Ragtown.   Posted by Master of Ceremonies.Group: 0
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 15 posts
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 21:53
Ragtown
The snapping of canvas in the wind is the first thing you notice about Ragtown, followed by the smell of piss and sweat.

During the day people are bustling, hauling and fighting over the rewards of scavenges,only occasionally broken up by the local thugs that work for Rum, The "Mayor" of Ragtown.
Strip teams are calling out there wares, selling scrap and trinkets salvaged from Yenne, to the east, while the hunters offer up questionably edible scraps, gathered from the badlands around and hopefully untouched by the blight.

While shipments of clean water from the Spring are moved about, under the careful and forceful protection of the Wellers.

At night, the sound of music comes from one of the larger tents, "The Ragtime Gal", where people learn to keep there hands to themselves and ears listen and eyes watch.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:30, Sun 09 Apr 2017.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 40 posts
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 21:04
Ragtown
After walking for a time Dusk and Chaplain find themselves at the edge of town, looking up at the rolling landscape in front of them, Yenne is visible in the distance, silhouetted against the setting sun, as is the smoke rising out from it.

The Ink Streams divide the landscape,like rents leading out of the Heath...
In the distance a pack of Marrowmaw's chase down a lone Screecher and tackle it with predictable results,you imagine you can hear the sound of the bones popping despite the distance.

Behind a cloud the shattered moon comes into view, bright and twisted,like a deformed golfball...

The noise of the Ragtime girl seems to have gotten louder as the day draws to a close.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 44 posts
Sat 8 Apr 2017
at 19:20
Ragtown
Behind them a voice calls out to Chaplain and Clot.
It's Rain, she seems a bit more sober than when you last talked.
"Hey! We've pinned down where the water plant is,it's not deep in the city but we'd still like a little muscle going in. We're setting off first thing tomorrow morning,you guys game?"
The Chaplain
 player, 44 posts
 Gunslinger
 The Chaplain
Sat 8 Apr 2017
at 21:10
Ragtown
Chaplain glanced at Clot and shrugged.  "Whats the tithe for me to go?"
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 49 posts
Sat 8 Apr 2017
at 21:27
Ragtown
She shifts her weight onto each foot,before reaching into her jacket and pulling out a couple of water filters and fidgeting with them in her hands.
"You're probably gonna be more for show than anything else...might shoot off a few bonerattlers but that's probably it..."

+1 barter to Clot and Chaplain

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:00, Sat 08 Apr 2017.

Clot
 player, 53 posts
 The Angel
 No Harm
Sun 9 Apr 2017
at 12:11
Ragtown
"Yeah, ok. People are usually not too difficult unless they deliberately put you at a tactical disadvantage. The creatures on the other hand... they can be an issue. There's places even the plants can be an issue. You wanna tell us what to expect between here and there?"


OOC: Also, is foot travel the primary source of travel here?
The Chaplain
 player, 45 posts
 Gunslinger
 The Chaplain
Sun 9 Apr 2017
at 13:33
Ragtown
"That jingle gets us to go along, hell comes lookng for you, then you can expect the sermon will cost you more."
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 52 posts
Sun 9 Apr 2017
at 14:22
Ragtown
"On the way there,probably only Marrowmaws,although they don't normally go after us unless they're desperate or blighted..."

She tuggs at her facescarf and looks flexes her hand nervously.

OOC: I'm going to say they do exist,but to keep one fueled and maintained takes some skill. They're really usefull but something of a drain on resources, scavenging teams and traders use somthing descendent from pack animals.
It's probably a day and and a bit to Yenne,half a day to the Spring and a day and a night to the Heath

Clot
 player, 54 posts
 The Angel
 No Harm
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 12:58
Ragtown
Clot noted the warning that Chap gave Rain--she presumed, encoded for her. She also noted the nervous hand flexes, but decided not to bring it up. If Rain had intended to surprise them by jumping them, Clot figured it would be better not to betray her alertness to the situation. These were all ifs. She decided to make idle talk for a while, maybe inject something from a bygone era of religion into the conversation when she felt the time was right to break for the spring. She knew she'd need to be around halfway to Yenne. At that point, she would mention something about silver, owing to the fact that Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of it. But Clot couldn't directly mention it. She'd need to tie it into something she had a professional obligation to know. For now though, she'd talk about something she didn't have a professional obligation to know.

"I'm a bit of a humanist rather than a naturalist. I see monster I kill it, or at least pepper it with buckshot. What exactly is a Marrowmaw?" the Angel asked.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 54 posts
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 13:55
Ragtown
She looks around for a bit and squints into the distance while patting herself down.

She withdraws a old and scratched set of binoculars before handing them to Clot and gesturing at somthing in the distance.

"Uh...right there,by that outcropping"

You see a group of maybe half a dozen canine like animals bounding across the badlands.

"Not the worst thing out there...most...uh...what's the word...determined I guess?

Hard to get rid of completely, not worth the time really as they don't really bother humans if it looks like you are gonna be to much hassle to bring down...

They bring a animal down and suck the liquid out of the soft shit in the bones...sometimes you see red powder and shit in the badlands...it's like what's left after they got all the water out..."


She coughs and plays with a tassle hanging from her coat.
The Chaplain
 player, 47 posts
 Gunslinger
 The Chaplain
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 15:49
Ragtown
Chap takes the hunting rifle and sites through the scope at the things in the distance and shrugs.  "Purification will come to them in time.  When you are ready to leave come find us.  Come on Clot lets find a place to crash for the night and see what rest we can get.  I think Rum owes us a bed and food anyways."  The Chaplain makes a sign and starts to walk towards Rums tent with the intent of getting some rest.
Clot
 player, 58 posts
 The Angel
 No Harm
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 16:47
Ragtown
Clot tried to give Rain the benefit of the doubt in the situation. At least Rain seemed to have calmed down marginally, but she was still fidgety. To the Angel's mind it could be one of two things--coming down from adrenaline, or anxiety about maleficent intentions. In the past, Clot might have assumed the former, but now it seemed it could go either way.

Something else grabbed at her mind though "I'll be down in a bit Chap, I'm thinking--Rain, do you think the red powder could be collected, filtered out, reconstituted, and catalyzed to make instant blood packets?"
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 59 posts
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 18:23
Ragtown
She stops toying with he jacket as she raises her eyebrows in suprise.

Her tone turns from its usual halting pattern and turns thoughtful.

"Hmm...I've...never considered it...I'm no Angel but it might be possible? If it does then it could be valuable...I'll point them out to you when we're on the move...We'll be setting off at first light tommorow...outside the Ragtime..."

She stands awkwardly for a bit before turning on her heel and going back into the Ragtime Girl.
Clot
 player, 59 posts
 The Angel
 No Harm
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 05:18
Ragtown
On that note, Clot left to her own tent, not having overmuch need to party outside the normal expectations to celebrate some significant event.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 78 posts
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 11:46
Ragtown
Clot and Chaplain arrive in Ragtown's "Town square".
Apart from a few Chalice Divers coming off the night shift,stray dogs and the odd Child begging off the Divers,it's pretty deserted.

Rain and her Strip gang are there. She takes a long drag from a Aqua Inhaler when she spots you before making her way over.

"You two still up for this? We should make it to Yenne in good time if we leave now..."
She toys with the Inhaler, deep blue
liquid can be seen rolling around inside.
You notice for the first time her teeth are also stained a light tinge of blue.
The Chaplain
 player, 54 posts
 Gunslinger
 The Chaplain
Tue 2 May 2017
at 11:15
Ragtown
Chap checks the round in Wrath and looks over the collection of people in the gang and appraises each one wondering which will come back.  He sniffs the wind and then puts up his hood before nodding to Rain.  "Alright lets do this then."
Clot
 player, 72 posts
 The Angel
 No Harm
Tue 2 May 2017
at 15:44
Ragtown
Clot had wasted no time getting around since everything but her clothes was packed away in the duffel anyway. Clot couldn't help but remember Dusk's half warning about foul play in The Chalice, and wondered if it had anything to do with Rain. Her eyes flickered to the woman in acknowledgment of the question. "Yeah, I guess so."


Would my medical expertise give me any clue about the inhaler and all the blue?
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 79 posts
Tue 2 May 2017
at 18:04
Ragtown
She nods and tucks the Inhaler inside her wind breaker.
Aqua,when the droughts get really bad,when your lips are cracked and your mouth is dryer than the sun beaten wastes,some times you just need to take the edge off. It's not water but it'll quench the thirst.
For a while.
For a bit.

She makes a hand motion and you set off east,towards the toppled spires of Yenne.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 111 posts
Sat 27 May 2017
at 11:05
Ragtown
Rage,The Sheriff and the whole caravan parry are met with pandemonium as they pull into Ragtown.

While normally busy,Ragtown maintains a peaceful demeanour, in no small part thanks to Tallow's "no bullshit" policy.

Ragtown was currently not peacefull.

A ragtag crowd of Dredgers were shouting and jeering outside a large tent in the centre of town. A small group armed with pipes and crowbars are holding them back and so far apart from the odd thrown bottle nothing has happened so far
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 20 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Sat 27 May 2017
at 17:13
Ragtown
Rage pulls out his rifle, as he did not view the situation so bad as to require the grenade launcher. He had it ready just in case. Instead he moved to approach the mob, keeping his distance in case the decided to turn on him. He looked back at the sheriff and his boys to see what they wanted to do.

Ooc-13:14, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 9 using 2d6+1.  read a situation. Marks xp. Question-what is going on here?

This message was last edited by the player at 17:15, Sat 27 May 2017.

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 112 posts
Tue 30 May 2017
at 11:37
Ragtown
Rage surveys the scene.
He recognises many of the mob to be Dredgers, the scavengers who scour the bottom of the Poisoned Chalice for treasure and salvage.

Many of them are more scared than anything else but there are a few that Ezekiel picks out as ringleaders who are stirring the crowd up.

"Rum,get out here you son of a bitch!"
"He sent his dog after our own,are we gonna stand for that?"

A bottle of some foulsmelling liquid gets thrown against Rum's tent followed by bricks.

One strikes one of the peacekeepers in the head and he sprawls back into another.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 21 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 30 May 2017
at 12:41
Ragtown
Zek turns to the sheriff, and nods at the crowd. "That's my job in there. You and your boys wanna back me up on this one? Just hang back at let me holler at them first-and when I give the signal you and your boys roll in and scare the hell out of them. With any luck, we won't need to hurt anyone."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:41, Tue 30 May 2017.

The Sheriff
 player, 17 posts
Tue 30 May 2017
at 16:34
Ragtown
Sheriff takes the unlit cigar he was chewing on from his mouth and places it in a pocket, "Yeah, sounds like a plan. We'll do some circles and fire a few in the air. If things get out of hand we'll dive in."

He turns and walks back to Buzz, "Buzz, get the boys mounted up. When Zek gives the signal were going to get in there and put on a show. Nobody shoots at someone until I do, but they can put a few in the air for intimidation." Sheriff hops on his bike and pulls his SMG from its holster and guns the engine to life.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 22 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 30 May 2017
at 17:20
Ragtown
Zek nods, and heads down into the crowd. Once he is directly behind the, he shoots in the air to get everyone's attention. "HEY!" He says as they turn around. "I got business with this man!" He points at the store where the target of their Ire is. "Now, you can tell me what the problem is-and then get the fuck out of my way so I can see what can be done...or me and my friends move you!" He gestures at Sheriff and his boys to put on the show they had agreed to.

(OOC-Rolling go Aggro. May get a bonus thanks to the other player, or he may roll on our HX in order to give me bonus. Marking xp.

13:21, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 9 using 2d6+3.  Go aggro on crowd.

Possible +1 or more from Sheriff will bump me to a 10.)

This message was last edited by the player at 17:22, Tue 30 May 2017.

The Sheriff
 player, 21 posts
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 12:29
Ragtown
On cue Sheriff leads the charge firing his SMG into the air and revving the engine on Raptor loudly.

08:28, Today: The Sheriff rolled 6 using 2d6+1 ((2,3)).

Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 117 posts
Sun 4 Jun 2017
at 11:44
Ragtown
A bottle whizzes through the air,past The Sheriff's ear before hitting one  of his Deputies.

The deputy sways on his bike but stays on,a trickle of blood running down from his forehead.

The crowd turns as the bikes plow into them.

Most have the good sense to get out the way,some stay and fight and a few more projectiles fly dangerously close to Rage and The Sheriff,some unfortunate people get trapped between Rum's shield wall and the Sheriff's men.

It's over quickly,the dredgers are scattered,beaten and cowed.