(IC) The Asylum.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Valril Clay Yeldithas
 Half-Elf Rogue, 19 posts
 -Clay-
Wed 16 Dec 2020
at 11:29
(IC) The Asylum
Clay, after checking the room, shrugs his shoulders "It seems there's nothing of interest here."
He leaves the room and moves quietly to the next room on the right side. Seems that most of the building has been empty for a very long time, but they'd better be meticulous.
He looks at the next door for signs of manipulation, and if he sees nothing suspicious, opens it and he has a look inside.

11:27, Today: Valril Clay Yeldithas rolled 15 using 1d20+12.  Perception check.
Jalmin Vulast
 Human Wizard, 21 posts
Sat 19 Dec 2020
at 14:10
(IC) The Asylum
As Clay leaves the room Jalmin wait a moment before he pronounced the verbal components of his Detect Magic cantrip while his hands move along arcane patterns to shape the magic. Jalmin concentrates upon the cantrip as he evaluates the space before finally leaving the room.
Voren Ironson
 Dwarf Barbarian, 78 posts
 I'm 400 pounds of ANGRY
 In a 200 pound Dwarf
Mon 28 Dec 2020
at 17:30
(IC) The Asylum
Ironson lets the others out of the room and then asks.

"Which way are we going now?"

He doesn't seem to have much to say beyond his question.
Jalmin Vulast
 Human Wizard, 22 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2021
at 20:29
(IC) The Asylum
Jalmin concentrated on his magic somewhat as he looked around the room. Within seconds the older gentleman found himself drawn to the mirror.

"Hang on a second folks." Jalins said as he narrowed his eyes.


OOC:
Knowledge rolls


Jalmin walked over closer to the mirror.

"It is enchanted. I can't tell to what end, but it is definitely magical." Jalmin said a touch of worry rising to the surface of his voice.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:50, Sun 03 Jan.

Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 141 posts
 HP: 22/22 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 20:53
(IC) The Asylum
Zil nodded.

"If we can't find out more about it, let's steer clear of it. Could you use your traveling cloak to cover it maybe? Just to be safe?"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 20:54, Wed 13 Jan.

Valril Clay Yeldithas
 Half-Elf Rogue, 21 posts
 -Clay-
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 22:00
(IC) The Asylum
Clay turns as the wizard speaks. He was already half way out of the room. Then asks "Should we try to break it just in case? Or is it bed luck?"
He smiles at his own comment. "I can imagine a horrible monster attacking our back using that mirror as a magic door. We should be careful with it."
Jalmin Vulast
 Human Wizard, 24 posts
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 00:01
(IC) The Asylum
"I would hate to destroy it, when we do not know what it does. It could be something that we want, or need for that matter." Jalmin said as he removed his travelers coak.

"But Zilyana is right, if it is a scying device, obscuring sight is a good idea." the mage said as he draped his cloak over the mirror.
Voren Ironson
 Dwarf Barbarian, 79 posts
 I'm 400 pounds of ANGRY
 In a 200 pound Dwarf
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 01:50
(IC) The Asylum
Ironson nods at the conclusion the others come to with the magic mirror.

"Hopefully that is enough.
Which way should we go now?"

Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 142 posts
 HP: 22/22 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 19:51
(IC) The Asylum
Zil looks to Clay, "I trust your judgment Clay. Which way do you think?"
Valril Clay Yeldithas
 Half-Elf Rogue, 22 posts
 -Clay-
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 20:53
(IC) The Asylum
"Let's keep the order we were following. So the next one should the the room on the right." Clay says with not a lot of conviction. He has no other preference other than being methodic in the way they check the rooms.
He moved to the next room and as done before he checks the door before touching it, then listens for sounds on the other side and then tries to open it if everything seems OK.

20:53, Today: Valril Clay Yeldithas rolled 22 using 1d20+12 ((10)).

This message was last edited by the player at 12:26, Fri 15 Jan.

Jalmin Vulast
 Human Wizard, 25 posts
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 08:29
(IC) The Asylum
Jalmin followed Clay out of the mirror room and into the hall as he examined the door to the next room.
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 143 posts
 HP: 22/22 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Fri 15 Jan 2021
at 20:25
(IC) The Asylum
Zil clapped Jalmin on the back as he left "Good job on that mirror" Zil said as she followed behind him.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:25, Fri 15 Jan.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 803 posts
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 13:38
(IC) The Asylum
The gunslinger notices the others as he remains silent. He goes to the next door, glancing at the rogue. Neither of them do not hear anything odd. The next room is small and has three chairs and a table. The door does have a lock but has been broken some time ago.
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 144 posts
 HP: 22/22 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 13:47
(IC) The Asylum
"You okay Cullen?" Zil said as she moved from one room to the other.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:47, Sat 16 Jan.

Jalmin Vulast
 Human Wizard, 26 posts
Sun 31 Jan 2021
at 15:33
(IC) The Asylum
Jalmin stopped and looked back into the other room, "You guys coming?"
Voren Ironson
 Dwarf Barbarian, 80 posts
 I'm 400 pounds of ANGRY
 In a 200 pound Dwarf
Sun 31 Jan 2021
at 17:44
(IC) The Asylum
The dwarf Shrugs and follows Jalmin Vulast
Valril Clay Yeldithas
 Half-Elf Rogue, 23 posts
 -Clay-
Sun 31 Jan 2021
at 22:46
(IC) The Asylum
Clay approaches the table and the chairs and check if the table or chairs have been used recently or if there is any clue on the table that is worth mentioning.

22:43, Today: Valril Clay Yeldithas rolled 16 using 1d20+12.  Perception.

He looks at the rest "Well, any suggestion?"
Jalmin Vulast
 Human Wizard, 27 posts
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 13:38
(IC) The Asylum
Jalmin holds up his hand, implying "One minute" to Clay and then turns back to the room they all had just exited.

You two okay in here?" Jalmin said looking over Zil and Cullen
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 147 posts
 HP: 22/22 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Mon 1 Feb 2021
at 17:00
(IC) The Asylum
Zilyana nodded and followed Jalmin into the next room.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 807 posts
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 02:56
(IC) The Asylum
The gunslinger watches the others peer into the room. He then turns and stares at the cleric, gripping his musket. He shrugs, eyes narrowed. He then decides to go further down the hallway as it seems no one seems interested in the room besides Clay. The rogue doesn't seem to find anything odd. Just a layer of dust and some dirt as if no one went in there for quiet some time. Same as the last room with a mirror on the opposite side. The last room has a closed door.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:08, Thu 11 Feb.

Valril Clay Yeldithas
 Half-Elf Rogue, 24 posts
 -Clay-
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 17:31
(IC) The Asylum
Clay leaves the dusty room and heads for the last one at the and of the corridor. If noone sees anything suspicious he will not challenge it. He does not understand neither the arcane or the divine signals, and the room apparently did not have any mundane ones. "Let's have a look at the next one..."

Once he reaches the new door he looks closely to make sure there is nothing odd in the door, and that no noises come from the room behind the door.

If he sees nothing suspicious he tries to open it.

17:30, Today: Valril Clay Yeldithas rolled 27 using 1d20+12 ((15)).
Jalmin Vulast
 Human Wizard, 31 posts
Thu 11 Feb 2021
at 12:57
(IC) The Asylum
Jalmin waits impatiently as Clay opens the door. The wizard begins to case as spell, to aid in his uneasiness.


OOC: Activating Detect Magic

Dungeon Master
 GM, 813 posts
Mon 15 Feb 2021
at 14:53
(IC) The Asylum
The door is indeed locked as the rogue checks it for traps, and the mage seems to pick up magical essesens from the mirror in the room. Cullen rests his weapon as he glances down the hallway. The end is a brick wall so there is just three doors-the two the group checked out and the last locked up. The barbarian seems to get impatient and goes back to the middle area, checking out the hall away from them but remains where he is. He glances up at the stairs leading upwards and at the closed double doors.
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 149 posts
 HP: 22/22 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Mon 15 Feb 2021
at 19:11
(IC) The Asylum
Zilyana moves into the hall and looks over Clay as he prepares to work his magic on the door. Zil touches Clay's elbow and discharges a bit of divine energy into the rogue.

"Be careful Clay" the cleric says as she uses her Bit of Luck ability.


OOC:
Domain: Luck
Granted Power: Bit of Luck (Sp): You can touch a willing creature as a
standard action, giving it a bit of luck. For the next round, any time
the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable
result.

You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 +
your Wisdom modifier. 7 of 8 left.


Valril Clay Yeldithas
 Half-Elf Rogue, 25 posts
 -Clay-
Tue 16 Feb 2021
at 22:42
(IC) The Asylum
Clay turns as Ziyana touches his elbow "You know, I could say I am always careful, but those are the times where the trap with dozens of poisoned spikes fall from the ceiling."
He then looks up with half a smile, takes his lockpicking tools, stops for a second to look up again with no longer the smile in his face (he doesn't want to jinx it with his words). Finally he takes his tools and tries to pick the lock of the door.

22:40, Today: Valril Clay Yeldithas rolled 21 using 1d20+12.  Pick the lock.