Exploring Hommlet.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Velox
 player, 230 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 08:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Sure I can help" Velox says.

OOC: Yes the numbers are weight of items
DM
 GM, 516 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 08:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Are you guys heading back to town now?
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 214 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 13:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Umm... sure? I don't think there's a way to track a flying dragon, unless he's bleeding profusely.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 181 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 14:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Yarp, I would think so. I mean... there's pretty much no way for us to search more diligently for the treasure that these guys may or may not have buried, huh?

On the way back, Milander scours the area to see if the bandits might have paused to bury something before being killed.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 215 posts
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 01:11
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht aids Milander in his search as they head back to town.
DM
 GM, 531 posts
Sun 3 Feb 2019
at 21:51
Re: Exploring Hommlet
On the way back to town while exploring you find nothing buried that you can find, certainly not something hastily buried by these men before you encountered them.

Where are you heading in town?


Sorry if you saw the previous message, I forgot Elmo took the guy ahead :)

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:34, Mon 04 Feb.

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 187 posts
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 20:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
To whoever will give us money and glory for a job well done!
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 220 posts
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 22:07
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"We should go meet back up with Elmo," Albrecht suggested, heading back to town to find him.
DM
 GM, 538 posts
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 08:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You continue along the path back towards town, night has fallen but you make reasonably good time so far.

You are not far from town when you see Elmo coming back up the way. He notices you and comes immediately towards you.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 221 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2019
at 19:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Hail, friend! You missed a dragon! How did things go in town?" Albrecht asked as he approached Elmo.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 189 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2019
at 19:36
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man totters after Albrecht, his snake in tow. He seems grumpy... but that's not exactly unusual, and his grunt of acknowledgment as he gets within grunting greeting distance of Elmo is not his least friendly one. His grimace was practically a smile...
Elmo
 NPC, 42 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2019
at 08:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"It went well, I turned him over to Burne" Elmo says "Was heading back to see how you lot were doing. A dragon you say? Lucky you escaped I suppose."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 222 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2019
at 13:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"More like, lucky it escaped," the young man chuckled. "It was, admittedly, a very small dragon, likely only just recently hatched. But still," he grinned, obviously beaming with pride at his accomplishment of almost slaying a dragon. "We should try to find it if possible. It might lead us to some good treasure," he added. "Hopefully it's alone, though. I couldn't hope to handle mama dragon," he laughed.
Elmo
 NPC, 43 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2019
at 13:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Burne is wanting to meet with you tomorrow, I suppose about a reward for your efforts." Elmo tells you "The last big dragon in the area Rufus and Burne killed, though that was a five or six years ago. That might have given a younger dragon the opportunity to claim territory."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 190 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2019
at 15:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Foolish to underestimate a dragon, no matter how small. Inferior beings... always thinking themselves superior to that which is beyond their comprehension." the old man muttered.

"But with these fragile bodies... better to eliminate the threat before it hunts us down..." he said with a frown, chewing his mustaches thoughtfully.
Elmo
 NPC, 44 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 11:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"It would have the advantage with night upon us. They have darkvision and low light vision, even without those they can pinpoint your location. It would be wiser to return to town, rest for the night and set off in the morning, perhaps with a few more companions." Elmo cautions.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 191 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 17:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"And water is wet, the sky is blue, and most plants are green." Milander grunts in agreement. Evidently, this is what passed as a compliment for the old man. "But best to get paid for the work we did first. I'd rather not share whatever we find. That noble youngling hasn't likely had time to gather much, and I'm not a fan of splitting it."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 224 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 18:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht didn't look entirely pleased with the decision to wait, but he nodded all the same. "Alright then, let's get paid and get some rest," he agreed, as he headed towards Burne's place.
DM
 GM, 542 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 06:20
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You move towards town and see that Burne's tower has still the light of torches glowing in one of the windows. However the guards seem to be guarding the way.

Elmo motions farther down the road "Burne said to meet him on the morrow, let us head to the Welcome Wench and rest and then on the morrow we'll get up and meet with him. Perhaps he'll have other work for us as well if he's able to pry information from the person."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 225 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 15:02
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"After the day we've had, I think we deserve a drink," Albrecht chuckled as he headed to the tavern.
DM
 GM, 544 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 12:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander are you following them?
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 192 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 13:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander grumbles, but follows, muttering something about wanting to try a hot beverage and get some meat for him (I believe Hesseth has eaten by now).
DM
 GM, 549 posts
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 10:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You guys are approaching town.

I was hoping to move us all together but now I have to see what Grollo is doing :), please be a bit patient and talk among yourselves as Kat and Gora have been :)
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 201 posts
Wed 8 May 2019
at 03:50
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander sits down and orders meat in his gravelly voice.
CO-DM
 GM, 5 posts
Wed 8 May 2019
at 16:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
There's some excitement going on in the inn, which Milander and Albrecht soon overhear, and is further explained when the serving wench Cyna brings over their orders, along with a free round of drinks.

"Did you help put out the fire, too?" she asks. "The barn caught on fire and those folks over there put it out before it was destroyed."

"The innkeeper gave a round of drinks to everyone as a reward."



((OOC: Everyone in this thread can now join the other group in the Prelude: Verbobonc to Hommlet thread.))