Hey Everyone! Get in here!   Posted by Gruffyd the All Mighty.Group: 0
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 118 posts
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 08:16
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 233):

Gorem runs into the light, and then he runs out. Before him is a giant ugly troll with warts the size of cauldrons being harassed by a human and two smaller things. Litwick, and Golbert. Litwick looks to be in just about as much of a blood frenzy and Golbert is in. They three of them as beating up The Master to be of their abilities, so engaged in the one-sided battle are they that they didn't even notice Gorem walking up.

The Master falls to the ground and gets into the fetal position, begging for the torment to stop. "I just wanted to play a game!" He shouts.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 120 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 23:05
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 234):

Gorem waits, looking around for Brannyn and Gilbert. As he waits, Gorem will study the surroundings in order to figure out where they are, what time it is, etc.
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 119 posts
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 05:29
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 235):

The three fight on, not paying any mind to Gorem.

Gorem is actually able to see Gilbert and Brannyn. Brannyn is just about to dig his way to freedom, not having time to go up and get to Gilbert. However, it's imperative Gorem remembers that anyone who shouts from the mysterious white zone that he's in can be heard by the other people
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 121 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 06:22
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 236):

Gorem will cup his hands around his mouth and shout to Gilbert, "Gilbert! Jump into Brannyn's hole! He's about to escape. Then you can help us beat up this troll! Assuming you don't die from the fall."
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 120 posts
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 07:27
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 237):

Gilbert does hear Gorem! However, among the fighting and shouting all Gilbert can hear is: "Jump! Brannyn!" Gilbert, believing he knows exactly what Gorem shouted down to him, gives an A-okay shout back! Unfortunately, Gorem is unable to hear the a-okay shout because it seems no one up in the white room can actually hear what's going on, only see it.

Gilbert jumps from his long staircase, and he's aiming for Brannyn's head! It turns out Lady Luck left just a few moments ago though, as Gilbert lands on Brannyn they both fall down the hole at maximum speeds. A large grunt is heard from Brannyn. Something like: ARF. Lady Luck still hasn't come back though, and, as it would turn out, they land right onto Gorem! A goblin and wizard both lay on Gorem's small body, battered and confused. Brannyn rubs his head and begins groaning at the pain. Gilbert is knocked unconscious. Gorem survived relatively unscathed but his back kind of hurts now. Thanks to Brannyn's quick thinking, and only thanks to Brannyn, as the two were falling, he enchanting him and Gilbert with a slow fall spell, even through the pain of his head, that just saved Gorem's back from being crushed.

The master's voice is no longer booming, it's sad and whimpering, and whiny. "No! No no no! This isn't how you're supposed to win! Just go back into the game and play properly!" He shouts in his tantrum-induced state. "I want to win! I want to win I want to win! You have to play in order for me to win!"

Litwick shouts back, "Your game sucks! And I want to visit my home again!"

Wally demands Gorem come and help them, but politely. "Friend, dwarf! Please aid us! We can defeat this troll of boglight!" Golbert is too busy shouting and screaming to himself to care what Gorem does at the moment.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 122 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 07:51
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 238):

Gorem shouts, "Surrender foul creature! We have beaten you at your twisted game!" as he kicks the troll in the back. Gorem rubs his own aching back as he fights.
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 121 posts
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 08:06
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 239):

The troll squeals in pain as Gorem kicks him and then throws a fist at Gorem's face, trying to  break the dwarf's spirits at getting out.

(ROLL STUFF)
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 123 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Mon 28 Aug 2017
at 01:35
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 240):

Gorem keeps kicking the troll.

(Gorem rolls a 15 to kick the troll)
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 122 posts
Mon 28 Aug 2017
at 01:47
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 241):

The troll is indeed kicked. He rears up and shouts horribly and starts screaming louder. Why did you kick him? "I'm going to call my family! They're going to hurt you they are! They're going to hurt you so bad you're going to wish you were never hurt! Ah!" He's screaming even louder now!

Brannyn shouts while holding his head in pain. "Kill the beast! Use fire! Use ice! Use something!"
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 124 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Mon 28 Aug 2017
at 03:30
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 242):

Gorem tries to cut the troll's head off with his great axe.

(Gorem rolls a 22 (17+5) to hit the troll; Great axe deals 6 damage (3+3))
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 123 posts
Mon 28 Aug 2017
at 04:15
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 243):

The axe strikes but barely does any damage! The troll's neck has been cut open but it's like a paper cut to the troll. He screams in pain, but isn't in any fatal damage. He rears up and kicks Golbert off of him, he lands beside Brannyn and Gilbert. Litwick and Wally are nearly thrown away too but Wally grabs Litwick and quickly dodges, moving out of the way in a spectacular leap. "Again, Gorem! Do it again!" Litwick shouts.

The troll stands up and stares at Gorem. Something about him has changed.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 125 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Mon 28 Aug 2017
at 05:22
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 244):

Gorem attacks again, swinging his axe overhead and bringing it down on the troll.

(Gorem rolls a 14 (9+5); Great axe deals 14 (11+3) damage)

This message was last edited by the player at 05:22, Mon 28 Aug 2017.

Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 124 posts
Thu 31 Aug 2017
at 21:30
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 245):

The troll is vanquished! But not without letting out an eerily ear deafening howl. The whole group is transported back to the beginning of the trail, exactly where they left off. Except, now, guards from the camp have the puzzle trap's area tightly defended and surrounded. The group is, in all ways cornered. Even Guard Captain Jeremy stands with his sword at the ready, aimed pointedly at Wally. "I knew you'd try to run off with my brother, you fiends. If it wasn't one, it would be the other." Dinkley is no where to be found.

Dinkley proposed to his lover anyhow, without the ring, and when she revealed both her and his ring in her pocket he was thoroughly shocked and happy, and cackled the whole night long about how the trick would have been brilliant had the crisis not happened. Gorem will never see Dinkley again though.

Brannyn leans on his staff, his head throbbing with pain like waves coming in and out. Gilbert stands, but he is unconscious. Golbert however is ready to fight, his bloodlust still crying out for, well, blood. Litwick stands at the ready as well, his sword drawn and his scared face looking more confident from when he wielded the wooden sword, he isn't quite battle-ready however. Gorem faces the junior guard captain, the kid who accidentally pushed into him. He stands, trying to look firm and strong like Jeremy, but is shivering, his sword held too far up and his stance being incredibly imbalanced. Wally is glaring directly at Jeremy. Unspoken words are being spoken between them, a fated battle between men. "I'll rip your ears off if I have to, Jeremy, but I'm leaving this damned forest, this is no place for Wally Wollins, Second Heir to the  Wollins Kingdom, Savior of Divinitown and Slayer of the Crag's Beast."

(As promised, exiting the puzzle illegally had consequences. These are the consequences).

The boglight troll's howl echoes shortly after the exchange of words. Several roars echo back in return, sounding angry and hungry. "He called his family." Brannyn says in a tired, hushed, and weary voice. Only Gorem and the company could hear his faint mumbling.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 126 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 01:44
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 246):

"Wait a moment," Gorem says to Captain Jeremy, "Didn't you ask me to bring him," Gorem points at Wally, "You asked me to bring him with us so he'd stop fighting with Dinkley all the time. Also the troll we just killed managed to signal his family, so you might want to turn your swords the other way unless you want to be torn limb from limb, or mashed up in a troll's maw and slowly digested in the bubbling acids of the troll's stomach, or smashed under foot by troll or your own friends as they flee in terror, or any of the other horrible deaths that await you at the hands of a family of trolls."
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 125 posts
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 06:42
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 247):

Gorem's pleading with Jeremy does not work. Their eyes, there is something about their eyes that seems off, odd, and different. Wally doesn't seem to know about that deal and his ears perk up, angry, like a hell hound's. "What? he was just going to trade me off? Because I was messing with my little brother? What kind of big brother does that?" He sounds angry, but he restrains himself from lashing out. Brannyn nods in approval, realizing to himself that Wally is a great asset to the team due to his patience but willingness to fight.

SHINK

Jeremy aims his sword at the group, the rest of the guards do the same with no hesitation. Except for the junior guard captain, who stumbles to do the same, and even drops his sword, but picks it up quickly.

The trolls rampage sounds as if it's gotten closer. But Jeremy and the others do not seem to even notice the noises. "If you so much as move an inch, Wally, I will not hesitate to plunge my sword through your stomach. And you, Gorem, you be quiet. What do you think you're doing? Taking a brother from me? I will snatch you up and hang you off the camp walls, you filthy hobgoblin."

Brannyn seems to have pushed himself into the middle of the group, and is secretly fiddling with something under his robes.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 127 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 08:00
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 248):

Gorem stands and raises his axe overhead, "Alright, but the trolls are coming,"

If any of the guards come within striking distance trying to restrain Gorem or any of his allies, Gorem will attack them.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:13, Fri 01 Sept 2017.

Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 126 posts
Thu 7 Sep 2017
at 05:37
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 249):

The only guard to engage in combat is the guard captain. Jeremy strikes at his little brother and instantly Wally gets into position, he fights back and begins thrashing at Jeremy. The two are shouting profanities at each other but it almost seems as if Wally is talking to himself. Brannyn still seems to be working on something in the middle of the group, quietly mumbling to himself and talking erratically to his own hands.

The others watch Wally and Jeremy but no one goes to help him as he barks out that he needs to do this alone. Jeremy's eyes seem to be welling up with something, not tears, but a red liquid of some sort, too bright to be blood.

The trolls' roaring is heard again, it seems even closer than before, almost as if it's against Gorem's ears. It sounds identical to the Boglight Troll's shouting. Exactly the same actually.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 128 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Thu 7 Sep 2017
at 07:24
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 250):

Gorem swings his ax towards the sound of the troll.
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 127 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 19:44
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 251):

Gorem hits absolutely nothing, he just frightens the lad in front of him who jumps back.

Wally is pounding Jeremy now, his eyes do spring tried and true tears. Jeremy seems to be.. Sinking? His body is molding into something red and gross.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 129 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 05:15
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 252):

"So this is how it ends?" Gorem says morosely, shaking his head, "Killed by mud people who look like people we used to know. What do you think lad? How did you think you were going to die?"

Gorem hefts up his ax and prepares to fight. He will swing at any of the guards if they come near.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 130 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 05:15
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 252):

"So this is how it ends?" Gorem says morosely, shaking his head, "Killed by mud people who look like people we used to know. What do you think lad? How did you think you were going to die?"

Gorem hefts up his ax and prepares to fight. He will swing at any of the guards if they come near.
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 128 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 06:26
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 254):

None of the guards attack Gorem. Wally beats the eerie melting version of his brother into the ground and then shouts. His brother wasn't able to tell him what to do this time that's for sure.

The next person to be attacked is Brannyn. The old wizard shouts at the group. "Do not let the guards hit me! I must be protected!" A guard swings towards Brannyn. A new guard takes the place of where Jeremy stood. They all seem lifeless and disfigured in some way or another, perhaps it's their eyes, which are as red as clay. Litwick whines when some of the strange liquid hits his shoe.

The only realistic and life-like looking man is the second in command, he's cowering and shivering.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 131 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 23:22
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 255):

Gorem rushes to Brannyn's aid, attacking the guard with his ax.

(Gorem rolled a 24 (19+5) to hit the guard with his ax; Great ax deals 12 damage (9+3) to the guard)

"There's something wrong with the guards, Brannyn, but I think the second-in-command knows something. I'm going to try and bring him in with us," Gorem says to Brannyn as he blocks the wizard from the guard's attack.
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 129 posts
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 07:08
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 256):

"Guards?" Brannyn says confused, "Ah, sure, yes, they can be guards." He says to reaffirm himself. As he says that Gorem notices that the guards seem a little different than before. Rather than the guards from the Wollins Encampment, these guards are taller and more brutish, with clubs, not swords. The second in command hasn't changed though, he's still as human as ever! The trolls' roaring grows louder like an annoying ring in your ear. "Just hold me off for a little more friends, this will fix it all soon!"

(Brannyn will be finished in three turns)

Gorem's axe swings straight into the ogre-ish brutish guard's side. It squeals with pain, sounding something similar to a pig. He swings! And absolutely demolishes the monster of a guard. The guard's swing doesn't even come close to wizard in the middle. But where one brutish guard dies, two more take place!

(Brannyn rolled a 24 to hit the guard)

Brannyn seems to be breathing heavier.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 132 posts
 Lvl 1 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 04:14
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 257):

"You! Lad! Help us if you want to get out of here alive!" Gorem shouts to the second-in-command, "We need to defend the wizard so he can brake the troll's spell. Help me fend off these things,"

Gorem will try to keep any of the orc/guards away from Brannyn with his ax.

(Gorem rolled an 8 (3+5) to hit with his great ax)