(IC) Oakhurst.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 24 posts
Sat 16 Mar 2019
at 08:54
(IC) Oakhurst
"I was told it that the mayor might have more information about the death of some cattle and a farmhand that occurred recently. Looking to learn more so that I know what might be out there when we go hunting for it," stated Jacob as he stared at the constable.

"There was also mention of another party that passed through town, so I wanted to inquire about this Sunless Citadel that they were going to and this Shatterspike that that one of them was carrying."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 76 posts
Sat 16 Mar 2019
at 09:59
(IC) Oakhurst
"Excuse me? I told you what had happened." The constable watches the human, eyes narrowing before turning towards the elf."Seems he is a bit daft? Nothing was known besides what I stated. I went out there, retrieved the body with my deputies and returned here." She crosses her harms over her chest as the tielfling heads over to the blacksmith. Ignoring this, and turning back towards the constable area she stops."There was four in total. Two of them-the warrior and mage-lived here. The others were passing through. None returned. All I know of Shatterspike was it was a longsword. The mayor is in mourning. Leave him be."

At the smith, Mountain stares at the tiefling before heading inside. The blacksmith grumbles and starts to hammer."Don't you bloody worry bout it. You bloody think I know what your talkin' about? Cattle die. People die. Yah think I want to leave? Now what do you want? I got armor and weapons. Or I can bloody make you somethin' for a price."

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:03, Sun 17 Mar.

Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 25 posts
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 12:34
(IC) Oakhurst
"That would be the information that seems common to everyone in town. I am looking for information on what people might think it was, so that we can best prepare ourselves for the potential foes we might be facing. Strange creature sightings, old wives tales about a monster that once inhabited the area. You must have a working theory as to what killed the cattle and the farmhand," responded Jacob as he glanced over at his companions.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 78 posts
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 14:25
(IC) Oakhurst
CONSTABLE: Talking to
Jacob, Martek, Threan, Xanthia
Can see the duskblade at the smithy with the blacksmith
.

"So you come here and insist that I must have a theory? I strongly suggest you think before you speak." The elf stares at the warmage, obviously angered towards him."No one knows what it is least anyone that has approached. We have no scholars here. No libary."
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 11 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 23:04
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek had remained silent, and was straining to keep the faith.

His face showed he was failing miserably.

Smiling, he looked at the constable and said, "Thank you for your time.  We appreciate any help you have been able to give us.  Who owned the cows?"
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 24 posts
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 07:55
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia listened to Martek, it was a good question "Perhaps if we investigate the scene of the attacks we can find out what has caused this" she thought for a moment she could put two an two together she had a guess about what would cause the needle like marks the draining of the blood, but her theory could be wrong. "I think we should leave the busy constable alone and continue our investigations elsewhere" she suggested to Jacob, Markek, and Threan.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 29 posts
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 13:37
(IC) Oakhurst
"Wel now" Malus raised his hands a bit "I ment no disrespect, master dwarf but the barkeep told me to see you, i'm sure he wouldn't have done so without reason" he told him before turning to Threan "Perhapse you can explain it better then me" he suggested to him.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:48, Thu 21 Mar.

Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 26 posts
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 07:58
(IC) Oakhurst
"Yes, let's press on," commented Jacob as he turned and headed to the blacksmith to wait on their other companions.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 25 posts
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 09:47
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia walked a step behind Jacob. "I feel that the local's aren't being too helpful" She smiled "I mean why wouldn't they be they have a spree of livestock mutilation and a murder on their hands and a group of strangers strut into their village demanding answers" She said sarcastically. She glanced up ahead where Malus was speaking to the blacksmith. "I'll wait a little back" Xanthia said "All of us there might be a little intimidating"

OCC: Xanthia won't follow the whole group to the blacksmith but hangs around the village square watching the people and trying to get the lay of the land

This message was last edited by the player at 15:42, Fri 22 Mar.

Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 12 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 12:18
(IC) Oakhurst
“Splitting up sounds good.  Cover more ground that way.  Seeing as I’m a dwarf and a blacksmith as well, perhaps I should speak to the blacksmith alone eh?   Could offer to give him a hand?   You all think we should split up and go our seperate ways for a bit?   I suggest we not travel alone though.   Do as you all wish.”

With that, Martek headed over to the smith.

He spoke in dwarven to him and in a low tone.

“Hello brother, anything I can help you with?  Holding the hot rod stock while you hammer or keeping the bellows  going and feeding the forge to keep it up to temperature?”

This message was last edited by the player at 12:20, Fri 22 Mar.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 80 posts
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 12:50
(IC) Oakhurst
"Best take the goliath. He knows where the bodies were found. I would send a deputy out but no one wants to leave." The constable mentions as everyone seems to be going across the square to the smithy."For someone who seem to want answers...." She shakes her head "I pray they have better luck then the others."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BLACKSMITH
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The smithy blinks "Well someone should shove a hot piece of iron up his..." He stops."People die. Some cattle. Thats all I bloody know and unless you got more to ask I will tell yah to bugger off unless you want to buy somethin'."

As Martek approaches, Mountain comes out of the smithy. The smithy shakes his head "I do not need yah help. I got him."

Mountain looks down at the others and spots the remaining group. A grunt comes from him and he starts to feed the forge. The smithy finishes pounding a horseshoe and goes over to Mountain. Both of them mutter something and the smithy goes back to the anvil."Shatterspike eh? The other adventures I know somethin' bout. One was all weird. There was two no three of them other then hers. Wanted some supplies fer travelin'. Two of them were from here."

SLAM SLAM SLAM.

He keeps hammering and stops."One of them was a holy type. Always preachin'."

SLAM CRACK SLAM!

The smithy tilts his head."Talgen and Sharwyn. Tal used tah work her and his sister was all into that arcane somethin'."

Mountain keeps putting more coal into the forge and doing some tasks around the smithy but he keeps looking at the others.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:05, Fri 22 Mar.

Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 14 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 17:31
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek nodded to the smith and stayed back.

"No problem.  I just wanted to offer to lend a hand.   Would you happen to know anything about the cows that were killed?  Who they belonged to or where the cow remains are so we can examine them?   We appreciate any input you give us."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:58, Sun 24 Mar.

Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 27 posts
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 21:09
(IC) Oakhurst
Since the dwarf was asking all the questions that he would have asked, Jacob stood by and let Martek handle this conversation.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 27 posts
Mon 25 Mar 2019
at 13:28
(IC) Oakhurst
Xathina far enough away so the banging from the forge wasn't giving her a headache but her excellent hearing allowed her to pick up the conversation, slowly she studies the Goliath.

Those huge mountain men were known for their fierce independence and close knit tribes. You would rarely see one, let alone one that had chosen to be amongst others a bit like herself she knew they disliked magic and would be unlikely to find any kinship in her. Usually one outside of a tribe was one that had been exiled. She knew better than to approach him.

Instead she watched propping herself up against a town sign. She heard a purr and a meow from within her cloak she opened up the inside of her cloak into the carefully woven pouch. Her small sleek cat was finally stirring she offered it a titbit however the lazy cat refused before launching itself to the ground and stretching out it's legs. "Don't go too far" warned Xanthia.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 30 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 06:04
(IC) Oakhurst
Malus stepped back a bit as the others moved in and started to ask their questions to the dwarven smith. He flinched a bit from the strong metal on metal sounds, making him rub his ears before moving away some.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 86 posts
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 15:51
(IC) Oakhurst
"Yer asking me about bloody cows and where they be? Whatcha do with a cow once its dead? This be a small town so it probably got all cooked." The blacksmith shakes his head and slams the hammer down as he works."Hey!"

Mountain turns and looks down at everyone present. He grunts and crosses his arms.

The smithy puts the metal into the water."Yah know where the bodies are right? Go on. Bring them along."

The goliath nods his head and heads inside. He comes out with his massive hammer and his gear and moves towards the elf. Odd.
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 15 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 03:48
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek listened and was patient.  He nodded to the blacksmith and spoke loud enough for all to hear on purpose.

"We appreciate what information you have given us.   As we are adventurers and going to do our best to find this problem and solve it and help this community, we also were trying to learn everything we could rather than walk in blind.   We'll do everything in our power to help and will walk on eggshells.  Last thing we want is to hurt feelings or get arrested for asking questions and trying to help."

Bowing his head to the blacksmith and constable, he slowly moved toward the goliath.

"Mountain is it?  Would appreciate it if you could show us where the attack happened.   We want to investigate before we try and hunt down what did this and bring them to justice."

He spoke in a low tone now and nodded with a slight head bow toward the goliath.   Knowing that the others were on edge, he was trying to get things going and move away from the town.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 28 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 08:13
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia noting that the dwarf was being a lot more diplomatic now smiled to herself. She watched her familiar prowling about for a bit. "I think we may have a guide" She said to herself smiling.

Xanthia looked at the constable then to the blacksmith, it appeared that there was some sort of tension going on in the background. It was almost as if they didn't want anyone investigating, or at the least it appeared they didn't want her group investigating. "Come on, Tesilis" She said to her cat before crossing the street to stand next to Martek.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 28 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 13:16
(IC) Oakhurst
With a guide in hand, Jacob just waited for the goliath to begin leading them toward wherever it was that the cows died. The sooner that they investigated the area and figured out what killed the cows and the farmhand, the sooner that they could take care of the problem and be out of everyone's hair.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 31 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 21:38
(IC) Oakhurst
Listening in to the conversations while looking around a bit at various people and objects closeby, he looked at the dwarven smith who talked with Mountain who was then appointed to as their guide to show them where the killings had happend and followed along with the rest "Wel, guess we go this way then" he said with a light smile.
Mountain
 NPC, 5 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 02:53
(IC) Oakhurst
The massive goliath looks down at the cat. He tilts his head, watching it and kneels down, hand out for it. He waits to see if it will come over to him and he grunts. Mountain looks up at the wizard then at the familiar. He nods his head as he turns to look at the cleric. He puts his hammer down next to him and grins."Hammer much bigger." Huh. If the cat comes he will scoop it up and put it on his shoulder, if it does that is. He stands up, looking down upon the odd group and starts to head across the town.
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 16 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 03:56
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek looked at the goliath's hammer for a couple seconds, then quickly to his on his waist belt, looking back to the goliath, he simply nods his head and smirks.

As the goliath takes off, Martek leaves an open palm in the air for everyone to go on.

"I'll take the rear guard."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:57, Tue 02 Apr.

Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 29 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 08:43
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia smiled "It appears Tesilis made a friend" She said with a wry smile. Tesilis may have been her familiar but like all cats it had a bit of a mind of its own. She saw Tesilis perch on the massive shoulders of the mountain. She gave the cat a wink and followed a reasonable distance behind.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 29 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 11:44
(IC) Oakhurst
"At least, this gives us another set of eyes to find some lcues as to what kind of creature killed the farmhand and the cows," Jacob said as he proceeded after the goliath. He did his best to trail a step or two behind the larger man.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 32 posts
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 12:45
(IC) Oakhurst
"Let's hope we can find out what creature killed them and take it down so they can rest easy it won't be a trouble anymore" Malus said as he tapped his chin already thinking ahead what it could be "Let's see, they said there was aneedle like stings on the animals and the farm boy...maybe somekind of large insect?" he asked looking back at the rest.