T1: The Village of Hommlet.   Posted by DM.Group: archive 1
Calmer
 NPC, 5 posts
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 14:53
T1: The Village of Hommlet
In reply to Velox (msg # 24):

"Sadly I do not have any remaining in its natural state." Calmer says. "I do have a painting with it on in the study, just a moment and I'll retrieve it."

He exits back the way he came and returns with a painting which he shows you.



"This is what I'm looking to obtain for healing potions. I must receive them before they dry out in order to be able to use them and thus pay for them. Other than that they can be carried in a sack or pouch." Calmer explains.
Himo
 player, 7 posts
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 20:06
T1: The Village of Hommlet
"I think between our group and the Badgers if we can track the Bandits to wherever they hide, we should be able to crush them."

Himo scratches the back of his neck as he considers his options.
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 15 posts
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 21:00
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Larmiun bows his head. "I am really sorry to have offended you, Priest of Hommlet. Be sure that if we are successful in our mission I will put some coins here. You have gave us some clues where to start our investigation."

He goes to his friends. "I think that we should go to speak to the people of the town and the badgers."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 10 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 05:37
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Seralessa thinks for a moment about the options. "Why don't you go and try to find more information about the bandits? I think I will search some of these flowers for some quick coins till we kill those bandits."
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 16 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 08:28
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Oren looks over the flower's depiction, nodding his head.  "If we see some, we shall try to bring them back as fresh as we can.  Perhaps one of the lads is good with maps, and as we search for bandits, we can mark the map and work our way back with the fresh flowers."  The dwarf spoke, looking for a compromise for the others.
Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 8 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 10:44
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Ailishi agrees with Seralessa. "Good thinking. All right then. We shall go to meet some of the townspeople." He puts his hand on Larmiun's shoulder, telling him to go with him. "Does anyone else want to join? Naturally we appreciate your advice, Calmer. We will show our appreciation a little more when we have gained some money."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 12 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 13:13
T1: The Village of Hommlet
The old man walked into the church with rest, a scowl on his hawkish face. He listened and watched, making note of the flowers but otherwise saying little, simply nodding in agreement at Alisha's question and moving to follow.

[Private to GM: I think you got my modifier wrong. Should be a 7 and yes, I would be curious about the flowers. At the moment I'm just gathering facts. He'll simply let everyone else ask questions and pay attention to the surroundings, listening and watching for anything contradictory or that simply doesn't fit.]
Velox
 player, 15 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 15:05
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Velox feels torn, he too wouldn't mind some time looking for the flowers now, but he'd seen that more as a task to be done while they were hunting bandits as well. "I'll join you Aillshi, though a romp through the forest does sound like an interesting way to spend the afternoon, it's probably more important that we gather what information we are able to here before moving on."

Turning back to the priest, Velox speaks his farewell, "Calmer, it truly was a pleasure to meet you. I hope that my allies and I can return with loads of flowers and word that the bandits have been captured and reformed."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 24 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 15:31
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Albrecht listens to the others, making a mental note of the healing herbs that the priest requested. "I think the bandits should come first; if we deal with them, then the need for healing medicines will be lessened, and we can rid the townsfolk of a plague that has been long overdue for cleansing," he weighed in.
Himo
 player, 8 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 20:24
T1: The Village of Hommlet
"Should we not stay together? We can't be sure how many badits there are in total."

Nodding in agreement with the axe-wielder

This message was last edited by the player at 20:28, Wed 02 Aug 2017.

Velox
 player, 16 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 20:36
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Velox smiled and said, "I think the suggestion was to have some portion of us go see what we could learn from the Badgers, while a few others explored just outside of town for any of the flowers. I don't think it will take everyone to go speak with the Badgers, but we can all stick together if that will make everyone feel safer."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 16 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 23:53
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Larmiun nods towards Ailishi "I agree. Lead the way. Shall we speak first to the soldiers or to the town people?"
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 11 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 03:45
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Seralessa prepares for the task. "So, at most a couple of hours before they become dry. Are there special spots where they grow? Clears? They seek the protection of a tree?"
Calmer
 NPC, 6 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 04:17
T1: The Village of Hommlet
In reply to Seralessa Vadmal (msg # 37):

Calmer addresses Larmiun "Thank you for your apology. I accept it."

He then hearing Seralessa's question responds "Deklo Grove is just north of town, a couple hours walk at most. The flowers grow there regularly. It may have once been part of the Gnarley Forest but is now separated from it. You can keep the flowers most by sprinkling a little water from your waterskin on them. You could that way probably keep them fresh enough so long as you deliver them on the day picked."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:47, Thu 03 Aug 2017.

Ailishi Urcmon
 player, 9 posts
 Go ahead, say
 that I have a girly name.
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 10:39
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Ailishi nods to Verlox. "That is right. So we can get divide the group. One group can meet with the local while other speaks to the Badgers. I will talk to the people of the town."
Larmiun Dol'Uten
 player, 17 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 02:37
T1: The Village of Hommlet
"Good. I will go with you then."

Larmiun follows Ailishi.
Himo
 player, 9 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 04:28
T1: The Village of Hommlet
"So now we are going to split into 3 different groups?"

Himo sees the numbers dwindling.
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 12 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 05:16
T1: The Village of Hommlet
"Better to cover all possibilities as soon as possible." Seralessa concludes. "You only need two or three people to talk with either the townfolks or the army. Those who are better at finding things can try find some flower with me."
Albrecht Delmorn
 player, 25 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 05:28
T1: The Village of Hommlet
"I will go with whatever group is most likely to be in danger, even if that means flower picking duty," Albrecht stated, looking around to see which people were going to which task.
Calmer
 NPC, 7 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 06:40
T1: The Village of Hommlet
In reply to Albrecht Delmorn (msg # 43):

Calmer overhearing the conversations adds "I've heard there are monstrous spiders in the Deklo Grove. So there might be some danger there, but not significant danger."
Himo
 player, 10 posts
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 00:10
T1: The Village of Hommlet
"Spiders? Hmph! Lolth's brood, I'll go just in case."
Seralessa Vadmal
 player, 13 posts
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 05:09
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Seralessa nods to the two who are going with her and speaks to Ailishi and Larmiun. "I will go with the boys to pick up flowers, then. Wish me luck."
Milander Vos Drago
 player, 13 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 13:22
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Shaking his head, the old man says, "Fine. I'll go to protect the flower pickers, but only because those giant spiders would have likely have some gold of their own."
Oren Stonebreaker
 player, 18 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 15:32
T1: The Village of Hommlet
Oren nods to the others, and follows the group to talk to the townspeople about the bandits.
Calmer
 NPC, 8 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 16:17
T1: The Village of Hommlet
In reply to Oren Stonebreaker (msg # 48):

Calmer waves as you depart the Chapel "Good Luck my friends, may St. Cuthbert be with you."