Exploring Hommlet.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 112 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 15:01
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander gives Hesseth a look... who slides over to the Bandit Leader and simply stares at him, while the old man totters off after Velox.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 94 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 1 May 2018
at 22:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi holds Velox' shoulder. "Don't go there alone. Noone knows what you can find there."

He grabs Geoff face and caresses with the tip of the blade of his kusari-gama the skin right on the prisioner's jugular vein. "Tell me what we should expect to find there, what happened to her, and you won't die like her."
Velox
 player, 176 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 22:42
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 367):

Velox ignores Ailishi and continues forward with Milander in tow.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 99 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 04:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa looks at the scene and shrugs. Remembering the man she previously met, she goes to Elmo. "Is he always like that?" She asks him pointing at Velox.
DM
 GM, 393 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 11:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi is about 60 feet from the Bandit Leader at this time as you had moved to help question the Bandit that was up before Velox healed him. As such you can't stop him from running off into the marsh, or Milander.

Velox and Milander head off into the marsh, with Milander's help Velox finds the remains of the woman. Unfortunately there is not much remaining. There is a puuch though with mistletoe in it and a small gold sickle, as well as a set of clothes. They have been discarded over near a tree. Her remains are scattered though and appear to have been the victim of various animals since her death. The exact cause of death is not apparent with the destruction of her body. If this is the Aspirant, then Jaroo would probably recognize the pouch Velox deduces.
Velox
 player, 179 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 17:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox wanted to scream but he knew that doing so only put those still alive at further risk. Instead he knelt beside the corpse and punched the soft earth. After a moment, he rose, gathered the pouch, the sickle and the clothes and nodding to Milander in gratitude for his company, he returned to the bandits and his new allies.

His shoulders were hunched forward, his face quite downcast when he returned to the others. "It was as he said, she was dead, ravaged by the wild. But why? Why was she out here on her own and why didn't you," he pointed at the leader and continued, "do anything?"
Faerrash
 player, 16 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 19:12
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Grabbing the bandit roughly, Faerrash brings the thug over to where the others are.  They needed to hear what was what.

Everyone, this bandit here says that they always meet the men what work for The Beautiful, they come the second night after they raid a caravan to get their share. The Beautiful is never there, but the men are well equipt.

THen he turns back to the bandit, how many men have you seen come to get their share?
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 158 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 19:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
While he was gone, Albrecht gathered up all the useful items in a pile for later dividing. He kept a crossbow and some bolts out, attempting to claim them if nobody else wanted them.

Albrecht looked saddened by the news, although not as upset as Velox. "That is unfortunate. I'm sorry Velox. I know it meant a lot to you to find her," the young man offered the paladin.

OOC: I'm fine with the "buying off items" plan. Does anyone else want anything? Other than the chainmail issue.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 113 posts
Thu 3 May 2018
at 12:17
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Milander silently surveyed the scene, his lined face stoic and unmoved. His sharp eyes scanned the body and the area carefully. When Velox left, he did not immediately following, but emerged soon after. He said nothing, seemingly lost in his own thoughts.
Velox
 player, 181 posts
Thu 3 May 2018
at 14:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox nodded to Albrecht, "Yes, I had hoped to reach her in time, but it seems we dawdled too long..." He is clearly upset by the circumstances. "If we hadn't camped last night, maybe we could have saved her. Then again we might have met the same fate..." He is clearly trying to come to terms with the loss.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 114 posts
Thu 3 May 2018
at 14:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Not all hatchlings survive long after escaping their shells. You can waste time weeping over broken shards, or you can make an example of those that dared to disturb your clutch." Milander points out, adding in a thoughtful tone. "Sorrow is useless. It will only get you killed, and it is only the living that have the luxury of mourning... or so my mother taught me."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 71 posts
Fri 4 May 2018
at 02:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun waited for an answer to Ailishi and Velox' questions, while looking around.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 102 posts
Fri 4 May 2018
at 06:33
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Seralessa rolls her eyes and just goes to see what is the fuss all about.
DM
 GM, 398 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:41
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi Urcmon:
Ailishi holds Velox' shoulder. "Don't go there alone. Noone knows what you can find there."

He grabs Geoff face and caresses with the tip of the blade of his kusari-gama the skin right on the prisioner's jugular vein. "Tell me what we should expect to find there, what happened to her, and you won't die like her."



The Bandit Leader looks at Ailishi with a bit of worry and some sweat going down his face. "She's dead, shouldn't of been poking her nose in other folks business. You know you have to feed the dogs sometimes. You might of got the better of me and my boys, but we aren't the only ones, we are organized, and they'll have another group assigned to our area within a week."
DM
 GM, 399 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash:
Grabbing the bandit roughly, Faerrash brings the thug over to where the others are.  They needed to hear what was what.

Everyone, this bandit here says that they always meet the men what work for The Beautiful, they come the second night after they raid a caravan to get their share. The Beautiful is never there, but the men are well equipt.

THen he turns back to the bandit, how many men have you seen come to get their share?


"Half a dozen" the bandit responds to Faerrash
DM
 GM, 400 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:50
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun Dol'Uten:
Larmiun waited for an answer to Ailishi and Velox' questions, while looking around.


PM
DM
 GM, 401 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander Vos Drago:
Milander silently surveyed the scene, his lined face stoic and unmoved. His sharp eyes scanned the body and the area carefully. When Velox left, he did not immediately following, but emerged soon after. He said nothing, seemingly lost in his own thoughts.


PM
DM
 GM, 402 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 06:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox and Seralessa cross paths as he is returning to the group and she moves out to see the body.


Velox then speaks with Albrecht

Milander starts to return to the group as Seralessa arrives at the body. He then also speaks to Velox and Albrecht.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 118 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 01:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"It seems to me that neither one of you idiots are giving us any reasons to keep you alive. And if I were to go into the details regarding what I know... well if I have learned anything from my time on this world, its that humans tend to act quite irrationally. I too have known the thrill of power that comes from inflicting suffering on creatures of far less power than you... the only thing that really compares is inflicting unimaginable suffering as a form of vengeance." the old man says, a wistful note in his voice.

Then, shuffling close to the bandit leader and whispering in his ear.

As he whispered, his snake hissed and moved close, the human sized vipers fangs bared. When the old man straightens and smiles in his absent minded fashion. "Of course... if I had something else which might immediately occupy my time... well I do have an equal fondness for treasure."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 160 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 02:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I say we bring them back to town to turn them in to the authorities. Let them rot in jail for their crimes," Albrecht commented, looking down at the bandit leader. "Who knows, they might even give us a reward," he added with a smirk.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 97 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Tue 8 May 2018
at 10:26
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"That is good to know. Tell me where the dogs are now. How many of you are left and where I can find them." Ailishi now buries the blade a little inside the leader's shoulder.
Velox
 player, 190 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:00
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox was furious, but did his best to calm himself. "Look, we can kill him and collect the bounty, but that makes us no better than him. He's confessed to murdering the aspirant just now. Let's take him back to town, along with the evidence we've gathered here and the Aspirant's body and let the people of Hommlet condemn him. He deserves worse than a death by your blade, after what he's done here..."

He wanted to push between the bandit and Ailishi, but restrained himself, knowing how important freedom was to all.
Faerrash
 player, 18 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash having not really clicked with the group offers, I can bring them back to town.  It appears to me that you all are mire than capable to handle yourselves without my assistance. 
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 120 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:33
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"What, and leave me alone with these inferiors?" the old man snapped at the dragon born orc. "Don't you dare. Besides... we are not ALL agreed that letting them live is the best course of action. This one is an enemy, and I have heard no reasons to leave an enemy alive, especially one who might one day return. I made that mistake once, and it cost me dearly." the old man glowers, staring at the bandit leader he had whispered to.
Velox
 player, 191 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox grimaced once more. "Wise words, Milander, although I have little doubt that Hommlet will rule to remove this enemy's head from his shoulders. Word also needs to get back to Jaroo about the demise of his pupil. The dragonborn and I will escort them back, if you all agree, that is."