Exploring Hommlet.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 85 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 16:26
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi, Larmiun and Oren depart the chapel with the intention of talking to several townspeople. Velox departs with them, while he hopes to talk to Burne's Badgers his trek takes him in the same direction so for now he remains with the others to make the final leg into town.

Departing from the Chapel continuing along the road south into town you notice a rather modest cottage on the right. A couple of guard dogs look up and watch as you are walking from the porch of the cottage. They seem alert but are not growling or barking at you.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 10 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 18:48
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi looks at the cottage. It is tempting to just clap his hands, but he doesn't know what kind of man is inside. Would he command the dogs to attack? No, best bet is to just go on, to see if someone walks the street or go directly to the local tavern.

"Let's move on."
Velox
 player, 19 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 18:56
Exploring Hommlet
Velox considers the cottage for a moment, but nods in agreement with Ailishi, saying "Someone thinks there's something worth guarding within, but that's not really our problem right now..."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 19 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 20:34
Exploring Hommlet
"Agreed. Let's move on." He follow Ailishi and Velox, keeping an eye on the dogs just in case they decide to attack.
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 19 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 10:46
Exploring Hommlet
Oren passes by, giving the dogs an even appraisal, before following the others.
DM
 GM, 92 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 11:44
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Oren Stonebreaker (msg # 5):

As you pass by the dogs seeing that you aren't coming put their heads back down on the porch. Another dog comes around from the corner of the house to join his buddies. A middle aged human comes around the corner, seems to scoff in your direction as he enters his home.

You travel farther down and come to a forth in the road.

You can tell from here the left fork passes between two buildings, one is slightly smaller than the chapel and the other is larger. The larger one is mostly made of wood but seems to be in good order. The other slightly smaller than the chapel building seems to be of fine quality, as fine as you'd find in Verbobonc.

Down the right fork you see two buildings about the same size as the fine building but not as good a quality.

Do you take the right fork or the left fork?
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 11 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 10:26
Exploring Hommlet
The old man's reaction confirmed his suspiscion so Ailishi doesn't have any problem in letting him be.

"I think we should go to the right. I prefer to not deal with rich folks first."
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 20 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 10:52
Exploring Hommlet
Oren nods in agreement.  "Aye lad, I can see yer point.  It is the poor who suffer first, generally."  He spoke, following the young man.
DM
 GM, 94 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 12:23
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Oren Stonebreaker (msg # 8):

As you are discussing which way to go you see a guard patrolling coming from the left fork. He is dressed in chainmail, has a shield, longsword and longbow. His shield has what looks like a critter on it, maybe a Badger?

He takes notice of you and slows his stride a little as he approaches the fork.

"Good day" he calls out. "What brings you to Hommlet?"
Velox
 player, 20 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 16:18
Exploring Hommlet
Velox sees the armed and armored guard and steps forward. "Good sir, we are seeking to put an end to the bandit problem that has plagued the area. You aren't a part of the local militia, the Badgers, are you? I was hoping to speak with a representative and find out what is know about the bandits before we proceed with our hunt."

OOC: 08:54, Today: Velox rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Diplomacy.
Haric
 NPC, 1 post
 Burne's Badger
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 05:39
Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Velox (msg # 10):

"I'm part of Burne's Badgers, but Burne's Badgers aren't the towns militia. We are in the service of His Most Worshipful Mage of Hommlett Burne. We do patrol town regularly as well as guard the construction site. Lord Rufus is the leader of Burne's Badgers." he responds.

He notes the blank looks he adds "If you want to talk to Lord Rufus you'll take the left fork here, go over the bridge, then when you come to the next fork take the left fork again and it'll fork again and stay to the left then keep going straight. The guard tower is just past the stonemason's home."
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 21 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 10:08
Exploring Hommlet
Oren tugs his beard slightly, before nodding his head.  "Aye, that sounds like the right and proper way to go about this.  By and by, have ye any thoughts on the bandits, Sir?  Besides the obvious hanging."  He spoke, being respectful of the Badger.  Maybe in the future he could forge them some proper weapons and armor...for a price of course.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 12 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 10:25
Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi nods and pats Velox' back. "I think your road is the left one. I will go to the right. It has been a pleasure, Badger. I think we will see each other again soon."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:19, Fri 11 Aug 2017.

Velox
 player, 21 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 00:30
Exploring Hommlet
Velox nods to Ailishi and then bows his head to the Badger, "Thank you sir for your directions and your greeting. Might I have your name, should I get an audience with Lord Rufus, I would like to tell him what a capable Badger he has in you."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 21 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 14:33
Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun follows Ailishi in silence after giving a respectful bow to the Badger. One thing is a lone priest, another thing is a member of a militia. He can afford to piss off the former, not the last.