
On a 7-9 The things that look like your wife and child are quiet and cold.
On a miss...They blame you. Prepare for the worst. 

Ezekiel Rage
 player, 92 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 18:29
Momo's den
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 58):

Zek moves forward-feeling like he is fighting through a hurricane of wind and sand. His hands are up in front of his face, but they seem to provide little protection. He feels like he knows where Bast is, and is making progress...when he hears her voice.

Emily was calling to him.

He looks with horror, and off to his right he sees her. As he saw her last, but now she was just standing there, holding a small child. His little girl. This was wrong-last time he had seen them both...they could not stand. Or move. Or breathe.

Now they where both pointing at him. Their burnt, skeletal faces-streaked with boiled blood-staring at him with empty eye sockets. The digits they gestured in his direction  where accusing fingers with barely any blackened flesh on them.

"No! NO! I tried! I tried!" He said, trying to make them see. Make them forgive. But the words rung hollow in his ears. Does it matter if he tried? It was not good enough. He still lost them both. He did not fight hard enough, or smart enough, or lucky enough. He trusted the wrong men, and it cost him everything dear. He had only his anger after that, and tracking down those responsible had not healed his inner wound.

"Please! Please...I need it to be different now! PLEASE!" He said, begging.

But the skeletal woman and her burnt child kept pointing at him. Change was for the living, after all...

OOC:

14:17, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 5 using 2d6+2.  Custom move-observe the Malestrom.

Ow...well, at least I get an xp out of the deal.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:31, Tue 26 Sept 2017.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 225 posts
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 20:14
Momo's den
The stench of burning flesh fills his nose,catching at the back of his throat and making his eyes water as the fire consumes his family.

The flames form indistinct figures that grapple and drag them into the choking smoke, screaming and wailing.

One of the figures cocks his head quizzically as if hearing something before his head snaps round and locks eyes with Rage.

It grins and Rage is thrown clear of the Maelstrom and onto an old rotted couch, He sees Bast a floor below him, apparently having fallen through the floor.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 93 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 20:28
Momo's den
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 60):

"Its...its in my head. It's...its not real." He said to himself. However, he could smell the burning flesh. Taste the ash in his mouth. Feel heat from the flames...and see and hear the horror as if it was the first time.

That being said-it was impossible. So was little girls opening magic holes and healing all their wounds. However-there she was. Good as new.

"Bast?" He said with a trembling voice and reaching out with a shaky hand. If he could focus on her, he would not have to deal with...whatever that was.
Bast
 player, 103 posts
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 12:34
Momo's den
Bast blinked up through the hole in the roof, not sure she believed what she was seeing. "Mr Rage? Did you follow me? Were you one of us before or something?"
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 94 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 12:43
Momo's den
In reply to Bast (msg # 62):

"One of...who?" He said, relieved she was ok. She clearly did not see the horrible...whatever that was. She was all fixed up as well, utterly healed of any wound. He sat back and leaned against the rotted couch, trying to process everything that just happened. "Where are we? What just happened? Why are you even healed?" He asked.
Bast
 player, 104 posts
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 10:42
Momo's den
"Er, one of the Children?"

"Dunno where we are, you gave me a boost then tagged along, so the storm kinda threw us."


Bast rolled to her feet, looking around.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 95 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 12:13
Momo's den
In reply to Bast (msg # 64):

"What does that mean, 'one of the children?'"


He rubbed his temples.  "I don't get any of this. Why am I suffering these hallucinations?"
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 226 posts
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 12:54
Momo's den
Small motes of light fall around the pair and dance in Rage's vision, mingling with the sawdust floating in the air. If he cocks his head an squints he can see the way above them, crackling and shimmering. The smell of decay hits her and she hears faint scuttling coming from the fracturing waygate.
Bast
 player, 105 posts
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 16:06
Momo's den
"Watch it, looks like we might have picked up a scuttler." Bast eyed the Way suspiciously.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 96 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 16:20
Momo's den
In reply to Bast (msg # 67):

"Ok...what the hell is a skuttler?"
He asked, doubting he would get answer that made any sense.

He drew his machete, thinking whatever it was would move in too close for the rifle or the grenade laucher. He did try to see what it was, but once again his brain seemed to reach out as a reaction to his wishes.

(Ooc: 12:16, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 12 using 2d6+2.† open up brain.)
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 227 posts
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 21:29
Momo's den
Rage stares up at the waygate and it grows massive,exploding out behind his eyes as it fills his vision.

Mottled blue spherical things jump and whizz inside the way, catching the motes of light falling down from the maelstrom with spindly arms before engulfing them.
Feasting on the psychic by-product of the way tearing itself into the real world.

Carrion...but it's not unheard of for them to chance something bigger, something rich and fat with The Mothers Gift

With a crack several scuttlers fold back their skin, revealing several surprisingly human looking eyes which glare balefully at Bast.

They seem to be testing the water, wondering if they can chance a excursion outside The Way.

As Rage steps closer they recoil, single eyes wincing slightly. Many retreat back into the way as if repelled.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 97 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Wed 4 Oct 2017
at 16:18
Momo's den
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 69):

"Holy crow!" He says, the image hitting him almost hard enough to hurt. "Those...those things! They are real!" He goes for his rifle, a modified Winchester. He tinkered with it to replicate the function of an old TV show. Able to load the next cartridge by 'spinning' the weapon with one hand, and balanced for such shooting-it let his right hand keep the machete handy.

He steps in front of Bast, and aims at the nearest...thing.  Any of them get too close will feel an armor piercing round between its many, many eyes. "Keep behind me!" He said to the girl. He was wondering if he was not more scared than she was, as she did not seem very upset by this insane outcome.
Bast
 player, 106 posts
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 13:43
Momo's den
"They are" Bast replied reasonably, pointing to the Scuttlers.

Bast tucked herself in behind one leg, peering cautiously out. "Don't worry Mr Rage, you are real, you can kill them forever and ever and they know it."
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 99 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 14:35
Momo's den
"Good to know!" He growled, and noticed one of the things decided to move a bit closer. He blasted it in the mess it had for face. The armor piercing round should penetrate skull and finish the thing off. Maybe its fellows would get the idea now was the time to leave...

(OOC:
10:27, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 9 using 2d6+3.  go aggro.

I do +1 harm, I take -1 harm, and damage is 4 Armor Piercing. I also count as a small gang, but any mods for that has not been taken into account.)

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 232 posts
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 12:15
Momo's den
The crack of the long rifle sounds like a cannon in the confined room. The shot finds its mark dead centre, as it flies into the way and crosses the threshold into the maelstrom however the bullet slows,becoming visible as it's speed drops as if firing into treacle.

The bullet twists and warps, trailing slightly as it appears to melt leaving liquid lead floating and spinning in the air like quicksilver.

One of the scuttlers pops like a balloon as the bullet strikes it. No blood,no gore, It just ceases to exist in a puff.

The impact knocks a few others loose of their psychic perch and they tumble into realspace where they start to shriek as they start to boil. They scramble over each other as they attempt to crawl back into the Maelstrom.

The others draw back,a psychic hiss echoing through the room as they leave to find easier targets.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 100 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 04:48
Momo's den
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 73):

Zek looks shocked as the bullet...kills?...one of the things. Still, it seemed to scare the hell out of the others. "Can...can what the hell is going on, Bast? I got like a million questions-I figure you must have guess most of them by now. I could start asking you but I am afraid I would never stop..."
Bast
 player, 107 posts
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 11:01
Momo's den
Bast shrugged in a rustle of plastic. "You can ask Mr Rage, but I can't promise to know the answers." She peered out of a window, trying to figure out where they were.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 236 posts
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 18:02
Momo's den
Bast knew where they were...

OOC-Rage and Bast-->Blasted Heath