Session One Thread.   Posted by Sadert.Group: 0
Griffo Goodelock
 player, 7 posts
 Halfling Thief
Thu 11 May 2017
at 06:17
Session One Thread
Having had arrow on the bowstring of his Ragged Bow.  "Beware!" yelled Griffo as he got a Volley off at the the frogman appears for just a second from the bushes to throw a javelin at Mardrag.

23:05, Today: Griffo Goodelock rolled 7 using 2d6+2.  Volley-Ragged Bow, Near.

On a 7–9,
choose one (whichever you choose you deal
your damage):
• You have to move to get the shot placing
you in danger of the GM’s choice.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:56, Thu 11 May 2017.

Cal'mara Ethal
 player, 7 posts
Thu 11 May 2017
at 12:37
Session One Thread
Cal'mara had been quite, contemplating his surroundings, He had not been this far from the Distant Marsh is sometime. And being here on this adventure with these others who had become more of a family to him than even his own. He was currently content. When the sounds of combat started, Cal'mara instictfully attempts to transform into that of a Carrion Bird, Back home they called them Marsh Raptors, Strange Birds who make their homes in the low hanging branches of the weeping swamp trees, they have long ripping talons, and a strong beak for tearing.

Shapeshifter - When you call upon the spirits to change your shape, roll+Wis.
 ✴ On a 10+ hold 3.
 ✴ On a 7–9 hold 2.
 ✴ On a miss hold 1 in addition to whatever the GM says.


08:31, Today: Cal'mara Ethal rolled 8 using 2d6+2.  Roll for Wis, Shapeshifting.

Hold 2

Cal'mara will spend one hold to fly towards the Frogman, and attempt to scrach at its eyes to blind it. Cal'mara manages to hit the creature in the eyes with his sharp talons.

08:34, Today: Cal'mara Ethal rolled 10 using 2d6-1.  Roll for STR, Melee Attach, Scratch.
08:35, Today: Cal'mara Ethal rolled 2 using 1d6.  Damage.

Mardrag Flintbeard
 player, 6 posts
 Priest of the Dark
 HP:21/21 Armor:1 XP:1
Thu 11 May 2017
at 14:07
Session One Thread
Mardrag catches the motion out of the cornre of his eye, but is too absorbed in his findings to realize he should dodge.

Defy Danger (WIS--to catch a glimpse of the javelin): 5.

Marked XP.

10:05, Today: Mardrag Flintbeard rolled 5 using 2d6+2.  Defy Danger-WIS.

Gundahar Stoneface
 player, 6 posts
Thu 11 May 2017
at 17:25
Session One Thread
Gundahar glowered down at the rustling bush from atop his practice crag just in time to witness some squishy weakling of a creature emerge to launch an attack toward Mardrag!  The gigantic warrior barked a warning to the dwarf, "STONE-BROTHER!  Beware the puny spear!  FOES!"  Whirling his greatsword around with a flourish, the wild-eyed barbarian bellowed at the frogman, "GUNDAHAR WILL PICK HIS TEETH WITH YOUR LITTLE BONES, FOOL-THING!"  With a rumbling, spittle-spraying war cry Gundahar leaps toward the frogman with heedless abandon!

It's not until he's already soaring through the air toward his foe that the impending disaster presents itself, and in that moment he could do nothing to avoid it.


Hack and Slash rolling+Str, using a d8 for Pure Destruction Herculean Appetite:
  • 09:54, Today: Gundahar Stoneface rolled 4 using 1d8+1d6+2 with rolls of 1,1.  Hack and Slash (Herculean Appetite).

I await catastrophe, but I'll take solace in marking XP for my failure!

Sadert
 GM, 16 posts
 The GM
Sat 13 May 2017
at 13:53
Session One Thread
Gundahar, as you swing for the frogman who just launched a javelin at Mardrag, you completely misstime your swing and your enormous strength carries your blade straight through the mighty oak next to which the frogman was standing. The venerable oak topples, the massive trunk landing straight on top of you!

Mardrag, your concentration is your undoing. The javelin strikes you in the back. Roll 1d6 damage!

 Cal'mara, your strike rings true as you dig your talons into the reptile which just struck your friend.
Your moves as a Carrion Bird are:
Spot the Prey and Gorge yourself on Carrion

As Cal'Mara strikes the Frogman, Griffo, you must to the side in order to get a clear shot on the frogman. As soon as you release your arrow, you look to your left, and see two more frogmen charging towards, spears raised.

What do y'all do?
Griffo Goodelock
 player, 9 posts
 Halfling Thief
Sat 13 May 2017
at 14:20
Session One Thread
After releasing his arrow, Griffo saw two more Frogmen with spears coming in his direction.  Yelling "There's more!' As he attempted to Defy Danger by trying to quickly backpedal behind Gundahar.  The halfling's big hairy feet fail him.  As he slips and falls to the ground.

Defy Danger
When you act despite an imminent threat
or suffer a calamity, say how you deal with
it and roll. If you do it...
• by getting out of the way or acting
fast, +Dex

07:10, Today: Griffo Goodelock rolled 4 using 2d6+2.  Defy Danger-Dex.
Marked XP.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:07, Sun 14 May 2017.

Mardrag Flintbeard
 player, 8 posts
 Priest of the Dark
 HP:18/21 Armor:1 XP:1
Sat 13 May 2017
at 14:31
Session One Thread
Mardrag cries out in pain, then turns and sees his attacker clearly for the first time.

Touching the symbol on his chest, he bellows, "Bijok kardą!" Even though the spell works, evidenced by the dark aura suddenly  surrounding Gundahar's sword, bellowing it may not have been the most tactically sound means.

Take 3 damage after armor. Marked in bio.

Cast Cause Fear to make the creature fear Gundahar's sword as long as I maintain the spell. Its reaction can be flee, panic, beg, or fight.

I'll take "You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot" again on my 9.

10:19, Today: Mardrag Flintbeard rolled 9 using 2d6+2.  Cast Cause Fear on javelin thrower.
10:16, Today: Mardrag Flintbeard rolled 4 using 1d6.  Damage.

Cal'mara Ethal
 player, 9 posts
Sun 14 May 2017
at 02:38
Session One Thread

Hold 1

Cal'mara still transformed into a carrion bird, notices the other two frogmen as they come into view from the bushes. "Squawk!" he calls out, as he rotates midflight and turns to attempt to scratch the eyes out of one of the charging Frogmen. Cal'mara manages to hit the frogman, but leaves himself open for an attack.

At the end of his attack, he transforms back into his Elven form.

22:35, Today: Cal'mara Ethal rolled 8 using 2d6+1.  Roll for STR, Melee Attach, Scratch.

Note sure how much the Frogmen have for Damage. Will Note once GM says.
Gundahar Stoneface
 player, 8 posts
Sun 14 May 2017
at 05:06
Session One Thread
Gundahar had not meant to kill a tree just then, but he was pleased for having killed it well!

The great felled tree toppled onto the barbarian, its massive trunk thudding into his meaty shoulder and rolling off his chiseled deltoid muscle to crash into the dirt.  Roaring with angry laughter, the giant plants the point of his greatsword into the dirt and wraps his thick arms about the trunk of the fallen tree.  Gundahar set his feet and every muscle tightened and bulged with a mighty effort as he hauled up the fallen tree and began to swing it about him in a great circle!  The branches rattled as he swung it in two full revolutions before letting the tree loose to tumble and smash over the two newcoming frogmen.


Rolled a 13 to Hack and Slash with Pure Destruction Herculean Appetite, to throw the tree at the two new frogmen (or one, if two isn't possible).  Choosing to attack recklessly to add an extra d6 to damage, for a total of max damage of 18 :D

22:02, Today: Gundahar Stoneface rolled 12,6 using 1d10+2,1d6 with rolls of 10,6.  Damage + 1d6 to attack recklessly .
21:46, Today: Gundahar Stoneface rolled 13 using 1d8+1d6+2 with rolls of 6,5.  Hack and Slash with a TREE! (Herculean).

Sadert
 GM, 18 posts
 The GM
Sun 14 May 2017
at 14:33
Session One Thread
In reply to Gundahar Stoneface (msg # 14):

[OOC] OK, that was awesome.

Gundahar Stoneface, fortune certainly favored the bold today. The tree swings over Griffo, still lying on the ground, and crushes one frogman's skull and knocks the other one to the ground, the sound of his ribs cracking from the sheer impact of the mighty oak. You don't have time to react though, as the frogman who had tossed a javelin at Mardrag closes the distance with you and strikes at you with his spear
[Roll 1d6 damage]

Cal'mara, you dive on top of the other frogman, scratching at him viciously, and succeed in ripping out his throat, although he manages to strike you with the butt of his staff while frantically rolling on the ground.

Surveying the scene, two of the frogmen are dead, and the original one looks badly wounded from the arrow sticking out of his arm. That frogman is trying to back away from Gundahar, but can't seem to bring himself to run past Gundahar's sword, which he dropped when he took up the tree.

What do you all do?
Mardrag Flintbeard
 player, 12 posts
 Priest of the Dark
 HP:18/21 Armor:1 XP:1
Sun 14 May 2017
at 15:03
Session One Thread
Mardrag runs toward the melee. "You've seen what he can do. Surrender, before he kills you!" The creature may or may not understand the language, and Gundahar may or may not care, but it seems worth a try.

10 on Parley! they do what you ask if you first promise what they ask of you.

11:02, Today: Mardrag Flintbeard rolled 10 using 2d6.  Parley.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:04, Sun 14 May 2017.

Griffo Goodelock
 player, 10 posts
 Halfling Thief
Sun 14 May 2017
at 15:16
Re: Session One Thread
Sadert:
The tree swings over Griffo, still lying on the ground,


Defying Danger, Griffo is able to get to his feet and retreat away from danger.

Defy Danger
When you act despite an imminent threat or suffer a calamity, say how you deal with it and roll.
by getting out of the way or acting fast, +Dex

✴On a 10+, you do what you set out to, the threat doesn’t come to bear.

08:02, Today: Griffo Goodelock rolled 13 using 2d6+2.  Defy Danger-Dex +2.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:48, Tue 16 May 2017.

Sadert
 GM, 19 posts
 The GM
Sun 14 May 2017
at 19:31
Re: Session One Thread
The frogman hisses, then throws it's spear to the ground. He whispers in a snake like voice "SSS....I sssssurrender. My brothersss lie on their back, but we will return." With that, the creature slowly backs his way into the dense brush from which it came. As you pause to take a look at where the creatures were, one of the corpses has disappeared. The corpse with its head removed is still there though, and Gundahar's sword still points out of the ground where he left it.
What do you all do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:27, Sun 14 May 2017.

Cal'mara Ethal
 player, 11 posts
Mon 15 May 2017
at 00:11
Re: Session One Thread
Now fully transformed back into an Elf. Cal'mara looks to the others. "Its possible that the Frogmen have been compelled or threatened by Skitheraxx to be its minions. I take no joy in killing creatures that are just trying to survive themselves. We should attempt a parley next time, before bloodshed. Maybe we could work out a deal with these creatures." he says, while going and picking up his staff from the ground. Cal'mara tries to remember any of the stories from his past about the Frogmen. Anything that might help.

Spout Lore. 20:10, Today: Cal'mara Ethal rolled 3 using 2d6.  Spout Lore (Frogmen). FAIL! Adding 1 tic to XP Track.
Gundahar Stoneface
 player, 9 posts
Mon 15 May 2017
at 15:29
Re: Session One Thread
Gundahar laughed uproariously as the tree smashed the two puny soft-boned whelps, and then laughed some more because it was good.  He boomed after the fleeing wretch, "YES!  Run now, but return soon with more puny slime-boys for me to CRUSH!  Ha ha!"

Still grinning despite bleeding from a multitude of scratches and a spear wound, Gundahar yanked his greatsword up from where he'd planted it in the ground and scoffed loudly at the suggestion of parley, "Man who parley with spears in the air parleys only with DIRT!"  Hefting the sword up to rest upon his burly shoulder, the barbarian elucidated so that his clever remark would not be lost on his comrades, "Because he is dead before he can talk with foe that killed him."  Snorting, the big man turned a grimace toward the opening into Skitheraxx's tunnel and began to stalk toward it, bellowing behind him, "COME, COMERADES!  Glory awaits!"


I think that d6 damage was meant for me due to the reckless attack, Griffo :)

 This leaves me with 19/23 HP... ouch!:
  • 08:19, Today: Gundahar Stoneface rolled 5 using 1d6.  Damage.
EDIT: Fixed erroneously low HP number!

This message was last edited by the player at 16:43, Mon 15 May 2017.

Griffo Goodelock
 player, 13 posts
 Halfling Thief
Tue 16 May 2017
at 07:33
Re: Session One Thread
With an arrow on his ragged bow's string ready to be draw back and shoot.  Griffo ran and caught up with Gundahar just as the got close to the doorway that was the entrance to the Lair, saying.  "Hold on big fella, Mardrag was looking at those faded runes, before he was interrupted by that Frogman.  Perhaps we better see if he can tell us anything we might need to know, before we go inside.  Then I will check to see if it or the chamber inside has a traps set, ready to go off.  Then once we are are all inside.  We can see if we can somehow place that door back in the doorway, jamming it shut in such a way.  So those Frogmen, if they come back.  Won't be able to follow us inside."

Trap Expert
When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX. • On a 10+, hold 3.
• Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
• What does the trap do when activated?
• What else is hidden here?

00:18, Today: Griffo Goodelock rolled 12 using 2d6+2.  Trap Expert +2.

Mardrag Flintbeard
 player, 15 posts
 Priest of the Dark
 HP:21/21 Armor:1 XP:1
Tue 16 May 2017
at 14:35
Re: Session One Thread
"Not the usual definition of 'surrender'," Mardrag mutters.

While narrating what he found, Mardrag bandages his own wound, and offers the blessings of Qubtia to Cal'mara and Gundahar. "This might be unpleasant, but it will help physically. It's your decision."

The dwarf turns to Griffo. "The stones tell me that lizardfolk have desecrated the tomb of my people. Whatever repairs we can make will be welcome to the dwarven spirits. Though we will not disturb the dwarven remains." Nardrag seems to emphasize the last sentence to the halfling.

Mardrag turns and sizes up Gundahar. "We need to go in, but can you get the doorstone at least upright again, Gundahar? Where it lies after the lizardfolk broke it offends the spirits of the dead."

The priest then goes quiet, kneeling and holding his holy symbol and speaks quietly in an arcane tongue. "Qubtia, ar tai paslaptis susitikti su jūsų naudai?"

Bandage myself for 1 use and back to full HP.

Cure Light Wounds if anyone wants it.

Divine Guidance for some useful knowledge or a boon, if the results of my Speak with Stones qualify as meeting the precept of my god. There's no roll for it.

Gundahar Stoneface
 player, 10 posts
Wed 17 May 2017
at 18:15
Re: Session One Thread
Gundahar stopped at the shattered entrance of the ancient tunnel and looked back toward Mardrag, then at the stone slab door laying on the ground nearby.  The big man replied with enthusiasm, "You challenge Gundahar to lift a stone, brother?  To this I say AYE!"  The barbarian squats down next to the slab, digs thick fingers underneath either side and deadlifts the granite door up to his meaty chest before flipping it toward him to hoist it overhead.  Whilst keeping the heavy stone raised high, he turned a wolfish grin toward Mardrag to exclaim, "TOO EASY!  Where will you have Gundahar leave this door, comrade?!"


10:45, Today: Gundahar Stoneface rolled 12 using 2d6+2.  Rolling Strength to lift fallen door.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:24, Wed 17 May 2017.

Mardrag Flintbeard
 player, 17 posts
 Priest of the Dark
 HP:21/21 Armor:1 XP:1
Thu 18 May 2017
at 19:03
Re: Session One Thread
Mardrag watches, then realizes he has been asked a question. "Um, standing up beside the doorway should be better.

"Um, thank you."


Gundahar, did you want that heal?
Sadert
 GM, 21 posts
 The GM
Fri 19 May 2017
at 11:32
Re: Session One Thread
[Sorry I've taken so long in response. Its been a hard couple of days for me. Looks like I'm getting a respite until the 22nd]

Gundahar, as you shift the stone back into space, you cannot help but feel some sort of spiritual energy release from the stone.
For you Mardrag,the effect is much more potent. A whisper worms its way into your ear, speaking in an ancient dwarven tongue that bears enough resemblance to the modern parlance of the dwarves that you can make out what it is saying:
"We thankest thou for thine efforts to quelm our spirit's disfortune. The monster which slumbers within our crypts is not easily awoken. But his guardians doth seek to protect his hoard as if it were their own. They have quarreled with the reptilians who slither through our gates and pipes, and who climb through the drain here to the tomb below. Watch for their simple designs below. And beware ours as well. Leave the tombs unturned and thou shall not disturb our mechanisms slumber. But if you molest our graves, vengeance will be wrought." With that the stones rest their voices.


Griffo, as you survey the doorway, you catch in the small corner of your eye a thin line, seemingly made of arrow string, running at ankle level. Had Gundahar not heeded your warning and entered the tomb, he would have triggered it. Looking to the side, you see a small crossbow with its trigger cleverly engineered to fire when the arrow string was pulled on by an interloper's foot. If the lizards were entering the tomb this way, they must have known about the trap, and avoided it carefully so as to leave it intact. Besides the ancient stone glyphs, nothing else appears to be hidden here.

What do you all do?
Griffo Goodelock
 player, 16 posts
 Halfling Thief
 HP 18/18
Fri 19 May 2017
at 17:52
Re: Session One Thread
Sadert:
..... a chamber descending and turning gradually to the right.

With his ragged bow ready to fire.  Having pointed out the crossbow trap tripline to his companions.  Stepping over it, the halfling entered the chamber, keeping to the far left as possible.  Thus remaining the farthest away as possible, but being still able to see what lays to the right.

Trap Expert
When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX.
• On a 7–9, you still do it, but the GM will offer you two options
between suspicion, danger, or cost.

10:45, Today: Griffo Goodelock rolled 7 using 2d6+2.  Trap Expert +2.

Sadert
 GM, 22 posts
 The GM
Tue 23 May 2017
at 22:00
Re: Session One Thread
As you proceed cautiously through the corner, it continues to slope downwards, forming stairs carved out of the smooth granite. As you proceed further down the tunnel, the light from the entrance proceeds to grow dimmer and dimmer.
What do you do?
Gundahar Stoneface
 player, 12 posts
 HP : 19/23
Thu 25 May 2017
at 19:56
Re: Session One Thread
Gundahar nodded with approval as Griffo pointed out the tripwire.  "HA, HA!  Clever little man to catch sneaky tricks!"  The huge man had to duck to fit beneath the lintel, so entering while stepping over the wire was more than a bit awkward.  Still, he managed to enter without triggering the trap and proceeded down the tunnel ahead of the others.  After a few strides he stopped and growled with disgruntlement, "Too dark!"  The barbarian rummaged in his large belt pouch and retrieved a thick wooden torch with a head caged in wrought iron, which he struck against the stony wall hard enough to ignite it with a shower of sparks.  Gundahar continued his advance down the tunnel, which was now lit by the brightly-blazing torch.

OOC:  Marking off one use from my adventuring gear to retrieve the torch.
Griffo Goodelock
 player, 18 posts
 Halfling Thief
 HP 18/18
Fri 26 May 2017
at 00:09
Re: Session One Thread
Now that there is light, the hobbit moves in front of the barbarian.  Turning to him Griffo brings his index finger up vertical in front of his mouth and noise.  "Shhhh..."  Whispering just loud enough to be heard, he said.  "We need to be as quiet as possible.  Noises carry and echo in places like this.  We don't want to draw anymore attention to ourselves then is possible.  Who knows what foul creatures live down here."  Turning forward, with the light from Gundahar's torch lighting the way. Griffo continues walking down tunnel, coming to the stairs, he begins to descend them.  All the while checking for traps and any other dangers.

Trap Expert
When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll+DEX.
Failing.
17:04, Today: Griffo Goodelock rolled 6 using 2d6+2.  Trap Expert +2.

Mardrag Flintbeard
 player, 20 posts
 Priest of the Dark
 HP:21/21 Armor:1 XP:2
Fri 26 May 2017
at 22:16
Re: Session One Thread
Mardrag thinks to walk beside Gundahar, then realizes the impracticality of that in the narrow passages, so he drops to the rear. He murmurs a mantra of his faith as he walks.

Fail at casting Guidance. 6. Marking XP.

18:15, Today: Mardrag Flintbeard rolled 6 using 2d6+2.  Cast Guidance.