Act I, Scene 1: Gathering.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GoldenBoy
 player, 18 posts
 Nightbane
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 21:48
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
In reply to GM (msg # 46):

"We should avoid being seen going into the house.  We should mirrorwalk in from the Nightlands.  But we also need to avoid trouble in the Nightlands.  So, let's use a public restroom as close as we can get to the house, crossover to the Nightlands, get into the house on that side and then cross back to the light-side from there.  I will crossover to the basement or crawlspace.  I don't want to go gold and go crashing through the floor.  Besides, under the right circumstances my transformation can be seen for miles around."
GM
 GM, 35 posts
 that guy
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 03:36
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Peter answers, "The floor is a cement foundation with no basement. I think there is crawl space underneath, but it's small, maybe nine inches high. I have intel about the Nightlands version."
Angelus Autem Caedis
 player, 16 posts
 Athanatos
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 03:40
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
"So this is to capture them." Margarita states.

"Normally I would get a friend to have an animal slip a mirror under the place and then use that mirror to set up a bomb. If you do it right you can take out just your intended target with a shaped charge under their bed while they sleep. Since that is out and we need the information...Do we have anything that could restrain them. I mean Normal chains and steel cable are not always effective in reasonable amounts."
Eddie
 player, 12 posts
 Nightbane
 Facade
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 04:43
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
The Nightlands version?  How close are they?  He looks thoughtfully for a couple of moments.  Fifty/fifty on if that would be a safer approach, or decidedly more dangerous.
GoldenBoy
 player, 19 posts
 Nightbane
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 05:50
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
In reply to Angelus Autem Caedis (msg # 50):

"Why not just destroy them?  It's not like they're real people or anything."
Angelus Autem Caedis
 player, 17 posts
 Athanatos
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 19:12
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
"Because if they are somehow our doppelgangers or some sort of magical clone of us they might not have a choice in what they are doing. Doppelgangers are 'real' people, they just happen to be people enslaved by the Nightlords. Some of them are better people than us if they had a choice. Now I rather enjoy killing until I am soaked in blood. What I don't like is indiscriminate murder.We are not like the Nightlords."

Margarita tries to explain.
Eddie
 player, 13 posts
 Nightbane
 Facade
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 19:29
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Eddies looks up from the floorplan.  Give me a day or two to get us some more detailed intel.  Then we can adjust the plan as necessary.
Taronaha
 player, 9 posts
 Nightbane
 Facade
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 23:38
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
"Having a couple of days would be great but remember that tomorrow is the only day that is known when Ishum is deviating from her normal schedule to meet with the dopples." Anthony says as a reminder to Eddie.

Then to Margarita, "Given the short amount of time we have to prepare there might not be any other choice but to eliminate our 'counterparts' and take their places so we can be at the meeting. I know that is not the most humane choice but unless you have some way to keep that many dopplegangers subdued until we can do ... he spreads his arms in a gesture of questioning, "... whatever with them then I would think it is our best choice since we still want to capture the princess and have no idea how we are going to do that yet either."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:48, Fri 30 June 2017.

Eddie
 player, 14 posts
 Nightbane
 Facade
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 05:49
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
So much for preparation, he mutters.  Then I need to get over there ASAP so I can get as much intel as possible.  A non-descript older model care could come in handy, if anyone has one to loan.
GM
 GM, 38 posts
 that guy
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 07:07
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Asha takes her own burner phone and places a call to the sorcerer she mentioned. "Samuel, this is Amber.
If you aren't too busy, I would like know if you have time to repair watch. We don't have the watch yet,
but tomorrow we hope to purchase a silver Rolex as an investment. The watch doesn't tick anymore, so I would like for you to give us simmer options on how store our watch safely. We would willing buy some watch repair tools from you off think that would help. The catch that this is a rush job because we need the watch stored safely by tomorrow night."
translation: We expect capture a highly valuable target tomorrow. An uncooperative Night Prince is the target. We want options for containing the target. We are willing pay for special gear. The snatch and grab is taking place tomorrow, so notice is short.
Sam
 player, 2 posts
 Human
 Sorcerer
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 13:34
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Sam picks up his phone and listens to the message. When Asha is done, Sam lets out a long laugh and says. “ That certainly is a rush job… I’ll see what I can do. I shall get back to you in a few hours and let you know what I come up with. “ As Sam talks he goes about putting on a cup of coffee. “ Hm, you’ll probably need a few batteries, if you have them. Talk to you in a bit. “ and ends the call.

Sam runs his hands through his hair as he thinks what he will be making, what he has with him, and what he will need. “ Why don’t they just ask me to summon Zurvan.... “ he puts his hands on his hips and looks around his shop, saying to Charlie “ Charlie, start closing up. We have a lot of work to do.. “

As Charlie closes the front door and flips the open sign to closed, Sam procedes to have a seat with a steaming cup of coffee. He takes out a pad of paper and pen, and begins to plan out what will be created. Leaning over the table he makes a few sketches and after a bit some material lists.
Charlie
 NPC, 1 post
 Werewolf
 Familiar
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 15:26
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Charlie goes about closing and making sure everything is locked up. After a bit she peaks over Sam's shoulder and watches what he is doing. She reaches over and grabs the material list, reading through it as she leans her back against Sam. " Hm. Well that's not to bad, no eye of newt or demons' femur or anything weird." she says as she looks over to Sam, " I'll start getting this place ready for guests. "

Charlie then hops up and goes about putting away anything left out that shouldn't be out, such as any scrolls or talismans that had been worked on. Also, she grabs her MP5 from her motorcycle out in the back parking lot, carrying it in a bag, and takes it in with her inside.

As she starts getting some of the materials ready in the work shop, Charlie says, " Maybe this person needs help and we'll get to go on an adventure. Its been awhile since I had some fun. "
Angelus Autem Caedis
 player, 18 posts
 Athanatos
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 17:22
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
" I know that we might not have a choice. I know that I am meant to kill that is what i was made for. Still I have a choice and mi familia would prefer it if I killed the 'right' people. it is what separates me from un perro loco. I need a reason to kill someone, Something to justify my actions."

Margarita says. Inside her head she goes over what she might need.
Eddie
 player, 15 posts
 Nightbane
 Facade
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 19:56
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Well, how about we avoid getting ourselves killed?  He looks around at each of them.  I would feel better if we had more intel on this op.  I want to go over when we leave here and see what more I can find out.
GoldenBoy
 player, 21 posts
 Nightbane
Wed 5 Jul 2017
at 16:57
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
In reply to Eddie (msg # 61):

"Agreed.  I will go with you on that."
Sam
 player, 4 posts
 Human
 Sorcerer
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 02:31
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Careful what you wish for. But some exercise would be good. “ Sam says as he stands up, placing his pen behind his ear. Taking his notes in his hand and his cup in the other, Sam moves over to the workshop in the back of the art gallery where he starts to gather some welding and metal working tools. Once those are assembled he fires up the large furnace and looks over the materials that Charlie had gathered.

That’s a start..” Sam says as he takes out his phone and sends a text to Asha. <Have an idea for a box to fit tight around your watch. Box will keep it safe but you’ll have to use standard shipping.>
GM
 GM, 40 posts
 that guy
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 06:09
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
It seems that Eddie and Micheal are going to the safe house together. Go ahead and post any in-character early plotting and scheming that you want to do. Margarita, Da'mon, and Anthony may tag along with Micheal and Eddie or may do whatever else they want with their evening. They may even choose to remain on the barge and wait until the incoming storm passes if they like. I will start new scenes soon.
Angelus Autem Caedis
 player, 19 posts
 Athanatos
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 20:44
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Margarita heads off the Barge. She then spends some time making sure that she is not being followed before Heading to William and Mitzi. She will then explain what has been said and ask them for their opinions and ideas. Once she has their feedback she will wander to the safehose making sure that she isn't being followed.
Eddie
 player, 17 posts
 Nightbane
 Facade
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 22:30
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Well, I will arrive in the area of the safehouse in about two hours.  I want to get settled in somewhere and some food first.  He looks to Goldenboy.  I guess I'll see you there, then.
GoldenBoy
 player, 22 posts
 Nightbane
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 00:08
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
In reply to Eddie (msg # 66):

"Let's not go through the front door.  We still need to be careful not to be seen.  Just like we discussed before, let's go in through the Nightlands.  I guess I'll eat with you since we should go in together."
Junior orders a double-patty monster burger and black coffee.
Eddie
 player, 18 posts
 Nightbane
 Facade
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 03:29
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
As the pair move out of the connex to the deck of the barge, Eddie shakes his head.  If we do that, we may be tipping our hand if the place is occupied.  I think outside surveillance, and talking discreetly to people on the street, will be best.  We already have the floorplan, and we can figure out where guards would most likely be stationed from that.
Taronaha
 player, 11 posts
 Nightbane
 Facade
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 03:59
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
Anthony is a bit surprised that the team is splitting up but they had all worked together before so he figures they all know each others routines.

As everyone starts to leave he hurries to catch up to Eddie and Goldenboy. "Hey, would you guys mind if I tagged along? I'd like to get a look at that place before we all go rushing in."
GoldenBoy
 player, 23 posts
 Nightbane
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 08:44
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
In reply to Taronaha (msg # 69):

As they all get in the dinghy to go back to shore, "That's the idea.  Boy's night out to plan an ambush."
Standing in between the two he good-naturedly, and a little roughly claps each of them on the shoulder and laughs at his own joke.
Eddie
 player, 19 posts
 Nightbane
 Facade
Mon 10 Jul 2017
at 13:49
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
I didn't come in by boat, I shouldn't leave that way.  He begins to walk away and around the connex they had just exited, his body starting to shift and grow larger....
Incubus
 player, 10 posts
 Nightbane
 Morphus
Mon 10 Jul 2017
at 13:51
Act I, Scene 1: Gathering
...as he Becomes.  The barge shifts slightly under the extra half-ton of weight, but before he is completely transformed, he vanishes from existence.  The barge shifts slightly one more time, but even the air does not seem disturbed as he takes flight.