Exploring Hommlet.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 85 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 16:26
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi, Larmiun and Oren depart the chapel with the intention of talking to several townspeople. Velox departs with them, while he hopes to talk to Burne's Badgers his trek takes him in the same direction so for now he remains with the others to make the final leg into town.

Departing from the Chapel continuing along the road south into town you notice a rather modest cottage on the right. A couple of guard dogs look up and watch as you are walking from the porch of the cottage. They seem alert but are not growling or barking at you.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 10 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 18:48
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi looks at the cottage. It is tempting to just clap his hands, but he doesn't know what kind of man is inside. Would he command the dogs to attack? No, best bet is to just go on, to see if someone walks the street or go directly to the local tavern.

"Let's move on."
Velox
 player, 19 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 18:56
Exploring Hommlet
Velox considers the cottage for a moment, but nods in agreement with Ailishi, saying "Someone thinks there's something worth guarding within, but that's not really our problem right now..."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 19 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 20:34
Exploring Hommlet
"Agreed. Let's move on." He follow Ailishi and Velox, keeping an eye on the dogs just in case they decide to attack.
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 19 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 10:46
Exploring Hommlet
Oren passes by, giving the dogs an even appraisal, before following the others.
DM
 GM, 92 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 11:44
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Oren Stonebreaker (msg # 5):

As you pass by the dogs seeing that you aren't coming put their heads back down on the porch. Another dog comes around from the corner of the house to join his buddies. A middle aged human comes around the corner, seems to scoff in your direction as he enters his home.

You travel farther down and come to a forth in the road.

You can tell from here the left fork passes between two buildings, one is slightly smaller than the chapel and the other is larger. The larger one is mostly made of wood but seems to be in good order. The other slightly smaller than the chapel building seems to be of fine quality, as fine as you'd find in Verbobonc.

Down the right fork you see two buildings about the same size as the fine building but not as good a quality.

Do you take the right fork or the left fork?
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 11 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 10:26
Exploring Hommlet
The old man's reaction confirmed his suspiscion so Ailishi doesn't have any problem in letting him be.

"I think we should go to the right. I prefer to not deal with rich folks first."
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 20 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 10:52
Exploring Hommlet
Oren nods in agreement.  "Aye lad, I can see yer point.  It is the poor who suffer first, generally."  He spoke, following the young man.
DM
 GM, 94 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 12:23
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Oren Stonebreaker (msg # 8):

As you are discussing which way to go you see a guard patrolling coming from the left fork. He is dressed in chainmail, has a shield, longsword and longbow. His shield has what looks like a critter on it, maybe a Badger?

He takes notice of you and slows his stride a little as he approaches the fork.

"Good day" he calls out. "What brings you to Hommlet?"
Velox
 player, 20 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 16:18
Exploring Hommlet
Velox sees the armed and armored guard and steps forward. "Good sir, we are seeking to put an end to the bandit problem that has plagued the area. You aren't a part of the local militia, the Badgers, are you? I was hoping to speak with a representative and find out what is know about the bandits before we proceed with our hunt."

OOC: 08:54, Today: Velox rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Diplomacy.
Haric
 NPC, 1 post
 Burne's Badger
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 05:39
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Velox (msg # 10):

"I'm part of Burne's Badgers, but Burne's Badgers aren't the towns militia. We are in the service of His Most Worshipful Mage of Hommlett Burne. We do patrol town regularly as well as guard the construction site. Lord Rufus is the leader of Burne's Badgers." he responds.

He notes the blank looks he adds "If you want to talk to Lord Rufus you'll take the left fork here, go over the bridge, then when you come to the next fork take the left fork again and it'll fork again and stay to the left then keep going straight. The guard tower is just past the stonemason's home."
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 21 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 10:08
Exploring Hommlet
Oren tugs his beard slightly, before nodding his head.  "Aye, that sounds like the right and proper way to go about this.  By and by, have ye any thoughts on the bandits, Sir?  Besides the obvious hanging."  He spoke, being respectful of the Badger.  Maybe in the future he could forge them some proper weapons and armor...for a price of course.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 12 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 10:25
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi nods and pats Velox' back. "I think your road is the left one. I will go to the right. It has been a pleasure, Badger. I think we will see each other again soon."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:19, Fri 11 Aug 2017.

Velox
 player, 21 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 00:30
Exploring Hommlet
Velox nods to Ailishi and then bows his head to the Badger, "Thank you sir for your directions and your greeting. Might I have your name, should I get an audience with Lord Rufus, I would like to tell him what a capable Badger he has in you."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 21 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 14:33
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun follows Ailishi in silence after giving a respectful bow to the Badger. One thing is a lone priest, another thing is a member of a militia. He can afford to piss off the former, not the last.
DM
 GM, 101 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 15:29
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Larmiun Dol'Uten (msg # 15):

Haric moves to answer Oren's question "Bandits mostly seem to avoid town. There's a score or more of us Burne's Badgers, not to mention the local militia if they were to attack. We are simply to strong for them to attack here."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 22 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 03:47
Exploring Hommlet
"Too strong here? Are you not strong enough somewhere else?" The question is immediate, as if the Badger activated it with his words.
Haric
 NPC, 2 posts
 Burne's Badger
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 05:48
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Larmiun Dol'Uten (msg # 17):

"Well east of town, about a mile or so out on the low road towards Nulb" he says "Bandits are pretty active that way."
Velox
 player, 22 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 10:51
Exploring Hommlet
Velox could tell the Badger felt uncomfortable sharing his name, so he nodded his head in parting and followed the man's instructions to go to the Badger's HQ.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 14 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 12:24
Exploring Hommlet
"Seems like a good place to start then. Thank you very much... I am sorry, what is your name?"
Ailishi smiles to the Badger, trying to at least gain a connection with the organization.
Haric
 NPC, 3 posts
 Burne's Badger
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 13:05
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 20):

"My name's Haric." he responds, Velox having already left. "Is there anything else I could help you with?"
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 22 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 15:27
Exploring Hommlet
Oren shakes his head, following after Velox.  He does pause to nod his head in thanks as they continue on.
DM
 GM, 106 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 16:10
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Oren Stonebreaker (msg # 22):

Oren waited long enough to hear the name of the guard but then went after Velox (OOC Will move you to that thread)
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 15 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 21:14
Exploring Hommlet
"Good to know. I am Ailishi Urcmon and this is Larmiun Dol'Uten. We are pleased to meet you. Perhaps we can help each other in the future." He bows and resume his way on the right path.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 23 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 13:51
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun walks with Ailishi. When they are far enough he whisper to him "Think they are afraid of a little competition?"
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 16 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 22:51
Exploring Hommlet
"Maybe... let's talk to the judges. That way we will see how protected they feel."
He grins to Larmiun.
"Think Saralessa will have any problems?"
DM
 GM, 112 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 11:37
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 26):

Continuing on your way along the right fork of the path you come across a home on the right side of the road. The nicely painted sign shows a painted shield and a chest of drawers.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 24 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 23:29
Exploring Hommlet
"Have problems? Ailishi, Seralessa is problems."

Larmiun chuckles and continues walking. "Hey look. Maybe we can find friendly people here. I knock the door, you do the talking."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 17 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 10:25
Exploring Hommlet
"Let's do it." He fixes his clothes to be a little more presentable and waits.
DM
 GM, 120 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 10:54
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 29):

Larmiun knocks on the door.

A voice from within calls out "We're open, come on in!"
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 25 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 15:45
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun opens the door. "Good morning."
OOC: (Or is it afternoon?)
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 18 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 10:23
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi follows him to see who is insie. "Hello."
DM
 GM, 122 posts
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 11:24
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 32):

You enter a building whose purpose becomes more clear as you enter. This is the shop of the local cabinet maker. You see a man perhaps in his mid 20s working on finishing a small cabinet. Another fellow, perhaps sixteen or seventeen is already working on another project roughing out another cabinet.

"Good morning to you as well." the cabinet maker says. "I don't believe I've seen you here before, thinking of moving to town?"

OOC: It's mid morning.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 19 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 09:02
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi smiles to the man and bows. "Good morning good sir. It is a lovely town, but right now settling here is not the reason why we are here. My name is Ailishi Urcmon and this one here is Larmiun Dol'Uten. We are investigating the bandit problem that is punishing the roads around here. Can you tell us something about it?"

OOC:
05:54, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 22 using 1d20+8.  Diplomacy.

DM
 GM, 124 posts
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 16:06
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 34):

He looks up from his work "Banditry is bad east of the city, along the roads towards Caltaran and also the road towards Pelgaryn."

He shakes his head "Supplies from that route are very hard to get these days. It seems they get almost every caravan coming to or from here. Maybe one in five makes it through. Prices been skyrocketing. 20-30% more at the Trading post than just a couple years ago."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 26 posts
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 04:57
Exploring Hommlet
"They say that the Badgers and the city watch protect the town. So this protection... is not enough? They are building a castle nearby... It has to need supplies. Do they have the same problem?"
DM
 GM, 126 posts
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 05:19
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Larmiun Dol'Uten (msg # 36):

"Oh I believe most of the supplies for the castle come from the road to Verbobonc. That road is relatively safe." he responds.

"I know the guard tower went up pretty quick, and far as I can tell the castle is on schedule. I was able to make a fine cabinet for Burne when they first came to town. This one here is for the jeweler in town." he tells you
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 20 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 08:58
Exploring Hommlet
"That is good to know. What is your name, again?" Ailishi asks "You must be quite the craftman around for Burne want one of your cabinets."

"Have you heard something about the bandits? Rumours or something?"
Geoffry
 NPC, 1 post
 Tailor
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 10:08
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 38):

"My names Geoffry." the older man says, he then points over to the younger boy roughing out a cabinet "That's Gare."

"Well from what I hear about 10 years ago, when I was about Gare's age, there was a lot of Banditry in the area. However after that Battle folks talk about still it seemed to die down for a number of years. Then just as St. Cuthbert's chapel was finished what two three years ago, and then just after it the Guard Tower the bandits seemed to become active again. Hitting caravans regularly. They'll hit travelers too if they look to wealthy." Geoffry says.

"Burne's Badgers patrol town now and patrol up to a a mile out of town. That seems at least for now to keep the bandits away from Hommlet itself." he continues.

"From what I hear most of the attacks occur between Twilight Falls and Nulb, and then between Nulb and here, and going to the other road between here and Hummings End. They seem to favor hiding in the woods or marshland striking from cover. They typically target any guards in their initial attack from what I've heard, leaving poor merchants nearly defenseless. I think a couple of fellows arrive in town last night from a Caravan, they barely escaped with their lives. I think they are at the Welcome Wench. I don't remember their names one was Bulani though." He adds.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 21 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 19:48
Exploring Hommlet
He looks to Larmiun. "I think we have a new destination." He turns to Geoffy and smiles to him. "Thank you so much, Geoffry. You helped us a lot. We wish the best for you and Gare. We will go to Welcome Wench now."

He bows and heads out to Welcome Wench to see who is inside.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 27 posts
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 01:55
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun nods and bos his head before following Ailishi.

"This made me think. Bandits or pirates generally make poor merchants, farmers or animal breeders. Unless they get the food from caravans."
Geoffry
 NPC, 2 posts
 Tailor
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 10:16
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Larmiun Dol'Uten (msg # 41):

"Good to meet you fellows." Geoffry comments "I hope to see more of you, and consider settling here. It's quiet in town. Good trade routes when the bandits aren't about from the coast to the Kron Hill gnomes. Everyone needs a place to call home. Tell Ostler I said hello, he's the innkeeper."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 22 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 10:25
Exploring Hommlet
"Ostler... right. Thank you Geoffry. Who knows? Maybe we can make this a better town to live before we decide to settle."

Ailishi heads to the tavern to see what he can find there.
DM
 GM, 131 posts
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 13:03
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 43):

You leave the Cabinet shop and go back where you and Velox had separated continuing over the bridge. As you cross the bridge and start down the road you see a farmhouse on the left. There are two girls outside. One is churning milk into butter and the other seems to be engaged in washing clothes. They are probably in their mid teens. Both wave friendly to you.

Just ahead of the farm you see two shops across the street from one another. The one on the left has a wooden sign depicting a bag of wool and a loom. The other building has a place for a sign but seems to be missing a sign presently. The door of both places is open at the moment.

Do you wish to stop at these?
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 28 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 04:58
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun smiles to the girls and whispers to Ailishi. "Young ones. They may offer a view untainted by the worries of the adults." He says that even when he is barely older than them.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 23 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 10:43
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi smiles to the teenagers. "Hello girls. My name is Ailishi. This one is Larmiun. Can we ask you some questions? Don't worry, we won't ask you out." He winks at them.

"First of all, what are your names? And have you heard or seen something about the bandits of the area?"

OOC:
07:42, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 26 using 1d20+8.  Diplomacy.

DM
 GM, 134 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 11:32
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 46):

The two girls giggle and their cheeks turn red when Ailishi addresses them.

The girl churning the milk into butter says "I'm Alyn" and then pointing to her sister who is hanging clothes "That's Even".

Another girl comes out and she's probably not yet a teenager maybe 8 or 9, "And that's Stona".

Even then says "Ya, Pa and Allerd are part of the town militia. Since the guard tower finished town's pretty safe. They still practice though, even though I'm sure Lord Rufus and Lord Burne would dispatch any bandits quickly."

Alyn then continues "The bandits seem to attack those coming from the coasts directly to here, or from the Kron Hills to here. Also attack shipments out that way. I've heard they are mixed humanoids and goblinoids. Can you imagine that a human working with a bugbear?!"

Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 24 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 10:44
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi smiles to them, showing his white teeth.
"Some things are hard to believe. But we have yet to know the limits of the human being. You helped us greatly. I hope we can repay you soon, ladies." He bows to them. "Who is Allerd? Your brother?"
DM
 GM, 136 posts
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 11:00
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 48):

Even responds "Yeah, Alfred's our older brother. Him and pa are working the fields right now. You look almost as stout as he is."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 25 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 10:26
Exploring Hommlet
"Really? I hope he is not the jealous kind and find me talking to you then." Ailishi winks at them. "We have to go now, but it has been a pleasure to meet you, Alyn, Even and Stona."

He looks to Larmiun and moves his head, indicating him to walk with him.
DM
 GM, 140 posts
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 10:46
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 50):

The girls giggle. "Dinners at sundown" Alyn tells you as you depart.

Stona runs into the house screaming "Alyn's got suitor!, Alyn's got a suitor!"

Alyn's cheeks get a deeper red.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:10, Sun 27 Aug 2017.

Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 29 posts
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 14:14
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun looks at them and smiles. "Ailishi will be busy... but I will be there! I would love to have dinner with you!"

OOC: Just checking how much I can get with my Cha 8!
DM
 GM, 144 posts
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 09:11
Exploring Hommlet
Even responds "That's a shame, you are welcome to come to dinner as well. Perhaps you can persuade him to come with you."

Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 26 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 10:47
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi laughs. "Don't mind him girls. Nothing could prevent me to enjoy your company one more time!"
DM
 GM, 151 posts
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 10:32
Exploring Hommlet
The girls giggle back.

Are you leaving the girls now?
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 31 posts
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 10:42
Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Yep... the shop without a sign is intriguing.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 27 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 31 Aug 2017
at 10:36
Exploring Hommlet
OOC: That or the tavern.
DM
 GM, 154 posts
Thu 31 Aug 2017
at 10:56
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 57):

So witch do you go to, the building without a sign or the welcome wench?
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 28 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 10:37
Exploring Hommlet
Building without a sign... And then Welcome Wench
DM
 GM, 156 posts
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 11:20
Exploring Hommlet
You enter the small cottage without a sign and find it sparse within. There are a few robes and cloaks hung up. A man about thirty years old has a couple trunks he's rummaging through. He doesn't yet seem to notice you.

You also notice bolts of cloth and the tools of a tailor. On the counter of his shop is a light crossbow. He seems to be muttering to himself.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 29 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 10:26
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi looks at Larmiun, indicating him to block the exit before addressing the man.

"Good day to you, sir. My name is Ailishi Urcmon. This is Larmiun Dol'Uten. Are you too busy? I would like to ask you a few questions."
DM
 GM, 160 posts
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 11:13
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 61):

The man just about jumps up about three feet in the air despite his small size. He holds a hand to his chest "St Cuthbert be praised."

"My name's Elwic, come on in." he says after recovering from his fright "Sorry the shops not up and running yet, I've just moved from Verbobonc. I got my living quarters set up first. Now I'm just starting on my goods. I hope to have the shop up and running full steam soon. Are you in need of a cloak or robe, or perhaps a tabard?"
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 30 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 05:41
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi chuckles. "We need information, Elwic. I see you are well prepared." He points to the crossbow. "Did you find any problems in your way from Verbobonc? Do you know something about bandits?"
DM
 GM, 164 posts
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 05:48
Exploring Hommlet
"No problems on the road." he says "I've been here almost a week and not yet been invited to join the local militia. I'm well trained in the crossbow. I can shoot her almost as fast as a normal person can shoot a bow."

"I almost thought you were bandits sneaking up on me like that."
Elwic chuckles a little nervously "But I've been fortunate so far not to be bothered by the bandits. I think town is pretty safe, I wish they'd offer me a slot in the militia though. It takes more than brawn to win battles."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 32 posts
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 10:41
Exploring Hommlet
"That is impressive." Larmiun looks around. "So, you are a tailor that wants to be a militia and you think yourself as smart enough to be put above the rest of the unit..." He smiles to him as he rests his back on the wall. "You are a little more than just a tailor, right?"
DM
 GM, 167 posts
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 10:44
Exploring Hommlet
He shakes his head "No, no"

"I don't want to be an officer or anything, just a part of it. I think my crossbow skills would come in handy. I practice with it almost daily." he continues.

"Just a tailor I'm afraid."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 31 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 22:59
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi smiles and nods. "Well... then maybe we can help you show your skills in the future, Elwic. I am sure that if you help us, they will have no option but acknowledge your skills. We are going to hunt the bandits, and one more man is always welcome."

He offers Elwic his hand.
DM
 GM, 168 posts
Tue 5 Sep 2017
at 04:35
Exploring Hommlet

Elwic seems happy for a moment then sad.

"I can't leave my shop unattended to go outside of town to hunt them." Elwic says sadly "I'm more than willing to fight em if they come to town though, got to defend what's ours."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 33 posts
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 00:33
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun smiles. "It is all right Elwic. We understand. Still, I think you can become much more than just a tailor. Let's just say I see it in you."

He looks to Ailishi. "Shall we?"
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 32 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 04:08
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi puts his hands on Elwic's shoulder. "And I am sure you will defend it well. Have that crossbow ready at all times, my friend. You may need it sooner than you think."

He waves goodbye to Elwic and heads to the tavern.
DM
 GM, 169 posts
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 11:14
Exploring Hommlet
Elwic bids you farewell.

You then leave his little shop and continue along the road south. The Welcome Wench is a large structure, the biggest you've seen so far. There is a large wooden sign with a depiction of a smiling wench offering a beer on the outside. You notice that the Welcome Wench also has a stables.


You open the doors and enter:

This large place is bright and cheerful. It contains several rough-hewn tables and chairs, boards, and benches. Natural tree trunk pillars support the ceiling overhead, all dark with smoke and age.

A motley group of people is here. You see a couple of serving wenches, a potboy, what must be the barkeep/innkeeper and around eleven customers spread throughout the building.

Most of the customers, six of them, seem to be playing cards at the moment.

Three more are at the bar, and the remaining two at another table not far from the fireplace.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 34 posts
Thu 7 Sep 2017
at 05:17
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun goes to the bar and sits, asking for a drink. He looks around, trying to see who are the merchants or have signs of travelling a lot.

OOC:
02:16, Today: Larmiun Dol'Uten rolled 12 using 1d20+4.  Spot.

Ostler
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 7 Sep 2017
at 07:12
Exploring Hommlet
Ostler comes over and asks "What shall you have lad?"

Most of the people at the poker table seem to be travelers or merchants you believe.

One other person at the bar is a merchant. The others you believe are locals.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 33 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 7 Sep 2017
at 10:42
Exploring Hommlet
"Ale?" he asks to Larmiun and after he orders he looks at the people. "Who should we talk to first?"

Once Larmiun points someone, Ailishi takes his ale and walks to that table.

"Excuse me good sirs. My name is Ailishi Urcmon and this one is Larmiun Dol'Uten. Are you merchants? Can we ask you some questions?"

When he tries to sit, he pours some of the ale on his shirt. "Oh damn!"


OOC:
07:39, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 10 using 1d20+8.  Diplomacy.

Ostler
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 05:07
Exploring Hommlet
Ostler brings you an ale. "4 coppers son"

He notices that you were looking over "Watch that one." he says at the table. The man dealing the cards. "I'm sure he's a cheating but I haven't caught him yet."

Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 34 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 10:45
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi gave him a silver coin. "For my friend too, please. Andd that is good to know, thank you."


Once at the table he asks, "Can I have a sit among you?"
Ostler
 NPC, 3 posts
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 11:06
Exploring Hommlet

Ostler nods and gets a mug of Ale for Larmiun as well. He gives you your change of 2 cp.

(OOC: Which table are you going to the poker table or the couple that's flirting with one another?)
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 35 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 19:02
Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Poker table. We are looking for merchants :)
Furnok
 NPC, 1 post
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 21:55
Exploring Hommlet
"Of course, there is always room at the table for another." Furnok says "I'm Furnok of Ferd. I'm a treasure finder. Who might you be?"

He motions to a nearby chair for you to bring it to the table.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:59, Mon 11 Sept 2017.

Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 36 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 10:28
Exploring Hommlet
"I am Ailishi Urcmon. That over there is Larmiun Dol'Uten. Are you merchants by any chance? I would like to know where you come from and if you got attacked by the bandits."

He smiles and sits with them.
Furnok
 NPC, 2 posts
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 10:40
Exploring Hommlet

Furnok says "I'm just a traveler friend, not really a merchant. I do some dungeon delving now and then. Play cards in my spare time. I reckon I got here to Hommlet about four days ago. Traveling alone I was able to elude any of the bandits. I came along the road from Verbobonc. I didn't see any bandits but I was cautious."
DM
 GM, 177 posts
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 10:41
Exploring Hommlet
Some of the others look over you. You get a sense that some of them are merchants but they are perhaps afraid to discuss things openly.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 35 posts
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 18:05
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun gets closer to the group. "Traveler you say? You must have good reasons to travel alone in an área where bandits are known to attack. Is there a dungeon nearby?"



OOC:
12:27, Today: Larmiun Dol'Uten rolled 25 using 1d20+8.  Sense Motive.
 

Furnok
 NPC, 3 posts
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 18:59
Exploring Hommlet
"Well I've heard there are opportunities in this area so I came here to see if I could get in on the action is all. I was hoping to join up with a group, help em out. Cards is just to pass the time." Furnok says.

"I suppose an enterprising group could investigate Emridy Meadows. I do know where it is, but probably been picked clean over the last decade. Might be some armor or weapons there on the field still though."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 37 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 10:36
Exploring Hommlet
"Emridy Meadows? It doesn't sound like a dungeon." Ailishi chuckles. "Will these gentlemen join you there?"

He looks at the other who have remained in silence.
Furnok
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 10:40
Exploring Hommlet
"I doubt it, these are merchants and traders not adventuers." Furnok says. "You've never heard of Emridy Meadows? Famous battle took place about 10 years ago. It was where the forces of order and good met the forces of chaos and evil on the battlefield before the sacking of the Temple of Elemental Evil?"

Furnok looks at you a bit "I mean even Serten of the Circle of Eight died at the Battle along with thousands of lesser known folks."
DM
 GM, 179 posts
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 10:42
Exploring Hommlet
You can tell by the facial expressions and body language easily that the other men are not interested in adventuring. Looking on though you notice that the piles of coins in front of each is not so dissimilar. It appears if Furnok is cheating he's not getting rich doing it. His pile might have a gold or two more than the others.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 38 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 10:41
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi smiles. "You seem to know a lot about that battle. History is not a strong point of mine. Are you a bard?"


He then smiles to the other folks. "What about you? Did you have an encounter with bandits in your way here?"
Furnok
 NPC, 5 posts
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 12:06
Exploring Hommlet
"No nothing as fancy as a bard I'm afraid." Furnok responds "Just a simple treasure finder."
DM
 GM, 180 posts
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 12:08
Exploring Hommlet
"Why yes I was assaulted by the bandits" one gentleman says. "They shot my driver and my guard. If it wasn't for me quick thinkin and takin the reigns they'd of got me for sure."

"I come from Verbobonc, not seen any that way" another of the traders says.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 39 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 10:27
Exploring Hommlet
"How far away did you get attacked, good sir? And where do you come from? Could you defend all your goods?"

Then he speaks to the one who wasn't attacked. "Are you going to move soon?"
DM
 GM, 182 posts
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 11:49
Exploring Hommlet
"I'm from Narwell, we were attacked after we left Humming's End. We were attacked just after the road that goes south to Sheernobb just before we reached Hommlet." he says "We had to dumb some of the goods to make it here, we had to lighten the load or I wouldn't of made it. I think I got about half my load still. I'm heading to Verbobonc to sell but if I make it back home I'm not coming this way again unless the roads are cleared!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:51, Thu 14 Sept 2017.

Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 36 posts
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 14:49
Exploring Hommlet
"Could you see them in detail? Race, maybe a leader? Did they use only swords our could wield magic?"

Larmiun approaches to ask them and keep an eye on the "treasure finder".
DM
 GM, 184 posts
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 14:56
Exploring Hommlet
"They used a crossbow or bow to take out the driver I think, same with my guard who was riding with the driver." the man replies "They were giving chase, I saw swords and axes mostly I think. They were human I believe, least seemed to be."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 40 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 11:06
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi nods and looks back to Furnok. "Does this Temple of Elemental Evil still stand? At least as ruins? Where are those meadows?"
Furnok
 NPC, 6 posts
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 14:39
Exploring Hommlet

"Emridy Meadows, it's the meadow between the road from Hommlet to Nulb running from the road up to the Emridy's Run river." Furnok says. "As for the Temple, I don't know where it is, it is said that it was sacked, and I presume destroyed but I suppose some remnant of it remains but where I don't know. The Battle of Emridy Meadows was before the sacking of the Temple, so it would have to be north along the road from the Battle I suppose."


OOC: Velox and Oren arrive at the Welcome Wench about this time.
Velox
 player, 46 posts
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 12:04
Exploring Hommlet
Velox entered the Welcome Wench and saw his traveling companions at a table engaged with a few travelers or tradesmen. He'd had his own fill of talking to strangers for the time being so he went up to the bar and ordered an ale.
Ostler
 NPC, 4 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 09:35
Exploring Hommlet
Ostler nods at the request and gets a mug of ale for Velox stating as he puts it down "That'll be four coppers sir."

He notes Velox interest in the goings on at the table. "Know any of those fellows?"
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 37 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 04:27
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun nods. "Well, I think that would  be all. Except... Furnok, if we are going to pay a visit to that temple, would you join us? It seems you are the one who knows the most of it."
Furnok
 NPC, 7 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 10:01
Exploring Hommlet
"I'd be delighted to join you. However I'm not sure of where the Temple itself was. I'd be happy to accompany you on your adventures for an equal share of the treasure." he says seemingly happy to have something to do other than play cards. "When do you plan to leave?"
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 41 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 10:29
Exploring Hommlet
"As soon as we have a clue that links the bandits to your temple. Otherwise... there isn't much a point. Now, if you excuse us."

Ailishi gives a look to Larmiun and then goes to see Velox. "Any luck?"
Velox
 player, 48 posts
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 14:36
Exploring Hommlet
Velox hands the barkeep the 4 coppers for the ale and nods in the affirmative at the question.

When Ailishi approaches he says, "Indeed. We should make all speed to leave. A local druid, a man named Jaroo, has a young apprentice who has been lost investigating some ruins. The ruins are a moathouse that once belonged to the Temple of Elemental Evil. It was a lookout for the Temple. With the Battle of Emridy Meadows the moathouse was bypassed. They later struck it on the way out but much of it remains. It would make a formidable base for bandits if that is where they are located, or so the druid seemed to think. It is located along the low road towards Nulb. About half a days walk in a marshy section of land. There are giant frogs there that can swallow a man. Anyway, the road forks at that point and if you take the right fork it will lead you to the ruins. That section of road though is not well maintained these days, only the left fork is."

He took a breath, not realizing how much he'd just spoken in trying to recap what they'd learned.

"Oh and we met Lord Rufus and Burne the Wizard. Anyone who can cast arcane spells has been offered assistance with scrolls or a spell exchange. They support our mission and only ask that we report to them whenever possible what we've found."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 38 posts
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 15:57
Exploring Hommlet
"And even when they knew all that they never went to explore themselves. Interesting." Larmiun caresses his chin.
Ostler
 NPC, 5 posts
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 05:50
Exploring Hommlet
"Jaroo's a good fellow." Ostler says "He's headed the circle here for over a decade. He's strong in the Old Faith."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 42 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 10:25
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi looks at Furnok. "Seems we know where is your temple now." he turns to the barkeeper. "And what circle is that?"
Ostler
 NPC, 6 posts
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 11:04
Exploring Hommlet
Oslter gives out a hearty laugh as he responds "The Druid's Circle of course. The circle here is part of the Grand Druid of the Gnarley Forest domain."
Furnok
 NPC, 8 posts
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 11:06
Exploring Hommlet
Furnok gathers his cards. "Well gentlemen seems I have treasure to find. Been nice playing with ya'll."

He scoops the coins into his belt pouch.

Then he heads over to where you are "Well I can be ready in just a bit, just need to get a few things from the room.".

He tosses Ostler a few coins "I'll need my room for another night good fellow."
Ostler
 NPC, 7 posts
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 11:09
Exploring Hommlet
Ostler looks at Furnok roughly but takes the coins "As you wish sir."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 43 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 21:55
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi nods "We just got here. Let's not rush and wait till tomorrow to begin our incursion. Besides, we must wait for the others."
Velox
 player, 49 posts
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 02:13
Exploring Hommlet
Velox stared at the Aishii and said, "Did I stutter when I mentioned that Jaroo's apprentice was in grave danger. Forgive me if I did. I for one will be setting out with all haste to see if there is any aid we can offer the boy."
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 38 posts
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 07:43
Exploring Hommlet
Oren listens intently, before speaking.  "Easy lad, tis best not to rush off and forget something that can be avoided with a little preparation.  When the others are ready, so shall we be."  He spoke calmly, ready to be off, but knowing that patience is a dwarven virtue.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 44 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 10:29
Exploring Hommlet
"No boy is sent to explore an evil ruin, Velox. And noone lost in an evil ruin survives for long. Your boy is surely dead by now, but you are free to be our scout in the matter. Others can wait and have the benefit of numbers."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 39 posts
Thu 28 Sep 2017
at 23:10
Exploring Hommlet
"Hey... wait." Larmiun intercedes. "Is there a bonus if we find the boy?"
Velox
 player, 51 posts
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 02:05
Exploring Hommlet
Velox is appalled at the interjections from those he's teamed up with and he drinks his ale, silently stewing at the thought of waiting around while a boy was dying, being tortured or worse...
Elmo
 NPC, 5 posts
Sat 30 Sep 2017
at 15:14
Exploring Hommlet
The door opens and you see a strong young man come in and his kinda zig zagging to a table. He sees you all gathered and before taking a seat zig zags over to you. "Hello, My name's Elmo!"

"I'm lookin for some work as a man at arms, I need me some money to buy some ale." Elmo says "I just need some armor and an ax and half a share of treasure."
Ostler
 NPC, 8 posts
Sat 30 Sep 2017
at 15:15
Exploring Hommlet
Ostler rolls his eyes at Elmo's entrance but keeps quiet.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 45 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 10:42
Exploring Hommlet
"That seounds like a lot, Elmo. How do we know you are worth it?" Ailishi quickly replies. He seems like a fool... but he has been doing foolish things so why not at least consider him?
Elmo
 NPC, 6 posts
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 14:33
Exploring Hommlet
"My brother's an adventurer!" Elmo exclaims "He's showed me a thing or two. He gave me this knife too."

Elmo shows off his knife which looks to be of exquisite manufacturing. "I've been helpin me dad the last few years in the militia too, so I got me some experience."

There is the smell of alcohol on Elmo's breath.
Ostler
 NPC, 9 posts
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 14:36
Exploring Hommlet
Ostler shakes his head at Elmo's comments. He dourly says "His brother gave em that knife six months ago, no one's seen em since. Boys to eager to find his own grave if ye ask me"
Elmo
 NPC, 7 posts
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 14:39
Exploring Hommlet
Elmo smiles a big dumb grin "He's fine!" he declares in protest to Ostler

"He was going to the pomarj last we heard. I'm sure he's getting rich pounding orcs and hobgoblins!"

He then turns to you "Well before I get a share you can take the cost of the armor and axe out of me first half share, until they are paid of course."
Furnok
 NPC, 9 posts
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 14:41
Exploring Hommlet
Furnok seems to look over young Elmo putting in "He looks plenty strong, if nothing else he could help us carry the treasure."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 40 posts
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 19:39
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun has his own thoughts about men whose primary purpose for money is to spend it in alcohol.
"Maybe next time. We don't know what we can expect there."
Elmo
 NPC, 8 posts
Wed 4 Oct 2017
at 16:04
Exploring Hommlet
Elmo looks a bit dejected but heads over to a table and orders himself an ale, apparently he still has enough for one cup.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 46 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 10:24
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi looks at Larmiun, silently chastising him for being so blunt. He follows Elmo to his table and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Hey... nice dagger. Can I see it?"
Elmo
 NPC, 9 posts
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 07:08
Exploring Hommlet
"Sure" Elmo says producing the dagger and laying it on the table "My brother Otis gave it to me."

The dagger looks to be made of steel, the pommel has ivory wrapped with some leather. All in all it looks well made.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 47 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 10:28
Exploring Hommlet
"Very good, Elmo. Did your brother buy it here or did her find it somewhere?"
Elmo
 NPC, 10 posts
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 05:51
Exploring Hommlet
"He found it" Elmo says with a big grin. "He was out looking around out at the Meadows, said he found it there. He gave it to me to hold onto til he got back."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 48 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 09:13
Exploring Hommlet
"At the meadows! What a coincidence!" Ailishi looks at the others. "Did your brother tell you where he was going after that?"
Elmo
 NPC, 11 posts
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 13:04
Exploring Hommlet
"No he didn't just that he was going west for while, that he'd be in touch soon" Elmo says.
DM
 GM, 207 posts
Thu 12 Oct 2017
at 05:39
Exploring Hommlet
The rest of the party arrives back (I posted the other day they could post here, but hoopefully this spurs some movement)
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 53 posts
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 06:26
Exploring Hommlet
"So you got yourself in the nearest tavern while I was outside working my butt out!" Seralessa shouted as she hold the door open, her eyes staring to Larmiun and Ailishi but her words directed to anyone of the group in the tavern.
"Why did I expect otherwise?"
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 59 posts
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 15:40
Exploring Hommlet
"She never stops talking, does she?" the young man asked, his pickets jingling with fresh coins.
Himo
 player, 58 posts
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 19:39
Exploring Hommlet
"It would seem she never runs out of energy."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 52 posts
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 19:42
Exploring Hommlet
"Yes, hatchlings are always energetic, but this one more than most." the old man says, his hawkish face permanently etched in discontent, though currently of a less intense variety. Turning to the others he says, "So what trouble did you folks run into? You lot find some dead bodies too?"
Velox
 player, 55 posts
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 00:56
Re: Exploring Hommlet
When the others joined them, Velox spoke up echoing much of what he'd told those who'd arrived before him. "We met Lord Rufus and Burne the wizard. They extended an offer to any of the arcane spellcasters in our group to assist us with a few scrolls. They are in support of our mission."

He paused and then added, "We should make all speed to leave. A local druid, a man named Jaroo, has a young apprentice who has been lost investigating some ruins. The ruins are a moathouse that once belonged to the Temple of Elemental Evil. It was a lookout for the Temple. With the Battle of Emridy Meadows the moathouse was bypassed. They later struck it on the way out but much of it remains. It would make a formidable base for bandits if that is where they are located, or so the druid seemed to think. It is located along the low road towards Nulb. About half a days walk in a marshy section of land. There are giant frogs there that can swallow a man. Anyway, the road forks at that point and if you take the right fork it will lead you to the ruins. That section of road though is not well maintained these days, only the left fork is."

He looked to the others and hoped they would have a more immediate reaction than those he'd told this tale too first.
Himo
 player, 60 posts
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 03:05
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"How long ago was the apprentice lost? And how sure are they the apprentice made it to that particular ruin in the first place? Could have fallen pray to bandits or other dangerous of the forrest. Still they may need our help. Come to think of it we found a body did we not?"
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 41 posts
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 05:41
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Hey! We made our investigations!" Larmiun stands up to her. "And I dare to say that we know now a little more of our enemies! Not to say free dinner."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 55 posts
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 07:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa immediately turns to her previous companions. "No... the problem is that you have too little energy."

But when she hears Larmiun's words her face immediately brights up in a very condescending way. "Oh my goodness! Free dinner! I wonder what you did to the keeper of this tavern to achieve such a great reward!"

She looked at Velox for a short while, allowing him to continue. Druids are not known to manage money.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 49 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 10:28
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi hits the back of Larmiun's head.

"We didn't do anything to the owner of this tavern except paying the drinks he gave us. Larmiun and me were invited to dinner with other people. And given that they are not people of power or money, we can't impose more guests to them."
He bows his head, hoping everyone will understand.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 58 posts
Sun 15 Oct 2017
at 22:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Oh! And who are these people who invited you despite being such humble persons? And why?"

Seralessa takes a seat on their table, with a curious smile on her face, putting her elbows on the table and holding her face on her hands.

"Tell me."
Elmo
 NPC, 12 posts
Mon 16 Oct 2017
at 10:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Elmo notices Seralessa and calls out to her "Hello Seralessa, it's me Elmo. I'm still available for hire as a man at arms if you need someone. I still need some armor and an axe". He doesn't get up seeming to nurse his mug of ale.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 59 posts
Mon 16 Oct 2017
at 22:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
She smiles to him. "Hello Elmo. Let me think about it, OK?"
Elmo
 NPC, 13 posts
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 08:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Okay" Elmo says with a bit of a sigh.
Ostler
 NPC, 10 posts
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 08:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ostler looks at the newcomers "What will ye have to drink?"

His question seems to be centered on those that had arrived from flower hunting.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 42 posts
Tue 17 Oct 2017
at 23:04
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun receives the hit on the back of his head and immediately turns to Ailishi. "Hey!"

Looking back to Seralessa, he explains. "We are going to have dinner with two members of the town militia and their families. They seem to have dealt with them in the past and probably can provide useful information."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 50 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 04:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi looks at Seralessa and then to Elmo. And he has a little idea. But it can wait a moment.

"Yes... We can be facing goblinoids working side by side with humans. There can be other races. The more we know, the more we can prepare to go to that place."
Himo
 player, 64 posts
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 18:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Goblins."

Himo has trouble hiding his disdain.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 54 posts
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 12:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Milander stares off into space as they discuss things, saying, "And what of the bandits?"
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 60 posts
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 06:50
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa looks at the eyes of Larmiun and Ailishi and smirks. "Good job then."

She turns to the bartender. "Not much... but how much it is a meal here? Do you have available rooms?"
Ostler
 NPC, 11 posts
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 14:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Ah yes my lass" Ostler says "I do indeed have some rooms. I assume you'd want a private room. My bottom line private room will cost you 2 gp per night and my best available one at this time is 5 gp a night."

"As for a meal we have a few choices here at dinnertime, our plain dinner is 5 sp, our elaborate dinner is 1 gp, and we offer a 7 course dinner for 2 gp. Drinks not included. We have a wide variety of drinks for cheap ale at 4 cp a mug" he distinctly looks in Elmo's direction "To a Furyondian Emrald Pale wine that's 4 gp a pint to a Velunan Fireamber wine that's 5 platinum a pint"
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 61 posts
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 16:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa keeps staring at the tavern keeper. "And a shared bedroom with a locker?"
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 66 posts
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 17:33
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht listens to the room rates, pulling out the coins they had found on the dead bodies. "All of you can have your share of this loot we found on the spiders, as you all were busy doing other tasks while we were slaying them. I don't know how much they got for the flowers, but hopefully they will split that all up as well," he commented, giving everyone whatever the agreed upon splitting of the loot was which I can't currently remember.
Himo
 player, 65 posts
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 17:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Two gold per night? Faerie feathers! I have to sit down."

Himo pulls out a stool and sits on it, his hand resting on his chest.
Ostler
 NPC, 12 posts
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 20:30
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Well there is Dormitory Sleeping Room, it can hold a maximum of 12 people. It is 5 sp a person per night. Hot water provided for morning ablutions, as well as hot tea and bread at no extra charge in the morning." Ostler says.

Ostler's prices are a bit high you notice at least from travel you've had before but then again he doesn't have any competition within 2 days travel.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 51 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 23 Oct 2017
at 10:25
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Eoral opens his eyes wide at the sight of the coin. "Well... thank you!" He says and begins to count them.

OOC:
How much for each one then?

Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 62 posts
Tue 24 Oct 2017
at 03:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa takes her purse and offers the coins the priest gave to her. "Add this to the pool if we are going to share everything."
Velox
 player, 60 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 02:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox stood and said, "Ok everyone, enough is enough. I'm going to head out to the area that was described to me. I'd love the company of those who'd agreed to join me in this quest against the bandits, but if you're going to worry about drink and food when there are lives at stake, then catch up when you can. Now who's with me?"
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 63 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 04:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa nods to Velox and turns to Ailishi and Larmiun. "I suppose you will come back here to sleep? Or have these good soldiers also offered you shelter for the night?"
Furnok
 NPC, 10 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 05:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Well I'll be happy to join you good sir, for an equal share of any treasure we find." Furnok responds quickly.
Elmo
 NPC, 14 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 05:56
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Elmo responds "Well I'll go with you if you can get me some armor and an axe, I'll only take half share since I need equipment of whatever we find."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 53 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 10:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"So far we haven't been invited to rest there for the night. So I guess we will use two beds in that common room."

He looks to the others. "If the interrogation is over... can we have a drink in peace? I am sure everyone can use a rest. Everyone except that good fellow, of course." he says pointing to Velox.

"Best of lucks, pal."
Himo
 player, 67 posts
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 21:32
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Lives are always at danger I'm sure you have eaten and rested at some point. Do we have knowledge of people being under duress at this very moment?"
Velox
 player, 62 posts
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 00:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox said to those who volunteered, "Sure, come along, we can stop by the smith's on the way out of town. Oh and, Burne approved those who were with me for this trip, so someone from those who want to lollygag around here may want to go ask permission from Burne as well..."

And with that he left the tavern and headed to the blacksmith’s home, not looking back to see who would follow.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 68 posts
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 01:20
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"We might as well go with him. Gotta get this show on the road eventually," Albrecht commented, following after Velox.
Himo
 player, 69 posts
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 05:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"How do you plan on adventuring endlessly with no rest? You understand that our spellcasters need rest to regain spells?"
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 64 posts
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 08:07
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa puts a hand on Elmo's shoulder. "Good for you! It seems you have given the first step into enjoying a lot of adventures, just like your brother!"
DM
 GM, 214 posts
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 14:25
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox, Elmo, and Furnok leave with Albrecht not far behind.
Himo
 player, 71 posts
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 19:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Hey 'old' man, how long do you need for your magic to recover?"

Himo considers that the young female probabaly has all the energy she needs to continue adventuring the evening.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 55 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 1 Nov 2017
at 07:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi sees the time passing by. "Hey Larmiun. Get ready. We have a dinner to enjoy."
Ostler
 NPC, 13 posts
Wed 1 Nov 2017
at 08:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"So what will you lot be having?" Ostler asks.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 56 posts
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 15:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The Old Man, his hood pulled low over his face, snores loudly in response to Himo's question, having evidently fallen asleep at some point between rounds.

OOC: If someone wakes me up and "fills me in" the Old Man will need 8 hours of rest to recover his spells. :p
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 65 posts
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 19:02
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa looks at the old man and chuckles. "Lucky him... he won't need to pay for a room." Then she look to the tavernkeeper. "I will have the cheapest thing I can get for dinner."
Ostler
 NPC, 14 posts
Fri 3 Nov 2017
at 10:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"So one plain dinner for the lass and a cup of ale, I'll get that ready while the others decide." Ostler says moving to work on his stove top.
Himo
 player, 73 posts
Fri 3 Nov 2017
at 22:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Do you have anything that's all fruits nuts and vegetabls?"
Ostler
 NPC, 15 posts
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 08:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Aye lad I can get you that, since you aren't having meat be the same cost as a plain dinner. What will ye have to drink" Ostler responds while he's starting to ladle out Saralessa's meal.
Himo
 player, 75 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 01:32
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Oh water please, can't go getting tipsy if I"m to adventure in the morning."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 43 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 06:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun stands up. "I wish you all a good meal. I am going to get mine now." He follows Ailishi to the soldiers' house.
DM
 GM, 226 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 16:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi and Larmiun leaves the Welcome Wench and head back up the road. (OOC: New thread for you guys).

Ostler prepares both Saralessa's meal and Himo's meal putting them before them. "That'll be 5 silver each and well 4 coppers for ale the lady has."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 58 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 17:02
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man continues to snore softly, either exhausted or simply napping in the way that older humans do, seemingly oblivious to the interactions and people leaving around him.

OOC: Pretty much I need my 8 hours of sleep, and I'm an old man, so... yeah. :p
Himo
 player, 77 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 23:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Himo hands 5 Silver to the server, as sliding money to someone is for shady business not legal type!

"Thank you that was ready rather quickly"
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 67 posts
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 06:50
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Wow..., you won't drink anything with that?"
Himo
 player, 79 posts
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 06:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"yes I will drink water."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 68 posts
Mon 13 Nov 2017
at 06:58
Re: Exploring Hommlet
After the meal, Seralessa goes to sleep. She may come down with a blanket to put on the poor old man.
Ostler
 NPC, 16 posts
Mon 13 Nov 2017
at 08:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ostler notes Seralessa brining Milander a blanket "Hey if he's sleeping he's got to pay!"
Himo
 player, 82 posts
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 20:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Fair enough but this is hardly a comfortable room I think he should get a reduced rate..."

*wipes at his lips with some type of napkin*

"Food is good by the way."
Ostler
 NPC, 17 posts
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 11:41
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ostler smiles at Himo's compliment "Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it."

He thinks a moment "I suppose if he sleeps down here on the floor a silver will cover it but I'm not responsible if anyone takes off with his stuff, I'll be asleep myself after dark, I'm not a golem afterall."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 60 posts
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 14:21
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man continues to snore softly, his face far more peaceful and content than when he was awake.
Himo
 player, 83 posts
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 18:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Hands the fellow another Silver coin.

"My skills as a negotiator are unappreciated!"
DM
 GM, 233 posts
Mon 20 Nov 2017
at 12:51
Re: Exploring Hommlet
(We can move to morning but you still can't make it to the moathouse before I find out what the others are doing :) )
DM
 GM, 244 posts
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 09:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet
It is morning and you are waking up :)
Himo
 player, 89 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 06:20
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Himo prays briefly again and gathers his things, going down to the main area to wait on the others as well as check on the old man.
DM
 GM, 248 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 13:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander is still snoring where you left him last night when you come downstairs.
Himo
 player, 90 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 00:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Decissions decissions, do I let him sleep or wake him up....old Humans need their rest, and soft foods."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 70 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 07:25
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"We also need breakfast." Seralessa adds taking a seat next to the old man.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 61 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 15:57
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man seems content and peaceful, his hawkish face for once placid and serene as he snuggles contentedly against the blanket that had been placed on him. In fact, he seemed more agreeable asleep than he had ever seemed while awake.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 71 posts
Sat 2 Dec 2017
at 07:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Should we order a hot infusion and hot bread, Himo?" She looks at the stairs, waiting for the two good for nothing she has been traveling with to walk down.
Himo
 player, 91 posts
Sat 2 Dec 2017
at 20:41
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Myself I usually don't eat first thing when I get up, I'm more of an early lunch type. but suit yourself, the old man will sleep until we wake him I believe."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 72 posts
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 17:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Can we have a glass of water for the old man too, please?"
Himo
 player, 92 posts
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 21:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Is that for him to drink to wake up or are you going to pour it on him because....."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 73 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 05:50
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa splashes the water on the old man's face. "Rise and shine, old man! It is a wonderful day!"
DM
 GM, 251 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 13:01
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The common room upstairs had hot rolls.

Hot infusion is just hot water to take a bath in using clean cloth an towell :).

Water is free.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 62 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 15:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man starts and splutters, waking abruptly as he wipes the water from his face. Glaring at the girl the old man growls, "Hatchlings are always biting off more than they can swallow. You'll regret this." he says, his voice growing icy calm.

Looking about to get his bearings, the Old Man says, "I need some breakfast, and then weren't we supposed to be killing something?" he asks bruskly, ordering whatever meat was available.
Himo
 player, 93 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 19:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I was under the impression we were to rescue someone. tho we might have to kill someone else to rescue the other so there is hope...."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 74 posts
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 07:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Oh well... just make sure I won't be able to act on my regret then, old man."
She sits and calmly eats her breakfast.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 63 posts
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 14:57
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man will read his book as he eats, chuckling and nodding to himself as he points to an entry within saying, "Yes... that should do nicely." he says shooting an ugly smile at the precocious rogue.

The old man then frowns at Himo. "I hope you are right. Rescuing some fool that got themselves caught seems like a bad idea in principle, but gold's gold. No good is going to come from messing with that temple though, mark my words."
Himo
 player, 94 posts
Thu 7 Dec 2017
at 08:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Having something bad happen to you dosn't mean you are some fool. Or did some 'fool' get water dumped on himself a few moments ago?"

Himo reaches up and taps his temple with a finger to indicate thought.

"mmmmm havn't thought of it that way did you?"
Ostler
 NPC, 18 posts
Thu 7 Dec 2017
at 10:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Well what do you want for breakfast. The rolls and such are free up in the common room, you want more than that you'll have to pay." Ostler says.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 64 posts
Thu 7 Dec 2017
at 15:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man glares and says darkly,"You live long enough and you learn the difference between a hatchling making a foolish decision that will be addressed when they least expect it, and a fool who gets themselves captured." before turning to the innkeeper. Meat. Rare enough it was just scared by the fire. And lots of it."
Himo
 player, 95 posts
Fri 8 Dec 2017
at 07:16
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Ugh rare meat, Ill go have a roll and some water thanks."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 75 posts
Fri 8 Dec 2017
at 15:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Bread, some tea and dry meat, please." She says to the innkeeper with a smile.

"When they least expect it? You should hurry then, old man. At your age, you can't afford to be patient." She giggles while she waits for breakfast.
Ostler
 NPC, 19 posts
Sat 9 Dec 2017
at 12:34
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Himo goes to the buffet table upstairs and easily finds rolls and water to feed himself.

Ostler looks at the mad wizard a bit "Rare you say, aren't you worried about worms? No sirree we won't have it rare here, I'll leave it a little pink for you but I'm not having you get worms and blame ole Ostler"

He puts some meat in his skillet to warm. While that's sizzling he gets some jerkey and tea for Seralessa. "That'll be 5 sp each."

He turns over the meat and seems satisfied after about 3 minutes when he plates it and puts it before Milander
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 75 posts
Tue 26 Dec 2017
at 18:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man raises a bushy eyebrow at Seralessa, but Ostler drops the plate in front of him before he can reply. With a grunt he slaps the 5 silver onto the table as he grabs the meat with his other hand, holding it onto the plate as he rips at it with his teeth, clearly enjoying himself. "Not bad. A bit overcooked but still plump and juicy." he says in between bites, for once genuinely pleased.

Finishing quickly he wipes his face with his sleave and stands up abruptly. "Well, what're we waiting around here for? We got things to do!"
DM
 GM, 279 posts
Wed 27 Dec 2017
at 12:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi and Larmiun come downstairs to join the rest of the crew having arrived later after their meal and slept.

The party is fed, so where hall you go?
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 76 posts
Wed 27 Dec 2017
at 20:04
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man, makes his way to the man called "Burne", muttering vaguely about young hot-heads tearing off and getting themselves killed.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 78 posts
Fri 29 Dec 2017
at 17:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa hits the table as soon as she sees Larmiun and Ailishi walking down the stairs.
"It was time for you to wake up! What did you find with your soldier?"
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 51 posts
Sat 30 Dec 2017
at 19:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Some news." Larmin says as he walks down the stairs and goes to the table.

"I would like some bread and tea and maybe a ration for the road?. By the way, Geoffry sends his regards." He asks the innkeeper, not liking to stuff his stomach too early.

"As I was saying our enemy seems to have a banner of sorts. A black hand is painted in their shields and armors. Do that rings you a bell? We may find some hobgoblins among the bandits for sure. About this temple, it has been sealed. At least the lower levels. Which means it is definitely the kind of place a group of bandits would take as a base."
Ostler
 NPC, 20 posts
Tue 2 Jan 2018
at 05:30
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ostler motions upstairs then says "There's a whole table of bread upstairs, how'd you miss that. Tea is available though for five coppers. You wanting a days ration for the road? I can fix you up a day's rations for six silvers."

He is pouring a cup of tea. The tea is hot you can tell and plenty dark. He puts a small container of cream near it
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 52 posts
Wed 10 Jan 2018
at 04:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun happily pays to Ostler.

"We should prepare to leave as soon as possible. So noone has ever heard of the Black Hand?"
Ostler
 NPC, 21 posts
Wed 10 Jan 2018
at 08:22
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ostler shakes his head negatively. "I've not heard of one using such, certainly would not portend well, a Black Hand, seems to me might be evil in nature."

Has anyone left yet or asked directions to where they might find Burne?
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 78 posts
Thu 11 Jan 2018
at 21:07
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: I had, but I'll do whatever to make it easy.


At the new commotion, the old man stops in his tracks and impatiently makes his way back to the others, still grumbling. "Buncha thieves and cut throats are mixed up in this temple too? No good will come of it. You hatchlings are definitely in over your head." he says, glaring at all of them.

Then grinning evilly he says, "But they'll have items of power and knowledge aplenty. Big risk, but even bigger reward. No where can we find this Burne character so that we can get clear directions on where we can find our pay day?"
DM
 GM, 286 posts
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 14:03
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PM
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 80 posts
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 06:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"We can always ask." Seralessa says and turns to Ostler. "Excuse me, do you know where we can find Burne?"
Ostler
 NPC, 22 posts
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 07:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Of course I do m'lady. When you leave the Wench go north til you come to the first fork in the road, take the right fork. Go past the blacksmiths and there will be another fork in the road, take the left fork. Just stay on that til you come to the tower, Burne and Rufus will no doubt be in the tower at this time of morning." Ostler tells Seralessa.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 69 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 10:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi gets ready and also buys a ration from Ostler. "Maybe we should just go find Velox and the others. He said he already met Burne, after all."
DM
 GM, 287 posts
Fri 19 Jan 2018
at 12:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ostler sales the ration.

(What are the rest of you up to? I had been waiting to respond hoping others would post first :) )
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 79 posts
Fri 19 Jan 2018
at 17:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to DM (msg # 225):

Milander is waiting for everyone so that they can go meet Burne.
DM
 GM, 290 posts
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 07:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: I hope you guys don't mind but I'm going to move you along some.

Having finished breakfast and got enough supplies for the day the party leaves the Welcome Wench and head's to the guardtower to have their own meeting with Burne. They follow the directions of Ostler and easily find the proper path following his directions. As you come upon the construction site you see men unloading a couple of wagons that must have arrived late yesterday or early today. A guard seeing you asks of your business and directs you to the tower.

Following the path you come to Burne's Guard Tower and are ushered into the main hall by a member of Burne's Badgers. At a desk you see a man younger than you expected he seems to be going through some papers. He has no obvious weapons. A quick eye shows him to be physically fit though, more so than your typical wizard.

After a moment he looks up towards you.
Burne
 NPC, 4 posts
 His Most Worshipful Mage
 of Hommlett
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 07:16
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Burne smiles as he looks up. "Can I help you adventurers?"
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 70 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 10:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi nods and bows his head. "Greetings Burne. I am Ailishi Urcmon. With me, Larmium Dol'Uten, Seralessa Vadmal, Milander Vos Drago and Himo. We have been appointed by Viscount Wilfrick to hunt down the bandits of the area. We would like to know what advice or useful information you can give us to finnish our task."

OOC:
07:24, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 11 using 1d20+8.  Diplomacy.

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 80 posts
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 16:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Mind? You'll get an open mouth kiss from me DM!

Hesseth catches up to Milander along the way, and the old man cautions the snake to not bite anyone and wait outside until he is done talking to the "Hatchling in charge". Inside, the old man looks around at everything, including the paperwork Burne was working on but says nothing, letting the others handle the "pleasantries".
DM
 GM, 291 posts
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 19:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Burne looks over you then says with a hint of superiority "I had another group of adventurers just yesterday asking for assistance. I'll tell you as I told them, we are willing to assist as we can. However my obligation to Hommlett and seeing this fortress built prevents me from actively adventuring as I have in the past. I know the Viscount has placed a bounty for bandit scalps, you may come here to the tower to collect that bounty rather than traveling all the way back to Verbobonc. I can also help with some scrolls of an arcane nature from time to time. I might also be willing to trade a spell or two with a wizard for standard fees."

He pauses a moment looking at Milander then continues "The road to Verbobonc seems to stay clear enough. It is the roads east of town that seem to have the most attacks. The attacks have been growing and trade is down to a trickle in that direction. If their base is to be found it probably would have to have easy access to the eastern roads."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 81 posts
Tue 23 Jan 2018
at 19:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Trade for spells sounds good. East... think they're holed up in that Temple Serten was killed at?" the old man says, continuing to look around in his doddering manner.
Burne
 NPC, 5 posts
 His Most Worshipful Mage
 of Hommlett
Wed 24 Jan 2018
at 12:03
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I doubt it, from what was told the temple was laid to waste. It's exact location has been lost, perhaps intentionally lost. It was said to lay north and east of Hommlett along an old forgotten road." Burne responds.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 71 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 30 Jan 2018
at 10:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi just shrugs. "Then I guess we are ready to move. Anyone wants to ask for something?"
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 82 posts
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 16:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Nope. We know which way to go now. Let's get a move on." the old man says, ready to be moving as he turns to go to the door.
Burne
 NPC, 6 posts
 His Most Worshipful Mage
 of Hommlett
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 16:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"St Cuthbert be with you my friends" Burne says as you depart.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:53, Wed 31 Jan 2018.

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 83 posts
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 16:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander provides a dismissive wave of his hand, and is already heading to their next destination.
DM
 GM, 298 posts
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 16:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You leave Hommlett by the east road out of town, the road where rumors of bandits persist and that trade has been severely halted. You are not well equipped, this being among your first adventures. Yet you are strong in heart, some seeking fortunes, others fame, and others to just help. Together you might accomplish the impossible, fight demons and gods and restore balance to the kingdom.

You continue out of town for an hour, you know now you are beyond the watchful eye of Burne's Guard Tower. What are you doing?
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 84 posts
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 16:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet



The old man moved forward slowly, foraging and keeping a wary eye open for traps and ambushes. He continued to glare at the noisier members of the group, grumbling about how much of a "racket" they were making.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 53 posts
Mon 5 Feb 2018
at 04:57
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun keeps walking in silence, but with his eyes wide open. After all, they are going straight into bandit territory.

OOC:
01:55, Today: Larmiun Dol'Uten rolled 14 using 1d20+4.  spot check.

Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 72 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 5 Feb 2018
at 10:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi walks with the group in silence. There isn't a lot to say and he prefers to save his energies for the bandits.
DM
 GM, 302 posts
Mon 5 Feb 2018
at 11:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PM
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 81 posts
Sun 11 Feb 2018
at 09:56
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa walked last in line with her dagger at hand.
DM
 GM, 303 posts
Sun 11 Feb 2018
at 11:50
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Could those that haven't make a spot check?

Thank you.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 85 posts
Sun 11 Feb 2018
at 14:34
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"This road ain't been used in a while. Probably leads to the temple or an ambush... that's what I'd do." Milander says.

thanks for the poke! Sorry about not posting.
DM
 GM, 306 posts
Sun 11 Feb 2018
at 15:46
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Does the group wish to go along the path that Milander spotted, the lesser used path? or do you wish to continue along the main road?
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 82 posts
Sun 11 Feb 2018
at 17:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC:
14:40, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 19 using 1d20.  Spot check.
Wow, got lucky.


Seralessa just nods. The hidden road may be an important clue.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 54 posts
Wed 14 Feb 2018
at 02:04
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun prepares his short bow and follows the unused road.
DM
 GM, 308 posts
Sun 18 Feb 2018
at 09:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa spots the same road that Milander sees just before he points it out. The party decides to take this spot. As you travel along the path you notice that the amount of ground seems to shrink into a path barely wide enough for two people. Marsh seems to intrude heavily upon the area.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 86 posts
Sun 18 Feb 2018
at 14:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander will use his walking stick/staff to prove the ground in front of him, to make sure it isn't too soft as he presses forward. He looks for signs of people coming down this path recently as well.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 83 posts
Sun 18 Feb 2018
at 22:17
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa tries to move slowly and silently, paying attention to her surroundings.

OOC:
19:15, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 19 using 1d20+5.  Move Silently.
19:15, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 14 using 1d20.  Spot check.

Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 55 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 06:11
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun follows the group without questions.
DM
 GM, 310 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 06:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
After some time you see a large pond up ahead. The marshy ground makes it difficult to tell if anyone has passed before. You do spot something large in the pond near the shore closest to where you are walking. As you get closer and closer it becomes obvious that it is a large amphibian, it's quiet dead. Someone even took the time to slice it open.

Milander and Seralessa being druids estimate the giant frog has been dead less than 12 hours.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 84 posts
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 07:17
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Something killed this creature." Seralessa whispers and she tries to find some clues of who or what did this.

OOC:
04:17, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 10 using 1d20+8.  Search.

Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 73 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 10:22
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi doesn't know how to help them aside checking the surroundings for incoming dangerous creatures or signs of the battle.

OOC:
07:21, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 22 using 1d20+2.  Spot.

DM
 GM, 311 posts
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 17:11
Re: Exploring Hommlet


There is a path that goes along the western edge of the pond and continues along the makeshift road.

The marsh terrain makes it very difficult for Seralessa to find any useful tracks.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 87 posts
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 20:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Milander looks around, seemingly wandering aimlessly as he suspiciously eyes the ground where he walks. His ginger probing and muttering is only accented by Hesseth's flickering tounge as it probes the air around them.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 74 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 22 Feb 2018
at 10:21
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Keep close." Ailishi says to everyone, pointing 10 ft off the pond. "There is another giant frog there." He readies his Kusari Gama
DM
 GM, 314 posts
Thu 22 Feb 2018
at 15:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PM to Milander
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 88 posts
Thu 22 Feb 2018
at 19:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Bah, leave it alone. The other four hatchlings seem to have survived it... if barely. But they were well armed. Well, enough sight-seeing, we going back to that road or not?" the old man says, gesturing imperiously along the western end of the pond.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 75 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 24 Feb 2018
at 10:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I want to let it alone. Will it want to let us alone? That is the real question here."

Ailishi slowly walks along the road.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 85 posts
Mon 26 Feb 2018
at 06:56
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seraless is going to nvestigate the area, but steps backward when she hears that there are giant frogs nearby.

"Yes... let's go. Now!"
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 56 posts
Tue 27 Feb 2018
at 13:51
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun readies his bow and aims to where Ailishi points. He is not going to shoot unless the frog attacks first, he just wants to move with the group without being attacked.
DM
 GM, 316 posts
Thu 1 Mar 2018
at 09:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: DO you guys have a marching order?
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 76 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 1 Mar 2018
at 10:20
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: I have no problems being at the head.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 57 posts
Sun 4 Mar 2018
at 03:02
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: I don't want to be at the head. I prefer to be in the middle.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 86 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2018
at 06:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Seralessa has some scout skill but she also heals. Maybe. So behind Ailishi?
DM
 GM, 320 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2018
at 08:42
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Okay so the marching order is:

Ailishi
Larmiun
Seralessa
Milander

The Giant Frog is attacking Ailishi, I'll resolve when I get off work today.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:29, Thu 08 Mar 2018.

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 90 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2018
at 18:33
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Yeah, I'll be last.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 58 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2018
at 21:42
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: If the frog attacks, then it triggers Larmiun's readied action

18:39, Today: Larmiun Dol'Uten rolled 3 using 1d6.  Arrow damage.
18:37, Today: Larmiun Dol'Uten rolled 21 using 1d20+2.  Ready: Attack with bow.
DM
 GM, 321 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2018
at 12:16
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun shoots his bow and hits the Giant Frog



Giant Frog tags Ailishi with its tongue.

Giant Frog's tongue attaches to Ailishi.

Initiative:

07:09, Today: DM, for the NPC Giant Frog, rolled 21 using 1d20+5.

07:04, Today: DM, on behalf of Larmiun Dol'Uten, rolled 14 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.

07:08, Today: DM, on behalf of Seralessa Vadmal, rolled 13 using 1d20+4.

07:03, Today: DM, on behalf of Ailishi Urcmon, rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.

07:08, Today: DM, on behalf of Milander Vos Drago, rolled 1 using 1d20-5.  Initiative.

Begin Round One.

07:10, Today: DM, on behalf of Ailishi Urcmon, rolled 11 using 1d20+3.  Grapple Check.

07:12, Today: DM, for the NPC Giant Frog, rolled 16 using 1d20+8.  Grapple Check.

The Giant Frog draws Ailishi into the water and twoards it. Ailishi is now 5' from the mouth of the Giant Frog.


Larmiun's turn, use OOC if ya'll want to form a strategy like at a table game. The Giant Frog is about the size of angus bull. Feel free to post you action if you know what it will be :)
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 59 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 02:42
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun moves to have a better angle to attack and then he extends his hand to unleash a ray of fire to the giant frog.


OOC:
Move: Move 15 ft away, so Larmiun will have a clear shot against the frog

Standard: Manifest Energy Ray fire
23:36, Today: Larmiun Dol'Uten rolled 20 using 1d20+2.  Energy Ray Fire attack.
23:36, Today: Larmiun Dol'Uten rolled 6 using 1d6+1.  Fire Damage.

Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 87 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 06:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa remembers some basic animal anatomy and prepares to throw her dagger to the frog.

It lands on a tree.

OOC:
Move: Move to 10ft away of the Frog
Standard: Attack with Cunning Insight
03:23, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Ranged Attack with Cunning Insight.

DM
 GM, 325 posts
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 05:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun easily hits the Giant Frog with his fire ray damaging it.

Seralessa strikes the Giant Frog with her dagger, please roll damage. (OOC: Remember a creature/character grappled to another loses it's dexterity bonus to AC, and it is a large creature so you hit :) )

Need actions for Ailishi and Milander.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 77 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 07:58
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi tries to break free from the frog's tongue.

OOC:
04:57, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 19 using 1d20+3.  Grapple check.

DM
 GM, 326 posts
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 10:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa's dagger strikes the Giant Frog for 4 points.

Ailishi breaks free from the frog's tongue.

Milander it is your turn.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 91 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2018
at 01:57
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Milander grumbles and with a mutters and a gesture, the swamp whispers as a man-sized wolf appears behind the frog and attacks it, trying to trip it, even as Hesseth could protectively around the old man and hisses.

sorry, thought I posted.
DM
 GM, 330 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2018
at 03:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
(OOC: It happens and its possible RPOL ate your post before, thanks for posting)

A Wolf appears and attacks the Giant Frog from behind.


The Wolf appears to have been trying to trip the Frog in addition to biting it but sadly the much larger Frog doesn't even budge.

Begin Next Round

"Ribbit" goes the Giant Frog as it turns to face the foolish Wolf.

The Frog bites at the Wolf clamping tight with its jaws and swallowing. The Wolf dies.

Larmiun your turn
Then Seralessa
Then Ailishi
Then Milander
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 60 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 05:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Hey, we are here, frog!"

Larmiun moves closer to the frog and sends a ray of fire with his fingertip.

OOC:
Move: Move to a position where he can shoot at the frog without anyone between them.
Standard: Manifest Energy Ray
02:38, Today: Larmiun Dol'Uten rolled 21 using 1d20+2.  Energy Ray Fire attack.
02:38, Today: Larmiun Dol'Uten rolled 6 using 1d6+1.  Fire Damage.


DM
 GM, 331 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 07:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun decides to take just a 5' step and shoot his ray. He strikes the frog damaging it. The frog isn't looking to good at this point, another hit or two probably will finish it off you guys figure.

Seralessa
Ailish
Milander

You guys are up next in that order :)
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 88 posts
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 05:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Damned beast!"

Seralessa had thrown her dagger to the frog, and she was now powerless to continue attacking the creature. She stepped back, giving space for the others to finnish it.

OOC:
Move back 30 feat.

DM
 GM, 332 posts
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 07:56
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi you are up.
Then Milander
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 78 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 10:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi sees himself free from the frog and swings his Kusari Gama against the animal. He too would have wanted it to stay back.

OOC:
07:21, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 20 using 1d20+3.  Attack.
07:22, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 4 using 1d6+2.  Damage.

DM
 GM, 333 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2018
at 11:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi wades into the water and attacks the frog. The frog looks a little queasy at this point but is still up.

Milander your go
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 92 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2018
at 17:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Again the old man barks a command as he strikes his staff against the ground, and another wolf appears, savaging the Frog from behind.
DM
 GM, 336 posts
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 07:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The Giant Frog succumbs to his injuries and perishes to the bite of the wolf.

Well done :)

Now what do you guys/gals do?
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 79 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 10:21
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi sighs. "You should have stayed with your little ones, pal. Does anyone want to lunch?"
I would be a shame to waste all that meat in its legs.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 94 posts
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 16:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"None of us are so rich that we can leave anything behind, but let's not dawdle. Those bandits are just getting stronger.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 61 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 04:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun searches for as many dry leaves and woods he can and starts a fire with his flint and steel.
"Someone cut the frog's legs..."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 80 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 10:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi swiftly kneels at the side of the frog's corpse and begins to peel the meat of its leg. "Someone finds some sticks!"
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 95 posts
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 17:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander begins to field dress the frog to be carried so that they can take it with them.

OOC: Taking 10 on survival
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 89 posts
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 05:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I should have carry a pan with me." Seralessa begins to search for sticks to roast the frog legs.
DM
 GM, 341 posts
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 05:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun gets a fire going

Ailishi and Milander break down the carcass.

Seralessa finds some sticks suitable for roasting meat over Larmiun's fire.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 81 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 10:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi gives each a piece of frog meat and happily sits by the fire, watching it get roasted.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 90 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 18:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa also joins the meal. Full bellies make happpy faces.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 96 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 18:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"What do you think this is, a picnic?" the old man snaps, after he is done breaking down the carcass. "We might be approaching bandits who had killed the last big frog, and we're certainly heading to hunt more of them, with our only allies racing ahead as if they get a prize for being the first ones to get killed... and you build a fire to make a snack so that we might have to setup camp in a swamp? Only a green would do something like that." he grumbled.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 82 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 31 Mar 2018
at 09:16
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"You are welcome to go ahead of us. And don't raise your voice. Remember, there may be bandits around." Ailishi continues eating the frog.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 97 posts
Sat 31 Mar 2018
at 19:28
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Oho! The hatchling thinks he's clever does he? That my voice carries further than the smoke from that wet wood?" he says pointing at the smoking fire they were comfortably around. "And in your great experience, oh wise hatchling, are you content to know that people might be dying while you dawdle? Is your full bully going to keep you warm and cozy while you content yourselves after besting a mighty frog? I WILL be going ahead. Consider yourselves fortunate that I will leave a trail that even that one can find." he snaps, pointing at Seralessa, before whirling away carrying his load of frog meat and cutting some healthy portions for his snake. And with that, he grumblingly makes his way forward.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 83 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 1 Apr 2018
at 09:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Yes... well, good luck in not getting your meat spoiled."
He continues to eat till he is satiated.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 62 posts
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 00:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun finishes his meat and gets ready to be on the road again, readying his crossbow.
DM
 GM, 347 posts
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 05:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Those of you eating are enjoying a good meal.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 91 posts
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 15:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa finishes her meal and drinks some water before getting up. "Let's get going."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 84 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 22:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
After finishing his meal, Ailishi gets ready to continue on the road.
DM
 GM, 355 posts
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 05:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
I was waiting for MIlander to post but will move on.

You easily follow Milander's trail, you eventually come to a ruined drawbridge, that has holes through it. It is down over a murky moat.

Milander is examining the structure.

Everyone make Listen checks :)
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 98 posts
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 14:01
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Nothing to see here, move along.
DM
 GM, 358 posts
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 09:12
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PM


Note that despite it's holes you believe the drawbridge is passable by Medium sized creatures or smaller.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 85 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 10:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi looks at the old man.

OOC:
07:22, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 4 using 1d20+2.  Listen check.

Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 92 posts
Sun 8 Apr 2018
at 19:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa walks to the bridge.

OOC:
07:22, Yesterday: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 4 using 1d20+2.  Listen check.

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 99 posts
Sun 8 Apr 2018
at 22:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Nothing to see
DM
 GM, 361 posts
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 08:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Hesseth slithers onto the drawbridge looking to and fro as he goes, even poking his head down into a hole or two seeing if it was safe.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 63 posts
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 23:01
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun gets a peek.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 100 posts
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 23:07
Re: Exploring Hommlet


The old man seems to be concentrating.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 93 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 05:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa scratches her head.
DM
 GM, 363 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 06:04
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa is searching the drawbridge


Larmiun is looking over the drawbridge but not on it.



Hesseth continues to look and smell the drawbridge, being on it just like Seralessa.


You hear a voice from the other side of the drawbridge call out

"Watch yourselves!" calls the first voice

Followed quickly by Incoming! by a second voice. You now clearly hear a scuffle not to far away maybe a crossbow shot away.

You can make listen checks to see if you recognize the voices.....at the moment though the swampy conditions you do not see them.
DM
 GM, 364 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 06:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Oh and everyone needs to roll initiative....
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 86 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 23:01
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi tries to find something to hide behind something, anything.

OOC:
19:48, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 21 using 1d20+2.  Listen.
19:46, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 7 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.

Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 94 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 05:36
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa takes her dagger and seeks cover in the bridge.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 101 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 14:04
Re: Exploring Hommlet


The old man grumbles and begins to shuffle forward slowly after a moment of listening, well after the others had already started to move.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 64 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 23:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"The bridge should be able to support our weight... but only one of us at the time."

Larmiun prepares his shortbow, aiming it to the other side of the moat.

"I can cover you from here if you want to pass the bridge."
DM
 GM, 367 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 12:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Okay folks lets this rolling, note everyone should be posting in this thread starting after this post for at least this battle.

Current Initiative:

Ailishi        21
Furnok         21
Velox          19
Albrecht       15
Bandit Leader  14
Larmiun         9
Elmo            9
Seralessa       7
Bandits         4
Milander       -4

Ailishi (and everyone else that rolled a listen more than 5) recognize the voices as Velox and Albrecht.

Ailishi you are up first, you cannot see the other group from your current position, you would have to cross the drawbridge, it is fortunate that Velox and them had surprise on the bandits who had surpise on you or this could of been a lot messier.

Other folks can post actions as they want, Velox, Elmo, Furnok and Albrecht are all in melee combat with various bandits, two of whom fell in the surprise round (the ones Velox and Elmo struck to move us along.

Anyone with Ailishi will have to cross the bridge first before seeing the enemy. The Drawbridge is approximately 15' long.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 149 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 19:46
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht brings his axe to bare against his foe in two blinding motions, but neither are particularly accurate in his haste.

OOC: Hopefully someone gets some flanking going... otherwise this is a whiff lol.

15:42, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 8,12 using 1d20+4,1d20+4.  Sapphire Nightmare Blade, PA -2.

Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 87 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 10:22
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Great! Do it! I am going!" Ailishi runs to the other side of the bridge spinning his Kusari Gama.
Velox
 player, 153 posts
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 13:56
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 322):

Velox brings his flail down on another enemy feeling the satisfying crunch of contact.


OOC:
If he’s able to without provoking AoO’s he will step closer to the bandit leader to aid Furnok.
09:48, Today: Velox rolled 14 using 1d10+4.  Damage.
09:48, Today: Velox rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  To hit (flail).

This message was last edited by the player at 13:57, Sat 14 Apr 2018.

DM
 GM, 370 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 05:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi crosses the bridge and he spots the others in a melee combat with what appears to be some surprised bandits. Do you have a missile weapon if so you could fire on a bandit.

Furnok's blade finds a weak spot in the Bandit Leader's chain mail and digs in deep into the man drawing blood, but failing to kill the Bandit Leader.

The only person in melee combat with Velox is the crossbowman still standing with a crossbow, as such he cannot make an AoO. Velox moves up to aid Furnok and his flail smashes into the chest of the Bandit Leader bringing him down.


Albrechts one strike does hit (the crossbowman is only wearing leather...). You need to roll damage.

After Albrecht's damage roll since the Bandit Leader is now down it will be Larmiun's turn.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 150 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 07:11
Re: Exploring Hommlet
03:11, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 14 using 1d12+8.  Damage.
DM
 GM, 371 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 08:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The Crossbowman is dead.

3 Bandits remain at this point, note the group coming from town except for Ailishi now cannot yet see the bandits.

1 bandit is dressed in padded with a shield and has a longword and 3 javelins, he is currently holding a javelin.

1 bandit has a halberd and is dressed in studded leather

1 bandit has a spear in his hand and is dressed in leather with a wooden shield. He also has a shortsword.

Once you cross the bridge which takes a move action you can see the bandits.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 65 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 22:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun rushes to cross the bridge with the firm intention to secure it. As soon as he crosses, he moves to a side to let the others pass and fires an arrow to the first enemy in sight.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 95 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 05:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa follows Larmiun dagger in hand, but insted of keeping a distance, she continues moving where the conflict is.
DM
 GM, 372 posts
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 11:22
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun hits one with an arrow but fails to drop the fellow, a moment later Elmo's axe strikes into the back of the fellow and he falls. (This was the guy with the halberd...determined by random roll)

Seralessa crosses the bridge and continues past Larmiun with only a dagger in hand and heads to take on the bandits.

The two bandits withdraw and head off into the marsh one going north and the other going west.

Milander's turn.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 102 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 23:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man shuffles up, squints, and then points, muttering, and the plants begin to writhe.
DM
 GM, 373 posts
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 10:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander's spell catches the bandit moving north as roots spring up and grab his feet holding him tight.

Ailishi's go :)
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 88 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 22:41
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi doesn't doubt in charging against the bandit that is trying to escape, with full intent of piercing his flesh with the blade of his kusari-gama
DM
 GM, 377 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 04:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Which one are you charging?
Faerrash
 player, 12 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 13:53
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash had not left with the group for he still wasn't completely sure about them.  His background had not been one in which a lot of trust had been shown towards his kind.  So after they left he had followed them through the brush but far enough back that they couldn't see him.  He wanted to watch them and make sure they were what he had hoped they were.

When the group came to the bridge Faerrash was a little worried.  This would make it hard for him to stay hidden, for he would have to cross the bridge as well.  He stayed back a bit and when the first group had crossed, something happened as he heard combat up ahead.  He hoped they were okay, so he crept up to where he could get a look.
DM
 GM, 381 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 08:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi charges down the bandit to the west and kills him.

Furnok having no missile weapon decides to start searching the Bandit Leader

Velox your go
Velox
 player, 157 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 15:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seeing all of the other bandits down and the bandit running and caught, and knowing that information could be invaluable, Velox charged the captive bandit and knocked him out with a massive blow from his flail.

OOC:
11:16, Today: Velox rolled 21 using 2d10+8.  Non lethal damage. (That was a 9 and a 4 on the dice by the way)
11:16, Today: Velox rolled 19 using 1d20+3.  Confirm Crit.
11:16, Today: Velox rolled 23 using 1d20+3.  To hit flail - Charge + non lethal penalty accounted for.

DM
 GM, 383 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 11:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox drops the last of the Bandits.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 152 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 11:21
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht, now that the dangers are gone, begins looting the dead. "Luckily for you all, we saw the bandits coming to ambush you after you started that fire. Maybe next time, try to be a bit less conspicuous?" he commented with a wry grin to anyone within earshot.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 66 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 12:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Lucky for you we have come to help you in the last moment." Larmiun chuckled and begun to loot the bodies too.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 103 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 12:51
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I did try and warn tye idiots, but I'm just an old man, what do I know about living a long time?" the old man says waspishly, also going through the bodies. "I hope you left one of 'em alive to question."
Faerrash
 player, 13 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 13:05
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash was still hidden in the brush behind the group as they seemed to take care of business with the bandits.

Deciding it was time to show himself Faerrash strode out onto the road with his hand up.  Greetings again friends.  I see that you have managed against these bandits.  I hope my song aided your strikes.
Velox
 player, 158 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 18:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox laughed at Milander's jest about his age and said, "Aye, I kept my wits about me and made sure just to knock this fella out. We can revive him and get him to speak. The first question is whether he's seen the Druid's Aspirant and if so, where is she?"

He paused and then said, "I am glad you finished up at the tavern and decided to give chase. We camped out after taking out a few frogs and then when we got here we had to take care of a few more frogs, a big spider and what was that other thing, oh yeah a giant adder. But a few well placed blows by Albrecht. Elmo, Furnok and I and they weren't too much trouble..."

His greeting and recap completed he started to smack the bandit that he'd knocked out awake and tried his best to revive him. "I'd hate to have to waste a spell on this fella, anyone else know how to wake someone up without throwing them in the river? Seems to me the frogs might eat him before he could answer our questions afterall."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:24, Wed 25 Apr 2018.

Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 97 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 07:07
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"You are not just an old man, you are also just a senile imbecile. Otherwise your age would have been proof of a far greater power than we have. Something clearly you don't show. Do you really expect us to follow your lead?" Seralessa doesn't even turn to Milander, she just walks to the surviving bandit, nodding to everyone else.

She kneels at the fallen bandit's side. "First, we should make sure he can still endure anything we do to him."
DM
 GM, 384 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 09:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PMs


Will finish when I get home and can add the treasure PMs, note unless your a thief folks will probably notice you trying to pocket anything.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 90 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 10:21
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi was going to say something but he happily begins to loot the bandit he has just killed.
DM
 GM, 386 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 11:07
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You discover as a group that the Bandit Leader is dying but not really dead yet. I assume you will bind up his wounds and he stabilizes, as he might be more knowledgeable than the bandit Velox subdued.

Treasure

Bandit Leader
     Gold Chain  --Around his neck
   2 Cistrines  -- Also in Belt Pouch
     Belt Pouch (Which has 13 PP and 17 SP in it)
     Chain Mail
     Light Steel Shield
     Spear
     Longsword

Bandit 1
     Padded Armor
     Light Wooden Shield
     Short Sword
     3 Javelins
     Small Belt Pouch (with 6 SP)

Bandit 2 (Currently unconscious Bandit Velox hit)
     Leather Armor
     Light Wooden Shield
     Spear
     Hand Axe
     Small Belt Pouch (with 7 SP)

Bandit 3
     Leather Armor
     Short Sword
     Light Crossbow
     10 Crossbow Bolts
     Small Belt Pouch (with 8 SP)


Bandit 4
     Leather Armor
     Club
     Light Crossbow
     10 Crossbow Bolts
     Small Belt Pouch (with 11 SP)


Bandit 5
     Leather Armor
     Light Mace
     Light Crossbow
     10 Crossbow Bolts
     Small Belt Pouch (with 11 SP)


Bandit 6
     Studded Leather Armor
     Halberd
     Small Belt Pouch (with 4 SP)
Faerrash
 player, 14 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 11:22
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash said, yes I did see you all enjoying the meals you found.  After you left the area I too enjoyed some of the parts of the frog you all didnt finish eating.  So, where are you all heading to?

As Faerrash continued he strode among he old companions to see if any were injured.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 153 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:32
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht collected the coins and put them all together with ones they'd found earlier for later dividing, assuming everyone was okay with it. "I would like to request some form of ranged weapon, even if I am not very skilled with them. Perhaps a crossbow and some bolts?" he asked, looking at the draconic man with a blank expression before it dawned on him who he was. "Ah, Faerrash, nice to have you back. We could have used the help earlier, but... better late than never," he laughed.

OOC: PPs are 10x Gold, right? I'm assuming we didn't find any gold on the Adder either? Right now I think we have 400 gold, and the haul from this encounter, to divide. How many of us are there?
DM
 GM, 387 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Current Party:

Players:

Ailishi
Arbrecht
Faerrash
Larmiun
Milander
Seralessa
Velox


NPCs:

Elmo (Elmo agreed to join for just a half share, after he pays off his axe and armor) Elmo's kinda happy go lucky (and seems drunk most of the time, but seems to sober up when there is fighting going on).
Furnok (Furnok agreed to join for a share) he's probably going to object to sharing with what was found prior to the others joining with them :).


Yep 10 GP to 1 PP :)

I'm not sure of the total I'll have to check back on that but if you keeping good track that might be good, might want to appraise that gold chain and those small gems too :)

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:41, Thu 26 Apr 2018.

Elmo
 NPC, 38 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:42
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Elmo looks around "Not bad" he says almost to himself.

He notices the others have come "Good to see you again Seralessa, I hope you found enough flowers."
Furnok
 NPC, 26 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:44
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Furnok takes out a magnifying glass and seems to be examining the gems "Ah uh uh" he says while doing so "Yep what I thought". He then tells you "These are worth maybe 50 gold a piece"

He then takes the gold chain and looks over it, his interest seems to peak a bit more on this one "I'd say this would fetch a couple hundred gold"
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 104 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander, raised an eyebrow at Seraleesa, and then grinned slyly as she walked towards the unconscious bandit. "Knowledge is power, such as the knowledge on how to wake up someone unconscious." he says, as he mutters a word and snaps his fingers and a gallon of water douses both Seraleesa and the bandit as the old man cackles as he and his man-sized snake go to look over the various items collected, casting a spell to detect magic to see if any we're... More special than they appeared.
DM
 GM, 388 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 14:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PM
Velox
 player, 163 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 21:04
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox secured the bandit with a rope and then prayed a brief prayer as he stood over him, his flail at the ready to put the man out of his misery.

"So, you and your boys like to prey on those who happen to be passing by... Too bad I and my boys got the jump on you. Bet you didn't expect the assault to be coming from behind, now did ya? That's beside the point though. You'll be telling me about your outfit, but more importantly about whether you've seen and captured a young woman, an aspirant of a local druid in the past few days. Tell the truth and I'll ensure you are spared. Tell us nothing or lies and I have no problem letting my friends here do their worst."

OOC: Cast Cure Minor Wound after tying the bandit up.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 105 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 21:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander said nothing, but Hesseth slid forward, hissing and rearing up menacingly at the man Velox talked to. "Hesseth seems hungry." he says conversationally.

(Aid other on gather info/intimidate?)
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 69 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 23:33
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun gets closer to the surviving bandit. He too wants answers. "The rest of the bandits. I want number, names, I want the locations of the hideouts and the places of every trap we may found as any password you may be using to recognize each other. Tell me all I need, and I will spare the lives of your loved ones. Don't do it, and I will kill those who you care the most slowly and painfully. Now think of them, and tell me the truth."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 98 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 07:34
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa feels the water falling upon her and immediately knows what is happening. "Exactly. Knowledge is power and you seem awfully dependant on your spells to do even the most basic things. Showing that your knowledge is extremely limited. Don't overstimate your power, senile old man. You may soon discover how pathetic it is."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 91 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 10:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Yes, be a good man and tell us everything we need." Ailishi grins and swings his kusari gama just two inches away from the bandit leader's face.
DM
 GM, 389 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 11:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Seralessa wasn't at the Bandit Leader she was at the other bandit that Velox subdued, and thus that bandit is awake not the leader. The leader is in significant negative hp total and probably would require more than one spell (unless you got lucky) to bring to consciousness. So I'm assuming all intimidation efforts were against him. It wasn't discovered that the other was still alive until a few post later :)


The bandit jerks to consciousness as the water soaks him. "What?!" he exclaims.

He looks a bit frightened. "I don't know. We take our orders from someone called The Beautiful, that's all I know. I've never met em. I'm not even sure where The Beautiful is located. We give him half then split the rest among us. I think we've been paying to much seeing as how today's gone!"

He points over to the other fellow "That's our leader, his name is Geoff, he might know more."
Velox
 player, 165 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 16:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox's eyes follow the bandit's pointing and he sees the bandit leader near death. He moves over to the man's side and prays, feeling a rush of Trithereon's blessing pouring out into the man and then quickly moves to secure his wrists as the man wakes up from consciousness.

"Geoff, your man's given you up. My friends here have a number of questions, likely all pertaining to Beautiful, but before you answer those, you'd best answer me quickly. There was a young girl, an Aspirant of the local Druid near here these past few days. Did your crew see her and if so, did you set upon her? Is she alive? Your answer will determine your fate."

He doesn't go so far as to threaten the man's family or even his life, he's carefully chosen his words.
Faerrash
 player, 15 posts
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 08:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The beautiful?  What a name for a leader Faerrash thought to himself.  Faerrash waited for the bandit to answer before asking, When are you supposed to be meeting this Beautiful again?  Is it always in the same spot?  These questions should be easy to answer for the bandit since he was always with.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 93 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 10:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"And we will have to determine if what they are saying is true, of course." Ailishi adds. "Bandits are not known for their honesty."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 70 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 00:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun pays attention to everything it is said.
DM
 GM, 392 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 13:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox calls upon his Favored Soul and heals the Bandit Leader just enough to come too.

Faerrash while Velox was so engaged decided to question the one woken by Milander's create water spell. Ailishi and Larmiun were close by.

This bandit looked up at Faerrash a bit worried looking at the creature "They always come the second night after we raid a caravan to get their share. I've never seen the Beautiful myself, but his men are well equipped and well trained. Ask Geoff he'll tell you!"


Geoff wakes up and looks about a bit bewildered. He's not used to being on this side of an attack. "That fool Jaroo should mind his own business. What happened to the girl is his fault, no other." he pauses a moment sweat pouring off his face as he looks up at Velox and around at the rest of you "You'll find her about 100 yards that way" he says pointing west. "Well what's left of her."
Velox
 player, 174 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 14:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox's face drops into a scowl as he says, "Watch him. I will see to the girl. Though he has some explaining to do if what he's implied is true."

Velox rises and walks to the west, covering the distance indicated his eyes scanning for any signs of the Aspirant.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 112 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 15:01
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander gives Hesseth a look... who slides over to the Bandit Leader and simply stares at him, while the old man totters off after Velox.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 94 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 1 May 2018
at 22:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi holds Velox' shoulder. "Don't go there alone. Noone knows what you can find there."

He grabs Geoff face and caresses with the tip of the blade of his kusari-gama the skin right on the prisioner's jugular vein. "Tell me what we should expect to find there, what happened to her, and you won't die like her."
Velox
 player, 176 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 22:42
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 367):

Velox ignores Ailishi and continues forward with Milander in tow.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 99 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 04:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa looks at the scene and shrugs. Remembering the man she previously met, she goes to Elmo. "Is he always like that?" She asks him pointing at Velox.
DM
 GM, 393 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 11:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi is about 60 feet from the Bandit Leader at this time as you had moved to help question the Bandit that was up before Velox healed him. As such you can't stop him from running off into the marsh, or Milander.

Velox and Milander head off into the marsh, with Milander's help Velox finds the remains of the woman. Unfortunately there is not much remaining. There is a puuch though with mistletoe in it and a small gold sickle, as well as a set of clothes. They have been discarded over near a tree. Her remains are scattered though and appear to have been the victim of various animals since her death. The exact cause of death is not apparent with the destruction of her body. If this is the Aspirant, then Jaroo would probably recognize the pouch Velox deduces.
Velox
 player, 179 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 17:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox wanted to scream but he knew that doing so only put those still alive at further risk. Instead he knelt beside the corpse and punched the soft earth. After a moment, he rose, gathered the pouch, the sickle and the clothes and nodding to Milander in gratitude for his company, he returned to the bandits and his new allies.

His shoulders were hunched forward, his face quite downcast when he returned to the others. "It was as he said, she was dead, ravaged by the wild. But why? Why was she out here on her own and why didn't you," he pointed at the leader and continued, "do anything?"
Faerrash
 player, 16 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 19:12
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Grabbing the bandit roughly, Faerrash brings the thug over to where the others are.  They needed to hear what was what.

Everyone, this bandit here says that they always meet the men what work for The Beautiful, they come the second night after they raid a caravan to get their share. The Beautiful is never there, but the men are well equipt.

THen he turns back to the bandit, how many men have you seen come to get their share?
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 158 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 19:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
While he was gone, Albrecht gathered up all the useful items in a pile for later dividing. He kept a crossbow and some bolts out, attempting to claim them if nobody else wanted them.

Albrecht looked saddened by the news, although not as upset as Velox. "That is unfortunate. I'm sorry Velox. I know it meant a lot to you to find her," the young man offered the paladin.

OOC: I'm fine with the "buying off items" plan. Does anyone else want anything? Other than the chainmail issue.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 113 posts
Thu 3 May 2018
at 12:17
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Milander silently surveyed the scene, his lined face stoic and unmoved. His sharp eyes scanned the body and the area carefully. When Velox left, he did not immediately following, but emerged soon after. He said nothing, seemingly lost in his own thoughts.
Velox
 player, 181 posts
Thu 3 May 2018
at 14:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox nodded to Albrecht, "Yes, I had hoped to reach her in time, but it seems we dawdled too long..." He is clearly upset by the circumstances. "If we hadn't camped last night, maybe we could have saved her. Then again we might have met the same fate..." He is clearly trying to come to terms with the loss.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 114 posts
Thu 3 May 2018
at 14:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Not all hatchlings survive long after escaping their shells. You can waste time weeping over broken shards, or you can make an example of those that dared to disturb your clutch." Milander points out, adding in a thoughtful tone. "Sorrow is useless. It will only get you killed, and it is only the living that have the luxury of mourning... or so my mother taught me."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 71 posts
Fri 4 May 2018
at 02:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun waited for an answer to Ailishi and Velox' questions, while looking around.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 102 posts
Fri 4 May 2018
at 06:33
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa rolls her eyes and just goes to see what is the fuss all about.
DM
 GM, 398 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:41
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi Urcmon:
Ailishi holds Velox' shoulder. "Don't go there alone. Noone knows what you can find there."

He grabs Geoff face and caresses with the tip of the blade of his kusari-gama the skin right on the prisioner's jugular vein. "Tell me what we should expect to find there, what happened to her, and you won't die like her."



The Bandit Leader looks at Ailishi with a bit of worry and some sweat going down his face. "She's dead, shouldn't of been poking her nose in other folks business. You know you have to feed the dogs sometimes. You might of got the better of me and my boys, but we aren't the only ones, we are organized, and they'll have another group assigned to our area within a week."
DM
 GM, 399 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash:
Grabbing the bandit roughly, Faerrash brings the thug over to where the others are.  They needed to hear what was what.

Everyone, this bandit here says that they always meet the men what work for The Beautiful, they come the second night after they raid a caravan to get their share. The Beautiful is never there, but the men are well equipt.

THen he turns back to the bandit, how many men have you seen come to get their share?


"Half a dozen" the bandit responds to Faerrash
DM
 GM, 400 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:50
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun Dol'Uten:
Larmiun waited for an answer to Ailishi and Velox' questions, while looking around.


PM
DM
 GM, 401 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander Vos Drago:
Milander silently surveyed the scene, his lined face stoic and unmoved. His sharp eyes scanned the body and the area carefully. When Velox left, he did not immediately following, but emerged soon after. He said nothing, seemingly lost in his own thoughts.


PM
DM
 GM, 402 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox and Seralessa cross paths as he is returning to the group and she moves out to see the body.


Velox then speaks with Albrecht

Milander starts to return to the group as Seralessa arrives at the body. He then also speaks to Velox and Albrecht.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 118 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 01:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"It seems to me that neither one of you idiots are giving us any reasons to keep you alive. And if I were to go into the details regarding what I know... well if I have learned anything from my time on this world, its that humans tend to act quite irrationally. I too have known the thrill of power that comes from inflicting suffering on creatures of far less power than you... the only thing that really compares is inflicting unimaginable suffering as a form of vengeance." the old man says, a wistful note in his voice.

Then, shuffling close to the bandit leader and whispering in his ear.

As he whispered, his snake hissed and moved close, the human sized vipers fangs bared. When the old man straightens and smiles in his absent minded fashion. "Of course... if I had something else which might immediately occupy my time... well I do have an equal fondness for treasure."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 160 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 02:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I say we bring them back to town to turn them in to the authorities. Let them rot in jail for their crimes," Albrecht commented, looking down at the bandit leader. "Who knows, they might even give us a reward," he added with a smirk.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 97 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 8 May 2018
at 10:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"That is good to know. Tell me where the dogs are now. How many of you are left and where I can find them." Ailishi now buries the blade a little inside the leader's shoulder.
Velox
 player, 190 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox was furious, but did his best to calm himself. "Look, we can kill him and collect the bounty, but that makes us no better than him. He's confessed to murdering the aspirant just now. Let's take him back to town, along with the evidence we've gathered here and the Aspirant's body and let the people of Hommlet condemn him. He deserves worse than a death by your blade, after what he's done here..."

He wanted to push between the bandit and Ailishi, but restrained himself, knowing how important freedom was to all.
Faerrash
 player, 18 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash having not really clicked with the group offers, I can bring them back to town.  It appears to me that you all are mire than capable to handle yourselves without my assistance. 
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 120 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:33
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"What, and leave me alone with these inferiors?" the old man snapped at the dragon born orc. "Don't you dare. Besides... we are not ALL agreed that letting them live is the best course of action. This one is an enemy, and I have heard no reasons to leave an enemy alive, especially one who might one day return. I made that mistake once, and it cost me dearly." the old man glowers, staring at the bandit leader he had whispered to.
Velox
 player, 191 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox grimaced once more. "Wise words, Milander, although I have little doubt that Hommlet will rule to remove this enemy's head from his shoulders. Word also needs to get back to Jaroo about the demise of his pupil. The dragonborn and I will escort them back, if you all agree, that is."

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 121 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Mortals in cities are soft, and it is not just they he has wronged. It is the Druids... and they have their own form of justice. I'm quite certain we can scalp him alive, and then bring him to the druids. Their methods will be... more appropriate I believe."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 163 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 19:51
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"We cannot let this group fall to lawlessness. We are not an authority to make decisions like this, regardless of your past, or your temper," Albrecht responded, looking to Milander and Ailishi in turn as he spoke. "Remove your blade from his shoulder, or you will have mine in yours," he commanded the young man, not moving to grab his weapon yet, but he would not hesitate to do so if things went sideways. "Velox, Faerash and myself are going to bring this man to town, alive, along with his associate. You all can either help us, or head to the Moathouse and wait for us there. We didn't finish clearing it out, and there might be more valuables there."
Velox
 player, 194 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 21:02
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox nodded his head in agreement with Albrecht. "And don't worry Milander, if a druid circle is what you're looking for, Jaroo is the local druid and you can be sure he will have a problem with this one's actions."

He pauses and says, "So, what will it be? Are we all headed back to Hommlet?"
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 122 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 21:16
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"And what about the law of Nature, boy? Do you seek to speak for the druids? You, mortals, are so hasty..." he says, somewhat amused, before scowling as he grows thoughtful.

"You do realize how she died, yes? What they did to her? What HE did to her? You understand how long she suffered their depravations as they violated her. How she did not die quickly, that her death was slow, painful, and humiliating. How she died with the smell of the men that abused her filling her nostrils as she choked on her own blood, gasping for air as they took her, two and three at a time? Yes, I do believe Jaroo will approve of being the one to dispense justice, younglings... but do not expect the return to be swift or without incident. They have friends, they have reinforcements, and they have a leader that is not this human. They will have trackers and hounds, and they will have a reputation that has suffered a deep wound that only retribution can heal." he says, his eyes never leaving the bandit's.

"I care not for the outcome, but should we lose these scalps when we return, it will not come out of MY share." the old man says, turning and walking away from the group to explore the ruins themselves.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 164 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 00:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"What's done is done. We cannot be the ones to decide what happens to this man, regardless of what he has done. The law of man is the only law I care about, so if you would like to try make sure this man is given the justice he deserves, help make a case against him," Albrecht responded as he watched Milander go the wrong direction. "If you aren't going to help us take him back, you aren't getting a share of the bounty," he adds.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 124 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 00:36
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The snake hasn't moved from the prisoner as Milander says without turning around, "I'll know when you're finally ready to leave boy. And I wouldn't try to move the prisoner until then... Hesseth might think you're helping him escape. But I'll not waste time arguing philosophy with a hatchling."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 165 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 00:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Your little 'pet' does not intimidate me. Not even an hour ago, I killed a snake twice as big as him," Albrecht responded, shaking his head. Maybe eventually the old codger would realize that age wasn't the only measure of a man's worth, but he doubted it. "I'm ready as soon as we gather some evidence. I don't want to go back to town with empty accusations."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 125 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 01:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The man sized snake hissed, as if it understood the comment, and the old man grumbled before turning around. "First... its not the snake you should be worried about... it's what will happen to you should he so much as chip a fang biting your thick skull. Second, any backwoods cleric should be able to put up a truth zone, or use a divination to sift through his thoughts. And I can list out a medical report that will describe what I found on the body that will qualify as credible... Provided I am treated with the respect I deserve... And it gets us moving away from that accursed temple." he says, glowering.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 103 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 15:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet

Seralessa returns to the group. "Does someone have a shovel?"
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 100 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 10 May 2018
at 10:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I don't deserve to carry this man and keep it slowing me when I am trying to move."

Ailishi stands up, pulling the blade and opening it even more.

"I will do far more than digging my blade in his flesh. Do you have a problem with that? You can be his heroe then."
Faerrash
 player, 19 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 11:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash hasnt been with these people very long and hasnt seen the interactions up front between them until this point.  It seemed to him that there was a big divide between a few of the members. One thing that was front and center right now was this man with his blade to an unarmed kneeling man.  Faerrash didnt care for the bandit one way or the other but he was against people just murdering others with a possibility of defence.

You will take you blade away from him now or I will force you too, the very large dragonborn said to Ailishi.
Geoff
Thu 10 May 2018
at 12:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi Urcmon:
"That is good to know. Tell me where the dogs are now. How many of you are left and where I can find them." Ailishi now buries the blade a little inside the leader's shoulder.



In the moathouse in the intact tower. Two more but they'll be gone by now. After all they most likely kept eyes on this way. They'll report what happened, no doubt others will replace us. Geoff answers while pointing back towards the moathouse.
Elmo
 NPC, 39 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 12:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi Urcmon:
"I don't deserve to carry this man and keep it slowing me when I am trying to move."

Ailishi stands up, pulling the blade and opening it even more.

"I will do far more than digging my blade in his flesh. Do you have a problem with that? You can be his heroe then."


Elmo's facade of being a drunkard seems to leave him. He moves forward the battleaxe in his hand with a competence he places it between Ailishi and Geoff. "Elmo does not wish to see so many fight over this. This is no place for men who would fall into darkness. If you are so tempted by evil here and now, how will you face the master of Temple of Elemental Evil when the time comes, or will her voice call unto you as well turning you to their whim?"

Elmo pauses, his weapon looks to be very well made, much better than the one the blacksmith loaned you. It almost sparkles in the sunlight.

"Elmo will return the Aspirants remains to the grove that Jaroo may properly bury her. This that she might take her new form when the time comes. As for these two, there is a bounty by Verbobonc for their scalps that much is true, but they may be of more worth to take to town and have tried. That might give the people hope that the dark times are not returning."
Furnok
 NPC, 27 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 12:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Furnok seems to have disappeared preferring to remain outside the conflict if there be any, hey dead men can't spend their gold.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 170 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 12:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 400):

Albrecht noticed the demeanor of the other young man, and pulled out his own weapon as Faerrash stood up for him. "If you want to strike at me, I wish you the best of luck in that endeavor," he commented, standing tall. "I agree with Elmo though. Perhaps you will think it wiser than crossing this many of your allies."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 73 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 15:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun gets closer to the group, having sating his curiosity. "I just can't believe that a bandit's life is worth so much for any of you." He chuckles.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 127 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 15:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man seemed to be watching the scene unfold with keen interest... until Elmo dropped his facade. Upon hearing what he has to say, Milander walks up to the man and says quietly, "Perhaps you should finally reveal all you know of the Temple, before you get these fools killed."
Velox
 player, 199 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 15:44
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Larmiun Dol'Uten (msg # 406):

Velox smiled at the laughing man and said, "I fear you misunderstand. Murdering a helpless man, bandit or innocent, would be an act of banditry in and of itself. It is clear that this man deserves to die, but I would have Ailishi not lose his humanity in the torment and taking of that life. I believe justice for the poor girl and the other victims is also of significant value. Returning him to Hommlet could bring some justice to those he has killed or worse. But it sounds like we have more to explore and perhaps Elmo’s got more to tell us.”
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 104 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 05:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Seralessa gets closer to everyone else, showing she only has a dagger with her. "So... noone has a shovel then? I can't bury a body with this."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 128 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 05:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"You got wax in your ears hatchling? The girl's raped and defiled corpse is going with Elmo, to be buried by her people." the old man says in his usual tone, his eyes never leaving Elmo.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 106 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 06:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"The corpse will soon smell bad if not already, old idiot. If Elmo drops his act, he can use a spoon to lift the pieces that was left of the woman."

She looks to Elmo and then to everyone else.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 171 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 07:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I would like to agree that moving the body is best, but if what Seralessa is saying is true, perhaps it would be best to try to bury her. Unless we can find something to carry her remains in, but then we risk the ire of her family at the disrespect we paid her body... Either way this is an unpleasant task with no perfect outcome," Albrecht responded, eyes still firmly glued to Ailishi in case he did something.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 101 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Fri 11 May 2018
at 10:30
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"And another one joins! You shall better be worth it!" Ailishi chuckles to the leader of the band when the other creature decides to speak like Albrecht.

"Well, time to fight for justice here." He knows there will be blood the moment Albrecht took his weapon.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 172 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 11:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Wow! I was unaware we were in the company of such an accomplished duelist in our dear Ailishi here! Willing to take on three men at the same time. Shall we perhaps tie one of your hands behind your back as well, to even the odds? Maybe even blindfold you?" Albrecht quips, his words dripping with sarcasm as he openly laughs in the man's face. "I will offer you this, before this comes to blows. Step aside and give up Geoff here, so that I may personally escort him to town, or strike me down where I stand. Your choice," he adds, looking around to see if anyone else sees the side of logic and reasoning.
Elmo
 NPC, 40 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 12:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Elmo can use their packs and cloaks to cover her remains while we transport them back to the grove. It's not like we are days away from it." Elmo says. He seems to ignore Milander's comment.

Elmo then turns to Geoff saying "I'm sure these would be interested in where you keep your treasure, perhaps now would be a good time to tell them, lest they give into their anger."
Geoff
Fri 11 May 2018
at 12:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Back in the tower, well whatever the other 2 didn't take with em by now. Course if you took after them you might still catch them." he says.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 129 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 14:28
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"The daft youngling is not right, the meat will keep until Elmo takes her back. Fortunately I'm more interested in the treasure than that blasted temple.... for now. So which of you idiots are smart enough to come with me now, or are all of you so invested in the welfare of a couple of rapists that you're ready to help the bandits by thinning their ranks? Me, I'm going to find the treasure room, and Hesseth will then follow the freshest scent. Hopefully some of you kill each other quick so I get to keep a bigger share." the old man says, the snake suddenly moving to follow him as he makes his way to where Geoff said the treasure was kept.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 75 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 19:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Triggered action, ray of fire to Albrecht.
Ray hits Touch AC 14 and deal 8 fire damage

This message was last edited by the player at 20:49, Fri 11 May 2018.

DM
 GM, 413 posts
Sat 12 May 2018
at 12:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Everyone other than Ailishi and Larmiun needs to roll initiative, please limit your post to just the initiative roll. They have already rolled their initiatives. I have now rolled Elmo's and Furnok's.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:58, Sat 12 May 2018.

Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 177 posts
Sat 12 May 2018
at 13:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
09:39, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 12 using 1d20+2.  Initiative

Albrecht wouldn't go until after he was attacked, so if Larmiun's roll was less than 12, please move mine to right after he goes.
Velox
 player, 209 posts
Sat 12 May 2018
at 13:46
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Albrecht Delmorn (msg # 420):


09:46, Today: Velox rolled 6 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
Faerrash
 player, 23 posts
Sat 12 May 2018
at 15:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
17:54, Today: Faerrash rolled 3 using 1d20.  init.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 109 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 06:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa shrugs. "I guess there is no shovel then."
DM
 GM, 420 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 11:01
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Furnok, no one seems to know what he is doing.

Larmiun uses an Energy Ray Fire on Albrecht. Albrecht though having been prepared for an attack easily dodges out of the way. (OOC: He had total defense readied)


Ailishi's go then Seralessa's go
Ailishi Urcmon
 NPC, 105 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 11:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi seems to have a bit of change of heart with Larmiun launching an attack. While he's not a smart man, he's certainly got more common sense than the average person and this just seems to be going down a path he doesn't agree with.

He speaks up. "These men are not worth dying, maybe we could do a compromise." the charismatic lad suggests. "We kill the one bandit over there now, and we allow the others to take the bandit leader back to town to face a trial. Everyone wins."

He lowers his weapon into a rest position and takes a 5' step back to show he's trying to disengage.
Velox
 player, 213 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 11:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 425):

Velox was ready for another outburst from Larmiun but happy that the torture was over. "Tell your man here to stop with the fire attacks and we have a deal. An unpleasant one, but one that I think I can live with..."

OOC: Sorry if it is not my turn yet, but hopefully we can act in non-combat terms now... Velox will be in a defensive posture until Larmiun backs down.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 147 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 15:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander frowns disappointedly as cooler heads seem to prevail. "Just when things were about to get interesting, you lot stop your squabbling. Well, any interested in chasing down the bandits follow me, I'll not be letting them get further ahead." the old man says, clearly moving after the runaway bandits.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 181 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 19:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht dodged the bolt fired at him, and was just about to counterattack when Ailishi lowered his weapon. The young man was still leery of Larmiun (obviously, he just shot at him with a ball of flame), but he was visibly less concerned. "Elmo, do you need any help bringing these men back to town, or do you want us to track down the others?" he asked, looking around to see what the others thought.
Faerrash
 player, 27 posts
Mon 14 May 2018
at 20:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash held back his hammer from possibly crushing the other man's head in.  It seemed cooler heads were thinking and had calmed the situation.  Though I was for bringing the bandits to town at first I could be persuaded to find the other bandits before they do get too far ahead of us.
Elmo
 NPC, 41 posts
Tue 15 May 2018
at 06:16
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Elmo looks around "Elmo needs rope to tie them up. Otherwise they might escape"
Seralessa Vadmal
 NPC, 112 posts
Tue 15 May 2018
at 06:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa runs off into the swamps by herself.
Faerrash
 player, 29 posts
Tue 15 May 2018
at 07:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash knows he has some rope and offers enough to tie up the prisoners.  As he is cutting off enough, Seralessa takes off into the swamp.

Now where is she off too?  Guess she didn't want to stay?  Or is has she been a scout?  Faerrash hadn't known what all the dynamics of the group were completely.
Velox
 player, 219 posts
Tue 15 May 2018
at 15:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox didn't have any rope and he said as much, "I'm sorry Elmo, I didn't bring any rope. Is anyone else better equipped?"

OOC: Not one of the things I purchased with my limited coin... Ailishi or Larmiun have any rope they can spare?
Ailishi Urcmon
 NPC, 106 posts
Thu 17 May 2018
at 10:58
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"No I didn't come to take bandits prisoner, I came to kill em." Ailishi replied sternly.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 NPC, 80 posts
Thu 17 May 2018
at 11:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun backs away slowly. It seems he had hoped things would go better for him. "Hey lets go" he says as he takes the road back towards Hommlet.
Ailishi Urcmon
 NPC, 107 posts
Thu 17 May 2018
at 11:01
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Soon as I get our share of scapls" Ailishi says as he moves to a dead body and scalps it. Then moves to another.

"There that's one each" he says as he follows after Larmiun.

They seem to leave the other bandit alive for you to deal with.
Velox
 player, 222 posts
Thu 17 May 2018
at 14:28
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox considered stopping the pair and then just scoffed, "Fools rushing after small change now..."

He then helped Elmo secure the prisoners with the rope Faerrash provided and then said, "Come, let's catch up with the Old Man Milander before he got himself killed.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 149 posts
Thu 17 May 2018
at 17:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander and Hesseth spend time picking up the trail of the missing bandits and finding their treasure room.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 185 posts
Sat 19 May 2018
at 01:58
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht ignored the other men leaving, and assisted in the binding of the bandit and leader, and in tracking the other two that were still loose.
DM
 GM, 427 posts
Mon 21 May 2018
at 07:10
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PMs
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 150 posts
Tue 22 May 2018
at 03:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Milander and Hesseth look for the trail... And of course any treasure that might be inside.
Faerrash
 player, 31 posts
Thu 24 May 2018
at 12:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash helped bind the prisoners and once done he looked to those that were staying to hunt down the other bandits.

Shall we head out and find these other bandits?  If they heard us there is a possibility that they may have left.  The other thing that we need to think about is this "Beautiful" person the prisoners talked about

This message was last edited by the player at 12:31, Thu 24 May 2018.

Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 187 posts
Thu 24 May 2018
at 18:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht chuckled at Furnok's words, nodding his head as he watched the others get ready to leave. "Are you two okay to go back to town while we find the other bandits?" he asked Elmo and Furnok, preparing to follow Faerrash, Milander, and whoever else was going.
DM
 GM, 429 posts
Mon 28 May 2018
at 04:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PM and waiting for Velox
DM
 GM, 430 posts
Mon 28 May 2018
at 06:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox, Albrecht and Fearrash head off to find the old wizard, who they believe went the way that Velox and Ablrecht had come from.

Elmo heads back to town with the prisoners. He promises to rejoin you when you reach town.

Furnok stays with the group in the hopes of more treasure.
Velox
 player, 224 posts
Mon 28 May 2018
at 11:30
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox followed after the others, he kept his flail at the ready. "I hope that Old Man didn't get himself killed."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 151 posts
Mon 28 May 2018
at 17:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander let's Hesseth lead the way, going up the steps.
DM
 GM, 433 posts
Mon 4 Jun 2018
at 05:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You move along a bit :)
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 188 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 12:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht continues after Milander, wondering when, or if, they'll find the other bandits.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 154 posts
Tue 5 Jun 2018
at 14:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Secrets!
Velox
 player, 226 posts
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 04:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox follows Albrecht along as he follows the path.
DM
 GM, 443 posts
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 04:53
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PM
Faerrash
 player, 35 posts
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 08:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash likewise follows after the others.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 159 posts
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 13:41
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Things happen...
DM
 GM, 445 posts
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 11:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox, Faerrash and Albrecht move on towards the stairs.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 161 posts
Thu 14 Jun 2018
at 22:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander follows his snake, but leaves a marking on the wall in ink for which direction he went.
DM
 GM, 448 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 13:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Hesseth leads you to the door in the northeast corner. The door is locked.

Albrecht, Velox and Faerrash come up the steps and can see Milander puttering around the door to the northeast corner of this ruined great hall. It appears he's trying to open it.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 162 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 15:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man turns to the rest of you and says, "Took you long enough. They went behind here."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 193 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 13:02
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht looks puzzled briefly. "Does anyone here know how to pick a lock?" he asked the other four, assuming Furnok was still there.
Furnok
 NPC, 28 posts
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 07:11
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Furnok appears seemingly from no where "Well I do, I'd be happy to give it a go, that is why you brought me along isn't it?"

Furnok moves over to the door and examines the lock and produces to lock picks from a pocket. It only takes him a few moments "They probably should have spent more on the lock, would one of you care to open the door now?" he says.
Furnok
 NPC, 29 posts
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 04:32
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seeing that none objects Furnok makes his way to the door and looks over the lock. "Ah it's just a simple lock, this won't take to long. It's a shame about your former colleagues, we'll have to be careful lest they attempt to waylay us on our way back to town."

He listens for the clicks and then says "Ah the door is ready to open my friends."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 165 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2018
at 13:21
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man opens the door brusquely and looks inside as it swings ajar.
Faerrash
 player, 36 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2018
at 14:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash had his hammer in hand and a song on his breath waiting for something to happen.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 194 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2018
at 14:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht drew his axe and stepped in behind the others.

OOC: Activating Island of Blades stance. Anyone adjacent to an enemy I am adjacent to gets flanking bonus.
DM
 GM, 459 posts
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 07:12
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The chamber is floored in black flagstones, and has ebon-colored wall hangings (now burnt and tattered) in addition to the jumbled wreckage noted. There are bedrolls pitched in odd corners, and the remains of fires can be noted in the northern
fireplace.

The Northern Wall has 2 arrow slits, each of the other walls has 1 arrow slit. There is rubble from the collapse in the southeast corner of thew all, and there may have been a second arrow slit in the eastern wall where the rubble now lies when the place was built.

The room looking over it was nicely decorated in its heyday, this most likely was the chambers of an important person. Perhaps the Lord of the Moathouse once resided here during the days of the Temple of Elemental Evil.
DM
 GM, 463 posts
Sun 15 Jul 2018
at 13:42
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Hello?
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 195 posts
Sun 15 Jul 2018
at 13:56
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I thought you said there were enemies in here?" Albrecht asked, walking inside slowly as he checked the corners.
Velox
 player, 227 posts
Sun 15 Jul 2018
at 14:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"That's what the bandit said that he had fellows here is it not?" Velox says. He looks about trying to size up the area. "I suppose its well enough to keep the weather off you. I wonder what it looked like during it's heyday."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 166 posts
Sun 15 Jul 2018
at 14:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander has Hesseth track the freshest, most recent scent. "Probably ran off, but Hesseth should be able to track them down."
Faerrash
 player, 37 posts
Sun 15 Jul 2018
at 16:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash saw the bedrolls pitched in different spots.  There for sure was someone here at one time.  He wasn't capable of really tracking anyone down though so he let the others that could do it, do it.  There had to be someone here before.  Perhaps they are just out and will return?  While Hesseth is tracking them down we could lay a trap?
DM
 GM, 465 posts
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 07:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Hesseth seems to be sticking his tongue out, but he seems distracted by hunger and seems to be tracking down a mouse right now.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 196 posts
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 07:10
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht couldn't help but chuckle at the snake. Useless. Oh well. "We can either wait here, or try to see if they ran outside. It should be easier to track them in the mud," the young man suggested with a shrug. Either option was fine for him.
DM
 GM, 469 posts
Mon 23 Jul 2018
at 04:32
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht notices that the rubble leading from the southwest corner of the tower forms a somewhat makeshift bridge that someone could use to cross the moat.
DM
 GM, 471 posts
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 07:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Sadly I have to report that it's just Albrecht and Milander here :(, Faerrash has decided to leave the game :(
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 197 posts
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 09:03
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Velox hasn't logged in in a month and a half. Unless he specifically warned you he'd be gone for awhile I fear he may have given up hope as well.
DM
 GM, 472 posts
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 12:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Velox left rpol :(, for a while, I hope he will return he took a rpol vacation, which Faerrash has done before too but Faerrash is just leaving here he said he just wasn't getting into it, there are new folks on the way from Verbobonc though.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 199 posts
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 13:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"They might have went through there..." the young man commented as he pointed to a hole in the rubble while he walked towards it in an attempt to head through it.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 167 posts
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 18:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man nods and directs Hesseth to track through the hole.

Such is life. Its cool though, new people mean shedding old drama :p
DM
 GM, 475 posts
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 15:17
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Hesseth begrudingly ends his hunt for the mouse and checks out the make shift bridge. He slithers out onto the rubble and pokes his head down and to the right and left checking it out. Milander has a sense that the snake does detect humans went this way within the last hour.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 168 posts
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 15:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Within the last hour then. Hesseth, I will let you eat one of the thieves if you can track them down quickly." he says, attempting to bribe his animal companion into finding the trail as he follows it down the hole.

Corrected, thank you! I did misread that.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:27, Thu 26 July 2018.

Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 200 posts
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 20:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: I think you misread that. Sounds like they WERE there within the last hour. :P

Albrecht follows the snake outside and begins looking for what he thought was the most likely escape route.
Hesseth
 Animal Companion, 5 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 12:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Hesseth eyes the old man curiously for a moment, you get the impression he doesn't believe you as he's to small to eat a man.

Still after a bit of scornful look he scoots along the rubble bridge. He arrives on the other side of the moat and looks about not sure which way they went.

OOC: Keep in mind Hesseth doesn't have track feat :)
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 170 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 13:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Lying or no, once the snake started moving, the old man followed, and once the snake was stymied he began to do his own search for a trail.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 201 posts
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 13:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Isn't there a spell or something you can use?" the young man asks, clearly unsure of this whole magic thing and how it works. He crosses with Milander and starts a small fire, making sure it will smoke. "Maybe they'll be attracted to the smoke again..." he muses out loud.
DM
 GM, 476 posts
Mon 30 Jul 2018
at 04:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander is able to find the trail the bandits took. Look like they are headed north of the moathouse.

Since the DC is only 10 to find them you can make another roll to follow their tracks :) (Above 10 you have to have track feat, just your survival roll is much better than Hesseth's).
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 171 posts
Mon 30 Jul 2018
at 17:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Makes sense


Milander starts blazing a trail, moving quite quickly now that he's on the hunt.
DM
 GM, 478 posts
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 04:22
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You start following the tracks, they are leading north, perhaps a bit east as well. The bandits do not seem to be covering their tracks. It appears they may be headed deeper into the marshes.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 202 posts
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 07:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht follows behind Milander, eager to catch what was hopefully the last of this group of brigands. Not to mention the loot they supposedly carried.
DM
 GM, 484 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 04:56
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The trail continues north.

Please make Listen checks
Velox
 player, 229 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 05:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"You hear that?" Velox asks while stopping cold on the trail readying his weapon.
Furnok
 NPC, 30 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 05:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
A disembodied voice comes from seemingly no where, you recognize the voice as Furnok's but you don't see the gambler. "Yeah sounds like fighting ahead, the bandits may have run into some trouble."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 204 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 18:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht stopped long enough to listen for what was going on ahead. "Come on, old man! Perhaps our quarry got caught up in a fight," the younger man smiled, drawing his axe as he approached the sounds of fighting.

14:33, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 16 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 9.  Listen.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 172 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 19:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man turns his neck to the left, and then to the right, each time eliciting a sound like breaking bounds before casting a spell that covered his body in the shape of a translucent, scaly dragon, and then another on his quarterstaff as he follows Albrecht, "Hopefully this at least will be amusing."
DM
 GM, 485 posts
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 08:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht and Milander rush forward to see what may be causing the noise. Milander gets his spells cast before following. You move forward and sure enough the two bandits have run into some trouble.

It appears the two have been ambushed by some sort of reptilian creature. The creature fighting them as green black scales, there are horns protruding from his head. It has wings coming from its back. It is small in size though. One of the bandits has been seriously wounded by what appears to be a bite though the creature does not seem to be injured.


Neither of the sides of combatants seems to have noticed you yet.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 205 posts
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 13:11
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht looks over the two sides of combatants, and unsure of which side to attack first, he looks to Milander and shrugs. "Kill the winner?" he whispers, trying to stay in the bushes if he can.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 173 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 13:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander grins and says out loud[Language unknown:  "Sanateset et, plain n ceek lo, eead e wheca san enc she ou but leos re re ititio tratur his."] He says.
DM
 GM, 491 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2018
at 11:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Milander's voice carries and the bandits look off in your direction as does the reptilian creature who looks over with its skull like visage.

The creature bites into one of the bandits and then claws his chest. He falls dead. Another claw at the other bandit scrapes across his armor but does not draw blood.

 the creature retorts to Milander
DM
 GM, 499 posts
Sat 25 Aug 2018
at 13:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht senses that the dragons motives are hostile, not just to the bandits but to them as well.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 174 posts
Sat 25 Aug 2018
at 15:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Impatient hatchlings inevitably bite off more than they can chew." Milander growls, and with a smile adds, [Language unknown:  "Ersshesti holl p nolawi ersng, us ureureaveica at ates tedatiastinelarand. Set whi icwa meivadst eickmi ut lo n menintave e p, ansom Mo et set utica le ortnd o melawa ol eince ou alplpl Un ica atiicaher re. Ble pa, oustinichhou e er ectat a t ruttratra."] He says, in an almost grandfatherly tone.
DM
 GM, 500 posts
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 09:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
05:30, Today: DM, for the NPC Black Dragon, rolled 25 using 1d20+7.  Modified Level Check.
05:29, Today: DM, on behalf of Milander Vos Drago, rolled 18 using 1d20.  Intimidate Check.


The black dragon looks at you intensely

05:35, Today: DM, for the NPC Black Dragon, rolled 23 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.
05:32, Today: DM, on behalf of Velox, rolled 22 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
05:33, Today: DM, on behalf of Albrecht Delmorn, rolled 14 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
05:34, Today: Furnok rolled 11 using 1d20+8.  Initiative.
05:33, Today: DM, on behalf of Milander Vos Drago, rolled 6 using 1d20-5.  Initiative.
05:35, Today: DM, for the NPC Unnamed Bandit, rolled 1 using 1d20.  Initiative.


The Black Dragon then bites into the bandit's left shoulder while clawing over its face and chest. The bandit slumps to the ground.

Velox calls out charging forward "You shall die evil!" raising his heavy flail and bringing it down across the dragons front.

05:43, Today: DM, on behalf of Velox, rolled 23 using 1d20+9.  Charging Smiting Evil Vs Black Dragon.
05:44, Today: DM, on behalf of Velox, rolled 13 using 1d10+5.  Damage.



Post your actions they'll be resolved in order but don't wait to post :) (the bandit cannot be saved he's dead).
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 209 posts
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 12:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Looking at Milander, he shrugged and followed after Velox, charging into battle with a fiery axe held aloft.

08:34, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 20 using 1d20+8.  Charge plus Burning Blade.

08:35, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 9,5 using 1d12+5,1d6+2.  Damage + Fire.

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 175 posts
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 14:28
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander simply hisses in reply as both he and Hesseth double in size.
DM
 GM, 501 posts
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 04:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht charges forth following Velox and attacks the dragon, his axe cuts true into the dragons scales.

Furnok is no where to be seen....it's odd how he keeps doing that...very odd....

Milander casts Enlarge Person causing himself and Hesseth to double in size, Hesseth scoots away from his master as a precaution after the spell is cast.

The dragon snarls at you.  He then flaps his wings and withdraws upward from the heroes soaring nearly 200 feet above you. (OOC: He's withdrawing to a safe distance...well safe for him)

As he withdraws Furnok seems to appear out of no where next to him striking with a short sword. However the sword easily slides against the scales of the dragon causing no harm. Furnok appears to have moved to flank the dragon.


OOC: Since it is a withdraw neither Velox nor Albrecht get an AoO.

The dragon seems to goad Milander a bit

Velox shakes his head "Way to far to hit with my javelin.". He turns to Furnok and says "That's a pretty handy item you have."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 177 posts
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 13:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander merely winks at the creature and moves to the bodies to gather their treasure and make sure they are actually dead.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 210 posts
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 14:44
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht curses the draconic creature as it flies out of reach, turning to look at Milander as it tries to communicate with them. "What in the hells is going on? Out with it!" he demands, turning to the old man as he searches the dead bodies. There would be time for that once all their enemies were dispatched.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 178 posts
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 15:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Just children being children is all. It's throwing a bit of a tantrum because it's lost its treasure. Now help me with these bodies. Blasted hatchling will likely follow us for some time, but it recognizes when its outmatched." Milander says in a tone no more irritated than normal then adds in a regretful tone, "Though I suppose if it lets its greed get the better of its good sense, we'll have to kill it.  Such is the way of things, I suppose."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 211 posts
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 16:58
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht nods, and looks back up at the dragon. "I suppose we shall just have to wait and see what happens then," he shrugs as be begins helping Milander search for loot.
DM
 GM, 506 posts
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 11:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The dragon flies off into the swamp. It looks back now and then until it disappears into the fog.

(OOC: It's below half hit points you should be proud of that :) )

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:40, Mon 03 Sept 2018.

DM
 GM, 508 posts
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 11:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Make search checks for treasure :)
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 212 posts
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 11:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: I rolled a 1, sorry, forgot to put it in my last post lol.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 179 posts
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 16:17
Re: Exploring Hommlet


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBLfQDCumk
DM
 GM, 511 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 07:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You search about but Albrecht keeps his eyes to much on the horizon and is unable to find the treasure.

Milander finds that the bandits were not the first people the dragon had surprised finding two additional bodies who he recognizes as Ailishi and Larmiun. It appears the dragon had not yet stripped them of their gear probably because the bandits arrived too shortly thereafter.

Ailishi:

Kusari Gama                                                        3
Studded Leather Armor                                             20
Waterskin                                                          4
3 Rations                                                          3
Backpack                                                           2
5 SP

Larmiun:

Leather Armor                                                      15
Shortbow                                                            2
Arrows                                                              3
Dagger                                                              1

Waterskin                                                           4
4 Rations                                                           4
Backpack                                                            2
Flint and Steel
10 SP
DM
 GM, 515 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 10:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Guys no posts?
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 180 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 14:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander will strip the gear off all the bodies and let Hesseth eat one of the bandits. He frowns at the lack of gold. Well? You gonna help with all this or what?
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 213 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 19:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: I'm assuming the numbers are weights?

Albrecht will help loot the bodies, taking all of the items Ailshi was carrying as he assumed Milander wasn't going to help with the heavy lifting. "We can sell these things when we get back to town, unless someone wants something. We can keep the food and water, as well as the packs, since I don't have one. Velox, can you carry the rest of the equipment?" he asked.
Velox
 player, 230 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 08:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Sure I can help" Velox says.

OOC: Yes the numbers are weight of items
DM
 GM, 516 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 08:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Are you guys heading back to town now?
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 214 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 13:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Umm... sure? I don't think there's a way to track a flying dragon, unless he's bleeding profusely.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 181 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2018
at 14:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Yarp, I would think so. I mean... there's pretty much no way for us to search more diligently for the treasure that these guys may or may not have buried, huh?

On the way back, Milander scours the area to see if the bandits might have paused to bury something before being killed.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 215 posts
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 01:11
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht aids Milander in his search as they head back to town.
DM
 GM, 531 posts
Sun 3 Feb 2019
at 21:51
Re: Exploring Hommlet
On the way back to town while exploring you find nothing buried that you can find, certainly not something hastily buried by these men before you encountered them.

Where are you heading in town?


Sorry if you saw the previous message, I forgot Elmo took the guy ahead :)

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:34, Mon 04 Feb.

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 187 posts
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 20:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
To whoever will give us money and glory for a job well done!
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 220 posts
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 22:07
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"We should go meet back up with Elmo," Albrecht suggested, heading back to town to find him.
DM
 GM, 538 posts
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 08:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You continue along the path back towards town, night has fallen but you make reasonably good time so far.

You are not far from town when you see Elmo coming back up the way. He notices you and comes immediately towards you.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 221 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2019
at 19:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Hail, friend! You missed a dragon! How did things go in town?" Albrecht asked as he approached Elmo.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 189 posts
Wed 13 Feb 2019
at 19:36
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man totters after Albrecht, his snake in tow. He seems grumpy... but that's not exactly unusual, and his grunt of acknowledgment as he gets within grunting greeting distance of Elmo is not his least friendly one. His grimace was practically a smile...
Elmo
 NPC, 42 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2019
at 08:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"It went well, I turned him over to Burne" Elmo says "Was heading back to see how you lot were doing. A dragon you say? Lucky you escaped I suppose."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 222 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2019
at 13:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"More like, lucky it escaped," the young man chuckled. "It was, admittedly, a very small dragon, likely only just recently hatched. But still," he grinned, obviously beaming with pride at his accomplishment of almost slaying a dragon. "We should try to find it if possible. It might lead us to some good treasure," he added. "Hopefully it's alone, though. I couldn't hope to handle mama dragon," he laughed.
Elmo
 NPC, 43 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2019
at 13:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Burne is wanting to meet with you tomorrow, I suppose about a reward for your efforts." Elmo tells you "The last big dragon in the area Rufus and Burne killed, though that was a five or six years ago. That might have given a younger dragon the opportunity to claim territory."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 190 posts
Thu 14 Feb 2019
at 15:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Foolish to underestimate a dragon, no matter how small. Inferior beings... always thinking themselves superior to that which is beyond their comprehension." the old man muttered.

"But with these fragile bodies... better to eliminate the threat before it hunts us down..." he said with a frown, chewing his mustaches thoughtfully.
Elmo
 NPC, 44 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 11:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"It would have the advantage with night upon us. They have darkvision and low light vision, even without those they can pinpoint your location. It would be wiser to return to town, rest for the night and set off in the morning, perhaps with a few more companions." Elmo cautions.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 191 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 17:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"And water is wet, the sky is blue, and most plants are green." Milander grunts in agreement. Evidently, this is what passed as a compliment for the old man. "But best to get paid for the work we did first. I'd rather not share whatever we find. That noble youngling hasn't likely had time to gather much, and I'm not a fan of splitting it."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 224 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 18:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht didn't look entirely pleased with the decision to wait, but he nodded all the same. "Alright then, let's get paid and get some rest," he agreed, as he headed towards Burne's place.
DM
 GM, 542 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 06:20
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You move towards town and see that Burne's tower has still the light of torches glowing in one of the windows. However the guards seem to be guarding the way.

Elmo motions farther down the road "Burne said to meet him on the morrow, let us head to the Welcome Wench and rest and then on the morrow we'll get up and meet with him. Perhaps he'll have other work for us as well if he's able to pry information from the person."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 225 posts
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 15:02
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"After the day we've had, I think we deserve a drink," Albrecht chuckled as he headed to the tavern.
DM
 GM, 544 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 12:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander are you following them?
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 192 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 13:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander grumbles, but follows, muttering something about wanting to try a hot beverage and get some meat for him (I believe Hesseth has eaten by now).
DM
 GM, 549 posts
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 10:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You guys are approaching town.

I was hoping to move us all together but now I have to see what Grollo is doing :), please be a bit patient and talk among yourselves as Kat and Gora have been :)
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 201 posts
Wed 8 May 2019
at 03:50
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander sits down and orders meat in his gravelly voice.
CO-DM
 GM, 5 posts
Wed 8 May 2019
at 16:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
There's some excitement going on in the inn, which Milander and Albrecht soon overhear, and is further explained when the serving wench Cyna brings over their orders, along with a free round of drinks.

"Did you help put out the fire, too?" she asks. "The barn caught on fire and those folks over there put it out before it was destroyed."

"The innkeeper gave a round of drinks to everyone as a reward."



((OOC: Everyone in this thread can now join the other group in the Prelude: Verbobonc to Hommlet thread.))