Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1.   Posted by The TORG.Group: archive A
Martin Black
 player, 35 posts
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 01:11
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
"I doubt the local cops are going to want us sticking our noses into this. We don't have any reputation as vigilantes and certainly have no official status," Martin says. "We shouldn't have too much difficulty sneaking in."
Genevieve Morgan
 player, 14 posts
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 05:59
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
"If we had money, we could try bribery, but since we don't..." Vieve shrugs "Let's sneak in the back."
Trisha Barnes
 player, 51 posts
 Librarian/Historian
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 14:12
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Trisha arched an eyebrow, "Somehow I doubt attempts at bribing an officer would go favorably, especially when trying to be a bit inconspicuous."

She grinned and nodded at the follow-up suggestion of a stealthier approach.

(OOC - not seeing if specific instructions for OOC clarifications were in thread, so taking a chance.  What does the neighborhood in general look like?  Are there fenced in yards in back?  Trees?  Open views from neighbors?  Nearby dogs?

Essentially is approaching from the back this close to noon a feasible course of action or would it attract a lot of attention?)

The TORG
 GM, 37 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 17:54
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Trisha Barnes:
(OOC - not seeing if specific instructions for OOC clarifications were in thread, so taking a chance.  What does the neighborhood in general look like?  Are there fenced in yards in back?  Trees?  Open views from neighbors?  Nearby dogs?

Essentially is approaching from the back this close to noon a feasible course of action or would it attract a lot of attention?)

OOC: Just separating it like this is fine. Letís use Orange thigh, Aqua is a bit strained on my eyes. :) :) Itís a relatively upscale neighborhood, each townhouse has a fenced in yard in back with a 6í privacy fence. There is probably about 3 feet between houses/fences.

Everyone can make a TN: 12 perception roll please :)

[Private to White Mantis: They appear to be average officers, as well as a bit bored. One is reading the paper and the other is yawning as he looks around. You do find the police band, so you should hear if there are any alerts or anything regarding the location or the officers.]
White Mantis
 player, 27 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 18:30
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
"Ah.  I shall know if we are seen," Mantis assures everyone, mysteriously.  "Around the back, then."


OOC: Perception is effectively the Find Skill, right?  I rolled a three.  This is totally Mantis's Thing, and I get a -6... heh.

In light of Torg's Transparency rules, though, I will note that if no one else does make it, I have an Action card that I could use to just manage it.  If other people make the roll, though, I shall gladly leave it to them and save my card, of course!


[Private to GM: Apparently she's too busy feeling smug about finding the police band and acting mysterious about it.  But in a meta sense, I'm glad.  Having someone else notice something she's missed will do her good.]
Genevieve Morgan
 player, 15 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 20:53
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Also rolled a three. Go team!
Trisha Barnes
 player, 56 posts
 Librarian/Historian
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 22:07
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Is there a modification?  Looks like not a Skill I have listed on sheet..
17:06, Today: Trisha Barnes rolled 2 using 1d20.  Perception.   2

Martin Black
 player, 37 posts
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 00:36
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
OOC I'm spending one of Martin's Possibilities on this. Total roll is 30 for a bonus of +9 and a total of 15 for the roll.
  15:27, Today: Martin Black rolled 16 using 1d20.  Mind 6 + Find 0.
  15:34, Today: Martin Black rolled 14 using 1d20.  Possibility Bonus roll.

The TORG
 GM, 40 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 16:52
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
OOC: I'm incorporating the result of the rolls. Some did need the possibilities.
 :)
I sincerely apologize for the delay. and the misuse of terminology... still getting my groove back.. LOL


Your observation of the building and the officers reveal an interesting opening. As you wander around to look at the back yard, you spot the hat of an officer just barely visible over the top of the fence. He appears to be smoking, and sitting on what you assume is the back steps. About five minutes pass, and the hat rises a bit and begins moving around to the alleyway on the far side of the building. A moment later, the officer appears, walking up to the two in the car, engaging them in conversation.

Something in the back of your minds tells you that now would be a good time if you were going in the back way...

Martin Black
 player, 43 posts
 Cyber Parkour
 Possibilities: 2
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 22:35
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Martin effortlessly hops over the fence into the back yard. He takes a quick look around then makes his way to the back door.
White Mantis
 player, 32 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 18:55
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
"Well spotted, Martin," White Mantis says approvingly once the coast is clear.

OOC: Is there a back gate or anything?  If so, she'll use that rather than trying to climb the fence.
The TORG
 GM, 41 posts
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 22:23
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
White Mantis:
OOC: Is there a back gate or anything?  If so, she'll use that rather than trying to climb the fence.

OOC: There is one, but itís locked from inside the yard...
White Mantis
 player, 33 posts
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 19:09
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
White Mantis moves over to the gate, and waits for someone more fence-hoppy to open it.
Genevieve Morgan
 player, 17 posts
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 21:12
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Vieve shakes her head at Martin's feat before moving over to join White Mantis at the gate.
Martin Black
 player, 44 posts
 Cyber Parkour
 Possibilities: 2
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 21:19
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Martin goes to the gate and opens it. As the others join him in the backyard, he glaces at the building. Other than the back door, does he see any open windows or other ways in?
White Mantis
 player, 35 posts
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 22:20
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
With a quick nod of thanks, Mantis makes for the back door and tries it, hoping it's unlocked.

OOC: She will also look for open windows or whatever on the way, it just seems worth giving the door a shot even if there is an open window next to it.
Trisha Barnes
 player, 63 posts
 Librarian/Historian
 Poss:3
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 22:46
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Trisha followed White Mantis and Genevieve quietly through the gate and nodded to Martin in appreciation.  She took a few moments as they made their way across the yard to see if there were any unusual markings or decorations that might lend some insight as to the interests or hobbies of the residents outside of what was listed in the papers or if anything externally might be something of interest to those following Egyptian lore.
The TORG
 GM, 44 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 04:36
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Even though itís daylight outside, upon entering the townhouse itís fairly obvious that the power has been turned off as the shades are drawn, and the interior is dim. There is some light however, so some details can be made out during a quick walkthrough.

The furniture is made of expensive woods like cedar and oak. It is well crafted and hints of money. The only room that has been touched is Barker's office on the third floor. The other rooms are clean and well kept.

The only anomalies outside of the office are the taped outlines of bodies at the bottom of the spiral stairway on the second floor and in Cynthia Barker's bedroom. In Cynthia's bedroom the tape is marked on the sheets.

The office on the third floor is a mess. Files have been thrown everywhere and a disk box next to Barker's computer is empty. There are two taped body outlines on the floor and three bullet holes in the wall, apparently fired from a conventional pistol, and a splatter of blood.
White Mantis
 player, 39 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 15:15
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Mantis moves about the house quietly, looking only briefly at the taped outlines, though she does spare a moment for the bullet holes and blood.  She pauses at the computer, tapping at the tower, and says thoughtfully, "It is remarkable that such devices are based on so-called `normal' science, isn't it?"

Then she moves on, checking quickly through the desk drawers and then stepping back to study the room.

OOC: Mantis is, of course, looking mostly to see what may have been missed - by the police, certainly, and hopefully by the attackers.  Find came to 14.
Martin Black
 player, 52 posts
 Cyber Parkour
 Possibilities: 2
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 02:06
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Not an investigator, but still curious, Martin takes a look around for any sign of high tech weapons being used in the murders.

OOC Find total is 9.
The TORG
 GM, 45 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 14:44
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
While  investigating the filing cabinet, it appears that many of the papers filed in the P section of the files are missing. As she moves on, Mantisí attention is caught by the reflection of something metallic in the wall behind the filing cabinet itself. Cautiously pulling the cabinet back, it appears to be a flat, five-pointer metal star with what appears to be a microchip in the middle.

As Mantis is investigating the office, Martin takes a look into what seemed to be Cynthiaís bedroom (where the outline of her body is taped on top of the sheets) his attention is drawn to the hole in the sheet that killed the girl. Closer inspection shows burns around the edges, an indication of a possible energy weapon.

Being quiet as you are, you all manage to hear footsteps on the top of the staircase, just outside the office.

OOC: What do you do? You have time for one thing before an actual combat round begins, forming pools and all. :)
Martin Black
 player, 53 posts
 Cyber Parkour
 Possibilities: 2
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 17:30
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Martin moves next to the doorway. He places himself so that as someone enters, he can get a kick in before they can spot him.
Genevieve Morgan
 player, 18 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 05:11
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Vieve moves to hide behind the desk.

Whoops, thought I posted this earlier. Sorry!
White Mantis
 player, 40 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 05:16
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Mantis takes a quick step back to place herself behind the open door, and looks out through the crack between it and the wall.


OOC: Thank you, Genevieve!  I'd forgotten I needed to post here!
Trisha Barnes
 player, 67 posts
 Librarian/Historian
 Poss:3
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 08:12
Re: Relics of Power - Part 1, Act 1
Trisha likewise sought cover behind furniture  and watched for signs of light along the floor indicating the path of the person approaching.