Deklo Grove.   Posted by DM.Group: archive 1
DM
 GM, 114 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 16:19
Deklo Grove
In reply to Albrecht Delmorn (msg # 33):

Albrecht misses the spider again.

[Secret to Albrecht Delmorn: I know how you feel, in one game I almost never hit, however I always seem to make my saves in that game, just never hit anything.]

Himo you are up
Himo
 player, 18 posts
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 18:16
Deklo Grove
"Your time is over Lolth-kin!"

Himo brings his blade in a sideways slash towards the outside of his body, intending to finish his foe with a bit of flare.

14:14, Today: Himo rolled 21 using 1d20+6 ((15)).
14:15, Today: Himo rolled 8 using 1d8+4 ((4)).
DM
 GM, 115 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 05:26
Deklo Grove
In reply to Himo (msg # 35):

Himo kills the monstrous spider with his blade.
Himo
 player, 19 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 05:43
Deklo Grove
Himo looks about for potential other danger, tho spiders are virtually all solitary it's better to be safe then sorry. Plus maybe there is treasure!
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 33 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 05:49
Deklo Grove
Albrecht breathes a few deep breaths before looking around to see if there were any other threats. "I'm glad one of us can hit a stationary target," the young man laughed, putting away his weapon assuming he didn't see any other monsters.
DM
 GM, 116 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 08:12
Deklo Grove
In reply to Albrecht Delmorn (msg # 38):

In your search you find to forms in spider web about 10 feet up the tree. I'll let you tell me how you get to them.

At present you see no other threats.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 34 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 13:26
Deklo Grove
Albrecht will try to climb the tree to see what is in the webbing.

Now I get a good roll... Lol

09:24, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 25 using 1d20+6.  Climb check.

Milander Vos Drago
 player, 22 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 14:44
Deklo Grove
"Great, now that's three bodies I'll have to get down from the webbing. Spider probably isn't the only one y'know, little ones like that don't spin that much webbing all over the trees. Not alone anyway." the old man snorted, squinting up at the bodies.

[Private to GM: Do I think Acid splash would work to get a body down? Can I take ten or 20 on the hit with it?]
Himo
 player, 20 posts
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 20:36
Deklo Grove
In reply to Albrecht Delmorn (msg # 38):

"I'm sure it all balances out, I hit more often  you probabaly hit harder. Teamwork."

"To me it's a pretty big spider but those might be people up there, they could survive yet."

*how big are the forms*

This message was last edited by the player at 20:38, Thu 17 Aug 2017.

DM
 GM, 119 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 10:51
Deklo Grove
In reply to Himo (msg # 42):

Albrecht finds climbing the tree to be fairly easy.

[Private to Milander Vos Drago:
You can't take 10 or 20 on an attack roll :), the Acid Splash would probably release 1 figure if you hit the web at the right place, AC 0
]

Both forms are medium sized. (human sized if you will)
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 35 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 15:21
Deklo Grove
Albrecht will look to see if they are still alive, and if they are, he will try to free them. If they are dead, he'll cut them lose and let them fall to the ground.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 23 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 16:21
Deklo Grove
Milander mutters and waves his fingers.

[Private to GM: Casting detect magic. :) YAY GREED!]
Himo
 player, 21 posts
Fri 18 Aug 2017
at 17:38
Deklo Grove
Himo steps out from under the tree in case bodies come tumbling down and keeps a lookout for additional problems.
DM
 GM, 121 posts
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 11:17
Deklo Grove
In reply to Himo (msg # 46):

Albrecht is about to decide that the forms are dead when he hears the faint heartbeat of one of them. One of the forms is most likely human he decides the other he believes is a boar.

[Secret to Milander Vos Drago: Milander detects no magic beyond his own spells at this time. Neither of the forms bundled up in webs has anything magical about them.]

Hesseth looks up into the tree next to where Albrecht is and starts to rattle.

[Secret to Hesseth: Hesseth senses something large in the other tree]

Himo doesn't see anything in the tree that Hesseth is looking at.
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 24 posts
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 11:42
Deklo Grove
"Get down. Now." the old man says quietly, his eyes narrowing as he States in the direction Hesseth is, moving out of the way of any of the three bodies that might fall.

[Private to GM: readied action to intercept spider attack by summoning an eagle to attack it.]
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 36 posts
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 15:58
Deklo Grove
Albrecht will try to see how hard it would be to cut down the humanoid assuming that was where the heartbeat was coming from. If it will take too long, he will climb back down tree as Milander suggested.
DM
 GM, 123 posts
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 07:23
Deklo Grove
In reply to Albrecht Delmorn (msg # 49):

Albrecht would find it very hard to cut them down using his Greataxe while hanging onto the tree.

[Secret to Albrecht Delmorn: That is your only weapon isn't it, did I overlook anything?]
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 37 posts
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 07:27
Deklo Grove
Yeah, nothing else. Didn't really think this one through... lol
Himo
 player, 22 posts
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 18:49
Deklo Grove
"Someone has a knife or something right?"
DM
 GM, 127 posts
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 12:38
Deklo Grove
In reply to Himo (msg # 52):

OOC: I deleted a couple posts one had been posted as I was posting yesterday and wanted to make sure he wanted to do that, and he's changed his mind keeping his former action.

Himo looks around and notices that Milander seems to have no weapons. He notices his own longsword and Albrecht's great axe. As far as you can see no one has a dagger or anything of the kind.

You can roll your own initiative:

The Spider has 22 by the way.

OOC: Letting you roll it because I need to check with someone on something.
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 38 posts
Mon 21 Aug 2017
at 13:01
Deklo Grove
09:00, Today: Albrecht Delmorn rolled 11 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
Himo
 player, 23 posts
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 03:25
Deklo Grove
ooc: 23:24, Today: Himo rolled 12 using 1d20+4 ((8)).
DM
 GM, 129 posts
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 12:53
Deklo Grove
In reply to Himo (msg # 55):

Milander had been ready for trouble since Hesseth had first alerted him there was another danger. He watched as Albrecht had eagerly climbed the tree then the poor boy realized he only has a great axe.

No one seemed to answer Himo's question right away but Himo only saw the longsword he had and Albrecht's great axe.

Suddenly a large monstrous spider appeared not far from Albrecht ready to strike the warrior. Milander had been prepared though and quickly summoned and Eagle between the spider and Albrecht.

The eagle bravely attacks the spider before it. It sinks both of its talons into the spider, though the damage appears minimal it is enough to distract the spider. The eagle's beak fails to find it's mark.

The spiders mandibles close upon the Eagle, killing it.

Next Up

Himo
Albrecht
Milander
Spider

[Private to GM: Monstrous Spider took 3 pts of damage from Eagle]

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:54, Wed 23 Aug 2017.

Himo
 player, 24 posts
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 18:21
Deklo Grove
ooc: I don't have any idea if I can reach the spider or not, how far away are they and is the spider engaged in melee with Albrecht or did the Eagle pevent that?)
DM
 GM, 132 posts
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 03:49
Deklo Grove
In reply to Himo (msg # 57):

OOC: The Large Monstrous Spider is still in the Trees. He's about 10 feet from Albrecht who is still clinging to the tree. The eagle prevented him from getting an attack on the flat footed Albrecht (flat footed because you are climbing a tree). From your position you were close to Albrecht on the ground so roughly say 10 feet from you as well.