Deklo Grove.   Posted by DM.Group: archive 1
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 16 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 18:35
Deklo Grove
"Humph. Well, there's the flowers. Don't know who you're talking about, probably some damn fool swinging from a spider's web." And with that Milander strode towards the flowers, casting a wary eye at the treeline. Somewhere along the way, a medium sized snake slithered up next to the old man, which the group would have recognized on the journey as having travelled with the old man. It seemed to stand watch as he stooped to pick the flowers.

[Private to GM: I have immediate jaunt. I get webbed, I'm jaunting out of it. Also, keeping positioning in mind should I have to cast entangle. Will warn anyone if they venture into the area where I would cast that spell.]
Himo
 player, 13 posts
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 20:05
Deklo Grove
"In any event I saw only one so we outnumber them from what I can tell. Tho I'd rather not harm anyone we don't have to. "

Himo continues looking out for signs of danger to keep vigil.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 16 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 04:06
Deklo Grove
Seralessa tries to hide using the trees and pursue the figure.

OOC:
01:03, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 24 using 1d20+5.  Move Silently.
01:03, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 24 using 1d20+5.  Hide check.
01:05, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 2 using 1d20.  Spot.
01:05, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 4 using 1d20.  Listen.

DM
 GM, 93 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 12:04
Deklo Grove
No one answers Albrecht's call out towards the woods. The woods seem quiet, almost to quiet you think, still the flowers can fetch a pretty price.

Himo keeps a watch out even as Milander begins to move to pick flowers. Seralessa moves deeper into the grove moving as quietly as she can while clinging to the shadows of nature.

Hesseth keeps a sharp eye out while his master is picking flowers.

Aldretch watches as Seralessa disappears into the shadows, and cannot see nor hear her at the moment. Hesseth is watching to, his forked tongue going in and out while looking about for danger. Himo likewise loses sight and sound of Seralessa.

[Secret to Himo: Himo you seem to be missing a feat. You took the War Domain bonus for Weapon Focus and also took Dodge as Fighter 1, however you didn't take a 1st level feat? I suspect by skills you may have been trying to decide between Alertness and another feat, let me know.]

[Private to Albrecht Delmorn: Yes I'm making some rolls to speed things up.]

Milander guesses with just him picking it will probably take around an hour to pick a pound of mindflower.

Seralessa does not see nor hear any other sound in the grove, in fact it seems to be getting eerily quiet. No birds chirping either.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 17 posts
Tue 8 Aug 2017
at 12:26
Deklo Grove
"If it's just me picking I'm going to keep all the money." the old man snaps. "Wouldn't be surprised if the fool girl is getting eaten by spiders though. But you'd have to be an idiot to go traipsing after her." he says in the same time used when adults spoke of other people's unruly children.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 17 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 06:30
Deklo Grove
The lack of sound can't mean anything good. Seralessa goes back to where everyone is in complete silence to search for some flowers.

OOC:
03:29, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 19 using 1d20+5.  Hide Check.
03:28, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 15 using 1d20+5.  Move Silently Check.
03:30, Today: Seralessa Vadmal rolled 20 using 1d20+8.  Search.

DM
 GM, 96 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 13:30
Deklo Grove
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 14):

Saralessa returns to the group and emerges from the shadows of the grove and finds some flowers easily for picking.

You continue picking flowers after about the first hour Milander and Saralessa have picked about a pound each. They've gotten all the flowers that were in the sunlight, other flowers are not far away but are in the shadows.

It has remained eerily quiet this whole time except for the noises made by the party.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 18 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 14:34
Deklo Grove
When Seralessa comes back out of the shadows, Milander gives a grunt of surprise. "Guess she didn't get eaten. Yet. Lucky hatchling." before going back to picking flowers.

"Aaaaaaaaany moment now we're about to get eaten." the old man says with certainty, bringing the flowers he has gathered over to the watchers and ensuring they remain moist. "That looks like about 10 gold worth." he says, squinting at the flowers in the shadows, thinking.

[Private to GM: What would it take for me to harvest the seeds of this flower?]
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 28 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 15:33
Deklo Grove
Mordecai looks around at the flowers in the shade, wondering if there was any danger in picking them. "Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained," he muttered, moving to the other flowers to start picking them.
Himo
 player, 14 posts
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 19:38
Deklo Grove
"It's quiet, too quiet."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 18 posts
Fri 11 Aug 2017
at 06:13
Deklo Grove
Seralessa puts her flowers in her backpack and shrugs. "So... ummm... race?"


OOC:
Run back to town. 120 ft speed.

DM
 GM, 100 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 13:13
Deklo Grove
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 19):

Milander continues to pick flowers for the moment though he's getting into the shaded flowers as well. Himo and Albrecht continue to watch him.

You guys stand and watch as Seralessa finishes picking the flowers in the sunlight, then seeing only ones in shadow remaining she runs off at a fairly brisk pace back towards town.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 29 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 15:31
Deklo Grove
Mordecai watches the girl run off, looking to the old man to see what they should do. "Dare we go deeper into the forest? I will go if you do," he suggests.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 19 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 17:31
Deklo Grove
Old man grunts, saying, "The She has the right idea I'm betting. I might be able to do something about the spiders, but not without burning down the whole forest... Which defeats the purpose in destroying the spiders. I say we grab what we can and then head back. See what trouble the rest have managed to stumble into."
Himo
 player, 15 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 22:02
Deklo Grove
"I don't understand why you would bring up going deeper into the forrest?"
Hesseth
 Animal Companion, 1 post
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 06:48
Deklo Grove
In reply to Himo (msg # 23):

Rattles his rattler.
DM
 GM, 108 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 06:59
Deklo Grove
In reply to Hesseth (msg # 24):

Suddenly just as Hesseth warns of danger webbing shoots from the nearest tree towards Himo. Fortunately the nimble soul gets out of the way before he's struck by the webbing as Hesseth prevents him from being caught unaware.

You see in the tree a spider nearly as big around as a man. It is the obvious source of the webbing attack.

Initiative:

Monstrous Spider 19
Milander         12
Albrecht         12
Himo             11


The spider is approximately 20 feet away from you, and is 5 feet above the ground currently in a maple tree. We are going to try this one without a map.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 20 posts
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 20:58
Deklo Grove
Milander grumbles, weaving his fingers in an intricate gesture, and what appears to be translucent armor flashes briefly around both him and Hesseth as he moves away from the creature saying, "I knew this was going to happen."


Free - speak and have Hesseth guard ME.
Standard - cast Mage armor - share spell with Hesseth
Move - move back 30
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 30 posts
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 03:59
Deklo Grove
Albrecht jumped into action, drawing his axe as he charged the spider head-on. His weapon charged with fire as he ran, and he swung with the ferocity of a trained soldier, but the grace of a master swordsman.


Free: Draw weapon, designate Spider as Dodge target
Swift: Initiate Burning Blade technique
Full: Charge spider; 13 to hit, 22 damage possible
23:57, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 13 using 1d20+7.  Charge plus Burning Blade
23:58, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 17,5 using 1d12+5,1d6+1.  Damage if hit successful.

DM
 GM, 110 posts
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 05:27
Deklo Grove
In reply to Albrecht Delmorn (msg # 27):

Milander and Hesseth move back 30 feet as Milander casts Mage Armor which encapsulates him and Hesseth. The snake keeps a steady vigil for danger.

Albrecht charges forth towards the monstrous spider however at the last moment the spider seems to move out of the way making the effort for at least the moment futile.

Himo it is your go
Himo
 player, 17 posts
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 18:14
Deklo Grove
ooc: sorry guys. Target the spider with my Dodge Feat.

Himo moves in to attack the spider behind the cover of Albrecht's charge.

14:12, Today: Himo rolled 17 using 1d20+6 ((11)).
14:13, Today: Himo rolled 5 using 1d8+4 ((1)). Damage

ooc: not sure if a single move can get me into place or not soI rolled just in case
DM
 GM, 111 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 09:08
Deklo Grove
In reply to Himo (msg # 29):

Himo moves up and strikes the spider Albrecht had missed. The blow has the spider you think wince a bit but it's still there. Spider's being what they are it's instinct is to strike back at what hurt it.

The Monstrous Spider attempts to bite Himo but Himo's shield easily protects the warrior from the attack.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 21 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 12:06
Deklo Grove
The old barks a word and snaps his fingers, and a column of stones whirls around the spider, briefly battering it.
[Private to GM:
08:03, Today: Secret Roll: Milander Vos Drago rolled 2 using 1d4.  Hail of Stone dmg.
]
DM
 GM, 113 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 12:22
Deklo Grove
In reply to Milander Vos Drago (msg # 31):

A column of stones springs up from the floor of the forest and strikes the spider. The stones fly up for nearly forty feet, reaching over the tops of the trees and spreads out in a five foot radius striking the back of the spider thus sparing Albrecht and Himo of any damage.

The spider remains standing after Milander's assault. He's not looking to good though and it appears one of his legs is injured.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 32 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 14:54
Deklo Grove
Albrecht refocused, switching his stance and swinging his axe again. And missing again. Maybe he should have opened his eyes.

Apparently the dice roller hates me.

Swift: Initiate Stonefoot stance
Standard: Sapphire Nightmare Blade, 26 concentration check, 9 to hit, 0 damage

10:48, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 25 using 1d20+7.  Sapphire Nightmare Blade DC 14-17?
10:49, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 9 using 1d20+4.  Attack w/ PA +1 vs flat footed spider.