Exploring Hommlet.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 121 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 17:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Mortals in cities are soft, and it is not just they he has wronged. It is the Druids... and they have their own form of justice. I'm quite certain we can scalp him alive, and then bring him to the druids. Their methods will be... more appropriate I believe."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 163 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 19:51
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"We cannot let this group fall to lawlessness. We are not an authority to make decisions like this, regardless of your past, or your temper," Albrecht responded, looking to Milander and Ailishi in turn as he spoke. "Remove your blade from his shoulder, or you will have mine in yours," he commanded the young man, not moving to grab his weapon yet, but he would not hesitate to do so if things went sideways. "Velox, Faerash and myself are going to bring this man to town, alive, along with his associate. You all can either help us, or head to the Moathouse and wait for us there. We didn't finish clearing it out, and there might be more valuables there."
Velox
 player, 194 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 21:02
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Velox nodded his head in agreement with Albrecht. "And don't worry Milander, if a druid circle is what you're looking for, Jaroo is the local druid and you can be sure he will have a problem with this one's actions."

He pauses and says, "So, what will it be? Are we all headed back to Hommlet?"
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 122 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 21:16
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"And what about the law of Nature, boy? Do you seek to speak for the druids? You, mortals, are so hasty..." he says, somewhat amused, before scowling as he grows thoughtful.

"You do realize how she died, yes? What they did to her? What HE did to her? You understand how long she suffered their depravations as they violated her. How she did not die quickly, that her death was slow, painful, and humiliating. How she died with the smell of the men that abused her filling her nostrils as she choked on her own blood, gasping for air as they took her, two and three at a time? Yes, I do believe Jaroo will approve of being the one to dispense justice, younglings... but do not expect the return to be swift or without incident. They have friends, they have reinforcements, and they have a leader that is not this human. They will have trackers and hounds, and they will have a reputation that has suffered a deep wound that only retribution can heal." he says, his eyes never leaving the bandit's.

"I care not for the outcome, but should we lose these scalps when we return, it will not come out of MY share." the old man says, turning and walking away from the group to explore the ruins themselves.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 164 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 00:19
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"What's done is done. We cannot be the ones to decide what happens to this man, regardless of what he has done. The law of man is the only law I care about, so if you would like to try make sure this man is given the justice he deserves, help make a case against him," Albrecht responded as he watched Milander go the wrong direction. "If you aren't going to help us take him back, you aren't getting a share of the bounty," he adds.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 124 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 00:36
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The snake hasn't moved from the prisoner as Milander says without turning around, "I'll know when you're finally ready to leave boy. And I wouldn't try to move the prisoner until then... Hesseth might think you're helping him escape. But I'll not waste time arguing philosophy with a hatchling."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 165 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 00:55
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Your little 'pet' does not intimidate me. Not even an hour ago, I killed a snake twice as big as him," Albrecht responded, shaking his head. Maybe eventually the old codger would realize that age wasn't the only measure of a man's worth, but he doubted it. "I'm ready as soon as we gather some evidence. I don't want to go back to town with empty accusations."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 125 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 01:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The man sized snake hissed, as if it understood the comment, and the old man grumbled before turning around. "First... its not the snake you should be worried about... it's what will happen to you should he so much as chip a fang biting your thick skull. Second, any backwoods cleric should be able to put up a truth zone, or use a divination to sift through his thoughts. And I can list out a medical report that will describe what I found on the body that will qualify as credible... Provided I am treated with the respect I deserve... And it gets us moving away from that accursed temple." he says, glowering.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 103 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 15:39
Re: Exploring Hommlet

Seralessa returns to the group. "Does someone have a shovel?"
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 100 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 10 May 2018
at 10:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I don't deserve to carry this man and keep it slowing me when I am trying to move."

Ailishi stands up, pulling the blade and opening it even more.

"I will do far more than digging my blade in his flesh. Do you have a problem with that? You can be his heroe then."
Faerrash
 player, 19 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 11:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Faerrash hasnt been with these people very long and hasnt seen the interactions up front between them until this point.  It seemed to him that there was a big divide between a few of the members. One thing that was front and center right now was this man with his blade to an unarmed kneeling man.  Faerrash didnt care for the bandit one way or the other but he was against people just murdering others with a possibility of defence.

You will take you blade away from him now or I will force you too, the very large dragonborn said to Ailishi.
Geoff
Thu 10 May 2018
at 12:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi Urcmon:
"That is good to know. Tell me where the dogs are now. How many of you are left and where I can find them." Ailishi now buries the blade a little inside the leader's shoulder.



In the moathouse in the intact tower. Two more but they'll be gone by now. After all they most likely kept eyes on this way. They'll report what happened, no doubt others will replace us. Geoff answers while pointing back towards the moathouse.
Elmo
 NPC, 39 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 12:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Ailishi Urcmon:
"I don't deserve to carry this man and keep it slowing me when I am trying to move."

Ailishi stands up, pulling the blade and opening it even more.

"I will do far more than digging my blade in his flesh. Do you have a problem with that? You can be his heroe then."


Elmo's facade of being a drunkard seems to leave him. He moves forward the battleaxe in his hand with a competence he places it between Ailishi and Geoff. "Elmo does not wish to see so many fight over this. This is no place for men who would fall into darkness. If you are so tempted by evil here and now, how will you face the master of Temple of Elemental Evil when the time comes, or will her voice call unto you as well turning you to their whim?"

Elmo pauses, his weapon looks to be very well made, much better than the one the blacksmith loaned you. It almost sparkles in the sunlight.

"Elmo will return the Aspirants remains to the grove that Jaroo may properly bury her. This that she might take her new form when the time comes. As for these two, there is a bounty by Verbobonc for their scalps that much is true, but they may be of more worth to take to town and have tried. That might give the people hope that the dark times are not returning."
Furnok
 NPC, 27 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 12:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Furnok seems to have disappeared preferring to remain outside the conflict if there be any, hey dead men can't spend their gold.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 170 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 12:49
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Ailishi Urcmon (msg # 400):

Albrecht noticed the demeanor of the other young man, and pulled out his own weapon as Faerrash stood up for him. "If you want to strike at me, I wish you the best of luck in that endeavor," he commented, standing tall. "I agree with Elmo though. Perhaps you will think it wiser than crossing this many of your allies."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 73 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 15:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Larmiun gets closer to the group, having sating his curiosity. "I just can't believe that a bandit's life is worth so much for any of you." He chuckles.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 127 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 15:23
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man seemed to be watching the scene unfold with keen interest... until Elmo dropped his facade. Upon hearing what he has to say, Milander walks up to the man and says quietly, "Perhaps you should finally reveal all you know of the Temple, before you get these fools killed."
Velox
 player, 199 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 15:44
Re: Exploring Hommlet
In reply to Larmiun Dol'Uten (msg # 406):

Velox smiled at the laughing man and said, "I fear you misunderstand. Murdering a helpless man, bandit or innocent, would be an act of banditry in and of itself. It is clear that this man deserves to die, but I would have Ailishi not lose his humanity in the torment and taking of that life. I believe justice for the poor girl and the other victims is also of significant value. Returning him to Hommlet could bring some justice to those he has killed or worse. But it sounds like we have more to explore and perhaps Elmo’s got more to tell us.”
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 104 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 05:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Seralessa gets closer to everyone else, showing she only has a dagger with her. "So... noone has a shovel then? I can't bury a body with this."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 128 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 05:43
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"You got wax in your ears hatchling? The girl's raped and defiled corpse is going with Elmo, to be buried by her people." the old man says in his usual tone, his eyes never leaving Elmo.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 106 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 06:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"The corpse will soon smell bad if not already, old idiot. If Elmo drops his act, he can use a spoon to lift the pieces that was left of the woman."

She looks to Elmo and then to everyone else.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 171 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 07:08
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"I would like to agree that moving the body is best, but if what Seralessa is saying is true, perhaps it would be best to try to bury her. Unless we can find something to carry her remains in, but then we risk the ire of her family at the disrespect we paid her body... Either way this is an unpleasant task with no perfect outcome," Albrecht responded, eyes still firmly glued to Ailishi in case he did something.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 101 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Fri 11 May 2018
at 10:30
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"And another one joins! You shall better be worth it!" Ailishi chuckles to the leader of the band when the other creature decides to speak like Albrecht.

"Well, time to fight for justice here." He knows there will be blood the moment Albrecht took his weapon.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 172 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 11:18
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Wow! I was unaware we were in the company of such an accomplished duelist in our dear Ailishi here! Willing to take on three men at the same time. Shall we perhaps tie one of your hands behind your back as well, to even the odds? Maybe even blindfold you?" Albrecht quips, his words dripping with sarcasm as he openly laughs in the man's face. "I will offer you this, before this comes to blows. Step aside and give up Geoff here, so that I may personally escort him to town, or strike me down where I stand. Your choice," he adds, looking around to see if anyone else sees the side of logic and reasoning.
Elmo
 NPC, 40 posts
Fri 11 May 2018
at 12:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Elmo can use their packs and cloaks to cover her remains while we transport them back to the grove. It's not like we are days away from it." Elmo says. He seems to ignore Milander's comment.

Elmo then turns to Geoff saying "I'm sure these would be interested in where you keep your treasure, perhaps now would be a good time to tell them, lest they give into their anger."