The Spring.   Posted by Master of Ceremonies.Group: 0
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 93 posts
Tue 23 May 2017
at 19:46
The Spring
The Spring is a massive complex.

Processing stations sit,nestled into the side of the cliff face that protects the Spring from all but the most determined attacks.

A network of pipework runs between them and a series of buildings built out the cliffside.

One particularly large set of pipework connects to the main water extractor.
A behemoth of spinning filters and suction fans that grazes the air and drags what little moisture it contains into massive water tanks deep in the mountain below.

This is a site that faces Ezikiel Rage as he looks of Harradian's reflective shoulder.

Workers can be seen milling about the pump like ants through the office window and Harridan's eyes narrow as he stares at Pump block three.

He speaks suddenly
"What do you know about the arrangement between The Spring and Ragtown?"
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 10 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 23 May 2017
at 19:58
The Spring
Zek rubs his stubble on his chin,  glancing at the shiny man's suit. It made a handy mirror, although Zek did not much care for grooming these days. "Not a lot." He admitted. "I need work and a place to stay. So what's the deal?"
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 94 posts
Tue 23 May 2017
at 20:50
The Spring
Harridan grunts and tugs at the collar of his hazard suit irritability.

"Well...we got both...more work than space though...

He turns from the window and sits down at his desk.
"Ragtown supplies parts to us to keep that massive fucker running"

At that he gestures behind him to the main extractor.

"In return,they get water. Lately they've been...late...with certain supplies. I want you to find out what the fuck they're doing down there and why we're not getting the parts we need."

He slides a series of water purification tablets across the table (+1 Barter)

"You'll get more when you've shaken some sense into Rum"
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 12 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 23 May 2017
at 20:58
The Spring
"And how much 'shaking' will be required? I assume you want the guy in reasonable shape to keep paying,  right?" He asked. Not before grabbing the tablets of course.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 96 posts
Tue 23 May 2017
at 21:12
The Spring
He nods
I'd prefer it if there was still a Ragtown left to trade with and Rum...despite being a fat sack of shit...is a decent enough buisness partner."

He taps a few times on the table seemingly in thought.
"Two...particular...items of interest...That I would like delivered here over anything else. A specific type of filter and a rare capacitor...here"
He slides a diagram and a drawing over to Ezekiel,Two components can be seen on them.
"You get them...You get extra"
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 13 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 23 May 2017
at 22:00
The Spring
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 5):

Zek already did not like the sound of this. "As you are not giving me any means to get them-am I supposed to hope the fall off the back of a transport? Cause you wanting this stuff for free and wanting the town in decent shape may not go hand in hand..." He narrowed his eyes. "You do know what my speciality is, right? I should tell you its not barter." He raised an eyebrow and looked the man up and down.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 99 posts
Wed 24 May 2017
at 06:34
The Spring
He rolls his eyes before pimnching the bridge of his nose and sighing deeply.
"Alright, I was to subtle.
Rum has these componants.Get them.
Find out why Rum is withholding payment.
Feel free to blow some shit up but don't destroy Ragtown.
If you don't want the work, fuck off and I'll take the barter back."

Ezekiel Rage
 player, 14 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Wed 24 May 2017
at 11:24
The Spring
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 7):

"Deal's a deal." Zek said, clearly not planning to give the tablets back. Hopefully he can just slip in, nab Rum and get some answers and slip out again. Nice and easy-but then again-what was easy these days? He half expected to be shot entering the place. He gets up and starts off for Ragtown...
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 102 posts
Wed 24 May 2017
at 18:18
The Spring
Its high noon when The Sheriff and his Deputies ride into the Spring and start unloading their wares.

Raptors tank is about 4/5 full,you reckon it's still got some time in it before it needs fueling.

The Deputies mill about The Spring,browsing the stores,bar or just looking threatening.
Screws is searching the various stores and scrounging what he can,Buzzsaw is helping with "Bartering".

Donny is worryingly absent.

Ezikiel strides down from Harridan's office making his way to the water caravan going to Ragtown.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 15 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Wed 24 May 2017
at 18:22
The Spring
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 9):

Zek hires on to a caravan as he normally does. It was easier travel, and they always wanted an extra gun for security-and it gave him a safe place to sleep on the road. He does notice the 'Sheriff' as he pulls into town-having been fought side by side with the gang in the past. It had been the last time he had seen the girl Bast...and he wondered if she was ok. Granted her masked friend had left Zek bleeding on the ground after a sniper had surprised him, but he was over it. Mostly. Almost. Ok, maybe not quite...
The Sheriff
 player, 12 posts
Wed 24 May 2017
at 21:47
The Spring
Sheriff spots Zeke and gives a chin tilt in his direction, "How you doin', Zeke? Gettin' in trouble these days?"
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 16 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Wed 24 May 2017
at 22:16
The Spring
In reply to The Sheriff (msg # 11):

"As always. You and your boys headed to Ragtown? The caravan I signed up with can always use more guns backing them up." He offered.
The Sheriff
 player, 13 posts
Thu 25 May 2017
at 12:24
The Spring
Sheriff shrugs and puts an unlit cigar in his mouth, "We don' really have much of a plan. We're unloading some salvage we found, but past that we're available. You know we don't work cheap, can the caravan afford us? We'd be happy to take the job."
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 17 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Thu 25 May 2017
at 15:07
The Spring
Zek shrugged. "Mostly the price is a safe place to sleep and mutual protection on the road. You could ask the caravan master however. As I needed a lift to Ragtown, it worked out for me. Where is your bunch headed if not there?"
The Sheriff
 player, 14 posts
Thu 25 May 2017
at 18:29
The Spring
Sheriff clicks his mouth at the news, "Damn, that doesn't sound like much of a deal for us, but hell if I have any leads right now. You heard about anythin'?"
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 18 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Thu 25 May 2017
at 18:32
The Spring
In reply to The Sheriff (msg # 15):

"I have a job in Ragtown-but the reward is dependent on success. I could not make sure you got anything."
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 109 posts
Fri 26 May 2017
at 11:21
The Spring
Raised voices draw the two men's attention.

A Springer seems to be having an altercation with Buzzsaw regardig the recently reappeared Donny,the springer's wife and a mint condition lawn gnome.

The Springer is swearing and waving the gnome around.

Buzzsaw looks like he's trying to decide whether to kick the shit out of the Springer,Kick the shit out of Donny or kick the shit out of both of them.

Donny is trying to escape Buzzsaw's meaty fist and sweating profusely.
The Sheriff
 player, 15 posts
Fri 26 May 2017
at 12:30
The Spring
Sheriff pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head, "Motherfucking Donny. Well Zek, it looks like we might not be welcome here for the time being. We'll roll with your group and see what comes up."
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 19 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Fri 26 May 2017
at 19:56
The Spring
Zek smirks, but nods. "Well, we get to Ragtown and finish off this job, maybe we can force a bit extra out of my employer if we finish all his tasks." He shrugged. It certainly would make his life a lot easier if Sheriff and his gang could add a little muscle to Zek's 'requests'.