Exploring Hommlet.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 86 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 23:01
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi tries to find something to hide behind something, anything.

OOC:
19:48, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 21 using 1d20+2.  Listen.
19:46, Today: Ailishi Urcmon rolled 7 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.

Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 94 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 05:36
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa takes her dagger and seeks cover in the bridge.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 101 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 14:04
Re: Exploring Hommlet


The old man grumbles and begins to shuffle forward slowly after a moment of listening, well after the others had already started to move.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 64 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 23:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"The bridge should be able to support our weight... but only one of us at the time."

Larmiun prepares his shortbow, aiming it to the other side of the moat.

"I can cover you from here if you want to pass the bridge."
DM
 GM, 367 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 12:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Okay folks lets this rolling, note everyone should be posting in this thread starting after this post for at least this battle.

Current Initiative:

Ailishi        21
Furnok         21
Velox          19
Albrecht       15
Bandit Leader  14
Larmiun         9
Elmo            9
Seralessa       7
Bandits         4
Milander       -4

Ailishi (and everyone else that rolled a listen more than 5) recognize the voices as Velox and Albrecht.

Ailishi you are up first, you cannot see the other group from your current position, you would have to cross the drawbridge, it is fortunate that Velox and them had surprise on the bandits who had surpise on you or this could of been a lot messier.

Other folks can post actions as they want, Velox, Elmo, Furnok and Albrecht are all in melee combat with various bandits, two of whom fell in the surprise round (the ones Velox and Elmo struck to move us along.

Anyone with Ailishi will have to cross the bridge first before seeing the enemy. The Drawbridge is approximately 15' long.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 149 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 19:46
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht brings his axe to bare against his foe in two blinding motions, but neither are particularly accurate in his haste.

OOC: Hopefully someone gets some flanking going... otherwise this is a whiff lol.

15:42, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 8,12 using 1d20+4,1d20+4.  Sapphire Nightmare Blade, PA -2.

Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 87 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 10:22
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Great! Do it! I am going!" Ailishi runs to the other side of the bridge spinning his Kusari Gama.
Velox
 player, 153 posts
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 13:56
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 322):

Velox brings his flail down on another enemy feeling the satisfying crunch of contact.


OOC:
If hes able to without provoking AoOs he will step closer to the bandit leader to aid Furnok.
09:48, Today: Velox rolled 14 using 1d10+4.  Damage.
09:48, Today: Velox rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  To hit (flail).

This message was last edited by the player at 13:57, Sat 14 Apr 2018.

DM
 GM, 370 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 05:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi crosses the bridge and he spots the others in a melee combat with what appears to be some surprised bandits. Do you have a missile weapon if so you could fire on a bandit.

Furnok's blade finds a weak spot in the Bandit Leader's chain mail and digs in deep into the man drawing blood, but failing to kill the Bandit Leader.

The only person in melee combat with Velox is the crossbowman still standing with a crossbow, as such he cannot make an AoO. Velox moves up to aid Furnok and his flail smashes into the chest of the Bandit Leader bringing him down.


Albrechts one strike does hit (the crossbowman is only wearing leather...). You need to roll damage.

After Albrecht's damage roll since the Bandit Leader is now down it will be Larmiun's turn.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 150 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 07:11
Re: Exploring Hommlet
03:11, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 14 using 1d12+8.  Damage.
DM
 GM, 371 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 08:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The Crossbowman is dead.

3 Bandits remain at this point, note the group coming from town except for Ailishi now cannot yet see the bandits.

1 bandit is dressed in padded with a shield and has a longword and 3 javelins, he is currently holding a javelin.

1 bandit has a halberd and is dressed in studded leather

1 bandit has a spear in his hand and is dressed in leather with a wooden shield. He also has a shortsword.

Once you cross the bridge which takes a move action you can see the bandits.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 65 posts
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 22:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun rushes to cross the bridge with the firm intention to secure it. As soon as he crosses, he moves to a side to let the others pass and fires an arrow to the first enemy in sight.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 95 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 05:06
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa follows Larmiun dagger in hand, but insted of keeping a distance, she continues moving where the conflict is.
DM
 GM, 372 posts
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 11:22
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun hits one with an arrow but fails to drop the fellow, a moment later Elmo's axe strikes into the back of the fellow and he falls. (This was the guy with the halberd...determined by random roll)

Seralessa crosses the bridge and continues past Larmiun with only a dagger in hand and heads to take on the bandits.

The two bandits withdraw and head off into the marsh one going north and the other going west.

Milander's turn.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 102 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 23:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man shuffles up, squints, and then points, muttering, and the plants begin to writhe.
DM
 GM, 373 posts
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 10:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander's spell catches the bandit moving north as roots spring up and grab his feet holding him tight.

Ailishi's go :)
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 88 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 22:41
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi doesn't doubt in charging against the bandit that is trying to escape, with full intent of piercing his flesh with the blade of his kusari-gama
DM
 GM, 377 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 04:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Which one are you charging?
Faerrash
 player, 12 posts
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 13:53
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash had not left with the group for he still wasn't completely sure about them.  His background had not been one in which a lot of trust had been shown towards his kind.  So after they left he had followed them through the brush but far enough back that they couldn't see him.  He wanted to watch them and make sure they were what he had hoped they were.

When the group came to the bridge Faerrash was a little worried.  This would make it hard for him to stay hidden, for he would have to cross the bridge as well.  He stayed back a bit and when the first group had crossed, something happened as he heard combat up ahead.  He hoped they were okay, so he crept up to where he could get a look.
DM
 GM, 381 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 08:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi charges down the bandit to the west and kills him.

Furnok having no missile weapon decides to start searching the Bandit Leader

Velox your go
Velox
 player, 157 posts
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 15:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seeing all of the other bandits down and the bandit running and caught, and knowing that information could be invaluable, Velox charged the captive bandit and knocked him out with a massive blow from his flail.

OOC:
11:16, Today: Velox rolled 21 using 2d10+8.  Non lethal damage. (That was a 9 and a 4 on the dice by the way)
11:16, Today: Velox rolled 19 using 1d20+3.  Confirm Crit.
11:16, Today: Velox rolled 23 using 1d20+3.  To hit flail - Charge + non lethal penalty accounted for.

DM
 GM, 383 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 11:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox drops the last of the Bandits.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 152 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 11:21
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht, now that the dangers are gone, begins looting the dead. "Luckily for you all, we saw the bandits coming to ambush you after you started that fire. Maybe next time, try to be a bit less conspicuous?" he commented with a wry grin to anyone within earshot.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 66 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 12:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Lucky for you we have come to help you in the last moment." Larmiun chuckled and begun to loot the bodies too.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 103 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 12:51
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I did try and warn tye idiots, but I'm just an old man, what do I know about living a long time?" the old man says waspishly, also going through the bodies. "I hope you left one of 'em alive to question."