Hey Everyone! Get in here!   Posted by Gruffyd the All Mighty.Group: 0
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 1 post
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 06:08
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
New adventurers, old adventurers, brave and scared, all congregate around the Broad Broad Abroad inn, some with axes, some with swords, other bellowing loudly and whisking down whiskey and ale and others brooding quietly in the corner. Several new posts have been made by the town's guardsmen concerning orc outposts, supposed dragon attacks, life-threatening objects needing to be delivered, objects needing to be delivered on trails that could life-threatening even. There's even rumors spreading around the inn about a special secret mission that the guard captain will entrust with only the bravest of warriors, that rewards a possible marriage with a princess, however the rumor is changed several times in the musky ambiance of the pub, so the rumor isn't exactly trust worthy anymore. Regardless, an old balding guard captain, with a dash across his eye and a hand with only three fingers, sits across the the job posts, his old bones waiting for an adventurer, like you, yes you, to come and ask for a quest worthy of taking on!

Come! Brave adventurer! Come and meet your destiny!

HEROIC LAUGHTER

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:09, Sat 03 June 2017.

Gorem Grimgut
 player, 2 posts
 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 06:22
Re: Hey Everyone! Get in here!
Gruffyd the All Mighty:
New adventurers, old adventurers, brave and scared, all congregate around the Broad Broad Abroad inn, some with axes, some with swords, other bellowing loudly and whisking down whiskey and ale and others brooding quietly in the corner. Several new posts have been made by the town's guardsmen concerning orc outposts, supposed dragon attacks, life-threatening objects needing to be delivered, objects needing to be delivered on trails that could life-threatening even. There's even rumors spreading around the inn about a special secret mission that the guard captain will entrust with only the bravest of warriors, that rewards a possible marriage with a princess, however the rumor is changed several times in the musky ambiance of the pub, so the rumor isn't exactly trust worthy anymore. Regardless, an old balding guard captain, with a dash across his eye and a hand with only three fingers, sits across the the job posts, his old bones waiting for an adventurer, like you, yes you, to come and ask for a quest worthy of taking on!

Come! Brave adventurer! Come and meet your destiny!

HEROIC LAUGHTER

Gorem Grimgut
 player, 2 posts
 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 06:22
Re: Hey Everyone! Get in here!
Gruffyd the All Mighty:
New adventurers, old adventurers, brave and scared, all congregate around the Broad Broad Abroad inn, some with axes, some with swords, other bellowing loudly and whisking down whiskey and ale and others brooding quietly in the corner. Several new posts have been made by the town's guardsmen concerning orc outposts, supposed dragon attacks, life-threatening objects needing to be delivered, objects needing to be delivered on trails that could life-threatening even. There's even rumors spreading around the inn about a special secret mission that the guard captain will entrust with only the bravest of warriors, that rewards a possible marriage with a princess, however the rumor is changed several times in the musky ambiance of the pub, so the rumor isn't exactly trust worthy anymore. Regardless, an old balding guard captain, with a dash across his eye and a hand with only three fingers, sits across the the job posts, his old bones waiting for an adventurer, like you, yes you, to come and ask for a quest worthy of taking on!

Come! Brave adventurer! Come and meet your destiny!

HEROIC LAUGHTER

Gorem Grimgut
 player, 4 posts
 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 17:50
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 1):

Gorem finishes the last of his ale and plops off his chair. His coin purse flops on his hip, empty. Backpacks and rucksacks rustle on his back as he picks up a nearby footstool. In his other hand, Goerm hefts his ax over his shoulder before marching up to the old guard at the table. The ax is a two-headed weapon made of metal so dark it reflects no light, dwarfen runes are carved over the blade and white leather is wrapped around the handle. He places the footstool before the table; up he gets, using his ax handle to balance. Gorem lays one hand on the table. The other grips his ax head for stability. He leans in, letting his white beard brush the crumbs off the wood.

"I need a job. Coins running low. What do you have that isn't suicidal?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:52, Sat 03 June 2017.

Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 2 posts
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 21:33
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 3):

The gaunt guard grimaces towards Gorem Grimgut and puffs out laughter mixed in with spit. As his mouth opens its clear to see his missing teeth and the rotting around his gum. "A mission that isn't suicidal, that's funny, stranger. We haven't had one of those in a long time." He three fingered hand drops his stein and he slams it on the side of the chair that he lounges upon, very clearly being a tad unstable. Just as quickly as he was laughing however, he stopped and began to grimace again, looking both professional and sad.

"Alright warrior, here here, let's see, I can give you three different assignments, not one or two or four but three, and only three. You can have one if you really want it, be my guest, they all equally suck." The sound of steel and metal chinks along with the captain's chain mail as he bends down towards his feet and picks up three different parchment.

Parchment one reads from a small Elf village that lives close by Narrow Shire. It's called the Enchanted by the locals, due to the Elven interest in magical oddities and inquiries, but it's official name reads out as Eldenhom. It requests the aid of a strong warrior to come and aid in the recovery of an artifact that a group of very small pale creatures had stolen from them, they believe that Gnomes took it from their village while they were sleeping. The mayor, who has officially signed the document however, claims that a fouler magic is at work, and that the job should be undertaken by no less than two warriors, with one having at least a basic affinity with magic.

Parchment two came from Gnomish outpost Blastforge Hold, from the Tinker King Tinkerfuzz. Their own barracks leader has gone missing in the bogs of Gorginheim, and the Tinker King has evidence to believe that barracks leader was kidnapped and given to an evil sorcerer as tribute to an old and dead god of darkness.

Parchment three is small, simple, easy to read, and stained with something dark, coal would be most people's guess. The writing comes from a dwarf, but no name is given, it simply asks for the adventurer to meet them in the Duskhallow Woods by the abandoned town to help them search for their missing friend.

"Well, that's it. Take your pick, dwarf." The captain announces.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 5 posts
 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 21:56
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 4):

Gorem thinks it over, running his fingers through his beard.

"Elfs, gnomes, or a mysterious dwarf. Who to choose. Let's go with gnomes. Should be easier to kill them if I have too, eh? Tell me more about it. Where do I go?"
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 3 posts
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 23:31
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 5):

Before the guard captain can reply to you, an extremely tall, robust man pushes you out of the way and steps in front. "Give me the one about the dwarf.' He bellows deeply. "I want the one about the dwarf." His armor is clad with different plates from different areas, haphazardly thrown together into one piece of armor. His one good eye glares down at your body and he grunts, his helmet quivers a little with horns that dangle, as if ready to fall off. His obtuse long sword hangs low and the tip practically scraps against the ground. From the ground, it's clear to see underneath his mask there is more scar tissue than face, burns and cuts lacerate his wrinkled skin, but were it to be from a human's perspective you would not be able to tell due to the glum man's ragged and gray beard and his helmet's eye cover. All that is left to see would be his wrinkling cheek flesh. After forcefully taking the parchment, the giant of a human stomped out the inn, breaking loose floor boards in the process. "Damn Northmen," the captain muttered, "rude as crows I tell you, dwarf."

After that ordeal, the captain reaches down and picks up the Tinker King's plea for aid and hands it you, his skin is leathery, if you hadn't seen his bare hands it would be hard to tell if he was wearing gloves or not.

"When you walk out of the inn, take a left onto the western most road, it will lead you towards one of the short fellows, he'll be wearing green he said. His name is Litwick, he'll be your guide to Blastforge Hold." The captain tells you.

With the parchment in your hand, the guard captain shakes your hand and hands you a small ring. It was made from very fine metal, but it doesn't fit your finger, at most, it will fit a small child's. "Keep that, you'll need it to show the Tinker King upon your arrival, or they might not let you in." With the parchment and the ring now in your possession, you walk outside the inn, stumbling past the masses of gamblers, drunks, and everything in between.

Black smog and the fog of the smith clamping away at Freyasong County's blacksmith directly to your left is the first thing that fills your nostrils as you exit the inn. Sweet perfumes and floral passions come next from the alchemy centers to your right. In front of you there is a stone statue, giant in stature even to the tallest elves, of a well built woman, two stone spears on her back behind a round shield, a skull in one hand and a sword in other, her stone hair is made to to replicate wind breezing past her. Below the statue is a plaque reading Freyasong, who held her ground despite the most gruesome of circumstances. Similar to the inn, the alchemist, and the blacksmith establishments, other buildings surround the statue, including a tailor shop, a general goods store, a bard's center, and the militia's recruitment center. Several carts lay around the statue as well, most carry food, but there is one peculiar cart that is under the watchful eye of a man in a dark robes. His cart, unlike the others, is only filled with weapons and equipment, spears and swords are practically bursting from beneath the cart. There are three people shouting and crying to the market as well. The first town crier wears bland clothes stained with a red substance, "Need meat? Fresh meat from a swine or other cattle? Come to the butchery! Down the path near the farms, we know you fine adventurers need your food one way or another, and apples simply won't keep those muscles bulging!" Something in his tone of voice suggests that he may be mocking the adventures, while trying to keep his tone hidden in order to attract customers. "Woe is this world! Woe is the heathens who worship this hideous woman! How dare you settle on unholy land, purified and unsanctioned!" The second crier is a religious man, he seems irritating enough, but most of the town seems to be ignoring him. The third town crier has nothing much to say and is in fact a guard, the guard captain has posted him there to help the townsfolk and adventurers who can't read the signposts where what in the town is. If Gorem is illiterate, that kind young man is who he'll go to talk to, otherwise, there will be sign posts for him to read that will direct him to the western and eastern paths, and all around the town.

It's also possible to hear some conversations going on between the townsfolk in the markets, on entering the outside world, you hear two different conversations immediately.

The first conversation is between a small child and their father. "Papa, I miss our hound, why can't you find him?"

"I'm not a hound expert, son, I won't know where that old dog has run off. All I got are these strange and mysterious tracks leading to the back of the inn, and I can't go behind that or I'd look like a thief. Sorry son, maybe someone can come and help."

The second conversation is between a merchant and a customer, the customer is very displeased.

"You've ripped me off you blockhead!" The customer shouts, "This isn't anywhere near good food, it's rotten on the inside and they're are maggots come out of some of these fruits! Are you trying to sicken the entire town?"

The merchant raises his own voice in defense, "I don't even know who you are! My fruits are fine though! Don't go bringing in your own dirtied foods to try and blame my farm!"

"I want a full refund, old man, my twenty silver or your head will do fine!" The two look extremely angry.

Looking down the western path it's easy to see, however short he may be, Litwick dancing and annoying the townsfolk.
He looks your way and waves.

You can explore a bit before going to him, after all, Litwick has no idea who you are, or you can head straight to him now.
Gorem Grimgut
 player, 6 posts
 Dwarf Warrior
 Triple G
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 23:55
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gruffyd the All Mighty (msg # 6):

The first thing Gorem does is head to the fruit vendor who is fighting with his customer. He leans on his ax, watching the two fight before interjecting.

"Are your fruits really so bad? Why don't you give me one to try and we'll see if they really are as bad as he says, eh?"
Gruffyd the All Mighty
 GM, 4 posts
Sun 4 Jun 2017
at 00:14
Hey Everyone! Get in here!
In reply to Gorem Grimgut (msg # 7):

"That is a wonderful idea, sir!" The merchant shouts, he looks down at his fruits, and upon noticing them, they look nothing like the fruits that the customer has shown up with. He picks out a fresh apple, as red as polished stones, and he hands it to you carefully. His eyes are obviously worried and shaking, "My wife and I grow these fruits with our daughter, and we make sure each and every one we sell are pristine. We've even skipped selling on days because we thought the fruits weren't good enough for the people. My name is Jonah by the way, Jonah Cornerstone, thank you for coming and helping settle our dispute."

Upon tasting the fruit, it is delicious, and very well cleaned, there isn't a speck of darkness that isn't naturally created, and the juices of the fruit are absolutely sublime. It becomes undoubtedly clear that the alleged customer has indeed been lying.

"Well?" The customer shouts, "How is it? Horrid right? This old man is obviously lying to try and keep his money well in order, people like him are always stealing money from the poor!" The customer is now looking worried himself, but in a different way from the merchant, he seems as if he's about to be found out, he's on edge and shaking in his boots.

"let the dwarf decide, scoundrel!" The merchant barks back.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:15, Sun 04 June 2017.