A road through Moth.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 264 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 13:52
A road through Moth
When the ladder slammed down she raised her hand and waved in the direction of the scholar. It was a relief that they had a quick way back to the presumed safety of the cathedral as well as quick access back to the entry hall from which the library and the rest of the castle could certainly be accessed. It was just unfortunate that the hall and the library were guarded by a dragon and a wraith respectively. It was uncomfortable thinking about how close those monsters actually were.

If nothing else it was a good reminder that the castle had fallen to monsters which were never far away.

"Wonderful! I'll go wait by the fountain." She had no idea the condition of the town but she presumed something was happening since the others had still been out there when they entered the hallway. In her fatigued state she couldn't muster up the will to go behold a tragedy that she at the moment did not have the strength to do anything about.

"Just to make sure they find their way here safely and not go wandering about looking for us."

With a last lingering looking at the great hall she turned around to go sit by the pound.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:56, Sat 08 Sept 2018.

Dylan
 player, 39 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 14:08
A road through Moth
Dylan walked in through the window after Esther, obviously more than a little confused... he looks around before addressing Amanda, "What boy?", he asks.  "Are you the lady of the castle?", he also asks, not wanting to be rude to whomevers hospitality was being encroached upon, though confused as to why the owner of the castle would allow the roaming of monsters and demons...
Esther
 player, 231 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 14:29
A road through Moth
Esther slowly stood up and adjusted her clothes and gear before turning her attention towards others. "I think she means you, kid." Esther grinned. "You are one of the townsfolk?" Esther asked from the youngster and pointed her thumb at her chest. "I'm Esther, one of those outsiders who came to the town few days ago." She introduced herself, before giving him a inquisitive smirk "Care to explain what that flying was about? I've seen plenty of bullshit for one day to deal with a demon possessed kid." Her voice was light spirited despite of the content of her words.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:52, Sat 08 Sept 2018.

Dylan
 player, 40 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 14:44
A road through Moth
Dan quirked an eyebrow, "Hi Esther, I'm Dylan, and no, I am not a villager... I was stuck in that fog out there for days, attacked by all sorts of monsters which is why my clothes are so tattered with more holes than a slice of cheese.  Some older man with a trimmed beard and funny hat found me, saving me from a hoard of such beasts, and sent me here... as for the flying, well... there's no way to prove it's not demonic, but it's not.  Sometimes I can just do it... othertimes I try and it doesn't work...", he adds with a shrug, "What about you, you using demons to run up walls?  Or isn't it just better if I accept you for who you are, and not what you are capable of being?  I honestly just want to go home, not looking for any trouble... but the man said to come here, so here I am... He saved my life, it's the least I could do... especially if he's concerned for you and believes you need my help.", he adds matter of factly, trying to appear helpful because he was more scared to be without companions than he cared to show.
Esther
 player, 232 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 15:13
A road through Moth
Esther laughed shortly before answering. "You want to go home and you can fly? What is stopping you?" She gave a short chuckle before trying to answer with more serious tone. "My acrobatics was a result of rigorous training to control one's inner energy, no demons involved." She explained to Dylan. She spent a moment to refresh her memory if she ever had seen a man with funny hat. "I'm sorry, but I think I've not met a man with such characteristics."

She turned her attention towards Amanda for short moment. "We didn't see those stone monsters the time we entered the castle, are they roaming freely within inner courtyard?"
GM
 GM, 460 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 15:30
A road through Moth
"Lady of the castle? No, I wouldn't live in this dump even if the Empress herself requested that of me. I'd be offended at that point. I am Saint Amanda Vermilius, and this is Sir Constantantines, my guardian from the Heaven Order." She presented herself with a wide grin on her face as she performed a curtsy. "And if you are likely to die before making it out of the fog again. The monsters are much more vigilant when their dinner is trying to get away."
Amanda turned her attention to Esther when she brought up the things on the courtyard. "So I've heard, Dragos has told of them before. This is the first time I'm witnessing them. Apparently they are good dogs and won't leave their yard." Amanda jested.

Constantines let out an heavy sigh as he looked to the outside. "We'll have to deal with them at some point, that would give us a free access from our resting place to the outside of the castle."
Esther
 player, 233 posts
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 07:30
A road through Moth
Esther looked at Amanda with amused smile. "There's a new title! I'm going to have hard time trying to call our little devil a saint from all things." She teased Amanda. "All these introductions just makes me feel stupid. Now everyone is stuck using my pseudonym." She added and sighed in frustration and started making her way to the great hall. "It is good idea to deal with those statue monsters sooner or later, otherwise townsfolk who flee here are going to get pancaked by them." She acknowledged Constantines idea.
GM
 GM, 461 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 17:11
A road through Moth
"I'll enjoy the sights while they last." Amanda said as Esther exited the room and went back to the main hall. Bella came back to the hall too after a moment and leaned next to the door leading to the caged pathway. "Was the town still burning?" She asked when she saw Esther approaching.
Esther
 player, 234 posts
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 17:23
A road through Moth
"Yeah. A flying boy told us that villagers have started a witch hunt rampage and are burning the town." Esther explained with wide grin in her face. Rarely she could explain the situation with words like that. "I hope they don't burn the whole town up or the castle might become too crowded to my liking."

Esther walked to meet Bella and Liliana and sat down to edge of the fountain without giving more detailed explanation.
Dylan
 player, 41 posts
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 17:31
A road through Moth
Dylan nodded to Amanda as she introduced herself, before asking, "So, what exactly are we doing here?  If the Lord or Lady of the castle is not here, should we not leave until they return?  And does anyone have any idea what's preventing this fog from dissipating?".
GM
 GM, 462 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 17:57
A road through Moth
"A flying boy? Seems that the events have a way of dragging all the weird ones out of hiding." Bella laughed. "As long as they don't come disturbing me or my quarters, let them come. Food will become scarce quite quickly though if that happens."

"The lady and lord Rugesn disappeared months ago, I'm certain they won't be coming back anymore." Amanda dragged her index finger across her throat to emphasize the point she was trying to make.

Sir Constantines shook his head to Dylan's questions. "We are surviving, hoping to find means to end all this. No one knows why anything here is happening. Mister Belrose has been researching the reason behind it probably since everything started three months ago. This castle is a prison as much as it is a safe heaven. I'll rather spend my time here than become yet another in the town that vanished without tracks. At least I'll be able to see the monster face to face before meeting my demise."
Dylan
 player, 42 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 12:46
A road through Moth
Dylan tilted his head a bit... so basically we're all just a bunch of vagrants in a dead person's house..., he thought to himself as he looked back out the window.  "Well, seems we should work together and start by killing a demon or two.  Impossible to properly live or investigate, if under the cover of fear.", he suggested as he looked for where the two figures had gotten off to.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 266 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 15:16
A road through Moth
Liliana sat idly watching the water in the pond when Esther returned. A visible shiver went through her when the witch hunt was mentioned. "A boy? Flying?" That was ridiculous, humans weren't meant to fly. Even if she had delved into arts not meant for men herself the idea of a human flying just seemed impossible. "The town may well be naught but ashes tomorrow." She said mirthlessly. Fire was a real hazard at the best of times.

"We found a quick path back to the cathedral hall. Well, Bella did." She made a gesture towards the caged pathway. Sighing she leaned forward onto her hands she stared at the stone floor.

"Hey Bella. You know many things, right? Do you know anything about the sleeping sickness?" It wasen't a much happier topic to change into while they waited for the others but right now it was a little more distant.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:18, Mon 10 Sept 2018.

GM
 GM, 463 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 15:41
A road through Moth
"Be my guest." Amanda said with a cold tone in her voice.

"Ahem, what she means is, we have been clearing the castle for some time now. Couple months. One of our companions is badly wounded while we already lost two during earlier encounters..." Constantines explained with a grim expression. "Clearing the yard will have to wait, we aren't in the best fighting form after today's encounters."

"Mh? I know something about it. Why?" Bella turned her attention to Liliana.
Esther
 player, 235 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 15:57
A road through Moth
"I don't lie about flying boys." Esther laughed and looked to direction which Liliana pointed. "Handy! I was about to suggest that we fall back for now, I could still spend some time training after this fiasco of a day." She smiled to only success they had managed to score during their exploration.

She stayed quiet, allowing Liliana and Bella to converse about the sleeping sickness, before speaking to Liliana. "When I was outside, I saw two large monsters that looked like statues. Sir Constantines explained that they were guarding the inner courtyard. If the village is indeed burning to crisp, there might be ton of people trying to seek refuge here..." She explained and stood up. "Many of them might end up dead unless we clear path for them... But are we in that shape to go out there right now?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 267 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 20:07
A road through Moth
"You do?" Liliana perked up and focused on Bella. "It is the reason I... the reason I've been traveling. My home town is badly struck by the disease. We lack any means of treatment but it was my hope that one could be found among the science of the west or the miracles of the east."

"After talking with doctor Szarvas, the former seems unlikely now. I've come to believe the sickness may instead be some manner of curse upon our people and the answer to be found in darker places." If Bella knew something, perhaps she had been right. The answer lay among witches and demons. Despite trying to temper her expectations she couldn't keep a note of rising hope out of her voice as she spoke.


"You really shouldn't be exerting yourself." By the looks of it the poison had run it's course but she still worried for Esther. "But if it is as you say, perhaps we must. We could try clearing a path and lead people here through the basement. The cathedral might be somewhat safer than the woods, if they don't wander." Townspeople on the hunt for witches, the castle wasn't becoming safer anytime soon.
Esther
 player, 236 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 20:23
A road through Moth
Esther shook her head. "Now when I think about it. I don't believe that villagers would want to stay here. Remember that strange giant at the sanctuary? They would most likely deem us as monsters for sharing a castle with them." She laughed to her own words and glared towards the meeting room. "You are right, I've already extended my luck in this state. Lets just hope that our saint and knight don't plan to push forward today."

Esther strolled around the fountain, waiting for Constantines and Amanda to show up.
Dylan
 player, 44 posts
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 14:30
A road through Moth
With Esther gone, Dylan sat in the window they'd entered from, looking out into the courtyard, trying to piece together what all was going on.  He searched the yard for the demons, hand at his side where he'd been injured earlier.  The sting was still felt from both the stinger he'd taken in the side, and the various pecks the ravens had inflicted upon him.  Finally he swung off from the window sill, and followed in the direction that Esther had headed.
GM
 GM, 465 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 19:25
A road through Moth
The creatures that had chased you in the inner yard were gone. There was no trace of them even having been there.

Constantines and Amanda came approximately ten minutes after Dylan had arrived to the main hall where rest of the group resided.

"So this is the lost lamb?" Bella asked curiously. "And unfortunately I have to say that I don't know that much. You actually sound like you have done more research on it than I have, I'm afraid. I do know someone who could treat any kind of curse or disease, but their help is out of our reach and I'm not sure if they would be willing to help you or your village."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:27, Tue 11 Sept 2018.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 268 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 22:25
A road through Moth
A little disappointed Liliana looked away from Bella and focused instead on Dylan. It was heartening at least that there were people out there who could treat any kind of curse or disease.

"Hello there." This was the flying boy? Younger than her she judged but already taller. He looked like he had been through a lot of late, which she had no trouble believing.

What she couldn't quite believe however was the flying part but it would explain how he had come from the balcony this high up in the castle. "I am Liliana. Are you the one who has the town all up in flames?" A flying person would certainly be enough to set of a witch hunt, if a crowd formed that dared face a witch.
Dylan
 player, 45 posts
Wed 12 Sep 2018
at 09:03
A road through Moth
Dylan shook his head, "She exaggerates, I'm afraid.  Was more of a really high jump...", he lied, trying to get people off of him as the topic.  "Town was on fire when we approached, haven't even been in the town save to run throught it to the castle.", he continued more truthfully.  "I'm Dylan, by the way, pleased to meet you.", he answered as he looked at the fountain itself.  Then louder so the others could hear he asked, "What can we do to make it safer for people to get here then?  I'm all for helping however I can.".
Esther
 player, 237 posts
Wed 12 Sep 2018
at 13:57
A road through Moth
Esther turned her attention towards Dylan after he expressed his want to help. "Can you fight or defend yourself?" She asked and pointed towards the first floor where the dragon was. "This castle is full of blood thirsty monsters. If you feel like you can handle that, welcome aboard!"

While still waiting for Amanda and her knight, Esther walked next to Bella and whispered. "That blood was not hers. Looks like our little saint just likes to explode people into tiny bits or something." She explained to her. "What as kept you from joining others in that sanctuary. It is Dragos isn't it?" She smirked at Bella.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 269 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Wed 12 Sep 2018
at 18:40
A road through Moth
"Is that so?" She said doubtfully. A person who could allegedly fly came straight from a town in the middle of witch hunt and had nothing to do with said hunt? That sounded unlikely. Perhaps he really couldn't fly, that she found easy to believe. Either way there were no way for her to know the truth of what had happened outside and he did say he wanted to help the people of the town.

A chuckle escaped her lips when Esther mentioned Dragos.

"Well. There is the way we came here by, through the basement connecting the castle and the servant quarters. If the horrors there could be vanquished it would be a path in an out, although a gruesome one."

"On your way through the town, did you see what had become of the inn?"
Dylan
 player, 46 posts
Thu 13 Sep 2018
at 07:46
A road through Moth
Dylan pointed to his injuries, where blood still clotted on his clothes and revealed skin through many holes.  He looked like he'd been through a shredder and somehow survived, "I can fight, yes, but not currently in the condition to. However, I don't think Melee is the answer... we need to remove the threats, not engage them.  Or if we engage, we need to do it from a defensible position, with ranged attacks.", he responded to Esther before Liliana asked about the Inn.

Dylan shook his head and sort of shrugged at the same time, "If I did, I didn't know it was an Inn... As I said, I really just came out of the swamp, guided by some older man who told me to run here.  I ran... I didn't pay attention to what was where.", he replied to Liliana.
GM
 GM, 467 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 13 Sep 2018
at 13:17
A road through Moth
Ooc: New thread made for posting, continue in there and let this one be from now on.