The Blasted Heath   Posted by Master of Ceremonies.Group: 0
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 235 posts
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 18:01
The Blasted Heath
Bast peers out the window,pushing a tattered curtain out the way.

The landscape around them is dead.

Unlike the rest of the Badlands where Mother Nature is at least pretending to give a shit by having a functional if fucked up ecosystem of Dustsprinters and Marrowmaws eating each other,this place is looks as if she just gave up and torched the place.

As far as the eye can see is a bleached grey. The small patches of trees are withered,twisted and petrified.

Even the sky appears monochrome and desolate as if the entire world has been acidwashed.

Bast and Rage can't even feel the telltale muggy heat of the regular wastes.

It's as if all their senses have been muted and dulled.

Welcome to the Blasted Heath
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 101 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 19:44
The Blasted Heath
"Oh, lets start with an easy one. Where the hell are we? Or did I answer my own question?" He sighed to Bast, putting his weapons away.

"How about some others while we are at it. How did you make a hole here and heal yourself? How did I follow you-or did you carry me along? How come I can sense things now with my mind?"

He looked at her. "Who is your mother really? Is she a human woman?" Those questions seem to just pop into his mind. "What are all these things hunting you? Like that thing in Momo's den?"
Bast
 player, 108 posts
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 15:16
The Blasted Heath
Bast blinked, taken aback by all the questions. "Sorry" she said in a small voice. "I didn't mean it."
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 102 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 15:26
The Blasted Heath
In reply to Bast (msg # 3):

"Don't be sorry, its not your fault." He sighed. "However, I did warn you I had a lot of questions." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Can you clear any of this up for me? Its ok if you can't. I am used to being pissed off at things beyond anyone's control." He shrugged. "It's part of my name after all..."
Bast
 player, 109 posts
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 15:41
The Blasted Heath
Bast beamed, glad to hear that she was not in trouble. "Um, okay. Lessee... We are in the Blasted Heath, that one is on you pushing, I was trying to go home. It's not a hole silly, it is a Way. I didn't make it, you did, and I didn't heal myself, the Mother did. I dunno how you followed or pushed, never heard of it before. You couldn't sense things with your mind before? I have heard Bigguns say that, but I always thought they were just pretending. Mother waaaas ...human. She is part of the Storm now though. They are Wolves. The Mother's brothers and sisters, sort of."
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 103 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 16:05
The Blasted Heath
In reply to Bast (msg # 5):

Zek bent down on one knee to look Bast in the eyes. She was not lying...but she sounded like a child. He knew how smart she was, but-this was the most...well, child-like he had ever heard her sound.

"I can make a...hol, er way? I can make a...a door to this place?" He looked around, thinking it seemed worse than the wasteland, which was saying something. Still-he felt better here. Physically anyways. Even the scrapes, bumps, and bruises he had back in the wasteland where gone. This place had healed him, just like it had for Bast. She was literally good as new, and he had seen how badly hurt she had been.

"Alright let's take it slow. Not all of us are clever like you. I made a...a Way to your Mother." He doubted she was his mother, as he had buried his own parents. "And instead I ended up here with you. Mother heals those that come here? He looked around, as if expecting to see someone, or something.

"Uh, no I could not sense things with my mind-not like this anyways. It was very...upsetting. But I feel like its more under control now." He rubbed his temple, wondering how much of what he said was true. It felt accurate, but feelings where not facts. Most of the time anyways.

"So, your Mother was human-and her brothers and sisters became...wolves? And they want to hurt you, and your Mom?" That sounded like something out of a kid's story book. He had read his own daughter such stories...before.

He covered his eyes, remembering the horrible image of his wife and child burning. Not from long ago, but just before they came here. "Why...why did Mother make me see those horrible things. Not...not the ones I shot. The ones before." He paused. "Did you see them too?" He tried to keep the anger out of his voice, but his pain was on display and his first reaction was anger. Mostly to keep the despair at bay.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:22, Tue 10 Oct 2017.

Bast
 player, 110 posts
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 12:53
The Blasted Heath
"Er, no. I opened the Way. You pushed it from home to here." Bast thought about it a moment. "Or maybe you opened your own Way and here is halfway between them. I dunno."

She shook her heat at his second question. "No, you don't make a Way to the Mother. She is the Way. All the Ways."

"Mm, that is right. when they made the Mother, they tried first with nasty people who they didn't care if they died. Condemned criminals they were called. Some made it, some didn't, but those who did were just as nasty as they were before. Wolves."

"Mother doesn't make you see things. In fact, from what I heard, she stops you from seeing things, that is what she was made for."

Ezekiel Rage
 player, 104 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 13:16
The Blasted Heath
In reply to Bast (msg # 7):

"So...are you saying people made the Malestorm? On purpose?  And they tested it out on prisoners first!?" He had always wondered how humanity had destroyed itself. Now he knew...in a way. He wondered if humanity deserved to die after that. He had carried with him his own hatred so long, he barley knew anything else.

He was silent as he looked up at the sky, and he exhaled. No...he finally decided. Emily, Hope, Bast...they deserve a chance. To grow in a world without...all this chaos. I can't give up on them. I'm not gonna let these scum take everything.

"Well, that's the answer then." He said, standing up. "Let's get you to your mom." Maybe he would get some answers, but that no longer seemed important. Getting Bast to safety was the only thing that mattered.
Bast
 player, 111 posts
Mon 16 Oct 2017
at 14:40
The Blasted Heath
"Oh, I am not exactly ready to Go to the Mother yet, life is far too interesting. Going home, yes. Those Wolves were making trouble there. I will just give the Scuttlers a few minutes to get bored and go away then I will take the Way. No pushing this time please."
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 105 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Mon 16 Oct 2017
at 14:54
The Blasted Heath
In reply to Bast (msg # 9):

"Ok...ummm...can I help? I think I helped you before. Don't understand HOW I did that, but I am pretty sure I did..." He asked.

(OOC-Going to assit Bast on her roll to open portal.

10:53, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 14 using 2d6+3.  Assit Bast .

Bast gets +2 to her roll, if she accepts of course.)

Bast
 player, 112 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 14:35
The Blasted Heath
16:32, Today: Bast rolled 13 using 2d6+5.  Take Way.

He pushed -again-, but Bast was ready for it this time, feeding the extra power into useful things rather than letting it carry her off course.

To -> Bast's Den
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 240 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 19:10
The Blasted Heath
The remaining scuttlers part around the two as they float upwards into the crackling waygate,lifted up by the mothers embrace. With a clear sight in mind the journey doesn't seem to take that long but Rage can't shake the feeling they've been traveling for a long time.

OOC-Rage can you roll your interact with the maelstrom move please?
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 106 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Mon 23 Oct 2017
at 18:11
The Blasted Heath
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 12):

Rage allowed Bast to take him along, but once again felt his mind drifting elsewhere against his will...

(OOC:
14:10, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 10 using 2d6+3.  Interact with Malestorm.

Wooo! 10! And I get an xp too!

What happens?)

This message was last edited by the player at 18:12, Mon 23 Oct 2017.