Exploring Hommlet.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Faerrash
 player, 13 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 13:05
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash was still hidden in the brush behind the group as they seemed to take care of business with the bandits.

Deciding it was time to show himself Faerrash strode out onto the road with his hand up.  Greetings again friends.  I see that you have managed against these bandits.  I hope my song aided your strikes.
Velox
 player, 158 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 18:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox laughed at Milander's jest about his age and said, "Aye, I kept my wits about me and made sure just to knock this fella out. We can revive him and get him to speak. The first question is whether he's seen the Druid's Aspirant and if so, where is she?"

He paused and then said, "I am glad you finished up at the tavern and decided to give chase. We camped out after taking out a few frogs and then when we got here we had to take care of a few more frogs, a big spider and what was that other thing, oh yeah a giant adder. But a few well placed blows by Albrecht. Elmo, Furnok and I and they weren't too much trouble..."

His greeting and recap completed he started to smack the bandit that he'd knocked out awake and tried his best to revive him. "I'd hate to have to waste a spell on this fella, anyone else know how to wake someone up without throwing them in the river? Seems to me the frogs might eat him before he could answer our questions afterall."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:24, Wed 25 Apr 2018.

Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 97 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 07:07
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"You are not just an old man, you are also just a senile imbecile. Otherwise your age would have been proof of a far greater power than we have. Something clearly you don't show. Do you really expect us to follow your lead?" Seralessa doesn't even turn to Milander, she just walks to the surviving bandit, nodding to everyone else.

She kneels at the fallen bandit's side. "First, we should make sure he can still endure anything we do to him."
DM
 GM, 384 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 09:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PMs


Will finish when I get home and can add the treasure PMs, note unless your a thief folks will probably notice you trying to pocket anything.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 90 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 10:21
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi was going to say something but he happily begins to loot the bandit he has just killed.
DM
 GM, 386 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 11:07
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You discover as a group that the Bandit Leader is dying but not really dead yet. I assume you will bind up his wounds and he stabilizes, as he might be more knowledgeable than the bandit Velox subdued.

Treasure

Bandit Leader
     Gold Chain  --Around his neck
   2 Cistrines  -- Also in Belt Pouch
     Belt Pouch (Which has 13 PP and 17 SP in it)
     Chain Mail
     Light Steel Shield
     Spear
     Longsword

Bandit 1
     Padded Armor
     Light Wooden Shield
     Short Sword
     3 Javelins
     Small Belt Pouch (with 6 SP)

Bandit 2 (Currently unconscious Bandit Velox hit)
     Leather Armor
     Light Wooden Shield
     Spear
     Hand Axe
     Small Belt Pouch (with 7 SP)

Bandit 3
     Leather Armor
     Short Sword
     Light Crossbow
     10 Crossbow Bolts
     Small Belt Pouch (with 8 SP)


Bandit 4
     Leather Armor
     Club
     Light Crossbow
     10 Crossbow Bolts
     Small Belt Pouch (with 11 SP)


Bandit 5
     Leather Armor
     Light Mace
     Light Crossbow
     10 Crossbow Bolts
     Small Belt Pouch (with 11 SP)


Bandit 6
     Studded Leather Armor
     Halberd
     Small Belt Pouch (with 4 SP)
Faerrash
 player, 14 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 11:22
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash said, yes I did see you all enjoying the meals you found.  After you left the area I too enjoyed some of the parts of the frog you all didnt finish eating.  So, where are you all heading to?

As Faerrash continued he strode among he old companions to see if any were injured.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 153 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:32
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht collected the coins and put them all together with ones they'd found earlier for later dividing, assuming everyone was okay with it. "I would like to request some form of ranged weapon, even if I am not very skilled with them. Perhaps a crossbow and some bolts?" he asked, looking at the draconic man with a blank expression before it dawned on him who he was. "Ah, Faerrash, nice to have you back. We could have used the help earlier, but... better late than never," he laughed.

OOC: PPs are 10x Gold, right? I'm assuming we didn't find any gold on the Adder either? Right now I think we have 400 gold, and the haul from this encounter, to divide. How many of us are there?
DM
 GM, 387 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Current Party:

Players:

Ailishi
Arbrecht
Faerrash
Larmiun
Milander
Seralessa
Velox


NPCs:

Elmo (Elmo agreed to join for just a half share, after he pays off his axe and armor) Elmo's kinda happy go lucky (and seems drunk most of the time, but seems to sober up when there is fighting going on).
Furnok (Furnok agreed to join for a share) he's probably going to object to sharing with what was found prior to the others joining with them :).


Yep 10 GP to 1 PP :)

I'm not sure of the total I'll have to check back on that but if you keeping good track that might be good, might want to appraise that gold chain and those small gems too :)

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:41, Thu 26 Apr 2018.

Elmo
 NPC, 38 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:42
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Elmo looks around "Not bad" he says almost to himself.

He notices the others have come "Good to see you again Seralessa, I hope you found enough flowers."
Furnok
 NPC, 26 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:44
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Furnok takes out a magnifying glass and seems to be examining the gems "Ah uh uh" he says while doing so "Yep what I thought". He then tells you "These are worth maybe 50 gold a piece"

He then takes the gold chain and looks over it, his interest seems to peak a bit more on this one "I'd say this would fetch a couple hundred gold"
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 104 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 13:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander, raised an eyebrow at Seraleesa, and then grinned slyly as she walked towards the unconscious bandit. "Knowledge is power, such as the knowledge on how to wake up someone unconscious." he says, as he mutters a word and snaps his fingers and a gallon of water douses both Seraleesa and the bandit as the old man cackles as he and his man-sized snake go to look over the various items collected, casting a spell to detect magic to see if any we're... More special than they appeared.
DM
 GM, 388 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 14:09
Re: Exploring Hommlet
PM
Velox
 player, 163 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 21:04
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox secured the bandit with a rope and then prayed a brief prayer as he stood over him, his flail at the ready to put the man out of his misery.

"So, you and your boys like to prey on those who happen to be passing by... Too bad I and my boys got the jump on you. Bet you didn't expect the assault to be coming from behind, now did ya? That's beside the point though. You'll be telling me about your outfit, but more importantly about whether you've seen and captured a young woman, an aspirant of a local druid in the past few days. Tell the truth and I'll ensure you are spared. Tell us nothing or lies and I have no problem letting my friends here do their worst."

OOC: Cast Cure Minor Wound after tying the bandit up.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 105 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 21:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander said nothing, but Hesseth slid forward, hissing and rearing up menacingly at the man Velox talked to. "Hesseth seems hungry." he says conversationally.

(Aid other on gather info/intimidate?)
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 69 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 23:33
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun gets closer to the surviving bandit. He too wants answers. "The rest of the bandits. I want number, names, I want the locations of the hideouts and the places of every trap we may found as any password you may be using to recognize each other. Tell me all I need, and I will spare the lives of your loved ones. Don't do it, and I will kill those who you care the most slowly and painfully. Now think of them, and tell me the truth."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 98 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 07:34
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa feels the water falling upon her and immediately knows what is happening. "Exactly. Knowledge is power and you seem awfully dependant on your spells to do even the most basic things. Showing that your knowledge is extremely limited. Don't overstimate your power, senile old man. You may soon discover how pathetic it is."
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 91 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 10:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Yes, be a good man and tell us everything we need." Ailishi grins and swings his kusari gama just two inches away from the bandit leader's face.
DM
 GM, 389 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 11:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: Seralessa wasn't at the Bandit Leader she was at the other bandit that Velox subdued, and thus that bandit is awake not the leader. The leader is in significant negative hp total and probably would require more than one spell (unless you got lucky) to bring to consciousness. So I'm assuming all intimidation efforts were against him. It wasn't discovered that the other was still alive until a few post later :)


The bandit jerks to consciousness as the water soaks him. "What?!" he exclaims.

He looks a bit frightened. "I don't know. We take our orders from someone called The Beautiful, that's all I know. I've never met em. I'm not even sure where The Beautiful is located. We give him half then split the rest among us. I think we've been paying to much seeing as how today's gone!"

He points over to the other fellow "That's our leader, his name is Geoff, he might know more."
Velox
 player, 165 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 16:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox's eyes follow the bandit's pointing and he sees the bandit leader near death. He moves over to the man's side and prays, feeling a rush of Trithereon's blessing pouring out into the man and then quickly moves to secure his wrists as the man wakes up from consciousness.

"Geoff, your man's given you up. My friends here have a number of questions, likely all pertaining to Beautiful, but before you answer those, you'd best answer me quickly. There was a young girl, an Aspirant of the local Druid near here these past few days. Did your crew see her and if so, did you set upon her? Is she alive? Your answer will determine your fate."

He doesn't go so far as to threaten the man's family or even his life, he's carefully chosen his words.
Faerrash
 player, 15 posts
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 08:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The beautiful?  What a name for a leader Faerrash thought to himself.  Faerrash waited for the bandit to answer before asking, When are you supposed to be meeting this Beautiful again?  Is it always in the same spot?  These questions should be easy to answer for the bandit since he was always with.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 93 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 10:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"And we will have to determine if what they are saying is true, of course." Ailishi adds. "Bandits are not known for their honesty."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 70 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 00:24
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun pays attention to everything it is said.
DM
 GM, 392 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 13:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox calls upon his Favored Soul and heals the Bandit Leader just enough to come too.

Faerrash while Velox was so engaged decided to question the one woken by Milander's create water spell. Ailishi and Larmiun were close by.

This bandit looked up at Faerrash a bit worried looking at the creature "They always come the second night after we raid a caravan to get their share. I've never seen the Beautiful myself, but his men are well equipped and well trained. Ask Geoff he'll tell you!"


Geoff wakes up and looks about a bit bewildered. He's not used to being on this side of an attack. "That fool Jaroo should mind his own business. What happened to the girl is his fault, no other." he pauses a moment sweat pouring off his face as he looks up at Velox and around at the rest of you "You'll find her about 100 yards that way" he says pointing west. "Well what's left of her."
Velox
 player, 174 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 14:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox's face drops into a scowl as he says, "Watch him. I will see to the girl. Though he has some explaining to do if what he's implied is true."

Velox rises and walks to the west, covering the distance indicated his eyes scanning for any signs of the Aspirant.