Exploring Hommlet.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Furnok
 NPC, 30 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 05:14
Re: Exploring Hommlet
A disembodied voice comes from seemingly no where, you recognize the voice as Furnok's but you don't see the gambler. "Yeah sounds like fighting ahead, the bandits may have run into some trouble."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 204 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 18:35
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht stopped long enough to listen for what was going on ahead. "Come on, old man! Perhaps our quarry got caught up in a fight," the younger man smiled, drawing his axe as he approached the sounds of fighting.

14:33, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 16 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 9.  Listen.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 172 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 19:54
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The old man turns his neck to the left, and then to the right, each time eliciting a sound like breaking bounds before casting a spell that covered his body in the shape of a translucent, scaly dragon, and then another on his quarterstaff as he follows Albrecht, "Hopefully this at least will be amusing."
DM
 GM, 485 posts
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 08:15
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht and Milander rush forward to see what may be causing the noise. Milander gets his spells cast before following. You move forward and sure enough the two bandits have run into some trouble.

It appears the two have been ambushed by some sort of reptilian creature. The creature fighting them as green black scales, there are horns protruding from his head. It has wings coming from its back. It is small in size though. One of the bandits has been seriously wounded by what appears to be a bite though the creature does not seem to be injured.


Neither of the sides of combatants seems to have noticed you yet.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 205 posts
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 13:11
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht looks over the two sides of combatants, and unsure of which side to attack first, he looks to Milander and shrugs. "Kill the winner?" he whispers, trying to stay in the bushes if he can.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 173 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 13:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander grins and says out loud[Language unknown:  "Mounet prean, ivshe o mous be, ceart it erove is ntech lin rea one erait ac thi sanatiset pocapl hofo."] He says.
DM
 GM, 491 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2018
at 11:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet


Milander's voice carries and the bandits look off in your direction as does the reptilian creature who looks over with its skull like visage.

The creature bites into one of the bandits and then claws his chest. He falls dead. Another claw at the other bandit scrapes across his armor but does not draw blood.

 the creature retorts to Milander
DM
 GM, 499 posts
Sat 25 Aug 2018
at 13:29
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht senses that the dragons motives are hostile, not just to the bandits but to them as well.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 174 posts
Sat 25 Aug 2018
at 15:31
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Impatient hatchlings inevitably bite off more than they can chew." Milander growls, and with a smile adds, [Language unknown:  "Ainproome ast ss thuencect er, is eauillentles na ma wilredlineenestany. Si the nce neasiole olmial a n of witousrom e n, ut Ou i anca na es hait t peeion as ill ec alloneica T reari viriveive she. Ame romni, namoioni i nestr pani mo t forwitect."] He says, in an almost grandfatherly tone.
DM
 GM, 500 posts
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 09:48
Re: Exploring Hommlet
05:30, Today: DM, for the NPC Black Dragon, rolled 25 using 1d20+7.  Modified Level Check.
05:29, Today: DM, on behalf of Milander Vos Drago, rolled 18 using 1d20.  Intimidate Check.


The black dragon looks at you intensely

05:35, Today: DM, for the NPC Black Dragon, rolled 23 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.
05:32, Today: DM, on behalf of Velox, rolled 22 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
05:33, Today: DM, on behalf of Albrecht Delmorn, rolled 14 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
05:34, Today: Furnok rolled 11 using 1d20+8.  Initiative.
05:33, Today: DM, on behalf of Milander Vos Drago, rolled 6 using 1d20-5.  Initiative.
05:35, Today: DM, for the NPC Unnamed Bandit, rolled 1 using 1d20.  Initiative.


The Black Dragon then bites into the bandit's left shoulder while clawing over its face and chest. The bandit slumps to the ground.

Velox calls out charging forward "You shall die evil!" raising his heavy flail and bringing it down across the dragons front.

05:43, Today: DM, on behalf of Velox, rolled 23 using 1d20+9.  Charging Smiting Evil Vs Black Dragon.
05:44, Today: DM, on behalf of Velox, rolled 13 using 1d10+5.  Damage.



Post your actions they'll be resolved in order but don't wait to post :) (the bandit cannot be saved he's dead).
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 209 posts
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 12:38
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Looking at Milander, he shrugged and followed after Velox, charging into battle with a fiery axe held aloft.

08:34, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 20 using 1d20+8.  Charge plus Burning Blade.

08:35, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 9,5 using 1d12+5,1d6+2.  Damage + Fire.

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 175 posts
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 14:28
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander simply hisses in reply as both he and Hesseth double in size.
DM
 GM, 501 posts
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 04:45
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht charges forth following Velox and attacks the dragon, his axe cuts true into the dragons scales.

Furnok is no where to be seen....it's odd how he keeps doing that...very odd....

Milander casts Enlarge Person causing himself and Hesseth to double in size, Hesseth scoots away from his master as a precaution after the spell is cast.

The dragon snarls at you.  He then flaps his wings and withdraws upward from the heroes soaring nearly 200 feet above you. (OOC: He's withdrawing to a safe distance...well safe for him)

As he withdraws Furnok seems to appear out of no where next to him striking with a short sword. However the sword easily slides against the scales of the dragon causing no harm. Furnok appears to have moved to flank the dragon.


OOC: Since it is a withdraw neither Velox nor Albrecht get an AoO.

The dragon seems to goad Milander a bit

Velox shakes his head "Way to far to hit with my javelin.". He turns to Furnok and says "That's a pretty handy item you have."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 177 posts
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 13:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander merely winks at the creature and moves to the bodies to gather their treasure and make sure they are actually dead.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 210 posts
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 14:44
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht curses the draconic creature as it flies out of reach, turning to look at Milander as it tries to communicate with them. "What in the hells is going on? Out with it!" he demands, turning to the old man as he searches the dead bodies. There would be time for that once all their enemies were dispatched.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 178 posts
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 15:37
Re: Exploring Hommlet
"Just children being children is all. It's throwing a bit of a tantrum because it's lost its treasure. Now help me with these bodies. Blasted hatchling will likely follow us for some time, but it recognizes when its outmatched." Milander says in a tone no more irritated than normal then adds in a regretful tone, "Though I suppose if it lets its greed get the better of its good sense, we'll have to kill it.  Such is the way of things, I suppose."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 211 posts
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 16:58
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Albrecht nods, and looks back up at the dragon. "I suppose we shall just have to wait and see what happens then," he shrugs as be begins helping Milander search for loot.
DM
 GM, 506 posts
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 11:40
Re: Exploring Hommlet
The dragon flies off into the swamp. It looks back now and then until it disappears into the fog.

(OOC: It's below half hit points you should be proud of that :) )

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:40, Mon 03 Sept 2018.

DM
 GM, 508 posts
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 11:52
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Make search checks for treasure :)
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 212 posts
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 11:59
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: I rolled a 1, sorry, forgot to put it in my last post lol.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 179 posts
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 16:17
Re: Exploring Hommlet


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBLfQDCumk
DM
 GM, 511 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 07:13
Re: Exploring Hommlet
You search about but Albrecht keeps his eyes to much on the horizon and is unable to find the treasure.

Milander finds that the bandits were not the first people the dragon had surprised finding two additional bodies who he recognizes as Ailishi and Larmiun. It appears the dragon had not yet stripped them of their gear probably because the bandits arrived too shortly thereafter.

Ailishi:

Kusari Gama                                                        3
Studded Leather Armor                                             20
Waterskin                                                          4
3 Rations                                                          3
Backpack                                                           2
5 SP

Larmiun:

Leather Armor                                                      15
Shortbow                                                            2
Arrows                                                              3
Dagger                                                              1

Waterskin                                                           4
4 Rations                                                           4
Backpack                                                            2
Flint and Steel
10 SP
DM
 GM, 515 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 10:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Guys no posts?
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 180 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 14:27
Re: Exploring Hommlet
Milander will strip the gear off all the bodies and let Hesseth eat one of the bandits. He frowns at the lack of gold. Well? You gonna help with all this or what?
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 213 posts
Mon 17 Sep 2018
at 19:47
Re: Exploring Hommlet
OOC: I'm assuming the numbers are weights?

Albrecht will help loot the bodies, taking all of the items Ailshi was carrying as he assumed Milander wasn't going to help with the heavy lifting. "We can sell these things when we get back to town, unless someone wants something. We can keep the food and water, as well as the packs, since I don't have one. Velox, can you carry the rest of the equipment?" he asked.