(IC) The Asylum.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 539 posts
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 11:37
(IC) The Asylum

A massive building looms above you. Covered in deep snow, there seems to be no signs of life within. A cold wind blows across the night sky. There seems to be a small stable for horses but looks worn down. Another cold breeze blows across the wayward people.

OOC
Make a Listen and Spot check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:20, Thu 16 Apr 2020.

Voren Ironson
 Dwarf Barbarian, 9 posts
 I'm 400 pounds of ANGRY
 In a 200 pound Dwarf
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 13:03
(IC) The Asylum
Ironson was walking in the front, ready to engage any danger they encountered in melee.

When they arrived at the asylum, he calmly looks around. Taking in his surroundings and noting anything unusual.


ooc: 07:55, Today: Voren Ironson rolled 20 using 1d20+6.  Perception roll for Ironson.
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 16 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 17 Spl: 3/3
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 13:47
(IC) The Asylum
Zilyana follows closely behind Voren, although the gnome was dwarfed (no pun intended) by the--er, well dwarf's bulk she seemed to be of a confident sort. Confident in her skills and the skills of her comrades.




OOC: Zilyana Blackbriar rolled 28 using 1d20+8.  Perception Check.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:48, Wed 03 June 2020.

Maenwyn Duvainiel
 Elf Wizard, 15 posts
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 21:22
(IC) The Asylum
Maenwyn walked in the path left by Voren's passage with her massive dog Cooshy by her side.  She pulled her heavy cloak tight against the icy wind, and gripped Cooshy's pack to balance herself.  As they approached, she looked over the large stone building with its dilapidated stable.

17:15, Today: Maenwyn Duvainiel rolled 29 using 1d20+9.  perception.

Oriana Corvo
 Tiefling Rogue, 26 posts
 Uses for Knifes: dicing,
 fillets, and stabbing.
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 23:09
(IC) The Asylum
Oriana was taking up the rear for now, even though that was probably the worst place for her to be if trouble arrived. Not that Gent cared in the slightest, he was going to march next to the front as long as they where outside regardless of where Oriana was.

She spoke softly enough for only the party to hear."So shall we knock or surprise our potential host?"


10:29, Today: Oriana Corvo rolled 19 using 1d20+7.  Lv 2 Oriana Peception check.
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 19 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 14:36
(IC) The Asylum
"I'll do the honors." Zilyana said with a smile as she moved to the massive stone entryway of the manor.

The further the gnome got away from her companions the more the weight of uncertainty seemed to materialize and manifest in her stride and within Zilyana's spirit. She never seemed afraid, however. She confidently extended her arm to knock.

*Knock-knock-knock-knock-knock, knock, knock*

She stepped back from the door and merely waited. She thought for a moment and then adopted a pleasant smile.
Cullen Culverin
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 14:41
(IC) The Asylum
The gunslinger watches the group for a moment, adjusting the gun wrapped up to protect it from the winters touch. He moves through the snow at a decent pace and glances at the looming building. Cullen pulls out a small box, adjusts it and puts the cigar to his mouth and lights it. Bad habit. Course getting on his bad side is another bad habit in itself.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 595 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 14:48
(IC) The Asylum
After a few moments, no one comes to the door to answer. Its eerily quiet.

Both of the dogs seems to be getting very edgy.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:38, Fri 05 June 2020.

Voren Ironson
 Dwarf Barbarian, 11 posts
 I'm 400 pounds of ANGRY
 In a 200 pound Dwarf
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 20:52
(IC) The Asylum
Ironson stares at the window upstairs where he thinks he saw something.

"Well. There is something in there. But it doesn't want to answer the door for us. We'll Just have to let ourselves in."

With that, Ironson grasps his hammer from where it was hanging off his backpack and opens the door. He peers inside with his darkvision for anything that would be scared off by the light. Hammer ready for any unwelcome surprises

OOC:15:52, Today: Voren Ironson rolled 13 using 1d20+6.  Perception roll for Ironson.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 599 posts
Sat 6 Jun 2020
at 15:39
(IC) The Asylum
The door can be opened with some muscles but the dwarf can get it easily enough.
Cullen Cole Culverin
 Dhamphir Gunslinger, 4 posts
Sat 6 Jun 2020
at 20:41
(IC) The Asylum
Glancing around, the dhamphir looks at the dwarf peering inside. He places a hand on the gnomes shoulder as he breathes out cold air. The man removes his hand and starts to move down the outside of the building for a few yards.
Voren Ironson
 Dwarf Barbarian, 13 posts
 I'm 400 pounds of ANGRY
 In a 200 pound Dwarf
Sat 6 Jun 2020
at 21:06
(IC) The Asylum
"Well. It looks clear enough for now. Let's head in"

Ironson opens the door and heads inside, expecting the others to follow him in.
Cullen Cole Culverin
 Dhamphir Gunslinger, 5 posts
Sat 6 Jun 2020
at 22:11
(IC) The Asylum
Nodding his head, the quiet gunslinger stays where he is, watching the area outside. He grips his gun tightly, and waits to see who is going inside.
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 20 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 09:49
(IC) The Asylum
Zilyana waited for some of her other companions to pile into the manor before she slipped in, with Cullen close behind her. She had drawn her falchion and the weapon reflected flickering wisps of light about the room from its polished, honed-blade.

Seeing these motes reflected, Zilyana closed the door slowly and silently before she proceeded. Her eyes darted about the inner foyer for signs of life: the smell of food, perfume or the lingering hints of a used fireplace.




OOC: Today: Zilyana Blackbriar rolled 16 using 1d20+10.  Perception within Foyer (for signs of "life").

This message was last edited by the player at 09:51, Sun 07 June 2020.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 601 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2020
at 00:01
(IC) The Asylum
Its a simple room. A door is on either side on the right and left and one bout 60' from the front door. The floor has black and white tiles and the walls look like some type of wood. A deck is near the door further back with a small gate that is close. Its about 3'. The room itself is about 15' wide and about 30' long.

The gunslinger doesn't go in but the cleric ventures into the room as well as the dwarf.
Maenwyn Duvainiel
 Elf Wizard, 16 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2020
at 23:03
(IC) The Asylum
Maenwyn took a torch from her pack and it burst alight.  Then she spoke a mystic phrase while pointing at the torch, and it floated from her hand.  After that, she notched an arrow, and followed the dwarf and gnome.  "well, come along," she said to the torch, and it followed her bobbing in the air.
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 21 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Mon 8 Jun 2020
at 23:10
(IC) The Asylum
Zilyana's face blossomed with amazement as the light flowered within the darkened room and sent shadows skittering about the room.

"Woooow! So cool!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 603 posts
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 01:10
(IC) The Asylum
The torch is dropped to the ground, still lighting up the room as the wizard notches a arrow. Nothing seems odd. A cold breeze blows into the room from the still open doorway as the cleric, wizard and barbarian look around.
Oriana Corvo
 Tiefling Rogue, 30 posts
 Uses for Knifes: dicing,
 fillets, and stabbing.
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 02:57
(IC) The Asylum
Oriana had gotten uncharacteristically lost in thought staring at the architecture, it reminded her of the makeshift library in her village where she found her first cook book. More do the wear and tear that comes with time then the actual details of the building, but she must have been doing that thing where she twitches her tail when lost in thought. Because Gent decided it was time to play and clearly that tail must be a TOY. *crunch* "Agh! Gent, we'll play when the jobs done." She pats his head to encourage him to let go, and rejoins the party. Seeing everyone on paranoida mode she draws her Scimitar and enters the room, keeping an eye out for any details that feel off.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 607 posts
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 12:01
(IC) The Asylum
The room just seems dark and forboding, but perhaps it wasn't before. Hard to tell. With the group minus the gunslinger moving around the area, three of them stop for a moment.
Voren Ironson
 Dwarf Barbarian, 16 posts
 I'm 400 pounds of ANGRY
 In a 200 pound Dwarf
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 16:59
(IC) The Asylum
Ironson glares at the ceiling for a bit before saying.

"I think we should go through the right door first. that seems as good as any other direction. "
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 24 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 17:29
(IC) The Asylum
Zilyana nodded once as she looked up at the ceiling. She was certain she heard something.
"Did anyone else hear that?" the gnome said as she followed closely behind Voren.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 611 posts
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 18:42
(IC) The Asylum
The wizard decides to find out where the gunslinger is and holds the torch to the rogue before stepping outside. She keeps looking up at the ceiling and seems spooked.
Zilyana Blackbriar
 Gnome Cleric, 27 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17 Spl: 4/4
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 16:24
(IC) The Asylum
Zilyana began to move toward the right door which Zoren had mentioned. She walked as silently as the old wood of the building would allow, her arms were tense and her glaive was held high.
Oriana Corvo
 Tiefling Rogue, 31 posts
 Uses for Knifes: dicing,
 fillets, and stabbing.
Sun 14 Jun 2020
at 00:44
(IC) The Asylum
Oriana took the torch delicately with her tail, and carefully insured it remained upright. She snuck up to Zily and Voren and whispers. "Any chance either of you want the torch? I don't need light...has anyone checked the desk?" She points to the desk.

14:38, Wed 10 June: Oriana Corvo rolled 11 using 1d20+7.  Perception .
19:38, Today: Oriana Corvo rolled 24 using 1d20+8.  Gent the dog's perception.
19:34, Today: Oriana Corvo rolled 12 using 1d20+9.  Stealth roll J.I.C.