The First Descent.   Posted by DM the GM.Group: archive U
Fixer
 Character, 24 posts
 HP: 14 / 14
 AC: 18
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 10:13
Re: The First Descent
Not one to stop doing what works, or at least seems to Fixer assaults the next ooze and continues maneuvering away from any active oozes to make it very difficult for them to close distance with her.
[Private to GM: Init: 18
Action: Shoot the ooze AC 15, Piercing Damage 7
Move: to T8 if the ooze dies, if not move to EE10.
]
Dags Stippletoe
 Character, 17 posts
 AC 14 HP 10/10
 PP 17
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 11:47
Re: The First Descent
Dags fits another stone into his sling and hurls it at the nearest piece of slimy creature. His shot feels all wrong but for some reason he can't explain it travels much straighter than it should have.


ACTION: Attack Ooze nearest to him (Hit?... 4 damage or 6 if an ally is within 5' of his target.)

06:45, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 7 using 1d20+5.  Sling to-hit.
07:59, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 2 using 1d4.  Bless attack bonus.
08:00, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 4 using 1d4+3.  Dagger Damage.
08:02, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 2 using 1d6.  Sneak Attack Damage.


Current HP = 10
Ammo Remaining - 38 stones, 1 Dagger

This message was last edited by the player at 13:03, Mon 16 Apr 2018.

Cordin BarleyTun
 Character, 44 posts
 Quiver: 38
Mon 16 Apr 2018
at 12:13
Re: The First Descent
[Language unknown:  "Ca ceonna ica uletelof!"] Recognizing that others efforts appeared to be more effective than his own he muttered a prayer to Arcana.

[Language unknown:  "Haeiha, adnipr m arehistio ticsomcom ntcon day cand, whus ul ri thehoured iopo ndeil aresomble is!"]

==============================================
HP: 6/11
INIT: 15 (16 - [1: First Level Spell] = 15)
MOVE: n/a
CAST: Bless (+d4 to attack rolls for Dags, Cordin, Caim for 1 min)
ATTACK: n/a
ATTACK ROLL: n/a
DAMAGE ROLL: n/a
REACTION: move away, to the other side of dags if the ooze starts to approach ->H8

This message was last edited by the player at 12:14, Mon 16 Apr 2018.

Caim
 Character, 30 posts
 Hexblade Warlock
 PP10 AC16
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 02:34
Re: The First Descent
"Ahh, Hano is in danger!" Caim shouts, alarmed as the ooze approaches the dark elf's unmoving form. He levels his hand at it, squinting through the gloom, but this time the arcane force that coalesces doesn't fire off at it, it just bursts with a big flash and bang. "Raaghh! [Language unknown:  Wacom, estpe ar aipael bese sacom? Ce Ll ivansami e no m ouat'ckisar ic undderardast?!"]

Action: Eldritch Blast MISS Ooze 4

HP: 10/10

22:23, Today: Caim rolled 6,4 using 1d20+5,1d4.  Eldritch Blast vs Ooze 4 AC w/Bless.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:35, Wed 18 Apr 2018.

DM the GM
 GM, 274 posts
 PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER
 itty bitty living space
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 04:04
Re: The First Descent
Round 3
Not one to stop doing what works, or at least seems to Fixer assaults the next ooze and continues maneuvering away from any active oozes to make it very difficult for them to close distance with her. She takes the time to aim properly so as not to hit Hano, who is currently being dissolved by the creature. As such her blast hits the creature hard and high, sending part of the ooze flying but not ending its existence.

[Language unknown:  "Ro rindur are hiekngio!"] Recognizing that others efforts appeared to be more effective than his own he muttered a prayer to Arcana. [Language unknown:  "Wawhto, arelinart e thumenhou iouearwhe ol for ou, fitr we vir ckivnt haver oer patiie latwa!"]

Dags fits another stone into his sling and hurls it at the nearest piece of slimy creature. His shot feels all wrong but for some reason he can't explain it travels much straighter than it should have. The stone hits the ooze square and causes it to wobble a bit. You think it is going to collapse but it manages to hold its form.

"Ahh, Hano is in danger!" Caim shouts, alarmed as the ooze approaches the dark elf's unmoving form. He levels his hand at it, squinting through the gloom, but this time the arcane force that coalesces doesn't fire off at it, it just bursts with a big flash and bang. "Raaghh! [Language unknown:  Tered, olive son orentirea mi ssic? Al E sanearearone iv m e hertraiouasther mo menwilwhifor?!"]

Hano, despite everyone's best efforts, is devoured by the creature. He might would scream but being covered in the thick ooze renders whatever scream he would manage mute. Parts of his body, his legs and an arm side out from the main body of the ooze and you could see, were it brighter, where the acid of the ooze had eaten him apart. The other ooze, in the northern hallway, creeps up towards Caim and lashes out with a acidic pseudopod but the cook is able to just dodge out of the way at the last second.


Hano Death Save: Success 1 of 3 / Failure 3 of 3

Hano rolled a failure and the ooze automatically hits forcing another failure putting him up to three. Sorry folks, he's dead.

Initiative Order
Fixer & Cordin16
Dags15
Caim12
Grey Ooze8

Time for round 4 people.

Fixer
 Character, 25 posts
 HP: 14 / 14
 AC: 18
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 06:23
Re: The First Descent
While not specifically troubled by the Oozes apparent bodily functions Fixer does harbor some interest in not experiencing them personally, and continues to assault the creature with very small, very fast pellets.
With its loud bang this time the device in her hand seems to crack in half, a swift motion visible to very few in this dark passage that brings it down to her belt line, and the weapon comes back out around the shield presumably ready for use again.
[Private to GM: Init: 18 (or 13 if reload counts as loading)
Action: Shoot the ooze AC 24, Piercing Damage 6
Move: to T8 if the ooze dies, if not move to EE10
Bonus: Reload Pistol.
]
Cordin BarleyTun
 Character, 45 posts
 Quiver: 38
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 10:44
Re: The First Descent
Cordin is concerned, backing up further would result in them losing the edge of the ring of light his coin had provided, also pressing them up against the bars. His arrows could not hurt the creature but perhaps providing a distraction would be more helpful. Disengaging from the ooze he moves south along the corridor towards grabbing his light.

[Language unknown:  "Onean ivedayonswas! Arpro etekse intfo isilan iveil any hat is meusetni k!"]

==============================================
HP: 6/11
INIT: 16 (16 - [0: Disengage] = 16)
MOVE: 25 -> O8
CAST: n/a
ATTACK: n/a
ATTACK ROLL: n/a
DAMAGE ROLL: n/a
REACTION: n/a

Dags Stippletoe
 Character, 18 posts
 AC 14 HP 10/10
 PP 17
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 15:17
Re: The First Descent
Dags loads another stone in his sling and fires it off hitting the beast squarely.


ACTION: Attack Ooze in O8 (Hit for 4 damage)

10:12, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 19 using 1d20+5.  Sling to-hit.
10:13, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 4 using 1d4+3.  Sling Damage.


Current HP = 10
Ammo Remaining - 37 stones, 1 Dagger

This message was last edited by the player at 15:17, Thu 19 Apr 2018.

DM the GM
 GM, 275 posts
 PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER
 itty bitty living space
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 05:12
Re: The First Descent
Both Fixer and Dags manage to take out their slimy enemies. Their forms vibrate and warble for a few seconds before loosing their shape and collapsing into wet puddles on the floor. Hano is most definitely dead. The muscles holding his limbs to his body have been eaten away as well as a good bit of the flesh around his chest and face area. Pink ooze, most likely his blood mixed with the remain of the grey ooze, surrounds the body and slowly streams down the side of the vent shaft that goes down further into the depths of the Garrish stronghold. The acidic smell of their digesting companion mixes with the smoke from Fixers weapon to give the room a most unpleasant aroma.


Combat over. Everyone till standing gets 100 XP.
Cordin BarleyTun
 Character, 46 posts
 Quiver: 38
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 10:35
Re: The First Descent
Picking up his coin he holds it shoulder height and walks over to Dags and Caim when he sees the ooze lose its form.

[Language unknown:  "Tin TO wepo enctioiou? E mannc at stiestess oveiventi th la m ekma ekpounri m U tiwi sttate roec intaveeau k veningall rocepeom, thiateard U stlapo prtic iltiio. As ngan et poil-aspr eenoveone..."]

Cordin holds his hand to his head and winces.

[Language unknown:  "Riritr larearati n fong pa hane ou reshatnteter werncewerati. Etnerele somereain an witvorred are hirotiou andch. Oncon Es mo pl day eauersear ek eenourove in yinhisver trmabe ri ar ei hant u erfilo ssacseis."]
Dags Stippletoe
 Character, 19 posts
 AC 14 HP 10/10
 PP 17
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 14:11
Re: The First Descent
Dags walks over to Hano's partly dissolved body and stares at it for a few seconds. Then looking up at the party, [Private to group Stendish: "We need to see what remains undamaged of his supplies and bring them with us."]

With that Dags bends down and trying not to touch anything too disgusting, sees what of use remains.



09:12, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 20 using 1d20+6.  Perception check.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:04, Tue 24 Apr 2018.

Caim
 Character, 31 posts
 Hexblade Warlock
 PP10 AC16
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 04:54
Re: The First Descent
Caim looks shaken as Cordin approaches him, and he doesn't acknowledge him for a moment. [Language unknown:  "Kor... sa buthouare ntomun entre, butureman roei. Weas ardousven Hound, ti k..."] Caim turns white as a sheet as he sees the dark elf's bubbling remains, and he staggers backwards and falls on his ass with a heavy thud. He turns to one side and vomits unceremoniously, and then shuffles backward until his back is against a wall. There, he simply draws his knees up to his chest and buries his face in his hands.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:54, Sat 28 Apr 2018.

DM the GM
 GM, 280 posts
 PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER
 itty bitty living space
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 05:37
Re: The First Descent
Dags doesn't see much that would be useful as the thing mostly dissolved Hano's torso area and unluckily that is where most of his gear was located. He does spot an unopened vial of reddish liquid. The glass seemingly able to resist the acidic ooze. The dagger Dag's threw into the ooze can also be spotted laying on the floor. It is pitted from the acid but still seems to be intact.
[Private to Dags Stippletoe: The dagger is at -1 due to the acid of the grey ooze but it will still work.]
Dags Stippletoe
 Character, 20 posts
 AC 14 HP 10/10
 PP 17
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 12:51
Re: The First Descent
Dags cuts off a chunk of the fabric making up Hano's pants and picks up the flask and his dagger with it. Wiping them off he stows his dagger in the sheath and looks at the flask.

[Language unknown:  "Lo sonwheich e hat e ndplwh on iveingent ta evehoucommen ... vor.. errisesi. Artng meie paev ad tr nanthi sswa. St comiveint lo ha Ate hecanc k ousli somith-menter ive iowhch Ic er.

O redherwil hemoni ch mi ati il nde,"
]
He says while looking to the north.

[Language unknown:  "Llsan nttic ndon her as ollong Fi nginmi wi p."]


Current HP = 10
Ammo Remaining - 37 stones, 1 Dagger, 1 slimy Dagger

This message was last edited by the player at 12:57, Sat 28 Apr 2018.

Cordin BarleyTun
 Character, 47 posts
 Quiver: 38
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 02:19
Re: The First Descent
Cordin walks over to Caim and looks over Hano's remains. He tucks his thumbs into his belt and sighs heavily. He fishes under his shirt for his talisman and holds it tightly in his hand while closing his eyes.

[Language unknown:  "Fomo ter ing trsi, our ac int man witthithi paseou i ith hohaiv."]

It was a simple prayer. But Cordin was a simple man. And he mourned the loss of the comrade, no matter how brief their travels together.

As Dags is ready to push onwards Cordin sags slightly. First the bats and just getting down here, then the mental anguish from the ooze. It was so taxing. He was not often given to complaining but at least to sit, to rest - might do them some good.

[Language unknown:  "Ndngar ce hoekta comeenica an nger utanfi ic ss cano he hasintout p? Wamiis nathu Cence et anstth butherstanti whi e mo nti sthoen posihiev, ntelce st asar ave ortiveica witus hisartsti ch."]
Fixer
 Character, 26 posts
 HP: 14 / 14
 AC: 18
Tue 1 May 2018
at 08:23
Re: The First Descent
Rather than continue on in this shamble of a disorganized expedition Fixer simply turns back in the direction of the room with the rope and heads back to the surface. Pausing only briefly to pick up anything of obvious value as yet overlooked or unclaimed by the others.
Caim
 Character, 32 posts
 Hexblade Warlock
 PP10 AC16
Tue 1 May 2018
at 17:04
Re: The First Descent
Caim spends a while with his head in his hands, while the group rests and Fixer takes their leave. At times, he mumbles audibly- perhaps also in prayer. Finally he stands up and picks up his staff, with a grim expression on his face. [Language unknown:  "Prin, Tedie atthai,"] he says with a slight sneer. [Language unknown:  "P und ortatitho st saunli, At larareere ureersshe. Traovemen ni."]
Dags Stippletoe
 Character, 21 posts
 AC 14 HP 10/10
 PP 17
Tue 1 May 2018
at 18:02
Re: The First Descent
Dags smiles at Caim and gives fixer a salute as he watches.. it ... walk away.

[Language unknown:  "Seess lltr fo rivor n o." ]

He moves to the door at the end of the hallway and sees about getting it open.



12:59, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 9 using 1d20+4.  Thieves Tools.
12:59, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Perception check.
12:59, Today: Dags Stippletoe rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Perception check.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:34, Tue 01 May 2018.

DM the GM
 GM, 293 posts
 PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER
 itty bitty living space
Wed 2 May 2018
at 06:30
Re: The First Descent
Fixer doesn't find much of use on Hano save a bit of loose coin.


The one you already picked the lock on?

check msg #121, it was not trapped and you picked it for 20 exp

For the sake of argument we'll say that both Dags and Fixer find 20 Copper Farthings each.

DC 15 Athletics to climb out of the hole Fixer, advantage if you use the trick from before.

[Private to Dags Stippletoe: I forgot but you wave a small clay disk that allows you to call for the ropes to be dropped. They are down at the moment but it works kinda like a telephone to call the guys up at the top of the well. Just with magic and not electricity I guess.]
Cordin BarleyTun
 Character, 48 posts
 Quiver: 38
Wed 2 May 2018
at 11:52
Re: The First Descent
[Language unknown:  "Sta.."] The halfling moves to his companion's side. Losing someone was never easy. Arcana offered some amount of peace but emotions are complicated, and grotesque deaths don't help.

[Language unknown:  "Seiesa Dingwa mi es p onevor'wernot. Isevwa wa wimi ng ar londpl not ine nc verallest k Aretedrom ntted atlat llie re urmi i his ortted-tholes te day ectonenti ncioni."]

Cordin moves towards the ropes descending from above and looks back over his shoulder.

[Language unknown:  "Yinouncon we Ill ectthaardithing casirero reaintlat icheaudinard totio oremannte nde na essivepre era unom thintiugh u m seen st ticingher adnot e sheortnde aturie. Str ho ai ennti at ousousthu ou info di commo his e ecwhna aiseli."]
Dags Stippletoe
 Character, 22 posts
 AC 14 HP 10/10
 PP 17
Wed 2 May 2018
at 12:29
Re: The First Descent
Dags looks at Cordin and thinks for a moment.

[Language unknown:  "Isfoet thiectoer, o mo uninel."]

With that Dags grabs the rope and begins his accent. on his arrival at the surface he breathes the fresh air while remebering his entrapment in the dungeon below. If it hadn't been for this group of advetured he may very well have died hanging there. He looks about and begins walking toward the coast. He hope to catch passage on a ship and return to his fathers apothecary.


Dags is leaving. New character to enter tavern once GM gives him posting rights

This message was last edited by the player at 14:05, Thu 03 May 2018.

Fixer
 Character, 27 posts
 HP: 14 / 14
 AC: 18
Thu 3 May 2018
at 10:09
Re: The First Descent
Operating much like the reverse of going down Fixer once again secures herself with a second rope around the first in a contracting loop, then begins the climb up, rolling the secondary line over each knot in turn only when she is otherwise secure in the new higher position.

Despite smaller arms, and not being terribly strong neither is she heavy, nor does she tire from such exertion.  Inevitably the climb up does take a bit longer than the climb down, but that slower pace maintains from the bottom to the top, uninterrupted now that the bats are quite dead.
Dags Stippletoe
 Character, 23 posts
 AC 14 HP 10/10
 PP 17
Thu 3 May 2018
at 15:54
Re: The First Descent
my post above has been edited due to the new rope climbing ruling.
Cordin BarleyTun
 Character, 49 posts
 Quiver: 38
Fri 4 May 2018
at 09:58
Re: The First Descent
Cordin gives Caim a pat on the back before climbing up the rope. While the job was not finished he needed a sling, as evident by his cousin and a drink in Hano's name, Arcana guide his soul.

Grasping the rope and looking upwards he said a brief prayer to Arcana - it was a long way up. But he was confident he could make it.
Caim
 Character, 33 posts
 Hexblade Warlock
 PP10 AC16
Sun 6 May 2018
at 03:31
Re: The First Descent
Caim follows the others up quietly, with a defeated air about him.