IC: The Prison.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 126 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 12:47
IC: The Prison
Sighing, the warden looks down upon the half-orc."I want you to find some people and stop them. And save some others. Stealth mission I suppose but I can tell you do not truly care and will die first. Hence reason why we wish to use you. And if you decided to kill after this, your dead. If your caught, your dead. If you have to come back here, you will be killed. Have I not made myself clear Mr. Jaggedtooth? I will find you, and I will be sure you are completely dead. All of you. You cannot turn back to what you once were. A second chance to redeam yourself. If you wish not to, I can have the guards return you to your cell."

Two cats jump up upon the chair and stare at the group. They seem to be in perfect unison.
Tralin Mckess
 Dread Necromancer, 28 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 20
 Fort 1/Ref 6/Will 5
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 02:44
IC: The Prison
Tralin frowned at the orcish being.

"What about ----"

He saw the look in the Orc's eye and without his powers he wasnt going to press a joke.

"Nevermind..."

"Im in."

He spoke a half second after the Warden did almost cutting her off.

"I will do whatever you ask to be let free from this hell."


Tralin glanced at the cats as they moved in unison then shook the odd feeling off.

"Follow your ruless 100% and we get off or die, got it."
He chafed on the inside, but he will do anything to be free again.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:09, Tue 19 Sept 2017.

Ismh Jaggedtooth
 Barbarian, 11 posts
 HP: 84/84, AC: 19
 Fort: 7, Will: 4, Refl: 3
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 05:33
IC: The Prison
"I'll play nice," stated Ismh. If it got him out of his cell, then he would follow their rules, but he wasn't sure why he was being included in a stealth mission at all. Going in quietly was not something he was known for, and most people didn't see him when they imagined a savior but if she wanted him involved then he would do his part.

Of course, the half-orc wasn't one to think that any of them were able to be redeemed, but he chose not to say that as he didn't want to get stuck in a cell again. "So who are we saving?" He wanted to ask who they were stopping, but he had a sinking feeling that would just get him another reprimanding response from the warden.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 128 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 12:54
IC: The Prison
Oddly, no one seems to even look at the cats nevermind stare at them. The warden watches the four people, crossing her arms."There are several of them. But I need you to find them. You will start in a nearbye town. No one will know you and branch off of it. The enemy is growing rapidly. A cult. Now who you wish to save? Some Pelorians and some of our allies. If they are hurt by any of you, whomever caused it will be put down. I feel they will be in the same area but I am unsure. The group seems to move around a lot so finding them may not be easy. This is not a easy mission." The warden watches the silent cleric and the scout."You two, are you up for it or not?"
Idaksi Kreizah
 Scout, 11 posts
 HP: 36/36 | AC: 14
 Fort 3/Refl 8/Will 2
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 21:00
IC: The Prison
A stealth mission? This was supposed to be his forte, only that he was such a failure he could easily fail this one as well. Failure or not, this was a chance to redeem himself and regain his pride. He would gladly accept this mission. It wouldn't matter who they were pursuing as long it wouldn't mean he was betraying his own kin.

"Yes." Idaksi answers the warden with determination. "I accept these terms... If I get to know about this 'cult' first." He asks, his Elvish accent prominent in his speech.

With that, the cats gather his attention. Were these felines supposed to be their companions? Was there something more to them than meets the eye? Or were they plain trained animals that would serve as scouts for them?

"Are these murrpau coming with us?" The scout finally asks the warden so that he could know who and what he would have to teamwork with.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:03, Tue 19 Sept 2017.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 129 posts
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 12:48
IC: The Prison
"There is little to know but they must be stopped. And yes, they will be going with you. Three of you chose to go. Only one remains. What is your choice?" The warden looks down upon the dwarf.

The two cats stare at the necromancer, then the scout and barbarian. Finally, they tilt their heads at the cleric.
Vagori Thunderaxe
 Cleric, 36 posts
 HP:78 AC:21
 F:10 R:3 W:7
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 13:15
IC: The Prison
He sat in silence, still trying to absorb the entirety of the situation; he'd learned that listening and waiting was usually more beneficial in a place like this than acting recklessly. Finally, he decided to speak. "I realize that we, as prisoners, are in no position to argue or barter, or whatever you want to call the resistance I'm about to put forth; however, on that note, how do we know what you're saying is true? You could very easily place spells on us that make us easy to capture and throw back into this hellhole once the mission is complete. Secondly, we would need much more to go off of than 'some guys in a cult' - that could be just about anybody whose daddy didn't hug them enough. Thirdly, and hopefully lastly, if they move around a lot, surely you have locations they frequent, or a general pattern to their movements? At the very least a map detailing where they've been or have suspected to have been. I am willing to do this for you, but only of I have your word that this is indeed real, and that we will be provided with at least enough information to actually do the damned job." With that he crossed his arms and sat back in his chair, awaiting the warden's response; he did not expect it to be kind, but no one else had asked these pressing questions - someone had to or they would most likely die upon entering that first aforementioned town.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 130 posts
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 13:25
IC: The Prison
The warden sighs."No, we do not know where they are. They move around a lot and hence why you will be taken to a small village to investigate. This is a test to see if you are capable. And the cult must be stopped in one form or another. The forces I am with are spread out. You will find them or be thrown back in the cell. One or the other. I do not care if you choose to remain here or if you believe I am lying. I do not care. It is that simple. You are given a choice. Freedom with some consquence or the cell. All I know is that they go against us and have taken captives. They are a new threat. Deal with them or deal with me. Its that simple. As for freedom, you willl be free once this is complete. If you go back to your old ways, you will be brought back here and killed. Or be killed on the spot. This is a chance to have a new life. I supposed you will need to trust me. If not...."

The guards turn towards the cleric.

Yawning, the two cats drop down and sit in front of them. They stretch a few times.
Ismh Jaggedtooth
 Barbarian, 12 posts
 HP: 84/84, AC: 19
 Fort: 7, Will: 4, Refl: 3
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 18:14
IC: The Prison
"You all talk too much. Can we just get started," stated Ismh. This conversation was going in circles which made it quite boring for him to sit through, so he would rather be dropped in an area and just wing it than to sit here and press for information that the warden had stated wasn't coming. At the very best, all that was going to happen was someone was going to talk someone else out of the idea altogether, which would have really made it a waste of time for them all. "The sooner we begin, the sooner we are free."
Tralin Mckess
 Dread Necromancer, 29 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 20
 Fort 1/Ref 6/Will 5
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 15:32
IC: The Prison
I agree with him.

Tralin said motioning to Ismh

Lets get started, we will get the details worked out. one way or the other.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 134 posts
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 23:05
IC: The Prison
With all that is said and done, the guards motion for the group to go into another area. Four bracers are on a table. They are about two feet long and do not have any other odd things about them. The warden enters."Take one of each and put them on."

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:54, Sat 23 Sept 2017.

Idaksi Kreizah
 Scout, 13 posts
 HP: 36/36 | AC: 14
 Fort 3/Refl 8/Will 2
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 06:06
IC: The Prison
I suppose these are to track us. Idaksi thinks to himself and after a few seconds he sighs in defeat and silently takes one of the bracer and puts it on his right arm.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:55, Sat 23 Sept 2017.

Ismh Jaggedtooth
 Barbarian, 14 posts
 HP: 84/84, AC: 19
 Fort: 7, Will: 4, Refl: 3
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 07:07
IC: The Prison
Ismh wasn't one for jewelry, but he had a feeling that it was a non-negotiable part of getting to do this. Picking up the bracer, he placed it on his right arm since it wasn't his dominant one.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:54, Sat 23 Sept 2017.

Tralin Mckess
 Dread Necromancer, 31 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 20
 Fort 1/Ref 6/Will 5
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 01:16
IC: The Prison
Tralin looked at the four bracers and sighed, he gently picked up on and placed it on his left arm.

"Is there any chance you will tell us what these do?  Im guessing keep tabs on us like the others think."
Vagori Thunderaxe
 Cleric, 38 posts
 HP:78 AC:21
 F:10 R:3 W:7
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 13:28
IC: The Prison
The dwarf was still skeptical, and stayed silent the entire time. Begrudgingly, however, once the bracers had been presented, he took one and placed it on his own wrist. He then sat back down, awaiting what would happen next - hopefully he'd be able to make heads or tails of what exactly this warden wanted them to do, but right now they had no clear details - that made things difficult.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 138 posts
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 15:06
IC: The Prison
"Each one is linked to you. If you attempt to abandon the group lets just say something bad will happen. And will do other things as well if needbe. Now." The warden motions for the guards to bring in several items some of which are the items belonging to the group. Each person is given the proper items.

"Find the leaders of the cult and do whatever you feel is neccasary to stop them. Also I want you to find the captives and free them. One of them is a captain. A human. Another is a Pelorian cleric. Finding them will help in revealing the other prisoners. Those are the most important however but saving them means more will be saved. If you band with them, you will die."

The cats stretch out and yawn, moving over to the cleric.
Ismh Jaggedtooth
 Barbarian, 17 posts
 HP: 84/84, AC: 19
 Fort: 7, Will: 4, Refl: 3
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 02:59
IC: The Prison
While he was listening to the warden, Ismh's eyes watched the men that brought in the gear that had been on him when he had been apprehended, and a smile appeared on his face as if he had just seen an old friend. He starts to get himself ready unless someone tries and stop him, which he expected to come from the new bracer on his arm if they were going to.

It would sure feel good to be in his old attire once again, but when he heard that they needed to find particular captives he cocked his head and looked up at the woman. "And what do these two look like? They got any markings or scars for us to identify them." The half-orc doubted that a prisoner would get to keep any notable armor or symbols of their faith, so how were the four of them going to know which prisoners ranked higher than the others?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 140 posts
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 15:18
IC: The Prison
"There should be a small symbol of Pelor upon their right shoulders. But keep in mind, there may be spies amongst them with the same mark." The warden waits with the guards, allowing them each to gather up their belongings. One of the guards has a bag, but does not open it up.
Vagori Thunderaxe
 Cleric, 39 posts
 HP:78 AC:21
 F:10 R:3 W:7
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 15:21
IC: The Prison
Vagori reaches down to pet the strange cats before moving towards the guards, collecting his belongings and awaiting direction out of the prison. "You have my word that this quest will be completed to the best of our abilities."
Ismh Jaggedtooth
 Barbarian, 18 posts
 HP: 84/84, AC: 19
 Fort: 7, Will: 4, Refl: 3
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 07:06
IC: The Prison
Symbol of Pelor, but some may be liars. My kind of people, Ismh muses to himself while the dwarf talks about them succeeding. He wasn't going to personally make that promise, but he also wasn't going to say anything to the contrary.

"So when do we leave for this quest?" He assumed that time was of the essence for the prisoners, and he was ready to leave this place.
Idaksi Kreizah
 Scout, 15 posts
 HP: 36/36 | AC: 14
 Fort 3/Refl 8/Will 2
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 15:38
IC: The Prison
Idaksi listens carefully to the information given to them and memorizes every single detail in it. When the equipment he had at the moment of his capture is offered back to him, all intact; he shudders at the memories. Shaking it off, he stands up and gathers his belongings, equipping his armor, weapons, backpack and attaches all the straps, one by one.

Once he is done, he speaks: "I will do my best. That is all I can say." Then he turns to look at the bag in the hands of the guards, wondering if it's more tracking equipment that they'd be forced to wear.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 147 posts
Thu 28 Sep 2017
at 19:16
IC: The Prison
Once the group is ready to leave, the guard holds out some other items. He holds out some goggles to the drow, a pair of boots to the barbarian, a dagger with a sheath to the dwarf and (something) to the necromancer. He backs up, watching the geared up group. Several of them motion towards a nearbye door."Go. This doorway will bring you to the forest near the village. I will be watching you."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:00, Thu 28 Sept 2017.

Ismh Jaggedtooth
 Barbarian, 20 posts
 HP: 84/84, AC: 19
 Fort: 7, Will: 4, Refl: 3
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 06:43
IC: The Prison
"Thanks, my feet were getting a bit chilled." Slipping the boots on, Ismh walked through the doorway without hesitation. He was more than ready for whatever was on the other side.
Idaksi Kreizah
 Scout, 17 posts
 HP: 36/36 | AC: 18
 Fort 3/Refl 8/Will 2
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 13:04
IC: The Prison
So, actual useful items, huh? The mission must be really important. Idaksi thinks and wears the goggles presented to him. He then carefully moves through the doorway, unsure if the exit would be in this easy a location which makes him suspicious. Surely they weren't going to be killed, but this doorway might've been a trap that knocks them out cold. Then they would be transported outside. Or so he suspected.

The scout gets himself ready for a blow of any kind that he thinks would be oncoming.
Tralin Mckess
 Dread Necromancer, 33 posts
 HP 48/48 AC 20
 Fort 1/Ref 6/Will 5
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 23:55
IC: The Prison
Tralin slowly put on his items, protective gear first, then his weapons.  He hated being ill prepared and despite being a magic user had a longsword, 5 daggers, and a pistol.  One dagger shinned silver and a 2nd shined with cold iron.

After he had all his gear he smiled it had been so long so very long.

Whatever is neccessary.

The words of the warden about their quarry they could dispatch filled him wih glee a smile crossed his face.

Tralin grabbed the item tossed to him.

"Intresting..."