A road through Moth.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 3 posts
Mon 12 Jun 2017
at 23:14
A road through Moth
The baron's soldiers halted as their leader greeted the leader of the mercenary band ahead. It's hard to hear what they are talking about from the back of the group, but the caged cart seems to imply that you will be travelling in different company though you still don't know where.
Baron's soldiers have been strict and have forbidden you to talk to each other and you have mostly seen glimpses of one another during your short transporting from Lukka.

As the two commanders speak, one of the baron's soldiers rides slowly past you while speaking loudly. "All right you scum bags, off from your horses and start walking forward. I want you all in a nice line for your new friends to see." The man looks up to the gigantic man among the group as he passes him by. "Yes this applies to you too big guy, get moving!"

You walk towards the small encampment manned with what seems to be around dozen soldiers. As you assemble to a neat line next to each other the leader of the mercenaries turn to you with a clip board and a quill in his hands.
The man seems to be in his thirties, his short black hair cleanly combed to the back and his beard seems to be freshly shaved to goatee as it reveals a deep scar in his left check. He sternly looks at the list and looks up to you and immediately fixates his sight onto the hulking man standing nearly twice of his size. It takes a while for him to recover from the initial shock but finally he clears his throat and says his first words to you. "Well I did hear that we were going to be transferring a large fellow with us. I guess that explains the oddly large cage." He marks something down on the clip board and continues. "So, I want every one of you to give me your name and homeland. Don't be shy now, we haven't got all day."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:34, Wed 21 June 2017.

Esther
 player, 2 posts
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 16:38
A road through Moth
Esther turns her eyes to the sky and replies, "Esther, I don't have homeland."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:42, Wed 21 June 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 2 posts
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 17:57
A road through Moth
The girl appeared to be about twenty years of age and was on the rather short end of height for her age. Even those of normal height tended to tower above her. Her shoulder length black hair looked rather disheveled from lack of care over several days. A pair of brown eyes slowly scanned across the surroundings with a dejected look. Her clothes were simple and functional made to weather the damp and chilly climate of Moth.

Liliana couldn't rightly claim she didn't deserve to be here as she had broken several laws. Despite this she couldn't help but feel a deep sense of unfairness at her situation. "My name is Liliana Van Der Aart." She said with a resigned tone. "I'm from Moth."
Thothum Arha
 player, 3 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 20:09
A road through Moth
Standing almost twice as tall as any of the horses, and easily outweighing some of them, the dark-skinned brute was, indeed, a 'big guy.' Thothum had heard the term before on a number of occasions, and had thought of it as a nickname of sorts when he didn't have other nicknames to consider. How this guard had figured out one of his nicknames was beyond Thothum, but many things were. So, as he took his place in line, he was quiet at first, trying to puzzle out where he'd seen the guard before, or who might've told him.

He wasn't dressed for any kind of weather. He had never been a wealthy giant, and finding clothes that fit someone the size of a house was difficult, so Ellona had had cothes made for him, though only one outfit had survived. That was little more than a pair of shorts, and a tunic that could've functioned as a tent; both were brown, and looked itchy, but Thothum didn't seem to mind. He was much more focused on figuring out where the guard had learned his nickname from. It bugged him. Nagged at him. Probly knows Ellona, he thought, just in time for the question from the guard captain to come to him.

"I am Thothum," Thothum said in a voice as thick as a wooden table, and as smooth as one too. His accent was hard to place, and even harder since he looked as though he were having trouble with the second part of the question. He was scanning the surroundings, looking for a familiar landmark of some kind, but couldn't find one besides the road. So, that would have to do. "I am from that way. Big building. Red. Cannot miss it." And, upon saying so, extended a finger the size of a man's hand in that direction. Whether or not the road actually pointed homewards was, at best, irrelevant, since as he pointed and thought more of Ellona, gone, his face fell. "But I am not from there no more."
Kyle Silver
 player, 2 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 20:25
A road through Moth
The young man in training clothes steps forward. He looks fit and athletic, dark medium hair, skin tanned due to the long hours under the sun and bright misterious eyes, he also has a confident way of walking. Kyle clears his throat before saying:

"I´m Kyle Silver, linebacker of the Markushias Watchers, from Phaion, I bet my team must be crazy looking for me now... oh, please, allow me"

He steps forward and swiftly takes the clipboard and quill and writes "With love, K. Silver #XIV" and a little sketch of a star.

"In a few years, this will be worth some coin"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:32, Wed 21 June 2017.

GM
 GM, 7 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 21:10
A road through Moth
The captain looks at Kyle baffled, not sure what to say in response. He looks at the clip board and then Kyle again obviously annoyed.
He sighs and turns his attention to the last of the prisoners who has yet to introduce himself. "Hey, you there! I'm not sure what interests you back there but I suggest you answer my question."

The light skinned man with chin length dark brown hair had been looking over his shoulder at the baron's men while standing in the line, possibly trying to listen what they were talking. He looked fairly young, maybe 25 at best and was wearing worn grey clothing with a black hooded cape that had a odd looking silver badge attached to it.
It takes him a moment to realise that the captain was talking to him and he quickly turned his attention to his direction.
"Lars, sir. Nothing more, nothing less. Eastern parts of Dalaborn, if that really maters."

"Right. Now listen up, I don't want to repeat myself. I am captain Fergus, the leader of this small group and that cage over there will be where you are going to spend your next few months."
Fergus points at the large cage on wheels that looks big enough to house an elephant as he eyes the group.
"I don't know what you have done to get into the situation you are in, but that really isn't my concern either. I'm being paid for delivering you and it would be best for all of you not to stir any trouble. I'm being paid on every single one of you individually and won't hesitate to take care of any trouble maker."
Fergus puts away the paper clip and quill and motions one of his men to come forth.
He brings five shackles with odd bluish decorations on them and Fergus picks one of them to his left hand. "My employer requested that you will be wearing these during our journey, so put your hands forth and once your chains are in place step into the cart."
Kyle Silver
 player, 3 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 21:47
A road through Moth
Kyle just realizes, you can´t win the championship if you don´t play.

"Eh-excuse me, but I think I deserve an explanation and I have a match to win in three days and*gets handcuffed* ...oh damn."

Deeps breathly, and looks at the big, big guy, whose wrists don´t look easy to fit in the shackles.

"Hey, down here, do you think they are going to give us some food soon?"
Thothum Arha
 player, 4 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 22:01
A road through Moth
Thothum obediently holds out his arms to be shackled. This was usually the point where someone tried to wrap some very large chains around him. It never worked. The bosses had always said 'Thothum. Thothum are you listening?' but after that they'd sometimes told him 'If anyone tries to cuff you, you let 'em. Then you just bust outta those chains and they won't ever try it again.' It had been good advice, Thothum thought, but now that Ellona was gone he wasn't certain if he was still supposed to follow the old boss's orders. Then the silver one spoke to him. Silver, he thought. Must have money. He was distracted-enough by the thought that he almost missed the actual question, but a primal instinct in Thothum's mind triggered at the word food and his massive stomach grumbled. It was hard to feed Thothum enough, and being a prisoner meant that rations were usually a bit thin.

"I hope for food too. You will pay for it?"
GM
 GM, 8 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 22:35
A road through Moth
One of the captain's men approaches Thothum and Kyle.
"You can converse with you new acquaintances in the cart. Step in mister giant, it's better for your travelling companions that you sit in the very end of the cage."
His voice sounds a bit nervous as he talks to Thothum, but he starts to guide the prisoners into the cage nonetheless.

As the cage door closes, the baron's men approach Fergus with a large package which extends to over three meters. The package is thick and round for the most part except for the almost disc like end.
Fergus scratches his head as he talks with them and shouts to his men. "You three, lift this on top of the cart and chain it so it stays put!"

Without further waiting the encampment is dismantled and the cart starts to move towards your unknown destination.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 4 posts
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 00:35
A road through Moth
The prospect of spending months within a cage had her spirit plummet further but there was nothing she could do but extend her arms and let herself be shackled. After making herself as comfortable as possible within the cage she gazed out across the all too familiar terrain that slowly rolled by. Spotting a tall bush that leaned over the road particularly close to the cart she reached out with her shackled hands and snapped up some of the plant. She discarded the leaves and brushed it clean of dust. There was always food to be found in the forest. Not that this much would do her any good.

Chewing on the stalk she regarded her fellow prisoners. There was no telling what heinous crimes they were her for. The giant in particular looked really scary. "I don't suppose anyone wants to sing a trail song…" Despite everything she might as well get to know them. It would be a long few months without anyone to talk to. "I'm Liliana Van Der Aart but I already said that. I was an apprentice herbologist." She took another bite of the plant stalk. "But then I wound up here." She found she didn't really want to talk about herself. "So... anybody have an idea of where they are taking us? The prisons in Dwanholf must be full." She said with a hint of concern.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:38, Thu 22 June 2017.

Esther
 player, 3 posts
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 12:48
A road through Moth
After uncomfortably adjusting her bonds; giving few rattles and pulls to her shackles Esther rises her head, slightly annoyed to her current condition. "These chains are way above the usual junk. Should we be honored for not being treated like a common cattle?" She ends her sentence with much more troubled tone.
GM
 GM, 9 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 14:38
A road through Moth
Lars, who has surprisingly well adjusted to his current predicament, casually shrugs while sitting against the cage bars with his eyes closed.
"There is no shortage of jails in Dwänholf. And if there would be, they'd just give the hangman more work."
He slightly chuckles and continues. "I'm not sure why or where we are heading, but someone sure is willing to spend lot of resources on us getting there."
Raising his cuffs slightly from his lap, Lars gives a look at what he has been tied with.
"I wonder..."
Thothum Arha
 player, 5 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 15:19
A road through Moth
Tracking conversations wasn't Thothum's strong suit. First there was something about songs, and then food, and then prison food, or at least that's how he'd heard it. He landed on the word wonder, and the idea that someone was spending a lot of money on them. "Ellona spend money on Thothum. Wonder if she doing this?" But he knew that was wrong. But if Ellona was alive then she would have saved him. But maybe this was saving him from the bad thing he did? But no. But...

Thothum adjusted himself a bit in the cage, rocking the whole thing a bit as he did. He was not comfortable in the cage, but comfort wasn't the idea. He looked up at the package on the roof. It reminded him of something, but best of all was that it was casting some shade on his face. That was good. The shadows were always a comfort.
GM
 GM, 10 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 18:18
A road through Moth
Lars gives a curious look at Thothum. "Ellona? Now who might that be? Some enemy of yours?"
Kyle Silver
 player, 4 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 22:58
A road through Moth
Driven by the conversation, Kyle joins: "If that is the case, I rather not be in that person's skin... By the way, I hardly believe none of you barely discuss this situation. You must definetely have done something. In my case it was just a bit off Church property destruction... with a ball. And breaking and entering afterwards... I had to retrieve the ball you know..."

Silence joins the moment briefly, just to be interrupted again:

"No, seriously, what have you done?" He tossed the question to the group.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:40, Sat 28 Oct 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 5 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 00:23
A road through Moth
"You destroyed Church property?" For but a moment disbelief and disgust was plain on her face. She briefly seemed conflicted before sagging down a little where she sat and simply said "That's bad luck." with a weak voice. "You should make a crown of lilies and place it on the altar of the church every morning on the last day of the week for a month. In the spring would be best."

She made a miserable sigh and looked down at the floor of the cage. "I stole from a market."
Thothum Arha
 player, 6 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 02:31
A road through Moth
Thothum managed to juggle the conversation long-enough to reply to both questions, though only one at a time. "I stole too. A lot of gold from a nice lady Thoth... I never saw before. Ellona was nice too. She was the boss. Not the first boss, but the last boss. She is dead. That is what they said." This satisfied Thothum, though he seemed troubled at having nearly said his own name instead of I, or maybe at Ellona being dead, or both. His frown could've swallowed a lesser man's face.
Esther
 player, 4 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 09:34
A road through Moth
Her eyes where clued to the forest line for the entire conversation, only after short silence she turns to others.
"Me?... I don't know the exact reason why they took me" Esther gives a short pause while she quickly glances over the guards who are escorting them, and then continues with slightly quieter tone. "I have plenty of reasons to be here..."
She stops to think something, but she doesn't continue. After a while she turns her head back to the forest. Seeking something with her eyes.
GM
 GM, 11 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 11:45
A road through Moth
Lars reaches for his pocket and searches it for a moment. "Right. They took them..." He sighs and turns to look at the group sharing his fate. "I'm here most likely for a murder or something like that. They never gave me a reason why they took me as prisoner but that's all I can think of."
Turning to look at one of the soldiers travelling behind the cart, Lars does a short whistle to gain his attention. "Hey, when do we get to do our business? You don't expect us to just sit here the whole trip, right?"
The soldier glances into his direction.
"When we stop for the night, you can visit the bushes under supervision."
Lars adjusts himself to lie on the cart's floor. "Guess I might as well take a nap then."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 6 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 13:53
A road through Moth
"Oh. That is. My condolences." Liliana said to Thothum before trailed off, unsure what further to say.

"That's what we did." She said turning her attention back towards Kyle "Some of us at least." She glanced quickly at Esther. "I'm not feeling much wiser as to why we are  here. It might not have anything to do with us specifically or our crimes." She couldn't see a reason why the Baron would be interested in her. Unless the private library had been his and he took intrusion very personally. "Maybe they are taking is to the far south. I have heard the barbarians there still practice slavery." Wasn't that a cherry thought. She focused inwards on the connection that was always present in the back of her mind. There was some comfort in knowing that she was never truly alone.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 13:53, Fri 23 June 2017.

Esther
 player, 5 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 14:41
A road through Moth
"If they would be taking us across the ocean, I wouldn't be here." Esther replies to Liliana and continues. "They captured me in Port Rue, there would be no reason for them to drag me here only to transport me back to the coast." She turns her head towards guards and mutters, "We just have to keep our eyes and ears open. Maybe our escort shows some signs or clues for our destination."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 7 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 15:14
A road through Moth
"That sounds sensible, perhaps not slavery then." It had been a scary but not very likely idea anyway. Taking Esther's suggestion she decided to wait and see I they could pick up some clues on the way. "You said you had a game in a few days. You play ball games?" She asked Kyle connecting the statement and the story of how he got landed here.
Kyle Silver
 player, 6 posts
 King of Eden
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 20:34
A road through Moth
Kyle suddenly turns his head, excitement sparking in his eyes.
"It is not ball games, Edén it is. And I don't play, I AM the game"
The guards shush him, and he loses the  composture.

"Or I will be. One day. Soon.. (and the people won't shut me up, they will cheer me...) what did you used to do for living Liliana?
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 9 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 20:49
A road through Moth
"Oh. Okay." Liliana looks mostly confused by Kyle's outbreak. "I was learning herbal lore from my mother and assisted her in her work."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:55, Fri 23 June 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 8 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 21:47
A road through Moth
Thothum, not having anything important to add to the conversation, did what he did best: He stayed quiet. Quiet and hungry. Mostly quiet, but also mostly hungry. Something to eat would've been great, and something more to eat would've been greater. Thothum liked food. Food was a good part of being in a gang, of having a boss. He had never been good at cooking, though he realized he'd never tried, though it seemed like it would be hard cause eggs were so small. He liked eggs though. Eggs were good.
GM
 GM, 13 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 11:59
A road through Moth
For a week the ride continued. The sleeping conditions weren't great and the food that was served was average at best, but at least the soldiers were treating you better than the baron's men. They weren't particularly friendly but as long as you behaved they didn't bother you and even at times would stop for a while if someone really had to go behind a bush. They would always still keep an eye on you even at nights and only trusted one of you out of the cage at time.

Around midday the cart suddenly stopped as one of the soldiers riding in the front had for some reason commanded so. Few men went forth as Fergus called them. Fifteen minutes later one of the men walked past the cart with expression of fear and disgust in his face and the convoy was still on hold.
Thothum Arha
 player, 9 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 16:38
A road through Moth
Thothum was hungry.

That was a little bit of an understatement. Thothum was practically starving at this point, or at least he felt like it. They'd fed him enough to keep him going, but he never felt like he was getting enough, and you're not you when you're hungry. So, Thothum had taken to the occasional shaking of the cage whenever he was feeling particularly hungry, which likely upset his fellow prisoners, and the guards, and the poor horses who had to drag the cage along. He was like a child, except that he was a child which could've lifted one of the horses and thrown it a fair distance if he wanted to. So, the guards didn't take their chances with starving him out. Luckily, they'd been fed shortly before the stop, and so there was no rocking to be had at the time.

This didn't mean that Thothum wasn't focused on food though when the guard came by with his pained expression, and so Thothum didn't really pay him much mind. He was thinking about how good a big tub of soup would be instead. "Mmmm... soup..."
GM
 GM, 14 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 17:20
A road through Moth
"You really are insatiable, aren't you?" Lars said as he tried to look what's happening in the front.
"Feeding yourself must cost a fortune."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 10 posts
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 00:17
A road through Moth
Falling asleep within the cage was hard but staying so was all too easy. Every passing morning brought the sense that time was slowly ticking out. The knowledge that she had more important things to be doing than sitting in a cage was nothing but a source of frustration. Even so all she could do was remain seated and idly indulge in the fantasy shared by all those imprisoned.

When the cart stopped she also tried catching a glimpse of what had drawn the guards to the front. Perhaps a tree had fallen across the road? "Hey!" She tried calling out to the returning guard that passed them. The look on him had her worried. It was always wise to worry about what lay ahead on the roads in her homeland. "Why have we stopped?"
Esther
 player, 6 posts
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 08:30
A road through Moth
Uneventful days of travel were one thing. That she could've tolerated for a month or so, but the trip was void of all distractions that she had used to. Only if guards had not found and confiscated her cards and dice. Not only that, but to see the guards playing with her cards and her dice was another level of torture.

When cart suddenly stopped, Esther turned to watch the situation to unfold. After few minutes had passed since some guards had sent forward, she finally snapped. "What is the holdup you insufferable slugs!" She shouted to remaining guards. "If this is the pace we are travelling, you might as well release us! We could find our way there faster!".
GM
 GM, 15 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 17:01
A road through Moth
The soldier kept walking as if he hadn't heard a thing. Suddenly he realizes that you were speaking to him and slowly turns to look at you. "I-i-it's... Nothing, nothing..." His face looks a little pale as he says this and he hurries past you.

Soon after Fergus' voice can be heard, ordering the convoy to move on. After a while sounds of flies buzzing starts to intensify and a unpleasant stench enters the air. It doesn't take you long to notice a pile of gore on the side of the road with a barely recognizable human hand sticking out of it.
The part of the road seems to be painted in blood and small pieces of corpses are still littered about. The soldier seem slightly nervous and on the edge as you continue along the road.
Thothum Arha
 player, 10 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 18:50
A road through Moth
Thothum doesn't mind the sight, perhaps because he's too slow to realize what's going on, or perhaps because he has reduced humans to similar piles of gore in the past. Still, the wheels in his mind began to turn as the wheels of the cart turned beneath them. Eventually, it dawned on him that he should wonder who or what had done that, and that he was hungry. Human flesh wasn't exactly his preference, but it had had to do at times. The smell was a bit rotten though, so that wouldn't taste very good. Behind all of this though was a desire not to make the angry one angrier. What was her name again? "Maybe we will stop to eat again soon," he said. "Then you will feel better." He directed this last comment to Esther with a smile that, despite all odds, seemed genuine and warm.
Esther
 player, 7 posts
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 19:42
A road through Moth
Esther turned her head away from pile of gore slightly disturbed. "That does not look like something that wildlife would do to someone?" She asked. She already knew that it was unlikely that local wildlife would do something like that, but then again local wolves didn't really appear as she would've thought them to be either.

"Oh I'm sure our guards are not stopping to feed us anytime soon after that sight" She replied to Thothum and returned to his smile with slight grin.
GM
 GM, 16 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 20:00
A road through Moth
"Who knows?" Lars said indifferently. "Maybe if you ask reaally nicely they will give you some mystery meat soup. They seem to have all ingredients ready to go anyway."
GM
 GM, 17 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 10:48
A road through Moth
The weather was getting slightly colder on the next day and the road ahead was foggy. There were no more macabre sightings, or at least not that you would have noticed. The mist was slowly getting thicker the further you travelled and during the evening when the soldiers stopped, Fergus walked up to the cage.
"So I thought that I might as well tell you the situation we are in. We are not rationing your food so strictly on purpose, we are making sure that we have enough supplies to make it to next village or town or whatever that we come across. But since we don't know Moth that well... Well since hardly anyone knows Moth that well, we have very little idea of the nearest settlement. The fog is making it almost impossible to see anything further away and there really aren't any road signs to guide us. We should be able to make it to Dürgabenh without a problem, though that does mean we have to take a detour."
He pondered for few seconds before casting his sight towards Liliana.
"Weren't you from Moth? Know any local settlements nearby?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 11 posts
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 20:21
A road through Moth
They should be close to the Gehena Forest now by her reckoning. On her way into Dwanholf she had also past close to the forests but if this was the same road she couldn't tell. All in all this was the closest things she'd ever get to familiar terrain outside her home village. "I've passed through this area before although I'm not well familiar with the roads." She allowed hesitantly. Sensible folk did not venture the roads unless they had to. "There was a large town called Felch that should be in the area."

"Not even the Zigeuners truly known the roads of Moth and nobody known the roads like the Zigeuner. Only one thing is certain, all roads in Moth lead somewhere. A well traveled one might just take us to Felch." She looked up towards the North-West. "Be weary of the road turning northward. We don't want to enter the Gehena Forests."

"...could we have some garlic hung up around the cage? Next time we stop?" She finished, perking up at the thought.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 20:24, Mon 26 June 2017.

GM
 GM, 18 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 23:14
A road through Moth
Fergus looked in to the same direction Liliana did while listening to her. He rubbed down his short beard clearly pondering on something, but soon turned his attention to her as he heard about the garlic.
"Garlic? What for?" Fergus seemed puzzled by this request. "And even if I wanted to put them hanging on the cage, we would still need to find a settlement and hope to buy garlic from there."
After a long pause he nodded as if confirming something to himself. "Felch huh? I guess we might as well try to locate it. Thank you for the advice."

The night was unpleasantly cold and echoes of what sounded like wolf howls could be heard from a distance. The soldiers on guard duty were silent and tense, listening in for even the quietest sounds. They would time to time be alerted by Thothum's movements in the cage but settled down just as quick.

When the traverse continued on the morning, the visibility has dropped significantly. From the cage you can barely see all four horses.
For hours you move on when suddenly a loud screech pierced the air. It sounded like no animal nor human you had heard before and chills started to run through your spines. The horses stop and neigh in fear as the soldiers start to try to calm them down. Some of the soldiers have drawn their swords and crossbows, preparing to fight whatever might be closing in.
Thothum Arha
 player, 11 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 01:32
A road through Moth
If there was one thing that could distract Thothum from the pain of hunger in his stomach, it was the thought of pain in other parts of his body due to battle. He'd gotten along so far with his superhuman ability to simply shrug off otherwise mortal wounds, but that didn't mean they didn't still hurt. Just the thought made him absently rub the top of his head, and then his forehead. An odd set of spaces for an itch at the moment. "You think if they kill it then we eat it?" Well, he wasn't entirely distracted from the food thing.
GM
 GM, 19 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 12:27
A road through Moth
"Unless that is some really splenetic moose, I'm not sure if it's good idea to eat it." Lars lifted himself up and leaned against the bars, trying to see what was happening.
Esther
 player, 8 posts
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 19:02
A road through Moth
Esther keened her senses and grabbed bars while looking into the mist. "Those bows wont help them much in this mist" She pointed out to Lars and inhaled her lungs full of cold and calming air.
GM
 GM, 20 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 19:30
A road through Moth
Lars kept staring at the back of one the soldiers and responded in almost whispering voice. "Possibly so, I can barely make up four of our entourage so recognizing anything before they get too close might be a problem."

Minutes passed by as the anxious soldiers wait for something to happen. After a while one of the soldiers walks by the cart, informing of plans to continue moving. Slowly the cart starts to move with the soldiers who still keep looking for any possible threats.
The day was uneventful beyond that. Soldiers only kept quiet chatter between themselves, other than that everything was eerily quiet. No birds, no animals, not even a wind. Nothing.

When the next morning arrives you don't wake up to the usual camp noises. Your sleep goes undisturbed and when you eventually do wake up, you are greeted by the fog and the silence. The fog is not as thick as it had been past few days and visibility was up to roughly 20 meters.
The camp site was a mess. Tents torn apart, trampled on the ground, personal belongings still about and blood covered the scene. No bodies or any signs of the soldiers were left in your sights.
Thothum Arha
 player, 12 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 23:56
A road through Moth
Thothum knew a bad situation when he saw one, but he also knew a worse one. The camp being in tatters was bad, but no one being around to feed him was worse. So, he did what any self-respecting giant who wasn't getting breakfast would: he decided that he was gonna get breakfast anyways. Not being the smallest of men, when Thothum flexed it was a sight to behold. His torso-sized arms became the size of tree trunks, and his face contorted with a look of concentration and anger that would've made a charging bull back down. When the chains snapped it wasn't exactly a surprise, but it was a little surprising that it took them so long. Almost as if they didn't realize they were supposed to have broken a second or two earlier. In the empty silence of a foggy Moth morning, it was almost like a gunshot.

Then, without missing a beat, Thothum turned himself to the nearest bars and, with no less effort, but to far greater effect, he grabbed three bars in each hand and simply pulled them apart like they were strings of beads. Again, the sound was consuming, but tolerable without the echoes. It took him a little maneuvering to get out, but as he did the cage bounced a little from the sudden change in weight distribution. As he stood, he reached up and grabbed the enormous parcel atop the cage. It had taken three - nearly four - men to lift it up that high, but he simply slid it off into one hand as though it were nothing, despite it somehow being larger than he was, which just didn't seem possible. When the cloth fell away, revealing an axe of exceptional design, Thothum looked surprised.

Its grip was wrapped in strips of leather from beasts that no longer lived in the world. Its twin-bladed head looked like a pair of guillotines had been fused together seamlessly around a shaft of fire-scorched iron. And it was impossible to miss the edges of the blades themselves, shaped from a metal that glowed like the heart of a fire even in the cool mists of Moth. Thothum seemed disappointed; he'd thought it was going to be food. Still, he knew how to use an axe to get food, so that was still good. Now all he needed was a shopkeeper or a charging bull. However, a little alarm went off in his single-minded brain that told him he was being rude, and Ellona had told him not to be rude. "I am hungry. Will get food for us."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 12 posts
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 01:26
A road through Moth
Liliana stumbled out of the wagon keeping a respectful distance away from the giant who had just bent metal with his bare hands. A feat she had not thought possible.

The sight of the axe had her momentarily frozen and she swallowed hard. "How about I search for food?" She carefully tried asking Thothum "While you keep guard?" Thothum might be scary but he was incredibly strong and armed. She'd feel at least a little better if he kept an eye out for what might come out of the fog. In that way he kind of reminded her of someone else. She wondered about the wolf sounding howls they had heard. She didn't think wolves had done this.

There was no point in cowering now that the cage had a hole and running heedlessly was not much better especially with her hands shackled. Searching the camp for food, useful supplies and clues about what had happened seemed like the best thing she could do.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:31, Wed 28 June 2017.

Esther
 player, 9 posts
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 18:56
A road through Moth
Esther stepped out of the cage after Liliana and marveled Thothum for a second. She had seen her share of goliaths wielding large weapons, but not even Strong Ronald with his anchor displayed as impressive strength. "The way you stand there with that axe almost wants me to believe that who ever did this to our guards pales in comparison." She laughed.

"Ohh it feels good to be free again" Esther sighed as she stretched her body. After banishing stiffness from her she turned to the ruined campsite and started looking around for her dice, cards and everything else usable; tools and weapons. "Well lets see if I have my luck with me today..."

While searching the camp Esther gave a look towards Liliana and others. "I don't think it is safe to go hunting alone." She turned her attention back to searching and continued. "We should all come along to find something to eat... I know little about Moth, but I don't want to end up like our guards did."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:34, Wed 28 June 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 8 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 19:29
A road through Moth
Kyle waited until everyone left the cage, still astonished by the bent metal.
Once back on solid ground, he stretched himself like he used to do every morning and wandered around without losing sight of his companions.

"Can you folks see anything? I can't reach further than a half court"

Esther seemed to be packing her stuff. Kyle did not kept any personal belongins with him, but thought that it may be a good idea to collect something to cover himself, as the Watcher's uniform was thought for warmer lands. He found a plain cloack hanging from a post, and went to reunite with his mates.
GM
 GM, 21 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 19:44
A road through Moth
Lars slowly exited his temporary prison and observed his surroundings for a while before walking away from the cart and the camp site.
Esther
 player, 10 posts
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 20:08
A road through Moth
Esther gathers three flasks and food from the camp ruins and appraises a single knife she had found. "We might have food for two days or so..." She stops and looks Thothum. "Maybe... Oh! And some water, this knife and handful of coins that wont do us good until we can find someone who wants to trade with us."

Suddenly Esther freezes, she notices that her shackles are still on her wrists. "Hoy! Thoth! Could you free us from these cursed chains?" She shouts, "Without breaking our arms in the process... please?" She requests; emphasizing word without, as she slowly walks towards him.
Thothum Arha
 player, 13 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 20:41
A road through Moth
The first answer was definitely a yes. Thothum could break the chains very good. But without breaking their arms? That seemed to trouble him. He'd broken out of many chains, but these ones had been really tough. Really really tough. He had an axe though, but he didn't know if chopping off something accidentally would count as breaking it. "I..." He paused, slowly lowering and raising the axe in a chopping motion in front of him. "I think so. Let Tho... Let I." He glared at the ground, as though it had offended him somehow. The ground probably would've backed away if it hadn't been up against itself already. "I will test axe first." That seemed to settle his own debate. And, since everyone was clear of him anyways, he turned and brought his axe crashing down on the cart, still holding it in a single hand.

The first blow made the cart bounce and splinter a bit, but it was hardly the reaction Thothum had expected. The chains were definitely stronger than the cart. So, he hit it again, cracking the floor of the cart as he did. He had to yank the axe free that time, but still it wasn't good enough. So, with one final blow he cleaved the cart in two with a painfully awkward blow. It was not his most successful campaign with a weapon, but he'd also not been taught how to fight carts. It would've been better if the cart had attacked him. He was much better at that. Since the cart was dead, however, he considered it a win. "Axe is sharp-enough. You want go first?" he asked Esther.
Esther
 player, 11 posts
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 20:49
A road through Moth
Esther looked as giant swung his massive axe with little precision in mind. "Uhh, on second thought. I'm fine like this, thanks". She backed off and looked around. "The keys might still be here..." She had not found them from the camp. Guards might have them...
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 13 posts
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 23:55
A road through Moth
"People will not be welcoming towards a group of strangers showing up in chains but perhaps a blacksmith can be persuaded to remove them." Liliana also wasn't very eager to put her hands underneath the axe. Especially after watching Thothum demolish the cart. "Felch or another village might be nearby. We can follow the road and forage for more food once the fog lets up. Personally I want to be far away from here come nightfall." The guards were most likely all dead by now and while she felt bad for them she didn't want to face the same fate going to search for them.
GM
 GM, 22 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 00:08
A road through Moth
Moments later Lars returned clearly annoyed by something.
"Well I sure as hell don't feel too free with these metal weights keeping my hands at bay..." Lars stood idle, clearly thinking of something before opening his mouth again. "By the looks of it the road is that way." As he said this he pointed over his shoulder into the direction he had visited just moments ago. "So on this side of the road we have loads of forest and on the other loads of swamp. Both of them nice places to get lost and all. Oh and there was a small blood trail on the road, so someone or something went to the direction we were heading."
Kyle Silver
 player, 9 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 15:03
A road through Moth
Kyle used his newly adquired cloack to cover his wrists, preventing Tothum from having the idea of using him for practice.
He yawned and started to kick a big pebble, unaware of anything un his surroundings. He was keeping it on the air, gently tapping with both feet, and increasing height and power in each kick. After a few minutes, he let the stone land onto his right foot, and he held ir for a second, just to rapidly make a quick spin and shoot it up into the air, out of sight.

Then he realized that Lars came back and was saying something, and the rest was staring at him. "Was I too loud maybe?"
Thothum Arha
 player, 14 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 15:45
A road through Moth
Thothum was disappointed at first that no one seemed to want him to break them free. Then again, given the circumstances he couldn't blame them. Could he blame them? He wasn't a hundred percent on that one. Then Kyle started kicking the rock around and Thothum was very much entranced. He'd seen kids do things before, being in a gang it was impossible to miss, but Kyle had real talent. He was real good. Once, Thothum had even seen an Eden match, thanks to Ellona. It was really nice, even though no one in the four rows behind him could see anything. So, when Lars looked, Thothum really was staring, and he even raised his axe up and gave a hoot when he kicked the rock away.
GM
 GM, 23 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 15:59
A road through Moth
Lars sighs audibly as his form slightly collapses. "Does... Does any of you take this situation seriously?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 14 posts
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 16:28
A road through Moth
"You came back!" Liliana exclaimed sounding more than a little surprised when Lars reappeared.

"Very seriously." She answered him while glancing at Kyle and Thothum. "The blood might belong to one of the guards. I fear most of the blood if not all might be theirs."  Quickly she looked through the camp for a bag or some cloth she could use as a makeshift sack. It would come in handy if she found supplies on the way.

"We should get moving lest what fell upon the guards return." She said once done and waited to see if the others agreed.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:27, Thu 29 June 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 10 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 18:32
A road through Moth
Kyle though that maybe he should have paid more attention to the old sensei, but one cannot live in the past, he learned what he could, and that was all he needed... he standed next to Liliana, waiting for some guidance.

"I´ll follow you miss, if we stay together as a team we may stand a chance, I suppose some of you have some combat experience right?"

Usually he had a positive effect on people, inspiring them, and could turn the table on an unfavourable event, but this time the atmosphere was really tense. He looked confidently to the others. (If you cannot trusts yourself, trust your team mates).
Thothum Arha
 player, 15 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 18:48
A road through Moth
"Something fall on the guards?" Thothum asked as he looked up to the fog-filled air. "Wonder how big it was..."

In the end though, Thothum got a little confused. Liliana had been the one to tell him to say, and now she was saying they should go. She must not have meant him when she said they. That made sense. "I will keep guard." He said in a booming voice, and smiled. Always repeat your orders. That's what Ellona had said, and Omirim, so that's what he did. Thought he hadn't done it before, so that was probably bad. He was just so hungry...
Esther
 player, 12 posts
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 20:14
A road through Moth
"We should really get going" Esther acknowledged. "I can fight, but I can't do much without a sword." -She replies to Liliana as she carries the food and flagons with her from the camp site and splits them equally for four.

"I trust the navigation part to you Liliana. Our time is wasted here, lets move!" Esther encourages others.
GM
 GM, 24 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 22:46
A road through Moth
"Well anywhere is better than standing around here I guess." Lars turned to walk towards the direction he had said the road was. "Thothum is welcome to stay, but I don't plan on returning to this place."

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:46, Thu 29 June 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 15 posts
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 07:31
A road through Moth
Looking back she realized that Thothum meant he would guard the camp site and wasn't following. "That's okay." She turned around and told him. "We're leaving. This place doesn't need guarding anymore. You did well." They couldn't just leave him here. Despite his strength it seemed clear to Liliana that he wouldn't survive long out here in the woods on his own.

"Come with us, Thothum. We'll stop and make food once we are safely away from here. You'd like that right?" She had no idea how to talk with the giant, she was always afraid a wrong word would anger him. An unjust fear perhaps. He hadn't showed any signs of being easily angered but she couldn't help it.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:46, Fri 30 June 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 16 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 13:07
A road through Moth
"Oh," Thothum said as Liliana explained things. It seemed appropriate. He was supposed to acknowledge things when people said them, even if he understood right away. Not that he understood right away very often, but he tried. And, without Ellona, he needed a new boss. Having a boss was good. Plus, she'd promised food. "I come with you. I like that right." His big grin returned, because why wouldn't it? Without much ceremony at all, he hefted his axe over his shoulder, letting the haft rest nicely on it, and began to walk along after the group. He was surprisingly quick for a giant, though that probably had more to do with his very long strides than anything else.
GM
 GM, 25 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 15:34
A road through Moth
Less than minute away indeed was the road. The thin blood trail running along it was easily noticeable. The blood didn't seem all that dry so it couldn't have been there for long.
On the other side of the road was the swamp Lars had mentioned about, barely any vegetation bigger than a bush and mostly wetlands as far as you could see in the fog.

Lars seemed determinate in following the bloody road, not wanting to go back the way you had came.
Only moments away you see a man sitting against a large rock on the side of the road. The man was obviously in bad shape with blood trails across his face and his hands bloody, it was possible that he was not even alive and after a quick look at him it becomes apparent that it's captain Fergus himself.
It doesn't seem like there are any signs of fighting or struggle around him, so it would seem that he got there all by himself.
Kyle Silver
 player, 11 posts
 King of Eden
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 18:35
A road through Moth
The Edeneer advanced through the mist and stopped along his companions. Yeah, definetely that figure looked like the man who imprisoned them. It seems that time puts everyone un his place after all.

Not very keen on dead bodies, Kyle said: "Hey cap', no time for naps, you know? You better release us..."
GM
 GM, 26 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 22:25
A road through Moth
The man who had led the small mercenary group lies silent. Fergus doesn't react to Kyle's attempt to talk to him.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 16 posts
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 08:42
A road through Moth
Seeing the captain laying there marred with blood Liliana wasted no time going there and kneeling down beside him. She immediately began checking for signs of life and attempted to determine the extent of his injures as best she could with her shackled hands. "Captain, can you hear me?" She asked while doing so hoping it might get more of a reaction than Kyle did.
GM
 GM, 27 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 10:36
A road through Moth
With a quick examination it becomes clear to Liliana that the captain is still alive although he might have suffered serious blood loss. He breathes softly and when touched he slightly stumbles and quickly picks up his blade beside him and yells.
"YOU WON'T TAKE ME YOU CURSED..." He stops his blade only inch away from Liliana's chest and his angry expression turns to more of a relieved. "Oh, it's you." Fergus let's his body to rest against the stone once again. "I didn't expect to see you lot... Or anyone for that matter." The captain speaks in quiet voice, he's clearly tired and in pain.
Esther
 player, 13 posts
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 12:45
A road through Moth
"So, what happened in the camp?" Esther inquires she walks closer to wounded captain.
GM
 GM, 28 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 13:20
A road through Moth
"It was really chaotic." Fergus said with a cough. "I woke up when something fell on my tent and there was this odd silence. I grunted, or so I thought, and tried to say something but it was like I had gone deaf. I quickly grabbed my gear and when I got outside someone instantly attacked me. I only got a small scratch from that but it didn't give me any time to assess the situation." Fergus took a short brake to catch his breath. "I managed to fend off the attacker and I could see my men being overwhelmed, I even tried to stop them but they were too quick and there were too many of them so I had to flee." He grunts in pain and slightly adjusts his position. "I couldn't make too much sense of it, they were men with bone shards or something like that tied to their arms with strings and they swinged with them like maniacs."
Kyle Silver
 player, 12 posts
 King of Eden
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 19:09
A road through Moth
"Keep talking Cap', stay with us" said Kyle. Then he snatched the soldier´s sword from his trembling hands and handed it to Esther. He started searching carefully the man for the keys, and also the clip board. "Here I may find something that throw some light into our situation."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:10, Sat 01 July 2017.

Esther
 player, 14 posts
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 13:24
A road through Moth
After captain told what happened in the camp, she turned and looked around. "So you managed to escape the attackers, or they just left you here to die?"

She shakes her head when Kyle presents the captains long sword to her. "Nah, if anyone else here can use that thing, it is better in their hands. It will be unlikely that we will find a weapon that I can use from Moth."

If no one else picks the long sword, Esther reluctantly takes it with her.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 17 posts
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 13:46
A road through Moth
After recovering from the shock of almost getting cut down by the man she was trying to help she continued with her efforts while the captain answered Esther. "Knife." She demanded while holding her hands out towards Esther.

The situation was hardly ideal but she did the best she could to bind the captain's wounds in an attempt to prevent any further bleeding. She used the knife to gain access where she had to and cut up some of his less needed clothes to use as makeshift bandages which she applied as best she could with her shackled hands.
GM
 GM, 31 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 13:52
A road through Moth
Fergus slightly nods. "I think that I did, I haven't seen a sign of them since I fled." He tries to shove Kyle with little success and raps angrily to Kyle. "Get off of me, I'm not dead yet you buffoon!"

While Kyle paws the captain looking for items of his interest with little luck, Thothum sees a odd looking shape in the swamp amidst the fog. The shape is dark and big but still slightly smaller than Thothum himself. On a closer inspection Thothum notices that it is indeed alive and appears to be some kind of creature. It's body looks deformed and seems to be made of tar and mud while dirty looking bones surface it's body and a human like skull rests hunched where the creature's head should be. It doesn't appear to have detected your presence and it's bend down as if trying to find something in the water.
As this creature picks something up and stands straight, Liliana sees the movement from the corner of her eye.
Thothum Arha
 player, 17 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 18:04
A road through Moth
Thothum wasn't much use in these situation, except for standing guard. He'd learned that a long time ago, when he was four. So he kept watch, and that was when he saw the thing. It wasn't pretty to look at, but it also wasn't entirely ugly. Growing up in the desert one occasionally saw things, monsters some called them, but this was a different kind of thing. It might've surprised the group to know this, but Thothum hadn't been locked up in prison for more reasons than just his size. "Psst," he hissed, and though it wasn't silent, it was surprisingly quiet. "We have trouble. Not one of us." His body had shifted slightly into a lowered position, making himself a little less titanic, though still easily feet above the rest of the group. With his free hand he pointed out the thing to the rest of the group.

"You want me to take care of it?" he asked Liliana specifically. She had been the one to promise him food, after all.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 19 posts
Mon 3 Jul 2017
at 00:00
A road through Moth
The sight of the creature in the swamp had her momentarily frozen and images from a thousand stories flashed through her mind. She inadvertently startled when Thothum spoke having almost forgotten that she was not alone. It took her another moment to realize he had directed his question at her. She could not fathom why he would look to her. Maybe he thought she knew what to do since she was local. Well, she did have some idea.

"No. It doesn't look like it has seen us." She answered quietly. Nobody who had grown up in Moth was entirely ignorant on what to do when faced with monsters. In this case the answer was simple enough. Hope it did not spot them and get as far away as possible. Thothum might be armed and possess considerable might but he was only one man.

"There must be more of them nearby." If the captains story was to be believed and they had they had likely killed all the mercenary guards. A fight might draw them all here. "Let's go. Maybe we can lose it in the fog." She looked down at the captain laying there and considered leaving him behind. Then she looked at Thothum and thought about how easily he carried the giant axe. "Thothum? Could you try carrying the captain? Carefully, jostle him as little as you can." He was in no shape to be moved but staying would be worse.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:04, Mon 03 July 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 15 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 3 Jul 2017
at 04:33
A road through Moth
Kyle stepped back and unconsciously adopted a stance, as well as the shackles allowed him. He hoped the cloack could hide his own trembling. He looked at everyone. Apparently they could avoid a brawl. "W-we better get this damn irons out of our wrists, don't you think Captain?"
GM
 GM, 33 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 3 Jul 2017
at 09:19
A road through Moth
Fergus gives tired chuckle. "I never had the key for your shackles, I guess they didn't trust me enough or didn't think it would be necessary." The captain swallows audibly and stares at the group. "Shouldn't have accepted the job in the first place I guess."

Soon after, Lars grabs the long sword out of Esther's hand and walks past the captain. "Do what you want with him. I'm not sticking around longer than I have to." He gives the sword a few swings as he walks, trying to adjust to fighting with his hands tied.
Thothum Arha
 player, 18 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 01:47
A road through Moth
Ever-obedient, Thothum only nodded and, since he didn't have a place to put the axe, slung it over his shoulder and then stooped down and lifted the captain with one arm. "I will carry. No jostle." It was not an entirely gentle process, but it was the best he could do. He made a 'cradle' with his free arm that was, unsurprisingly, actually big enough to nearly fit the man comfortably, and let Captain Fergus do the rest as far as balance went. Thothum didn't even seem to be straining with both the axe and the man, and probably still could've outjogged everyone but the Eden player.

Probably. Maybe. It was hard to tell, and he probably wouldn't since he was told not to jostle the captain... Whatever that meant.
GM
 GM, 34 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 17:34
A road through Moth
You quietly leave the place while not trying to draw attention from nearby creatures. The road is ever quiet and you see no signs of anyone else besides you. Even the birds are silent, only sounds you hear are you and the occasional wind. Fergus doesn't seem to bother to complain about being carried and coughs every now and then.
Walking until the moon comes up and the darkness becomes almost unbearable, you see a shining light in the mist in front of you. The light flickers in the air, far away beaconing in a tower or a hill.
Kyle Silver
 player, 16 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 20:24
A road through Moth
Kyle stops suddenly, trying do adjust his vision to this faint light. A mirage, perhaps?
Different choices come up to his mind: it's shelter, it's a trap, a town... How did Lyliana say it was called?

Maybe a group of chained strangers would not be welcome.

"Someone should go in advance to check that light... I would myself, but it's not my area of expertise. I can cover your back, thought."
He looks at Esther and Lars
GM
 GM, 36 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 22:12
A road through Moth
Lars gives a gloomy glare at Kyle, obviously unhappy with what he is implying. "Cover my back? By sitting here with the half-giant and looking at the moon light? Yeah fine, I'll go take a look while you try to look for your spine. I'm sure it's here somewhere if you ever had one." With a displeased look on his face Lars marches onwards to investigate the mysterious light.
Esther
 player, 15 posts
Wed 5 Jul 2017
at 13:10
A road through Moth
"Sure, I'll go and investigate. Bound and unarmed." Esther snarls sarcastically and follows Lars. Her figure has already disappeared into darkness as she continues "We'll wave to you guys once everything is safe."
Kyle Silver
 player, 17 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 5 Jul 2017
at 14:55
A road through Moth
Kyle hesitates as he is going to step forward. Such a salty way to reply to his plans! Anyway, they were doing it, for what is worth.

"...I don't think we will be able to see them wave with this mist"

The player was used to verbal taunts on the field, so he just shrugs his shoulders,sighs, and continues walking with the rest of the group.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 20 posts
Wed 5 Jul 2017
at 16:00
A road through Moth
Lilianna watched the short exchange and Lars storming off followed by Esther. She didn't like splitting up like this in the fog. The light in the distance was most likely a town or a camp although one always had to be wary. Hopefully they would be okay. While they waited she checked up on captain Fergus making sure his condition was stable. The captain was lucky Thothum was here and could carry him all this way without any apparent strain.
GM
 GM, 37 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 5 Jul 2017
at 20:23
A road through Moth
As you move towards the light, the road starts curves to the left away from the luminous glow. Lars' voice can be heard little further signalling you to come to him. Few steps onward and you see Lars standing in front of an old metal sign with the name Felch written on it.
"Guess we know where light is coming from then. I wouldn't mind to sleep in a bed for once." Lars said with a wishful and bit tired tone.

Walking along the road that supposedly leads to Felch you come across houses and buildings. The town seems quite big but awfully quiet and deserted.
Slightly nervously Lars takes the sword in to his hands, waiting for something bad to happen. "Maybe I'm just getting paranoid but this is town is way too silent." He raises his sight towards the sky, looking at what little he can see of the moon. "Though it is very late I suppose... That's gotta be it."

The odd light is high up in the middle of the town, by a quick estimate roughly 10 meters or three Thothums high by other measurement.
Thothum Arha
 player, 19 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 02:31
A road through Moth
As obedient as a clam, Thothum follows Liliana's lead with the Captain. His stomach rumbles though, and the a little louder the further they go. Food was promised, and so he followed at the beckoning of that promise. But now he really was beginning to feel it. Even if the weight of the captain was nothing, the weight of his stomach was dragging him down. "Thothum... I... hungry..." he said to everyone in particular. "Eat... soon?"
GM
 GM, 38 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 11:09
A road through Moth
Walking down the streets you come ever closer to the light until you reach a crossroad. The light shines from a top of the town's church's tower that stands as one of the cornering buildings at the road and on left side on the other side is a blacksmith's workshop while on the other is apparently an inn. The inn's windows shine faint light to the streets as if inviting people passing by to come in.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:31, Sat 08 July 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 18 posts
 King of Eden
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 15:03
A road through Moth
Kyle feels a shiver going down his spine as he glanced at the temple. His last encounter with the Church ended up in that stupid cage. He shakes his head and leads to the inn, hoping to take a peek inside from the window.

"We are gonna have to find a way to pay our staying. Do you have any plan to gain some coin?"
Esther
 player, 16 posts
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 09:30
A road through Moth
She counts silver coins in her hand "I have few coins I found from the campsite, but should we get rid of these first?" She asks and looks her shackles and turns to look the blacksmith's workshop. "Of course, the metalwork might wake up the locals, if there are any."
Kyle Silver
 player, 19 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 15:42
A road through Moth
Kyle turn his head from the inn´s window, and points inside with his thumb. "It seems that the innkeeper is taking a nap, we should try waking him up after we pay a visit to the blacksmith, don´t you think?"

He jumps from the box he was onto and walks to the smith´s door. He tries to push the door open.
GM
 GM, 39 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 9 Jul 2017
at 16:09
A road through Moth
Kyle walks into the smith's shop which has it's workspace in open air with only door arches covering it from the weather. The place is surprisingly well equipped for the town of it's size, the tools seem to be well used but high in quality and the forge is too massive to be used for only simple farming tool making. In the back of the workshop is a locked door, leading to inside the building.
Kyle Silver
 player, 21 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 16:00
A road through Moth
Kyle takes a deep breath as he looks around. "Right, we are looking for pliers of some sort, or some kind of hammer, this is going to be noisy, better try inside"
After taking a look at the lock, he spits in his palms, crack his knuckles, stretch his shoulders and tries his best locksmithery.
Esther
 player, 18 posts
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 16:53
A road through Moth
Esther looks towards the tavern as Kyle starts to tinker with the lock. "I'll go and see if locals are hospitable sort." She states and hopes that locals don't mind someone who is clearly imprisoned to appear middle of night to their village. She approaches the tavern and sees if the place is even open at this hour.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:54, Wed 12 July 2017.

GM
 GM, 41 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 17:20
A road through Moth
The door to the inn doesn't appear to be locked and as Esther opens the door she sees a young woman resting her upper body on the counter while rolling a green marble back and forth between her hands. She looks to be barely twenty of age, her red long hair disappearing to somewhere behind the counter, sporting a simple but neat leather vest on top of her white shirt and oddly enough she doesn't exactly look local. By Esther's guess she is Ryuan by ethnicity or at least one of her parents must be.
The room seems to be divided into reception and small dining hall and is currently lighted only by an oil lamp standing on the edge of the counter.
As the door swings open the woman quickly snaps out of her boredom and stares surprised at Esther standing in the doorway. She quickly lifts herself and greets you.
"Heya! What can I do for ya at..." She is startled by a loud metallic bang coming from outside midsentence and it seems to have come from Kyle's direction.
Esther
 player, 19 posts
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 17:32
A road through Moth
Esther minds little what is happening outside and jauntily advances to the counter and slams her shackled hands on the desk. "Good evening, me and my band are looking for place to stay and food to eat... a lot of food." She awkwardly reaches her pocket and hands over three copper pieces. "Give me something strong to drink first though. And don't mind the racket from outside, my friends are just trying to introduce themselves to others."
GM
 GM, 42 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 17:48
A road through Moth
The woman calms down a little and turns her attention to Esther. "Oh, well that surely can be arranged! I think..." She lets out a inaudible sigh as she grabs a pint from below the counter. She freezes a little as her eyes lock onto Esther's shackles. She becomes clearly nervous and what Esther said about her friends "introducing" themselves outside most likely isn't helping. "S-so, we haven't h-had many visitors lately with the fog and a-all." She fills the pint with beer and places it in front of Esther before sitting down on her stool. "Mind i-if I ask how did you end up h-here?"
Esther
 player, 20 posts
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 18:11
A road through Moth
"We were on jolly passage through Moth, when our escort was attacked. Luckily to us we survived unharmed." She explains and gives a wide smile before starting to empty the pint. "So what can you tell about this village?" She asks after few good swings.
GM
 GM, 43 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 18:36
A road through Moth
"Umm..." She starts hesitantly while fiddling something behind the counter. "It's a nice place to live in. O-or used to be." She clears her throat as she continues. "Rugesn's castle is short walk away, though I haven't heard of Lord Rugesn for awhile now. No one has." She stares at the counter, still concerned of the new visitors.
Esther
 player, 21 posts
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 18:57
A road through Moth
Esther turns to the front door and grans her pint with her as she goes to see others. "Hey! Get inside, I'm about to see what kind of food they have to offer to us. We can worry about our chains later!" She cheers.
Kyle Silver
 player, 22 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 20:23
A road through Moth
Kyle stops hitting the lock with his shackles and listen. "Wait, the inn was open this whole time? damn!"
He heads to the inn and makes a humble entry with his best smile.

"Good night y'all!"

*Waves his chains as salute*
GM
 GM, 44 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 22:02
A road through Moth
The innkeeper watches as Kyle steps in, confused of his apparel since it differs so much from Ester's or from anything she has seen for that matter. She puts up a forced smile for her guests and greets him. "H-heya! How many of you are there?"
Esther
 player, 22 posts
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 19:14
A road through Moth
"There is two-, three others outside." Esther replies merrily as she sits back on the counter and continues; "So, what can you feed at this late hour? Got any meat soups? I'd take two bowls plus another of these." She points her pint.

"So was the smith home?" She asks slightly uninterested as she picks up a silver coin from her pocket and bites it while waiting a response.
Kyle Silver
 player, 23 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 20:32
A road through Moth
"Eh-yeah, no, I mean, I gently knocked, but there was no response. I believe it´s not the best time to disturb anyone´s sleep." He walks inside the inn, taking looks here and there, when his belly starts to growl... he turns to the innkeeper.

"Apologies miss, I was talking about respecting sleep hours while we are here obviously perturbing yours. My name is Kyle Silver, I play for the Markushias Watchers, do you happen to have any local teams in town looking for young talent? My friends and I here are just traveling the land, and enjoying the... landscape *belly growls louder* is it be possible to have the same she is having?"
*He looks towards to the rest, silently asking for support into negotiating their night in*
GM
 GM, 45 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 22:39
A road through Moth
"You play for what now?" She asks confused. "I... don't know anything about local... teams? Oh, I got ya! You mean the town guards? They could surely use a pair of hands or two." Having forgotten about the potentially dangerous prisoners in front of her, she continues with more enthusiasm. "There is some soup in back that I could warm up for ya, it was made earlier today but it's good as ever!" She quickly picks herself up and walks towards the kitchen door, with a short sword casually dangling in her left hand.

Meanwhile outside a sound of wood shattering comes from the smith's workshop and soon enough an angry looking man appears in the door way of the inn. Wearing nothing but brown trousers the man looking fit to bend swords looks for his victim. His dark brown hair almost reaches the ground although his beard is kept quite short. He gives a flip to his large sledgehammer that looks fit to crush a man's head under it. The man quickly spots the three of you and shouts with a voice filled with anger of just awoken bear. "WHO'S THE BASTARD BREAKING MY DOOR?! I'LL CRACK HIM IN HALF AND FEED HIM TO DEMONS!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:29, Fri 14 July 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 24 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 03:14
A road through Moth
"There are people," Thothum says, looking to town, and then Liliana. "They sound unhappy. Maybe they have food?" The two didn't have to be connected. Thothum's mind had two tracks: The situation at hand, and food. Once one was done, the other took hold, and the situation at hand didn't seem like it required more attention than the food part.
Kyle Silver
 player, 27 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 12:43
A road through Moth
Kyle loudyly slurps his soup, exhales and stands up, staring silently at the iron Smith. Not even the sound of the night could be heard, as the silent conquered the room. After a few seconds of staring, like to samurais about to draw, he snaps his tongue and says:
"I have absolutely no idea what are you talking about"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 23 posts
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 13:54
A road through Moth
"Unhappy voices? They might have found a village." Unhappy voices were about what she'd expect to hear. At least it wasn't screams. Waiting might have been the wiser choice but Thothum wasn’t the only one who was hungry. An entire day of walking had its toll on Lilianna. "Maybe they do have food. Let's see what the commotion is about." They all needed food and the captain especially needed a bed to rest in. She glanced at the wounded man. Hopefully he wouldn't make her regret bringing him.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:57, Sun 16 July 2017.

GM
 GM, 49 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 18:20
A road through Moth
"Ah, h-hello mister Brunst." The inn keeper says with surprised and startled voice, but the man ignores her and takes slow heavy steps towards you, each step making a loud statement to his fury in the dead silent room.
"Then who. Was. It, little man." His calm voice drips with enmity, and his knuckles have gone pale from his iron grip. While not nearly as large as Thothum, the almost two meters tall muscular man still is enormous compared to you.
The inn keeper is covering behind the counter, only her eyes peeking the situation. "Th-that's the smith ya'll were asking about."

Lars gives an annoyed look at Kyle, clearly wanting to give in the man in fault but restraining himself for the moment.

Meanwhile, Fergus drops down from Thothum's grip. He gives a slightly painful grunt as he stumbles to the ground but still manages to pick himself up. "Hnngh, might as well go take a look then. I've had enough of being a burden, thank you for carrying me." He gives a respectful nod to Thothum before starting to slowly walk towards the town.
Esther
 player, 25 posts
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 18:37
A road through Moth
Esther turns her head towards the smith for a moment before letting Kyle answer first to the brute. After Kyle's reply she stands up and walks right next to the smith and smiles to him. "Hey there! Could you help us get rid of these?" She shows her shackles to the smith. "I really don't want to try my luck with my other option." Esther turns to look at Lars and Kyle; "Speaking of which, didn't they supposed to follow us here? Or should we go look after them?"

Not waiting a response from others she turns her attention to smith and continues without taking a breath; "Breaking these shouldn't be difficult feat for man of your caliber. But I'm willing to pay for it. What say ya?"
Kyle Silver
 player, 29 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 18:54
A road through Moth
Kyle's nods his head, probably Esther just save him from having to teach that old man a lesson. Although this is the guy supossed to free them, and most likely able to give Kyle a good whack.

"Listen mate, check this chains, I'm sure you don't see this alloy everyday in this village, if you free us, you can keep them for your works"
GM
 GM, 50 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 19:29
A road through Moth
The smith grabs Esther by the chain of her shackles and gives her bitter glance. "Prisoners eh? You'd better be ready to pay for more than those shackles if you don't want me to carry out my threat. Who the fuck are you people anyway?" With a strong push he let's go of Esther, addressing you as whole.

"It's a bit complicated and I can't speak for everyone." Lars takes a step forward as he speaks to the smith. "But the short version is that the caravan transporting us was attacked... By someone. If the captain hasn't keeled over yet he can surely give you assurance that we aren't here exactly by choice."
Esther
 player, 26 posts
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 19:40
A road through Moth
"Mph! Suit yourself" Ester sniffs and walks next to Kyle and whispers. "You should just apologize, or should I do it for ya?" She smirks.
GM
 GM, 51 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 17 Jul 2017
at 18:50
A road through Moth
Along with Fergus, you walk through the hushed streets until you end up at the crossroad that seems to be in somewhat middle of the town. The bright light still shines from the church's tower, but the sound of loud talking from the inn on your right side quickly catches your attention.

"Phah! Ought to just throw trouble makers like you to the demon." Brunst speaks as he takes a seat by the counter.
"Give me a glass of that brandy will you dear? Need something to calm down before I muddy your floors with bottom feeder blood."
"R-right away!"
Brunst takes a large sip from his drink before turning to glare at you. "I hope you were intending to pay for those." He nods at the soup and drinks you have been consuming so far.
Kyle Silver
 player, 31 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 17 Jul 2017
at 19:32
A road through Moth
"We mean to cause no trouble, old man, we just need a way to free us and, we shall depart"

He takes a long drink, and stops to think, then he stands up. "I am going to fetch the others, they should be close by". When he reaches the door he turns with half a smile on his face "By the way, how much coin we have?"
Esther
 player, 27 posts
Mon 17 Jul 2017
at 20:23
A road through Moth
Esther gives a short reminiscent stare towards the front door until she utters. "Umm... Dozen silver coins. That should be enough to pay for the food for us all and for lodging for the night."
Thothum Arha
 player, 25 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 02:46
A road through Moth
Thothum, having followed Liliana and he captain wherever they led him, Thothum was getting hungry. Well, for certain definitions of 'getting hungry.' He was, however, happy to see a familiar face in the doorway. "It is the one from before," he announced to Liliana, in case she didn't recognize him. Some people didn't recognize other people, but Thothum thought he had a pretty good memory for faces. Well, actually he didn't, but he liked to think he did. "Do you think he found food?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 24 posts
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 18:09
A road through Moth
"I hope so." Liliana answered the giant earnestly. If she was hungry then Thothum had to be starving and she had promised they would eat. "Mr. Silver." She said as she walked up to Kyle standing in the doorway. "How are things here? Will the locals spare us any food?" She knew very well how welcoming people in Moth could be of strangers even at the best of times.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:11, Tue 18 July 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 32 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 20:59
A road through Moth
"Oh hi miss, well, we found a way to spend the night I think... how are we feeling Captain?". He leads them inside and shows them around the main room, and introduces them to the innkeeper. "So these are the rest of us, Liliana, Thothum and Captain Burntends... and,*turns to Liliana* it's just Kyle. Mr. Silver was my father, and would kick my arse if he saw me using his last name".

This message was last edited by the player at 21:11, Tue 18 July 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 26 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 18 Jul 2017
at 22:46
A road through Moth
Thothum, as usual, had more than a bit of trouble fitting through the normal-sized door into the inn. He had to get down on all fours and squeeze his upper through sideways just to fit. Luckily, he was used to it by that point in his life, and so he didn't mind getting his knees a little dirty. Then, of course, he smelled the food and, while the others were talking, he went to the bar, hunched over so he didn't bump into the ceiling. "Hello pretty lady," he said to the girl behind the bar. 'You should always compliment a lady's looks, Thothum, especially if it's not true. It's good for everyone involved.' That's what Ellona had said. It was good advice, though he didn't know why. "I would like some food, please."
GM
 GM, 53 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 21:13
A road through Moth
The inn keeper watches in shock as the giant tries to fit in. He looks like she wants to scream but is somehow able to contain it. "Wha-what's that? A t-troll?" She points at Thothum while strugling to speak.

The captain limps to the counter and takes a seat. "Nay, he's just a very big fellow. Sorry to barge in like this, our trip here took a left turn and..." The captain's gaze freezes, his eyes becoming glassy. It takes a moment for him to shake off things in his mind but he continues. "I will keep it short. I was supposed to transport these men and women to Gabriel. That's what I was paid for. But I'm not in shape to try force them around so I guess it's their "lucky day"." Fergus coughs a few times and asks for water. He drinks it down in one gulp and rests his head against his hand, obviously worn down from the day.

Brunst turns to look at the reason for the commotion and looks slightly surprised, facing a man that dwarfs himself. He stands up and looks at the giant and finishes his drink, finally opening his mouth. "Well I'll be damned! I haven't seen a man as tall as you ever before! These your... friends?" He points at Esther and Lars.
Thothum Arha
 player, 27 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 21:20
A road through Moth
"Friends?" Thothum looked to the others for a moment, and the gears in his head turned very, very slowly; they were clogged by thoughts of food. "I do not know. They said food and to come. I followed." He looked at his axe, which he'd finally set down next to himself. It was enormous. "They did not want me to set them free. I do not understand this, but I do not come up with the plans."
GM
 GM, 54 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 09:49
A road through Moth
Brunst eyes Thothum from head to toe, giving most attention to the axe besides him. "Is that so?" He combs his beard in thought.

The inn keeper, who had once again gone hiding behind the counter, mustered a bit of courage and spoke up. "Aight, you guys are gona pay for his dining too. And if you want a place to stay I will charge for that too. The giant sleeps on the dining area floor though, don't have bed to fit him."
Thothum Arha
 player, 28 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 14:58
A road through Moth
Thothum was impressed. "Will there be hay?" he asked, a somewhat dreamy look in his eyes. He liked hay. It was comefor... comferti... comfy. Usually he had to sleep outside with the hay, but inside was nice and warm. It was weird though, this barmaiden knew one of his nicknames too. How did everybody know those? He would have to investigate... after some food. A lot of food. "And food?"
Esther
 player, 28 posts
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 16:06
A road through Moth
After finishing her soup and asking for a second drink she eyes the smith for a moment and asks. "Are you going to cut these shackles or not? As you can see, our another option is to use his axe, but that might end up badly. He is not gifted with precision as much as he is in strength."
GM
 GM, 55 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 16:32
A road through Moth
The inn keeper took time to answer, trying to estimate what would feeding a man that big require. "I... Well I can serve rest of the soup. That won't most likely fill a guy like you, so I guess I can cook you some meat n' mash." She makes quick calculations using her fingers. "That would be a total of five silvers, assuming that all of you want to eat."
Fergus weakly waves his hand. "I'll pay for my own keep." "Four silvers and four coppers then. If ya want beer or other beverages besides water, ya gotta pay more. Oh, and that doesn't include ya stayin' here."
She brings the saucepan with a large wooden spoon to in front of Thothum. She's a bit nervous being so close to him and quickly moves back to the counter, disappearing to the back room to cook for her large customer.

Brunst turns to face Esther with a serious expression. "As I said, you owe me for the door and I am not going to open your shackles for free. But I can think of another way to pay if you are short on coins."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:34, Sun 23 July 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 34 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 17:32
A road through Moth
*Chokes himself with the drink* Kyle seems quiet shocked after hearing that, and looks out to everyone for a reaction.
"Hpmhf! ahem, master ironsmith, no need to worry about payments, and I would not consider alternate options, you see *whispers to him* she got caught because of ripping a dong with her bare teeth, dangerous gal here." The situation is getting out of hands, he definitely owes one to Esther.
GM
 GM, 56 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 18:14
A road through Moth
Brunst raises his eyebrows and after moment of confusion grunts. "I was talking about a job you nitwit! Hmmph. Should just let you stay bound like that, maybe you would learn some manners." Brunst turns back to the counter and hails to the bartender. "Might I get another drink Hayley? These outsiders are giving me a headache." "I'm a bit busy, help yourself!"
The smith grabs another drink for himself while muttering barely audible insults.
Esther
 player, 29 posts
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 18:44
A road through Moth
"Job you say?" Esther asks after smith has fetched him another drink. "You see, we have been imprisoned to these bloody shackles for days now. We are finally getting a proper beds for a night and it would be really nice, if these too would disappear before that."
GM
 GM, 57 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 20:29
A road through Moth
"Might not be before sleep though. I'm not saying the job is simple." The smith takes a sip and swirls his drink around in his glass.
"There was supposed to be a caravan headed here. I had ordered some equipment and materials that I can't get locally. After the fog appeared, nothing has come to Felch. Nothing but you." He emphasizes the last part with spiteful tone.
"As you might have guessed, I want you to try and find that caravan. I can do more than open your shackles if you do, but that requires you to bring the shipment to me. If you find anything that hints of the caravan's demise, I will open the shackles for you."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 25 posts
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 22:11
A road through Moth
Liliana entered with Thothum and the captain and seated herself next to them by the bar after helping herself to some water that she greedily drank down. Tension drained away when it became clear that captain Fergus wouldn’t rally the entire town against them. The smell of food made it rumble in her tummy. "Make some for me too?" She asked the innkeeper as she disappeared into the kitchen. Then she put her shackled hands atop the counter and rested her head on them while listening with half an ear to Kyle and Esther talk with somebody about getting the chains off.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:18, Sun 23 July 2017.

Esther
 player, 30 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 18:44
A road through Moth
Esther listens smith's request and thinks for a moment in silence before opening her mouth. "So you expect us to go venture to that mist chained and unarmed while beasts that are capable to take down group of soldiers stalk in your woods?" She smiles in her own amusement and shrugs. "Your offer better include much more than releasing us from these. If anything you could release in advance."

Esther turns too look others. "We can trust that our muscle can demolish inanimate objects with ease and Kyle can play with a ball if we happen to find one." She looks at Liliana "What you can do besides study leafs and grass?"
GM
 GM, 58 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 19:35
A road through Moth
"I counted all of ya to the cost, but it will take a moment or two." The inn keeper, Hayley, reponds to Liliana's request.

"Hmmph. As if I'd trust you to not just run away without paying. But you wouldn't make it far I suppose." Downing his second drink, Brunst picks his sledgehammer and prepares to leave. "I can make you weapons or such if you bring me my supplies. If my offer doesn't suit you, your friend surely seemed to be ready to help you with your predicament."

Lars, who has been quietly sitting at the very end of the counter, seems to be content to mostly observing the discussion while fumbling with his shackles from time to time.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 26 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 19:39
A road through Moth
Liliana shifted her head a little in the general direction of Esther "Identify, prepare and dispense. Isn't that enough? I’ve studied herbalism for years so I can one day become an apothecary. You make it sound so trivial." Although she didn't sound particularly insulted and finished with a yawn.

"For wandering the fog and fighting god-knows-what? Well I know a little of the healing arts, I can bind a wound as you have seen. Not that I'm very eager to go out again, it's a pretty poor situation for us as you say. For him and the people here in general however? We either find what he's looking for or we disappear in the fog. It's a win for them either way. We Mozzers can be mean like that."
Thothum Arha
 player, 30 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 20:18
A road through Moth
Food. Thothum had always had trouble eating like a 'civilized' person. Most utensils were too small, and the ones big enough usually weren't that effective. Still, he did his best to not spill too much of the saucepan's contents as he wolfed them down. He paid no attention to the conversation, or to much of anything. It was good food because it was food. That was important. "Mmm... more please," he said to the bartender, holding out the pan with a smile. She was nice. And Liliana had told him the truth. He needed to remember that. She was not a liar. That was nice too.
Esther
 player, 31 posts
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 20:37
A road through Moth
Esther nods to Liliana; agreeing what she said. "He could look for this caravan in daybreak. I don't have reason to risk my ass during the night." She pushes her tired body up and walks to see the barkeep while finishing her thought. "Mist or not, we all need proper rest."

She knocks the door frame "Hey, thanks for the food! I got here five silver coins. Give me change and point me to nearest bed..." ending her sentence with infectious yawn.
GM
 GM, 59 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 20:56
A road through Moth
Mouth watering smell of cooked meat exits the kitchen as you open the door further.
While busy with the cooking, Hayley faces you and addresses you with unkind tone. "I said, four silvers and four coppers. Sleeping 'ere costs extra silver per head."
She lifts the pans and walks back to the counter, serving the rest of you who haven't eaten (and Thothum) plate of smashed potatoes, steak and herbs as garnishment.
"Shall I prepare ya rooms or are ya thinkin' of outdoor accommodations?" She gives a warm smile to you while waiting for her payment.
Kyle Silver
 player, 35 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 21:51
A road through Moth
Mmph, kick a ball, kick a ball!... father never though I could do even that, yet look at me know. She could go herself into the mist, if she finds any monster, he will kill himself after all the shit talk Kyle remains silent, absent on his thoughs. He does not feel really enthusiastic about wandering in that mist, everyone knows the tales of Moth... but this people need payment fo their trust. Yes, tomorrow, we will go and recover all the equipment

"Let´s call it a day, shall we? tomorrow first light we can meet here and search the cart".
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 27 posts
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 17:55
A road through Moth
Still tired and chained up but things were looking up with the appearance of a warm meal, even if only by a little. She hungrily ate the food down eating as much as she could manage since she was well aware that it could be a while to the next meal.

Liliana looked to Esther. "Is there enough silver? If not, we can make camp outside the town." She shuddered slightly at the thought of sleeping outside in the fog without so much as a ring of salt or a single protective amulet. Everything would be so much better if he was here watching over her in dark of night.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:57, Tue 25 July 2017.

Esther
 player, 32 posts
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 19:40
A road through Moth
Nodding to Liliana and quickly counting additional silver coins from her pocket she turns to give the money for food and lodging. "Here, that's beds for five of us." Counting Lars as fifth.

After paying and receiving change Esther walks to others and scrapes remaining coins from her pocket. "Here are remaining money we have" She spreads three silver coins and eight copper to the table. "We can split this between four of us equally as we can. So everyone has something." She looks Liliana, Kyle and Lars. After a moment she realizes something and turns to Thothum "Hey do you want to keep some of this too?" She asks from him and points their minuscule fortune.
Thothum Arha
 player, 31 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 20:48
A road through Moth
Thothum, having eaten his entire meal in roughly half the time the others had, stared longingly at the door where the food came from. Then, all at once, Esther spoke to him and he turned his head, slowly. He'd learned that big movements could cause big pain. Not for him, of course, but for the owners of roofs and doors and horses. Very big pain. "I owe much money to fancy lady. You should send it to her." That was a good idea, he thought. He should send the money to her.
GM
 GM, 60 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 22:24
A road through Moth
Lars leaned to the counter, relaxing his head on his arms. "That fancy lady the same one you stole money from? How much did you take? On a second though, don't answer." He let out a short huff, his eyes were closing from tiredness. "Mind showing me the rooms? I wouldn't mind some shut eye."
"Right, here's key for ya four and... I'll fix you somethin' to sleep on soon enough." Hayley nods to Thothum and leads Lars towards upstairs. "Ya can follow along if ya want, though the room numbers are written on that wooden tag so ya can't really mistake them. And try to keep it down, I don't want you to wake my mother."
Kyle Silver
 player, 36 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 06:28
A road through Moth
Later that night, Kyle is laying in the thin mattress staring at the ceiling,with his still ironed hands uncomfortably behind his head.
It's been over a week, I missed the game of my life, no one was looking for me, everything I fought for... damnit!
*Slams the wall with anger*
"W-what the hell?" Says a familiar voice in the next room.
"Uh, sorry Lars, did I wake you up?"
"Go fuck yourself!"
"...good night Lars" he rolls over and tries to catch some sleep.
GM
 GM, 61 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 15:53
A road through Moth
The morning dawns and the inn keeper knocks on each of your door, calling you downstairs for breakfast. She gives Thothum a gentle nudge while trying to wake the giant up.
When you walk down stairs you smell the scent of freshly made porridge. Hayley greets each separately and tells that breakfast is included in your overnight stay.

Lars seems to have arrived before any of you and is eating in the far most table from the counter. He seems to be tired and possibly in a bad mood.
Other than him, Hayley and Thothum, an old man sits by one of the window tables.

Fergus seems to be absent so far.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 28 posts
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 22:55
A road through Moth
Disturbed by the knock on her door Liliana awoke much to her relief, another day lay ahead of her. After staying in bed for a little while she slowly got up feeling stiff and dazed. She washed her face and hands in a bin of water and said a quick prayer kneeling by the bed side before she eventually headed downstairs to eat breakfast.

Food and a night of proper bed rest had done a lot to recover her strength. While eating her food she mulled over her options. Her first goal was getting rid of these chains and recover some of the means she had lost in Dwänholf. Not her largest concern, but it was something she could do something about now. The prospect of going out to look for a missing caravan wasn't any more appealing after sleeping but it was better than sitting here and do nothing.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:59, Wed 26 July 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 32 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 23:41
A road through Moth
Thothum was, all things told, happier. He had food, even if it wasn't enough, and he was mostly free, which was more than enough. To some, the latter would be suspicious, but he'd never been fully free. So it didn't bother him. What bothered him was not having enough food. There never seemed to be enough food. It was like his childhood all over again. But he knew how to get through that sort of thing. As a person taking up a good portion of the floor, he was surprisingly good at sleeping through things. But the smell of food woke him. That smell woke him long before anyone else needed to do so.

"Hello," he said to everyone in turn as they came down. But no 'how are you?' Just hello. That was what Ellona had taught him.
Kyle Silver
 player, 37 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 07:13
A road through Moth
Kyle wakes up and tries to perform his morning routine of strechtching, hard to accomplish these past days in his state. There is a small rusty mirror in the wall, he examines his look.
Wow, look at me, so skinny, I wouldn´t make it in a scrum, better eat something more
Then he walks down the stairs, joining the others at the main room.
Esther
 player, 33 posts
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 19:12
A road through Moth
Esther walks right after Kyle from her room, combing her hair while looking the lone man before joining others. "Good morning!" She greets everyone with sunny smile as she sits down. "Shall we commence our hunt right after the breakfast?" She asks and continues before letting anyone answer; "We also need to find more coin if we want to stay in another night."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 29 posts
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 22:45
A road through Moth
"The shipment must be worth more than a few released shackles." Liliana said while eating. A glance out the window left her with a foreboding feeling. Deep fog was nothing remarkable. It lingering for this long however was. She tried recalling when they had first entered the fog and how long they might have to go. "We shouldn't tarry." They should cover as much ground as possible while they were rested. Even then they might have to stop and forage for food underway. If the same fate had befallen this caravan as theirs then recovering the shipment should at least be possible.
GM
 GM, 62 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 23:08
A road through Moth
"If it's out there, it's most likely on the big South road between here and Torda." Hayley brings a plate of porridge to the late comers.
"I wouldn't go out there even if I was paid tho."

Fergus comes down moments later and hesitantly sits down to your company. His eye bags tell a tale of not sleeping well and his expression is grim as he inspects the food in his spoon.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 30 posts
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 19:12
A road through Moth
"How are you doing, captain Fergus? Your wounds still bothering you?" Liliana asked the captain when he sat down. He didn't look good but she suspected his physical wounds wasn't what lay heavily on his mind. Despite their situation she didn't feel any particular animosity towards him as the mercenary guards hadn't gone out of their way to mistreat them. She knew all too well who was really responsible for her recent predicament.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:25, Fri 28 July 2017.

GM
 GM, 63 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 19:54
A road through Moth
It takes awhile for Fergus to realize that Liliana was talking to him and he diverts his attention to her. "They're fine, thanks to you. Haven't felt worse than this ever before... I'd rather be bed ridden with diseases than here." He turns back to his breakfast and slowly starts to eat.
Esther
 player, 34 posts
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 17:01
A road through Moth
She was almost done with her serving, carving last bits of porridge to her mouth while listening others. "Is south road dangerous? Why so?" Esther inquires and looks Hayley.
GM
 GM, 64 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 19:21
A road through Moth
Returning from bringing the other customer's order, Hayley stops at your table when Esther asks her the question.
"It's... not dangerous in any special way. Or, guess it could be." She thinks for awhile, obviously trying to figure how to explain it better.
"The thing is, I don't know for sure that any place is dangerous. But... I have heard rumours, and people who go outside the town don't always come back. Some say that we aren't safe even inside the town. Streets are emptier than ever, no one wants to be outside longer than they have to. That's how it's been since the fog came." Hayley's expression turns to somber and she lets out a long sigh.

"It's that damn Rugesn's fault. He must have done something to cause this." The old swipes his grey moustache and sets down his mug.
"He paid for it with his blood and still everyone else has to suffer for his misdeeds! His family has been nothing but trouble for Felch."
Kyle Silver
 player, 39 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 21:31
A road through Moth
Kyle hesitates, but asks in the end: "Rugesn? wasn´t that the name of the lord who, how to say, required our presence...?" He had always being good with surnames, learning all those team rosters. He just needed to place that name with the person that mentioned it...

Then he looks at the captain, pointing him with a chicken bone.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 31 posts
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 21:55
A road through Moth
"Eiswald. Baron Eiswald." Liliana told Kyle. That was a name she'd made sure to remember. Then she turned her attention towards Hayley. "What misdeeds did this Rugsen commit that was foul enough to lay such a curse upon the entire village?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:59, Mon 31 July 2017.

GM
 GM, 66 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 23:31
A road through Moth
"As Liliana said, Eiswald is the one supposed to pay me for your delivery. I know nothing of this Rugesn." Fergus responds without giving much of a reaction.

Hayley answers with a hushed tone, trying to not drag the old man into the discussion.
"It's said that ever since Rugesn family moved to live in Felch, they had brought bad luck with them. Mostly old people keep saying that, guess I might be too young to know what they do. But the relationship has always been sore between his family and the villagers. I... thought they are kind of nice." She seems to be worried of something, nervously rubbing her left elbow.
"They said something had happened to them. I really didn't want to believe that, but I haven't heard of them ever since the fog appeared..."
Thothum Arha
 player, 33 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 21:15
A road through Moth
"Oh..." Thothum said with a blank stare as everyone discussed the goings-on. He listened, and listened, and his face slowly contorted with the effort of keeping it all straight. Then, a line snapped, and his face lit up with a small smile. He held his bowl out to Hayley. "May I have more porr... portr... more?"
GM
 GM, 67 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 21:42
A road through Moth
Hayle turned to Thothum, her worried expression turning into gloomy disbelief. It wasn't really surprising to her, but his appetite was insatiable. "Er... Guess I can give ya one more plate. But after it you are going to have to pay for anything extra."

Lars walks past your table, heading outside. "I'll take a peek of the town. Don't know how long I will be gone."
Esther
 player, 35 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 12:46
A road through Moth
"That sounds like a good idea. I'll go with you!" Esther declares and stands up. "We will meet you here when we have taken a look of the town. Then we go and see can we find that missing shipment." She explains to others and follows Lars.

"There is no hiding of these shackles, wonder want townsfolk think of us?" She talks out loud after exiting the tavern.
Kyle Silver
 player, 40 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 09:20
A road through Moth
After finishing breakfast, he talks to Liliana: "I suppose you would like to join us, I will not try to stop you. I don´t know whats out there, but Thotum and I will do our best to protect you, right?"
Then he steps out of the inn to wait for the rest to come back, impatiently walking around.
Esther
 player, 36 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 16:24
A road through Moth
After a while being away Esther approaches the tavern with Lars. She waves at Kyle. "Others are still inside? I'll tell them that we are ready."

Tavern's door swings open as Esther bursts in with full of energy. "Exploring done!" She explains "She was right, the town is quite empty. We saw only few people there. The fog is very thick though, finding the shipment is not going to be easy. Are you guys done with eating, shall we move out?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:30, Thu 03 Aug 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 32 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 11:13
A road through Moth
"Thank you. I appreciate that." Liliana answered Kyle with just the tiniest hint of doubt slipping through. It was easy to say while safe and sound but she wondered how much use a ball player would be out in the woods.

When Esther returned she stood up and joined her at the door. "Yeah, we're done. Lets get underway. Hiding here won't do us any good." She had resigned herself to going back out into the fog. The sooner they left the sooner they would hopefully be back.
Thothum Arha
 player, 34 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 14:23
A road through Moth
Thothum, as Liliana's newest underling, was very much prepared to make certain she got through the fog and stuff safely. What troubled him most was that he had not realized they were hiding inside the inn. He'd have been more stealthy if he'd known. Still, that was over now, and so he squeezed himself back through the door with his axe and then slung the hulking, gleaming weapon back over his shoulder. "Which way we go?" Hunger was still a mild issues, but he'd at least eaten, so that was something. The lessened hunger reminded him of something though, something which had been wrong with his previous sentence. "Ing."
GM
 GM, 69 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 16:08
A road through Moth
You walk through the silent town towards the South road. Very little activity is going on at this time of morning and you only see couple other persons walking the streets. As you come to the town's edge, you see three guardsmen discussing something. One of them, the oldest looking man,  hails you as you pass by. "Don't wander too far now strangers, might end up lost like the others."

The town soon disappears behind you in the fog. For miles on end you walk the fog and the scenery mostly doesn't seem to change with the thick mist covering the areas behind it.
After few hours of travelling you approach a crossroad. The sign pole seems to have been cut in half with no remains of the road signs themselves. The roads seem to both go South, but in slightly different directions.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 34 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 16:07
A road through Moth
"A crossroad with nothing but a ruined signpost to show the way? That's an ill omen for our journey." Liliana said sadly as she inspected the sign post. She made a quick sign across her chest with her right hand and then stood still with her eyes closed and head bent downwards for a moment. "This job is ill fit for someone who lack in both horses and provisions." She wiped her hand across her brow and took a deep breath before beginning to walk up one of the paths.

A few meters ahead she bent down to inspect the road. "I don't much care for the idea of splitting up. Perhaps the roads themselves can tell us which one we should follow." There was a chance only one of the roads had been heavily traveled by cart and that might leave a mark.
GM
 GM, 71 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 18:09
A road through Moth
While others seem to be occupied in effort to search for any clues, Lars walks up to the pole. He gently touches the point where the post has been cut apart and afterwards gives a shove to the pole.
"I wish I had asked for a bit more specific directions. Who knows how many times this road branches on the way to... Whatever that city was."
He turns to lean his back against the pole and stretches his shoulders.
"Any of you heard about animals taking down road signs before?"
Esther
 player, 38 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 18:58
A road through Moth
Esther walks around the crossroad looking around for tracks and any signs of abnormalities. She wanders around others for a moment before disappearing in the fog, searching clues from little further away. While making a circle around the crossroads and trying to keep healthy distance to the others. She is not really keen with the idea to get lost in the fog.

After a few minutes she returns to the crossroads. "The road that comes from the forest has some huge animal footprints, I'm not sure what animal could make such tracks." She explains at first and looks to opposing direction from forest; "However the swamp has much more animal tracks, but I guess local animals like the swamp more, or the large beast in the forest is forcing all the little animals to live there." She explains and sighs. "There are cart tracks on all three roads, a bit too many to give us proper bearing."

After giving her report, she turns and looks the road sign. "I was sure to find the top of the sign nearby, but it seems that someone has taken it with them." She walks closer to the sign and put she ringers on the top of the cut pole, trying to figure out how fresh the cut is. "In this humidity and fog the wood should quickly turn wet even without much rain." She mumbled while examining the pole.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:02, Sun 06 Aug 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 41 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 19:29
A road through Moth
Kyle listens to the whole explanation. There is something weird about this.
"Why would anyone animal break the post? And then take the sign with it... A man could have cut it, I have seen it done even bear handed."
Failing at finding any clues about it, he decides to stop looking and concentrates on the surroundings, whatever did that could come back.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:24, Sun 06 Aug 2017.

GM
 GM, 72 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 20:57
A road through Moth
Lars nods and takes a step away from the sign pole, only to give it a firm kick.
"Right. Well it would take a man like Thothum to break it and leave it standing. I'm having hard time imagining anyone of my size breaking it and leaving it standing. And this is definitely torn apart, blade would have left a cleaner mark."
Pondering the fate of the road sign, Lars takes a few steps around.
"Bandits."
Kyle Silver
 player, 43 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 21:31
A road through Moth
*Chuckles*
you just need to apply the pressure in the right way, father could do it, and I... I don't do that anymore.
Gets a knee on the ground and picks a handful of grass between his fingers.
"If you are sure there are bandits we should hide in the woods, or get out the road, they might be likely to come back"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:32, Sun 06 Aug 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 35 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 02:47
A road through Moth
Thothum was less than certain about what everyone was talking about, but he did know what to do about bandits. Bandits were rival gangs, and that meant that they would be dealt with the way all rivals were dealt with. They'd get the axe. That was how Thothum was supposed to deal with them. Still, this whole sign business was troubling for other reasons. If someone would have to be as big as him to do that to the sign, then maybe there was someone else as big as him out there. Maybe even one of his family. He'd only ever really known his father and, well... "We look for them?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 36 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 16:05
A road through Moth
After examining the roads Liliana sat down and stared out into the fog while listening to the others. Briefly a smile shone through her grim expression. Although it was gone by the time she spoke up. "The roads are slowly growing over. Bandits can be found where people travel and people have abandoned this place. I don't believe you need fear bandits, Kyle. I’m sure even they are wise enough to stay out of the fog." She suddenly stood up and brushed off her clothes. "Horses go wild sometimes. A cart could have collided with the signpost." It was a nice thought even though she also feared the signposts destruction had been done with ill intent.

"I should go take care of my private business before we head off again." She gestured towards the side of the road. "I'll be right back." She walked off the road and into the fog, her pace becoming more hurried the further away from the road she got.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:13, Mon 07 Aug 2017.

GM
 GM, 73 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 18:34
A road through Moth
"Well, it would explain why people have gone missing when trying to get out of the town. Could be bandits watching the road and ditching the bodies into the swamp, wouldn't find them there. Though even then some things seem... off." Lars is cut off by Liliana's sudden departure.
"Try not to go too far." He looks after Liliana for a while but soon gets back to his thoughts.
Thothum Arha
 player, 36 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 21:26
A road through Moth
Thothum was confused. Liliana was his boss now, and that meant that he was supposed to protect her, but she hadn't told him to come. Now, sometimes that meant that he was supposed to come anyways, and sometimes it meant he was. Ellona had always been good about telling him which it was, but Omirim hadn't been. The worry and internal struggled played out across his plate-sized face in waves of contorted expressions as he looked off in the direction she'd gone so suddenly.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 37 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 23:21
A road through Moth
After a while Liliana returned. She emerged from the fog and stopped in the middle of the road. "Did you guys come to any conclusions as to which road we should take?" She asked while dividing her attention between looking across her companions and out into the fog.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:23, Tue 08 Aug 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 44 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 12:48
A road through Moth
Kyle looks up from the ground, glad to see her come back from the mist.
I bet this was a weird moment to go to the loo, should have go back at the village...
"We can either wait for something to happen or go out and find it ourselves, if you don't mind the clattering noise" he stands up and starts walking around.
"But, which road? Maybe the widest one is the most used, so more chance of success."
Esther
 player, 39 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 13:10
A road through Moth
"Did we ever ask from the smith from where he is expecting to get this shipment? He might know which one of these roads the shipment should be coming from." Esther looks towards the road which they came from the town. "We could go back to the town and ask if they know and if they don't we can come back here. Maybe even spend some time to search any clues between crossroad and the village."

"But if I had to guess. The forest road seems more likely place for shipment to go missing. Bandits and that sort might prefer it as an ambush spot." Esther looks at the forest and sighs. "Our escort got attacked by some beasts... I bet they don't distinguish between forests and swamps, so we could just flip a coin."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 38 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 16:13
A road through Moth
Liliana snapped her head towards Esther. "No. You might be right Miss Esther." Liliana said thoughtfully. "You told us there were animal tracks in the swamp but almost none in the forest? That's unusual. Even the most majestic of animals cover in fear..." The last part was spoken softly as if she was thinking out loud to herself.

"The forest road might be our best chance." The town was many long hours behind them. If they ventured back she didn't think she'd be going out again. Not for this. Asking help from Thothum would be a far less dangerous means of removing the shackles. She looked down the road and sighed. "Going back would be the wiser choice. But if we are venturing on and any road is the same..." she gestured towards the forest path.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:27, Wed 09 Aug 2017.

Esther
 player, 40 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 20:14
A road through Moth
"I guess we could take a look to the forest, since we came all the way here." Esther ponders aloud. "I'm not sure if we should be brave too deep." She adds, with slight hint of uncertainty in her voice.
GM
 GM, 74 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 13:06
A road through Moth
Lars turns to look at the path others were discussing.
"I guess it's good as guess as the other."

For a good while you keep walking the path trying to find clues of the missing caravan, but unfortunately, nothing catches your eyes. The passage doesn't stray deep into the forest and borders the swamp at times.
After over an hour of walking, the silence of the wilderness is broken by spine chilling howl coming from somewhere in front of you. It was like a wolf had howled but something was very off about it. It's voice echoed as if you were in an empty room with it.

Lars turned to the direction the voice came from and awkwardly took the sword into his hands.
"I really did wish this was just bandits doing."
Kyle Silver
 player, 46 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 16:47
A road through Moth
Kyle stops and stares where he thinks he heard the sound, then he slides back his feet one, two steps, adopting a stance and holds tight to his chains.
Eyes open. Light feet. Here we go.
He starts shaking, still holding the position.
Esther
 player, 41 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 17:30
A road through Moth
"Huh? Kyle what is wrong?" Esther asks when he sees his reaction and turns to see what might cause him to startle.
Kyle Silver
 player, 47 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 19:03
A road through Moth
"What?! You didn't hear t-that?" He points the misty road. He takes a breath and calms himself.
"There is something there, and we are starting to catch that something's attention"
He keeps vigilant, and if there is no movement he starts walking carefully towards.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 39 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 19:37
A road through Moth
Liliana startled at the sound of the howl and clutched her shackled hands to her chest. Then just as Kyle finished speaking she suddenly began running without as much as a word of warning. She ran straight past Kyle and down the road towards the sound of the howl.
Kyle Silver
 player, 48 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 19:52
A road through Moth
The sudden movement makes him turn his head in all directions.
"Hey, what-? Liliana!"
He darts in her direction, trying to catch her up.
Esther
 player, 42 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 20:10
A road through Moth
"Aaand now we are doing this..." Esther mumbles and starts to jog after Kyle. She didn't really feel protected enough to do this, but idea of being separated from the rest didn't sound great either.
Thothum Arha
 player, 37 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 01:20
A road through Moth
Thothum wasn't exactly the fastest person in the world, but his long legs made it easier for him to keep up with the smaller folks, even with his giant axe in hand. Liliana's tendency to suddenly run off without explanations was getting Thothum concerned. He knew it wasn't his place to question his boss, but it didn't seem safe. Then again, his bosses sometimes did things that he didn't think were safe and they generally came out okay. Generally. Just something to get used to when you were an underling.
GM
 GM, 76 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 16:20
A road through Moth
Liliana rushed forth to the fog and after a while took a sharp turn to the right, into the forest.
Sound of flies fills the air as you stumble onto a small opening it the forest after Liliana. A single oak tree stands in the clearing with a corpse lying at it's roots. What had been a man was torn apart, his ribs forcibly to divided from the chest and organs, what little there was left, maimed to unrecognizable mush. His lower jaw was missing along with the eyes and from the looks of it he had died long ago, as color had faded from his skin and scavengers had already made their mark.
Kyle Silver
 player, 50 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 19:15
A road through Moth
Kyle rushes through the forest dodging branches and bushes, almost losing sign of Liliana when she turned to the right.
Finally he gets to the opening braking his run into a firm trot. He glances at the scene and contains his guts from vomiting, bending over himself and covering his mouth for a moment. Then he looks around avoiding the corpse, but still smelling its scent.
"-What the hell happened here?"
He tries to listen to any other noise in the mist.
Esther
 player, 43 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 19:56
A road through Moth
Esther followed after Kyle, she was not keen to rush blindly into the foggy forest unarmed and defenseless. His sudden disgusted reaction clearly signaled from something being ill, however there was no clearly imminent danger. "What is it?" Esther whispered and approached him. Then she saw what others had found.

Esther had her own fair share of death and carnage, enough to dull her for most; if anything she could've imagined. But this sight was one step above even her tolerance. "Bloody hell-..." She shrieks quietly and turns to look away from the mess. "That is... Great, why are we here...?" She complains to herself and takes few steps backwards.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 41 posts
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 16:51
A road through Moth
Liliana came to a dead halt as she entered the clearing and could only watch the mangled remains in mute horror. Her feet felt unsteady and she collapsed down into a seated position as they gave way under her. Soon she began to recover her breath which had grown heavy after the run. Rapid breathing gave way to quiet sobbing.

It wasn't the first time she had seen the dead but sickness and age while not pretty by any means was not this grotesque and filled with malice. "This man died some time ago." Liliana stated the obvious while wiping her eyes on her sleeves. "The howl we heard might have been a wolf. The monster responsible for this be it human or something else is likely gone by now." She looked past the corpse into the woods. "He might have had a camp nearby, between here and the road. We could look for remains of it before we leave." She wondered if this was the fate that had awaited the guards escorting them.

"Just... just." Her eyes quickly drifted on to the corpse and back to the surrounding forest. "Just maybe don't step too close to the body."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:01, Tue 15 Aug 2017.

GM
 GM, 78 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 11:19
A road through Moth
Coming a bit behind others, Lars dashes into the opening and stops when he notices you. He looks around for a while and finally relaxes himself and takes a few steps towards the tree in center.
"Now there's a sight you wouldn't want to see on a dinner table." He examines the body before walking to Liliana.
"And you shouldn't barge to the unknown like that. Could have gotten you killed."
Esther
 player, 44 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 17:00
A road through Moth
"Yeah, what hell was that about?" Esther asks from Liliana.

She spends few moments to recover her composure and to think about the situation. "You are right, we should investigate this... carefully" She acknowledges and looks at Thothum. "We have him with us..." She whispers and thinks through the plan to search the forest.
Thothum Arha
 player, 38 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 08:58
A road through Moth
Thothum was, perhaps, barely as disturbed as the others. It wasn't that he was particularly immune to the effects of a mangled corpse, but it was mostly that he was distracted by other things. Dangers to be aware of when there were such things nearby, and a boss to listen to. A mind filled with such concerns hardly had the room to notice the full gruesomeness of the scene before it. Besides, if it had, he might've lost his breakfast, and he could ill-afford such things. Still, to hear the others question the boss like that... they must've been higher up in the gang than he was. That made sense. People usually were higher up than he was. Not when he was standing, but that was a different kind of up.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 42 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 18:26
A road through Moth
"I'm sorry!" Liliana answered Lars sounding genuinely embarrassed. After picking herself up from the ground she looked towards Esther. "I panicked. I'll be more careful in the future. The camp would likely be near the road. Careful is good, we should stick together." She also looked towards Thothum. "His size alone might scare away many predators..." She said quietly.

Carefully she took a few steps closer to the tree and frowned up at the crow. She had grown up in the woods and was familiar enough with the animals that lived there. The quiet was eerie and the first bird they saw being a crow perching on a tree above a mutilated corpse was an ill omen indeed. Everyone knew crows were harbingers of misfortune and like black cats and rats often in league with the wicket.

She folded her hands in front of her and said a silent prayer for the departed although knowing that this place would be anything but haunted was a vain hope. "No tools for grave digging." She muttered. "No salt either."

She remained thoughtful for a moment. "We can't leave just yet." She walked back the way they came and started gathering fresh leafs from the trees. "We'll step over these leafs on our way back. If that poor man has turned into a vengeful spirit seeking retribution against the living for his cruel and unjust death than it might be be confused by the life in the leafs and mistake it for ours. That might keep it from following after us."

She started laying out leafs on the ground making a thick line of fresh leafs among the dead. She attending to the task with the utmost dedication and seriousness.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:32, Thu 17 Aug 2017.

GM
 GM, 79 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 23:18
A road through Moth
"You...You panicked and ran towards the danger? And what's this about vengeful spirits? Have you completely lost it!?" Agitated and not understanding what Liliana was on about, Lars paced between her and the corpse.
"I guess we should see if he by some chance has something to do with the caravan. Someone should look through his pockets." Lars says after a heavy sigh.
"Might as well be me I suppose."
Kyle Silver
 player, 51 posts
 King of Eden
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 08:11
A road through Moth
One thing was sure. Kyle did not like crows. Specially at that moment, when it reminds him that he was going to face the Schlotterstein Ravens before he got in all this mess. That though makes him close his fists and stare at the birds. Are they staring back?
He wait for Liliana to place all those leaves, although he does not consider himself a supersticious man, understands good luck rituals as he saw them before the matches. Never seemed to work for him.
I cannot trust fortune, just myself and my skills.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 43 posts
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 01:09
A road through Moth
Liliana did not try explaining herself any further choosing instead to ignore Lars's outburst. They'd be leaving the corpse behind without preforming as much as the simplest of burials or funeral rites and Lars evidently did not think that might have repercussions. Foreigners were weird.

"The corpse is best left alone." She said hesitantly. Searching the body was not a bad idea if not for the circumstances. She looked back at Lars and the corpse weighting her options before glancing up at the crows gathering in the tree, her eyes narrowed at finding more of them perching there.

With a look of concern she hastened to finish her work, making sure the line was long enough to accommodate Thothum.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:11, Sat 19 Aug 2017.

Esther
 player, 45 posts
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 11:18
A road through Moth
She took few subconscious steps closer to Thothum, just to feel little more secure. All this fuss about rituals for dead and spirits was waste of time, but she kept her mouth shut and observed the surroundings while trying to calm her anxious breathing.

"Are we leaving? Should we search the surroundings first? He might be part of the crew we are looking for." She asked out of curiosity once she had regained her cool.
GM
 GM, 80 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 19:22
A road through Moth
Just as he was about to kneel next to the corpse, Lars turned to look at Liliana.
"Will the vengeful spirit come after me if I start poking around his belongings?" As he said this, a murder of crows had occupied the tree. They were silently watching Lars, moving their heads in unison as he did. Either he didn't pay mind to them or he hadn't noticed them for some reason.
"I'm okay with leaving this fella to become one with the earth after a quick search."
Thothum Arha
 player, 39 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 18:34
A road through Moth
Thothum was not a very bright man, or a very clever man, or a very small man. He was, however, as loyal and straightforward as a dog. Admittedly, he was a dog that weighed in at over 500kg, but a dog he was. So, when Liliana said that the corpse was to be left alone, that meant that it was to be left alone. His axe lifted off his shoulder with surprising ease for someone grasping it in only a single hand, and lowered it until it touched the ground next to Lars.

"Boss Liliana say not to touch. You should not touch." He didn't really know how to be threatening, so he said this in the same voice as he said anything else, and thus without the menace or meaning most people found for such occasions. Still, he found that most people agreed with the boss when he set the business end of his weapon near them and told them to. He thought it meant his boss was persuasive, but only when people were reminded to listen. He had to be reminded to listen sometimes, and his axe seemed to help other people do that too.
GM
 GM, 81 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 17:55
A road through Moth
"You better back off big guy, you don't want to start a fuzz over this." Lars responded without moving an inch, in an cold and annoyed manner.
"Here I am, volunteering to do the dirty work and I get threatened for it?" He turned to face Thothum, but as he did, one of the crows let out a loud caw and the crows charged Lars in unison.
Kyle Silver
 player, 56 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 22:40
A road through Moth
Kyle does think twice, and does the only thing he knows. Play.

He cover himself in his cloack and darts forward Lars, who is struggling against the birds. With the only purpose of getting him out of danger, he leaps forward and tries to tackle him.
While initially being successful at gaining hold of Lars, he quickly manages to resist the tackle and does a quick spin to Kyle's side. Lars looks at him in confusion, taking a more prepared stance in case Kyle or Thothum tried to assault him.
"Wh-what the hell was that for?!" Lars shouts in anger.

"Move, you fool!"shouts the young man, now catching the attention of the ravens.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:25, Wed 23 Aug 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 44 posts
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 21:47
A road through Moth
She ignored Lars again but it was clear she would need to have a talk with him once they were safely back about how to treat the deceased without suffering misfortune or the ire of a lingering soul. When Thothum started speaking and it was more than a one or two word sentence she stood up from where she was crouching, and looked at them. The altercation had her worried and she was about to tell Thothum that it was okay.

Wait. Had Thothum just called her boss? How in the world had he gotten that idea? That was another conversation she needed to have.

Any worry she had about a conflict disappeared the moment the crows took to the air. As they began descended upon Lars she took several steps backwards crossing over the line of leafs she had created. Her instincts told her to turn around and run until she found a place she could hide while waiting for the storm to pass. If she ran now she might escape while they focused on Lars. In the past she might, no would have run.

Liliana did not consider herself a fighter of any sort but she had walked down the twisted path and was no longer helpless. She couldn't crumble the moment the evil of Moth peeked out of the shadows. She would accomplish her goals no matter where the path lead and she would try to help Lars. All she had done wouldn't be for nothing.

She brought her hands up to her chest and closer her eyes as if in prayer while murmuring lowly to herself.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:53, Wed 23 Aug 2017.

GM
 GM, 87 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 14:07
A road through Moth
The crows swarm Lars and Kyle in seconds, their feathers and loud caws filling the air. Lars' blood-curdling shouts of pain can barely be heard among the noise of the crows and they soon turn their attention to Kyle, leaving Lars to lie in the ground motionless and covered in blood.
His clothes have been turned into shreds by their beaks and claws in a blink of an eye and the blood covering most of his skin makes it hard to see how serious the wounds are. If he is even alive anymore.
Kyle Silver
 player, 59 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 19:36
A road through Moth
With horror in his eyes, Kyle tries to dodge the cursed birds, but these are not falling for his feints, so he just tries to roll to the side
Thothum Arha
 player, 42 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 15:41
A road through Moth
Birds that attacked people. That was a new one. In his youth though, Thothum had learned that the entire world was a deadly thing, though it wasn't something he understood until much later. Things were deadly to other people, not to him, and that was how he had to live. But his boss would be in danger, and that was unacceptable, so Thothum bellowed a cry of rage and defiance and took a wild swing at the crows with his axe. He wasn't a particularly accurate fighter on his own initiative, but he had to draw their aggression to him somehow. This usually worked.

His axe cleaved into the mass of feathers and flesh, and he was almost surprised at how cleanly it cut. He was used to people and things being cut easily, but the cart had given him trouble. He'd thought the axe was dull. People often called him that, so he knew what it meant. And yet the blood trailed after his axe like a wave of crimson flames...

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:03, Fri 25 Aug 2017.

GM
 GM, 94 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 20:54
A road through Moth
Annoyed and furious from Thothum's axe swing, the crows started to divert their attention from Kyle to avenge their fallen brethren while still trying to peck the life out of the former Eden star.

Kyle was lucky enough dodge most of their sharp claws and beaks, only suffering few scathes.

The crows didn't seem to understand the concept of fear, as they struck the hulking giant with ferocity that would match any cornered animal. Their sharp beaks worked hard to penetrate Thothum's thick skin and their numbers provided ample opportunities to attack where he couldn't defend himself. Their strikes were painful for sure, but minor bleeding was definetly not going to stop the tree sized man.
Esther
 player, 49 posts
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 21:17
A road through Moth
Turning to face the situation that had quickly escalated behind her, Esther judged her options a split second. She would not be much help in fight, not with these shackles and without a proper weapon.

Thothum and Kyle were putting up a fight, that was good. How did Lars end up there? Is he alive? Questions for later time! Esther made her decision and sprang into movement. First few steps made her boots slide on wet underbrush, almost ending her dash short. She managed to keep the momentum and balance long enough to land next to Lars.

She quickly lifted his beaten up body above ground, just enough to be able to slide her arms under his armpits to drag his lifeless body to safety. "Fuck'em up boys!" She shouted out of habit as she started to create distance between her and the crows.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 45 posts
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 08:47
A road through Moth
Seconds, the crows tore Lars to shreds in seconds. It was clear the crows were dangerous but she hadn't been prepared for that. The speed of it left her feeling shocked with a growing sense of dread as she realized that it could just as easily have been her. Her heart did a leap when she saw Thothum fight back against the crows leaving a trail of blood.

Her hands started moving, first gesturing a cross shape across her chest but then began moving in a wave like pattern. Having seen what the crows did to Lars her first priority was to not suffer the same fate.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:55, Mon 28 Aug 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 63 posts
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 10:17
A road through Moth

This message was deleted by the player at 10:29, Sat 26 Aug 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 46 posts
Mon 28 Aug 2017
at 16:37
A road through Moth

This message was deleted by the player at 19:06, Mon 28 Aug 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 47 posts
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 17:01
A road through Moth
Thothum and Kyle was faring surprisingly well despite being trapped within the murder of crows. Surprising considering how fast Lars had been torn up. Even so they couldn't hold on forever and the crows appeared quite angered with Thothum now who had already taken some scratches. Escaping for him at least seemed unlikely unless they let him go. Evil did not easily let go.

Before that however they had seemed angered by Lars, watching him while he spoke about searching the corpse and attacked him when he neared. Was it coincidence or was it
something about the man who had died? Or something he carried? She turned her attention towards the gruesome corpse.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:07, Tue 29 Aug 2017.

Esther
 player, 51 posts
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 17:17
A road through Moth
Esther shiftily dragged Lars's body next to Liliana. She quickly gazed towards Thothum and Kyle to see how they were faring against the birds before turning back to Lars. She didn't waste any time and started checking any signs of live and the best way to give medical aid with little tools she had available. I can rip bandages from his clothes with his sword, but all this blood might be a problem. Esther weighted her limited options.
GM
 GM, 98 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 17:39
A road through Moth
Esther tried her best to bind Lars' wounds, but it seemed futile as there was too many wounds for her to handle and her fingers kept slipping as the blood soiled them. Rag after another they all soaked in the red fluid.

As fast as the crows had descended upon you, they suddenly dispersed in a hurry, flying to different directions and leaving only feathers behind. The immense cawing stopped and silence fell once again to the forest. The whole moment was over so fast that it was almost surreal.
Little by little, a chilling wind began to rose, flowing through West of the forest.
Kyle Silver
 player, 66 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 07:47
A road through Moth
Kyle stops his dodge and duck routine and watches the birds flee.
"W-we did it!"
He checks himself, apparently unscattered, then he turns into Thothum.
"Well played big man!" and he bumps his fist.
He now go checks on the laying Lars, overexcited and unaware of the chilly breath that they are starting to exhale.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:48, Wed 30 Aug 2017.

Esther
 player, 52 posts
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 17:24
A road through Moth
She had only little experience on wound treatment and that little skill she had didn't include treatment of wounds inflicted by birds. Clearly frustrated to her failed attempts to bandage his wounds she tossed the sword away instead of continuing ripping more of Lars's clothes. She started to wipe the blood off to see better the severity of Lars's wounds instead of blindly attempting to dress them.

Noticing Kyle approaching she figures out that birds are defeated or gone. She turns her attention to Liliana and beckons her with her blood soaked arm "Can you help me out here? He is bleeding like crazy, how this happened?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:27, Wed 30 Aug 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 47 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 18:59
A road through Moth
Thothum had been prepared for a much longer fight, though as he thought about it he didn't really know why that would've been. Birds had never really fought him before. Well, not small birds, anyways. Still, they'd given him a few nips here and there, and that probably hurt a bit, but he paid it no mind. No one had ever hurt him enough to make it stick. "You okay, boss?" he asked as he slung his axe back over his shoulder and trudged back to the group. He hadn't quite let his guard down, but that was because he never could when his boss was around. Keep them safe. That was the goal. The duty.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 51 posts
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 21:57
A road through Moth
Liliana looked between Esther and Thothum. Their voices had shaken her free from where she stood staring transfixed towards the west. "I'm n- I'm unharmed. We can't stay here." She said sounding shaken and knelt down next to Esther. "They ran and we should too." With quick but shaky hands she checked up on Lars. Trying to determine if he was still alive and the extend of his injuries.

Lars wouldn't survive long, bleeding as he was. Liliana did not feel confident she could save him without proper bandages. The ragged clothing Esther had tried binding his wounds with was already soaked through. A pang of guilt went through her momentarily overpowering the dread she felt. She could save his life, but at what price?

She reached out and began adjusting some of the makeshift bandages Esther had placed and helped her place new ones while speaking in a low certain tone. "Spirits of life and nature by the fire of life that burns in my chest I ask you to gather onto me." She was painfully aware that the others were standing around her watching. "Rivers should flow, pure and crystalline. But red rivers must not, they must be dammed up. With this offering I ask you to stop this red flow." Forgive me.

After less than half a minute later she stopped her efforts. "There." She said hesitantly keeping her eyes on the ground. "We've done what we can and I've spoken a prayer. The rest is up to him."

Liliana looked towards Thothum towering far above her. "Thothum, could you?" After a moment she added "Carry him? Please." She stood up. "We should run. Back to the road."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:04, Thu 31 Aug 2017.

GM
 GM, 99 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 31 Aug 2017
at 17:48
A road through Moth
The wind kept strengthening and the already dark sky had turned more shadowy. The sound of crows had disappeared, but a faint odd noise had replaced it. If listened very carefully, you could hear a sound which would be best described as a frog, but much more vile and twisted. The low-pitched voice slowly kept creeping closer from the West and was soon accompanied with a weird sizzling sound.
Kyle Silver
 player, 68 posts
 King of Eden
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 15:53
A road through Moth
Kyle listens carefully to Liliana's words. What a beautiful prayer, but not the best moment for faith, that guy needs a proper doctor.
As they start returning to the road, he hears a weird noise coming from one direction, bringing a grim feeling with it.

"Mmmh... I think we are not alone in these woods, we should hurry"
And he holds his half shredded cloak with his fists.
Thothum Arha
 player, 48 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 17:08
A road through Moth
Thothum nodded. "Got it, boss." And, with the same ease he'd picked up the captain before, Thothum lifted and cradled the bleeding Lars in one arm before picking his axe back up with the other. It was, perhaps, a bit less impressive than it had been the first time, but as everyone else began to run he was no less impressive when he began to run at full speed with all of that extra weight. Or, at the very least, what seemed like full speed. He certainly wasn't much slower than anyone else. He wondered if all of his good work meant another nice meal...
GM
 GM, 100 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 22:11
A road through Moth
As you started fleeing from the opening, a brief glimpse of black tendrils creeping from the forest could be seen if you looked back. The grass around them was turning dark, but not lifeless as they passed by.

Finally you reached back to the road you had travelled earlier.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 54 posts
Tue 5 Sep 2017
at 21:32
A road through Moth
Back on the road Liliana turned around and carefully looked into the foggy woods. "Is it following us?" She asked with a shudder "I don't think those were crows back there and that blackness. What was that?" She asked mostly out of shock and confusion rather than any hope of an answer.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:37, Tue 05 Sept 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 70 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 08:02
A road through Moth
"Well, I´m not a birdkeeper myself, but I was close enough to tell that those were crows."
He stops for a second and glances at the rest, the morale was a bit down, anyone can tell. Liliana was shrugging, Esther was nervously looking everywhere and his own knees were trembling. Thothum, well, Thothum would have made a great stuffed animal.
"Right fellas, breaktime is over, let´s walk the road until we find something, and no more 'run into the forest, run' right?
He briefly leads the way through the road until he whispers Esther "Is this the correct direction?"
Esther
 player, 53 posts
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 16:04
A road through Moth
Esther being recovered her cool once again kept looking their trail as they moved from the forest. Now filled with strange sensation of curiosity what could've been back there. She made occasional peeks towards Lars to see if he was bleeding badly. "Do we have time to get him to town before he bleeds out?" She asked Liliana who had made last treatments to him.

"Direction?" She replied to Kyle's question and continued "Are we still going after the cart? Shouldn't Lars's well being be our concern?" She asked in return. "I want to get out of these bloody shackles as much as everyone else." She stated and looked her blood soaked manacles.
Kyle Silver
 player, 71 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 19:39
A road through Moth
"I share your concern, but if we go back, and have to return to these roads again the only thing we get is more time near the woods, the fog, the birds and Abel knows what else trying to harm us. If we get to find the cart, at least we can return with something, and Lars can lay on a proper surface, no offense Thothum."
Kyle words seemed to have effect, at least on himself, giving some empty hope.
"We need to learn from him, be more cautious"
Thothum Arha
 player, 49 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 22:35
A road through Moth
Thothum wasn't certain why he was supposed to take offense. That was what he had been taught. If someone said that they meant no offense, it meant that they had something he might've taken offense to. It was confusing. Why couldn't people just say things instead of saying things about what they didn't actually say? He went to rub his forehead, but remembered that Lars when there when the man grunted as he shifted him. "I think that it was probably magic." The giant named Thothum, bless him, knew exactly two things about magic.

1. It wasn't something he was capable of doing.
2. It hurt.
3. He didn't understand it.

So, in his heart of hearts, he had decided that anything that fit into all all of those categories was definitely magic. He wasn't capable of attacking folks with crows, and it had hurt, and he didn't understand crows. So, it was magic.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 55 posts
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 01:36
A road through Moth
Liliana headed towards Thothum to examining Lars as Esther had requested. The bleeding would have stopped she was certain of. That much she had accomplished at least and as much of a miracle it might seem like she knew it was anything but. Hopefully the brunt of the consequences would fall on her shoulders as Lars had not been given a choice in the matter. A curse or two more hardly made much of a difference for her as far down this path she had already gone.

She was visibly startled by Thothum and froze in her step a meter away from him. Not at all sharing his trail of thought she jumped to her own dark conclusions. "Magic? What makes you say that? All I did was say an ancient forest prayer."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:38, Sat 09 Sept 2017.

Esther
 player, 54 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 19:32
A road through Moth
"He was beaten badly. What ever you did, he is not bleeding all over Thothum right now. I call it pretty effective prayer. Maybe you can pray that cart to us next." Esther wondered and gave exaggerated shrug. She made sure to check Lars's wounds when she had better chance to do so, but this was not the time and place to do so.

"If his dead weight is not a problem for us, we should keep looking." She gave another look to the forest, just to make sure if that strange darkness was still following them. "Those voices, they almost sounded like a human..." She muttered aloud.
Thothum Arha
 player, 51 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 20:03
A road through Moth
Thothum didn't understand. He had answered the question the boss had asked, but she had responded like he'd said something else. Or did she? And why was everyone talking about Lars now? He furrowed his brow in thought. New bosses were hard to get used to. "I think..." he began, but then stopped for a moment and put on his serious face. It wasn't exactly impressive. "It was magic because crows do not usually bite me. And it was cold."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 56 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 22:42
A road through Moth
"Oh the crows!" Taking the last few steps towards Thothum she gave Lars a quick look. Liliana brushed a hand through her hair and looked up at the giant, straining her neck in the process. "Yes I think you are right, Thothum. I grew up in the woods. I know crows and those things? There was something off about them. Their behavior, their movements, it was like they were trying very hard to act as crows but couldn't do it perfectly."

Then she turned half way around towards Esther. "Lars does look better, but you did most of the work." She said weakly. "You two want to keep going? You are most brave. We don't even know if this is the right road. I may have chosen poorly." Staying out here with such wickedness lurking nearby was frightful but she held herself together. Had she seen all she was supposed to see in there? Was it a stern warning to turn back? That at least it was whether intended or not. Still, Kyle made a good point. They where already out here and going back wasn't necessarily any better at this point. "Well. We shouldn't stay here." She walked up beside Esther and waited to see if they would continue up the road.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:44, Sun 10 Sept 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 73 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 14:52
A road through Moth
The only thing Kyle knew about crows until that day was the Eden maneuver, where a player would jump on a column to fall on a rival and steal the ball successfully. That was a top movement.
The trick it's to let them run and move, and learn the pattern...
Lost in his thoughts, hands at the back of his head he walks toward the road in a distracted way.
GM
 GM, 103 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 18:42
A road through Moth
You continue the road in effort to find signs of the lost caravan. Soon you start to notice a low vibrating sound. It's not particularly alarming and feels a bit like your ears were just ringing for no apparent reason.
Walking less than two kilometers you come across a trail of dark blood, that crosses the road from small forest enclosure, between you and the swamp, to the forest. It's very obvious that the blood has come from something being dragged rather than dripping naturally.
Kyle Silver
 player, 74 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 20:24
A road through Moth
Kyle stops as his mouths goes dry.
"I don't remember this blood being here before, maybe we are on the wrong road after all"
And turns to the group to make sure that no one is starting another run after in the forest for any reason. But deep inside, he is the one trying not to run.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 57 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 21:39
A road through Moth
The trail of blood was most worrying but she didn't feel as frightened or shocked as she ought to, after the clearing she was mostly feeling numb. Kneeling down in front of the trail she drew her finger across the blood and rubbed it between two fingers to see if the blood had been spilled recently. Her gaze wandered in the direction of the swamp. "The blood is mostly dried up. It is older than this trail, I think. Who- whatever was dragged across must have been dead for some time."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:20, Thu 14 Sept 2017.

Esther
 player, 55 posts
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 12:31
A road through Moth
She stepped next to the trail and inspected it, to attempt to figure out the direction the trail originated from. "Following this trail could be best plan right now.." Esther paused for a second as she walked few steps towards the direction she believed the trail was from. "It might be caravan we are looking for, or be just some poor farmer who happened to live too far from the town."
Thothum Arha
 player, 53 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 14:35
A road through Moth
Thothum held his tongue. Not literally, of course; he was too busy holding his new axe and Lars. He was proud of himself for remembering the phrase though, even though holding your tongue didn't really make it impossible to talk, and it was supposed to mean keeping quiet. Still, more blood was just more blood to him. He didn't like it, but what was he going to do about it when his boss had told him to hold the bleeding guy? There were things best left to the professionals, in his mind, and this was one of those things. It was just a good thing that he had a new boss, or else he might've already gone back to town and might've never found the caravan that he would've needed to set the rest of them free.

Wait...
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 60 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 22:49
A road through Moth
"It could be either, but we should investigate." Liliana agreed. "I don't think we can afford not to, if you can tell where it came from." Knowledge about what lay on the other side of the trail was something she could do without. Perhaps it was just a scavenger dragging carrion away, but she couldn't bring herself to believe it. Knowing they would once again leave the road she sighed and made a gesture of a cross across her chest.

Turning away from the bloody trail she gave a Kyle a worried look. Walking up to him she put a hand on his shoulder. Or rather both hands as they were rather inseparable at the moment. "How are you doing, Kyle?" She said sounding concerned and with a gentle push tried guiding him towards some nearby rocks. "Do you want to sit down a little before we move on?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:52, Sat 16 Sept 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 78 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 06:11
A road through Moth
Kyle startles and almost delivers a low kick, but the voice calm him. He lowers his head and takes a deep breath, then smiles.
"I'm alright Lily, not tired at all" but he gets carried away to the rocks, and sits down like a good lad. He keeps moving his hands, opening and closing, like to let the blood flow move easier.
"You should sit as well" and he makes some room in the stones. "When we finally get rid of this irons, I won't stop running for two moons... What will you do?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 61 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 18:35
A road through Moth
It wasn't a bad idea Liliana had to admit as she sat down beside Kyle. Walking for miles and running through the woods slow but steadily took its toll. "What will I do?" She asked thoughtfully. "Escape this accursed fog and continued my work." Hopefully taking a small breather and focus on something else than the horror surrounding them would be of a little aid.

"I tried going east, it's said you can find anything in the markets of Dwänholf. Powder ground from Unicorn horn and elixir made from the roots of a Mandrake, substances that can cure anything or so it's said." She sighed. "Perhaps I'll go the opposite direction this time, visit the great cities of the west and their libraries, if I have the time."

She knew they couldn't linger long, but she didn't want to push Kyle either. She looked towards Esther and Thothum as if asking if they wanted to share something.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:49, Sun 17 Sept 2017.

Esther
 player, 56 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 20:36
A road through Moth
Esther stared Liliana and Kyle, clearly wanting to continue and see where the trail would lead them. But they had traveled a while now, short breather wouldn't hurt anyone.

When Liliana responded to her stare she crossed her arms best she could and pondered a while before answering. "It is best that you don't know who I am. There is nothing good I could tell about me. I'm... I'm just a survivor." Her last words died to her lips, barely making enough sound to be audible. She turned away from others and took few steps towards the bloody trail.

"If you are tired, we could stop here for a moment. This could be our best moment to check if Lars is still with us." She added after moment of silence.
Thothum Arha
 player, 54 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 15:37
A road through Moth
Social cues had never been Thothum's forte. As it were, he wasn't even certain what the word forte meant, but that's how it had been described to him. Liliana's look, therefore, elicited more silence from the hulking giant. Esther's response, therefore, was a bit curious to him. Why had she started to talk about herself? Was he supposed to do that too? Figuring that if Esther did it, maybe that meant he should too. But maybe it didn't. But maybe it did so...

"I am Thothum," he began very cautiously and, if not stopped, he would continue. "I am big and strong and good at protecting people. I am best with a shield though." His face contorted slightly with the effort of describing himself. "I am... from the desert. But it was a long time ago. But I don't know how long." That seemed like enough, he hoped. Probably.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 62 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 17:47
A road through Moth
If Esther felt it best not to talk about herself then Liliana wasn't going to pry so she simply responded to the other woman with a nod. That Thothum chose to share a few things about himself was a pleasant surprise, the giant was a man of few words. "Big, strong and good at protecting people?" Liliana's wary look was briefly replaced with a smile. "You sound heaven sent in these dark hours."

Her muscles had gone stiff after resting for a bit and ached when she stood up from the rock. She walked up to Thothum and spent a few minutes examining Lars and spoke idly while doing so. "I've heard the desert is always as warm as a midsummer day and there is sand everywhere." She didn't know much more about the desert than it was a place that existed somewhere far off in the world. "Perhaps you can tell me more about your home someday. If- when we get back."

"Lars is doing better. The wounds are serious but the bleeding has stopped and it doesn't look like the claws reached anything vital. He will have some scars, but I dare say he will live as long as he get some treatment later to keep the wounds from festering." Liliana walked up next to Esther and looked the way the trail was going before turning back towards Kyle.

"Are you good to keep going, Kyle?"
Kyle Silver
 player, 79 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 20:00
A road through Moth
Kyle always wanted to travel. Being a future Eden star would made that possible, desserts, island and big capitals, everything at the reach of the hand. As long as those hands were not handcuffed.
"I feel perfectly fine" answers to Liliana, relaxing his shoulders and stretching his legs.
"The trick is in keep yourself in movement to prevent muscular pain. We should get going"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:02, Wed 20 Sept 2017.

GM
 GM, 105 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 21:13
A road through Moth
Following the blood trail wasn't as easy in the forest, let alone in the swamp, and you could only barely see few scrapes of it by following the direction it had gone. Luckily it didn't seem to deviate from that path, else searching for it could have gotten seriously difficult.
The swamp wasn't exactly pleasant place to stroll as your shoes got wet even if you tried your best to be careful not to step on watery spots. Soon after few minutes of walking in the swamp you could see something in the fog. A large thing that had too symmetric shapes to be a big stone. After closer inspection it seemed that you might have found what you were looking for, although there was a chance that this caravan was not the one. The caravan was half sunk in the swamp and almost at it's side.

As you walk nearer to it, you notice something on the ground. A severed human head. And not just any human head, one that you could have sworn to have seen not too long ago on a rotting corpse.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 63 posts
 Totally not a witch
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 18:20
A road through Moth
Liliana froze in place at the sight of the severed head. Her mind worked feverishly to determine how it could have ended up here while she simultaneously tried to suppress the desire to vomit. There really was no explanation that did not bode ill for them unless… "Oh."

"It's a caravan! Well done Esther." She tried not to look at the severed head and carefully approached the caravan. "Maybe our luck has turned. There could be something we can bring back with us. Thothum could you watch out for danger again?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:21, Fri 22 Sept 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 55 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 20:41
A road through Moth
Thothum would have saluted if it was possible for him to do so. Alas, it was not, and so he merely nodded his understanding and kept a watchful eye over the immediate area. His arm was getting a little tired from staying in the same position to hold Lars, and his hand hand fallen asleep at one point. The pinpricks of tiny needles were now running through his hand as he regained some sensation to them, but it didn't really hurt. He'd been bitten by things. Large things. That had hurt. This was more just annoying.
Kyle Silver
 player, 80 posts
 King of Eden
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 11:01
A road through Moth
Kyle tries to focus on the target and ignore the empty eyes of the head, gloomingly staring at him.
Well it's just a head. A head that belonged to a man. Nothing dangerous about it
He looks for any sign of ravens or birds in the nearby trees, and then goes to check the damn caravan with Esther.
Esther
 player, 57 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 12:13
A road through Moth
"We might need your strength over there." Esther spoke to Thothum and pointed towards the caravan. "I'm sure she can take care of Lars while we investigate." She added before catching up with Kyle.

Heads without their owner were nothing new to her. However this specimen was unusual. Unlike her handiwork, this one was pulled off from it's owner, clearly by brute force. "Careful now, something large must've attacked the caravan." She whispered to Kyle as she followed him towards hopefully now abandoned caravan.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:13, Sat 23 Sept 2017.

GM
 GM, 106 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 18:08
A road through Moth
As Esther and Kyle start to look over the sunken caravan, Lars grumbles something half-asleep and suddenly gets off from Thothum's hold, resulting in a large splash as he falls into the swamp water.
"Phaah! Who the fuck put this water here?!" Lars hastily thrashes and raises out of the shallow pool of liquid and looks around in confusion and anger.
"...Uh, where are we?"
Thothum Arha
 player, 56 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 03:45
A road through Moth
Thothum wasn't happy about Lars dropping from his arms. It meant he'd done wrong by his new boss. So, while Lars was distracted, Thothum reached down and picked him back up by the shirt and held him aloft. He wasn't quite certain how to get him back into the position he was in before, but at least he'd gotten through step one, which was to get him off the ground. Hopefully, Liliana would notice that and help him with the rest.
Kyle Silver
 player, 81 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 07:10
A road through Moth
Kyle jerks out as he hears the splash, but regains calm when he sees Thothum picking up Lars from the puddle like a kitten.
"We are in Paradis Paradis, obviously. We won Golden Tickets" answers. "Welcome back, is good to see you are alive"
He gets back to the caravan.
"Mmmph, I would like to get on top of the wagon, but I'm not sure it will hold me without sinking...you seem to be pretty light, Esther, wanna give it a try?"
Esther
 player, 58 posts
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 08:18
A road through Moth
"You want me to dance on top of the wagon or what?" She asked from Kyle. "I'm not sure if I follow your plan, but unless there is a convenient hatch we are only making things worse." She asked and inspected the wagon. "First, we could test if Thothum could pull this thing out from the bog."
GM
 GM, 107 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 10:13
A road through Moth
Being picked up by the half-giant was not really something Lars appreciated. He struggled to try and get off from his grip, not feeling comfortable being held by the man who had just threatened his life. Well, just now by his perspective.
"Let me down you loaf brain or I swear you'll experience pain like you have never felt before! God damn ogre! Urgh! Shit..." After flailing his arms furiously, Lars calms down a little after realising the amount of pain his body was still in.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 64 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 20:14
A road through Moth
Hearing more than seeing that Lars was awake she turned around and made her way to Thothum. "Here! Let him down." She instructed him and stretched her arms upwards intending to support Lars if he could hold the majority of his own weight. She didn't want him laying in filthy swamp water. "I'll take care of him while you help Esther. If you would?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Sun 24 Sept 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 57 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 20:34
A road through Moth
"Got it, boss," Thothum said as he set the smaller man down, as requested. Today was a day full of surprises for the giant of a man. His new boss sounded so polite, which was good because Ellona had been polite, but never that polite. She's always said things directly to Thothum, no asking. That made it easier for him, since he knew he didn't really have a choice anyways. After all, what was a boss for if not for giving him something to do? That was what Omirim had taught him. It had been good advice.

And so, without discussing the single, solitary thought running through his head, he went straightaway to Esther and Kyle and examined the carriage for good handholds. "Hmm..." he said, and he reached out with one hand to try and pull the caravan from the muck. One hand was usually enough for him, but it wasn't always, but he didn't want to let go of his axe, but he was supposed to help Esther, but he might be able to get away with just using one hand, so that's what he did. He'd use two hands if it came to that...

Ha. This is awesome. So I rolled Feats of Strength before remembering I didn't have Zen, nearly open rolled with it.

14:29, Today: Thothum Arha rolled 162 using 1d100+75 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3).  Feats of Strength for the pull! (87)

Then I rolled the Strength check and, wouldn't you know it...

14:31, Today: Thothum Arha rolled 14 using 1d10+13.  Strength check to pull up caravan! (1)

So that's actually an 11, or a 12 if my FoS would give me the +1 my roll would normally indicate. That's what he gets for using one hand. XD

GM
 GM, 108 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 06:47
A road through Moth
At first it seems like the cart is coming up from the swamp, but soon the progress halts. The cart is heavy, and even with Thothum's strength it might have been too big of an task for one hand.

"What... exactly happened? How long was I passed out?" Lars inspected himself, seeing the damage that had been done to his clothes, but was slightly confused that he didn't find any serious wounds.
Kyle Silver
 player, 84 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 09:01
A road through Moth
Kyle spits in his hands and proceeds to help Tothum, when suddenly the cart starts coming out.
T-that technique, cannot be! is the perfect Lineman Lift!

He doesn't listen to Lars, overwhelmed by this moment.
"C'mon Thothum, let's give it another try, I'll support you, use your legs not your back, here we go!"
Esther
 player, 59 posts
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 12:49
A road through Moth
Esther gave Thothum room to pull the cart from the swampy pit it has fallen into. Suddenly she flinched "Wha- what is that!" She yelped in shock. "Thothum! Leave the cart be!" She warned him and took circling steps away from the dark horror that creeped towards Thothum and Kyle.

She was unsure what to do, the twisted abomination was nothing like she had ever seen. Was that thing the voice she had heard before?
Thothum Arha
 player, 59 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 15:25
A road through Moth
Help Esther. That was what he was supposed to do, so when she gave an order, he followed it. He didn't ask questions, didn't react surprised, he merely let go of the cart and turned around to face Esther and see what he was meant to do next, axe already at the ready. It was always at the ready, of course. It had no sheathe, no loop to be strapped into. He'd have to fix that, probably. Otherwise his arm might get stuck that way. That was a terrifying thought, though he tried not to let it show.
GM
 GM, 109 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 15:45
A road through Moth
The black centipede creature with the face made of human skull and eyes that were white plain balls kept closing to Thothum. When it was within less than two meters, it's odd small hands lifted to it's sides and it's mouth opened.
"Mine!" It shouted with raspy high pitched voice. The creature rushed quickly forth, grabbing onto the severed head near Thothum with it's claws. It then started to try to backtrack while dragging the head with it back to the depths of the swamp.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 66 posts
 Totally not a witch
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 22:57
A road through Moth
Liliana stood back with Lars holding one arm around his back giving him some support should he falter. His questions sadly went unanswered as Liliana caught sight of the horror rising from the swamp. Her voice caught in her throat but thankfully Esther sounded the alarm quickly.

She separated from Lars leaving him to stand on his own and moved towards the others, her feet moving as quickly as the treacherous swamp ground would allow. The creature had not attacked on sight and instead wanted the head. Perhaps it was some kind of scavenger walking in the wake of whatever had fallen upon the caravan.

"You can have it!" She stepped in front of Thothum, holding out a hand to forestall the giant doing something that might needlessly antagonize the creature. "You can understand us?" She took half a step towards the creature and swallowed. She didn't know what it was except that it was certainly wicked and that both talking and giving up the remains of the dead to it was a cause for misfortune to befall them.

Yet, for one such as her who had already struck bargains with dark ghost and spirits of darkness for power the cost was of little meaning now. "We only want the wood. You can have the dead flesh. We won't get in your way but can you tell us anything about the curse that has befallen this land?" She tried keeping her voice steady. It was important to show strength, especially when dealing with forces of darkness.

Even so color drained from her face and her feet were shacking.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:10, Mon 25 Sept 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 85 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 07:38
A road through Moth
The young sportsman was focus on his task, and when the wagon was halfway through, he suddenly felt like all the weight came to his side.
"Oi! Don't leave me hangin-"
He suddenly realizes what is all the fuss about, and leaves the cart be to join the others.
What is that creature? it does not seem to be aggressive, maybe Liliana can talk us out of this, better watch it carefully...

He stands next to her, to offer some support, hands shaking between the shackles. She looks only half scared as he is, but this is the right thing to do.
GM
 GM, 110 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 07:40
A road through Moth
The creature froze in place, its eyes peeking from above the severed head. Some of it's sharp looking legs twitched here and there, anxious to get moving. It slowly raised it's body from the ground and raised its head to same level as Liliana's.
"Curse? Does not know. The great one awaken from slumber, yes?"
Taking a long pause, the creature stared into nothingness.
"The aaaaancient... It curse, maybe?" It was as if it had realised something, but it still didn't make a lot of sense with its speech.
Thothum Arha
 player, 61 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 16:02
A road through Moth
Thothum knew when to stand back, and when to step forward. That was part of the training anyone got, in his experience. You stepped in front of your boss only when they let you, or told you to. Otherwise, if they wanted to be in front, they'd be in front. Breaking this rule was a good way to get a knife in the back, or a crossbow bolt, or an axe. So, when Liliana stepped in front of him, Thothum didn't so much as move a muscle, despite the horrible thing approaching her. And, despite her shaking, he made no effort to calm her, or to scare off the monster. Instead, he stood with his giant axe at the ready, and waited for the signal.

She did know the signal, right?

This message was last edited by the player at 16:02, Wed 27 Sept 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 67 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 22:38
A road through Moth
It was good that neither Kyle nor Thothum had run off in face of such horror. Having them beside and behind her gave her strength. Numbers was the best way to ward of scavengers, or at least that was the case with animals. Such wisdom might not hold true here, but she had little else.

"The great one? What is it? Did Rugesn awaken it?" Her first priority was surviving the day but learning more about the curse that lay thick around this place and the evils within was also important. If this horrid centipede of darkness dressed in human remains was willing to speak than it was a chance she couldn't let slip away.

Learning about the dangers out there could be the difference between life and death tomorrow, or even today.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:43, Wed 27 Sept 2017.

GM
 GM, 111 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 23:21
A road through Moth
Bones crackled as the creature tilted it's head.
"Rrrgs...n?" It stood there in confusion, not knowing what to make of what was asked of it. After a moment of silence the creature changed it's attention to the first question rather than the second.
"The Great one command, the thralls follow! The Great one big! The Great one powerful!" With a hint of excitement in its voice, the creature started essentially praise this thing he calls "The Great One".
Kyle Silver
 player, 86 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 28 Sep 2017
at 08:12
A road through Moth
The only "Great One" that Kyle knew about was Tiamat, former Arkangel player and famous warrior.
There is nothing he can do now but keep watching the creature, and anticipate any attack. With men it was usually easier, they may run, jump, roll or dodge, but with a twisted form like this, the options become more numerous.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 68 posts
 Totally not a witch
Thu 28 Sep 2017
at 23:20
A road through Moth
The creatures answer sent shivers through her spine. Did all beings that belonged in the darkness owe The Great Ones their allegiance? This creature certainly seemed ready to follow. "I understand. The great one is big and powerful." Somehow she didn't think asking the centipede if its "Great One" could be put back to sleep would go over well.

The creature did not appear terribly well informed but she was not ready to give up. "Could you perhaps tell us what the great powerful one wants and where it dwells?" Liliana tested her luck again. That goals and desires was a powerful thing to know held just as true for monsters as it did for people.

She wondered if the black tendrils that chased them from the forest had been the Great One. Perhaps the voices Esther said to have heard belonged to it. Either way she didn't want to accidentally wander into its lair.
GM
 GM, 112 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 11:41
A road through Moth
"Tribute! The Great One wants tribute!" The creature got nearer to Liliana, the head in its hands only half a meter away from her.
"Meet The Great One? The Great One deep in swampy. That way." Twisting it's body almost 180 degrees, the creature turned to point at the foggy swamp, and as he did, the head in its hands dropped to the ground. The creature froze in its place for few seconds before leaping on to the head, as if to make sure that none of you would try to take it.
Kyle Silver
 player, 91 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 16:23
A road through Moth
When the shape of the head drops towards the ground, something activates in Kyle´s subconcious. The necesity of strike is stronger than his perception of shapes and forms. His brain sends by mistake lightspeed impulses down his spine, through his hips and reaching knee and feet, where the order get executed.

Kyle kicks the severed head as if was a Eden ball, and it goes arching towards the woods.

The cheer of the audience sounds in his own head, but suddenly gets interrupted by an "oops"
GM
 GM, 115 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 17:39
A road through Moth
The head is sent flying across the air, but unfortunately, so is the rotten bits and pieces of it which spread to all directions, big chunks landing on Kyle and Thothum. Watching with it's jaw open, the creature looks after the head disappearing into the fog.
"Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!" With a screech it dashes after the head and fades into the mist.

With a disgusted expression, Lars quickly starts to wipe the flesh and gore that landed on his clothes.
"Christ! Oh god that stinks!"
Esther
 player, 60 posts
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 18:25
A road through Moth
Esther had followed the situation in silence. Watching the grotesque monster, trying to predict the moment it would charge at them. When monster dashed after the rotten head she straightened her posture in disbelief. Their five fresh heads didn't seem to interest the monster; good.

Esther gave judging stare to Kyle. This was not a place to give clever comment about his unhealthy addiction to Eden. Thoughts of tying Kyle into a rotten tree trunk and leaving him as offering for swamp monsters flashed in her mind a brief second.

She turned her attention towards Liliana. "Are monsters like that commonplace in Moth?" She asked, clearly doubting her own words.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 72 posts
 Totally not a witch
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 20:13
A road through Moth
Standing her ground proved impossible and she slowly retreated back until her back bumped against the wall that was Thothum. Just as she opened her mouth to speak again the head went flying and the monster scrambled after it. "Ah!" She reached out with her hands and made a fruitless grasping motion.

Turning towards Kyle "How could... what have you done!" She wasn't sure what outraged her more. That Kyle had made the creature run off so she couldn't learn more or showing such utter disrespect for the dead. Perhaps she shouldn't be surprised; the man had after all been imprisoned for vandalizing a church.

In the end she had to admit she wasn't one to judge, she had after all let a monster claim the head in the first place. Either way she wasn't running after it into the fog, whatever good will she had gained with the creature was certainly lost now.

She brought her hands to her face and slowly moved them upwards brushing through her hair. Hearing Esther speak she turned away from Kyle with an "hmf" noise and towards Esther. For a moment her gaze seemed to drift past Esther into the distance then she met the other woman eyes and simply answered "Yes." but didn’t elaborate. "Now we know why people have been disappearing." Instead she focused on the matter at hand. "Villagers and travelers have been carried off as tribute for 'the great one'. That thing back there seemed like a scavenger desperately searching for whatever scraps it could bring back to its master. I doubt it was responsible for what happened to this caravan or ours, not alone."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:18, Tue 03 Oct 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 92 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 20:29
A road through Moth
Kyle smirks at the disapproving ladies.
"I believe what you wanted to say is 'thank you'. I got rid of the beast, didn't I?... Sorry about the mess, my mind is going crazy with these surroundings"....and I didn't know it would break like a pumpkin
He cleans the gore on his mouldy cloack, obviously one of the first clothes to be disposed when they get back to civilization... Hopefully.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:30, Tue 03 Oct 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 67 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 20:43
A road through Moth
Thothum was unhappy about the brain matter on his clothes. It felt icky, and a little bit wet, and while that was how he often felt since becoming a prisoner, this was a little gross too. He wondered, however briefly, what brains tastes like, but he decided not to try any since he had been told eating humans was bad. Ellona had made certain he knew that, even if Omirim had only shaken his head. Not that it had come up very much with either of them in the first place, but it seemed like something to remember. With a careful motion, he brushed off the gore, leaving smears of it across his clothes and skin which he would need to wash off at some later time.

All of the talk of The Great One and of villagers being dragged into helpless slaughter was, to him, less important than figuring out what he was supposed to do. Ellona had often spoken her thoughts aloud around him, and Omirim had done so to anyone who would listen. They did not like being interrupted for his opinions, though Ellona was always much more kind to him when he spoke out of turn. Just wait for your turn, Thothum, then you can tell them what you think. The only problem was, what did he think? That's a good question... he thought to himself as his mind began to wander through the events of the day.
Kyle Silver
 player, 94 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 15:31
A road through Moth
One thing was clear, that kick would have be worth a match, if not a championship.
Clapping his hands together once, he turns to Tothum and offers:
"Well, we were going to move this, shall we give it another try, big fella?"
He sets himself steady on the soft ground and prepares for pulling.
"You can join us if you feel alright Lars"
GM
 GM, 117 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 16:26
A road through Moth
"I might as well I suppose. The sooner we are out of here the sooner I can get some rest."
Still feeling the pain from all the crow beaks and claws that connected with him, Lars stretched his shoulders and with a painful grunt prepared to do his best.
Esther
 player, 61 posts
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 20:16
A road through Moth
Esther let Thothum and others to deal with the cart and took few steps closer to Liliana.

"Yes? Is that all you are going to say?" Esther asked slightly annoyed for not getting more elaborate response from her.
"Giant wolves, frenzied crows, swamp horrors... You seem to take this like it is everyday business, what else Moth has to offer?" She tried to dig answers.
Thothum Arha
 player, 69 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 21:32
A road through Moth
Thothum, uncertain of where exactly Kyle falls on his organizational hierarchy, doesn't know how to respond to his sudden request. Thothum does know that he hasn't been dismissed from his duty of helping Esther, but Esther was also talking with the boss. Omirim had always minded if Thothum started doing something new before he was told to, but Ellona had encouraged him to 'take initiative,' which he took mean doing things other folks asked him to do. Of course, she also hadn't been happy if she'd asked him to do something else and he'd stopped to do something someone else had asked him to do who wasn't high up the chart she'd drawn for him. He could still remember the circles in different colors. It was a very pretty chart, he'd thought.

Externally, Thothum's face contorted slightly until it formed into a grimace, and then further into something that might've been physical pain as he looked back and forther between Liliana and Kyle. "Uhh..." he stalled, hoping that his boss would notice, or would finish her conversation quickly. He hadn't ever needed to ask Liliana something like this before, and he didn't want to interrupt her private conversations in case she was more like Omirim than Ellona, or more like nice Ellona than mean Ellona. "Iiiiii wwwwooooouuuullld..." That's what I'll do, he thought, just keep speaking really slow-like. The plan was fool-proof.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 73 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 02:23
A road through Moth
"Ghost, spirits and forces unknowable, many things lurk in the darkness just beyond the sight of most folk." Liliana allowed. "Truthfully I don't know anything about what we have faced but every Mozzer knows there are monsters out there. They are even more common than most realize."

"There is nothing everyday about this but that wasn't the first wicked creature I've spoken with either." Liliana understood well that Esther wanted to know about the dangers they could encounter, unfortunately she had no answers for her beyond the many stories she had been told as a child as all children were. "I..." Liliana was about to say more but stopped and turned to look up at the giant. "Are you doing okay, Thothum?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:31, Sat 07 Oct 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 70 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 04:41
A road through Moth
Instant relief, even a smile, crossed Thothum's face as he turned to fully face Liliana. "Thothum fine. No, I am fine." He made certain that was correct in his head before continuing. "Was just wondering if I should still lift up cart? Esther does not seem to be doing that anymore, and you told me to help Esther, but the..." He began to blank on the name of the man standing before him. It had rhymed with something, what was that? He is the person who likes to run many mile, that is why I call him the name of... "Kyle asked if I would like to help him do it now instead."
GM
 GM, 118 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 12:07
A road through Moth
Lars observed the short exchange between Thothum and Liliana, baffled of the giant's need to follow her orders to such degree.
"...Why do you need to confirm your actions from her? You don't owe that sort of obedience to her. And the sooner we get this wagon up, the sooner we might be back to the town."
Lars was feeling a bit frustrated and his aching body wasn't helping his mood. Realising something that might speed things up, he continued.
"And besides, we wont be having a dinner before that. Nearest place with food is that town, so hurry up and help lift the wagon and we'll get to eat before tomorrow."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 74 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 22:09
A road through Moth
The possibility that Thothum might be waiting on her word hadn't struck her mind. It still made her uneasy knowing that he was looking to her for instructions. Lars was of course entirely right; nobody owed her that sort of obedience. "Ah. Well. Please do give them a hand Thothum, if you would." She said nervously and edged a little away from the giant. Pulling the wagon free if they could and returning safely was what was important now, everything else could wait until then.
Thothum Arha
 player, 71 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 00:59
A road through Moth
18:52, Today: Thothum Arha rolled 18 using 1d10+13.  Let's lift this cart. TORYAH!

Thothum was taken aback at how Lars spoke to the boss. Maybe he didn't know? That was always possible. Some people didn't know things like that. Still, Liliana wasn't acting like a normal boss, but that was okay. A boss was a boss. "Okay." With a quick motion he let swung his axe over and slammed into into the earth. The blade buried itself a good foot down, but it stayed up, and that was the important bit. "I'm gonna use both hands!" Thothum shouted. It had been a long time since he needed to use two hands to lift something. That was exciting. So, with his muscles, and his other muscles on top of the first, and the ones on top of those, he grabbed onto the cart and pulled.
GM
 GM, 119 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 13:36
A road through Moth
The wagon was raised from the water and dragged to the small patch of land. Along with it was remains of horses that were still held by the harness. Its wheels sunk to the soft moss. It was likely that the cart might end up in the swamp sooner or later even if it was on the ground now.

Lars opened the wagon's door and stepped in. He started to drop boxes and wrappings to the ground, emptying the cart to his best ability.
"Well the caravan was transporting stuff, don't think there would have been many if any passengers. Maybe it's our lucky day?"
With a jump he lifted himself onto the top of the cart to look what was stored up there.

As you searched through the twentyish packages, you mostly come across ruined clothing, spices, wine and some other less common items.
One of the boxes you find a painting. The colors have been ruined by the water and the picture seems like a grey mess with some kind of dark figure in the middle of it. Staring at it sends odd chills to your spine.
After searching through most of the boxes, you open couple with slabs of iron in them. Unfortunately their surfaces seem to have rusted to some degree. On the other box there is also a small leather pouch with gems of various colors.
Kyle Silver
 player, 95 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 15:00
A road through Moth
"Holy hat-trick! I'm sure those must be worth some coin, we can pay the services to the ironsmith and set us free"
Kyle search through the clothes looking for something to swap with his cloak, but everything has the same ruined state. He sighs and tries to find out how the hell did the cart ended up there, if there is any trail on the ground or some marks until everyone is ready to head back.
Esther
 player, 61 posts
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 16:08
A road through Moth
Esther didn't have any interest to start poking the cart, she took few steps away from rotten smell that reached her nose from remains of horses. She let Lars do his job "Maybe Kyle should help, getting that foul swamp shit to your wounds do you no good." She warned Lars.

When looting was finished she took a note who pocketed the pouch of gems. As long as Kyle didn't touch it she had no problem who carried them. "We should take the iron with us. Blacksmith better see them for himself before we make uneducated guess if they are any use of us." She turned her attention to Thothum. "Do you mind carrying the iron?" She asked and gave mild, doubting smile to him.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 75 posts
 Totally not a witch
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 21:35
A road through Moth
"Thank you Thothum, your strength is amazing." It really was. Not even the blacksmith or the wood cutters back home had been nearly as strong as Thothum was.

Liliana helped go through the boxes as Lars unloaded them. It was disappointing that so much had suffered damage from dampness. Although the ominous painting was perfect as it was and sent shivers down her spine as she looked at it.

At least it looked like they had found what they had been searching for even if there was some rust.

"The smith already owes us at least freedom from these chains." She answered Kyle while looking at the gems with fascination as she had never seen any before. If nobody else hastened to carry the gem pouch she eventually took it along with some of the spices and placed them in the bag she had recovered from their own trashed caravan.

"Think you can manage to carry the iron Thothum?" She asked him, supporting Esther's request.

ooc:
23:30, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 122 using 1d100+70 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3) with rolls of 52.  Herbal Lore Spices... could pick out the rarest spices perhaps.
23:27, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 102 using 1d100+75 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3) with rolls of 27.  Just in case Magic Appraisal, looking at paining.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:39, Mon 09 Oct 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 72 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 01:06
A road through Moth
Thothum was more than happy that he had done something good, and paid little attention to the contents of the cargo. As a matter of fact, he never did. Not knowing what was in the crates was a staple method of survival in the criminal underground, and so Thothum had always found it easier not to know. Not that any attempts to kill him had ever been successful, and there had been some pretty significant attempts before. Still, easier was always better. "I will carry the iron," he said when asked, and then moved himself to do so. "Hmm..." He looked at the boxes, and then at his own axe, and then back to the boxes. "Hey boss, can someone make me rope to hold axe? Need both hands for iron."
GM
 GM, 120 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 03:48
A road through Moth
"I've just been pecked by dozens of maggot eating birds. I'll be lucky if that alone doesn't make me bed ridden for life." Lars didn't concern himself with how sanitary the wagon was after being in the swamp for who knows how long. After all, his wounds were mostly fine to a degree that one would think that he was only slightly scathed and bruised from the encounter.

"Urgh, mostly soaked through letters." Lars dumped a sack full of letter left over's on the wagon's roof, in his effort to see if there was anything of use in there, some of them dropping all the way to the ground.
An odd looking letter peeked from those fallen, it's black cover almost shining from amongst the rest.

"You could probably use the horse harness for makeshift carrying strap. Likely not going to find useful rope for that." Lars eyed Thothum's axe for a moment before continuing to rummage around.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 76 posts
 Totally not a witch
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 18:48
A road through Moth
Liliana looked up at Lars as he spoke. Several things were gnawed on her conscience. His suggestion however was a good one so focused on that. Careful to keep her feet as dry as she could she went to the horse and began dislodging the harness. A task not entirely unfamiliar to her.

After fiddling with it for a bit she held up some of the harness. "Here Thothum try putting this across your shoulder. I'll do some adjustments and then we'll see if it can hold your axe."
Kyle Silver
 player, 97 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 11 Oct 2017
at 15:25
A road through Moth
Kyle did not share a passion for weapons. In the dojo father did not allow any, and even in his times in the streets he used his own fist. Lately, the Eden ball was the only weapon he knew, and his body the only armor he trusted.
He aids Liliana with the harness, holding the horse's head to easy the task, then he adjust his shackles, that are starting to sound him, and waits for Tothum to be set up.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:25, Wed 11 Oct 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 77 posts
 Totally not a witch
Thu 12 Oct 2017
at 21:08
A road through Moth
Once the harness was in working order she nodded her thanks to Kyle and wandered back to the wagon. It was unfortunate that the letters had not been spared the ravages of the swamp. If they had been soaked through they would have been rendered illegible. The letters on the ground were scooped up and she reached up to grab a few more from the sack. Riffling through them she tried to see if anything might be salvageable.
GM
 GM, 121 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 12 Oct 2017
at 22:21
A road through Moth
The letters were ruined, water had smeared the text and most of it was little more than paper mache at this point. All except one. From the pile of soaked paper peeked the black envelope. It's surface was rough with odd texture and it felt fairly thick. There was no seal, but the opening was sown tightly closed. Inscribed to it with red color was presumably the receivers name, Gelfalsch.

Lars jumped down from the wagon, stumbling on the soft ground as he landed.
"Found this matchlock pistol, nothing much more than that. It's badly rusted though."
He gave a look around and took steps towards a direction, until he realised that he didn't know which way you had come.
"Uh, well I think we should leave before we meet some new trouble."
Thothum Arha
 player, 73 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 12 Oct 2017
at 23:24
A road through Moth
Thothum, iron in-hands and axe on-back, awaited further command. The iron was definitely heavy, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. Yet. He briefly wondered at the limits of his own strength, and how he would go about testing such a thing, before remembering that it had already happened in the last year. Ellona had always made certain to check him for any improvements through something she had called a 'Fizz Ickle.' The first year he hadn't understood the purpose, but by the second year he figured it out... after asking someone. He'd been able to lift a horse his first year, with some effort, and the year before Ellona died he could lift the same horse while it was on top of a loaded cart full of people. He hadn't been able to lift the stone column though, the one that towered over even him, which was just as well since it had been holding up that section of the house. Still, he'd tried and had almost gotten it to move.

Almost.
Esther
 player, 63 posts
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 19:38
A road through Moth
She was sure that others would not get tunnel visioned in to their looting, but she kept watching their surroundings just in case. If this swamp was home to outlandish monsters, they could be lurking anywhere. Esther had waited patiently while others were getting ready to leave. Even so she kept rubbing her left shackle subconsciously while she kept watch. She was so close of getting her shackles off that it was almost a torture to spend any more time idling about.

"Are you guys ready?" She asked when Thothum had picked up the iron.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 78 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 22:45
A road through Moth
The black envelop went into her bag. It was too bad about the rest of the letters but perhaps this one at least would still reach its intended recipient thanks to the precautions of the sender.

"Yeah, I'm ready." Trusting that Lars had done a throughout search of the wagon she took a last look around the area before heading out. "The road is this way." She told Lars and led on. "Let's go before we are turned into tribute by some horror."
GM
 GM, 122 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 23:54
A road through Moth
Through the unstable swamp ground you reach back to the road. It's hard to say if it's any safer, but at least you don't have to worry about stepping into a pool of swamp water. As you walk the fog seems to be getting thicker, letting you hardly see more than two meters in front of you.
At moments it feels like something large is breathing on you, but there is hardly any noise besides you. It's as if something was following you without giving away its real presence.
After just an hour of travelling back to the town, you start to feel exhausted. Your breath has become heavy. The journey back takes couple hours longer as you feel something wearing you down and have need to take few short breaks.

Finally you see the town in distance. You have arrived back to Felch and without any further incidents, even if you are feeling surprisingly tired.
Esther
 player, 64 posts
Sun 15 Oct 2017
at 06:45
A road through Moth
Esther was not wasting any time, she could rest after this. She rushed to blacksmith's house. Seeing Brunst she gives awkward wave with her chained hand and greets him. "Old man! We are back with your stuff." She smiles and tries to hide her fatigue.

She leans her back to support structure of workshop and waits others to follow her. "We found the merchant caravan, or what was left of it. Somehow they had drifted deep into the swamps. Most of the stuff in it was ruined, but we got your iron. Just don't expect it to be in prime condition after spending time in that nasty swamp."
Kyle Silver
 player, 98 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 15 Oct 2017
at 07:08
A road through Moth
Kyle breaths heavily as he reaches Felch. Although he is still chained, he feels much lighter just being away from the mist. Ignoring the exhaustion and hunger, he follows up to pay respects to Brunst, and hopefully see themselves free from the shackles.

"Master Brunst, I hope you had no friends in that caravan. We found no survivors. It does not seem safe to enter those woods."

Then he approaches the fire to dry himself and his clothes. Shitte, these clothes need a wash up. The cape can go to hell, but my training gear should be alright.
GM
 GM, 123 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 15 Oct 2017
at 09:22
A road through Moth
Brunst had been sitting in his workshop, staring the foggy streets. After finishing his drink he got up and walked to meet you, eager to see what you had brought back. He paid little mind to Kyle, still likely sore about your first encounter, and directed his words mostly towards Esther.
"That's unfortunate, but hopefully I can recover something out of them."
With some impatience he gestured Thothum to put the crates down.
"Well let me see then. I want to inspect that everything is there and in what condition the metal is in."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 79 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sun 15 Oct 2017
at 17:02
A road through Moth
"You can put down the crate." Liliana told Thothum tiredly and gestured towards an open spot on the floor. "Thank you Thothum, we couldn't have done this without you." She left dealing with Brunst up to Esther and sat down somewhere unoccupied with her hands in her lap. She could almost not believe they were safely back in the village. The tensions slowly drained away and she could feel how tired she truly was.
Kyle Silver
 player, 99 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 15 Oct 2017
at 18:55
A road through Moth
Kyle turns from the fireplace, with an idea in his head. He approaches the ironsmith, head down, hands holding together.
"Master Brunst, I offer my help for this job, as a matter of payment and gratitude (and apology), I have no experience, but I have strong arms, I can support you with this"
Thothum Arha
 player, 74 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 15 Oct 2017
at 19:11
A road through Moth
With his orders in hand, or atleast  iron in hand and orders in his head. Or iron in his head... and... Thothum set down the iron where Liliana had indicated. Thothum was tired, and when he was tired he got a bit crabby, because he didn't get tired very often. He slept at night, but getting tired was something for other people. It was probably the iron. He didn't like iron anymore. So, the giant also took a seat, though doing so was more difficult than anticipated because his harness got in the way. He fell sideways to catch himself, and then slowly took off the harness with his axe so he could sit better, his legs out straight in front, the axe on the floor at his side. "Boss?" he said, and, when acknowledged, "I'm hungry. Can we eat soon?"
Esther
 player, 65 posts
Sun 15 Oct 2017
at 20:15
A road through Moth
Esther let the blacksmith appraise the quality of rusted iron before interrupting him. Once Brunst was done with the iron she gave suggestive shake to her shackles to remind him about the promise.

"You told something about being able to forge us equipment?" She stated when she got his attention. "Would that be on the house, or do you expect us to pay for any equipment we need?" She gave short gaze to the misty streets and continued. "We encountered all manner of beasts and monsters in the wilderness. I have no plans to venture outside the town before I'm properly armed."
GM
 GM, 124 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 16 Oct 2017
at 02:16
A road through Moth
Brunst looked through the crates letting disappointed murmurs escape every now and then. The metal had suffered lot of rusting, but wasn't beyond saving. At least some of it could be used.
Lifting some of the metal bars from the crate, he turned to look at you with suspicious look on his face after emptying them halfway.
"Is this all? There were supposed to be a letter pouch with precious stones in here."
He stood up and crossed his arms.
"Now you wouldn't try to steal from me, would you?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 80 posts
 Totally not a witch
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 15:21
A road through Moth
If anyone had earned some food and rest it was Thothum, hopefully carrying a crate of iron hadn't been too hard on him. "Yes Thothum, We'll eat soon." She answered him and then hesitantly added. "But you don't need to ask for my permission."

Listening in on the discussion in the background she dug into her bag and brought forth a small leather pouch. "Here. Esther." She threw the pouch in an underhanded throw towards the other woman instead of directly to the smith.

"Look Thothum…" She turned her attention back towards Thothum again. "You don't have to call me boss, I'm not a leader. As Lars said, you don't owe me anything."
Esther
 player, 66 posts
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 15:25
A road through Moth
Esther gave the blacksmith a knowing smirk and turned her face to Liliana. "We should give the pouch to him don't we?" She tilted her head lazily towards Brunst and smiled. "But before we do that... Weapon, I need need one. I cannot let the big guy there to be the one who watches my back if those monsters decide to attack this town." She looked back at Liliana and asked; "Do you need a weapon or some other services from our good friend here? We could always ask for a leather ball for our addict here before he does something foolish again."
GM
 GM, 125 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 16:49
A road through Moth
"As I promised, I will get rid of you shackles." He grabbed the leather pouch and as he inspected its contents he continued "...And you managed to bring me my missing goods. I'll forge you what you need. Within reasonable limits of course."
Brunst moved the metal and the leather pouch onto a table and then started to stoke the furnace.
"You need only to ask what you need. I haven't had work for some time so I'll get right on it."
Grabbing a chisel and a hammer, he motioned you to come forth with your shackles.
"But first we'll get you out of the iron."
Esther
 player, 67 posts
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 17:04
A road through Moth
She extended her arms. While blacksmith worked with her shackles she looked into emptiness. With faint- reminiscent smile she nodded to Brunst once he was done with her shackles. "Brings back memories." She stated while rubbing her wrists.

While Brunst moved to free others she peeked around the forge and asked. "Do you know how to make oriental weapons? Hmmm, how to put it... I need a katana, big one; a Nodachi. Do you know what those are?"
Kyle Silver
 player, 100 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 19:29
A road through Moth
Kyle steps in line right after Esther, ignoring once more her taunts, and waiting impatiently for his turn. With the sound of the broken metal, he smiles and bows in gratitude, and proceeds to separate his hands for the first time in days.
Unconsciously, he turns his back from everyone as he rolls his arms and throw a punch towards his shadow.
fwoosh wow that was fast fw-fw-fwoosh... my arms feel lighter, faster, and mightier... I wonder if I could do the same with my legs... I should ask for some iron weights, but later, the others will think that I went nuts...
GM
 GM, 126 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 21:29
A road through Moth
As Brunst opened Lars' shackles, he nodded "I do, though I find making them to be a bit boring."
Readying to open Liliana's cuffs, he briefly stops.
"I will make you one if that is what you wish. I have to ask, where did these shackles come from? This clearly isn't just some ordinary steel." He examined Liliana's manacles as they had clearly been much more resilient than he thought at first.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 81 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 16:56
A road through Moth
"The shackles?" The weight of the manacles had become a familiar presence around her hands but she would be glad to be rid of them. "The mercenaries that were transporting us through Moth placed us in them before we left Dwänholf, from whence they came I couldn't tell you." Thinking about that day brought forth memories and she could recall there been something said about the shackles. "They were hired by a baron. I imagine good steel is one of the benefits of working for nobility."
GM
 GM, 127 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 20:59
A road through Moth
Brunst removed Liliana's shackles and gave them a proper look.
"Wouldn't call this just good steel..." He threw them into a box with the rest of the shackles and went back to attending the furnace.

"Right, well if you don't mind, I'll go and take a nap. I feel like I could collapse at any minute." Lars gave an exhausted sigh as he headed for the inn.
Esther
 player, 68 posts
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 12:39
A road through Moth
Once Brunst had unshackled everyone Esther approached him once again and gave him overly detailed, yet mundane specifications for her sword. "How long it would take for you?" She asked after giving her detailed request. "Not like I'm leaving from the town anywhere before that, but we don't have much money to pay for accommodations either."
GM
 GM, 128 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 13:59
A road through Moth
"A day." Brunst uttered. "We are stuck here just like you. I would already have moved away if the roads weren't so dangerous."
Esther
 player, 69 posts
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 16:23
A road through Moth
She smiles and nods to the blacksmith before turning her heels towards the inn. "Feel free to tag along when we leave. I bet none of us newcomers are staying in this backwater town for long."

Esther stretches her arms as she makes her way inside the tavern. "Hello!" She greets the innkeeper and approaches the counter. "Can I wash my clothes and take a bath here? That vile bog really made me want to take a dip into a tub."
Kyle Silver
 player, 101 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 22:09
A road through Moth
Kyle leaves the forge after everyone else, hoping that the old man will accept his request. In any other time, and place, he would have enjoyed a midnight walk, but these were not the time, nor the place.
He enters the inn and tries to find himself a piece of food and a place to rest until the next day. Any place is fine, as his body gives in and he is fighting not to fall sleep like he just played three matches in a row.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:47, Sun 22 Oct 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 75 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 01:35
A road through Moth
Thothum was more confused than usual. So confused that he'd had to take a minute to really think. The boss had just said that she wasn't the boss. Did that mean that she wasn't the boss? Or that she didn't want to be his boss? A lot of people hadn't wanted to be his boss before, so he understood that, but Liliana had also gotten him food and told him what to do. That made her the boss. But she wasn't the boss. But she had to be the boss. But she'd said she wasn't. But she'd just said he could get food, but that he didn't have to ask for it, which was an order, but it wasn't if she wasn't the boss. So... was she the boss and was just testing him? That seemed accurate. He was supposed to prove his loyalty when this happened. That was right. He knew what to do now.

"Got it, boss. I will go get food now." And, saying that, he got up and headed out to the tavern with his axe. "One food please," he said to whoever was around.
GM
 GM, 129 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 12:56
A road through Moth
"Oh, hi! Ya seem to be safe n' sound." Hayley gave a genuine smile as she saw Esther march in.
"Ya can use the bath for few coppers, unless ya pay for room of course. Then it'll be free."
She leaned to the counter with a hint of excitement in her eyes.
"So, did ya find the thing? Did ya run into werewolfs?"

"As long as ya'r payin'." Hayley says to Thothum's request, not entirely too happy to see him again. "What ya want to eat exactly?"
Esther
 player, 70 posts
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 17:49
A road through Moth
"Aye. We found the missing caravan, or what is left of it." Esther replies while digging her pocket for rest of her coins. "We did encounter some flesh eating birds and swamp dwellers who are right out of your worst nightmares. No werewolves, what ever those are." She counts her coins and sighs. "It seems we don't have enough money to pay for all of our rooms or food. Oh! I saw large wolf creature way back when we were captured, but I'm not sure if it was a werewolf." She adds to her story while juggling three silver coins between her fingers.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 82 posts
 Totally not a witch
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 18:41
A road through Moth
"Uhh... good." Thothum wasn't the only one more confused than usual. A weak affirmative was the only response that came to mind as she watched him leave the smithy. Was he mocking her? She couldn't tell. The giant was hard to read at the best of times.

It was a strange but heavenly feeling to move her hands freely again. Reaching into the box she pulled out the shackles she had become so familiar with these past weeks. Studying them she swore that the next time someone tried shackling her they'd find the metal crumbling around her hands no matter the quality of the steel. Before leaving she put the shackles in her bag and turned towards Brunst at the furnace "Thank you for freeing me. I wish you a good evening."

Entering the inn a little behind the others she sat down next to Esther at the counter.
Thothum Arha
 player, 76 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 00:09
A road through Moth
At first, Thothum was a little upset. He didn't know what he wanted, and he didn't have any money either. Luckily, Liliana walked in soon after this existential crisis began. "Boss," Thothum said. "How much am... is I allowed for food?" Bosses always had money, and food. Well, not always. Sometimes. Some bosses. At least he'd proven his loyalty to her earlier, so that was good.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 83 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 12:48
A road through Moth
It was a good question as they weren't doing so well for coin and they didn't exactly have anywhere else to stay. "Hang on." Placing her bag on the counter she looked towards Hayley. "I recovered some spices while we were outside. Would you be interested in a trade?"
GM
 GM, 130 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 15:42
A road through Moth
After shortly thinking about it, Hayley gave a small nod.
"Guess we can do some sort of trade." She reached for the bag and watched Liliana to get her approval. After being allowed to have a look she carefully inspected the spices.
"Hmm. Ain't no expert, so don't expect much. Think we can come to sort of deal with food n' rooms, if ya want to. Though I would urge ya to pull yer weight n' earn living if ya plan on stayin' around."

"I'd rather sleep on a bed than the street." Lars said while sitting half asleep at one of the tables. "Going to catch a death fever at this pace." With an exaggerated remark he dozed off, resting his head on his hands.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 84 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 22:04
A road through Moth
"Just the kind of trade I had in mind. What we need now is food" she looked first towards Thothum then Lars "and rest. If you would be willing trade a couple of days of food and room for the spice that would give us a chance to get to know the people in town and find some way to make a living while we wait for this fog to subside." There was no telling how long the fog would last or if the town would even outlast it and she had no intention of staying long enough to find out, there wasn't enough time.

"Could you also spare some bandages? Thothum and Lars were pretty torn up by a swarm of crows, I'd like to clean and dress their wounds. I've never seen such behavior from crows before, something to watch out for."
GM
 GM, 131 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 06:40
A road through Moth
"Fine, two days worth of food n' rest." She took the spices and gave you the room keys.
"Don't have much of medical supplies, but I think we should have some bandages. I'll be back in a second. Must be in mother's room." Hayley disappeared upstairs, leaving you alone in the dining area.
Esther
 player, 71 posts
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 08:08
A road through Moth
Esther pockets the coins and turns to Liliana. "So you plan to stay? Not a plan what I had in mind." She takes quick look to others and continues. "If we move as group, we should be able to stay vigilant and with little help from lady luck we are out of this hellhole."
Thothum Arha
 player, 77 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 14:00
A road through Moth
Happy that food was going to come soon, Thothum now felt it was his obligation to inform his boss that she didn't need to worry about fixing him. "Umm, boss?" he started, and then waited for direct acknowledgement before continuing. "Thothum... Me heal fast. Don't need bandage. You can save." Then he remembered his place, and quickly corrected himself. "Unless you want to use them now!" he practically shouted in his haste. "Then can waste on Thothum."
GM
 GM, 132 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 16:34
A road through Moth
The door to the inn opened and a man walked in with heavy steps. Clad in black longcoat, knee-high leather boots and a low crown top hat, the man looked to be in his forties. The man adjusted his round glasses hanging on at the end of his nose and gave a elongated stroke to his greyish spotty beard.
"Now, isn't this a sight. Strangers in town indeed. Thought I just heard wrong." He said with a slight smile.
He walked to the counter and set down his suit case on it.
"Mind if I ask if miss Hayley might be around? Ah, but where are my manners, I'm Barta Szarvas." He emphasized his introduction with a polite tip of his hat.
Kyle Silver
 player, 102 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 19:52
A road through Moth
Kyle was just sitting aside, watching them all eat and talk, and thinking what to do as his next step.
I think this would be a good moment for a toast, we've make it this far
As he gets up and raises an empty cup to the sky, the door opens and the old man steps in, interrupting the moment.
This man, looks like just a wizard from the stories my mom use to tell, I wonder how real can this tales be in this land...
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 85 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 20:28
A road through Moth
Liliana frowned at Thothum not sure what to make of him still calling her boss. Sighing she tilted her head towards Esther. "Just long enough to gather up supplies for a journey then I'll be heading west. It would be tough traveling without food and right now I don't have as much as a bedroll or a proper cloak to ward against the weather. These shoes have also seen..." she trailed off from describing the sorry state of her wardrobe when the man entered.

"Well met Mister Szarvas. We came in just last night. This is Thothum, Esther, Kyle Silver and the man dozing over there is Lars." Liliana gestured towards her companions as she introduced them. "I'm Liliana Van Der Aart, pleased. Miss Hayley is off fetching something, I'm sure she'll be back in a moment."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:29, Sun 22 Oct 2017.

GM
 GM, 133 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 21:52
A road through Moth
"Very well. Guess I am not in that much of a hurry." Barta took a seat by the counter and set his hat to rest on it as well.
"This isn't exactly the best time of year for Felch, so I am somewhat curious about what bring you here. And with such a colorful company! Hmm, let me guess." He inspected you for a moment and then continued. "I'd wager that you didn't actually have a choice. This was not your destination, but yet here you are." He took a flask from his suitcase and drank a big gulp.
"It is unfortunate indeed. This used to be such a nice place before the curse fell upon it. Now people keep disappearing and the rest jump at shadows." Barta's tone was calm and relaxed, not showing any hint of sadness or despair like some of the other villagers have.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 86 posts
 Totally not a witch
Mon 23 Oct 2017
at 21:41
A road through Moth
"No this wasn't the destination I had mind, but in the end I have only my choices to blame." Liliana answered wistfully. "We were passing through on our way to Gabriel but the fog and the things that hide within makes traveling difficult. We made it here, but many others didn't." She sighed. "What do you make of the curse? Does everyone in town blame the Rugsen family?"
GM
 GM, 134 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 23 Oct 2017
at 22:18
A road through Moth
Barta grinned, showing his pearl white teeth. "Many of the older folks do. They never liked Rugesn family, though the Rugesns didn't ever strike me as particularly unpleasant. I, like many, don't know all that much about the curse. But it does seem to certainly circulate around us. It is like Felch is sitting in the eye of the hurricane.
Now, just call this a hunch, but.."
"Doctor Szarvas?" Hayley said, standing at the end of the stairs.
"Oh, good day miss Hayley. How is your mother? Any changes?" Barta grabbed his suitcase and hat and approached Hayley.
With a heavy sigh Hayley passed him and gave couple bandages to Liliana. "Still the same. Sleeping."
"I see. Well I'll still do a short examination, if you don't mind."
"Go ahead." With those words Hayley entered the kitchen as Barta nodded in response and went upstairs.
Esther
 player, 72 posts
Tue 24 Oct 2017
at 19:29
A road through Moth
"We do need money for supplies, clothes and that sort before we can leave." She replied to Liliana after doctor had made his way to upstairs. "We can go over our plans tomorrow morning." With long drawn out yawn Esther stood up and slowly made her way to kitchen door. "Hey, were is the place were I can wash my clothes? Please tell me it is the same place were I can take a bath." She asked from Hayley.
GM
 GM, 135 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 08:29
A road through Moth
"Door next to stairs. Ya'll find bathing room eventually. Well is in backyard."

Taking half an hour with the food preparations, Hayley finally brought you dinner. The servings mostly consisted of vegetables, but some eggs and chicken strips were there to represent the meat side.

Barta came down just as the food was being served and took a long sniff of the air.
"I'm done with the check up. Seems that nothing has changed since last visit. Mmm. Mind if I have a plateful too my dear?"
"Be my guest." Hayley forced a smile but couldn't keep it up for a long.
Esther
 player, 73 posts
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 12:38
A road through Moth
Esther prepared a proper bath while dinner was made. "Water is heating up. It should be at least lukewarm after we have done eating." She sat down and explained to others after completing her preparations. "I take the first turn in the bath." She added and crashed her upper body to table, lazily waiting the food.

After Barta had taken his portion Esther pointed her fork towards him and asked. "We need to earn some coin in this town before we move on. Any tips were to ask for a quick job or two? Preferably something that does not include swamps."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 87 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 14:38
A road through Moth
Liliana accepted the bandages with a thank you. After fetching a bin with water and a piece of clean cloth with permission she roused Lars and cleaned his wounds then bandaged the worst of it as well as those wounds too visible. Afterwards she went to Thothum. "I believe treating your wounds is not a waste of time, even if you heal fast. It will keep malicious spirits of rot from taking hold, I've seen strong men laid low from a festering wound."

"Your mother is ill?" She asked Hayley with a sympathetic voice when doctor Szarvas returned. "Is... it the Sleeping Sickness?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:41, Wed 25 Oct 2017.

GM
 GM, 136 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 17:45
A road through Moth
Hayley almost dropped a plate as she heard the words "sleeping sickness".
"S-she is..."

"Ah yes, that is one name given to it. Rather curious condition." Barta stopped his dining for a moment as the subject arose. "I am not convinced that it is a sickness at all. You'd think that a person being unconscious for weeks would die of dehydration or starve to death, but no. It too seems more like a curse. There are some theories floating around, but most of them are spread by people who know nothing of such subjects. I have seen numerous cases around Moth, and it still keeps puzzling me. But... I don't think you want me to bore you about the subject."

"Its been two months..." Hayleys said with quiet voice.

Barta's mouth turned into amused grin as Esther talked to him. "Ihihi, you're planning to leave the town? Well good luck with that, many have tried and failed so far. Yours truly included."
Adopting a more serious face he changed the subject.
"As for the job part... Hmm. You could ask Father Jakob, he knows better about the towns people and things like that. I am sure that someone is in need of a helping hand."

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:02, Wed 25 Oct 2017.

Esther
 player, 74 posts
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 18:17
A road through Moth
Esther returned his grin with her own devilish smile. "Those who leave don't come back telling about their success." Invigorated by the meal she quickly bounced up and picked her empty plate. "Thanks, food was good!" She announced while taking out her dishes to kitchen for Hayley and started to wash her dirty dishes by herself. She gave herself a sad smile while doing so.

Soon she popped out from the kitchen and waved to her companions "I'm off to wash the swamp out of my back. Bye!"
Kyle Silver
 player, 103 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 19:34
A road through Moth
"Let us know if you require assistance" joked Kyle. He use to enjoy the locker' time and the pranks in the baths with his team, it was a moment to build the spirit and grow as a person.
He listens to Liliana and the other people. Like being in this village wasn't curse enough, that poor woman was sleeping forever? That sounded awful!

"Liliana, do you think you could take a look at her and see if you can do something? You seem to know what you talking about, and you have proven yourself skilled in the matter"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 88 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 20:59
A road through Moth
If there was one person not bored by the subject it was Liliana, she listened intently to Doctor Szarvas and nodded along as he spoke while eating. "It may well be a curse. Many speak of it as such too." If it was a curse than it was slim hopes of finding an herb or cure that could purge the body of the affliction.

Kyle's request came as a surprise and she froze before turning to face him. "..." There was a long pause. Her eyes turned watery as she struggled with her words. "There is nothing I can do for her." In her lap her palms clenched into fists gripping her skirt.

"..."

"..."

"Say, miss Hayley. Is there anyone in town named Gelfalsch?"

This message was last edited by the player at 08:58, Thu 26 Oct 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 78 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 00:34
A road through Moth
Thothum, content as ever to listen and obey, did just that. He let Liliana patch him, and he left the others talk, and he ate his food when he could, even if it still wasn't quite enough. He supposed this boss was more like Omirim than Ellona, and that meant going hungry sometimes. That was okay though, since he knew his boss would always pull through. Right up until they die... he thought, which made him sad. He frowned.
GM
 GM, 137 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 09:28
A road through Moth
"It's okay, Doctor Szarvas told me that there's no known cure. All I can do is pray." Hayley sat down by the counter after she had served the food and taken the dishes into the backroom.
"Geelfaalsch?" Hayley elongated the name as she tried to think if she had heard it before. "No, that doesn't sound familiar. Don't even remember anyone named like that stayin' 'ere, but I can check the guest book." She took a dusty looking book from under the counter and started to go through it.

Barta took a cloth from his suitcase and started cleaning his glasses. "Hmm, an unusual name. Doesn't sound too local. ...Have I heard that name before? I got an odd feeling that I have." After a long pause he shook his head. "Sorry, I might be confusing it to some other name. I feel like someone with similar name would have visited Lord Rugesn at his castle at some point, but I could definitely be mistaken."

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:28, Thu 26 Oct 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 89 posts
 Totally not a witch
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 16:09
A road through Moth
"Please do." Liliana asked Hayley and ate another spoonful of food before continuing on. "We found an odd letter that appears to have withstood the ravages of water intact. Sadly all the other letters in the mailbag had dissolved."

"If you recall anything please let me know." She asked Doctor Szarvas. "It's proper destination might be found inside if the letter itself has survived but I'd rather avoid that." Needless to say opening the mail of another was bad luck and not something proper folk did.
GM
 GM, 138 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 22:27
A road through Moth
"Yeah, I got nothin'." Hayley says closing the book.

"Well... If this Gelfalsch has had some more important than average dealings in Felch, I would recon that their name would be logged in the castle's archives." Barta said as a follow up to Hayley's conclusion. "...You could look there. People have been avoiding the place for some time now though. Something happened there, and a lot of servants and people living at the castle were found dead. Those lucky enough to not having been around at the time refuse to go near it, even while their possessions still are there. May god look over their souls." With hand gestures, Barta drew a cross over his body as he said the last sentence.

"This might sound bit grim, but I'd bet that some would pay for you to retrieve their stuff." Hayley said after thinking awhile.
Kyle Silver
 player, 104 posts
 King of Eden
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 14:36
A road through Moth
"Well, I can´t imagine it to be worse than the swamps. We could really take a look at it if you think it may be usefull... on daylight, please. You said there are no more Rugesn people living there right?"
After receiving an answer, he approaches Hayley: "Excuse me miss, do you happen to have any dissapeared guests that may have left any spare capes, cloaks or ponchos? I could really use one of those..."
GM
 GM, 139 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 15:49
A road through Moth
"Likely not, but I do not know the fate of Lord Rugesn and his family. No one does." Barta admitted.

Hayley shook her head. "Afraid not. Haven't had guests for while n' mom usually sold stuff like that after some time."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 90 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 23:36
A road through Moth
"I guess retrieving things from where nobody dares tread is a task in high demand these days. Perhaps it is something we can do but we will have to discuss it with Esther first." Liliana offered hesitantly. The experiences in the swamp was still fresh on her mind and not something she was eager to repeat.

"You wouldn't happen to need any help, Doctor Szarvas? I have apprenticed as an herbalist for many years under my mother. I am well versed in the gathering, preparing and administering of herbal medicine."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:37, Sun 29 Oct 2017.

GM
 GM, 141 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 30 Oct 2017
at 12:43
A road through Moth
Barta gave a small smile at Liliana. "Is that so? Well, I could use few plants to make some pain medicine. Valerian, willow bark and feverfew are excellent for those purposes, as you might know. Other than that, I don't have much need for herbal medicine. I'm more about practical solutions. Wound treatment, surgeries and so on. But of course that is just my speciality, I do have vast knowledge of medical fields, if I may say so myself."
Realising how he had steered the subject off the rails, he nodded in apologizing manner. "Ah, but I am just rambling again."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 91 posts
 Totally not a witch
Tue 31 Oct 2017
at 20:13
A road through Moth
Collecting useful ingredients from the surrounding forest had been a large part of her childhood so it was a task she was well familiar with. Gathering the ingredients for the doctor was a good opportunity. It could earn her enough to buy the required tools for her trade so she could begin rebuilding her own stock.of useful remedies.

However as with all things the thick fog made everything more complicated. "Mhm I know them. If I venture out again I'll try to gather some" the abandoned castle might be preferable.
GM
 GM, 144 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 1 Nov 2017
at 22:02
A road through Moth
After finishing his serving, Barta sits around for a quarter of an hour before starting to leave.
"Thank you for the delicious meal, I'll be sure to do another check up in a week or so. It was also a pleasure to meet you, lady Van Der Aart. I hope that the luck of the draw smiles upon you."

Hayley gave a smile as response as Barta bid his farewells and walked out of the door.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 93 posts
 Totally not a witch
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 13:02
A road through Moth
Liliana slid down from the chair when Barta left the inn and followed after him. "I'll be back in a moment." She said as she slipped out the door. "Excuse me Doctor. There was something else I meant to ask you." She said as she caught up with him and walked beside him. She hadn't wanted to ask in front of the others especially not Hayley.

"The doctor back at home didn't know any way to cure the curse of the long sleep either. Neither did anyone else I've met here, nobody I spoke with in Dwanholf had even heard of it." She explained. "But I thought somebody might know of a way in the west. There are big libraries, universities and men of great learning. We Mozzers are the last to learn about anything that happens and my home town didn't get as many travelers as Felch do... did."

"Have you heard any rumors about discoveries or places where knowledge of a cure might be found?" Any information that could point her in the right direction would be of great value she thought.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:05, Thu 02 Nov 2017.

GM
 GM, 145 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 19:38
A road through Moth
Barta soon stopped as Liliana called for him. He was clearly troubled with something she had said and preened his beard as he was thinking.
"Well the sleeping "sickness" is quite young phenomenon in the grand scale of things. Earliest case I know about dates maybe a decade back. I have not been able to confirm if it is contagious, though I deem that rather unlikely. People get sick randomly, without having contact with anyone else infected." His expression turned to more serious, almost angry looking. "I didn't know how long of a reach it had. If it really hasn't even been heard of in Dwänholf... I fear the real cause of this might be something more sinister."

Barta set down his suitcase and took a pen and a piece of paper out of it.
"I actually studied in Ilmora in my youth, there are many brilliant people living there who might be able to help you. Unfortunately it is a long distance to travel." He hands Liliana the paper with names of few people, with the last underlined. The name Béla Marek.
"There is a person who might be able to help... He lives near the town of Jaarenghäff here in Moth, almost directly to the West from Felch. I can't say that I recommend their service, since as a doctor it would be a bit... unorthodox. But, if you do get desperate enough to trust a witch, they might be able to help you."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 94 posts
 Totally not a witch
Fri 3 Nov 2017
at 00:46
A road through Moth
Liliana accepted the paper gratefully and carefully placed it within her bag after examining it. The thought of contacting let alone trusting a witch sent shivers down her spine. The irony of that was something she didn't like to dwell on. The doctor had no idea of the things she had been desperate enough to do already.

"As you say there might well be something sinister at work. A dark thought that." A sickness was one thing but a curse something else entirely. She would have to consider what she should do now. "Thank you for your help, doctor. It was pleasure meeting you too." She folded her hands in front of her and made a short bow. "I wish you a good evening." Then she headed back to the inn.

She sat for a while downstairs before withdrawing to her room early as it had been a rough day. There she sat on her bed and stared out the window into the sky contemplatively until it turned dark. Standing up she stretched and paced back and forth across the small room for a while. Stopping she gazed down on the bed, her body and mind was exhausted yet she didn't want to sleep.

Sighing she grabbed her bag and headed for the door. Slowly she opened it up and looked into the hallway making sure that all seemed quiet. She quietly made her way downstairs and out the main door into the darkness. After casting a glance back at the windows of the inn she headed towards the edge of the forest outside town.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:48, Fri 03 Nov 2017.

GM
 GM, 146 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 11:33
A road through Moth
The sun had risen and the morning was once again. Hayley went door to door to let everyone know that breakfast was ready, but didn't step into the rooms or disturb longer than that.
Thothum was first to be served since he had to be accommodated at the dining hall once again. There was bit of a ruckus outside and Fergus came in with a grim expression, sitting down to eat in silence.
Kyle Silver
 player, 108 posts
 King of Eden
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 12:08
A road through Moth
Kyle drags himslef down the stairs and sits next to the gargantuan ally. Then he nods his head to Fergus and,"OI, WHAT, I completely forgot about this fella!"
He stands up and points at him "Where the Hell have you been? you still have a lot to answer for after we saved you and brought your ass to this lovely house!"
His belly growls and his attention drifts to Thothum "Do you think there's some eggs?"
GM
 GM, 147 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 12:38
A road through Moth
Fergus casts his eyes upon Kyle, not amused of his inquiries. "I was here, in the town. Does it matter where I was exactly? And what do I have to answer for? Do you think that I should parade you for saving me?" His tone was bitter with no hint of gratitude. He stared at Kyle with annoyed look for awhile before getting back to his food.
Esther
 player, 76 posts
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 13:21
A road through Moth
Esther took her time, letting her mind relax. There was no rush, breakfast would be waiting her for some time.
Shit. Thothum is in downstairs. If she stayed here, eventually there would be nothing left for her to eat.
She bounced from her bed like it was on fire and quickly prepared herself for the day.

She gave quick wave to Thothum and Kyle and picked her portion and sat down to her own table. After tasting the food she raised her eyes and examined Fergus for a short moment. Esther gave him a smile to cheer him up a little before properly digging into her food.
Kyle Silver
 player, 109 posts
 King of Eden
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 14:40
A road through Moth
Kyle nods back at Esther, she seemed in a better mood than ussual this morning. After finishing his eggs, he checks outside the window to try to guess the time of the day among all those grey clouds. He turns back and sees everyone at the table...
"¿Has anyone seen Liliana this morning?" I though we were going to the mansion...

This message was last edited by the player at 14:41, Sat 04 Nov 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 96 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 14:43
A road through Moth
Eventually Liliana got up and made her way downstairs. A night of rest hadn't done her much good if appearances was anything to go by as she looked even worse off than the past evening. Before eating she drew up a bath as Esther had done yesterday. When eventually she joined the others she looked somewhat alive again.

"Did you hear about the Rugsen castle, Esther? It could be dangerous but there might be people that would pay to have their personal belongings or those of a relative retrieved from there."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:43, Sat 04 Nov 2017.

Esther
 player, 77 posts
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 15:33
A road through Moth
"If payment is worth our trouble." She replied and gave the idea a thought. "Yes, Since we are still here, there is no reason not to take opportunity to earn something out of this situation." She added and tapped her fingers on table as she pondered in her thoughts another moment.

"We could go asking around the town if anyone is willing to pay us enough. It is also good way to kill time until the blacksmith is done with my request." Having already eaten her food she stood up and thanked Hayley for the breakfast.
Thothum Arha
 player, 81 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 22:49
A road through Moth
Thothum was nice and almost full by the time the others joined. Despite the worries some might have had, Thothum knew only to eat the food that was given directly to him. Both of his previous bosses had taught him that. It's survival of the fittest, after all, Omirim had said, and that means that everyone in the crew has to be fit, neh? And so Thothum had learned to make certain other people had food. He was, unfortunately, fairly bad at figuring out how much he was supposed to leave for other people when not given direct instructions. Once he'd left a whole turkey for Ellona to eat by herself, not wanting her to go hungry.

The conversation at breakfast was something else entirely. Was it possible that Esther was a boss too? That was something to consider. Liliana had, after all, said that she wasn't the boss, but that had been a test. But if Esther was the boss, then that meant there were two bosses, and there couldn't be two bosses. It never worked. It just wasn't natural. Thothum would be forced to pick a side one day, and he was planning on siding with Liliana. She was the one who got him food, after all. All Esther had done was... he realized he didn't actually remember what she'd done, so he figured that he should be careful. The sneaky ones were always dangerous.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 97 posts
 Totally not a witch
Mon 6 Nov 2017
at 00:44
A road through Moth
Liliana nodded to Esther. "Yes. Let's do that. I had intended to have a look around the village and greet people today anyway. If your sword is finished today as promised we can head out on the morrow when we are well rested."

After getting some breakfast she sat down to eat. While doing so she looked over at Fergus. "Captain Fergus. I was wondering if there was anything you could tell us about the Baron and the job? Are such transports common?"
GM
 GM, 148 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 6 Nov 2017
at 01:17
A road through Moth
Fergus shrugged and kept moving his spoon on the plate without actually taking a bite. "I'm not too familiar with how prisoner transports are done. I guess it would wary on the person and the captor. I don't know too much details, as me and my fellows do mercenary work. Transporting prisoners isn't something we usually do and the distance was unusual, but the money in the deal was enough for me to accept. It was a simple deal on paper. Take you with us and transport you to Gabriel. Bellegarde to be more specific.
So, I don't have much history with Baron Eiswald. I can't say how legit his title is, since to my knowledge he is just as corrupted as any other self claimed noble in Dwänholf. Someone wants you transferred to Gabriel, for god knows what reason, but I think Eiswald is just fulfilling that someone else's request. Or simply cashing in your bounties from someone willing to pay."

Fergus finished his dish and rubbed his eyes in irritated manner. He was definitely not in a good mood after all that had happened.
He looked out of the window and with heavy sigh continued to speak.
"If you are planning to go out today, don't be surprised if the villagers seem more on edge than the past two days. Someone left a message on the middle of the crossroad. Not like you can miss it either."
Esther
 player, 78 posts
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 14:41
A road through Moth
Esther gave short laugh at Fergus's words. "Bounty? Flattering words captain, but for any nobleman in Gabriel I'm nothing more than a pest."
She smiled. "Human trash like m'self has no value to them."

She quickly stood up and gave quick thanks for the food to Hayley and marched to front door. "I'm off checking if the old man has started his work.
Once rest of ya had done eating meet me there. We'll check the message and start asking questions then!" She announced and exited the tavern.
GM
 GM, 149 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 15:08
A road through Moth
As Esther walked out of the door, she faced a horrifying sight. A man, presumably one of the town guards, had been tied on a makeshift cross that stood in the middle of the spot where the roads meet. Throat and wrists had been slit open, letting the blood run dry, and the stomach had been cut just enough to let the intestines hang loose.
Under the grotesque effigy was a large book nailed onto the wood and left open for everyone to see. Written on it with big bloody letters are the words "GOD CANT SAVE YOU NOW".

Half a dozen people are around, talking in whispers. Soon the sound of hammer hitting the metal fills the air; Brunst breaks the gloomy mood with his work, disregarding the sight not too far from his shop.
Thothum Arha
 player, 82 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 19:00
A road through Moth
The conversation, though it took him a moment to process, reminded Thothum of something. "Oh..." he said to no one in particular. "Uhh, hey boss?" And, when acknowledged, he kept on. "I did a bad thing when I was working for Ellona. I didn't mean to do it, but I guess I did and so you can give my cut of the money to the rich lady I stole from." That seemed like a good compromise, since he didn't seem to be arrested anymore. Well, at least not that he was aware of. The captain certainly hadn't put him under arrest, and he was the one that Thothum was supposed to be arrested by... or from? It was tough verb.
Kyle Silver
 player, 110 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 23:33
A road through Moth
Kyle finishes his meal and gets up, stretching his muscles. He feels like going out for a run, but nor the weather or the landscape are really inviting.

As he goes out of the inn, and sees all the people gathering horrified, he feels his breakfast coming back from his stomach as he gazed the source of the assembly.

He passes by Esther ignoring her, and gets closer to the post and the corpse.
Gosh, he looks like a guard but, where are the others? this is reaching a whole new level of wrong

His voice trembles: "Someone please, help me get him down" His eyes traverse the audience, meeting Esther's.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 98 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 00:25
A road through Moth
"That's very decent of you Thothum." Liliana looked at him contemplatively while finishing up her meal. "Mail is expensive so you might want to save up some coin before sending it once normal traffic is restored." It actually seemed Thothum was being serious. Employing people was not something she had ever thought about but in these dark times it was undeniable that having the giant by her side would be invaluable. With him also watching over her she might dare gather ingredients for the doctor and split the pay between them.

"Why do you call me boss? What is it you expect of me? I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with... the customs of Dwanholf."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:26, Wed 08 Nov 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 83 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 00:58
A road through Moth
It was a bit confusing to be asked, from the boss, why he called her boss. Was it another test? Or maybe it wasn't a test and she needed to know. Maybe his boss was like him, and needed things explained to him. That would be nice. He liked people like him, though he hadn't met many. At least not that he knew of. People didn't always tell him they were like him. "Well, you're the boss, so I call you boss. Thoth... I mean, I need a boss to tell me what to do. And get me food. I am not good at it on my own. I do not know Dwanholf too." That seemed like a safe answer. Omirim had put it very badly, saying that Thothum was useless without a boss. And Thothum had thought it was true until Ellona had taught him that he could do things, but that he wasn't good at decisions, and that she was better at decisions. Omirim had been good at decisions too, Thothum thought, and so that meant that bosses were good at them. "You help Thothum make good decisions." He smiled. The smile was genuine and simple, completely ignorant of the events going on outside.
Esther
 player, 79 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 14:45
A road through Moth
Esther was surprised; Such grotesque display of violence caused few drops of sweat to gather her forehead and back. She stood in the spot
were she had first time seen the corpse, quickly turning her gaze away from the poor soul.

When she heard door opening behind her, she snapped out of her short lived shock. She eyed other onlookers to confirm that this
was not some bizarre ritual murder by townsfolk while slowly walking towards blacksmiths forge. Are they too scared to do anything?

She noticed Kyle and stopped her slow advance to again watch the crowd's reaction when Kyle
moved closer. Esther shook her head to response of Kyle's worried gaze. No, not yet.

Now walking faster, she approached Brunst. "Did you knew him?" She asked quietly and nodded
her head towards crucified guard.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:22, Wed 08 Nov 2017.

GM
 GM, 150 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 15:33
A road through Moth
"I did." Brunst said in between his hammer strikes. "I am the one who arms these men after all." He stopped to heat the blade, giving him a break from focusing on his work.
"I wasn't too friendly with him, but I knew him."
He watched over the streets and as he glanced at the church, he shook his head. "Someone has gone mad, this is no beasts work. Well, your blade will be ready by the evening. At least you'll be able to fend for yourself."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 99 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 18:39
A road through Moth
Thothum was apparently much worse off than she had thought. She wondered about his previous bosses and what kind of life he had led before getting shipped off here. What little she knew of him did not paint a pretty picture. "Okay, very well then." She said hesitantly.

"You can work for me as long as you want and I'll provide you with food to the best of my abilities and a share of what we earn." Hardly the most comprehensive terms of employment but it was the best she could do on the spot. She felt like she was taking advantage of the giant even if it had been his idea but she couldn't afford to not take this opportunity. Not if her plans to travel west might be pointless and she'd have to explore other possibilities. She might need all the strength she could get.

She returned his smile with one of fake sincerity. He trusted her to help him make good decisions yet this could very well be the worst decision he had ever made and she wasn't telling him that.

"If you'd join me I thought we could go search outside the town for the ingredients the doctor wanted later. Or rather I'll do the searching, but I'd feel better if you kept watch for danger while I did so." Finished with her meal she stood up. "For now lets go catch up with Esther and Kyle. You said in the woods that you used a shield? Perhaps the blacksmith is willing to do more work."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:40, Wed 08 Nov 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 84 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 20:00
A road through Moth
Thothum smiled a bit wider. This was good news. Liliana had done like Ellona and Omirim and had made him official in the gang, which meant that he was now official, which meant something. He was still uncertain exactly what it meant, however, as no one, not even Ellona had really gone through the trouble of explaining it. Before he'd been doing the same things for the same food and pay, but not it had a fancy word attached to it. Thothum sometimes liked those fancy words, and official was one of them. It was fun to say.

"Yes, boss," he said, first to the command and then a repetition to the question. "Yes, boss." It would be good for him to have a shield again. He used the shield to make certain things were close-enough to hit, which was important when you were slow like he was. Having a shield is exactly like having an axe. That was what his trainer had said when he was in Ellona's gang. Thothum had always thought that he was wrong, because you couldn't chop off anyone's head with a shield, but he had thought many things that turned out to be wrong. So, with his official smile intact, he grabbed his official axe and official followed along after his official boss.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 100 posts
 Totally not a witch
 AbusingThoseComposureDPs
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 03:22
A road through Moth
Outside the inn Liliana froze at the sight of the crucified body. "Good god." This was the message that had been left behind? The horrifying sight was not something she had expected in the middle of the town. She forcing the queasiness down and glanced around at the people gathered there. This wasn't a good time to be a stranger in Felch. Hopefully nobody had noticed her little excursion last night.

She quickly made her way to the smithy and Esther. "How horrible. Do they have any idea who could have done this?"
GM
 GM, 151 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 19:55
A road through Moth
"Not to my knowledge." Brunst said as he poured himself a drink. "The guards will undoubtedly do their best, but I'm sure this has struck them hard." As he took a sip, he offered a bottle of what presumably was alcohol to those around. "...Think I'll take the poor fellow's corpse elsewhere if no one else does it before I'm done with the work.
Esther
 player, 80 posts
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 20:38
A road through Moth
Esther accepted the offer and took long chug. "Phew!" She passed the bottle and appraised the crowd again. "But to whom that warning is?" She asked.
"Local guards? Have they figured out something out of place in the town?" That guard might have uncovered something he should've not?

This message was last edited by the player at 20:47, Fri 10 Nov 2017.

Kyle Silver
 player, 111 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 21:04
A road through Moth
Kyle remembered his days in the streets, before he joined the Watcher's. When one of his crew, or any other gang was apprehended, his dead body was usually displayed as a warning for others. It was tradition to retrieve the bodies and ditch them at the docks, as a way to challenge this signals.
As no one is offering help, he decided to pull this poor guy down by himself. Has he starts, he notices how the townsfolk is looking at him and his clothes.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 101 posts
 Totally not a witch
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 23:34
A road through Moth
"I think a certain someone already began." Liliana sent Kyle a disapproving look. It was for the people of Felch to tend to their dead, it was hardly appropriate for a stranger to interfere. She looked towards Brunst. “These are dark times. Would you be willing to do more work for the return of the metal or do you consider the sword fair payment? Thothum here would like a shield. There might be more danger in our immediate future and a shield would help keep him safe. We plan on venturing into the Rugsen Castle and bring back personal belongings for a fee if enough people would want that."
GM
 GM, 152 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 00:26
A road through Moth
Brunst gave a curious look to Liliana as she mentioned the castle. "Hmh, that so? I'd also be interested in knowing what has been brewing around there all this time. Come by me if it doesn't swallow you whole." He gave a half forced laugh. Most folk wouldn't even think to joke about matter like that, but Brunst seems to somewhat jaded to the things happening around him.
"As for the shield, I'll make it. Just tell me the kind you want and I'll make it for you, goliath."
Thothum Arha
 player, 85 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 02:42
A road through Moth
"Oh," Thothum said, looking to Liliana before speaking. "I need buckle." Apparently the giant thought that it was the proper name for the particular type of shield. "It's round," his booming voice continued as he tried to draw the shape in the air with his spare hand. It worked well, but it probably wasn't needed. The size was probably off too, because he'd drawn something easily the size of a normal shield, but that might just have been because his hand was as big as most bucklers in the first place, or maybe it was because that was how big a buckler would need to be to fit him. Whichever it was, he seemed to be content with his description. "Thank you."
GM
 GM, 153 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 19:35
A road through Moth
Brunst nodded to Thothum. "A buckler then, I assume. It'll be done after I have finished my other work. Sunrise at it's latest." Brunst set aside his drink and took the heated blade to continue working on it.
Esther
 player, 81 posts
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 20:56
A road through Moth
"Right, we should move. Maybe a stroll around a town is in order?" Esther asked and waved her hand to Brunst as goodbye. She wanted to leave the scene before Kyle gets himself
and others into a trouble. "We need to get him out of there." She whispered to Liliana and Thothum before starting to make her way to other side of the crowd.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 102 posts
 Totally not a witch
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 21:42
A road through Moth
Liliana answered Esther with a nod and gave Brunst a quick thank you as she turned to follow Esther through the crowd towards Kyle. There she reached up and put a hand on his shoulder. "I know how you feel but we should leave tending the dead to the people who knew him."

She forced herself to look at the mutilated body and paled. Prior experience with mutilated bodies and decapitated heads didn't help as much as might have wished. She sat down on a knee and examined the book quickly, letting her fingers drift through the pages. Then she tore out the pages with the blasphemies writing on them. She might already have given up hope that god would save her or the people she cared about a long time ago but seeing the words written was still disheartening and even now she found it offensive.

She crushed the pages into a ball and let them fall to the ground.

Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 91 using 1d100+20 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3) with rolls of 71.  Search: quick look a the body and book.
Kyle Silver
 player, 112 posts
 King of Eden
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 14:45
A road through Moth
"You know!? I don't think you... sighs I'm sorry. Anyway, they do not seem to care that much either. I will be ready when you decide to go to the mansion."
He quietly retires himself to wash his hands, covered once more in other person's blood. The people avoid hims and he makes his way towards the inn.
GM
 GM, 154 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 03:37
A road through Moth
The crowd gave cautious stares at Kyle, but didn't intervene. Most of them were clearly afraid, not even wanting to go near the body. But who could blame them? The corpse could be cursed by the devil himself for all they knew.
An older looking guard walked past the crowd with a grim look on his face, followed by somewhat younger looking man. The other man stopped on his trail as he saw the corpse with a shocked expression. After brief moment of silence, they picked up the dead guard and started to carry him away, past the church.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 103 posts
 Totally not a witch
Mon 13 Nov 2017
at 01:48
A road through Moth
Liliana made cross motion across her chest as the body was carried away. "Hopefully his spirit will find rest give a proper burial." Or at least take its anger out on the murderer. "Now there are monsters inside the village as out." She said looking towards Esther. "Lets go. I want to have a look around the town. We can ask people we meet if they are interested in having belongings recovered." She glanced around the crowd. "Unless you want to start here. Although that might not be appropriate..."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:49, Mon 13 Nov 2017.

Esther
 player, 82 posts
Mon 13 Nov 2017
at 20:59
A road through Moth
Esther nodded "Aye, mapping the town should come first." She gazed after the guards and then turned her attention towards the church. "Maybe we should add the church to our destinations? A lot of worried folk must be lamenting their worries to priests."

As they started making their way from the scene, Esther looked around and tried to spot large buildings. "Maybe the town hall is housing officials who escaped the castle?" She speculated out loud.
GM
 GM, 155 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 06:30
A road through Moth
The three of you set out to ask around the town, trying to find people who might have something to recover from the Rugesn castle.
There is surprising amount of activity in the town currently, more than you have seen before. As you ask around, it becomes apparent that there aren't many who had business at the castle.

The largest building in the town seems to be the church and when you ask about the town hall, you are told that the "town hall" where the town officials used to reside, is up there in the castle grounds. However, there is a building that has been converted for the same use, a place where people gather for meetings and such.

Soon after hearing about the town hall, Esther feels a someone tapping on her shoulder. As she turns, she sees a man clad in fur clothing. The man has thick black beard and long shaggy hair. His right eye has a small scar going across it and it's obvious that the same eye seems to be blinded.
"Yer the ones planning to go to castle?" His voice has a thick Northern accent, most likely from The Barren Icy Lands.
Esther
 player, 83 posts
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 16:48
A road through Moth
She trembled lightly and turned towards northerner. "Oh Hey! ... Aye, that we are." She acknowledged and nodded to him.
"You don't look a castle dweller." She added and crossed her arms suspiciously.
Thothum Arha
 player, 86 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 17:36
A road through Moth
Thothum didn't speak to the strange man. Partially, it was because he had nothing to say, even though he had plenty to say. What happened to your face? And why do you talk funny? were two of the more obvious things to say, but there were a lot more too. However, Ellona and Omirmim had both said that the things Thothum asked weren't important when they were around, because they would explain those things to him later. The fact that Thothum tended to forget these questions later had not gone unnoticed by him, but he figured that meant they weren't that important in the first place. And, by he figured, he meant that Ellona and Omirim had told him so. Figuring was very easy when other people told you how to do it. So, silent as a statue - and easily as tall as one - Thothum stood with his axe over his shoulder and listened to the ongoing conversation with the patience of a man who hasn't another thing to do in the world.
GM
 GM, 156 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 18:45
A road through Moth
"I worked for Rugesn. Not anymore, not since all that happened." His eyes were locked onto Esther and he didn't blink once as he spoke. "My keepsake is still there. Maybe you can get them for me? Is big shield, with black kraken, and my sword, looks different to yours. My bag there too, but that not so important." He dug his pouch and took a handful of coins to count. He concentrated in the task as he furrowed his brow, before nodding and looking at Esther again.
"I pay five gold. Reasonable price."
Esther
 player, 84 posts
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 19:19
A road through Moth
"Not much of a fighter, eh? Leaving your weapons behind you like that." Esther inquired with hint of amusement in her eyes. "If you worked for this Rugesn, what
you did for him?" She continued her questions. "... And where this sword and shield should be in the castle?" She finished and tilted her head into general direction of the castle.
GM
 GM, 157 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 19:37
A road through Moth
The man's expression turned gloomy and he huffed angrily. "I work as his shield, protector. I have failed, I was not there when this happen. You mock me and I rip your tongue out!" He grunted his threat and clenched his right fist as he did so.

Quickly he returned to more neutral mood, after taking a deep breath.
"My armaments are at the castle, the big building. Not the smaller. My room near Rugesn. I would go myself, but with no weapon, might be foolhardy."
Esther
 player, 85 posts
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 20:01
A road through Moth
Esther nodded and inquired further "What happened then? Guard leaving his weapons behind is not common. Did Rugesn kick you out or just ill luck on your part?"
GM
 GM, 159 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 21:54
A road through Moth
"I was in town. I get free time every now and then, so I come to spent time with people. Did not want to bring weapons for many reasons."
The man pointed to the sky around you. "Then next morning is all foggy, something happen in castle. So, will you bring me my possessions?" He crossed his arms as he waited your response.
Esther
 player, 86 posts
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 14:56
A road through Moth
Esther nodded again, "Sure, if we happen to stumble across your belongings we will get them for you." She gave herself a short thought before asking one last question.
"Say, what makes the castle so dangerous?" She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "The fear of unknown?"
GM
 GM, 161 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 22:37
A road through Moth
"I do not know. Could be vicious murderer or angry spirit. One person saw something, but he gone nuts. Does not talk to anyone." The man seemed a bit frustrated at the fact that he didn't know. After a short moment on contemplating, he nodded and pointed towards the church. "I live near temple. Near smith. Ask for Gundir, that is me."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 105 posts
 Totally not a witch
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 00:50
A road through Moth
Liliana stepped forward and gently elbowed Esther in the side. "We'll of course do our best to bring back your belongings, come by the inn tomorrow evening. Please do let others who might have items they want retrieved for coin or barter know." She paused. "Who is this crazed person who might have seen something? And Since you are familiar with the castle do you know where the archives are located?"
GM
 GM, 162 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 05:12
A road through Moth
"I... not sure. I think cleric is taking care of him. Maybe ask him, ask cleric I mean. Ar...chives?" Gundir struggled with the word and tried to think what it meant. "Room with lots of books? Like library? North part of main castle, next to room with big pipe piano. Sorry, servants usually give directions, this not my job. But I will come see you later, hopefully. Take care." He nodded his head and turned to leave.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 106 posts
 Totally not a witch
Fri 17 Nov 2017
at 13:11
A road through Moth
"Perhaps we should try talking with the crazed man? We might convince him to speak." Liliana asked Esther and looked off in the direction of the church. As she did so she gripped the side of her skirt tightly. "You wanted to go to the church anyway and anything at all he might have seen could help us."

"Oh I have an idea." She said enthusiastically and smiled. "How about we split up? You can go to the church while Thothum and I uh talk with people in the streets."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:12, Fri 17 Nov 2017.

Esther
 player, 87 posts
Fri 17 Nov 2017
at 17:06
A road through Moth
Esther looked Liliana with hint of doubt and grinned devilishly "Split up? I'm not expert with crazed people. They are usually violent and unpredictable..." She claimed while taking few steps towards Thothum. "And then you want to hog all our muscle for yourself? I could use him with me to church." She proposed and patted her palm on Thothum's side. "Makes asking questions easier when you got huge tower of muscle with you."

Without giving Liliana time to respond, she started taking steps towards the direction of the church. "We got all day to waste, let's go!"
Thothum Arha
 player, 88 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 17 Nov 2017
at 17:14
A road through Moth
Thothum was convinced now more than ever. Esther was a rival boss in the gang. That was dangerous. It was the worst kind of dangerous. Rival bosses meant that someone was going to get killed, and that meant that Thothum had to be certain he was on the right side, or he might get killed too. Not that anyone had ever managed to best Thothum's side in the past. Thothum was very hard to kill too, so that wasn't exactly a concern even if he lost. Still, it was enough to worry him. He stepped away from Esther and stood behind Liliana, helpfully placing himself visually and physically with her. She'd been the one to offer him food and help with repaying his debts, after all. Esther hadn't done that. That made Liliana the better boss, because Thothum liked food. Food was good. He was still a little hungry...

"I stay with boss," he said out loud, just to be 100% clear. One hundred percent, he'd been taught, was the best kind of clear. Even better than crystal, though he still didn't get why people thought crystals were clear. They made things looks all colory.
GM
 GM, 163 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 17 Nov 2017
at 19:42
A road through Moth
The group splitted as Esther set out towards the church and Thothum and Liliana continued to explore the town.

As Esther arrived to the church and stepped in, she was greeted with silence. No crowds of people, or anyone praying. Oddly quiet after everything that had happened, common people usually did try to find solace in church, but this was not the case here. Few candles were lit and young man sat on sidelines of the hall, his face resting on his hands and sad expression on his face.

While Thothum and Liliana wandered the streets, they came across a preacher addressing a crowd. The preacher had black beard, with a hint of gray, almost the length of his body and wine red robes on him.
"Repent! We have been wrong about our beliefs and now God is testing us with this curse! Repent! We can still earn the favor of God; those who follow his word and show true faith will be accepted back into his flock! Repent!"
There were almost dozen people there listening to the man's ravings.
Esther
 player, 88 posts
Fri 17 Nov 2017
at 20:36
A road through Moth
Esther quickly looked around at the church and leaned in wait near the front doors. Giving few minutes to Liliana to show up.

Her plan was to quickly ask from priests if they knew anyone who would like to hire her to look around the castle for their belongings or something specific. After
that she would retreat from the church and return asking around from town for same thing.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 107 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 13:25
A road through Moth
With the message left at the crossroad and now this preacher it appeared like there was a struggle going on over the people's faith. Standing at the edge of the crowed she listened to the preacher for a while with a somber expression. After a moment she stepped closer to one of the people in the crowd and asked quietly. "Who is he?"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:26, Sat 18 Nov 2017.

GM
 GM, 164 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 19 Nov 2017
at 00:06
A road through Moth
An middle aged woman turned to look at Liliana. "He's Michal, son of Lord Filipek. Oh, you are the outsiders, aren't you? Then you wouldn't know who Lord Filipek is I suppose... He was the governing Lord in Felch before Lord Rugesn was appointed as the new one."
The man, Michal Filipek, kept shouting his word of God tirelessly to the crowd as the woman explained who he was. "...judgement will be fierce upon the unbelievers...!"
"I've never seen him worked up like this before." The woman said.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 108 posts
 Totally not a witch
Mon 20 Nov 2017
at 08:49
A road through Moth
There seemed to be divided opinions on the cause of the curse that lay upon the village. She would have expected that the son of the previous lord would be one of those that blamed the new lord for the curse rather than claiming it was a punishment from god. She made a mental note to ask Haley about why the Rugsen family had been appointed new Lords of the town. Knowing some of the village history and family relations would be a good idea if they planned to stay awhile.

"I see, thank you." Perhaps his preaching was a reaction to the murder. "We plan on exploring the abandoned Rugsen castle tomorrow morning and retrieve lost personal belongings per request." She said quietly, no reason not to get the word out there. "We are staying at the inn if you or anybody you know needs anything recovered." She gave the woman a nod before walking away. She couldn't bear listening to the preaching any longer.

Out of earshot from the preacher she stopped and looked to Thothum. "You don't say much mister Thothum. What do you think about the curse that has fallen over the village?"

This message was last edited by the player at 08:53, Mon 20 Nov 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 89 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Mon 20 Nov 2017
at 18:51
A road through Moth
"Oh," Thothum said immedately, to buy himself time. He'd been paying attention... sort of. Not exactly. He'd been paying a lot more attention to the people around them, watching for signs of people who might be coming close with a knife, or a sword, or an axe. He wasn't much good against people with crossbows and guns, but he knew how to step in front of someone being shot at. After all, he healed a lot faster than either of his former bosses. So, he had been listening, but not exactly listening to what she was talking about. However, the question didn't require his former attention, or at least he hoped not.

"I think it is bad," he said. That was a good answer, and a safe one, but assuming she wanted more he continued, hesitantly. "It is... Omirim told me bad things happen to bad people. If good happens to you, it is because you's good. If bad, then you's bad." He nodded at that. Sage advice from his first boss. "Are," he added. Good catch, Thothum.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 109 posts
 Totally not a witch
Mon 20 Nov 2017
at 22:48
A road through Moth
"Mhm that's what the preacher thinks too, people have been bad and this is the punishment." Liliana said and was quiet for a moment before continuing to speak. "I used to think that way too. That as long as you remained good and god-fearing good things would happen to you. But what if you have tried to be a good person but bad things keeps happening anyway?" She felt anger boil up as she spoke. Brushing a hand through her hair she took a deep breath. "Never mind… How about the castle? Are you worried at all about going there? It could be dangerous, no way to know."
Thothum Arha
 player, 90 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 21 Nov 2017
at 03:08
A road through Moth
Thothum had just finished preparing his answer when Liliana told him something new, and dismissed the old question. "I not afraid of castles. They are big and cold, but I do not think they can hurt me." He smiled. "The last one that try was not very good at it." He nodded. "And I protect you, boss. So no worry... woryyy... No problems!" he finished, a little louder than absolutely necessary. Recognizing he'd done wrong, he looked a bit sheepish. "Sorry. I get loud sometimes."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 110 posts
 Totally not a witch
Tue 21 Nov 2017
at 13:52
A road through Moth
Liliana flinched at his raised voice but quickly collected herself and smiled up at him. "A little loudly said perhaps but that lessens my worries." She wasn't sure he really understood the kind of danger they might face within the castle but she couldn’t blame him as she had but guesswork and imagination to go on.

There was an awkward pause as she wanted to offer him some reassurances in turn but couldn’t bring herself to do so. "Let's go find Esther. Perhaps she has had more luck." She headed back towards the inn. If Esther had not returned there she’d wait nearby the church for a while.

"Who is Omirim?" She asked Thothum as they walked through the street.
Thothum Arha
 player, 91 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Tue 21 Nov 2017
at 21:04
A road through Moth
"Omirim was first boss," Thothum said. "Back in the sandy places. He was a good boss. He died because of magic." His solemn nod was all the tribute that he gave to the man now; his grief over his own part in it had been assuaged a long, long time ago. "He taught Tho... I how to be sneaky. I'm very good at sneaking." The giant seemed happy with this line of questioning. These were things he knew very well, and could explain to other people if they asked. The list of things he could say that about was a small list, and mainly consisted of things absolutely no one would expect him to know anything about. Of course, he was actually an expert in next to none of these things, but he felt he did, and so he was happy to help explain.
Esther
 player, 89 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 14:45
A road through Moth
After short minute of waiting she gave up the idea that any priest looking individual would appear in the main hall. She locked her eyes to the lone young man and approached him. "You there!" She raised her voice enough not to disturb the silence too much. "Have priests and locals abandoned their sanctuary?" She asked, slightly lowering her tone, if the man had acknowledged her presence.
GM
 GM, 165 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 14:56
A road through Moth
It took a moment for the man to realise that he was being talked to. He raised his posture and cautiously nodded to Esther before finally managing to get a word out. "Oh, I... Well, Father isn't in... condition to meet anyone at the moment. So, that leaves it all up to... me I guess."
He got up from the chair and took few steps towards Esther. "I'm Laurens, Cristian Laurens. I work here as Father Jakob's assistant, cleaning, fixing and other stuff that he's gotten too old to do. I'll help you in his instead, if it's possible." Cristian did his best to look less gloomy, but his smile was wavering at best.
Esther
 player, 90 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 15:06
A road through Moth
"So he was the one who saw something at the castle? I'm just curious what has happened there." Esther asked while looking around. "But if he is bad shape I guess we can leave him be. Did he describe anything to you?"
GM
 GM, 166 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 15:23
A road through Moth
Cristian looked at Esther with a hint uncertainty on his face. "Pardon? Saw something at the castle? You must be mistaken. Oh! You must be talking about the girl, my apologies. Father and I have been taking care of her, but she hasn't really said anything. Not while awake anyway." He pondered for a moment and continued. "Her name is Emily, I think. No one here really knows her, spent most her time at the castle. I can take you to her, though I don't think it will do much good."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 111 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 15:44
A road through Moth
"You are good at sneaking?" Liliana said with an amused chuckle. She tried imagined the giant sneaking around and failed horribly. "That a useful skill to have as long as it is not used for ill. It sounds like you admired your boss a lot. I hope he rests in peace." She made a crossing motion across her chest. "Magic has been the cause of many tragedies." She kept her gaze on the ground as she spoke. "It is... it brings... have you had many bosses Thothum? What kind of work do you usually do for them?"
Esther
 player, 91 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 16:03
A road through Moth
"Sure, it doesn't hurt to take a look." Esther nodded and let him show the way.
"Church seems awfully quiet, shouldn't times like these make locals call this place their second home?" She asked, after Cristian had started guiding her towards Emily.
GM
 GM, 167 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 16:34
A road through Moth
Cristian said nothing to Esther's inquiry and kept guiding her to the second floor of the church, which resided in the back. There he opened door to a small room with only few furniture. On the bed lied a girl, maybe fourteen or fifteen, with blonde hair. She seemed to be awake and was staring into nothingness, not reacting to you coming in.

"Morning Emily... I hope you are well. A visitor came to see you." Cristian walked into the room and took an half empty plate from next to her bed. He just sighed at the sight of it and moved it to the table.
Esther
 player, 92 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 17:31
A road through Moth
Esther approached the girl and gave short moment for her to register Esther's presence. "Hello?" She waved her hand above her head. "I heard that you were in the castle." She asked and squatted next to the bed. "I'm going there tomorrow to look around places." She tilted her head slightly worried expression on her face and waited for any response.
Kyle Silver
 player, 115 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 20:26
A road through Moth
Kyle has been sitting in the inn for the extended period of 35 minutes, doing nothing for some unknown reason. At first he was waiting for his companions and thinking about the past and the future, but his patience is running out and his feet is tapping on the wooden floor so fast that could set a little flame. He suddenly gets up.
"Aaaagh! That's enough! I'm done here, I'm gonna look for any of them, even Lars!"
And he blasts the doors on his way out.
Thothum Arha
 player, 92 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 22 Nov 2017
at 22:23
A road through Moth
Shortly before Kyle burst out of the inn they were walking towards, Thothum offered the following explanation to Liliana. "I had two bosses. Not at the same time. Omirim was first, in the sandy place. Then Ellona in the green place. Thothum is the muscle. I stand guard and lift things. If people must be thrown, Tho... I can throw them too, or crush them, or cut them. Enemies of the gang have to get through me to get to you, and I am big." It was, very possibly, the most Thothum had spoken in a single setting, although he wasn't certain. He should probably count the words... but he can no longer fully remember what he said. That, of course, was when Kyle entered the scene. "Thothum can demonstrate with Kyle if you want?" Although he smiles when he says it, it's unclear if Thothum realizes he just suggested killing Kyle. Maybe he doesn't actually mean it, and maybe he would stop himself short, but knowing Thothum...
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 112 posts
 Totally not a witch
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 14:48
A road through Moth
"No!" Liliana said aghast and raised her hands up in a placating gesture. "You don't need to demonstrate. I'll take your word for it." She coulden't quite tell if the giant was serious but best not to take any chances. "Hello Kyle." She spoke up as they approached him. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"
GM
 GM, 168 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 15:02
A road through Moth
The girl's eyes just lightly flinched as Esther waved her hand, but she never actually looked straight at her. Her expression seemed to turn ever so slightly sour as the word "castle" was mentioned, but Emily didn't comment on it in any other way.

Cristian shook his head, worried of the young girl's condition. "That's how she has been ever since she was brought here. Hasn't uttered single word and barely eats or does anything if not assisted. Though, she does have night terrors daily and she talks in her sleep."
Esther
 player, 93 posts
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 15:32
A road through Moth
Esther moved her hand closer to give comforting pat to Emily, her hand froze before she had a chance to pet the poor girl. She retracted her hand and slowly stood up. "Ahem, What does she say when she dreams?" Esther asked, still facing the girl; holding her fist tightly clenched.
GM
 GM, 169 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 23 Nov 2017
at 17:29
A road through Moth
Cristian tried to remember what she had said exactly. "I'm not entirely sure, but Father might have written down what she has said during the nights. He was with her on some nights, looking after her. I just remember her squirming on her bed, talking of strange things."

He thought about it for awhile before continuing. "I can go look if he has anything written down, if you'd like."
Esther
 player, 94 posts
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 19:46
A road through Moth
After short silence Esther nodded "Sure, if it doesn't take long." She stepped away from the bedside and leaned her back to wall. "Do you mind if I stay here or should I follow?"
GM
 GM, 170 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 25 Nov 2017
at 12:43
A road through Moth
"You can stay here. Might take me awhile for me to find them." Cristian left the room, leaving you alone with Emily. For a quarter of an hour you wait before you finally hear Cristian's steps closing in the room.

"These should be it." Cristian hands you couple paper notes. "I haven't really read through them, so I don't know what's written on them exactly. I read only the first two sentences really."

The notes written by Father Jakob contain lot of text about the nights' events before getting to Emily, none which are particularly interesting, and most of Emily's "talking" is assumptions and guesses. It's likely that the majority of it has been incoherent mumble.
At the end part of the notes it gets much more clearer:

"No, stay away! You are not an angel! Please... Don't!"
Emily then proceeded to scream loudly and she was sweating profusely. Some minutes passed before she stopped rolling around in the bed and started to talk again.
"Mother? Father? Don't leave me... Don't... Please..."
After a minute of sobbing, she suddenly opened her eyes and stared at me. This has not happened before. She isn't answering to my questions or speaking in general. Is she still sleeping?
"Nashiira. Vedes. Varante. Nashiira. Vedes. Varante."
What does that mean? doesn't sound too familiar.
"Laidislau."


The notes end after that word.
Esther
 player, 95 posts
Sat 25 Nov 2017
at 15:24
A road through Moth
Esther took her time, she quickly noticed how rusty her literacy had gotten. After spending fair amount of time reading the text few times over she handed notes back to Cristian. "This makes little sense to me I'm afraid."

She gave final glance towards the girl before turning towards Cristian. "I appreciate your time for my inquires, even how pointless they seem."
GM
 GM, 171 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 25 Nov 2017
at 15:38
A road through Moth
Cristian nods and escorts Esther back to the main hall. "I have some matters to tend to, but you are welcome to stay in the church if you so wish." Without further word, he disappears from sight.
Esther
 player, 96 posts
Sun 26 Nov 2017
at 20:41
A road through Moth
She slowly makes her way to exit, while absorbed in her thoughts. On the front doors, familiar street and thick fog reminds her for the horrible sight she witnessed in the morning,
she turns her head back inside before abandoning the idea to pry any deeper into town's problems.

Esther returns to her previous task of the day; finding more information about the castle and seeking those who would pay her for visiting the castle, was it retrieval of items or anything else.
Kyle Silver
 player, 116 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 11:25
A road through Moth
Kyle stops by the couple and looks at them for a second. Thothum definitely looks like the kind of guy who is protecting someone important, the kind of person that you keep away from for five feet, ten in his case particularly.

"I got tired of waiting, so I was looking for you guys, are you done with the church? then we can take a look at the mansion. Is Esther joining us?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 113 posts
 Totally not a witch
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 16:27
A road through Moth
"Mansion? What kind of place have you been living in?" Liliana shock her head in bafflement. "Esther went to the church. Once she returns we can go have a look and decide if going in there is worth the danger."
Esther
 player, 97 posts
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 20:15
A road through Moth
When Esther walked from the church, she was greeted with sight of other survivors. "Oh, there you are." She waved her hand to others. "So, boss. Got us any jobs from the castle?" She smirked playfully to Liliana and rested her hands on her hip, before marching pass others and looking around the streets. "I met a poor girl who had seen something unspeakable at the castle." She gave short gaze to church doors while mentioning about Emily. "Not much we can do there..." Her cheerful attitude dropped for a short moment. "We still have plenty of time to kill, right?" She asked and pointed her thumb to streets.
Kyle Silver
 player, 117 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 14:10
A road through Moth
"Mansion, castle, palace... What's the difference? I've lived in a hut, a farm, an inn, a boat, under a bridge and finally in the Watcher's Commonhouse. But no experience in castles yet..." He shuts up when Esther arrives.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 114 posts
 Totally not a witch
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 20:01
A road through Moth
"Ahaha" Liliana brushed a hand through her hair sheepishly. "Not as such but I did get the word out there a little bit." She followed Esther’s gaze towards the church. "Well if you think you have learned what you can... Kyle wanted to have a closer look at the castle. It's probably a good idea and we can talk with people on the way."
Esther
 player, 98 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 17:45
A road through Moth
"I can explain what happened in the church in more detail in evening. Yeah, we could take a look at the castle." She agreed and started making her way on street towards the castle.
GM
 GM, 172 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 18:21
A road through Moth
There wasn't many buildings between you and the castle and most of those were silent as grave. The church resided quite near to the town's edge and the path started to slowly rise as you got closer to the castle.
Few hundred meters away you finally saw it towering among the mist; the majestic castle that was larger than any structure most of you had seen before loomed on a tall cliff. The building consisted of several large structures connected by walls surrounding the place. The road snaked around the rocky cliff to the gates twenty meters above the ground you were standing on.


The portcullis was still up and the doors wide and open, nothing was stopping anyone from just walking inside.
Thothum Arha
 player, 93 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 1 Dec 2017
at 03:18
A road through Moth
Thothum liked that Esther was calling Liliana boss like a proper gang member now. He didn't know how Liliana had solved the problem so quickly, but it seemed to him like she was a really impressive boss. After all, two bosses wasn't better than one; everyone knew that.

At the castle, however, his thoughts were occupied by other things. Thothum was one of the few that had seen structures as grand and magnificent as this one, if not moreso. He liked them. They were pretty, and usually had big doors. Big doors were always a good sign. If he took any notice of the light on in the window, or how odd it seemed, he made no outwards mention of it beyond something very subtle: he positioned himself on the same side of Liliana as the window. Not any further forward, and not into the intervening space, but closer to a position where he could get himself into that straight line between A and point Boss.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 115 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 19:53
A road through Moth
The castle was easily the single largest and most intimidating structure Liliana had ever seen. It was easy to forget where she was when looking at it. It just didn’t feel like the castle belonged here. If the Rugsen family had been rich and influential enough to build an entire castle why would they chose to do so in Felch? That probably said something about either this area or the Rugsen family but she knew little of matters regarding countries and nobility.

However if the castle had been built to intimidate then they had certainly succeeded. Entering the castle wasn’t something she wanted to do but it was something she needed. If Lord Rugsen had been involved with what was happening then there might be useful information to be learned inside about The Great One.

Still going inside could be dangerous, would be dangerous if she was being honest with herself. There was something she knew that the others deserved to know too before deciding if they wanted to go in there. She knew for certain the castle was not entirely empty although she didn't know who or what.

She stood looking up at the castle while pondering how best to tell them. She could not tell them how she knew or they would scorn her, she shivered at the thought. Having heard it in town was not an option since Thothum had been with her all day. Maybe she could ask them to come here after dark and they might see for themselves. But she would have to explain why and there was a murderer loose.

Maybe it didn't need to be so complicated. "Oh! Did you see that?" Liliana exclaimed loudly and pointed towards the castle "I saw something move up in the window there!" She lied. "I can't see it anymore but it was definitely someone or something there." Good, now they knew about as much as she did.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:06, Sun 03 Dec 2017.

Esther
 player, 99 posts
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 20:38
A road through Moth
"It is certainly a large castle." Esther pointed out. "And we plan to waltz into the front gates do we?" She asked and measured the walls and giving short thought before raising her gaze back to the castle itself after Liliana claimed to have seen something. "Aye, judging everything what has happened here, I would be surprised if that castle was not infested by those swamp monsters or worse."

"If there is something inside, they are watching the gate for sure." She pondered out loud. "I can climb up those walls easily and set up a rope, ladder or something for rest of you." She looked at Thothum with slight uncertainty. "We need strong rope though..."
Kyle Silver
 player, 118 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 13:53
A road through Moth
Kyle had never been in a castle of any sort. Arenas and stadiums were more his kind. The overall aspect of the building was impressive.
Before he could waltz into the gates, Esther suggested using an alternative route. Climbing was not his strongest quality, he was quite good at jumping thought.
"Maybe we can find an open window on the lower level, no need to go upstairs"
GM
 GM, 173 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 19:30
A road through Moth
The only windows you could see at the edge of the castle are on your left, west side of the structure. The windows are part of one of the big buildings, which unfortunately are quite a way from you, standing at the side of tall cliff which would require one to be adept in climbing not to fall twenty or more meters to the ground.
None of the windows in your sight seem to be open.
Esther
 player, 100 posts
Fri 8 Dec 2017
at 22:30
A road through Moth
"Feel free to snoop around, I'm done here." She declared and turned away. "I'm not going near that thing before my sword is done.
You guys can find me from my room at the inn." She added as she separated from the group.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 116 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 01:21
A road through Moth
The approach up to the castle gates looked abandoned enough but that did not necessarily mean much. Climbing the steep cliff on the other hand would be a challenge for her even with a rope. It didn't bode well for the town if the castle had been overtaken by vile and dark creatures. It wouldn't surprise her either if that was the case but it wasn't her first guess.

Not wanting Esther to wander about alone with a murderer on the loose she quickly turned around and followed her away from the castle. "A wise precaution, the smith said he would make Thothum a shield too. We best wait until his work is done." She had planned on taking a walk outside the town and find out what trees and plants grew nearby. Even that was dangerous these days but if the murderer was lurking around she was certain he'd flee after taking one look at Thothum. If there were darker things outside she had faith she would be warned and protected if need be.

Yet the day might be better spent resting if they really were going into that place tomorrow and it was indeed best to be prepared. Perhaps Esther would join her another day when she was armed even if the pay if any might be scarce.
GM
 GM, 174 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 23:28
A road through Moth
You walked away from the castle for now and reach back to the inn after few minutes of walking. Outside you see Lars sitting on chair which he probably loaned from inside. He greets you by raising his hand as he notices you approaching.

OOC: We'll go forward with things when people feel ready for it.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 117 posts
 Totally not a witch
Tue 12 Dec 2017
at 07:58
A road through Moth
"Good afternoon Lars. You look better today." Liliana said as she returned his gesture. "We had a look at the old Rugsen castle. I don't know how much you caught yesterday but we might go and explore it tomorrow." She briefly explained what they knew of the castle in case he had not been in shape to hear it the previous evening as well as the gold they had been promised should they manage to recover the warriors weapons. "They say it is abandoned but we are pretty sure there is something alive there. I saw something move."

"You could come along if you wish." She said cautiously. "But with the injuries you took yesterday it would be best if you diden't strain yourself."
GM
 GM, 175 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 12 Dec 2017
at 08:42
A road through Moth
"Hah, I'll live. Thank you for your concern." Lars looked at the streets before continuing. "Think I'll tag along, this place isn't exactly a paradise either. Not with the locals being jumpy as hell. Just... don't expect me to leap at another batch of crows or the likes if we come across them. Getting out of the bed was challenge enough." Lars rubbed his left shoulder and winced to give emphasis to his point.

"Had a talk with Brunst while you were gone, said he'd be done with everything by the morning."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 118 posts
 Totally not a witch
Thu 14 Dec 2017
at 09:46
A road through Moth
"That's good news. Mister Brunst must be working hard." It could just be that he wasn't bogged down with other tasks but she suspected that Brunst was a very proficient smith. "You heard about the horrible murder that took place last night? You should take care not to go anywhere alone until the perpetrator is found." With the warning given she continued into the inn.

"I'm going to rest in my room." She told her companions. "If anybody needs me I'll be there." Stepping into her room and making sure the door was securely closed behind her she lay down in her bed and let out a sigh. So much had happened the last couple of days and she needed time to think while she wasn't exhausted or under pressure about what had happened and the decisions she had mad.

Eventually she got out of her bed and knelt down in front of it with her hands clasped together and her elbows resting on the bed. An act mostly out of habit, it had been long since prayer provided any comfort for her and now it just made her feel... conflicted. Soon she gave it up and instead sat down on the floor with her legs crossed underneath her. Closing her eyes she drew several deep breaths and waited for her heart to calm down. Then she focused.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:48, Thu 14 Dec 2017.

Thothum Arha
 player, 96 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 15 Dec 2017
at 05:10
A road through Moth
Thothum was content to follow. Following was easier than leading, though he'd never tried leading, admittedly. He'd just always heard that leading was harder from Omirim, and occasionally from Ellona too. They were obviously much smarter than he was, so it must have been true. So, when Liliana had them go to the castle, and then leave the castle almost immediately, it wasn't surprising to him, and it didn't bother him in the least. He didn't need explanations, he just needed orders. When Liliana went to bed, however, he found himself at odds with what to do with himself for the evening. Eating sounded good, but he was no longer certain whether or not he had food waiting for him at the inn. The boss procured food. He ate it. Still, it couldn't hurt to ask. Well, it could. It had once, but only once. So that meant that he could probably try it again and it might not turn out bad.

"Can I have more food, please?" Thothum asked Hailey with a big smile. He liked smiling, and smiling was supposed to help make people give him things. That was what Omirim did. He smiled a lot and people gave him things. That was what Thothum knew.
GM
 GM, 176 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 15 Dec 2017
at 10:50
A road through Moth
Hayley squinted at Thothum. She still wasn't exactly comfortable with the giant of a man, who was big enough to break tables by accident. Not to mention the amount of food he consumed.
"I suppose, whatcha had in mind?"
Esther
 player, 101 posts
Sun 17 Dec 2017
at 09:29
A road through Moth
Esther gave a salute to Lars and Hayley as she retreated to her room. Everything was set for tomorrow. She stretched her body before sitting down on the bed.

Her freedom and the long cart ride across Dwänholf had given her time to concentrate. Everything that had happened seemed to be for better.
Now she only had to let loose at the castle and blow some steam from her system.

She felt biting warmth in her finger tips and smiled to her success.
Kyle Silver
 player, 121 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 17 Dec 2017
at 12:39
A road through Moth
Kyle watched silently as all his companions stepped back inside the inn. He did not feel like getting himself between walls and ceilings, and turned back to the streets. He started walking missing the contact of the Eden ball, and proceded to search for some local folks, or kids, that may be playing his sport before night fell again.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 12:39, Sun 17 Dec 2017.

GM
 GM, 177 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 17 Dec 2017
at 17:29
A road through Moth
The streets were more lively at the day light, which still wasn't much, as the people still had to make due even with the current situation being what it is. There weren't more than couple kids that Kyle could see on his stroll and the people on the streets weren't doing things more complicated than socializing with each other, which was still done in small groups at most. The walk was quite uneventful with the people subtly avoiding Kyle as he passed by.
GM
 GM, 179 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 08:42
A road through Moth
A new day dawned as Hayley went from door to door in order to wake everyone up. As you came down stairs you saw Fergus and Lars arguing over something which ended with Fergus taking back his sword. Lars seemed somewhat displeased as Fergus walked outside, but shrugged it off fairly quickly as he saw rest of the group gathering for breakfast.

"Morning to you all. I woke up quite early and finished eating already. I'm gona go see if Brunst is done with the weapons." Not waiting for a response, Lars walked out only moments after Fergus.
Esther
 player, 102 posts
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 13:32
A road through Moth
Without hesitation Esther followed Lars, partly for not trusting anyone see the blacksmith before her and partly lack of patience.
"I'll be back soon for breakfast!" She announced happily to Hayley and cached up with Lars.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 119 posts
 Totally not a witch
 Needs Coffee
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 13:44
A road through Moth
It was good that a new morning had arrived even if she felt terrible. With sluggish steps she made her way down the stairs and her only replay to Esther was to look dumbly after her while her mind struggled to process what was happening. She slumped down in a chair and rubbed her eyes.

"Did anybody comr by? About the castle?" She asked Hayley after a while.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:53, Mon 18 Dec 2017.

GM
 GM, 180 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 18:06
A road through Moth
Hayley served breakfast to Liliana before answering her question. "Nay, been real quiet all yesterday. More quiet than normally really. Streets have been surprisingly active though, guess people have been shook up by recent events." Hayley didn't like talking about that kind of stuff and quickly steered into more pleasant chatter.

Esther approached Brunst's workshop and saw Lars standing there with a note in his hand. As he heard Esther's steps, he turned to look at her.
"It would seem that master Brunst is not present at the moment. He did finish the orders in time though." Lars pointed to the table with couple weapons, shield and some sort of chainless shackles on it.
Kyle Silver
 player, 122 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 19 Dec 2017
at 00:15
A road through Moth
Kyle follows everyone into the forge. Once there, he does not hesitate and picks his weights up.
Wow, he really did a job, I'm gonna have a hard time to get used to this, but it will be worth the effort.

He looks at the others who doesn't seem to understand, and doubts for a second of waiting to be alone to try them. But the he realises that his training suit has half length pants and they are going to be visible anyway, so he adjust each weight to his ankles and tries a few leaps and low kicks, the he heads out after adding:
"That looks like a fine sword Esther"
Esther
 player, 103 posts
Tue 19 Dec 2017
at 19:43
A road through Moth
Esther picked up her sword and drew part of the blade from scabbard for inspection. After a short appraisal she raised her head and looked around at forge. "Shame, maybe Brunst will be back later so I can properly thank him for swift job." She swung the sword over her shoulder and fasted the carrying strap and gave careless look to Kyle's oddities and wondered them for a brief moment; Thinking what kind of person would want to shackle themselves voluntarily. "People might get wrong idea. Impersonating an escaped slave might not be the smartest thing to do." She advised, giving little weight for his compliments before turning her attention towards tavern and the breakfast that would be waiting inside.

Without spending time idling she headed back. Trying out the sword properly would have to wait until she had done eating.
GM
 GM, 181 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 20 Dec 2017
at 22:15
A road through Moth
Lars grabbed a long sword from the table and sat down at the edge of the workshop. He lazily observed the surroundings as he waited for his company to be ready to move out towards the castle.
Thothum Arha
 player, 97 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 21 Dec 2017
at 02:16
A road through Moth
Thothum was quiet, but smiling, as he ate up some breakfast with the others. He didn't go to the smith though, not without Liliana. She was the boss, and she was the one who gave permission for things like that, and he was hungry anyways. Things had a particular order they needed to be done in, Thothum had always thought, and that order was whatever the boss said it was. It was a good rule, as in all things, though Thothum did wonder what his new shield was going to liked. He liked buckles. They were really good in combat. And they weren't that heavy, which was kind of funny because his axe was pretty heavy. So he thought that attack things should be heavy, and defend things should be light. That was why he didn't wear fancy armor. Armor was heavy, and heavy wasn't good for defend. All of these thoughts were in the past, however, as, at the present time, he was much more concerned with breakfast.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 120 posts
 Totally not a witch
Thu 21 Dec 2017
at 22:15
A road through Moth
Liliana was looking more awake by the time Esther returned and was busy eating her breakfast. The sword was evidently finished and it was a strange one. Hopefully Esther knew how to wield it since she had asked for it. That might be a great help if there was something dangerous in the castle. Hopefully it would not come to that but hopes had little value these days. She moved her gaze from the sword and towards Hayley. "What is the story of the Filipek family?" She asked thinking about what she had seen yesterday. "I saw Michal Filipek preaching out on the streets yesterday. Was there any particular reason Rugsen was give the lordship instead?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:15, Thu 21 Dec 2017.

GM
 GM, 183 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 22 Dec 2017
at 15:02
A road through Moth
"Filipek? Oh, lord before Rugesn? I don't really know that much, think Rugesn has been lord since my birth. Or I was just too young to remember. I've heard lot of bitterness over the change from the older folk over years, but I have no idea why was Rugesn put in charge."

Hayley continued her duties until something suddenly came into her mind. "Oh! Now I remember! Lord Filipek was that man with really bushy black beard and ice piercing glare. I... used to be scared of him when I was little..." Hayley said with hint of embarrasment. "If I remember correctly, he was really sick. Might have been why he was replaced. He died quite some time ago and was burried at his family's graveyard."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 122 posts
 Totally not a witch
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 14:50
A road through Moth
"I see. Thank you, Haley." The change of lordship had been a point of conflict in the past at least. She sat idly wondering if the late Lord Rugsen had anything to do with the current events or not. It was no way to know for certain but perhaps their visits to the castle might shed some light. She glanced over at Esther "Satisfied with your new sword? Feeling confident enough to enter the castle?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:51, Sun 31 Dec 2017.

Esther
 player, 105 posts
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 18:00
A road through Moth
Interrupted by a question she gave short pause to her hasty eating and raised her head towards Liliana. "It is hard to say if the sword is good. I doubt it will do us any good at the castle. But yes, I feel more secured to walk around this town." She acknowledged and continued eating.

"Never killed a ghost or a monster, maybe today is that day when I do... And safe the princess from the castle too." She sputtered while keeping her mouth busy with breakfast.
Thothum Arha
 player, 101 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 10 Jan 2018
at 22:20
A road through Moth
"Thothum has never killed a ghost before also," Thothum said with a big smile and a nod. "I," he corrected himself, his face furrowing in concentration. He hated that speaking was so confusing. He was Thothum, but he was supposed to call himself I, even though other people called him you, and he, and Thothum, and other people called themselves I. It was the sort of thing that should be fixed, but he hadn't figured out how to hit words with his axe yet. When he did, however, he had plans...
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 126 posts
 Enchant everything!
 Just to be sure.
Fri 12 Jan 2018
at 14:37
A road through Moth
"Perhaps we could find a way to kill a ghost..." Liliana said thoughtfully. Sadly with so many people dying what she assumed was horribly within the castle and left unattended ghosts were a concern. "But I sure hope we won’t run into ghosts or monsters. If we do running away would be the wiser choice, but if you do want to test out your blade I'll try to stay out of the way." After everyone had a chance to eat Liliana stood up. "If everybody is ready we should act while we have the daylight on our side, meager as it might be in this fog."
GM
 GM, 185 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 12:58
A road through Moth
After everyone had finished eating and doing their morning chores, the five of you, after taking Lars with you, set your course towards the castle once again. The sun light barely pierced the gloomy fog, letting out visible sunrays through. Small drops of water started to rain down scarcely as you reached the steeply raising path at the bottom of the hill. It would seem that you have a rainy day ahead of you.

"Sure is quite a castle. Wonder who built it." Lars said as he eyed the tall rocky structure. After observing the castle for few seconds he calmly started to walk forth while giving few spins to his new sword.
Esther
 player, 108 posts
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 14:08
A road through Moth
Esther unsheathed her blade calmly as they approached the castle grounds and fastened nodachi's long scabbard to her back. She let the blade rest on her shoulder and focused her attention towards the castle and it's surrounding cliffs. "Front gates it is?" She asked; now rhetorical question as no one had made preparations for climbing the high walls.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 127 posts
Wed 17 Jan 2018
at 10:56
A road through Moth
Liliana looked up the steep water drenched cliff and didn't like her chances. "...mhm I'm not climbing up there." She walked up towards the guardhouse keeping right behind Lars and Esther. She didn't know how much help their swords would be against what might lurk inside and hoped they wouldn't have to find out. Neither did she know how much help she could be but she would do what she could.
GM
 GM, 187 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 17 Jan 2018
at 14:16
A road through Moth
You step through the front gate into a courtyard, walled all around. Yet another gate and wall divides you from the castle's main structure, this one locked down with a portcullis and a set of reinforced doors behind them. The area is void of life and the dark walls of the castle feel almost oppressive to be surrounded with, not giving much feeling of security that such place is supposed to give.
One of the place's large buildings is on your left, built as part of the wall The place is probably where most of the servants and visitors would be housed. The courtyard also has a well, stables and few smaller huts build from wood.
Kyle Silver
 player, 125 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 17 Jan 2018
at 23:21
A road through Moth
Kyle steps in behind everyone, looking at the surroundings, nothing seems out of place yet, apart from a guy like him in such a fancy place. He start to gaze at the elements in the scene to trace possible routes to climb, jump and enter through many windows, and avoid possible obstacles.
"Shall we just try any door?" he suggests.
GM
 GM, 188 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 21 Jan 2018
at 16:22
A road through Moth
Lars walked around the yard as he observed his surroundings. "Might aswell I suppose. Maybe we'll find a way to get to the main part of the castle too that way." He walked to look at the smaller buildings, inspecting them just in case.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 128 posts
Mon 22 Jan 2018
at 14:21
A road through Moth
"I hope we do find another entrance. Or we might have to climb after all." Liliana said staring up at the second gate. "They took their fortifications seriously. Building such a castle here must have a cost a fortune. I wonder why they went through the trouble."

She walked about a bit looking at the courtyard then headed towards the large building on the left. "There might be a servant entrance inside." She said as she cast a look back at the others. Bracing herself for whatever might be inside she opened the door and prepared to search the building.
GM
 GM, 189 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 08:56
A road through Moth
The heavy wooden door opened to the dark hall of the building. The creaking of the door echoed ever so quietly in the silence. The windows let some light in the hall, though dimly so.
There were no signs of what had happened to the residents of the castle, not immediatelly anyway, and the place seemed to have been empty for awhile as the villagers had said.

As you took steps forward the hall, a faint sound travelled to your ears. Somewhere farther in the building someone was speaking. Or maybe singing. It was a feminine voice which sounded melancholic as it reverberated around.
Thothum Arha
 player, 104 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 24 Jan 2018
at 04:39
A road through Moth
Thothum had stayed quiet. It was his job to break things and to kill things and to make certain the boss stayed safe. If she didn't want him to break down the gate, then he wouldn't break down the gate. If she didn't want him to open doors first, then he would stay behind her. That was why Thothum was so good at his job, because he did what he was told to do. Still, he always kept his eyes and ears on alert for things the boss was too busy to notice. That was important. Sometimes the boss was too busy and so Thothum had to know what to do on his own. This didn't happen very often, of course, but he knew that if it did and he wasn't ready, the boss would probably yell at him, or make him miss a meal. He hated missing meals...
Esther
 player, 109 posts
Wed 24 Jan 2018
at 13:48
A road through Moth
Esther had followed Liliana. Her grip on tightened around her sword handle when she heard the distant echo. She tried to suppress chills that ran down her back and focused to adjust her eyes to darkness. "That must be the princess" she whispered as she took few quick steps past Liliana before stopping to wait for others.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:53, Fri 26 Jan 2018.

Kyle Silver
 player, 126 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 25 Jan 2018
at 22:28
A road through Moth
Kyle finds himself humming a melody for a second, then he goes silent, before the others notice...
I have heard that sound before, like a lullaby... but where?
He goes then and advance recklessly a few steps towards the room.
GM
 GM, 190 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 14:39
A road through Moth
Slowly you keep approaching the voice farther down the hallway. The walls are decorated with paintings, coat-of-arms and tapestry that you can't quite make up in the dimly lit hall. You pass several doors as you see an opening on your left; the room has no door, only a large archway, and multiple large windows that cast light in that section of the hall.

"How do you know if anything lasts, else than night and day..."

The voice singing was much clearer now, it had to be coming from that room. As you carefully approach the doorway, you see the back of an woman staring out of the windows at the end of the large dining hall. Her hair is long and blonde and she is wearing sumptuous looking black and wine red clothing. The clothing doesn't seem particularly noble like and seems more practical in comparison.

"What if I lose my face in the mist, like the night and day..."

As Liliana took an step, her foot hit an old metallic helmet that rattles very soundly, alerting the woman to your presence. The woman turns to look at your way, but her startled expression is soon swept away as he sees you. Her skin is pale as snow and her blue eyes almost shine in the dark. She can't be much more than twenty five of age by the look of it.
The woman smiles to you and crosses her arms. "My my. If it isn't visitors wandering at the castle. What brings the four of you here?" Her eyes locked onto Thothum, observing the hulking man that was barely able to walk straight in the hallway. "And in peculiar company like this."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 130 posts
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 16:26
A road through Moth
Liliana stifled a yelp at the sudden sound she had caused and froze where she stood in anticipation of whatever might follow. She didn't relax when the eerie looking woman spoke but still edged forward standing beside Esther. "Ah. Hi." She greeted the woman eloquently. "Sorry for startling you." Looking at her snow pale skin and bright blue eyes she wondered if they hadn't run into a ghost rather than a princess that needed saving. "I'm Liliana." There was a quiver in her voice and she almost had to force the words out. "We are running a couple of errands while looking into what happened here." She answered truthfully. "We weren't sure if there was anyone still... alive." the word 'alive' came out more as a question then a statement.
GM
 GM, 191 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 17:38
A road through Moth
"Charmed." The woman walked towards you until she was face to face with Liliana. She grabbed Liliana's hand and swiftly place it on her chest. "And yes, I am quite alive." Liliana could feel her heart beating strongly.
"My name is Bella. I'm sorry for not being able to receive you more properly, but as you see, this place is in sort of a disarray." Bella smiled softly as she motioned with her arm to the room behind her. The room wasn't particularly messy or anything, just a bit deserted by the looks of it.
Esther
 player, 110 posts
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 18:10
A road through Moth
Loud metallic crackle from the helmet had startled her. She watched in silence as the woman approached. Her right foot slowly dragged on the floor, widening her posture in
preparation for the worse.

She raised her eyebrows as situation didn't escalate the way she had assumed. "Villagers told us that this castle was abandoned. Whatcha doing here lady?" She inquired and
took slow steps forward, circling Bella while keeping her eyes locked into her.
GM
 GM, 192 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 21:44
A road through Moth
Bella followed Esther with her gaze. "I reside here for the time being. I feel much safer in the castle than out there." She turned to walk back to the windows while humming a tune.
Esther
 player, 111 posts
Thu 1 Feb 2018
at 19:50
A road through Moth
"Locals believe that this castle is dangerous." Esther replied and looked around the room before continuing. "What makes this place any safer than rest of the mist ridden town?"
GM
 GM, 193 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 1 Feb 2018
at 19:58
A road through Moth
"Lack of people. The castle might be all but safe, but at least this part is." Bella said as she stared outside into the slowly increasing rain.
Kyle Silver
 player, 127 posts
 King of Eden
Fri 2 Feb 2018
at 08:24
A road through Moth
"You are going to catch a cold, ma'am, you should get away from that window"
Kyle advices while he looks around the room, noticing that it does not seem to be any belongins of importance in there.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 131 posts
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 15:49
A road through Moth
A castle where all the inhabitants had mysteriously died wasn't the first place she would have gone to feel safe but with the outside being what they were, it might have been the best option. She gave a Kyle a look before turning her attention back to the strange woman. "You wouldn't mind if we enter the castle to fetch some belongings for one of the former residents? There are also something I'd like to look up in the castle archives."
Thothum Arha
 player, 105 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Sat 3 Feb 2018
at 17:07
A road through Moth
Thothum thought that the lady was very pretty, and that was why Thothum didn't trust her. Pretty ladies, he had been told, always wanted something from people, and that meant that he had to be cautious around them. Of course, the problem was that Thothum wasn't ever quite certain how that was supposed to work. None of the pretty ladies he'd ever known had ever tried to attack him, so he felt like they weren't too bad, but he wasn't supposed to trust them. Why wouldn't you trust someone who didn't attack you? That had never made sense to him, no matter how much Omirim had tried to get it into his head. But, Omirim had been a good boss, so Thothum kept up his distrust by making certain his axe and shield were never out of reach... which was easy to do since they were always in his hands.
GM
 GM, 194 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 4 Feb 2018
at 10:55
A road through Moth
"Be my guest, I don't think the owners will mind at this point. You might want to be careful though, the castle isn't quite what it used to be..."
As Bella finished her sentence, a loud cong of a bell echoed through the castle. Six times in total before the silence fell back into the stony halls. Bella looked at the air above you as she listened. "Careful indeed, lest you want to end up in an early grave."

Lars had finally arrived to the rest of you, mostly keeping quiet as she eyed the strange woman. "Something happened at the inner courtyard, sounded like someone was moving a large boulder across." He whispered nervously.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 132 posts
 To Buy:
 More Composure
Tue 6 Feb 2018
at 22:55
A road through Moth
"Be careful? That sounds like good advice." Liliana said feeling more than a little rattled by the bell.

"We'll try to avoid the courtyard." She glanced to Lars and back to Bella. "Are there any entrances from here to the castle proper and do you have any idea what we might expect in there? Is the castle haunted?" She clutched her hands in front of her not at all happy about the idea.
GM
 GM, 195 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 7 Feb 2018
at 16:32
A road through Moth
"Haunted?" Bella tried to suppress it but bursted out laughing instead. "I wouldn't say that, but I guess that might depend on what you mean by haunted.
There are multiple ways to the castle, most of them likely to be unknown to me. There is of course the main gate that is shut tightly, as you might have noticed. I think there might be a way through the kitchen area further down this building and there is a certain way through the cellars, though that has been barricaded.

I can't say for sure what might lie beyond these halls, I can only guess. They are likely to be unpleasant encounters, that's for sure."
Esther
 player, 112 posts
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 14:44
A road through Moth
Esther had released her attention from Bella once Liliana started questioning her. She took look around the room they were; trying to find any details
that could help her understand why the castle was abandoned. Her eyes locked into Lars when he arrived, giving barely noticeable puff of relief when she recognized him.

Heeding Lars' warning she lowered her tone. "Kitchen eh? How we know you are not leading us to a trap?" She asked from Bella.
GM
 GM, 196 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 20:02
A road through Moth
"Because I don't care, my dear. I don't care if you die or live, nor do I care if you are here to steal the castle's valuables or to save the count. As long as it doesn't bring me trouble, I. Don't. Care. If you don't want to trust my generous advice, you do not have to, though you can go totter elsewhere in that case." Bella's attitude had gone cold as she seemed to have taken insult from the words of distrust.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 133 posts
Mon 12 Feb 2018
at 11:59
A road through Moth
Liliana stepped a little closer to Bella. "Please excuse us if we are a little wary. These are trying times and we have already had a few unpleasant encounters." She said trying to placate the strange woman. "We do appropriate your advice. Any light is most welcome when you are lost in the dark."

She turned towards the others "Shall we go have a look in the kitchen?"

ooc: 12:56, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 84 using 1d100+35 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3) with rolls of 49.  Persuasion: sooth hurt feelings?

GM
 GM, 197 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 20:45
A road through Moth
"Couldn't hurt, I hope." Lars didn't want to offend the woman any further, even if he did share some concerns with Esther, and almost whispered his words. Lars walked past the doorway towards the supposed direction of the kitchen.

Bella seemed to mostly ignore the group as you started to move on.

You pass more than dozen doors and couple intersections before reaching what seems to be this building's kitchen. As Lars opens the door, an ungodly smell escapes the room. The smell of rot stinks stronger than a pig pen, and far worse too.
The kitchen was large, something you might expect for castle of this size, but the ceiling was somewhat lower compared to the halls, possibly making slightly difficult for Thothum to get around. The floor was also slightly lower compared to your position and there were few steps to walk down from the pedestal at the doorway. The ovens and most of the work stations were stationed in the middle of the room, dividing it to two pathways around the room. The source of the smell also was quite apparent, rotting food was left all around the place, some of it even being on the floor.
Esther
 player, 113 posts
Fri 16 Feb 2018
at 18:54
A road through Moth
Wishing she had a scarf or spare cloth on hand Esther covered her nose and took careful steps behind Lars. She remained
silent and determined to leave the stinking kitchen behind her as fast as she could.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 134 posts
Sun 18 Feb 2018
at 15:00
A road through Moth
Liliana balked as the smell hit her but after hesitating she pushed into the kitchen with the others. "I should have expected this. I doubt we’d find anything edible in here." She looked around the kitchen. "No bodies so far." She added thoughtfully. Not wanting to linger among the rotten food she headed towards the far end of the kitchen looking for a passageway onward into the castle proper.
GM
 GM, 198 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 09:23
A road through Moth
You walk through the kitchen, looking for the possible path to the inner castle. The buzzing of flies in the room is surprisingly audible and there must be quite a number of them around by the look and sound of it. After some time of looking around you spot a hatch under a potato sack that has fallen over it. It seems that it could be locked with a padlock from this side, but the lock itself is missing.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 135 posts
Thu 22 Feb 2018
at 15:35
A road through Moth
"Do you think this will lead to the castle?" She glanced at Esther before she bent down by the hatch and pulled the potato sack up and away while making soft noises of disgust. "Not quite the servant entrance I had imagined. maybe the cellars are connected." After removing the sack she grabbed hold of the hatch. While telling herself that there was just rats and rotten food down there she began pulling it open.
GM
 GM, 200 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 22 Feb 2018
at 20:20
A road through Moth
The hatch opens with a creak and reveals ladders leading down to darkness.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 136 posts
Tue 27 Feb 2018
at 15:23
A road through Moth
From beside the hatch Liliana peered down the opening. "Definitely a cellar of some sort, we should see where it leads... anybody want to go down first?" She brushed a hand through her hair and looked between the others. The idea of descending down there did not appeal to her at all and she was sure it was showing. Even so, she would find the strength to do so if required.
Esther
 player, 114 posts
Tue 27 Feb 2018
at 15:25
A road through Moth
Esther peered into darkness "We could send Thothum down first to see if he can even fit."
She turned her attention towards the kitchen clutter to find anything to be used as makeshift light source, or better yet; an actual lantern or candle.
Kyle Silver
 player, 129 posts
 King of Eden
Sat 3 Mar 2018
at 08:35
A road through Moth
While walking through the kitchen , Kyle finds an apple that does not seem to be rotten.
"Mmmph... Miss Liliana, you were apprehended for stealing some food right? I find ironic that now we are breaking and entering a kitchen, here, help yourself"
He tosses the fruit gently to her.
When Esther speaks about Thothum and the cellar, he replies.
"When I suggested that you could sneak through the fog you complained about me saving ma own ass, now I find the table has turned darling. Thothum, if you want, I can go first alright? I will take this one for the team."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 137 posts
Sat 3 Mar 2018
at 16:53
A road through Moth
Caught by surprise Liliana still managed to catch the fruit. Her expression quickly changed from surprise to disgust and she let the apple fall to the floor. Even if she had an appetite after entering the kitchen there was no way she was chancing a bite from anything in here no matter how unspoiled it looked. "Funny." She said dryly and gave Kyle a quick glare. "I'm sure Thothum don't mind if you make the climb." she said after a pause, unsure if Thothum would be looking to her for answers.

While Esther was looking through the kitchen clutter she did her own quick search looking for salt.
Esther
 player, 115 posts
Sat 3 Mar 2018
at 19:59
A road through Moth
"Sure, go ahead." She shrugged and waved her hand towards Kyle. "Thothum can enter after you, I don't want to be ahead of him if we encounter something scary inside that dark pit."
GM
 GM, 201 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 3 Mar 2018
at 21:16
A road through Moth
Thothum nodded to Liliana's suggestion.

The kitchen had some firewood and fire making tools, but nothing more sophisticated than that available for light was to be found.
Salt however was much easier to come by. A small container was stashed away in one of the cupboards, which made it safe to assume that it was in fine condition. Salt doesn't expire after all.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 138 posts
Tue 6 Mar 2018
at 19:17
A road through Moth
After examining the contents she took the small container and put it into her bag. Salt was a decent replacement for at least some of the protective amulets she had lost upon her imprisonment. Having a means to ward of ghosts and evil spirits was a small comfort.
Kyle Silver
 player, 132 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 21:09
A road through Moth
The Edeneer takes a deep breath and steps down the cellar. He holds a sneeze and tries to hold onto some spiderweb free wood, with little success.
What do we have here...
GM
 GM, 204 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 03:35
A road through Moth
The darkness of the cellar is overwhelming, you can hardly see anything beyond the spot that you are standing on. The kitchen itself wasn't well lit and offers very little in the way of light down here. The only wall in vicinity is the one the ladders are attached to.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 140 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 00:28
A road through Moth
A shadow fell over the light coming through the opening as Liliana leaned over the edge. "You doing okay?" Her voice was mixture of concern and surprise. "Not much light down there." Despite stating the obvious her words came out uncertain. "I'll look about for some light." She hadn't been looking for a source of light but seeing that Esther had been looking around and only produced tools for fire making there probably wasn't anything suitable here. Without waiting for Kyle to answer she headed out of the kitchen to explore some of the nearby rooms of the barracks for lamps or candles.

ooc: 01:28, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 97 using 1d100+20 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3) with rolls of 77. Search nearby for light sources.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:30, Tue 20 Mar 2018.

Esther
 player, 116 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 19:41
A road through Moth
Letting Liliana do the search outside the kitchen Esther picked up any tinder among the firewood and turned her attention to kitchen utensils and selected largest ladle she could find. She wrapped dry cloth around the tinder and ladle and tightened up the rag with a sturdy knot. She scowled at her makeshift torch and attempted to light it with her tools.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 141 posts
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 00:49
A road through Moth
Not long after leaving Liliana returned to the kitchen. "I found this." In her hands she held an old looking lantern. She headed over to Esther and put it down on a nearby table and began fiddling with it. "Try lighting it up, the more light the better." She gestured towards Esther and her torch.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:51, Wed 21 Mar 2018.

Esther
 player, 117 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2018
at 16:23
A road through Moth
Esther cursed quietly at her smoldering ladle which had failed to live up to her vision of perfect source
of light. She threw the ladle to floor and pressed her boot over it in anger as she made her way next to Liliana.

She stepped aside after lighting the lantern with utmost care, giving Liliana the honors of holding their only source of light. "It is best in your hands, I need mine on the blade if we have to defend ourselves."
Now satisfied she turned her attention towards dark pit that was the trapdoor to cellar "Are you still down there?" She asked.
Kyle Silver
 player, 134 posts
 King of Eden
Fri 23 Mar 2018
at 10:02
A road through Moth
"Eh, yeah, everything in order down here. No visible threats..."
Kyle starts walking waving his hands forward to prevent anything from hitting him. The training shackles make everything slower and harder to perform.
GM
 GM, 205 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 00:20
A road through Moth
Lars watched as what little he could see of Kyle disappeared into the darkness and sighed audibly. "You'll hurt yourself like that." As he said this, he started to descend down the stairs. "At least wait till we get some light down there."
Lars looked at Liliana. "I can carry the lantern, if you don't want to follow us down."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 142 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 13:41
A road through Moth
Still a little startled from her outburst she accepted the lantern from Esther.

"I'll come with." She told Lars. If she was too afraid to climb down into a cellar then she wouldn't get very far. Not considering the things she might have to do in the future. There was nothing to do put press forward while there was still sand pouring from the hourglass. She gave the lamp and the flame it held a considering look and after a quick glance towards Esther extended it down towards Lars. "But you hold on to this." It would be best if someone other than her kept the light. Just in case. Besides, she might need her hands free as well.

Once Lars made it down she followed after him down the latter. Before her head descended past the opening she looked towards Thothum. "Ah. It might be tight fit Thothum but see if you can get through."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:42, Sun 25 Mar 2018.

GM
 GM, 206 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 17:23
A road through Moth
With the light in Lars' hands you could see Kyle wandering couple meters ahead of you in the darkness. The cellar, or what ever this place was, was enormous by most standards. You could hardly see where the room ends, but there are at least two rows of pillars on each side of you.
Thothum did his best to try to get down with you, but was struggling to fit through the hatch for the time being.

Lars took a few steps forward as he examined your surroundings. "I've been to cells more inviting than this place. Hopefully this will lead somewhere." He kept his course, slowly trying to find anything that might get you to the inner parts of the castle.


A faint cracking sound suddenly echoes through the halls, coming from somewhere on your left.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 143 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 06:47
A road through Moth
The sound of her shriek was amplified by the cavernous room making it sound louder than it really was. She couldn't help herself, just knowing was completely different from beeing faced with the reality of it. Her shock filled gaze was fixed towards the right and her hands were clasped tightly together and pressed against her chest. Inadvertently she took a few steps back and swallowed heavily.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:48, Tue 27 Mar 2018.

Esther
 player, 118 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 17:38
A road through Moth
Esther followed others after Liliana to dark cellar, leaving Thothum to keep the tail. She made quick worried glance to kitchen; wondering if the overgrown man could fit into the cellar or worse get stuck and become obstacle for others...

She gently extended her free arm to stop Liliana from backing into her and slowly raised her blade towards darkness which cracking sounds were coming from. "We need to find another exit" She whispered to Liliana and others while giving flash of a thought that sounds might be coming from another entrance to the cellar. Idea of investigating the source of sudden echoes didn't encourage her a one bit. She gave defiant smirk towards the unknown and waited others to make a move.
GM
 GM, 207 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 21:47
A road through Moth
As Liliana screamed, the quietness ceased to exist. It felt like you were surrounded by a crowd as the sounds of steps and dragging of sort came from all around you. Very soon you saw a man appear from your right, walking into your lantern's light. He wasn't wearing anything and he looked like his body had decayed so that there were almost no skin left, mostly muscle and bone. His eyes were greyish and blurred, making it hard to see if he was looking at your or anything at all.
As soon as you saw him, he stopped in his trails. For few seconds he just stood there motionless, before making a raspy and violent inhaling sound. This sound soon multiplied as if it echoed from all around you.

Lars looks in slight shock at the thing before you and an inaudible word "Fuck" could be read from his lips as he prepares his weapon.


Ooc: It is time for combat as these creatures don't seem very friendly and are very unlikely to negotiate with you.
Kyle Silver
 player, 135 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 13:03
A road through Moth
"Oh shi-shi-shit!"
Kyle adopts his Sambo stance and looks rapidly to all the creatures.
what are these? they move like practice dummies, hopefully they will stand the same.
He proceeds to take down the closest one to Liliana by shoving his legs with a wide kick.
"Keep the torch up! Let the light guide us to victory!"
GM
 GM, 211 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 13:54
A road through Moth
The creature staggers from Kyle's attack, but is surprisingly resilient to being tripped over even in the shape that it is.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 144 posts
 Not at all a witch
Sun 1 Apr 2018
at 15:57
A road through Moth
"The dead walk the land." Liliana said forlornly. "There are so many." She sought comfort in the presence she could always feel in the back of her mind. Entering the castle with its barriers of stone, wood and earth might have been a mistake. At least she was not alone. There was some comfort in Esther standing behind her and Kyle bravely fending of the restless dead.

There were many dangers in the world she had to be wary off but the threat of immediate physical harm had a way of rearranging priorities. "Spirits of the dark, spirits of the wood and the mashes answer my call and for this price lend me strength." She kept her hands clasped together yet uttered a very non-christian prayer.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:58, Sun 01 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 212 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 1 Apr 2018
at 17:31
A road through Moth
The creature lurched towards Kyle, trying to sink its fingers to his skin. This attempt was easily shaken off, didn't seem like it was much of an opponent, but from the darkness rushed more of its kind to overwhelm you.

Lars took a swift step towards them, but took care to not leave you in the darkness, or worse, let the creatures hit the lantern. He cleaves the creature straight in to its chest, a strike that would take down most men, but the creature only staggers from the force of the attack and continues fighting.

Over a dozen of these creatures come to the light, fixing their attention to Kyle and Lars at first. What they lack in skill they make up in numbers as they try to get their hands on the two. Lars barely kept the creatures at bay, his clothes taking the worst of it.

Thothum didn't exactly know what was happening in the room below, but was still concerned of the sounds. He tried his best to fit through the hole, but didn't seem to be able.

Ooc: Kyle has been attacked with a roll of 209.
Esther
 player, 119 posts
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 08:27
A road through Moth
She spent precious flash of a moment holding her advance waiting for order to attack. Seeing others engaged she didn't hesitate any further and lunged herself at the flank of the horde.
GM
 GM, 213 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 08:41
A road through Moth
The creatures were severely wounded by the strikes, but they tenaciously just kept on coming. They clearly didn't feel any pain and the attacks only slowed them down a bit.

Ooc: Roll initiatives for the second round.
Kyle Silver
 player, 139 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 10:23
A road through Moth
Kyle dodges the several limbs coming his way, and drags their attention.
"I will hold'em, take care of them"
The more he stays close, the sharper his movements start to become.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 145 posts
 Not at all a witch
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 02:06
A road through Moth
What would she do if the unquiet dead came for her? Kyle and Lars kept out of their grasps but she doubted that she would fare as well. If she froze or fell they would get her. Once she was in their grasp she didn't think they would let go again. Her prayers had always been left unanswered. No the only way she had to protect herself from such evil was by borrowing their power. "Hear me you who dwell in the dark and envelop me in shadows. My space is your domain. Blade and fist. Fire and water. Even the light. Devour all that would trespass upon it." her clasped hands came apart and she traced a spiraling pattered in the air. It was probably just a trick of the flickering light but for one moment it might have appeared like the darkness moved in response as the hand the glided through it.

ooc: Spend 1 fatigue for +15 MA. Accumulate 50 Zeon towards Base Shield of Darkness and hold it

This message was last edited by the player at 02:06, Tue 03 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 215 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 18:26
A road through Moth
Lars had more urgent matters at hand than to question what Liliana was blabbering about. In fact, he barely noticed it as he kept cleaving the creatures trying to claw his flesh. Twice he drove his swords into the creatures while barely dodging their attacks, spilling their rotten blood and flesh around the room, but it was almost like futile effort as they kept closing in.

The creatures quickly started to spread around you, seeming to not care about any diversion attempts. Even Thothum was swarmed, while trying to struggle in the hole you all came through. He unfortunately was either stuck or unaware, or maybe both, of the creatures attacking him as he wasn't able to fend for himself. His shouts of pain clearly echoed in the mist of battle as they clawed deep wounds in his legs.

Ooc: The creatures attack everyone of you, but don't mind the rolls that you see in the dice roller. They are a bit higher than they should be. Here are the attack scores:
103 vs Liliana
102 vs Esther
104 vs Kyle

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 146 posts
 Not at all a witch
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 20:05
A road through Moth
One of the bodies reached for her causing her to stumble back only to knock into another. Part of her life force drained away as the bargain she had struck was completed. Countless thin streams of whisking darkness coiled around into a grand tapestry. Hands grasped for her and she could do nothing else but reflexively put her own hands up in defense. The flow of darkness changed, countless streams flowed up towards her hands where they joined into one pool of darkness warding her flesh.

ooc: cast base Shield of Darkness, takes effect at the intermediate level. -50 Zeon.

22:03, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 99 using 1d100+85 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3). Shield of Darkness against Flash Horde.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:06, Tue 03 Apr 2018.

Esther
 player, 120 posts
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 16:11
A road through Moth
Performing quick sidestep pass the creature's attack, Esther let her blade travel across the monster's lumbering carcass. The cut should've been deadly however the creature was not exactly something that Esther would call being alive either. She spun her blade free from the monster and prepared to keep fighting.
Kyle Silver
 player, 141 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 21:08
A road through Moth
Kyle manages to keep distance from the blows, and decided to attempt a humble chain of knees and elbows, that would have taken him out of any legal Eden field.
...Not enough, but I won't bite the dust today, gotta hit harder dammit!
He peers to Liliana to see how is she doing, and hardly finds her in the shadows of the cellar. No, no shadows, more like solid night over her...
GM
 GM, 216 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 13:11
A road through Moth
Esther's blade hits one of the creatures well enough to cut its torso and leg apart, it collapses to the ground and soon disappears among the rest of them. While it has become apparent that these creatures don't feel pain and don't particularly care about getting wounded, it does seem that they will break under massive amount of damage at least.

Ooc: Roll initiative for third round.
GM
 GM, 218 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 16:06
A road through Moth
"They just keep coming!" Lars said, frustrated at the ineffectiveness of his strikes. He kept swinging his sword into the creatures with little effect, worried that sooner or later they might overwhelm you as you grew more tired.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 147 posts
 Not at all a witch
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 18:10
A road through Moth
Out of immediate reach from those who would do her harm the darkness receded from her arms back into a network of gentle streams crisscrossing her body. "THOTHUM!" She called out responding to his cry of pain. "Just. Just stay up there!" It didn't seem like he would get through the hatch and he would only get further inured if he kept trying like that. What should she do? She was not a fighter by any means and the situation threatened to overwhelm her.

It felt rather futile to fight something that was clearly already dead. As Lars said they just kept coming. Recalling what Esther had said earlier she looked towards the right of the room well beyond the edge of the light. "The door!" With whispered pleas for power she moved between the decaying bodies in an attempt to reach the door.

ooc:
Active: Withdraw
Active: Move full movement(8) towards door unless interrupted.
Passive: Accumulate 20 Zeon at half MA.
Maintenance: -15 Zeon (Shield of Darkness)

20:05, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 5 using 1d100-20 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3).  Acrobatics: Safely withdraw.

Kyle Silver
 player, 143 posts
 King of Eden
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 08:58
A road through Moth
Kyle follows Liliana's shadowed figure with his head.
Where is she going now?... she better have a good idea, I'm gonna give her some cover
He keeps his defensive stance and begins to dash side to side, ready to counter.
"Keep fighting! I've played against morons with more guts than this bunch!"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 08:59, Fri 06 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 219 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 13:58
A road through Moth
The creatures were not going to let their prey run away so easily. They aggressively lunged towards Liliana in attempt to cut her retreat short.

Ooc: Attack of 151 vs Liliana.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 148 posts
 Not at all a witch
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 16:37
A road through Moth
Seeing them lunging for her she made a desperate motion with her hand and the streams of darkness flowed together at the places of impact in an attempt to ward  of anything that would touch her.

ooc: 18:28, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 126 using 1d100+85 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3).  Shield of Darkness vs Flash Horde.
Esther
 player, 121 posts
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 19:56
A road through Moth
After dispatching her opponent she moved to aid others. Without hesitation she dashed pass the creatures slashing her blade across multiple monsters at once.
GM
 GM, 221 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 20:32
A road through Moth
Another of the creatures fall, but it does little to slow them down. They keep attacking the lot of you with little regard for their own safety; thirsting for your death.

Lars still manages to keep the creatures off of him, trying his best to not get surrounded so he can have space to dodge their attacks.

Thothum keeps struggling against the creatures clawing at his legs, but seems to be unable to get himself out of the situation. He keeps kicking to try and shake them off, but this seems to not accomplish much as he gets more and more wounded.

Ooc: The creatures attack Esther and Kyle with the scores of:
144 vs Kyle
108 vs Esther

GM
 GM, 224 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 12:09
A road through Moth
You were able to keep the creatures contained for the time being, when suddenly they let an bone chilling roar and charged at you with vigour you had not seen them display before. It was almost like something had possessed them to act quicker than they should, making their movements look unnatural as they striked at you.
Lars barely manages to stay away from their grasp, or at least far away to get any real wounds, but has to exert himself to manage this. Thothum however, doesn't seem to be so lucky. His shouts of pain are abruptly silenced as the creatures seem to start losing interest in you and turning their attention his way.

Ooc: Attacks:
126 vs Kyle
169 vs Liliana
168 vs Esther

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:11, Sat 07 Apr 2018.

Kyle Silver
 player, 144 posts
 King of Eden
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 12:20
A road through Moth
Kyle roars of pain when he gets attacked twice, but the second time seems to have less effect.
Gotta go faster...
He quickly remove his ankle shackles. Moving freely now, he cleans a bit of blood from his mouth with his thumb.
"Eh, this is much better now. Oi! Big man! Get your shit together and swing that piece of junk you call an axe!"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:21, Sat 07 Apr 2018.

Esther
 player, 122 posts
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 12:48
A road through Moth
Unfazed by her enemies charge, Esther let a faint grin. With ease she dodged the attacks and bounced to new position to deliver sweet vengeance. Free from any pause her movements flowed into attack that slashed across the horde like reaper's scythe.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 149 posts
 Not at all a witch
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 13:22
A road through Moth
Their sudden display of vigor left her too stunned to react properly. She could still feel where one of those things had reached past the protective weave the dark dwelling spirits had spun about her. Thus proving it anything but impenetrable. A spike of fear pushed her into a frenzied attempt to ward of the coming onslaught.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:23, Sat 07 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 225 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 14:16
A road through Moth
The dead slowly start heading towards Thothum, seemingly not even caring of Esther's attack that managed to take down two of them.

Lars still kept his defences up, but was starting to look at the direction where Liliana had said the door was. There was no saying of how long the creatures would stay distracted and Lars didn't exactly want to try his luck more than he had. He was still recovering from the wounds given by the crows after all. "We should get the hell out of here while we still can."

Ooc: Liliana takes 37 damage from the attack.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:37, Sat 07 Apr 2018.

Kyle Silver
 player, 146 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 8 Apr 2018
at 23:54
A road through Moth
"Let's do this"
Kyle leaps forward like a hunting beast and performs a jumping dropkick against the same foe.
"We can give up! Or we can give'em hell!!"
He falls in a three point landing in front of the horde, knees still shaking from fear, pain and excitement.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:57, Sun 08 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 228 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 15:55
A road through Moth
A faint sound of bone cracking comes from one of the creatures as Kyle attacks it. The creature in question turns around to face Kyle, clearly disturbed by his actions. It is almost as if it was protecting their food source, which it seems that Thothum has turned into as their hands claw bits and pieces off of his legs.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 151 posts
 Not at all a witch
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 05:50
A road through Moth
Liliana let out a pained gasp as cold hands tore at her. It was mostly by luck that she managed to stumble out of their reach before any serious bodily harm was done. Without stopping to look behind her she ran away from the monsters as quickly as her feet could carry her. The edge of the light proved no barrier for her as she heedlessly ran past it into the darkness. With every step she could feel hands reaching at her from behind. Only when she was almost at the door did she look back to discover that the monsters were otherwise occupied and had not followed her. "THOTHUM!" She gasped in horror.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:06, Wed 11 Apr 2018.

Esther
 player, 123 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 14:34
A road through Moth
Seeing that the horde was more or less focused on Thothum which had become what she had feared, mass of meat that now blocked their only entrance to the dark cellar. She took few steps away from the ghoulish feast, keeping guard "Get your ass out of there Kyle!" She shouted before giving thought on their situation. There was no way of her to keep fighting alone against at least two dozen or so creatures. "Lars! lead the way I'll keep the rear."
GM
 GM, 229 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 15:11
A road through Moth
Lars looks at Kyle in confusion. He wasn't sure if it was bravery or stupidity that drove him to attack the creatures. Maybe it was both. He gave one serious glare at the mass or corpses before taking couple steps back. "We gotta move. Now."

The creature that had turned it's attention to Kyle after being assaulted by him, started to glow red. All of sudden his whole body bursted into flames, fire shooting out from every orifice it had. It wasn't able to move much before being turned to an collapsed corpse torch falling towards it's kind.
Lars didn't stay to look at the scene and had turned to running to the direction Liliana was heading, revealing a door on the far right of the room left ajar with his lantern.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:14, Wed 11 Apr 2018.

Kyle Silver
 player, 148 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 08:45
A road through Moth
Kyle stands frozen in place for a second
B-big guy... no, this cannot be, we didn't bring hell, this must be hell
He notices death approaches in the form of a burst of flames and steps back unconsciously. The creatures collapse and the edeneer now hears everyone and joins them sprinting.
"You are right guys, this is a tie, we gotta move, go! To the door!"
Among all the mayhem, a bitter thought comes to his mind. Thothum was not the perfect lineman after all...
GM
 GM, 232 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 18:27
A road through Moth
You slam the door open, and sprint inside the unknown halls of the castle. It was hard to tell which way, if any, lead to the main building or anywhere that would lead you out of the dark corridors. You start to slow down after awhile, not being in imminent danger. Or so it seems anyway. It would also likely be bad idea to run around, attracting nearby things by the noise. You wander the musty cellar, searching dozens of doors and branching paths for what feels like an hour. Every direction starts to feel the same and you hardly have idea of where you have come from.
Finally you find something different as you see stairs leading downwards, branching on your left. Lars extends his hand to light up the stairs. "Pitch black just like everywhere else. Can't even see the bottom." Lars is interrupted by a loud sound coming from the direction ahead of you, somewhere down the hallway you were walking towards before noticing the other path. It sounds like some kind of instrument with surprisingly booming echo (those who have heard organ music, can recognize it with a notice roll of 40).
Esther
 player, 124 posts
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 20:17
A road through Moth
Esther had mostly guarded their tail with clear expression of anxiety. While not shown any signs of true fear or despair she had vented her wrenched luck with several muffled curses of discomfort. She had kept quiet about their situation or what had happened in the encounter with strange horde. Only whispering questions to others if they had any serious wounds.

Seeing a new path down she stepped closer to entrance and whispered, mostly to herself. "You gotta be kidding, we are not going down th- Bloody shite!" She cursed loudly frightened by sudden boom of noise.
Biting her lip she retracted from the front, "We don't have other options do we?".
Kyle Silver
 player, 149 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 21:15
A road through Moth
The young man slows down when they think they are safe. His knees keeps trembling, Thothum's blood sprayed across his cape, that he tosses to the ground, keeping just his odd Eden clothes.
He hears Esther complains and nods but, suddenly he recognizes a sound.
An instrument that he had heard a couple of times in the Eden fields, to animate the crowd and celebrate the local's victory.
He unconsciously starts humming: "hmm-hm-hm-hm-hmmm-hmmm"
"...yep, is not the same melody, but is the one I know, we better go rather than waiting in the dark"
He checks on Liliana and the others to see how they are.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 153 posts
 Not at all a witch
 Untrained Communication
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 17:36
A road through Moth
When the door closed behind them the streams of darkness crisscrossing her body poured down her and dripped onto the floor where upon contact it rose as wisps of smoke and evaporated in the light of the lamp. She kept just ahead of Esther as they quickly moved through the enormous cellar. Her thoughts kept going back to the room. The horrifying creatures. The strange fire. Thothum. She couldn't help think it had been her fault. That she had brought Thothum here, that she could have done something.

She brushed off questions from Esther and Kyle with a simple statement that she was fine. At least she didn’t seem to be struggling with keeping up although her wounds, torn clothes and expression made for a miserable sight.

Upon reaching the stairway she joined Lars in peering down into the darkness, clearly not any happier than him about the prospects of descending further down underground. She almost jumped as the echoing music startled her. She crossed her hands in front of her as a reassurance. "Ah!?" Suddenly her expressions turned a little brighter and she made a noise of surprise. "The music we... yeah we should. Not really any option, no." She seemed to be going through an internal struggle. She began heading forward down the corridor towards the music with every step her stride turned more confident, almost eager.
GM
 GM, 233 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 21:42
A road through Moth
Lars wanted to say something, but he didn't enjoy the idea of going deeper into this place. All he could do was follow and hope that the music wasn't just leading you to a trap. Liliana came to a heavy metal door, one with lowerable portcullis on your side. Luckily it wasn't lowered now since there wasn't any mechanism to be seen on this side. As you opened the door, you came into a massive hall, almost like something that should be in a church. The tune was louder than ever, echoing the massive space.
Large stained glass windows, what must be at least twenty meters tall each, shined faint light into the room. Eight rows of pews all faced towards an ceremonial altar near the windows. Behind the altar was a large viking cross casting it's shadow upon you.

Above you could see pathways going around the walls of the room ten meters of so high, leading to other parts of the castle. There must be at least five floors above you, but there doesn't appear to be stairs or ladders to get up there from here and the pathways are covered with black metallic fences, making it impossible to get there even with a rope and hook.
It sounds like that the music originates from somewhere far above you, meaning that the one playing the organ is somewhere there too.

There were a total of 3 doors in this room. One on each side, like the one that you had entered through, and one larger and much more heavier looking double door. The door was tall enough to almost touch the pathway on the second floor and was decorated with colourful paintings. Next to this door stood something that looked like a statue at first, a large human like statue that was maybe twice as tall as Thothum , but it's movements revealed it to be alive. The thing's body looked like it was made of stone which colour had turned green over time. It's head was covered with a oxygenated bronze helmet, shaped into a skull. There was only one hole in it directly on the left eye socket. The helmet shaded it enough to not be able to see what actually was inside it. The thing seemed to be chained to the wall behind it with chains going from each limb and it's neck.
In front of it was a sword of some kind, made from odd black material that seemed to absorb any light cast to it. At it's hilt was a red gem that looked like a beastly eye, swirling in an uneasy manner.

Besides the strange chained creature, which seemed to only observe you for now, there was four other people in this very room. A knight and hooded person sitting at one of the pew on the other side of the room, a man kneeled behind the altar, rattling cages of some sort, and the last one looking at some sort of wall painting at the other side of the room also.

Ooc: As you might have noticed, there are couple links among the text as little additions and for reference. Also, as you can see, this post took a little longer than usual so don't be afraid to ask about the hall or anything else. I might have missed some details. There is (or rather will be very soon) a map in the game map section and linked to this one.

Map

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:22, Fri 13 Apr 2018.

Esther
 player, 125 posts
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 14:53
A road through Moth
After spending a short moment to scan the hall Esther forced her eyes of from the dark sword and started to take slow steps forward.
She turned her attention towards to other people in the hall and silently observed them to deduce if they were hostile like previous dwellers they had encountered.

She flung her scabbard to her hand and slowly sheathed her sword to show an act of peace. What a fuck I'm doing, she thought as she lowered her defenses. Stopping her advance roughly in the middle of the hall she quickly checked if others had followed her. Giving them confident smirk that only could've meant "I've got this". Turning her attention towards unknown individuals Esther remembered how well she had handled their meeting with Bella. With deep calming breath she braced herself and sought for an eye contact to spark a greeting.
Kyle Silver
 player, 150 posts
 King of Eden
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 19:26
A road through Moth
When entering the room, he first notices the group of people scattered around.
Oh, another party of adventurers I suppose. Just better prepared, equipped and organized for sure. I wonder, if they are here for the same reason, and, why no one from Felch told us about them?
"Esther" he calls under the noise of the organ. "Be cautious"
He tries to identify the source of the music as well.
GM
 GM, 234 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 19:36
A road through Moth
"SHUT THE HELL UP GEORGE!" The man kneeling next to the cages shouted just before throwing a fist sized rock at the metal bars above you. The music stopped abruptly as the rock clanged with the bars loudly and the room fell to silence. Some audible murmuring could be heard from where the music had come from, but no one came to view.
The man, maybe in his late thirties, is wearing a dark brown tricorn with a peacock feather on top of it and his hair is almost as dark as the hat. His downwards pointing moustache is as long as man's forearm, even if not nearly as thick. His garbs seem to have seen better days as they now are a big compilation of rags sown together, dirtied by darkish stains. He looks in your general direction once before kneeling back to fiddle with something.

The knight and his partner glanced at your group couple times, but just kept whispering to each other.
The knight's helmet (a pot great helmet to be more precise), seemed to have suffered a lot of damage, like it had corroded, so much so that it wasn't covering the mouth and neck area in the front at all anymore. His tabard is tattered, revealing chain mail under it. You couldn't see much from the other one, just their wine red hooded robe.

The last person seems to be completely ignoring your presence and seems to be studying the wall instead of merely observing it. The man has blonde, almost grey, hair. His clothes seem to be in better shape than the rest and more expensive too. He seems like a scholarly type with his satchel, book and blue longcoat.
Esther
 player, 126 posts
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 14:47
A road through Moth
Esther walked past rows of benches and let the pair whisper in their lonesome. She made sharp turn before the altar and pushed herself to upper platform where cages and waved at the shouting man.
"Ohoy there chap!" She greeted as she approached him. "There's lot of you here, mind if I ask a question or two?" Esther inquired. With her confidence returned she give the man a upbeat smile while resting her arms to her long scabbard that she flung in front of her like a makeshift cane.
GM
 GM, 235 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 15:57
A road through Moth
The cages before the man were empty except for one which was covered by a cloth, which could or could not be empty. The man kept cleaning them with his left arm, keeping his back turned towards you.
An distinct metallic click came from his direction as he turned to look you over his shoulder. "That depends. Who are you and why are you here?" He sounded to be on the edge and impatient, and he kept inspecting you carefully with his eyes.
Esther
 player, 127 posts
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 17:44
A road through Moth
"You can call me Esther." She greeted and gave a few short seconds of thought before continuing. "Me and my crew back there are just looking around, making our best to survive." She raised her thumb to point others who she believed to be somewhere far behind her. "We kinda landed into this mess by an accident." She admitted.

Esther paused for a moment before giving a frustrated sigh. "And what a mess we have found ourselves in, can you point us to direction which we can find some answers to this madness?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 154 posts
 Not at all a witch
 Untrained Communication
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 19:32
A road through Moth
After entering the room Liliana fell back and was halfway hiding behind Esther even as she followed the other woman up towards the altar. Despite the enormous cathedral they found themselves in with the strange people and a giant ominous creature chained up her eyes only briefly wandered across each of them. Her gaze quickly fixed on the cages by the man they were approaching. Still on edge she was content to let Esther take the lead.
GM
 GM, 236 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 19:44
A road through Moth
The man's eyes shift past you. "Talk to the fancy lad over there. Can't promise that you'll find any answers you want or like, but it is what it is. He's a giant prick..." "And you are demented, my friend." The man said in midst of his studies, obviously having heard your talk which echoed quite easily. "...but, he worked for the lord here."

"Before you go, you see this wolf right here?" The man grabbed the cloth covering the cage and dragged it aside.
Esther
 player, 128 posts
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 20:04
A road through Moth
She stared at the cage for brief moment. "You got quite a special wolf there." Esther commented with hint of sarcasm in her words. "Yes, I see it." She added after short pause. "What about it?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 155 posts
 Not at all a witch
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 20:21
A road through Moth
Liliana didn't say anything and just glared at the man from behind Esther while tightly gripping her skirt with one hand. When Esther spoke her attention briefly turned towards her and she gave her a strange look.
GM
 GM, 237 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 20:28
A road through Moth
The man quickly got up and shouted. "I told you! I told you I wasn't seeing things! The bloody creature is..." "Quit raving Dragos, your voice is like nails across a chalk board at this point." The man clad in blue longcoat interrupted with a tired tone. The other man, apparently called Dragos, let out a loud "Humph." as he turned his attention back to Esther, this time turning to her direction. He kept his right arm against his chest and apparently was hiding a matchlock pistol under his rags and left arm pit. "He can't see it, but I can. I definitely can. It ain't no ordinary wolf, I don't know exactly what it is."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 156 posts
 Not at all a witch
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 11:49
A road through Moth
"...well." Liliana piped up from behind Esther. "If Esther says there is a wolf there then there is a wolf there. The dead, the cursed and the twisted all now walk this land. A wolf out of the ordinary wouldn't be the strangest of things." She did her best to control her voice as to not sound like she wanted to stab the man's eyes out. "If I may ask... how did you capture such a beast and what will you do with it now?"
Kyle Silver
 player, 151 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 14:50
A road through Moth
Kyle follows the whole conversation about cages and wolves, and decides to get comfortable. He sits on one onfthe benches, equips his ankle weights and places his feet on the back of the next bench, then interrupts, looking at the organ:
"So, how will you call him?"
As response for the silence, he insists:
"...the wolf, how will you call him?"
He looks at Esther and rise his shoulders.
GM
 GM, 238 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 15:56
A road through Moth
"True that." Dragos agreed to Liliana's point about the strange events that had lately arisen. "I haven't figured that part out yet, nay. I have set up some traps around for different purposes and this one happened to walk in to some poisoned caltrops I had laid around. I don't know how edible the creature would be, seems like the kind of thing that turns your guts inside out. As food or roaming really. Might skin it for the pelt if nothing else, rather that than have another dangerous thing roaming around."

Dragos turned to see who was speaking, and gave a morose expression to Kyle. "What do you mean? It's not a pet or anything, doesn't need a name. Doesn't need to be called anything other than nuisance."

Meanwhile Lars had been circling the room, not partaking in the conversation but rather observing the other strange creature a bit closer.
Esther
 player, 129 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 17:21
A road through Moth
She stared the strange wolf. "I'm no ghost expert but you sure caught it... With poison?..."
Esther monologued and raised her eyes back to Dragos and the other man who talked to them. "You lot are not same group?" She asked and waved her hand across the hall. "And quite a place you have chosen to stay in. We had to cut our way through monsters just to get here." She raised her eyebrows; questioning safety of the hall.
GM
 GM, 239 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 18:37
A road through Moth
Shaking his head, Dragos extended his pistol to give the wolf a poke. "It's not a ghost. I couldn't touch it if it was, could I now? Besides, I'm the one who dragged it in here in the first place, didn't just magically appear inside this darn cage!"

"We are not. A group would suggest some kind of organization and intent to work together, unless you were talking about us as a group in a loose form which we technically are." The scholar answered to Esther in Dragos' stead.
The knight opened his mouth for the first time for you to clearly hear him. "Our goals are mostly similar, but we have been working separately outside this room. So far this is the only real place where we have been able to take sanctum." His voice sounds fairly soft, but he is definitely a man maybe in his twenties or thirties.
"Sir Constantines isn't too far off. Those vile creatures have so far avoided this place and there are decent amount of supplies to work with. Not an ideal stronghold, but it was never intended to be one in the first place. In the worst case scenario we'll just be dead anyways so it hardly matters how good of a defensive position this is." The scholar closed his book and walked to you. His face is clean shaven and his chin length hair is put like he was taking part of a formal court meeting. He seems to be the oldest of this assortment of strangers, but seems to have very few signs of aging, making it hard to say how old he actually is.
Esther
 player, 130 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 14:41
A road through Moth
She examined the hall in detail while listening the scholar, nodding to his explanation.

"Your goals? You are here by your free will right?" She acknowledged and turned her full attention from the wolf towards the scholar. "We got only vague information from villagers about the castle and what had happened, could you tell us more? And if you don't mind, I'm curious to know what you are after."
GM
 GM, 240 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 16:30
A road through Moth
"Free will." The scholar said in preoccupied manner. "Is it of our free will if we don't want to risk our lives leaving the place? Is it of our free will if the outside is demonstrably worse off? In some sense, maybe we are here of our free will. But that's like saying that a prisoner which is staying with his captors is there out of his free will when the captors have said that they'll shoot at him if he tries to escape." He walked around next to the windows, watching the outside while talking.
After reaching the one farthest of you, he stopped and turned back towards you.
"I haven't tried to leave this castle, I think I'll be safer here until this thing gets sorted out. Which hopefully does happen. I haven't kept too close of a record of when this all started. It was a very ordinary evening within the castle, I had been trying to find few records from the castle's library for a visitor. Suddenly, all the lights went out. It was certainly strange since I didn't think there was any window open, but I didn't linger on it for too long and went to fetch a lantern for myself. It was then when I heard the most peculiar noise coming from somewhere below me. The castle has quite a few underground chambers, but no noise should be able to reach through the floor like it did. I didn't know what it was back then and I hardly know now. The situation quickly became stranger by every minute as the whole building fell to chaos with people screaming and shouting all around. The castle was filled with monsters from worst nightmares within moments, and the people living here became their prey so fast that I am not aware of anyone managing to escape. There are couple people who survived, mainly me and Lord Rugesn's butler, but mostly people have turned in her due to circumstances."
With slow steps he approached you once again. "What ever caused all this, likely got it's origin from here. The village has been relatively safe from what I have heard, but that's not saying much. To be honest, I don't expect the village to exist in the same form too long from now."
"What do you mean by that?" Dragos asked.
"I can't claim to be sure, but it would seem like the fourth being has awaken."

There was a moment of silence after the scholar's odd reveal, which was only broken when he chose to speak again. "As for what we are after... Survival. No one wants to be here, yet we are. People like Dragos and Sir Constantines here have taken as their task to end this, to rid this place of these foul creatures. And from what I have gathered, that is the place where we need to get to." The scholar pointed his index finger at the large door next to the intimidating creature.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 157 posts
 Not at all a witch
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 17:48
A road through Moth
With a sense of dread washing over her Liliana inspected the cages and turn around to look at the other people gathered there while the scholar spoke. None of the others had said anything about her yet caught up in the middle of everything as they were. She was keenly aware that there was only one person in the cathedral she could trust now, the others might well turn on her. Hearing the scholar describe how this had all started was horrifying, but interesting. However the how or why nor if it could be put to an end was  her first priority.

"Four awakened beings?" She asked sounding distant. "We met a centipede abomination in the swamp that spoke of a 'great one'. It was collecting human remains as an offering."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:51, Tue 17 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 241 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 18:57
A road through Moth
The scholar just stood there, stunned. "You... talked to one of them? And you live to tell about it... Most intriguing." After taking couple seconds to think, he nodded in confirming manner. "Yes, that might be one of them. I can't exactly say what these beings are, only that they are some sort of catalysts to all of this. What is most certainly clear, is that these things. Need. To. Die."
Kyle Silver
 player, 152 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 13:55
A road through Moth
"Alright, that is all just wonderful"
He stands up from the bench and takes a few steps stretching his arms.
"But we did not come here to kill nothing, nor get killed. We are looking for some belongings so we can earn some coin and leave this damned village. And in gratitude for the conversation, here's an advice: do not go to the kitchen"
He starts walking along the wall, looking for the nearest door.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 158 posts
 Not at all a witch
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 17:35
A road through Moth
"I'm sure you know of Gundir? Lord Rugsen's former protector.” She told the scholar. "He offered payment for the return of his sword and shield from his room here in the castle."

Liliana looked up towards where the music had come from earlier. "I was told the archives would be near here." She fished up the black envelope from her bag and stepping closer to him holding it out for him to look at. "I'm not sure how much it matters now but perhaps you recognize this symbol? I recovered this letter from a wagon in the swamp."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:50, Wed 18 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 242 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 19:06
A road through Moth
Dragos bursts out laughing after Kyle's statement. "You think you are getting out of here you wee little man? Think you'll fare better than the dozens of others that have tried? Hah hah haa!" He wiped couple tears of joy before settling down. "Do try, but you can't say that you weren't warned. I tried to do that myself too, didn't go too well but I'm still in one piece and an inch smarter about it. Can't say same for poor Thomas, but if someone has to die I'd rather it not to be me."

"Gundir?" The scholar raised his left eyebrow. "I almost had wondered what happened to that brute, if I really had cared that much." There was a hint of odium in his voice as he talked about Gundir, but he seemed to try to tone it down. "It might prove difficult to fetch his possessions, his quarters are near Lord Rugesn's and that area hasn't been too kind to those who have wandered there. I believe our more noble company here lost someone in their group around that direction." He hinted towards the knight and his company.

The scholar leaned over closer to inspect the letter. "I have. I don't remember the association, but I have seen it in the archives I believe. The name however, that's a bit more familiar. Gelfalsch, I believe we had a visitor by that name not too long ago. I can't tell you much more about it without reading the actual letter though."

Lars had walked up to the knight in the meantime. Apparently he was asking them about supplies or something along those line, but it was not that easy to tell from where you were.
Esther
 player, 131 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 16:18
A road through Moth
Esther seated herself to edge of the platform and stared towards the chained being on other side of the hall while listening conversation before she inserted her next question. "You said that the village would not last in it's current form for long. Do you think the monsters would attack it?" Her fingers nervously tapped on her sword's pommel before she raised her finger towards the huge prisoner. "And what is that?!"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 159 posts
 Not at all a witch
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 00:59
A road through Moth
"I have enough bad luck without opening others mail." Liliana muttered. "Thank you mister. Maybe I'll try searching the archive. I thought the letter could be send on once the fog lifted but... well." She stepped up behind Esther and looked towards the creature at the other end of the room. "It sounds like we might not have that long."

Edit
ooc: 03:01, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 94 using 1d100+75 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3).  Magic Appraisal: Giant Creature and sword.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:03, Fri 20 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 244 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 15:07
A road through Moth
"Maybe. I can't tell for sure, but it is kind of a miracle that it hasn't been attacked in more obvious manner so far." The scholar answered to Esther. "And that thing, it used to be a statue built against the wall. I don't know what happened to it, but I advise against provoking it. There's still blood marks on the floor from the last brave soul who decided to try "vanquish this evil" or something along those lines. It's purpose seems to be guarding that passage, but I haven't got anyone to confirm that hypothesis."

The scholar walked back to the wall he had initially been inspecting and talked in clear loud voice for all of you to hear. "And all of these things I have been talking about are not just educated guesses. These walls have slowly revealed paintings of the events unfolding, although there is still quite amount of interpretations and deducting to be had."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 161 posts
 Not at all a witch
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 11:14
A road through Moth
Liliana made noise of interest at what the scholar said but despite the mystery of the portraits she didn't make a motion to follow after him. Instead she walked towards the cages behind her and poked the covered one. "It's really there? I don't hear anything. How long do you think it will stay asleep?" She asked Dragos anxiously.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:15, Sat 21 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 245 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 01:46
A road through Moth
"An hour, two. Can't say for sure, never dosed a bugger like that before. I wouldn't go sticking your finger in there though. Might lose it if it wakes up." Dragos leaned to look in the wolf's direction before returning to his duties that he had been doing before your arrival. Building traps of various kinds.

Lars returned to the rest of you finally. "So, what's on your mind?" He asked, not pointing the question to anyone specific.
Kyle Silver
 player, 153 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 13:04
A road through Moth
Kyle stares at Dragos silently while he laughs.
Big dogs won't bite, just bark loudly. I've seen this kind bite the dust in the field but, this is no match, and clearly we are no team... yet.
He follows the conversation, intrigued by the nature of the whole castle. He sees Lars approaching, and replies:
"I say we stick to the plan. Look for the items, retrieve them and get the hell out of here. But, we go together, we stick together and we succeed together"
He bump his chest with the fist.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:05, Sun 22 Apr 2018.

GM
 GM, 247 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 17:44
A road through Moth
"Think we'll fare better than the rest here? This isn't exactly the most inviting place, but I suggest we'll rest here for today. I want a moment for my wounds to heal up and we might be able to convince those two to help us." Lars makes a subtle motion towards Sir Constantines and his company.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 162 posts
 Not at all a witch
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 19:22
A road through Moth
Ever since they arrived Liliana hadn't wandered far from Dragos and could be found sitting at one of the top right most benches staring emptily at one of the large windows. Her expression when Kyle spoke wasn't one of agreement. "Yes!" She quickly latches on to what Lars was saying.

"After what happened to Thothum you want to wander blindly into greater danger? We had hoped this place would be empty but for the restful dead and it's not. Lars should be resting with his wounds and I..." she hadn't gone unscathed either.

"We should stay here today and rest if the others will let us. Tomorrow maybe... but I'd feel better if we secured a way out before going forward. The path through the kitchen may be impassable now." She added darkly.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:47, Sun 22 Apr 2018.

Kyle Silver
 player, 155 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 09:48
A road through Moth
"Oi, no need for panic! I'm not jumping blindly into any shitte of some sorts, I'm just saying, we do not split. If you fancy camping and chatting all night long, be my guest, tomorrow we'll figure out what's going on!"
Before he retires to keep wandering around the organ pipes, he tells Liliana silently.
"I know what you did back there, in the shadows, nice one"
He nods and walks away.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 163 posts
 Not at all a witch
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 13:31
A road through Moth
"Oh. Okay. Thank you Kyle, let's stick together." Liliana said slightly abashed and seemed to settle down. Until his acknowledgement of what she had done had her go still and avoid looking directly at anyone. Despite telling her there was no need to panic his last quiet words put her one sharp movement away from doing just that.
Esther
 player, 132 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 18:32
A road through Moth
Taking on Lars' advice she hopped from platform and spoke to Sir Constantines. "You said that everyone here shares similiar goals." She stated as she made her way to seat in front of Constantines and his companion. "We might be able to help each other." She seated herself on back rest of the bench and continued making her point. "Me and Lars over there are decent with a blade, Liliana is one of those intellectual sorts and she has local knowledge about ghosts and stuff... and Kyle is... he can talk a lot." She pointed her thumb behind her and smiled while describing her company. "Oh, didn't introduce myself, you can call me Esther." She finished and extended her hand to give a shake.
GM
 GM, 248 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 20:35
A road through Moth
"Right. They said there was some sort of quarters behind that other door where people have been sleeping. It is supposed to be safe, at least somewhat, so we can rest either there or here. So, you know, I'm calling it a day." Lars headed towards the door, muttering something to himself about food.

Sir Constantines looked at Esther and slowly extended his hand to shook hers. "I am Kristopher Constantines, knight of the Heaven Order." His companion kept their gaze low, making it impossible to see what they looked like under the hood. Upon closer inspection, the wine red robes have odd looking discoloration. There are certain lines that distinguish darker and lighter parts as if the robes weren't dyed properly.
"And this is Amanda." Kristopher followed up to her silence. "We have been trying to clear this place out of these demons, but it has proven to be difficult so far. We will be heading back out there soon enough yet again, after gathering our strength. Then we maybe able to assist you."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 164 posts
 Was a witch all along!
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 07:59
A road through Moth
"I'll stay here. Rest well, Lars." Liliana answered Lars and remained seated where she was. Not feeling much like talking and getting to know the strangers tonight she just listen in on Esther's conversation with Constantines without adding anything. Dragos, the scholarly man, the knight and his companion wanted to kill the awakened beings and rid the castle of the demons infesting the castle thus banishing the evil that had taken root here. Not goals she had any objections with. If it was possible it was something she would like to see done although she had her own reasons for learning more about those who had awoken. Even so she feared what would happen should the Knight of the Heaven Order and the others learn that a witch had breached the sanctum of the cathedral. A very real fear as she had let her secrets slip away from her.

She lay down on the bench where she could keep an eye on Dragos. Her rest was made uncomfortable by the bare wooden bench she lay on and the fact that she was in a holy place, a place she was undoubtedly not welcome. While trying not to dwell on what had happened to Thothum or her many other worries she pretended to sleep. Her best cause of action was to wait until the others retired for the night and found their sleep.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:30, Wed 25 Apr 2018.

Esther
 player, 133 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 17:16
A road through Moth
Esther spent short moment remembering what Heaven Order exactly was. Alas, she only had faint understanding which she hid by nodding knowingly to him.
Regardless of her general ignorance, what she knew was enough to send sudden wave of fear to assault her composure. Her fists clenched in tension as her imagination conjured the worst possible stereotype of high and mighty knight of order and righteousness in front of her. "Yea... That is, great" She forced herself to reply. Trying not to draw too much attention she stood up and gave quick and awkward bow to him before turning her tail "Rest well sir knight, we all must prepare for what is ahead." She took slow steps away from the pair while biting her lip in regret, hoping not to cause a scene, or worse.
GM
 GM, 250 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 21:51
A road through Moth
The night creeped it's way into the halls as the light of the sun was replaced by the moonlight ever so slowly. Sir Constantines operated a wheel with chain around it, next to the door you had came from before the dark fell upon you. He, Amanda and Dragos soon after retired to the sleeping quarters, though Dragos only some time after the two and not before stashing away his equipment and covering the cages along them with cloths.
Only the scholar remained, still deciphering the walls before him in the candle light. Some odd muttering and foot steps could be heard coming from somewhere upstairs, but it was quiet otherwise.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 166 posts
 Was a witch all along!
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 16:36
A road through Moth
Now that darkness had fallen on the cathedral Liliana silently raised from the bench she had been laying on for hours. Despite appearances Liliana had not now been getting any sleep, she had forgone both rest and food waiting for this moment. Carefully she peeked across the back of the bench making sure nobody was watching in her direction. At the other end of the room the scholar was annoyingly still awake and studying by the candle light. He certainly had to sleep sometime but she didn't feel like she could wait any longer. Who knew what Lars or the others were talking about with Constantine the Knight of the Heaven Order now that they were alone in a different room?

She had learned some important lessons today, one of which she made us of now. She was certain she could see the scholar a lot better than he could see her. Keeping low she made her way up to the podium and towards the cages. While being wary of noise that might reverberate through the room she began removing the cloth covering the occupied cage.

ooc: 18:26, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled a fumble of -6 using 1d100-20 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3) ((14)).
GM
 GM, 251 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 17:32
A road through Moth
Being stealthy wasn't exactly Liliana's best strengths, but maybe she was better at sneaking around than she had thought. At least the scholar hadn't turned his attention towards you so far.
As Liliana removed the cloth from the cage, she saw a familiar sight. Though this time it wasn't a sleeping wolf but a beast that looked fairly anxious being locked in a cage.

The room with the sleeping quarters wasn't anything special. It seemed like a fair sized storage room that connected to elsewhere in the castle by yet another door. Bunch of makeshift beds had been made on top of an overturn shelf and it seemed like Dragos had taken the spot by the wall corner. There was one very narrow and tall window which was the only sight to the outside and next to it was a hastily done cooking spot.
Sir Constantines and Amanda seemed to have bedrolls on the other end of the room and there was someone already sleeping in the same spot.
There was definitely more beds than there was people around, so you don't at least have to sleep on the cold stone floor.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 167 posts
 Was a witch all along!
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 12:48
A road through Moth
Without any apparent fear for the great beast within the cage she reached past the bars and petted it on the snout. Then while trying to make as little noise as possible she turned her attention to undoing the lock on the cage door and allowing it to swing open.

ooc: 13:55, Today: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 81 using 1d100+20 with the Role/Spacemaster system (fumble range of 1 to 3).  Search: Traps.
GM
 GM, 252 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 20:40
A road through Moth
The wolf like creature exited the cage and did couple circles around Liliana and the elevated area near the altar, examining the surroundings. Soon it settled down next to Liliana and looked up to her, waiting for what she was going to do next.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 168 posts
 Was a witch all along!
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 22:53
A road through Moth
Just as carefully as she had opened it she closed the door again and put the lock back on. Then she carefully covered it up with the cloth just as she had found it. With her heart beating rapidly she glanced towards the light at the other end of the room for signs that the scholar had noticed anything amiss. She put a finger on her lip followed by a short wave then made her way across the podium to the other side of the room. While nearly hugging the wall she moved down towards the door they had first entered into the large room intended to slip out unnoticed by the scholar at the opposite side of the room.

ooc: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 60 using 1d100-20. Stealth.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:55, Sun 29 Apr 2018.

Kyle Silver
 player, 157 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 13:43
A road through Moth
Kyle is ignoring all this action while he comfortably sleeps in one of the wooden pews
GM
 GM, 253 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 14:23
A road through Moth
The scholar didn't seem to notice you slipping past him and continued his research. There was a problem with going through the door that you had come from though. When Liliana opened it, she was greeted with sturdy metal bars of a lowered portcullis.  The wheel next to the door must be the mechanism used to raise and lower it.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 169 posts
 Was a witch all along!
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 19:45
A road through Moth
Finding her path blocked by metal bars was completely unexpected. She dumbfoundedly grabbed one of the bars and gave it a couple of tugs as if making sure they were real. She looked to the large wolf as if hoping it might hold some answer to her dilemma. With none forthcoming she turned her attention towards the wheel before glancing up towards the floors above.

She now dearly wished she had explored the interior of the castle earlier but she had not dared wander off. She knew the organ and the archive was above somewhere maybe accessible through the other door but she didn’t know if other parts of the castle could be reached from there.

Weighing her option she decided to try for the solution that was readily at hand. She didn’t know if she could move the portcullis at all but maybe she could manage to get it just high enough without making too much noise.

Liliana Van Der Aart rolled a fumble of -22 using 1d100-35. Feats of Strength.
Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 13 using 1d10+4. Strength.

GM
 GM, 254 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 20:35
A road through Moth
The portcullis wasn't too hard to lift with the mechanism, but it was certainly heavy and noisy. Slowly it kept rising, when Liliana heard a distinct "Ahem." from behind her. "Dare I ask, what do you think you are doing?" The scholar had walked quarter of the way towards Liliana, but still kept his distance.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 170 posts
 Was a witch all along!
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 22:47
A road through Moth
"Oh..." Liliana stared back at the scholar while holding on to the wheel. This wasn't good. There was going to be a commotion in the morning and she had hoped nobody would have noticed that she had been up and about. She gave the portcullis a look trying to judge how much more she had to lift it before she could get out. "I'm going outside. Bars are in the way." She said and gave the wheel another pull.
GM
 GM, 255 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 1 May 2018
at 15:58
A road through Moth
"Mmhm." The scholar sounded. "I don't know what you intend to do with that creature Mr. Dragos captured, but I certainly hope you aren't going to be trouble. Those bars are going to lower the moment you exit this hall, that I assure you of. The ghastly things lurking in this castle are much more active during the night, and I don't intend to trust my life on faith alone." The scholar stood still, not intervening with whatever Liliana was up to.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 171 posts
 Was a witch all along!
Tue 1 May 2018
at 16:36
A road through Moth
Liliana stopped pulling at the wheel but didn't let go of it. "How did you?" She asked sounding confused. From the interaction between the two earlier she had been certain Dragos could see the wolfish creature while the scholar could not.
GM
 GM, 256 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 1 May 2018
at 17:21
A road through Moth
"Notice you tampering with the cage? I saw you sneaking about in corner of my eye, but didn't bother to say anything. When I heard you pulling the gate however, I got slightly worried." The scholar approached Liliana slowly. "Now, would you be kind and decide if you are to stay or leave?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 172 posts
 Was a witch all along!
Tue 1 May 2018
at 19:16
A road through Moth
Tempering with the cage? Liliana frowned. He seemed eerily calm for someone who knew there was an invisible wolf stalking about in the room. Perhaps he hadn't actually seen her open the cage from the corner of his eye. Either way he wasn't running off to get help.

She fully realized that leaving the safety of the cathedral was a poor choice and it wasn't something she was eager to do. God knows what was roaming the halls in the night. Staying here however was also a poor choice. Dragos and Esther would know the wolf was no longer in the cage if the Scholar didn't already. In addition to what the others had seen in the cellar they would now know she was consorting with dark creatures. She didn't think Dragos would be easily persuaded to put aside his plans for slaughter and pelting. She didn't know much about the Heaven Order but she imagined witch-hunting wasn't a far departure from the demon hunting the knight and his companion was engaged in now.

"I'll leave." She said and slipped underneath the portcullis communicating with only a look that the wolf creature should follow. It was a large castle. Hopefully she could backtrack through the corridor and try one of the many doors they had passed. Hopefully she could find a storeroom or something to hole herself up in until dawn. And then she'd figure out the rest from there.
GM
 GM, 257 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 1 May 2018
at 21:05
A road through Moth
The portcullis lowered soon after Liliana had stepped out. "I'd pray for your safety miss, but I find that it helps nothing." The scholar's departing words before the door closed behind her and with it the last glimpse of light was gone.
GM
 GM, 258 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 1 May 2018
at 21:36
A road through Moth
The night passed uneventfully, though sleeping conditions had not been the best. But they were at least better than when you were travelling in the cage yourselves.
"IT'S GONE! THE DEVIL OF A CREATURE IS GONE!" Dragos' shouts echoed in the hall early in the morning. He pulled out his matchlock pistol and waved it around restlessly, trying to locate where the beast had gone. "BELROSE! DID YOU SEE WHERE IT WENT?!"
The scholar sighed in frustration. "Stop screeching will you? I swear banshees are less noisy than you. And no, I don't know what happened to it. Maybe it turned to dust and flew away."
Dragos blinked twice and started to search the room for tracks, still somewhat upset and startled by the wolf's sudden disappearance. Lars had come to look at the commotion from the door way, but soon returned to the other room after the situation seemed to be over. The smell of freshly cooked food escaped the sleeping quarters and into the large hall.

Ooc: Everyone gains a level up to the level 2. Possible modifiers to levels and such will start to affect more from now on, but for now I have decided to grant everyone a level up at the same time. Been a long time coming and it has been almost a year from the start of the campaign. Hopefully we'll be at level 3 at a bit faster pace, but we'll see how things go ^_^
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 173 posts
 Was a witch all along!
Tue 1 May 2018
at 21:49
A road through Moth
Liliana stared forlornly at closed door. "Yeah, it helps nothing."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:51, Tue 01 May 2018.

Kyle Silver
 player, 158 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 2 May 2018
at 12:22
A road through Moth
"Holy balls what's with the noise?! Is it legs day or som- wait what the... Oh I was  having a wonderful dream, none of you were there of course..."
Kyle stands up and stretches his limbs, letting some cracking noise out of his spine. He frowns at the cloudy exteriors through a window.
"It's like time is frozen in this place."
He goes then to check on the others and help with the breakfast.
Esther
 player, 134 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 14:39
A road through Moth
Esther who had woken few short moments before Dragos' commotion, she sat on her bunk and preyed on the food that was being made. Her still drowsy eyes turned towards the hall door for short moment before her hunger steered them back. "So it was a ghost after all" She mumbled to herself and dragged her sword closer to her.
GM
 GM, 259 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 2 May 2018
at 15:58
A road through Moth
The food was decent, consisting of soup made from various vegetables and herbs. Everyone wanting to get a serving was free to grab a plate and help themselves.
Sir Constantines went to operate the wheels in the hall and sleeping area before grabbing his sword and armour and leaving to somewhere through the door in the sleeping area.
Esther
 player, 135 posts
Thu 3 May 2018
at 19:02
A road through Moth
After taking her share of the food, Esther had retreated back to her bunk. She ate in silence and pondered her options. She had mixed feelings about working with Sir Constantines and when she saw him exit from the room she turned her attention to others. "Do we have choice?" She stated, giving her own answer to her question before asking it from her group. "Constantines seems to be capable enough. We could help ourselves by sticking near him. And in return it brings good karma doesn't it?" She asked.
GM
 GM, 261 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 3 May 2018
at 19:14
A road through Moth
"Well, either we work with him or we work alone. I will rather have someone who knows the castle and it's dangers than wander around, get lost and repeat yesterday's events." Lars said while staring out of the small window with food bowl in his hand. "Doesn't really matter which goal you want to pursue, whether it is getting out of the castle or finding that guy's stuffs or anything else. Strength in numbers and so on."
Kyle Silver
 player, 160 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 7 May 2018
at 13:56
A road through Moth
He jumps down form one of the seats.
"Exactly, that's what I've been trying to get in your heads these days..."
He stands in between both groups, opening his arms. Stares at Dragos for a second, then talks to the scholar.
"I bet you have no complains, the more the merrier. Now, you won't happen to have a map of the place, right Sir?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:43, Tue 08 May 2018.

GM
 GM, 263 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 8 May 2018
at 18:19
A road through Moth
"No, I don't have a habbit of carrying castle floorplans on me at all times. Not that I've ever seen one in the first place, nobody has real knowledge of how old this castle is, nor am I sure if anyone still alive has ever delved into the deepest parts of the castle." The scholar asnwered in what seems to be his generally annoyed manner.
Esther
 player, 136 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 20:05
A road through Moth
Esther let out a quiet, satisfied sigh and put aside her now empty bowl as she stood up. "We better get going while morning is still young. I'll go talk to Constantines and ask if he and his companion are ready." She turned her attention towards energetic Kyle; "Be a good boy and go ask Dragos if he wants to join to our little adventure. We might bump into the ghost doggy while wandering the castle halls today." She gave him a suggestion before stretching her arms and dusting off the last bits of morning fatigue.

She dragged her sword sling around her shoulder and walked after Constantines. She didn't like the idea to act as the face, but better her than Kyle or Liliana. Before proceeding through the door she turned towards others "Lars! could you tag along?" she requested. "We got all kinds of ghosts appearing and disappearing here, we can't be too careful can we?".
GM
 GM, 264 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 9 May 2018
at 06:07
A road through Moth
"Fine." Lars answered as he finished his dish. He didn't seem particularly interested in going after the knight, but didn't object to Esther's request.

The door leads you to another corridor, though this one isn't nearly as dark and fusty as the one you had arrived through. On your left there were open archways that lead to a large balcony outside. Unfortunately the sights weren't much to behold with the fog obscuring everything. You probably would not even see the ground below if you peeked over the railing.
Sir Constantines was tending to a small makeshift garden near a fountain. He glanced your way and gave you a nod.
Kyle Silver
 player, 162 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 9 May 2018
at 09:50
A road through Moth
"Alright, you be a fine lass and don't get hit by a low ceiling, wouldn't like to be carrying you around" He replies.

Then goes to check on the hunter. On the way he sets back his manacles.

"We ready to move, do you need any assistance big man?"
Esther
 player, 137 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 17:01
A road through Moth
Esther waved her hand and quickly looked around the garden before opening her mouth. "Are you and your companion rested and ready to move? What I gathered from yesterday we are fighting against time here; fate of the village and whatnot." She rested her back on the archway pillar and continued. "I'd hate to wait for long, but you are holding the cards here sir knight." She finished with more respecting tone, giving an indication to Constantines that she was ready to work by his rules and schedule.
GM
 GM, 265 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 9 May 2018
at 17:32
A road through Moth
With surly expression on his face, Dragos shook his head. "Nay, the blasted dog is gone. Nothing to be done about that." Still, he kept looking around the hall, paranoid of the wolf's presence.

"Sometimes we have to weigh our options." Sir Constantines said. "If we hastily move to save everyone, we might up end saving no one. Our lives, as unpleasant as it sounds, are more valuable than the lives at the village. If we fall, this whole place might fall."
After pouching couple vegetables and filling two flasks, he gets up and starts heading back inside. "We aren't moving today. We are still recovering from our last venture."
Esther
 player, 138 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 19:18
A road through Moth
She let Heaven Order knight leave, only giving an accepting nod to his reasoning.
Esther closed her eyes and let her mind wonder. "I'll stay here for a bit, seems like we are not advancing today unless others insist so." She stated to Lars.
"This is as good place as any to get back to my training. Best to make most out of our little halt eh?" She added before sitting down to stretch her limbs in preparation.
GM
 GM, 266 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 10 May 2018
at 07:30
A road through Moth
"I'll go lie down, my joints are still aching." Lars said as he left Esther alone to the balcony.
GM
 GM, 269 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 11 May 2018
at 13:41
A road through Moth
The day passed without much happening, even the other occupants weren't up to much and hardly bothered you. With the night came the same preparations as Sir Constantines lowered the portcullises and people went to sleep. Except for the scholar, who has been awake at all times so far.

As the sun rise and people tended to their morning rituals, Lars came to you while you were eating. "Has either of you noticed that Liliana isn't around? Granted, I was lying down most of the last day, but I don't recall seeing her yesterday either."
Esther
 player, 139 posts
Sat 12 May 2018
at 15:44
A road through Moth
Esther raised her head with slight hint of a worry. "Now when you say it, I didn't see her yesterday. Did anyone else saw her, or know her whereabouts?".
Kyle Silver
 player, 165 posts
 King of Eden
Mon 14 May 2018
at 12:57
A road through Moth
Kyle stands up energetically cracking his knuckles.
"Well this is it, our first duty as a team. Liliana might has lost her way back, we need to go out and find her as soon as possible, not because she is the most valuable of the group, but because she is the one that needs us the most!"
Points up to the sky and changes his face to a very determined look.
Esther
 player, 140 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 17:10
A road through Moth
After giving short thought she shook her head and sighed "I hate to say it, but going after her might be too late. Liliana has at least a day or two head start, if she wanted to leave she would be far off by now, or worse dead. We could take a look near this sanctuary but besides that, we shouldn't waste our time and more importantly; risk ourselves when we need to be ready when our knight friend is rested for our push forward."
After sharing her thoughts she finished her breakfast. "I'll go ask from others if they have seen her."
GM
 GM, 270 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 14 May 2018
at 17:47
A road through Moth
"Shit." Lars said quietly. "Well that's the least we can do. "If she has decided to wander somewhere far, there's no telling where she is by now. I'll grab the lantern and my sword, them I'm ready to look for her."
Without further ado, he went to gather his stuff and find a new candle for the lantern.
Esther
 player, 141 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 18:06
A road through Moth
Esther stood up and gathered her belongings after giving a lengthy stretch to her sore arms. "I'm ready when you are."
She headed out to main hall while Lars worked and looked for Dragos or the scholar in attempt to ask if they had seen Liliana in past days.
GM
 GM, 271 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 14 May 2018
at 18:37
A road through Moth
Dragos was nowhere to be seen, but the scholar was sitting on a small stool behind one of the pillars, facing towards the large door at the end of the hall.
Esther
 player, 142 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 18:46
A road through Moth
Esther waved her hand and approached the scholar. "Morning there! We never introduced each other when we arrived. You can call me Esther." She greeted him and continued directly to her question. "Have you seen Liliana? Companion from our group, we noticed that she has been missing for a while."
GM
 GM, 272 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 14 May 2018
at 18:59
A road through Moth
The scholar seemed to be preoccupied with his reading, not turning to look at Esther as he answered. "I have. Though it has been over a day by now. If you must know, she left during the night by the door you had come through in the first place."

Lars was surprised to hear that the scholar had actually seen her leave and wanted to say few selected words. He, however, didn't see much point in it and jogged to the door instead, heading back into the dark hallways.
Esther
 player, 143 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 19:07
A road through Moth
"You didn't tell..." Seeing Lars rushing out she cut her sentence short and bolted after him, mumbling long litany of curses while catching up to Lars.
Kyle Silver
 player, 166 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 15 May 2018
at 13:53
A road through Moth
"Oh this is just bloody fantastic. I propose an action plan and all I get is 'nonsense and negation'! Now Lars runs like a lannet's cornerback and everybody follows!"
He says while chasing his companions, adjusting his leather gloves and belts.
GM
 GM, 273 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 15 May 2018
at 15:12
A road through Moth
You enter back to the dark hallways. They are just as dark and unpleasant as you had remembered them to be. Lars peered forwards and glanced at the uninviting darkness next to you that the stairs led to. "Why'd you have to go wandering alone?" Lars talked to himself. "It would help if we knew what she went out to do. Do you think she would have gone exploring herself or try to leave the castle?"
Esther
 player, 144 posts
Tue 15 May 2018
at 15:58
A road through Moth
"She must've tried to escape." Esther spoke with grim undertone "I fear the worst. Unless the monsters we encountered in basement have eaten whole Thothum there is no way out the way we came from. She should be smart enough not to go down here alone, but people do crazy things when they panic." She reasoned and drew her sword in preparation to their trip to darkness.
Kyle Silver
 player, 167 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 16 May 2018
at 06:01
A road through Moth
Kyle was not a religious man, but as an athlete, he was seriously superstitious.
He spits to the floor, taps the heel of his boots twice and hold shid hands together for a second, praying to no one but himself.
For once, he keeps quiet, focused on his next match. Once again, survival.
GM
 GM, 275 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 17 May 2018
at 11:54
A road through Moth
You slowly start your search, going through the hallways and rooms. Lars is careful to not let out too much noise as he didn't fancy the idea of meeting more of the castle's other residents. After quarter of an hour you come to yet another door which is locked from the other side.

Lars let out an frustrated sigh. "Want to go all the way towards the kitchen? All of the doors so far have lead to nowhere or have been locked."
Kyle Silver
 player, 168 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 17 May 2018
at 13:24
A road through Moth
"If you don't have any ways of picking that lock, I can try to take it down, the hinges looks old and rusty"

He takes a couple of steps backs, crouches and holds a few fingers against the floor, ready to dart forward.
GM
 GM, 276 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 17 May 2018
at 17:54
A road through Moth
Lars looks at the door and the hall you had been going through. "If you insist. You'll be sore tomorrow if you want to break down every door we come across though." Lars then moved to the side to provide light.
GM
 GM, 279 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 18 May 2018
at 15:11
A road through Moth
Kyle rams the door and it's hinges bend. The door doesn't fall off from it's place, but the force seems to have been enough to reveal the locking bolt, making it easy enough to be opened from this side.

As you open the door you reveal a dusty room with windows to the outside. It seems to be some kind of a bedroom. On a closer inspection, you notice a old corpse of a woman sitting on a chair.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 175 posts
 The Witch of Crows
Sun 20 May 2018
at 12:58
A road through Moth
"What are you guys doing here?" Liliana asked from a little further down the hall, her head peeking out from a slightly ajar door.
Kyle Silver
 player, 172 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 20 May 2018
at 13:26
A road through Moth
"Liliana?..."
Kyle shows his head from the open door, then freezes for a moment and turns back to the sitting body.
"Milady, apologies..."
Starts closing the door very slowly.
Esther
 player, 145 posts
Sun 20 May 2018
at 13:43
A road through Moth
Esther quickly turned towards the familiar voice. "Oh! There you are." Her surprised smile turned into more serious frown as she made her way to Liliana. She passed her unsheathed sword to her left hand as she pulled the door open and patted her palm several times to Liliana's shoulder. "I thought you had attempted to escape, without telling us... You could've died, be eaten-"
She cut her rant short and rested her hand with sigh of relief. However she was not yet happy as she scowled at her; "Explain."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 176 posts
 The Witch of Crows
Mon 21 May 2018
at 03:55
A road through Moth
"Ah. Esther no!" When she realized what Esther was about to do she tried keeping the door shut but had little luck against the warrior. Liliana stumbled back from Esther's touch as if burned. In the process she tripped over her own legs and fell backwards on her bottom beside a large wolf like creature. Liliana had seen better days, she was a mess and hair just woken up.

She looked to the creature beside her and back to Esther. "Explaining... might take a while."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:56, Mon 21 May 2018.

Esther
 player, 146 posts
Mon 21 May 2018
at 12:53
A road through Moth
Startled Esther stared at the wolf for brief moment before relaxing her posture. She slowly sheathed her sword while keeping her eyes on Liliana and processing what had happened.
"So you set the puppy free... That explains something at least." She mumbled her thoughts aloud.

"Fine! I take you don't want to return back to the hall, and this place seems safe enough if you have spent last few days here. We are coming in!" She stated and proceeded to enter the room. She curiously looked around Liliana's hideout and attempted to find spot to sit on.
GM
 GM, 280 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 21 May 2018
at 16:18
A road through Moth
A crow sat on Liliana's right shoulder, it's wings spread and feathers puffed. It let out a short caw and leaned forward in threatening manner.

Lars came moment after Esther. He sighed out of relief as he saw Liliana. "Well, at least we didn't have to try scour you from among the dead things. You could at least have told someone that you didn't want be in our company anymore."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 177 posts
 Down the Rabbit Hole
Wed 23 May 2018
at 10:26
A road through Moth
"I'm sorry to have caused you worry." Liliana said a little surprised as she stood up again. She reached out to idly stroke the head of the large wolf like creature, a gesture that no doubt seemed odd for some.

"Staying in the cathedral wasn't safe for me nor did I feel it wise to announce my intentions. Well, you guys had better come in than. Close the door and try not to muss the salt. This place have been undisturbed the last few days." Liliana gestured down to a line of salt lying in front of the door. The room turned out to be some kind of living room, Liliana headed in and sat down on a couch that had been pushed into a corner.

"Nathaniel be a dear and introduce yourself."
GM
 GM, 281 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 23 May 2018
at 12:33
A road through Moth
Nathaniel gave a hesitant glance to Liliana before opening his mouth. "I am Nathaniel, pleasure to meet you." His voice was deep and a bit menacing. It wasn't everyday you would see an animal speak in human tongue, even if the animal was more monstrous looking.

Before speaking he had become visible to those unable to see him before, appearing as a black, maybe a bit demonic looking, wolf. Turquoise coloured smoke kept flowing out of it's eyes and mouth as he stared at you.

Lars instinctively took an step backwards, startled by his sudden appearance. "That's the thing Dragos had in his cage?"
Esther
 player, 147 posts
Wed 23 May 2018
at 20:00
A road through Moth
"The very same creature." Esther mumbled a reply to Lars' question and shifted her judging glare from the beast towards Liliana. "Could that be the same wolf that stalked us when we were being transported?" She asked, but without waiting an answer to her question she kept going. "And that crow on your shoulder? Some form of unnatural monster as well? Could you have controlled those crows that attacked us when we were looking after the cart? Unlikely, but not out of the question."
She let her inquisitive-yet playful smile dry out in exchange of indifferent and puzzled expression.
Kyle Silver
 player, 173 posts
 King of Eden
Fri 25 May 2018
at 07:08
A road through Moth
Kyle observes from a safe distance.
Liliana was definitely deceiving them, a fruit thief... Ha! The edeneer stares at the crow reluctantly, rememberin theirbpasts experiences with those birds.
He changes his expression into total shock when sees (and hears) the wolf speaking to them.
"Ok, time out! We better come out with a good idea, because if those guys on the other hall finds this, everyone and specially you are gonna be in deep shit"
He turns to the creature.
"Eerh... No offense. Nathaniel, that is a good name. I am Kyle Silver"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:14, Fri 25 May 2018.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 178 posts
 Down the Rabbit Hole
Sat 26 May 2018
at 13:54
A road through Moth
"That's why I left." Liliana answered Kyle from the couch with a tired voice. "I couldn't let Dragos slaughter and pelt Nathaniel but if they found out the truth I'd be in so much... deep shit as you say. I know you don't have much reason to trust me but I swear I had nothing to do with the crows in the forest. Odd" She gestured towards the bird on her shoulder apparently named Odd. "Is not one of them, I don't even think the crows in the forest were really crows at all just monsters imitating real ones."

"I believe Odd is the spirit or ghost of a real crow." She didn't sound entirely sure. "You recall there were no animals in the forest. The thing with the grasping tendrils we encountered might be responsible. Yes, Nathaniel has been following us, or rather me since I was imprisoned and he got a good look at it. He said it was a twisted creature with the body of a man and the head of a bird surrounded by those tendrils."

"Odd is the connection or liaison between a powerful being I made a deal with and me. Something is allowing or attracting these evil beings into our world corrupting it. I have to vanquish the corruption or... die trying."

"But if it isn't stopped then Felch will only be the beginning."
Esther
 player, 148 posts
Sat 26 May 2018
at 19:20
A road through Moth
"To be honest. I don't trust you... and I don't know what kind of game you play with these creatures." She noted and crossed her arms and looked at her animal friends. "I don't understand much what you mean about making deals or this corruption, but if you are to travel with us; Sir Constantiens and others might notice all this."
Esther rubbed her chin and wondered their options for short moment before continuing. "This knight who claims to be from Order of Heaven could be powerful ally if we travel with him. I hate to do so, but his help could save us from a lot of trouble. Especially since we only have two of us who can actually fight." She pointed at Lars before turning her attention back to Liliana. "Wolf can claw and bite, What this crow and deal with demons can do to help us?" She asked casually.
GM
 GM, 282 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 27 May 2018
at 00:54
A road through Moth
The crow had taken more relaxed pose on Liliana's shoulder as you kept calmly talking.

Lars took few steps towards Liliana, raising the lantern near her face and staring at her intensively. "You have some odd taste in company, that's for sure." He said, with little humour in his words. After his examination, he lowered the lantern and backed off.
"Constantines and what ever that girl's name was, they are heading deeper into the castle soon. Said that they need to recover for a bit before that. I don't know how they will react to your talking pup here, but if they didn't see it before, maybe it can stay with us. Hell, it has been stalking us all this time after all, surely it can keep doing that? We'll need to distract Dragos though, if he ends up being around then. He was gone this morning, so no telling where he is now..."

"You can speak to me directly instead of just talking to Liliana." Nathaniel said to Lars. "I'm not a pet dog."

Lars slightly winced from Nathaniel's words, still not used to a talking "animal". "Yeah. Right. I don't have a habit of talking to animals, or spirits, or whatever you are. Might take a while to get used to."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:06, Sun 27 May 2018.

Kyle Silver
 player, 174 posts
 King of Eden
Sun 27 May 2018
at 12:11
A road through Moth
Definitely, Esther had no idea of math at all, she was talking like this people that solves their problems by causing more trouble. Even in the dark times, a team must stay united, and Kyle was not going to betray no one no matter how "shadowy" the whole thing was becoming.

"Nathaniel, can you help us stay safe and get out of here in one piece? Then I have an idea, I can taunt Dragos, tell him to follow me, that I have found his... wolf, and loose him in the corridors."

Kyle awaits for an approval, as he ignores what the following part of his play would be.
GM
 GM, 283 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 27 May 2018
at 15:50
A road through Moth
"I'll keep Liliana safe." Nathaniel answered bluntly. "No matter where she goes."
Esther
 player, 149 posts
Sun 27 May 2018
at 16:15
A road through Moth
Esther looks at Kyle for a moment before smiling devilishly. "You propose to lead one of the few sane people remaining in this hellhole into danger and to his supposed death by monsters? Sounds like an extreme way to handle this, we could just confront him with the truth and see how he takes it in."
"Besides, we can let the puppy do the talking." She jokes and adjusts her position before sinking back to her thoughts.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 179 posts
 Down the Rabbit Hole
Mon 28 May 2018
at 12:43
A road through Moth
"I don't want anybody to get hurt." Liliana said panicky and held her hands up in a forestalling gesture. "But telling the truth is not a good idea. If you hadn't pushed your way in here we wouldn't be having this conversation. It might be different were you are from but mozzers aren't likely to react as nicely towards people like me that consorts with dark beings as you have." The inhabitants of Moth were a sensible people. "I ca-won't stop you from telling Dragos or the others but I don't want to be anywhere near when you do."

"The idea of keeping Nathaniel out of sight from Dragos has some merit and you shouldn’t be calling him a puppy. Nathaniel is old and wise. However the scholarly gentlemen saw me temper with the cages and leave. I'm sure he will have figured out my part in Nathaniel’s disappearance and while I don't know much about Dragos it would be best to assume he can put the pieces together as well."

"I don't know how much I can offer you, especially in the company of a Knight of the Heaven Order. He is as likely to strike me down as any of the monsters in this castle should he learn what I am. And as for the bargain I made..." Liliana scuffled uncomfortably before answering weakly "I don't know. Lume gave me her blessing and said it would be of aid in the struggle against them however she also said she was opposed by the wicked thing in the forest and what aid she could provide would be much limited until it is vanquished."
Esther
 player, 150 posts
Mon 28 May 2018
at 15:49
A road through Moth
"This is total bullshit!" Esther let out frustrated whining and clawed her hair violently. She glared at Liliana and hissed quietly as she exhaled and tried to calm down in vain. "I don't care what old pagan gods you serve, but if you are to help us then you better be ready to work with some fuckin' holy knights. If they don't like your demon friends then we murderize them, kapish?" She shook her finger to Liliana and exhaled again. Understanding that she had gone too far; Esther exhaled again and gave awkward smile to Liliana before standing up.
"Besides, it is us against the monsters. Only fool would refuse help from us." She added after recovering her composure.
GM
 GM, 284 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 29 May 2018
at 04:37
A road through Moth
"Calm yourself, dunce!" Lars snapped at Esther. "We are criminals. That fact alone should put us in bad position with Heaven Order. Now, I don't claim to know shit beyond their name, but I know enough that it's bad news to have them around in our position. We have to pull the same rope, else we'll all end up like Thothum, and I'm sure the others know this as well."

Lars took a moment to think, walking couple steps back and forth. "Say, how long have you been with Nathaniel?" He asked from Liliana.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 180 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Wed 30 May 2018
at 01:35
A road through Moth
Surprised by Esther's anger Liliana shrank back a little and shared a quick glance with Nathaniel before composing herself trying to keep up a strong front. She wasn't at all comfortable with neither the situation nor the way their talk was heading. For the longest time she had carefully guarded her secrets only ever admitting to practicing witchcraft to one other person.

"Oh. I first met Nathaniel several years ago but he has been by my side since I left my home for Dwanholf a couple of months ago." She answered Lars slowly. "Look. I am willing enough to work with Sir Constantines, to offer any and all aid I can against the horrors we face. I agree that working together might be our only chance to prevail and not... end up like Thothum but you must understand that I am weary. My crimes are such that if I am..." Liliana halted and shuddered gently before letting out a breath. "It doesn't matter." It wouldn't be the first dangerous decision she had made recently when faced with a desperate situation. When hope was slim you did all you could.

"I will come with you and I will do what you feel is best and if that is telling the others than so be it. I will do what I can but you must promise not to hurt anyone needlessly. You can't just murderize a man of the faith."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:38, Wed 30 May 2018.

GM
 GM, 285 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 31 May 2018
at 07:13
A road through Moth
"...I thought she was saying that we would murder your... you know what, nevermind." Lars brushed off his confusion about the situation, not wanting to cause any more complications between you.
"I'm sure we can convince them of mutually beneficial arrangement. We work together until this thing blows over and then we can part our ways, I think they can agree to that at least."
Esther
 player, 151 posts
Thu 31 May 2018
at 12:46
A road through Moth
Esther laughed graciously at Lars. "Don't worry, I didn't mean anything like that. I feel more comfortable to work with someone whom I have shared cage with." Her smile died out before she continued. "I don't know about you lot, but I see this as an opportunity to atone my sins. Of course my cage buddies come before such selfishness, so if you don't want to work with them; we don't... I just believe that we need to do so to survive. Strength in numbers and so on."
Kyle Silver
 player, 175 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 31 May 2018
at 13:20
A road through Moth
"I am no killer, but I will fight anyone who tries to harm us. We are not their enemies, so they must see getting out of this place a priority just like us. By the way, they may wonder where we are at this point."
He exits the room and checks the hall for possible visits.
GM
 GM, 286 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 31 May 2018
at 17:59
A road through Moth
"Phah." Lars reacted to Esther's comment about sins.

The hall was empty as ever when Kyle stepped to it. But it was hardly lit, so it was difficult to tell if someone was standing more than few meters away.

"So, wana get this over with now or later?" Lars asked.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 181 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Fri 1 Jun 2018
at 16:55
A road through Moth
It was a relief that her companions through these horror filled days weren't abandoning her completely. They might not entirely trust her and rightfully so but she was glad they were at least willing to try working together. In all honesty, give how dire their circumstances were she didn't know how much she could hope to achieve alone. Right now feeding herself would be a challenge, let alone vanquishing the evil that lay over the land.

"No use putting it off." Liliana said as she stood up. "How do you want to approach this? It might be best if we have an agreement from Dragos before he and Nathaniel meet again."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:56, Fri 01 June 2018.

GM
 GM, 287 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 2 Jun 2018
at 16:19
A road through Moth
Lars idly kicks the ground. "Up to you really. But, as I said, Dragos likely isn't there at the moment. Might have to ask others about that."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 182 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Sun 3 Jun 2018
at 11:23
A road through Moth
The hallways weren't exactly safe either Liliana mussed as she considered her options. "I suppose we should stick together. Try to look harmless if you are spotted." Liliana petted Nathaniel on the head. "It might be fortunate if Dragos isn't there. Perhaps if we speak with the scholarly gentleman he might help convince the others to work with us, if we can convince him of course." With some trepidation she headed out into the hallway.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:23, Sun 03 June 2018.

GM
 GM, 288 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 3 Jun 2018
at 14:04
A road through Moth
You walk back to the cathedral-like hall, where the scholar is still fixed on his seemingly never ending work. He looks over his shoulder as he hears you opening the door, but says nothing to greet you.

"I think it would be best for you to do the talking." Lars whispered to Liliana.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 183 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Mon 4 Jun 2018
at 10:03
A road through Moth
Liliana gave Lars a suffering look but headed towards the scholar gesturing for Nathaniel to follow. "Good morning to you, sir." She said stopping near him and brushed a hand through her unkempt hair. "Last we spoke you said that those of you seeking shelter here weren't working together as such but as Sir Constantine said you all have similar goals and we do as well. I'm sure we can all agree that these evil beings and their corruption must be stopped."

"I have some knowledge and abilities that might prove of aid in achieving that goal even if we don't work together directly. It is unsavory but given the direness of the situation... and that we might all be dead soon anyway..." She glanced back towards Esther and the rest of the group seeking reassurance.

"I have delved into dark arts. Witchcraft. Made bargains for power. You might have guessed that I released the creature Dragos had captured. I did because he is my... companion."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:05, Mon 04 June 2018.

GM
 GM, 289 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 4 Jun 2018
at 12:11
A road through Moth
"Is that so?" The scholar said indifferently. He turned to face Liliana and walked couple steps nearer to her. "It would be best that you do not practice your sorcery here. This place is the only known sanctuary in this castle and intend it to stay that way." The scholar looked past Liliana to the rest of you. "If this is what must be done to improve our odds, so be it. Just don't let it become a new problem amongst the multitude we already have."

"Dragos might throw a fit, but he'll get over it." He said as he turned to sit down on his stool.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 184 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Mon 4 Jun 2018
at 23:28
A road through Moth
It wasn't the first time the scholar's indifference had surprised her. She wondered if his resigned acceptance was a sign of the toll recent events must have taken. "I promise I won't, unless I am forced to defend myself." She kept herself from flinching. His words cut deeper then he could know. "Any more problems is the last thing we need now. I do not believe we have been properly introduced. My name is Liliana Van Der Aart."
GM
 GM, 290 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 4 Jun 2018
at 23:50
A road through Moth
"Belrose. Anthony Belrose." The scholar finally introduced himself. "That is a curious name you have, not one I'd imagine to originate from Moth. From Aart..."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 185 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 09:48
A road through Moth
"From the Earth I was always told. I hail from a line of farmers." Liliana answered Belrose. "I can't say for sure it originated in Moth. The stories become uncertain after my great-great-grandfather moved from a failing village along with many others and resettled. If the church records from that village survived they did not bring them along."

Stepping up beside Esther she looked around the great hall. "Should we go find Sir Constantines?" She asked hesitantly imagining this might not go over quite so well with the knight. "If you guys already have some rapport with him maybe you want to do the talking?"

This message was last edited by the player at 09:49, Tue 05 June 2018.

Esther
 player, 152 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 13:10
A road through Moth
"Sure, I can introduce you to him." She nodded. "However you should be the one giving the details. Unless you want to see me try and fail to explain why he should not burn us on a stake."

Taking quick look around the hall she started idly make her way towards sleeping quarters were she hoped to find Constantines "Do we have other dark secrets that could come back and bite us to ass while we are at it?" She asked with light smile on her face.
GM
 GM, 291 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 14:53
A road through Moth
"I wouldn't be surprised if there was." Lars said as he followed Esther to the room next door.

The sleeping quarters seemed to be vacant, no sight of Sir Constantines or his companion. Lars quickly glanced through the room before heading to the hallway leading to the balcony and luckily both of them were there at the moment.

Constantines wasn't wearing his helmet, as it was resting next to him. The knight seemed to be around thirty in age, but his unkempt brown hair and beard might be deceiving you on that guess. He nodded to you as he noticed you approaching, still in middle of sharpening his blade. "What bring the lot of you here?"
Esther
 player, 153 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 16:12
A road through Moth
Esther smiled and gave short wave before she took comfy lean against archway pillar. "Since we are to join forces; it is best to get to know each other little better don't you say?" She steered her eyes to rest of her group as she spoke. "As fair warning; my ragtag group here is more or less bunch of criminals, me included." She kept her tone casual and nonthreatening. "I let others to speak for themselves, especially Liliana there has something to say to you, but I'll start about me..." She added before pausing to gather composure to talk about herself. Her attention had returned back to Constantines. Her following sentence hanged on her lips few long seconds.

"I... I... Fuck, this is bloody too hard, so I don't bother." She gave up on her confession, which she clearly regretted as she gave quick glare on Liliana and others.

"My old man taught me how to fight... I ended up into worst kind of company against my will... slavery you see, and I was forced to kill lot of people." She explained quickly before her broken thoughts escaped from her. "Lucky for me, I was so good at it that I lived long enough to stand here." Her tone had shifted into more aggressive and incoherent as she kept revealing her past.
"I think that is enough for now, there is lot that I don't want to bring up. Like rest of us, I just want to help myself to stay alive and... I guess this is the right thing to do..." She fell quiet, regaining control over herself at the end. She stared pass Constantines with fire of beastly defiance that burned under her tormented eyes.
GM
 GM, 292 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 18:22
A road through Moth
Lars looked in slight surprise of Esther's sudden "confession". As she stopped talking, he turned to look at Constantines' baffled expression. "I have nothing to say." Lars said coldly with an exaggerated shrug.

"Haha ha... Haha haaha hahaha!" The girl started to laugh increasingly louder from under her hood. "They take you for a pastor now! HAHAHAHAHA!" Her irreverent laugh echoed through the area, having no sympathy for Esther.

Sir Constantines looked at his companion with a judging gaze, but didn't say anything to scold her.
Esther
 player, 154 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 18:40
A road through Moth
Stone floor crunched under Esther's boots as her stance turned towards the girl. Any distress she had felt had washed away by growing anger and embarrassment. Her seething eyes jerked and few words escaped past her fiendish grin. "Your turn, my little witch..."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 186 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 22:33
A road through Moth
It came as a shock when Esther suddenly began telling them about her past given how reluctant she had been to do so in the short time she had known her. Even more of a shock was the story she was telling, Esther had killed people? It was hard to grasp even if she knew Esther was a warrior of some description given how she now wielded that large strange sword.

She gaped at Esther but was soon shaken out of her thoughts. "Ah. Um. Yeah that's it." She said very eloquently trying to decide how she should say this, her previously ordered thoughts gone. She didn't know anything about the order the man served but the name and what he was doing here in large part spoke for themselves. Speaking about this with a knight of such an order gave her the same sickening feeling of shame deep in her stomach as when she imagined telling a priest.

Esther had told them some of her past. She felt she could do no less. Not that it was a horrible secret by any means, not given what Esther and the others already knew at any rate. Ignoring the hooded woman she began speaking. "One by one my father and brother fell victim to the Sleeping Sickness that has swept through Moth. In my desperation I turned towards the dark art of witchcraft for a solution."

"Esther thought telling you was our best option." There was the clear sense that she did not necessarily agree. "Our best chance to vanquish the evil beings that are corrupting our world and save the town is to work together. Unsavory as it might be I have a little knowledge and abilities that might be of aid against the horrors we face."
GM
 GM, 293 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 20:07
A road through Moth
The girl, or Amanda for those who still remembered her name, raised her gaze just enough that she could see Liliana when she spoke. Her pearl white teeth almost glimmered in the faint light as she grinned for some reason.

Constantines sat there with a stern look on his face. He didn't immediately say anything to these revelations.
"You have shown courage talking about these things openly. While I am gratefully for you telling me this, part of me thinks it would have been better if I had not known. Still... you are correct. At times like these it is better to stick together."

Sir Constantines got up and sheathed his sword. "As long as you use your power for and skills for good, I have no quarrel with you. We are prepared to journey deeper into the castle today or tomorrow, which ever fits you better."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 187 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 22:15
A road through Moth
"Tomorrow would be better." A haggard looking Liliana answered. She glanced towards Amanda and briefly met her eyes before breaking away.

"I do apologize for burdening you." She continued, sounding genuinely ashamed. "There was little choice as I intend to do what I can to help and I would rather that it didn't come as a surprise." She sighed. "There is something else but don't be afraid. The 'wolf' that Dragos captured is my companion so I released him in secret and ran away until the others came and found me. It was a surprise that he had ran into a trap while we were separated. I will speak with Dragos, I hope to reach an understanding with him."
GM
 GM, 294 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 17:04
A road through Moth
"I hope you do." Constantines simply replied.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 188 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 17:38
A road through Moth
Liliana gave Constantines a nod, then she turned around and promptly fled from the balcony back into castle.
Esther
 player, 155 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 19:08
A road through Moth
Esther bit her lip; knowing that escalating the situation that had turned out better than anticipated would be foolish. "Bah! We advance tomorrow then!" She announced and waved her hand as she started to make her way into the main hall. She swung her weapon from her shoulder in preparation as she made her way to far edge of the hall. She didn't like the idea to continue her studies in the main hall, however while Constantines and Amanda occupied the garden she was left with little alternatives.

She folded into relaxed pose and rested her sheathed blade onto her legs and closed her eyes. Esther spent several minutes calming her mind down before taking action. After stretching she begun experimenting with fighting stances which seemed like endless cycle of deliberately slow repetition.
GM
 GM, 295 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 12:51
A road through Moth
As the sun was setting, right main hall door opened and slammed shut as Dragos set his foot in. He muttered something to himself and walked towards his cages and traps, not taking time to look who was around.

"Belrose! Where'd you keep the darn pikes and sticks in the castle? I'd like to borrow couple of 'em." Dragos shouted over his shoulder.

Belrose gently sighed. "In the guard house perhaps? If not, then try whittle some yourself."

"Har har har." Dragos laughed sarcastically.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 189 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 16:23
A road through Moth
"Mister Dragos." As soon as she had seen that the hunter had returned to the sanctuary she began making her way towards him. On the way she gathered her courage and fanned the anger she felt towards him for poisoning and caging Nathaniel. "The wolf you captured is my companion. You can't skin him."
GM
 GM, 296 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 17:45
A road through Moth
"Hmm?" Dragos turned towards Liliana as he heard his name being called. He was dumbstruck with Liliana's next words however, staring at her in confusion.

"Your companion? The wolf?" It was like cogs were turning in his heads as he pieced everything together, but when the piercing glare hit Liliana, it was clear that he had come to some conclusion.

"FÖR HELVETE! Are you the reason I've been sleeping one eye open, wary of a demonic creature jumping at me at any moment?!" Dragos' first shout felt like wall of wind had hit Liliana, but he quickly toned it down to less ear shattering. He chewed air, containing his anger, but not before kicking one of the cages.

"Fine, but that mutt even looks at me funny and I'm going to skip the capturing part." He muttered angrily under his breath.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 190 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Sat 9 Jun 2018
at 00:51
A road through Moth
Liliana winched at his shout and swallowed heavily. Nevertheless she gripped her shirt tightly with one hand and stood her ground. She reminded herself that Dragos was small compared to the beings she had met so far and those she would try to stop. He might still be a danger to Nathaniel and she thought it was best if she made it clear that he could not just act as he wished without fear of consequence.

"Yeah, fine. But likewise I want you to know. If you even look funnily at Nathaniel then don't bother coming to me for aid if you find yourself so grievously injured out there that nothing else can save you. I may just stand by and do nothing."

Despite the shock this must have been he had agreed far more easily than she had expected but she was still angry with him for what had been done to Nathaniel.

"I'm glad we could come to an understanding." She turned around and hurried away from him.

There was another dark secret she kept hidden and since this had turned into a day for sharing those she might as well get it off her chest. Leaving Dragos behind in a hurry she went to look for Lars.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:52, Sat 09 June 2018.

GM
 GM, 297 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 9 Jun 2018
at 14:05
A road through Moth
Lars had been sitting on one of the pews in the back, being present in case things had gone ugly. "That seemed to go well. You alright?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 191 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Sat 9 Jun 2018
at 19:45
A road through Moth
"I'm hanging on, thank you." Liliana sat down on the pew beside Lars with her hands in her lap. "But it was you I wanted to talk about. Out in the forest when you were beset by crows the wounds you sustained that day were very serious, more so than you might have thought."

"You were bleeding out from multiple wounds. We had no medical supplies but dirty clothes with which to bind them and the closest place to get help was hours away." Liliana sighed and looked towards the floor and spoke with a low voice. "I used witchcraft to stanch the bleeding and mend your wounds some."
GM
 GM, 298 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sun 10 Jun 2018
at 04:18
A road through Moth
"That... explains a lot. I did find it a bit weird when I saw my wounds, but I didn't dwell on it for too long." Lars let out an amused laugh. "I'm no stranger to these weird powers, I've been working in shady circles long enough to see some weird shit. I... appreciate what you did, I felt like crap with the state I was and I guess I could have been much worse."
GM
 GM, 299 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 16:27
A road through Moth
The day goes by without any incidents and Dragos seems to be minding his own business, not eyeing on Liliana or Nathaniel.

The morning is no exception, people do what little they have on their routine and mostly keep to themselves.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 192 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 19:36
A road through Moth
After waking up Liliana spent some time cleansing herself as best she could. The time spent on the road and her last few days of neglect had been starting to show. By the time she had finished eating she was beginning to look much better and she was even beginning to feel somewhat alive again. The morning was not her best time.

"Mister Belrose." With the morning rituals finished and her mind working again after waking she sought out the scholar. "I was wondering about a few things. Did the lord have his own physician here? Any place that might be stocked with medical supplies? Medicinal herbs?"
GM
 GM, 300 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 20:03
A road through Moth
"Why yes, mister Lovak used to take care of the family among other things. Unfortunately our medical supplies have never been anything special and Lovak isn't exactly a prestigious doctor, which is why Lord paid that other doctor good money for his ailments." Belrose said. "I'm sure there's something still there. The supplies should be stored at a room near the castle's main dining hall, you should be able to get there if you manage to enter the grand hall by the entrance."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 193 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 20:34
A road through Moth
"Doctor Szarvas? I spoke with him a little before we ventured in here." Liliana said thoughtfully. "I'm not sure his remedies would do me much good anyway. I'm hardly a doctor. Simple supplies are just what I am looking for, thank you." Not for the first time she lamented the loss of her satchel back when she had been arrested.

"I was curious about this castle and its history. I am not wise in matters of nobles but I have a hard time imagining why they would build such a grand castle out here in Felch. Why did the Rugsen family come here?"
GM
 GM, 301 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 21:13
A road through Moth
Taking a moment, Belrose started to explain some of the history. "Rugesn family was appointed here, rather. It was Filipek family before Rugesn, they were the ones governing this area and have been for at least couple hundred years. There's not much records about how things were before that, though I might not have gone through every paper available."

"The castle however." Belrose tapped his index finger against one of the pillars. "It's ancient. I can only estimate, but most of the main structure must date before fourth century. It's always been here along with it's dark passages down below. No one knows who built it, and there isn't any signs of excavations where the stone might have come from. The castle most likely had more purpose in it's time, but now it is just a oversized house for the nobility."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 194 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 14:13
A road through Moth
"Oh! I didn't know that." Her eyes lit up when Belrose spoke about the castle's history and its age. "The night when this all began you said there were noise coming from down below. Perhaps there are answers to be found deep down in the ancient parts of the castle. Has anyone dared venture down into those dark passages?"
GM
 GM, 302 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 20:55
A road through Moth
"Most definitely, though I have little to back it up. I don't think anyone here has extensively looked through the cellar floors, seeing as we are busy trying to get rid of the things above. But in either case, some of the sections under the castle are locked behind that big door." Belrose nodded towards the door next to the stony creature.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 195 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 00:22
A road through Moth
"Ah." Liliana inspected the door and the large guardian standing watch with the black sword in front of it. "That makes investigation rather difficult. There is something I could. No, best not. Perhaps we can learn more about the door and the creature somewhere. There may be some condition by witch it would let people pass. A key or a pass phrase." She eyed the creature thoughtfully. There were things she could try to learn more about it or communicate but such attempts could very well end in disaster.

She moved towards the wall the scholar had spent so much time studying and viewed them in full. It had intrigued her since he first spoke of it but she had been rather too preoccupied to inspect them. "You said the paintings on this wall were related to what has happened?"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:35, Wed 13 June 2018.

GM
 GM, 303 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 00:50
A road through Moth
"It appears so. It all begins here on the castle." Belrose moved to the leftmost side of the painting. "The area surrounding it slowly turns gray and more faded from left to right, representing the fog setting in." He then pointed on what appeared as some kind of coffin, held standing in the air and surrounded by a bright light like circle, which is gone in the picture next to it and the coffin is slightly ajar with something pouring out of it. "It is hard to say how literal these are and how much interpretation should be used, but it would seem like what ever is causing this has been here all along. Assuming this is painting is correct of course. I haven't gotten a clue of the causation so far."

He moves couple steps right coming to a long painting which seamlessly shifts from the swamp to forest and finally the town itself. The swamp is filled with clean bones of animals while the forest has a bleeding man hunched next a tree. The town itself is painted in strong red tones, making it look like it was raining blood on people gathered around an wounded looking angel, which is being carried by two men. The people are painted in rags and with shadowy and gloomy facial features, but one stands out from them. A woman has been painted much further in the background with more vibrant green clothing, separated from the others.

"This is linking into beings, things or places that hold some relevancy in all this. My theory is that there might be some kind of manifestations of evil in each of these locations."

The painting clearly isn't complete as the colours drag further ahead without anything being finished there. But at the end of it is a crudely drawn door, and there is no mistaking it, the same door which is at the end of this hall.

"The town is the most recent part of this. It used to look more like what the town center actually looked like and slowly turned into this twisted image."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 196 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 14:01
A road through Moth
Liliana let her fingers trace over the paining of the village while she stared at it thoughtfully. "There was a horrible murder. A body left in the town square, a desecrated holy book. Not all is well in the village. The paintings of the village, swamp and forest appear true enough. In the forest we encountered a twisted creature with the shape of a man and the skull of a bird for head, twisting tendrils all around. Or at least Nathaniel got a look at it."

She took a long look at the figures in the village trying to make sense of them. Gazing at the woman clad in vibrant green she made a thoughtful sound before sighing and brushing a hand through her hair. "You might be right. I don't know. It's all bits and pieces and I have no idea how to put it all together yet. I'm not sure what we'll be doing today exactly but from what I gather we will be accompanying sir Constantines and his companion. I'll keep my eyes open for any more clues as to what this all means."

Excusing herself she went to find the warrior. "Good morning Esther. What are our plans for the day?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:04, Wed 13 June 2018.

Esther
 player, 156 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 16:57
A road through Moth
Esther had strolled into the main hall few moments ago and given little to no interest to Liliana and Belrose, only turning her attention towards the paintings only when she heard that they had changed somehow. However she didn't bother to join the conversation and had taken a seat on edge of the hall stage.
She hailed to approaching Liliana and shrugged. "Waiting! I'm sure Constantines will call us if he still wants our help today." She voiced her plans with her usual cheer that had started to revive after her gloomy mood from yesterday.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 197 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 18:21
A road through Moth
"Oh... I see." Liliana said awkwardly and scuffled a little. "I'll go ask Sir Constantines then." The prospect of talking with the knight gave her sense of dread but at least she wasn't alone. "Let's go Nathaniel." If they weren't venturing out today she'd like to know since she had other things she could be doing instead. She diden't know what plans he had but if they were following his lead she should tell him about her desire to recover the medical supplies.

She headed towards the back rooms then the balcony in search of Constantines.
Esther
 player, 157 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 18:37
A road through Moth
Her eyes tracked Liliana for few moments before she bounced after her. "It is kinda a relief to know that you are witch." Esther laughed at Liliana. "Don't get me wrong. You'll probably get us into deeper shit than I would, but you surely know helpful curses and stuff like that don't you?" She asked with sincere curiosity. "Like Thothum, you charmed him to be your slave or something?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 198 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 19:10
A road through Moth
"I did no such thing!" Liliana answered the accusation indignantly, her cheeks turning a slight shade of red. "Thothum was rather simple." The heat died down as she spoke of the giant. “He told me a little of his past. My impression was that he had always had a 'boss' as he called them. I'm not sure how well he would have managed by himself. From the moment I said we'd go get food he was following me like a lost puppy. Not a very good decision on his part." She added sadly.

"No. Enthralling the wills of others is beyond me." The thought of such power sent a shudder of horror through her. "But yes, essentially. There are curses available to me that are... helpful. Such as the one I've laid upon myself to grant me sight in the dark."

"You seem to be taking all this in stride. Honestly I was scared to death you'd all be calling for a bonefire by now." Not a fear that was entirely in the past either.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:14, Wed 13 June 2018.

Kyle Silver
 player, 176 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 19:46
A road through Moth
Kyle spends most of the time waiting in one of the benches, after exercising a little bit as usual, waiting for the flow of events to drag him back into action.
Waiting has never been this boring.
Esther
 player, 158 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 20:19
A road through Moth
"I'm just happy that not all witchcraft in this bloody village is after our lives. Besides now I don't have to assume that you are completely useless." She teased before turning her attention towards Nathaniel.
"My father used to tell me tales of talking animals who lived in Varja. Spirit-god-animals or something of that nature. Beings that us men should respect... Can't remember much else." Esther's words ran slow as she dug into her memories. "Unlikely to be true here. As long as your deals with spirits are your problems alone, I don't mind."
GM
 GM, 304 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 20:32
A road through Moth
Sir Constantines was quickly found in the sleeping quarters where he was equipping his armour consisting of chainmail and few protecting steel plates. He nodded to Liliana before opening his mouth. "Ready to search the castle today?"
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 199 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 22:05
A road through Moth
"Good morning sir knight." Liliana said stopping a short distance away from Constantines and folded her hands in front of her. "I'm ready, yes. I spoke with mister Belrose and he told me that basic medical supplies are kept stored near the main dining hall. I'm sure you have plans, but if we are in the area..."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:11, Wed 13 June 2018.

GM
 GM, 305 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 13 Jun 2018
at 22:21
A road through Moth
"If we get there, we might look through it. I'm not too familiar with this places floor plan, so I can't guarantee we'll end up near it." Constantines said. "In any case, we'll be going with Amanda and will wait just up ahead." Constanines pointed towards the door that lead to the balcony amongst other places. "Don't take too long gathering your group, we will eventually go alone." With that, he headed out.

"I'm getting up..." Lars said lazily from her sleeping spot where he had been resting all morning.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 200 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 00:37
A road through Moth
"Yeah, hurry up." Liliana said to Lars while moving towards the main hall again and stuck her head out the door. "Kyle! We are leaving." There wasen't much for her to prepare but she took a quick look through her bag and made sure everything was in order. She would have to keep an eye out for useful tools and clothes while they searching the castle. Her already run down clothes weren't made any better by the makeshift bandages that had been torn from them. "You all ready?" She looked towards Esther and Nathaniel then reached up to briefly brush Odd.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:38, Thu 14 June 2018.

GM
 GM, 306 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 10:35
A road through Moth
Nathaniel gave a confirming nod, still not very comfortable with talking around others. Especially around those who lived here.

You leave the safety of the cathedral and quickly find Constantines and Amanda in a room past the balcony. The room has a high ceiling as it connects to a floor above with staircase made of stone. There is signs of struggle in the room; blood on the ground, smashed furniture and few odd pieces of remains from... something.

"So, where do you suggest on getting at first? Still after that one man's possessions?" Sir Constantines asked with a soft voice, trying not to attract any unwanted attention.
Kyle Silver
 player, 177 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 12:51
A road through Moth
Kyle rolls back from the bench, standing as the wood falls back creating a small dust cloud.
He scratches his ear with a finger while yawning as he joins the others.
He nudges Esther as he passes towards her.
"Yo! don't die out there will ya?"
Esther
 player, 159 posts
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 17:14
A road through Moth
Esther gave silent nod to Kyle's comment as they made their way to dangerous parts of the castle.
"I guess things have escalated beyond just recovering weapons and looting this place." Esther replied quietly to Constantines. "If we happen to find them while solving other more important matters we can take them with us."
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 201 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 17:45
A road through Moth
Liliana walked along keeping a respectful distance from the knight with Esther between them. "It does seem less important now, yes." The offered payment had never been her most important reason for venturing up there anyway. "But I would still like to search lord Rugsen's room." She didn't know what part the presumably late lord had in this if any but it was worth investigating. "When we first entered the castle I told a lie." She admitted. "I said I saw something move inside the castle. In truth Nathaniel saw a light shining from one of the upper windows during the night."
GM
 GM, 307 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 23:23
A road through Moth
"It was in the other part of the castle, the building you entered near the gate." Nathaniel said about the light he had seen.

Constantines was startled by Nathaniel's deep voice that he had not heard before and looked in his direction in confusion.

"Did we forgot to mention that this "wolf" of hers can talk?" Lars asked in a rhetorical manner. "I supposed going through the late Lord's room might shine light on the situation. I'm up for it."

Constantines nods. "It doesn't matter too much where we go in the castle. Any monster we slay means that it'll be safer for us. I hope to secure a way outside at some point, but I have heard that a large beast patrols that area. The Lord's room is upstairs."

You proceed to go up the stairs and with Constanines' guidance, head towards where the Lord's quarters would be. After some time of walking through hallways, Amanda lets out an sharp "Shhh." She walks a little further away from you to an doorway in front of you and presses herself against the wall. She appears as if she was listening for something. "They're here."

Sir Constantines slowly draws his sword and quietly approaches the doorway.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 202 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 16:06
A road through Moth
Keeping quiet Liliana slowly edged backwards so that she was in the back and out of the way of anybody wielding something sharp. Now she wished she had asked the knight more in detailed about what they had faced within the castle. There wasn't much to do but prepare herself to aid the others in any way she could if something evil fell upon them.

ooc: Liliana Van Der Aart rolled 154 using 1d100+75. Occult: Assess the spiritual zone/affinity.
Esther
 player, 160 posts
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 16:53
A road through Moth
Esther followed Sir Constantines towards the door with her blade ready, keeping her movement slow and as silent as she could. She took quick look at others with confident smile before turning her full focus towards what would happen next.
GM
 GM, 308 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 17:53
A road through Moth
Constantines moved first into the room, still careful with his movement. You enter a room with statues, furniture and other items, all covered with white sheets and forming makeshift corridors. It appears to have been a gallery of some sort once.

You notice three creatures with bodies covered in grey fur, their eyes thrice the size of a man with bright yellow large irises, elongated limbs and claws long enough to puncture armour. They were roughly size of a woman and their physiology was scrawny.
One of them lets out high-pitched animal like chittering noise as it notices you enter the room and they all quickly start to very aggressively jump through the furniture, one even swinging at you with the help of a chandelier.

Ooc: Time to throw initiatives! The room's dimensions are approximately 18x10 meters. There is a map in the Game Map tab under group 0, just to give you a basic idea of the room. Red ball is your current location while the grey balls with red dot in center are the creatures.
GM
 GM, 310 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 16:09
A road through Moth
Nathaniel stands guard by Liliana, not budging so she wouldn't come to harm.

One of the creatures lunged towards you faster than most of you could react and flailed his arms at Kyle, letting out odd screams as it did.

Ooc: Attack of 135 vs Kyle.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 203 posts
 Least of all Moth's Evils
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 16:57
A road through Moth
Liliana gasped at the sight of the horrible creatures with features resembling both man and beast. She saw the their claws and her memory flashed back to the dark cellar and countless cold hands reaching for her. "Hear me you who dwell in the dark." She began a low chant while her hands moved purposefully in a strange pattern.

ooc: Accumulate 50 Zeon towards base Shield of Darkness and hold the spell ready.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:03, Sun 17 June 2018.

GM
 GM, 311 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 06:42
A road through Moth
The other two quickly run after the first creature, charging to attack you.

One of them lashes at Sir Constantines while the other joins up to harass Kyle.

Constantines blocks it's attack with ease and drives his sword to it's body. The creature stumbles backwards, bleeding profusely.

Lars comes to Kyle's aid, attacking one of the creatures and forcing it to divert it's attention his way.

Ooc: Attack of 146 vs Kyle
GM
 GM, 313 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 15:20
A road through Moth
The creature is hit by Kyle's counterattack, but it merely just brushed it's skin. The other creature's strike is far more effective however.

Ooc: Kyle takes 31 thrust damage.
Esther
 player, 161 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 15:57
A road through Moth
Esther follows after Lars and sends her blade against the monster right after Lars' attack.
GM
 GM, 314 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 16:08
A road through Moth
The creature suffers a deep cut from Esther's attack, but isn't greatly shaken from it.

While the lot of you fight against the odd looking monsters, Amanda simply strolls back and forth behind the rest of you, not too concerned in part taking the action. She is going as far as to display a hint of boredom in her attitude.

Nathaniel on the other hand stops her so far defensive behaviour and joins to help, reaching to claw and bite the creature Kyle had just countered against. His claws don't sink deep, but blood is spilled. Nathaniel then quickly retreats back to Liliana, growling threateningly.

Ooc: Unless Liliana still wants to do something during this turn, or someone wants to do passive things like speaking etc, we will be going to 2nd round. Roll the initiative in either way.
Kyle Silver
 player, 179 posts
 King of Eden
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 12:56
A road through Moth
"Aargh that hurts! Thanks Nathan!" Kyle hold his shoulder and watches as his hand turns red from his blood.
"Maximun... effort, let's go!"
He aims to knee-elbow simultaneously at the same creature.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:33, Tue 19 June 2018.

GM
 GM, 317 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 09:15
A road through Moth