Lost to Time - Prelude.   Posted by The Force.Group: 0
The Force
 GM, 29 posts
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 02:44
Lost to Time - Prelude
The deteriorating ship rocked violently once more as another section explosively decompressed.  Only a few bulkheads, which were failing rapidly, one after the other, all over the dead hulk, stood between the vacuum of space and a stale atmosphere.

Another broken bulkhead, which had closed at the most inopportune time, also stood between the party and the largest single block of frozen, spin-sealed Tibanna gas they had ever seen.  Through a pair of bulkheads and an airlock behind them was their ship.  Just beyond the nearly closed bulkhead in front of them was a large payday--if they could get the bulkhead open before the compartment was vented into space.


OOC:  You are all aboard an old derelict and your ship is docked nearby.  If you don't make it back to her before the compartment is exposed to space, you're in trouble.  Hopefully you can bring the gas frozen in carbonite with you.

Mechanics to open the bulkhead is 2D,1S.  Computers to open it is 3D,1S due to lack of sufficient power.  Athletics to force it would be 4D,1S.  All tests have a setback on them due to the near constant depressurization of compartments.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 02:45, Wed 26 Apr 2017.

Rynoth
 player, 8 posts
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 03:51
Lost to Time - Prelude
  Rynoth muttered under his breath, the sound lost beneath the layers of his breather mask and amidst the rumbling of the disintegrating ship. He was not in his element here, and he didn't think much of their chances of forcing open the bulkhead, which meant that their goal (and possibly their survival) now rested on Binko's technological know-how.

  It wouldn't do any good to have the rest of them standing around in the meantime, though.

  He glanced at the others, his features obscured by the mask but his voice now raised enough to be heard clearly over the din. "Snark, help Binko with the controls. Anders, you and me on the bulkhead, just in case?" It was a suggestion rather than an order, but the urgency of their situation didn't leave room for niceties.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:09, Wed 26 Apr 2017.

Binko
 player, 9 posts
 Technician
 Outlaw Tech
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 08:36
Lost to Time - Prelude
"Ra'ti!" the Jawa exclaimed discouragingly, a rather foul curse, as it rushed for the bulkhead. They were so close to treasure! So close! He wanted that gas, and he would get it, nothing would stand between them. Garbled giberrish and squeals accompanied by his characteristic arm-flailing as he sent whoever would help him to do assistance, while he took out the neccesary tools he would need to open the door.

18:51, Today: Binko rolled no successes, 1 advantage using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 2A 2P 2D 1S.  Mechanics (Opening bulkhead).

"Nekkel juuvar obwegadada!" the Jawa curses. The tools helps him try to get the bulkhead open only slightly, not enough for anyone to climb through though.

Can the Advantage be to give a Boost to whoever tries to pry it open?

This message was last edited by the player at 16:53, Wed 26 Apr 2017.

Ander Vance
 player, 6 posts
 Explorer/Archaeologist
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 15:56
Lost to Time - Prelude
Ander moves to help Rynoth with the bulkhead if necessary, looking around the compartment for anything to use as a pry bar "Anyone happen to have a good stout pry bar handy?"
Rynoth
 player, 11 posts
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 17:34
Lost to Time - Prelude
  Binko's efforts had shifted the bulkhead only slightly, but in the process he'd disengaged the seal and clamps. It still wasn't going to be easy, but just maybe...

  He stepped up to the now cracked-open corner, braced himself, and began to heave (growling with exertion all the while) as Ander worked on it further down. The thing was stubborn and held fast for an agonizingly long moment - then suddenly shuddered and shifted as the loosened fastenings gave way completely.

  17:25, Today: Rynoth rolled 1 success, 1 threat using the Star Wars Edge of the Empire with a dice pool of 1P 2A 2B 4D 1S.

  Taking 1 strain for the threat seems fitting?
The Force
 GM, 32 posts
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 21:18
Lost to Time - Prelude
The damaged bulkhead flew open, nearly sending Rynoth and Ander crashing to the deck.  The massive block of carbonite hovered nearly motionless on a repulsorlift in the adjoining chamber.

Another violent explosion reverberated through the deck plating kicking everyone closer to the nearby window as the ship tumbles even faster out of control.


Sure, a strain seems appropriate given the situation.
Binko
 player, 13 posts
 Technician
 Outlaw Tech
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 21:25
Lost to Time - Prelude
"Waahh!" Binko shrieks, as the bulkhead and explosion occurs. As a Jawa, Binko was neither a big or heavy creature, and even a slight shake of the ship almost knocked him off his feet. But for now he remained standing, and started sprinting ahead - the others would catch up easily.
Snark Gluntik
 player, 5 posts
 Smuggler - Gambler
 W: 00/12, S: 00/13
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 00:21
Lost to Time - Prelude
Snark rushed through with Binko, close on the jawa's heels.  The block stood there, ready to be won.  The reward justifying the risks they had taken.  "Time to collect the pot!  Back to the ship, now!"  he punched the repulsor controls lessening the drag as much as possible and pushed the block out of the room towards the airlock.
Rynoth
 player, 13 posts
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 02:28
Lost to Time - Prelude
  Rynoth scrambled to his feet, slightly favoring one arm which was all pins and needles from the impact, but rather than heading back toward the ship he moved to meet the repulsorlift so that he could help to hurry it along. They weren't clear yet and wouldn't be until their ship was, and in the meantime every second taken risked being vented or being cut off by another structural fault or bulkhead closure.
The Force
 GM, 33 posts
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 16:33
Lost to Time - Prelude
The block glided along effortlessly past the damaged bulkhead.

Another jolt rocked the ship as a garbled alarm with a badly distorted message sounded over the comm system, +War- [static] -itical [static]+  Instantly, the already dim yellow lighting was replaced with crimson as emergency lighting flickered on--and off--and on.

As everyone rushed toward the airlock their feet began to leave the deck.  Gravity had failed along with, apparently, every other system on this long lost hunk of metal that used to be a spaceship.

An incredibly loud bang rattled the hull.  The wall to their right smacked into the group as the vessel tumbled even faster out of control.  Cracks spider webbed across the window as the large carbonite block crashed into it, nearly pinning Ander between itself and the window.  As the group stared in horror at the window, they noticed the nearby planet was getting much larger, much faster.


Everyone takes a wound from the impact with the ship.

The carbonite block, which looks like it's 5 times thicker than the block Han was frozen in, is not pinned "upside down" on the wall.  The repulsorlift side of the block is facing the opposite wall.  It's not being pushed into the wall by the repulsorlift, instead, it's being held there by the rotation of the ship.  That glass isn't going to hold long.

All physical tasks are upgraded once (from D to C) due to the ship tumbling extremely quickly now.

Binko
 player, 14 posts
 Technician
 Outlaw Tech
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 21:43
Lost to Time - Prelude
"Ouf!" The Jawa was truly expressive today, as it fell and soon came back to its feet. Halfly panicing and halfly excited about their prize, it seemed like Binko did not know what to do in the situation. This was not his optimal working conditions!

It garbled some giberrish in Jawaese. Binko seemed to be eager to get some orientation from just about anyone, not sure what to do in this situation.