A road through Moth.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 3 posts
Mon 12 Jun 2017
at 23:14
A road through Moth
The baron's soldiers halted as their leader greeted the leader of the mercenary band ahead. It's hard to hear what they are talking about from the back of the group, but the caged cart seems to imply that you will be travelling in different company though you still don't know where.
Baron's soldiers have been strict and have forbidden you to talk to each other and you have mostly seen glimpses of one another during your short transporting from Lukka.

As the two commanders speak, one of the baron's soldiers rides slowly past you while speaking loudly. "All right you scum bags, off from your horses and start walking forward. I want you all in a nice line for your new friends to see." The man looks up to the gigantic man among the group as he passes him by. "Yes this applies to you too big guy, get moving!"

You walk towards the small encampment manned with what seems to be around dozen soldiers. As you assemble to a neat line next to each other the leader of the mercenaries turn to you with a clip board and a quill in his hands.
The man seems to be in his thirties, his short black hair cleanly combed to the back and his beard seems to be freshly shaved to goatee as it reveals a deep scar in his left check. He sternly looks at the list and looks up to you and immediately fixates his sight onto the hulking man standing nearly twice of his size. It takes a while for him to recover from the initial shock but finally he clears his throat and says his first words to you. "Well I did hear that we were going to be transferring a large fellow with us. I guess that explains the oddly large cage." He marks something down on the clip board and continues. "So, I want every one of you to give me your name and homeland. Don't be shy now, we haven't got all day."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:34, Wed 21 June 2017.

Esther
 player, 2 posts
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 16:38
A road through Moth
Esther turns her eyes to the sky and replies, "Esther, I don't have homeland."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:42, Wed 21 June 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 2 posts
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 17:57
A road through Moth
The girl appeared to be about twenty years of age and was on the rather short end of height for her age. Even those of normal height tended to tower above her. Her shoulder length black hair looked rather disheveled from lack of care over several days. A pair of brown eyes slowly scanned across the surroundings with a dejected look. Her clothes were simple and functional made to weather the damp and chilly climate of Moth.

Liliana couldn't rightly claim she didn't deserve to be here as she had broken several laws. Despite this she couldn't help but feel a deep sense of unfairness at her situation. "My name is Liliana Van Der Aart." She said with a resigned tone. "I'm from Moth."
Thothum Arha
 player, 3 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 20:09
A road through Moth
Standing almost twice as tall as any of the horses, and easily outweighing some of them, the dark-skinned brute was, indeed, a 'big guy.' Thothum had heard the term before on a number of occasions, and had thought of it as a nickname of sorts when he didn't have other nicknames to consider. How this guard had figured out one of his nicknames was beyond Thothum, but many things were. So, as he took his place in line, he was quiet at first, trying to puzzle out where he'd seen the guard before, or who might've told him.

He wasn't dressed for any kind of weather. He had never been a wealthy giant, and finding clothes that fit someone the size of a house was difficult, so Ellona had had cothes made for him, though only one outfit had survived. That was little more than a pair of shorts, and a tunic that could've functioned as a tent; both were brown, and looked itchy, but Thothum didn't seem to mind. He was much more focused on figuring out where the guard had learned his nickname from. It bugged him. Nagged at him. Probly knows Ellona, he thought, just in time for the question from the guard captain to come to him.

"I am Thothum," Thothum said in a voice as thick as a wooden table, and as smooth as one too. His accent was hard to place, and even harder since he looked as though he were having trouble with the second part of the question. He was scanning the surroundings, looking for a familiar landmark of some kind, but couldn't find one besides the road. So, that would have to do. "I am from that way. Big building. Red. Cannot miss it." And, upon saying so, extended a finger the size of a man's hand in that direction. Whether or not the road actually pointed homewards was, at best, irrelevant, since as he pointed and thought more of Ellona, gone, his face fell. "But I am not from there no more."
Kyle Silver
 player, 2 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 20:25
A road through Moth
The young man in training clothes steps forward. He looks fit and athletic, dark medium hair, skin tanned due to the long hours under the sun and bright misterious eyes, he also has a confident way of walking. Kyle clears his throat before saying:

"I´m Kyle Silver, linebacker of the Markushias Watchers, from Phaion, I bet my team must be crazy looking for me now... oh, please, allow me"

He steps forward and swiftly takes the clipboard and quill and writes "With love, K. Silver #XIV" and a little sketch of a star.

"In a few years, this will be worth some coin"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:32, Wed 21 June 2017.

GM
 GM, 7 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 21:10
A road through Moth
The captain looks at Kyle baffled, not sure what to say in response. He looks at the clip board and then Kyle again obviously annoyed.
He sighs and turns his attention to the last of the prisoners who has yet to introduce himself. "Hey, you there! I'm not sure what interests you back there but I suggest you answer my question."

The light skinned man with chin length dark brown hair had been looking over his shoulder at the baron's men while standing in the line, possibly trying to listen what they were talking. He looked fairly young, maybe 25 at best and was wearing worn grey clothing with a black hooded cape that had a odd looking silver badge attached to it.
It takes him a moment to realise that the captain was talking to him and he quickly turned his attention to his direction.
"Lars, sir. Nothing more, nothing less. Eastern parts of Dalaborn, if that really maters."

"Right. Now listen up, I don't want to repeat myself. I am captain Fergus, the leader of this small group and that cage over there will be where you are going to spend your next few months."
Fergus points at the large cage on wheels that looks big enough to house an elephant as he eyes the group.
"I don't know what you have done to get into the situation you are in, but that really isn't my concern either. I'm being paid for delivering you and it would be best for all of you not to stir any trouble. I'm being paid on every single one of you individually and won't hesitate to take care of any trouble maker."
Fergus puts away the paper clip and quill and motions one of his men to come forth.
He brings five shackles with odd bluish decorations on them and Fergus picks one of them to his left hand. "My employer requested that you will be wearing these during our journey, so put your hands forth and once your chains are in place step into the cart."
Kyle Silver
 player, 3 posts
 King of Eden
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 21:47
A road through Moth
Kyle just realizes, you can´t win the championship if you don´t play.

"Eh-excuse me, but I think I deserve an explanation and I have a match to win in three days and*gets handcuffed* ...oh damn."

Deeps breathly, and looks at the big, big guy, whose wrists don´t look easy to fit in the shackles.

"Hey, down here, do you think they are going to give us some food soon?"
Thothum Arha
 player, 4 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 22:01
A road through Moth
Thothum obediently holds out his arms to be shackled. This was usually the point where someone tried to wrap some very large chains around him. It never worked. The bosses had always said 'Thothum. Thothum are you listening?' but after that they'd sometimes told him 'If anyone tries to cuff you, you let 'em. Then you just bust outta those chains and they won't ever try it again.' It had been good advice, Thothum thought, but now that Ellona was gone he wasn't certain if he was still supposed to follow the old boss's orders. Then the silver one spoke to him. Silver, he thought. Must have money. He was distracted-enough by the thought that he almost missed the actual question, but a primal instinct in Thothum's mind triggered at the word food and his massive stomach grumbled. It was hard to feed Thothum enough, and being a prisoner meant that rations were usually a bit thin.

"I hope for food too. You will pay for it?"
GM
 GM, 8 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Wed 21 Jun 2017
at 22:35
A road through Moth
One of the captain's men approaches Thothum and Kyle.
"You can converse with you new acquaintances in the cart. Step in mister giant, it's better for your travelling companions that you sit in the very end of the cage."
His voice sounds a bit nervous as he talks to Thothum, but he starts to guide the prisoners into the cage nonetheless.

As the cage door closes, the baron's men approach Fergus with a large package which extends to over three meters. The package is thick and round for the most part except for the almost disc like end.
Fergus scratches his head as he talks with them and shouts to his men. "You three, lift this on top of the cart and chain it so it stays put!"

Without further waiting the encampment is dismantled and the cart starts to move towards your unknown destination.
Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 4 posts
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 00:35
A road through Moth
The prospect of spending months within a cage had her spirit plummet further but there was nothing she could do but extend her arms and let herself be shackled. After making herself as comfortable as possible within the cage she gazed out across the all too familiar terrain that slowly rolled by. Spotting a tall bush that leaned over the road particularly close to the cart she reached out with her shackled hands and snapped up some of the plant. She discarded the leaves and brushed it clean of dust. There was always food to be found in the forest. Not that this much would do her any good.

Chewing on the stalk she regarded her fellow prisoners. There was no telling what heinous crimes they were her for. The giant in particular looked really scary. "I don't suppose anyone wants to sing a trail song…" Despite everything she might as well get to know them. It would be a long few months without anyone to talk to. "I'm Liliana Van Der Aart but I already said that. I was an apprentice herbologist." She took another bite of the plant stalk. "But then I wound up here." She found she didn't really want to talk about herself. "So... anybody have an idea of where they are taking us? The prisons in Dwanholf must be full." She said with a hint of concern.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:38, Thu 22 June 2017.

Esther
 player, 3 posts
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 12:48
A road through Moth
After uncomfortably adjusting her bonds; giving few rattles and pulls to her shackles Esther rises her head, slightly annoyed to her current condition. "These chains are way above the usual junk. Should we be honored for not being treated like a common cattle?" She ends her sentence with much more troubled tone.
GM
 GM, 9 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 14:38
A road through Moth
Lars, who has surprisingly well adjusted to his current predicament, casually shrugs while sitting against the cage bars with his eyes closed.
"There is no shortage of jails in Dwänholf. And if there would be, they'd just give the hangman more work."
He slightly chuckles and continues. "I'm not sure why or where we are heading, but someone sure is willing to spend lot of resources on us getting there."
Raising his cuffs slightly from his lap, Lars gives a look at what he has been tied with.
"I wonder..."
Thothum Arha
 player, 5 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 15:19
A road through Moth
Tracking conversations wasn't Thothum's strong suit. First there was something about songs, and then food, and then prison food, or at least that's how he'd heard it. He landed on the word wonder, and the idea that someone was spending a lot of money on them. "Ellona spend money on Thothum. Wonder if she doing this?" But he knew that was wrong. But if Ellona was alive then she would have saved him. But maybe this was saving him from the bad thing he did? But no. But...

Thothum adjusted himself a bit in the cage, rocking the whole thing a bit as he did. He was not comfortable in the cage, but comfort wasn't the idea. He looked up at the package on the roof. It reminded him of something, but best of all was that it was casting some shade on his face. That was good. The shadows were always a comfort.
GM
 GM, 10 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 18:18
A road through Moth
Lars gives a curious look at Thothum. "Ellona? Now who might that be? Some enemy of yours?"
Kyle Silver
 player, 4 posts
 King of Eden
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 22:58
A road through Moth
Driven by the conversation, Kyle joins: "If that is the case, I rather not be in that person's skin... By the way, I hardly believe none of you barely discuss this situation. You must definetely have done something. In my case it was just a bit off Church property destruction... with a ball. And breaking and entering afterwards... I had to retrieve the ball you know..."

Silence joins the moment briefly, just to be interrupted again:

"No, seriously, what have you done?" He tossed the question to the group.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:40, Sat 28 Oct 2017.

Liliana Van Der Aart
 player, 5 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 00:23
A road through Moth
"You destroyed Church property?" For but a moment disbelief and disgust was plain on her face. She briefly seemed conflicted before sagging down a little where she sat and simply said "That's bad luck." with a weak voice. "You should make a crown of lilies and place it on the altar of the church every morning on the last day of the week for a month. In the spring would be best."

She made a miserable sigh and looked down at the floor of the cage. "I stole from a market."
Thothum Arha
 player, 6 posts
 Big guy. Really big guy.
 With a really big axe.
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 02:31
A road through Moth
Thothum managed to juggle the conversation long-enough to reply to both questions, though only one at a time. "I stole too. A lot of gold from a nice lady Thoth... I never saw before. Ellona was nice too. She was the boss. Not the first boss, but the last boss. She is dead. That is what they said." This satisfied Thothum, though he seemed troubled at having nearly said his own name instead of I, or maybe at Ellona being dead, or both. His frown could've swallowed a lesser man's face.
Esther
 player, 4 posts
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 09:34
A road through Moth
Her eyes where clued to the forest line for the entire conversation, only after short silence she turns to others.
"Me?... I don't know the exact reason why they took me" Esther gives a short pause while she quickly glances over the guards who are escorting them, and then continues with slightly quieter tone. "I have plenty of reasons to be here..."
She stops to think something, but she doesn't continue. After a while she turns her head back to the forest. Seeking something with her eyes.
GM
 GM, 11 posts
 Most likely a fish.
 Yep, a fish.
Fri 23 Jun 2017
at 11:45
A road through Moth
Lars reaches for his pocket and searches it for a moment. "Right. They took them..." He sighs and turns to look at the group sharing his fate. "I'm here most likely for a murder or something like that. They never gave me a reason why they took me as prisoner but that's all I can think of."
Turning to look at one of the soldiers travelling behind the cart, Lars does a short whistle to gain his attention. "Hey, when do we get to do our business? You don't expect us to just sit here the whole trip, right?"
The soldier glances into his direction.
"When we stop for the night, you can visit the bushes under supervision."
Lars adjusts himself to lie on the cart's floor. "Guess I might as well take a nap then."