Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]   Posted by Rio de Janeiro!.Group: 0
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 56 posts
 None; -0 I; HP 3
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Fri 12 May 2017
at 20:52
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
There wasn't much that Yoxiu pause to think. But she was hyper-intelligent, not heartless. A frown crossed her lips quickly as the ape explained his situation. But a hostile, technologically advanced power in Central Africa? There wasn't a government that could resist them if they started a war. Especially a war of racial supremacy. And a despot was a despot, no matter their species.

She had to at least investigate.

[Language unknown:  "To mi acreer encie ck omeri on not ienc. O arnolo esckos un wieve iv omou. Di Ek misang dierac rat nobut, ti prfo to miouon witithantcomich inith. E ant nce ce eion fiai one, k evnde ce onelinughtha u ie?"]
Solovar
 Force of Mind, 5 posts
Sun 14 May 2017
at 06:37
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Solovar straighted slightly, encouraged.

[Language unknown:  "Me whrost M ratthosta. No ul ndeainnte fofi ineforint wh traicathiith u ear tiomenprehas."]

Then he sniffed the air.


<Aqua>[[OOC: Perception Checks]]</Aqua>
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 60 posts
 None; -0 I; HP 3
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Sun 14 May 2017
at 12:50
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
OOC: Not the best roll:
08:39, Today: Yoxiu rolled 14 using 1d20+9.  Perception.


[Language unknown:  "N omarun stiwerallthe ardtr ei ardoneandall. Ec antli p ndeai u sheos anyineove. Io evle tho thaantwhe thchho, k oer yinomeles al ek p i... Us Ntihisect'houion tedrutmenwilyin?"] Yoxiu smiled softly, as one of the orbs started to put in a call to Galeao International.

[Language unknown:  "Foadfo. Meniouthi mechun po. Alec o fornceest ersto wer..."] she looked to Solovar,[Language unknown:   "Eralwa unlo linenclar prbeac foet?"] Once the plan was in place, she had a car sent to pick them up. Just one of the perks of private flight.
Solovar
 Force of Mind, 6 posts
Tue 16 May 2017
at 03:26
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
[Language unknown:  "Sonmanandwil, once ec m voral ichal tr iouiv foom ith atiingwhe."]

He looked around. For a moment they were both silent and completely aware of every noise and sound in the trees surrounding the path.

Then Solovar relaxed. THe tension released. He turned to speak.

And a fusillade of metal bolts flew from the foliage!

Two foot-long darts pierced Solovar's broad chest and the gorilla roared loudly in pain. He stumbled and took a knee.

Another flight of bolts knocked out one Rai Shi before they could react, and winged another two.

From the jungle-like foliage came four hulking shapes, dressed in dark brown metal armor with mechanized devices on their forearms and crackling rods in their hands.

[[OOC: Four Gorilla Assassins get a surprise round, wherein you all are Vulnerable. The first two Attack each of you with Multi-Attack and get only a single hit on Solovar. Solovar fails by 2 degrees against Damage and is Injured and Stunned. He also fails against a linked effect and is Stunned, not that it matters at this point.

Gorillas miss you.

The other two team check to try and hit your swarm, and after a series of stupid rolls, I give them a hit, so Take a Hero Point for the fiat. I rolled Rai Shi toughness and the Swarm takes One Injury and a Stun.
Please roll initiative, and if you get higher than 17, go first.Status: Solovar 1In, Stunned; Gorilla Assassin x4 Normal; Dai Yi Normal, +1HP; Rai Shi 1In, Stunned]]

Yoxiu
 Terrific, 61 posts
 None; -0 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Wed 17 May 2017
at 01:49
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
[OOC: Ohnoes! Gorilla Assassins! Who could have possibly seen this coming to pass? WHO?!

Also, Solovar is a wuss. What a wuss, gorilla.]


Yoxiu turned on her toe as one of the orbs orbiting overhead burst, throwing sparks as it hit the pavement. She pulled a slim black baton from her jacket. A press of a button and the ends shot out. From under a foot to well past five in an instant. Yoxiu sprinted forward, toward the armed gorillas. The butt end of her staff planted into the ground. She vaulted up, planting her feet firmly on the chests of one of the charging apes.

[OOC: Let's lead off with some basic attacking! Close Combat, Staff.
21:47, Today: Yoxiu rolled 18 using 1d20+10 ((8)).

If that hits, it's DC 21 on the Toughness check. I really need those Rai Shi working to deal with... Murder. Ape murder.]

Gorilla Assassin
 Ape Killer, 1 post
Fri 19 May 2017
at 08:36
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
The attack caught the slab of muscle and hair off-guard, and the air exploded from his lungs in a wheezing bellow. She felt something tear, or maybe crack, beneath her feet. The ape crashed to the ground, groaning.

The nearest assassin to her swung his baton, crackling with energy, and caught her in the rib. The impact was accompanied by a jolt of electricity that threatened to make her seize up. The other assassins moved towards her companion and began gathering him up.

[[OOC: Assassin 2 hits with his shock-stick. DC 21 Toughness, then a DC 16 Fortitude or be Dazed,Stunned,Incapacitated. Your turn and your Rai Shi.]]
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 62 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Sat 20 May 2017
at 22:23
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
[OOC: 17:04, Today: Yoxiu rolled 18 using 1d20+10.  Toughness!

So, that's a zap. How do I do against the further zaps is the question.

17:09, Today: Yoxiu rolled 21 using 1d20+10.  Fortitude!

Yoxiu gets to keep going and punch. More. Monkeys!]


The blow landed in Yoxiu's side, but her staff came up. As the blue-white bolts of electricity coiled up the baton's length her staff hit the gorilla's wrist. Forcing the baton away before it's full payload could discharge into her. Still standing on the fallen gorilla's chest Yoxiu twisted and planted her staff into the gorilla's chest.

All around them, though, the Rai Shi orbs were lowering themselves. Each one a little ball of defensive measures and trouble for the apes. One releasing a low, throbbing pulse of sound to send the gorillas to their knees.

[OOC: 17:22, Today: Yoxiu rolled 13 using 1d20+10.  Close Combat. So that's probably a miss. Good for that gorilla.

The other two (and Solovar, sorry buddy) are getting a blast from the Suppression Wave]

Gorilla Assassin
 Ape Killer, 2 posts
Tue 23 May 2017
at 04:48
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Yoxiu's staff-strike glanced off the Gorilla's enormous chest, and he returned fire by throwing his hand towards Yoxiu's throat and catching her in his grasp.

Across the intersection, the Rai Shi's pulse caused both assassins to grasp their heads and howl. One fell down, moaning weakly, and the other swatted at the orb and missed.

[ooc: One assassin has Grabbed you. Make a resistance check against DC 22 using the better of Strength or Dodge. One degree of failure leaves you Restrained, two or more leaves you bound]
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 65 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Tue 23 May 2017
at 15:42
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
[OOC: 11:14, Today: Yoxiu rolled 30 using 1d20+11.  Dodge!

Whew! Take that, Gorilla!]


The gorilla's meaty hand closes around air as Yoxiu leans back. Her staff plants in the pavement behind her to let her arch backward far enough to evade the creature's long arm. The motion continues, both hands grabbing her staff. She leaps from the ground, readying to drive a kick into the assassin's chin as she flips back.

The Rai Shi lifts in its orbit after buzzing away from the swiping hand. Lifting off to use its superior mobility, while still creating the ear-shaking pulse of bass noise.

[OOC: Close attack:
11:41, Today: Yoxiu rolled 16 using 1d20+10.  Close Combat!

And the Rai Shi is going to keep up the Affliction effect while lifting off to be at an altitude the gorilla can't easily swat.]

Gorilla Assassin
 Ape Killer, 3 posts
 P5 D5 F6 T6 W6
 Oo Ee Oo Ah Ah
Fri 26 May 2017
at 08:31
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Yoxiu's foot connected hard on the gorilla's throat and she heard another pop! as the assailant went down grasping at its throat. Across the way, the last assassin dropped under the drone of the Rai Shi Suppression Wave.

The orbs went passive automatically, and a steady quiet settled, broken only by the pained shuffling and grunts of the four gorillas. And Solovar. So five Gorillas.

Stepping over to Solovar, she noted that while the others were groaning or knocked out, Solovar seemed frozen, tensed, his muscles clenched. The barbs from the gorillas' wrist crossbows still stuck from his chest.


[OOC: That's the last of them. Solovar is Paralyzed. He'll need a DC 16 Treatment check to bring him round before the others recover.]
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 66 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Fri 26 May 2017
at 13:35
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
[OOC: What's that? An Intellect-based roll? Yes, I will have the successes, thankyou.

09:18, Today: Yoxiu rolled 27 using 1d20+14.  Treatment.]


As the orbs returned to cluster by her Yoxiu kneeled over the white gorilla's still body. It took a little strength to remove one of the barbed darts, lifting it to her nose. A numb tingle spread around her nostrils as the remnants of the chemical substance hit the membrane. "I'm not a world expert on ape biology, but ... Synthesize me a gorilla-sized dose of edrophonium," the orbs didn't need the verbal command, but thinking aloud was sometimes helpful.

One of the orbs lowered itself. A beam of energy destroying one end of the needle to coat te tip again in the chemical Yoxiu had called for. She jabbed it again into the wound, without many other excellent injection options.

[OOC: Wikipedia reveals that edrophonium is a commonly used anti-paralytic used for treating snake venom and other animal-based paralyzing agents. Just a bit of flavors.]
Solovar
 Force of Mind, 7 posts
Mon 29 May 2017
at 18:33
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Solovar's eyes fluttered rapidly and he shivered as sensation returned to his body. He groaned raggedly and rolled to his hands and feet. Looking around at the incapacitated assassins, he frowned.

[Language unknown:  "Ic mastti and wheai praliv pr. Thone ich art enesad. U miera saun me nteovewilven wilint?"]
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 67 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Tue 30 May 2017
at 11:24
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
[Language unknown:  "P een p ate. Dias nesi, avearewer lat en ur eehe. Ingno ma io ectr,"] Yoxiu said, pressing the orb near them into Solovar's hand. She scooped the broken parts of the fallen orb from her hand, and then grabbed hold of another. Letting them lift her up, and start their path overhead toward the airport.
Solovar
 Force of Mind, 8 posts
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 23:06
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Dai Yi was pretty sure some of the twinkling lights below them were flashbulbs, and that she might make the news the next day. She wondered if it would be OLYMPIAN STEALS APE or something more flowery.

But finally they arrived at the nearest airport, among the throng of people leaving or arriving in Rio de Janiero
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 68 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 18:25
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
[Language unknown:  "Hasll strillthu is. Elers butatiear oun... Omom he ng cesi,"] Yoxiu said, looking over the crowd. It would have to be- she didn't have any other means of getting out of the country. And she didn't want to be hanging out in Rio any longer than she had to. Gorilla attacks weren't something she wanted to be dealing with regularly.
Solovar
 Force of Mind, 9 posts
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 22:49
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Solovar's response was a grunt. The crowd was thick and their attention drawn by the massive gorilla. Dai Yi could feel everyone's eyes on her, on Solovar, on her mask and on the Rai Shi.

She received a cellphone call from her private plane that was rerouted to her mask's communicator. The pilot told her there was some sort of commotion at the terminal. Escaped zoo animal, maybe, he said.
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 69 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Tue 6 Jun 2017
at 11:12
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Without many other choices, Yoxiu walked through the airport with the gorilla a few steps behind her. Heading toward the gate where her private jet was ready to board.

"Do I have a surprise for you," she said to her pilot.
Editor
 GM, 123 posts
Thu 8 Jun 2017
at 06:53
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Her pilot swore heavily in Mandarin for a few moments as Dai Yi's companion joined them by the runway.

"Sorry Ms. Dai. Surprised. We're all fueled and ready. Do you or your... guest have any luggage?"
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 70 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Thu 8 Jun 2017
at 20:12
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
"No. We're just in a hurry. Solovar, this is Captain Ling. Ling, Solovar. We'll be traveling together this evening. Please make preparations to take off as soon as possible," Dai Yi says, guiding the ape onto the tight fit of the compact, slim jet. "Make yourself at home."
Editor
 GM, 128 posts
Tue 13 Jun 2017
at 22:10
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
The pilot awkwardly saluted Solovar and seemed very confused when the ape returned the gesture. Everyone boarded the plane, Solovar lumbering down the aisle with surprising deftness for his size, and within minutes they were in the air.

The flight was long, but not overly tedious to Dai Yi, accustomed to jet-setting as she was.

Before the next day had ended she was touching down in Mbandaka. The journey through that airport was tense but uneventful, with the arranged escort getting them to the riverside in short order. A boat was hired, and they began their course downriver, into the valley of the jungles.

Their crew was curious but silent on the topic, at least within earshot of Yoxiu. The captain did require that Solovar be with Dai Yi at all times or be caged for the duration. For his part, Solovar spent his time quietly watching the jungle. At one point in their journey, the howling of chimpanzees was heard, and Solovar almost crushed the gunnel he was beside at the moment in his tense grip.

They were a few minutes out from their point of disembarking now, in the early hours of the morning.
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 75 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Sat 17 Jun 2017
at 02:11
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Through out the trip, Yoxiu barely slept. Occupying herself, instead, with reading up on the region of Africa they were traveling to, learning what she could of any spoken language Solovar had, interviewing the ape about his people's history and story. She even discovered time, during the interview, to teach Solovar chess.

As they drew on their landing site, Yoxiu sent some of her spheres ahead. Scouting the area, preparing it for their arrival. [Language unknown:  "Io lestheany a ortcomfor? Cehewi Tin eeof llsillceme hisicaany haoful ho ie ie."]
Editor
 GM, 140 posts
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 04:40
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Solovar took to chess quite easily, and if Dai Yi hadn't been the smartest person on Earth, he probably would have beaten her more than once. Once, when asked if he was telepathically reading her mind to aid his play, his response was a broad grin and "Not anymore."

Then they were docked, and disembarking. The boat left them. Yoxiu asked her question.

[Language unknown: "Ntse k Wh, olur e wh om tiothoblenti. P linthutiosom ininpo i ca atwh, menfi comforpro t Temaus. St ave heiell iofiun Enpaai Ce, ncre ilpe ck stastanteest ma stilatrut, Na modi eaustiher icho di limen. Ek wer oerse us te ouningent ee terar tereenwas, acst Allentive oune el thtaof erlaar a allut Of k on. U ruttioati un t evma t waeve i rinti re was, En aies. Us ni red p notil, Ie la ca caar e ugh wermo lindinart, aistit eres m eenughoerdayrut Prerin adpale whnt iouaveven atewitratwitles io oerdi and u siec etdi iouforint eartedwitson re estoouee."]
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 77 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 01:17
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Around them, Rai Shi hover in the air. With a thought they break off in a dozen different direction. Whirling through the thick jungle surrounding them, scanning the area for heat signatures and other signs of life. Or signs of an ambush. That seemed all too likely, if this Grodd was even the least bit suspicious of their activities.

[Language unknown:  "N llti usmo bleainlin Iveestare ro ratanttic tha? Ce setck nghiriti t thiconles enttedomeera rutbleain preundbut latcomastter, p eiwa ouriad ncrewi i sswa? Ie osnt ngout onmoss thoeauder p waen mohi no n, Ut lepe N tiolarort bees-weio om ha. Witdinesswereau pounul ou proncered terureess as e heosofsa le ckchplul."]
Solovar
 Force of Mind, 10 posts
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 22:26
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
Solovar grunted as he ambled through the foliage.

[Language unknown:  "Ncre wilearthe nc ntweli red terastore anit proconnte onleatio. Us thioneent he ng oeringterfor whetintinoul i yinomeing Riofri, yinithave enni eveerahis. Ortwhi-entectstr ratthiure'ourhat anyall-butlining ardatiour evho tioearvenent ionousine, ted ionhatiou thbeti st fore elekil n oreredoer. Ul T nthami te mich nt rewh ribeth, eau setateera sema u sisile oniv thetheman p m ardthuainverall tio urearesomsta inadpe. P ivvir icour, romi a sti wi eeadni e m aianutus a notwherat ntiestonsson meutou."]

As he finished, the image of Gorilla city entered Yoxiu's mind's eye. Solovar's images were soft, almost like an impressionist painting, and seemed to jump about from location to location. Yoxiu's eidetic memory allowed her to construct a sort of composite, but the images were a little scattered.
Yoxiu
 Terrific, 78 posts
 None; -1 I; HP 4
 P11 D11 F10 W10 T10/8
Mon 3 Jul 2017
at 13:02
Terrific![IC - Yoxiu]
(OOC: I can't really think of any other planning to do here. Yoxiu is just going to follow Solovar to his contacts. Sorry, can't think of a good way to convey that narratively.)