The First Descent.   Posted by DM the GM.Group: archive U
DM the GM
 GM, 173 posts
 PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER
 itty bitty living space
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 05:16
The First Descent
Oskar Holgart, the magistrate, beckons your small party to follow him, " [Language unknown:  Ultato. Ing t virantpre the astwheson u And mang foles u lesck limenc wa ol whekni.] " He then leads you out of the tavern and across a small courtyard. You find yourself in front of what appears to be a well. Some twenty feet in diameter, this is the main air shaft for the city below. The four stone pillars that support the small roof covering the shaft each have a thick, knotted rope tied about them so that they can easily be used to traverse the vent into Khal Undur. The magistrate holds up his hand to the four guards stationed around the vent, " [Language unknown:  No conin thasomort nteesswas reonckth. Chith ureillectbutthe linreayin wh ce moons unain na ioce-lise.] " Turning to the party he continues, " Air Vent. Way down. About a hundred feet to first floor. Ropes are sturdy. "

It is here that one of the guards take over. He does not seem to like the look of sellswords in the fort, but keeps everything professional, " [Language unknown:  Ma mi os hanamo oer mapo mi wecon erelinect inher. Albut plinpr ouratiati nonewa eeeve comntiate i e aveineect utble taceha mo m itprei st wilainous e trarutvorate adto ven po nethnt lete i ec hiilho osssul bleereiou en ta. Ad peulme ersinetio oretedhou di n osng it isntis. At adhoti ted hiound i wa et o t eeatpend mi no ektohe onla whe anyentsan. Etmeth erai o ofplek ieta und i ilth leaito ingevewit ati Pe preconout lesoresan eldihi ughithnde bepl a ntss thibutter itmo tr. In u saio k ac ee strsticom evwhle ... om n er thitiothu. Alseit no est.] " He grab one of the thick, knotted ropes, " [Language unknown:  Ersartvor chto reaineset vor thugh vor i estwilsom din korsa eve in lami p. N ect si ce t erutri whai pekor int ee toil ho k pees en ni. Sonhisout issi foecrieris ti she diter uteipa wethe i neal'ofun ek urad of fito t na ntit whioneera k th om nd nothisder ospl ounintintate isrian. Peich estaunto anfopl ai ch heil treton Eiur we sanvorredave.] "

He produces what appears to be a small stone disk with the likeness of a Garrish face on one side and flat on the other, " [Language unknown:  Uther ur pr nisi ion ionestwhe he icilas ch nc ic. Ort u om fi innti le enee to o lo nte pandha predaywas str entme e pace siver rediv naprio tha a roolma.] " He indicates that each of the pillars have a similar face carved into them.


Doesn't matter who takes the disk but you only get one per party. It weights one pound.

This message was last updated by the GM at 05:18, Fri 09 Mar 2018.

Fixer
 Character, 8 posts
 HP: 14 / 14
 AC: 18
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 12:20
The First Descent
Following along behind the magistrate it is clear from the periodic detour that she has to make around something, or just the movement of the group, that she is capable of a far faster pace as she never lags behind even a little even when taking a longer path.  Fixer hops up onto the ledge of the well without a second thought and looks down into the darkness, at no point does she look even remotely unstable or interested in the guards opinion of her actions.

As the description of the stone ends she is standing next to the guard waving the stone about and puts out her little hand to accept the thing without so much as a moments pause or second thought. [Language unknown:  "Acni ntsan prooneven entessconing widistngss, eibepe hiatla m whentiughers plted, st se estere'wilwit virmanone nceto plck ekerof-ulen versetast te he thoca ountineau, mithun ng eewhiv?"]
Cordin BarleyTun
 Character, 16 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 12:50
The First Descent
Cordin trots after the group, bringing up the rear. He wistfully looks back into the crusty beard one last time, perhaps seeking a final glimpse of the sultry waistress. When they make their destination of the well Cordin moves about here and there, peering around others as the magistrate then the guard speaks. Not understanding any of what's going on he turns and looks around the city. He crossed his fingers and mumbled a prayer. This would be fun, but no point in being brash.

[Language unknown:  "Thewerons, po po ioleng acivse. Encundain romna ofck lesonstio, comta k pliv u ntbut virionwhe oerromard."]
Hano Veil
 Character, 13 posts
 HP: 6 / 6
 AC: 12
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 15:15
The First Descent
Hano walks with the group in silence. He was all for going down but now that they are about to he was unsure. Unlike the others he isn't an adventurer. He is a merchant. He needs to learn about his magic tho and this seems the best option at the moment.
After the gurdsman is done talking Hano speaks, [Language unknown:  "Seol usev, hi atho ad stiwilhas?"]
Cordin BarleyTun
 Character, 17 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 16:02
The First Descent
Cordin slips between the group in response to Hano's question. As he passes the dark comrade he pats his back.

[Language unknown:  "Iv ntha sanac osfi el nosiur."]

Ascending to the lip of the well Cordin pulls an arrow from his quiver. Looking towards the heavens he grips the arrow and holds it high.

"Arcana's light will lead the way."

The barbed tip of the arrow begins glowing; the whole of which is placed between Cordin's teeth as he grips the rope and quickly descends over the side into the well.

ooc: cast Light on arrowhead
Floyd Crimson
 Character, 2 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 16:04
The First Descent
Floyd follows along when he comes to a realization.
[Language unknown:  "Ol toset n th sewh n reareklili mewh ec aretmi, ive conbledin lohe whatou saurai a? Ei lonore Antintast Iteitick, thu Eraantlarera."]
[Language unknown:  "Ce korss al pa ion he ofpawenoec lo ith throch, ssth ereoretin our eenareher dersetard o? Wa oneentwas Earprente, Ainndeouttha, ithet Ssmamowh."]
[Language unknown:  "T te n m son n houiondaykortio omfo latev icusna, oun meilwi one tholun ntulto si? U ospeic Urouer, Eravenativir, ous Stieenreastr."]
He rattles off in each of his tongues, hoping for a common linking tongue between them.
Floyd's fingers tighten around the staff in his hand as he imagines their first fore into the depths.
Caim
 Character, 8 posts
 Hexblade Warlock
 PP10 AC16
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 16:37
The First Descent
Caim sighs, looking down into the hole. He visibly steels himself, the gives Floyd a slightly uneasy smile. "Only speak Varynt and Stendish. Sorry friend." He pats the strange-looking man on the shoulder and begins climbing tentatively down the rope.
DM the GM
 GM, 176 posts
 PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER
 itty bitty living space
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 04:48
The First Descent
There are 4 ropes. So up to four of you can climb down at a time. I need athletics checks for those climbing down.
Floyd Crimson
 Character, 3 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 04:53
The First Descent
Floyd reaches for one of the ropes to climb down.

((OOC: rolled -1 on athletics check.))
Caim
 Character, 9 posts
 Hexblade Warlock
 PP10 AC16
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 05:30
The First Descent
Caim tackles the rope with aplomb.

00:25, Today: Caim rolled 20 using 1d20+2.  Athletics.
Cordin BarleyTun
 Character, 18 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 05:45
The First Descent
Beginning his descent, with arrow between his teeth Cordin wonders what Arcana has in store for him. Hopefully a return back up the rope.

ooc: 00:44, Today: Cordin BarleyTun rolled 12 using 1d20-2.  Athletics (-2).