The Ragtime Gal.   Posted by Master of Ceremonies.Group: 0
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 13 posts
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 21:38
The Ragtime Gal
Gentle swing music floats across the dimly lit tent,played from a busted up music system, the music is faded and crackles in and out constantly. Not that any of the patrons seem to mind,Either drunk off their asses, out of their minds on Aqua or perhaps for a few, just enjoying a rest,spending the earnings of whatever they dragged out of The Chalice.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 21:54, Fri 31 Mar 2017.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 16 posts
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 14:39
The Ragtime Gal
The eye is drawn to one of the corners of the tent, partintioned off by sheets of plywood to resemble a booth perhaps. Around a table, either standing or sitting are 8 figures.

One one side is the large figure of Rum, The "mayor" of Ragtown, he overflows off the chair as it sags under his weight, he has a large boyish face with a charming happy go lucky smile, but his small piggy eyes belay a calculative mind behind the pudgy exterior.

Opposite him is a scrawny woman, hands constantly fidgeting, her hair tied up in a purple headscarf as her eyes dart about the room.
The variety of tools hanging off her person,the goggles around her neck and the way her eyes hover briefly over anything of value identifies her as a Strip Ganger, Men and Woman her descend upon the ruins of the old world and strip out anything they think to be of value.

Flanking her is 3 other men and woman in similar garb

On rums left hand side sits Tallow,a pale, skinny,sunken eyed man, his second in command and leader of the "peacekeepers" in Ragtown, he will occasionally lean in and say something into Rums ear.

On his right, arm in arm with Rum sits a stunningly beautiful woman,tattoos snake down her body,a body that moves with perfect grace as she examines the room.
Dusk

A pace or so back stands a man in strange garb, religious iconography emblazoned on his Armour,the meaning lost to time. He observes the room, possibly for threats, with a mesh hood covering his face, the exact position of his gaze is hard to pin down.
The Chaplain

Across the room, perhaps relaxing after a hard days cutting up bodies for Rum or bringing some extra muscle for Chaplain, sits a short woman in a mishmash of scrounged clothes, A single bright eye casts it's gaze over the room .
Clot

Rum leans forward, a cheery smile upon his face as speaks to the woman opposite him
"Come now Rain, What's it going to take to convince you? I've gven you money, I've given you decent beds and decent whores, Hell, I've even given you my water. Yet, you still won't do my a small favour, for a friend in need? I'm not asking you to live in there, just retrieve a few items of worth?"

Rain fiddles with one of the watches on her arm, eyes averted
"It's...dangerous in the Heath Mr..I mean Mayor Rum, It's not just the...butchers or scuttlethings either, the place...messes with your head, you get turned around and then...lost,It's not safe...We've given you all we salvaged, but the heath...We...We won't go there."

Rum smiles again before standing up and speaking apologetically
"Oh...Well if that's the case,I can't ask you to risk your lives in a place such as that...In the mean time, feel free to make use of the many comforts around Ragtown, we're a welcoming community here!"

He stands and turns around, before speaking in a  much lower voice so only Dusk,Chaplain and Tallow can hear, his eyes turn to Dusk " Make them get me those components, one way" His eyes flick to Chaplain and his weapons "or another, our little "arrangement" between us and Spring relies on it"

He strides across the tent and out the flap without another word, Tallow shares a glance with Dusk and Chaplain before following, he catches Clot's eye and holds it for a moment on his way out

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:40, Sat 01 Apr 2017.

The Chaplain
 player, 24 posts
 Gunslinger
 The Chaplain
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 16:45
The Ragtime Gal
The Chaplain doesn't really react to the comments, not really sure why this is his problem.  He looks over towards Clot.  "What's he talking about components and agreement?"
Clot
 player, 27 posts
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 16:55
The Ragtime Gal
Clot couldn't help but smirk a little bit at the notions "Rain" had about going into the Heath. She halfway suspected that it was more accurate to say "new" people didn't go in there, because of the ones already there that nobody seemed to know about. It was only a suspicion mind, there could be any number of problems with going in there not just related to people, but to creatures, radiation, irradiated creatures, irradiated people, old-school military hardware, irradiated old-school military hardware, something the government invariably lied about before the fall, a reason to believe the Illuminati exists, or ever did, and so on.

She dealt a red 9 onto a black 10. "So what if, say for example, I am the kind of person who gets their head messed with every place? Is the place otherwise much of a threat? Are there actual boogey-men there?" Clot then moved one pile over to another pile. Solitaire was so much easier whenever there were naked people on the cards. She was using a woman deck (soft-core, nothing below the waist. ) she'd scrounged back in some place called Tonka, but she swung both ways. Distracting herself with menial mental tasks was a trick she learned to take the focus off of her and make her more difficult to shake up mentally. Just in case, Clot had surreptitiously made sure the chair across from her could easily be kicked in the event she pissed someone off.

Before Rain had answered, Chap filled her in on what it was she didn't hear "Don't know, I didn't hear it, but all this talk about water and Magdalenes, maybe he's got some ideas for a set of working chalices. Heard something about tech from the old days that could purify water what was put in it. Maybe you or Dusk follow while I sit tight with the sister here?"


11:42, Today: Clot rolled 7 using 2d6+2.  Read a Person, +Sharp.
I guess I'll see if "What's your character really feeling" will get some sort of elaboration about why she's acting the way she is.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:07, Sat 01 Apr 2017.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 17 posts
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 17:24
The Ragtime Gal
In reply to Clot (msg # 4):

Rain seems worried,you get the impression she's normally quite twitchy but after her meeting with Mayor Rum she's gone into overdrive.
"It's a hell in the heath, Nothing grows, anything that looks like a plant is blighted or worse, actually trying to kill you, Either I go in there and die or I don't and Mayor Rum sends his guys to have a "Talk" with me..."
She throws back her drink, all the drinks that didn't come from the spring are distilled until you're pretty much drinking pure ethanol, Tastes like shit but does the job...
Dusk
 player, 13 posts
 Harm 0 | XP 0
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 18:41
The Ragtime Gal
Dusk sighs quietly as Rum leaves. Dammit Rum, what do you want me to do, fuck her into going? She nods as Rain describes a variety of unpleasant stuff, then lays a hand on the strip-ganger's. "That all sounds quite nasty, which is why you're going to take him with you", pointing at the Chaplain. "The Chaplain has enough firepower to handle any threat you might find out there, while you're busy fetching those components.

12:39, Today: Dusk rolled 8 using 2d6+2.  Manipulate Rain.
Guess she'll need some concrete assurance, corroboration, or evidence first.

The Chaplain
 player, 25 posts
 Gunslinger
 The Chaplain
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 19:04
The Ragtime Gal
Chap shrugs, "This isn't my sin to work out.  Rum want's me on a new job he can pay my tithe."  He looks closely at Rain. "What do you need to get this job done and what is Rum looking for you to get?"

The Chaplain casually thumbs Judgment as he listens and considers the next steps.


15:00, Today: The Chaplain rolled 10 using 1d10+2 ((8)). (holding three)
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 20 posts
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 19:34
The Ragtime Gal
She twitches and looks over at Chaplain, her eyes flick over your Wraith and Fury and she palms her drink in her hand a bit before speaking

"Just some tech...I don't know the details, A specific type of capacitor and a some kind of filtration system. I just collect stuff for him...I don't ask what he does with it.But I told him to his face I'm not taking my guys into the Heath!" The Alcohol seems to be making her bolder,She looks at Dusk"The heath isn't something you can just shoot either! It's...a pit, where bad things come out of, it's the place where your mamma tells you not to go or the monsters will get you...We don't even know if what we're looking for is even in there or not, It's suicide! You give me a reason why I should trust you to get my guys back out of there with no blight on them and no holes punched through 'em!"
Dusk
 player, 14 posts
 Harm 0 | XP 1
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 20:19
The Ragtime Gal
Dusk shrugs. "Well, like you said. Either you go into the Heath, or Rum kills you here for sure. Your choice I guess." She gets up from the table and heads for the exit.
Clot
 player, 29 posts
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 20:26
The Ragtime Gal
Clot cleared her throat all the while playing cards on top of cards. "Called it!" she muttered to Chap. Aces were all up now so it was just a matter of time. See, thing is, maybe you can't trust us to get your crew back, but the Card said the job was to make you get the components. So I see we got two options. Either we make you like Card said. We'll try for nice, no promises though. The other is we cut out the middleman and get the tech ourselves. You're out both ways. Where I'm sitting, that's just dandy." As she played the final ace, Clot gave an expression like she thought of something else "There is one other thing though... Maybe if you go with us, there's at least the shared risk to compensate for the fact that we can't make any guarantees. See if we also can't guarantee coming back without getting zinged, we're at no special advantage."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 20:27, Sat 01 Apr 2017.

The Chaplain
 player, 28 posts
 Gunslinger
 The Chaplain
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 20:55
The Ragtime Gal
Chap shook his head at Rain.  "Since when, in this world, can you go anywhere and expect not to have a hole put through you or not get the rot."  Chap checked his belts and then strode towards the exit to catch Dusk.  "Clot and Dusk are both right.  Pick your poison and drink it."

Spend one hold to know what’s your character really feeling?
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 23 posts
Sun 2 Apr 2017
at 06:32
The Ragtime Gal
She;s defiantly feeling conflicted, you can see her mulling the idea round in her head.
Just as Chaplain reaches the exit of the tent she hears "Wait!"
She turns to Clot"Maybe...We don't have to go into the heath at all...I heard a rumour there's a old water filtration plant in Yenne...It may be there...it's safer than the Heath at least. If you can get my gang through Yenne to the plant...I'll strip out the componants and give you a cut of the share of anything that isn't the capacitor or filtration system..."
Clot
 player, 31 posts
Sun 2 Apr 2017
at 11:37
The Ragtime Gal
Clot was putting the deck back in her pack when the other's interesting idea struck. "It's certainly intriguing. But aren't capacitors rated to certain levels? How do we know we have the right one? Also, a constant smoking tells me that people are present, and how do we know they won't miss the stuff?" she asked.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:40, Sun 02 Apr 2017.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 24 posts
Sun 2 Apr 2017
at 12:16
The Ragtime Gal
She shifts in her chair "Well, we don't...but the filtration system would be there if it's anywhere...and the smoke is towards the center of the city...we'll just skirt the outside of it..."
She toys with her glass again before throwing the last of it back...

There's a commotion outside before a woman bursts in the door, her hair is patchy in places and she's got several brands and tattoos, some of which mark as one of Tallow's "Peacers"
The makeshift militia that keep the town safe from the odd bandit and whatever the heath spews out.

"Hey Doc! You gotta come quick, it's Rebar, he's been fucked up! Quickly, near the Chalice!"

You recognize her as Whistle or Thistle...Something like that...
She seems scared, she's sweating and her shirt and jacket are covered in blood as well as a darker liquid.
The Chaplain
 player, 29 posts
 Gunslinger
 The Chaplain
Sun 2 Apr 2017
at 13:05
The Ragtime Gal
The Chaplain hand strays near Judgement and then nods to Clot.  Where there's blood there's violence.  "Sounds like you're needed apothecary."  The Chaplain changes direction and looks longingly at Dusk, before stepping outside and heading towards the Chalice.
Clot
 player, 32 posts
Sun 2 Apr 2017
at 14:43
The Ragtime Gal
Clot picked up her pack, a rather large duffel, and slung it across her back so the strap looked almost like a bandoleer across her chest. "Yeah, keep vigil guys, we may be going to Mass." Clot quipped, to reference the fact that if Rebar was followed by whatever cut him up, there were going to be a lot of funerary rites later. She nodded to Rain "We'll talk after. Don't go too far." then she followed Chap.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:43, Sun 02 Apr 2017.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 26 posts
Sun 2 Apr 2017
at 15:55
The Ragtime Gal
In reply to Dusk (msg # 9):

[Yo Dusk, were you going anywhere in particular or just exploring the night?]
Dusk
 player, 15 posts
 Harm 0 | XP 1
Sun 2 Apr 2017
at 20:36
The Ragtime Gal
Guess I'll follow after Rum.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 200 posts
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 18:47
The Ragtime Gal
The Ragtime Gal is surprisingly empty for this time of day,the only sound that can be heard is the grainy tune of a ancient prefall song.

Dusk hums along,slightly sadly, Rage might think,as she places a cup of clear water on the table in front of Rage before taking the seat opposite,crossing one lithe leg over the other.

"So...What brings a tall glass of water like yourself to a dive like this?"She grins.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 78 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 19:07
The Ragtime Gal
"Water...that's a good start. I can try the harder stuff later." He takes up the water, sniffs it-mostly out of habit, and prepares to drink. "I don't need to worry about you, do I?" He asks, smirking. "No offense, but there are a lot of bad people out there." He sighed. "Like me for example..."

He shrugs and proceeds to drink anyways.

OOC:
15:06, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 4 using 2d6+1.  Read a person. Can I trust Dusk? I clearly have no idea...