Rum's Tent.   Posted by Master of Ceremonies.Group: 0
Momo
 player, 86 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 08:06
Re: Rum's Tent
Momo paws at his eyes, the glass of the mask becoming smudged by his grubby fingers.

Upon hearing the howl a chill runs down his back -while at the same time- he feels his stomach turn over in hunger. He stands perplexed by the mix of emotions. He rubs his mask again, a bead of either saliva or sweat working its way from the mask's outlet.

He turns his body towards the town of rags and sets off in search of Bast.
Bast
 player, 91 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 12:13
Re: Rum's Tent
Bar's head came up as she heard the howl. Nodding to the others, she set off after Momo. Soon enough she heaved a sigh of relief as she saw him coming towards her.

"Mr Momo" she said as they met. "Wolves."
Momo
 player, 87 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 00:00
Re: Rum's Tent
"Mmmmm...", Momo grumbles. He stares at Bast for a moment then looks behind him. "I'm hungry.", he states expectantly.
Bast
 player, 92 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 21:45
Re: Rum's Tent
Did he mean to eat Wolves? Could you even do that? Be nice. Still, Bast knew a much easier source of food, and she owed Momo one. She had plenty had plenty of jingle from her earlier looting, and she led him off to the stew tent, getting a giant-sized stew and bread for each of them.

Scraping the bowl with the heel of her bread, she sighed satisfaction at the unaccustomed replete sensation. She would have to go soon, sort out whatever was happening at home, but for the moment she was content to just sit and digest.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 181 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 22:24
Re: Rum's Tent
One of Tallow's men sidles up to Bast as she finishes her soup.

He smirks and says in a low tone as he glances at Momo off to one side.
"You might need somthing...larger if you want to keep him fed..."
Momo
 player, 88 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 22:27
Re: Rum's Tent
Momo sat down staring at the bowl for a while. He glanced around before returning to stare at the dish, after which he picked it up and poured it straight into mask's valve, keeping the rubber flap open with his other hand. Various sloshing and gurgling noises make their way out from the leather and his throat opens and closes.

He sets the empty bowl down agitatedly, clearly unsatisfied.

Momo lets out a low growl to mimic the pains of his stomach.

"Need real food...", he mutters.
Bast
 player, 93 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 22:44
Re: Rum's Tent
"What does he normally eat" Bast replied. The giant stew was more than she normally ate in a couple of days, and the way Momo demolished it did not bode well.
Momo
 player, 89 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 01:53
Re: Rum's Tent
Momo stood anxiously for a moment. "You kill Rum. What happens to town?"
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 182 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 16:33
Re: Rum's Tent
"Check round the back of that shack of his" He stands and brushes long greasy hair back. "Be seeing you Child" He grins and strides away.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:33, Sat 12 Aug 2017.

Bast
 player, 94 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 18:52
Re: Rum's Tent
"Hollow is Holder now. Or maybe Zeke." Bast shrugged. "Either will do."

She took Momo's hand one hers, nearly lost in that giant paw. "Come on then, let us get you some proper food" she urged, leading him off.

To Momo's Den.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 185 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 18:28
Re: Rum's Tent
In reply to Ezekiel Rage (msg # 92):

Rage looks Tallow over,his face is as impassive as ever but Rage gets the impression that while he's not lying. If the components are still there he might be able to salvage this shit storm.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 69 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 21:24
Re: Rum's Tent
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 104):

"Ok, so you seem like you got your shit together. Assuming I do this task for you, I can trust you can meet my employer's needs and I can deliver said requirements to him? After I do your task of course, because I sorta gotta in any case. So, basically I am asking if you can be the new holder here, and keep up the trade deals?" Zek points out.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 187 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 22:29
Re: Rum's Tent
"Rum met the trade deals and look where it got him"Tallow says,a chill entering his voice for the first time.

It vanishes as quickly as it came as he stares off into the badlands.
The tainted streams cutting jagged scratches down the landscape.
"We don't have the parts Harridan wants and with Rum gone I'm not sure Ragtown is going to be able to hold itself together,let alone keep up any kind of trade"
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 70 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 18:52
Re: Rum's Tent
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 106):

"I am going to look into your problem-and possibly get the parts my employers need. What the people here need is a leader not in love with his own damn comforts. Having a group of armed men to back you up would help as well." He gestures to Tallow's warriors.

"What's the alternative? Scavenging and hope the land provides?" Rage pointed out.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 188 posts
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 20:08
Re: Rum's Tent
Tallow moves his shoulders in what might generously be called a shrug.

"Works for the Strip gangs and the Mouthmen,Why should I tie me and my men to a carcass?"
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 71 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 14:19
Re: Rum's Tent
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 108):

"Seems like a better deal here when its under your control. Rather than having to do someone else's dirty work." Zek pointed out. "Ether way its no skin off my nose. I might as well get on to that job you wanted me to do. Anything else you can tell me about it?"
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 190 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 20:37
Re: Rum's Tent
"They were travelling with two hired guns. The preacher and Clot...You may have heard of them...suffice to say both of them were seasoned and the caravan itself wasn't green either..."
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 73 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 21:40
Re: Rum's Tent
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 110):

"Hmmm." Zek said, rubbing his chin. "Well, I have backup. Maybe that will be enough. See you when I see you." He nods his head at Tallow, and heads out side to talk to Sheriff.

"Sheriff, your boys got another ride left in them?" He asked. "Looks like we still have to hunt for our payday." As he waits for the man's response, he follows Rum's blood trail with his eyes. Looking to find where Momo and Bast most likely are...
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 195 posts
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 17:50
Re: Rum's Tent
Rage sees them leave a a large tent that smells like a cookhouse. Roasting spindle legs and meat broth wafts over to Rage and The Sheriff. The dimunitive Bast leads the huge Momo up towards the outskirts of town.

Rage notices a man standing on the other side of the street watch them go before checking a battered and cracked watch and following them.

He takes a few steps,his paces brisk and a little erratic before he stops and jerks his head back,locking eyes with Rage. The gaze lingers just shy of being uncomfortable before he strides away briskly.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:53, Sat 19 Aug 2017.

Ezekiel Rage
 player, 75 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 00:01
Re: Rum's Tent
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 112):

Zek's eyes narrow as he meets the stranger's gaze. He then watches the man go, wishing he could figure out if that meant anything important or not. Cracking the guys skull open would not be helpful, and rude at the very least.

What Zek dud not expect was his own brain trying to accommodate him and failing...

Ooc:
19:53, Today: Ezekiel Rage rolled 6 using 2d6+2.  reach out with his brain.


The Sheriff
 player, 43 posts
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 12:30
Re: Rum's Tent
Sheriff scans his crew, "Yeah, I think we're good to go. Not sure how much Whip can add with that nasty cut, but the rest of us are hungry for some rewards."

He whistles and makes the form up motion with his hand in the air.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 197 posts
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 07:27
Re: Rum's Tent
Rage hears a deafening roar,after a few seconds he realises it's coming from his own brain.

A second later it's gone...

It doesn't look like anyone but you heard it.
"Hey...You okay?"
Rage turns to find a stunningly beautiful woman staring at him,concern in her eyes.
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 76 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 15:52
Re: Rum's Tent
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 115):

"Ummm...no?" Zek said, staggering to his feet. What the hell just happened. It felt like his brain had tried to leak out of his ears. He stared at the woman, blinking. It had been a long time since he looked at a woman's features. Mostly because everybody out here was covered up...or dead.

Only Emily really caught his eye back then anyways...he thought, and quickly ended the recollection. DON'T. He admonished himself. The past was a trap that could kill you if you gazed too long at it. There was enough pain in the present. He was Ezekiel Rage now-the man he had been, with another name, died with his family. End of story.

At least, that's what he kept telling himself.

"Who...who are you?" He asked the woman, steadying himself.
Master of Ceremonies
 GM, 198 posts
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 18:41
Re: Rum's Tent
She gives a winning smile as you regain your feet."I'm Dusk...Resident singer at the Ragtime girl some days and amateur investigator for Rum other days..."

She grimaces and shrugs"Or at least I was before he got himself killed"

She smiles again and gently puts an arm around Rage to support him"Come on,I've got some water in the 'Gal,it's probably pretty warm and I'll make no apologies for the taste but it's clean and you can drink it!"
Ezekiel Rage
 player, 77 posts
 As the name says...
 ...real pissed off.
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 18:56
Re: Rum's Tent
In reply to Master of Ceremonies (msg # 117):

Zek steadies himself, trying not to lean on her too much. However, he does not push her away ether. "Yeah-yeah sure. Sounds great..." He figured he could catch up with Bast and Momo later. He glanced over at Sheriff. "I...I will be right back." He attempted to walk, but his knees felt like they where made of jello. Not that he had seen any jello in quite some time. "Name's...Zek." He managed to mutter.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:57, Wed 23 Aug 2017.