(IC) Oakhurst.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 54 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 17:05
(IC) Oakhurst
The group travels across the land and finds a small village. Its hard to tell how many people live within but there is a tavern as well as a merchant area, a jail and constable, blacksmith, general store as well as what looks like a healer building. Located in the center of the town are the main stores as well as the mayor's home. Few people are in the square most of which are humans. There are no other signs of any other race. There is also a stable as well. Looking over at the odd group, a dwarf grunts and goes back to working on some bit of blacksmithing work. Leaning against the side of what looks like the constable is a what looks like a elven woman who is puffing on a pipe. She watches them intently and then goes back inside. Most in the square are checking out goods but few are buying anything.

Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 5 posts
Mon 18 Feb 2019
at 17:56
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia looked around her at the small village, "Anyone know the name of this town?" she asks striding forward elegantly. Catching a glimpse of smoking woman. Perhaps another elf she thought. 'I hope this town is friendly to other races, she thought, looking over at the dwarf she relaxed a little. She walked behind the others in the group out of habit more than anything else. It was easier to walk on the uneven ground after three other people had trodden through the rough and sometimes muddy road. "We should secure lodgings for tonight"  Having not waited for an answer to her first question.
Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 7 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 04:08
(IC) Oakhurst
"Not sure," said Threan. "All these towns sort of blur together for me. Let's find a place to eat first, I'm hungry!" His thoughts turned to food more often than they really should, but what was so amazing was that for all he ate, he never gained weight.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 16 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 09:26
(IC) Oakhurst
Pulling his cloak a bit more tightly to himself, Malus looked at the people walking around them and giving them lookss "Wel, whatever this place is called, I agree with finding a place to eat and rest, we been traveling for a while now" he said, checking for any inn that was in the direct vicinity "besides, maybe we can get some more information about the area and perhapse some jobs we can take".

This message was last edited by the player at 09:38, Tue 19 Feb 2019.

Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 6 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 09:55
(IC) Oakhurst
"There is a Tavern up ahead." Said Xanthia gracefully moving along beside the other two. "There I am sure you can find something to fill your bellies" she hid a small smile, she found human food distasteful however in recent weeks she had learned that with some water she could keep it down.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 14 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 09:51
(IC) Oakhurst
"Though you can probably find out about some jobs we can take if you keep your ears open. People may be muttering about personal grievances as we pass by," stated Jacob as he hefted his mace over one shoulder as he walked toward the back of the group. While it was his idea, the warmage had to admit that it would be difficult to eavesdrop on people if all eyes were on them, but he hoped that being in the tavern might offer them a better chance of picking up any grumbles about problems in the area.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 7 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 11:30
(IC) Oakhurst
Keeping her hood up Xanthia looked around, her eyes a lot keener than most humans as were her ears. She scanned the humans as she walked past trying to pick up on titbits of information or spot anything out of the ordinary. She kept her cloak pulled tight around her as she followed the others.


11:24, Today: Xanthia Stillwater rolled 19 using 1d20+1.  Spot check. +2 racial bonus (21)
11:24, Today: Xanthia Stillwater rolled 18 using 1d20+1.  Listen. +2 racial bonus (20)

Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 9 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 15:54
(IC) Oakhurst
Threan looks around, trying to get a feel for the town.

10:53, Today: Threan Bermin rolled 17 using 1d20-1.  Listen check.
10:51, Today: Threan Bermin rolled 4 using 1d20-1. Spot check

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:56, Thu 21 Feb 2019.

Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 18 posts
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 06:41
(IC) Oakhurst
Trying to get a better feel from the town,Malus looks around so perhapse see something of interest.

07:40, Today: Malus Everdark rolled 3 using 1d20+1.  Listen check.
07:40, Today: Malus Everdark rolled 8 using 1d20+1.  Spot check.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:58, Fri 22 Feb 2019.

Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 15 posts
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 12:12
(IC) Oakhurst
Taking his own suggestion to heart, Jacob scanned the area while keeping his ears open for any voices that might aid them in finding some work.

06:06, Today: Jacob Richardson rolled 8 using 1d20+1.  Listen Check.
06:06, Today: Jacob Richardson rolled 18 using 1d20+1.  Spot Check.

Mountain
 NPC, 1 post
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 01:23
(IC) Oakhurst
Seemingly a very large form appears from a allyway near the blacksmith. He stands there, looking down upon the group. The massive form watches them, tilting his head. The blacksmith looks up and mutters something and speaks "Yah bloody got tah be kidding me. Alright go to the tavern eh? Bring me some ale if they got it. Go on! Don't got bloody all day."

The form glances at the dwarf and grunts, nodding to him. His eyes go back to the group and he almost walks into the small gnome, giving him another grunt.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 10 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 08:15
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia kept her eye on the large creature that had just spoken to the dwarf. She guessed it was some sort of servitor race clearly of limited intelligence, more so than other non-elves. She pointed at the big form. "He's heading to the tavern we could follow." she suggested.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 16 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 23:17
(IC) Oakhurst
"That is something we could do. Just don't make it obvious that we are following him. He might think that we are trying to rob him," responded Jacob as he proceeded to head in the same direction as the one who had just walked by.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 21 posts
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 09:23
(IC) Oakhurst
Watching the large humanoid being sent to the tavern, he listend to the other before following them but rubbed his temple as he was trying to figure out what he was.

10:22, Today: Malus Everdark rolled 9 using 1d20+5. knowledge local.
OOC: jeeez

Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 10 posts
Wed 27 Feb 2019
at 14:10
(IC) Oakhurst
"Geez! That guy is big! I'd hate to meet him in a dark alley at night." Threan was a little thrown by the size of the creature but shrugged it off as his belly was still rumbling. He was getting hungrier by the minute but was trying to not seem like it was bothering him.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 12 posts
Wed 27 Feb 2019
at 14:13
(IC) Oakhurst
"Threan, your stomach is grumbling so loudly it would deafen an army" Xanthia spoke drollery casting a look at the back of the Gnomes head. "Lets get into the tavern get ourselves a place to stay and then we can plan from there" Ignoring the speculation on the small giant they were following.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 60 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 02:37
(IC) Oakhurst
The taven door is almost ripped off the hinges as the Goliath goes inside. He grunts, looking at it and shrugs before going inside.

After the group enters, there is about three people inside. They look human. One of them is standing behind the bar, talking to them.

Upon seeing the massive creature, he stops and looks up at him."Usual right?"

A grunt again comes from Mountain. He nods his head and grabs something from behind the bar. It looks like two casks.

Mountain pulls out some money and drops it in front of him before grabbing the two casks, one over his shoulder. He turns and almost hits the gnome. Again. He stares at him and then looks at the others with him. Another grunt.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 14 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 09:22
(IC) Oakhurst
"We found our tavern" Xanthia says with a sardonic smile, scanning the room for an empty table away from the crowd. "Would one of you lovely gentlemen be so kind as to get me a drink, wine if they have it water if they don't." she asked with a sweet smile as she slipped towards the table ensuring she was facing a majority of the inn.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 22 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 09:31
(IC) Oakhurst
"We sure did" Malus said as they got inside "And it's quite rare to see a goliath" he mentions to the others before Xanthia goes to take a seat at a table. Smirking at her remark, he walks over to the bar "Greetings, might I have a glass of wine and a tankard of ale,please" he asked the man behind the bar "And a simple meal, if possible".

This message was last edited by the player at 10:55, Thu 28 Feb 2019.

Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 11 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 15:13
(IC) Oakhurst
"sheesh, I know I'm small but am I invisible as well? that's twice that guy has almost run me over?" Threan said as he took a place at the table. "Well I'll have a simple meal and an ale please!" Looking back to his companions "Wonder if there is any work in this town?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 62 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 15:33
(IC) Oakhurst
The goliath watches the group. Instead of leaving, he sits down. He puts the casks down and stares at them.

One of the people converse about one of their cattle getting killed as well as one of their farmhands.

The keep walks over to the goliath and speaks to him, via some whispering. The goliath nods his head.

A few minutes pass and the group is provided with ale but no wine as well as bread and stew. Oddly the keep doesn't ask for payment.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 15 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 16:32
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia shrugged at the lack of wine, it would have been a lot to expect such a simple species to be able to produce it. "Perhaps he doesn't like you" Xanthia said quietly to Threan, "I'm getting a lightly odd feeling here" Xanthia stated she looked at the human food and opted to go without, she would nibble some of her own rations later.  "Excuse me good.... man." Xanthia said slipping out of the table.

"We seem to have piqued your curiosity, would you mind telling us why?" She said moving closer to the goliath as she spoke to him. She was wondering if she should attempt to use magic to help her communicate but felt it might be a bit of a waste.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:11, Thu 28 Feb 2019.

Mountain
 NPC, 2 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 17:16
(IC) Oakhurst
The massive goliath stands up, towering over the mage. He stares at her and grunts."New people." His voice sounds deep."Eat and drink." It sounds more like a order then anything."Bad things." Huh.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 17 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 19:34
(IC) Oakhurst
"Yeah, there seems to be something strange going on, but I'm not sure if it is something we should investigate or if it is just how this town responds to new arrivals. Though, it seems that we could look into these grumblings about this killed farmhand and cow. Might mean that there is a beast we can track down for coin," commented Jacob as he stared at the interaction between the goliath and Xanthia.
Mountain
 NPC, 3 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 19:44
(IC) Oakhurst
The goliath growls at the warmage. His eyes narrow, hands clenching."Do nothing." He looks back at the mage and grabs the two casks before turning to leave.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 63 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:10
(IC) Oakhurst
The others in the bar watch the goliath moving to leave.

The keep shakes his head, wiping down the bar."He means well but can be rather well..." He shrugs."Blunt. We do have some cattle killed and a young man. Care to hear the tale?"
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 18 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 07:45
(IC) Oakhurst
"I would indeed like to hear this tale. It seems like something that needs to be dealt with, and we may be able to do just that," responded Jacob after the goliath left. He wasn't going to let anyone telling him not to do something keep him from earning coin or being helpful.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 23 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 08:08
(IC) Oakhurst
After have taken a sip from his ale, Malus nodded "Agreed, if someone got killed, we should investigate on and help the people out with this problem". Sitting up straight, he turned his attention to the keep "Please tell us as much as you know" he said as he waited for the keep to given them some information on the incident.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 16 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 08:52
(IC) Oakhurst
"Not to contradict my fellow travellers but the rather large man did just say 'do nothing' Don't know if he was afraid for us or was instructing us but might not be a bad idea to follow his instructions" She looked at the others then at the bar keep. She turned on her charm and gave brilliant smile and leaned over the bar "Tell us about this farmhand that was killed did they find his body?"
Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 12 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 12:03
(IC) Oakhurst
"A murder, interesting!"Threan says with a mouth full of food. Threan seems to perk up more at the sound of a murder more so than food. He looks around. "Any leads?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 64 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 12:50
(IC) Oakhurst
"I believe he said it to the warmage. If someone seems tah not want to help...." The keep shrugs. He leans against the bar after the goliath leaves."Good lad don't get me wrong. Helped out quite a bit yah see. As fer not help out, then don't. Got nothing to give you. Seems he wants more though. Maybe all of yah but that's what we got. Small town." He rubs his chin."But if yah want more, most of the cattle were found with needle like marks. Some were found but hard tah say what cause it. An' the boy found has the same things. One got him right in the neck. Shame. Good boy."He goes back to wiping off the bar."Mayor might know more but probably not. Oh and we had some adventurers came here. Think there be four of them. Knew little. But one of them was a arcanist an' one of them mentioned a magic sword. Shatterspike? Think they had it."

The three others in the room nod to the keep as they moved over to him. It is their town and their business after all.

"Oh and by the way, his name is well oddly....Mountain. Paid fer yah food. And he don't take no gruff. One minute he's there the next poof he's gone."
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 19 posts
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 11:59
(IC) Oakhurst
"So another group of adventurers have already started looking into these deaths. How long ago did you see them," asked Jacob as he pondered over the information about how the cattle and the farmhand had died. He wasn't sure what could make the needle marks that were the probable cause of death. "Did the deaths occur at a particular time of day or were they random?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 65 posts
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 15:48
(IC) Oakhurst
"No no no. They were looking into checking out something else. Sunless Citadel. It sank beneath the surface and they wanted tah find it. I know where it be. Two of them were brother and sister, both from here. Oakdale. A mighty warrior and his sister is a arcanist. Mayor might know more or the constable." He goes back to cleaning."Old road. Keep on following it, can't miss it. Best watch out for them goblins. Buggers. Made deals with us. Enchanted fruit, one fer the village. But they always come back and steal. Every time someone gets the fruit and goes to harvest it, its gone."
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 20 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 09:31
(IC) Oakhurst
"Well, I suppose we should check in with the Mayor about the death of the farmhand and the cows. Perhaps there is already a working theory about what is causing it. What do you all think," inquired Jacob as he begun eating the food that the Mountain had paid for. No sense in starting any sort of investigation on an empty stomach.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 17 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 10:27
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia listened and thought about it, needle like bite marks there were a lot of creatures who could do that. Probably not humanoid. "I think in order to ingratiate ourselves to the village of Oakhurst we should investigate"  She looked over at Jacob, "I would rather feel the constable might know more, Mayors tend to be a bit more hands off" She paused and looked at her backpack. "Jacob why do you not go speak to the Mayor I will track down the constable," She turned and looked at the bartender "Where might I find the constable." She asked sweetly.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 66 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 13:42
(IC) Oakhurst
"I got customers iffn you can't tell and not your maid. Go outside and see fer yourself. Should be a spot that states 'Constable'. Got some barred areas." The keep keeps cleaning and when the three other people start to talk he goes over to them and pours them some ale, and is giving some money in return. He glances at the Tiefling for a moment."I suggest yah talk to the blacksmith."
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 18 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 15:02
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia look at the human and raised an eyebrow, she pulled her hood over her head and turned out of the tavern, she paused beside Jacob "I'll meet you back here before sundown" she said striding out of the tavern door. Once out in the street she looked around for any sign of the constable. "Oh humans try my patience" she thought to herself.
Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 13 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 14:44
(IC) Oakhurst
"What about Malus and Me? We're here too!" People always seemed to forget about him, which most of his race would be ok with but Threan felt a need to make himself known.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 24 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 15:34
(IC) Oakhurst
In reply to Threan Bermin (msg # 38):

Malus tapped Threan on the shoulder and smiled "Don't worry friend, seems we are going to have a chat with the blacksmith after our meal here" he told him and nodded a thanks to the keep before took a quick look at the door "And say thanks to the big man for the food". He then started on his meal and drink, enjoying it with a smile.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 21 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 08:09
(IC) Oakhurst
"I was going to suggest that we stick together instead of running off into different directions, but it is a little late for that now. I'll meet you back here after I talk with the mayor about things. Anything you want me to ask him on your behalf," inquired Jacob as he finished his meal and got ready to head out.
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 6 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 21:59
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek had been following with the group and remained quiet.   This was all a bunch of chaos and confusion.

He mulled over what had been said and was about to speak when Xanthia took off out the door.

"Wait for me."

He moved his short legs as fast as he could in an attempt to catch up to the elf.

OOC: Following Xanthia and trying to catch up to her.
Mountain
 NPC, 4 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 20:06
(IC) Oakhurst
Whack! Xanthia walks into the Goliath. He snorts, watching her and grunts before moving to the side. He looks over at the others as they come out of the tavern. Another grunt and he turns towards the blacksmith.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 19 posts
Fri 8 Mar 2019
at 22:24
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia pauses and looks up at the huge giant, "I am so sorry good man." she pauses She looks the simple goliath up and down, "Would you happen to know where to find the lawbringer of this town is your constable"  she repeated for clarity. She looked up and down the giant man. "They really do grow them big in these parts" She heard the cumbersome dwarf rushing out of the inn behind her. "Ah Martek have you met....." she paused and turned to the giant, "Awfully sorry I didn't get your name.
"

Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 7 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 02:56
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek was trying to catch up to Xanthia when he saw her run into the big man.

Upon seeing him look at her and snort, Martek was lit on fire.

Making a bee line for the large man as Xanthia began to speak, he waited for her to stop and was blocking the big man from moving forward.

Pointing a finger, he raised his voice.

"Hey you!  Yea I'm talking to you.   Be careful where you walk, unless you need some adjusting.   Bump into a woman and snort?  Should I snort when me hammer bumps into your head five or six times?"
Mountain
 NPC, 4 posts
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 07:16
(IC) Oakhurst
The goliath stops and turns, growling at the cleric. He turn keeps moving back to the blacksmith ignoring the dwarf. He glances at the mountain and raises his hand at it and lowers it. Mountain looks at the elf, and then points where the constable is. The area that has bared up windows and a elf sitting out front. He then pulls out his hammer which is a lot bigger then the dwarves.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:44, Sat 09 Mar 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 73 posts
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 23:16
(IC) Oakhurst
"ENOUGH!" The woman approaches, hearing the dwarf and seeing the goliath. She nods her head, standing between them and he looks at the dwarf."You raise that weapon and you will be put in jail for disturbing the peace and assaulting one of the blacksmiths. I strongly suggest you apologize. He means no offense." She seems serious and glances at the elf."What brings you to this town? I am Constable Felosial."

The goliath does as he is told, grunting and stands there for a moment before moving towards the blacksmith.
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 9 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 23:50
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek, raised both his weaponless hands and smiled.

"I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else,  I thought you were bumping into her and snorting as if she meant nothing and should never be in your way again.  Please forgive me."

He had spoken loud enough to be heard and remained silent after that.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 22 posts
Sun 10 Mar 2019
at 17:28
(IC) Oakhurst
"Martek I think you should let me do the talking from now on." Xanthia suggested.  She cast him a sweet smile,

"Excuse me, would you happen to be the law for this small village?" she asked  addressing the woman. "We have heard that there have been incidents of people dying and cattle, We would like to know if you have any further information and to if we might be able to assist?" She looked the woman in the eyes as she spoke to her kindly. "I do apologize for my friend here, he is very very protective of me, but he usually is as sweet as a kitten" she said with a sly smile "As to your first question we are simply travelers I myself am a seeker of knowledge, we all have our reasons but are bound along the same rout."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:23, Mon 11 Mar 2019.

Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 26 posts
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 10:34
(IC) Oakhurst
Malus got outside with the others and listend to the conversation for a moment before walking to the dwarven smith "Greetings, I was told  that you might know something more about"  he leaned in a bit close before speaking in a lowered voice "The death of cattle and a farmhand. You see, we want to help with this problem, so any extra information would be appreciated, if you don't mind sharing ofcourse". He stood up more straight again, keeping up a friendly smile "So, would you be able to share some info for this matter?" he asked the dwarven smith.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 23 posts
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 10:37
(IC) Oakhurst
Making it outside, Jacob waited to see what was going on before speaking as too many voices would probably just cause more confusion into a tense situation, but when the woman came up and introduced herself as the constable he figured that luck was on their side at the moment. "Excuse me. Could you point me in the direction of where the mayor might be at?"
Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 14 posts
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 14:07
(IC) Oakhurst
Threan decided to let Malus do the talking. Despite being an adult gnome, people tended to handle him with kid gloves because of his size, which was particularly embarrassing for a swashbuckler of his caliber. But he let it go as he always did, shrugging it off as if it were no big deal.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 75 posts
Thu 14 Mar 2019
at 02:54
(IC) Oakhurst
"Stop. One at a time." The constable raises her hand and points at the elf and tielfling."I know little. It happens at random times and seems to only happen when one person is alone or with cattle. All that was found was needlemarks. Their belongings are being held by me and no, I will not allow you access to them."

She turns towards the warmage."Why do you wish to speak with him?"

The goliath watches the dwarf and grunts, eyes narrowed before going over to the blacksmith. He talks to him privately and the smith looks up at him wide-eyed."Seriously lad?" He watches Mountain and starts to laugh. What is going on?
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 27 posts
Fri 15 Mar 2019
at 14:24
(IC) Oakhurst
Malus blinks as the goliath comes over and talks to the dwarf who starts laughing. Looking at Threan with a raised borwn, he then shrugs before turning back to the dwarf "Excuus me, but what seems so funny?" he ask curiously as he crosses his arms.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 24 posts
Sat 16 Mar 2019
at 08:54
(IC) Oakhurst
"I was told it that the mayor might have more information about the death of some cattle and a farmhand that occurred recently. Looking to learn more so that I know what might be out there when we go hunting for it," stated Jacob as he stared at the constable.

"There was also mention of another party that passed through town, so I wanted to inquire about this Sunless Citadel that they were going to and this Shatterspike that that one of them was carrying."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 76 posts
Sat 16 Mar 2019
at 09:59
(IC) Oakhurst
"Excuse me? I told you what had happened." The constable watches the human, eyes narrowing before turning towards the elf."Seems he is a bit daft? Nothing was known besides what I stated. I went out there, retrieved the body with my deputies and returned here." She crosses her harms over her chest as the tielfling heads over to the blacksmith. Ignoring this, and turning back towards the constable area she stops."There was four in total. Two of them-the warrior and mage-lived here. The others were passing through. None returned. All I know of Shatterspike was it was a longsword. The mayor is in mourning. Leave him be."

At the smith, Mountain stares at the tiefling before heading inside. The blacksmith grumbles and starts to hammer."Don't you bloody worry bout it. You bloody think I know what your talkin' about? Cattle die. People die. Yah think I want to leave? Now what do you want? I got armor and weapons. Or I can bloody make you somethin' for a price."

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:03, Sun 17 Mar 2019.

Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 25 posts
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 12:34
(IC) Oakhurst
"That would be the information that seems common to everyone in town. I am looking for information on what people might think it was, so that we can best prepare ourselves for the potential foes we might be facing. Strange creature sightings, old wives tales about a monster that once inhabited the area. You must have a working theory as to what killed the cattle and the farmhand," responded Jacob as he glanced over at his companions.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 78 posts
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 14:25
(IC) Oakhurst
CONSTABLE: Talking to
Jacob, Martek, Threan, Xanthia
Can see the duskblade at the smithy with the blacksmith
.

"So you come here and insist that I must have a theory? I strongly suggest you think before you speak." The elf stares at the warmage, obviously angered towards him."No one knows what it is least anyone that has approached. We have no scholars here. No libary."
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 11 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 23:04
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek had remained silent, and was straining to keep the faith.

His face showed he was failing miserably.

Smiling, he looked at the constable and said, "Thank you for your time.  We appreciate any help you have been able to give us.  Who owned the cows?"
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 24 posts
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 07:55
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia listened to Martek, it was a good question "Perhaps if we investigate the scene of the attacks we can find out what has caused this" she thought for a moment she could put two an two together she had a guess about what would cause the needle like marks the draining of the blood, but her theory could be wrong. "I think we should leave the busy constable alone and continue our investigations elsewhere" she suggested to Jacob, Markek, and Threan.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 29 posts
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 13:37
(IC) Oakhurst
"Wel now" Malus raised his hands a bit "I ment no disrespect, master dwarf but the barkeep told me to see you, i'm sure he wouldn't have done so without reason" he told him before turning to Threan "Perhapse you can explain it better then me" he suggested to him.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:48, Thu 21 Mar 2019.

Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 26 posts
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 07:58
(IC) Oakhurst
"Yes, let's press on," commented Jacob as he turned and headed to the blacksmith to wait on their other companions.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 25 posts
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 09:47
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia walked a step behind Jacob. "I feel that the local's aren't being too helpful" She smiled "I mean why wouldn't they be they have a spree of livestock mutilation and a murder on their hands and a group of strangers strut into their village demanding answers" She said sarcastically. She glanced up ahead where Malus was speaking to the blacksmith. "I'll wait a little back" Xanthia said "All of us there might be a little intimidating"

OCC: Xanthia won't follow the whole group to the blacksmith but hangs around the village square watching the people and trying to get the lay of the land

This message was last edited by the player at 15:42, Fri 22 Mar 2019.

Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 12 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 12:18
(IC) Oakhurst
“Splitting up sounds good.  Cover more ground that way.  Seeing as I’m a dwarf and a blacksmith as well, perhaps I should speak to the blacksmith alone eh?   Could offer to give him a hand?   You all think we should split up and go our seperate ways for a bit?   I suggest we not travel alone though.   Do as you all wish.”

With that, Martek headed over to the smith.

He spoke in dwarven to him and in a low tone.

“Hello brother, anything I can help you with?  Holding the hot rod stock while you hammer or keeping the bellows  going and feeding the forge to keep it up to temperature?”

This message was last edited by the player at 12:20, Fri 22 Mar 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 80 posts
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 12:50
(IC) Oakhurst
"Best take the goliath. He knows where the bodies were found. I would send a deputy out but no one wants to leave." The constable mentions as everyone seems to be going across the square to the smithy."For someone who seem to want answers...." She shakes her head "I pray they have better luck then the others."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BLACKSMITH
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The smithy blinks "Well someone should shove a hot piece of iron up his..." He stops."People die. Some cattle. Thats all I bloody know and unless you got more to ask I will tell yah to bugger off unless you want to buy somethin'."

As Martek approaches, Mountain comes out of the smithy. The smithy shakes his head "I do not need yah help. I got him."

Mountain looks down at the others and spots the remaining group. A grunt comes from him and he starts to feed the forge. The smithy finishes pounding a horseshoe and goes over to Mountain. Both of them mutter something and the smithy goes back to the anvil."Shatterspike eh? The other adventures I know somethin' bout. One was all weird. There was two no three of them other then hers. Wanted some supplies fer travelin'. Two of them were from here."

SLAM SLAM SLAM.

He keeps hammering and stops."One of them was a holy type. Always preachin'."

SLAM CRACK SLAM!

The smithy tilts his head."Talgen and Sharwyn. Tal used tah work her and his sister was all into that arcane somethin'."

Mountain keeps putting more coal into the forge and doing some tasks around the smithy but he keeps looking at the others.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:05, Fri 22 Mar 2019.

Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 14 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 17:31
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek nodded to the smith and stayed back.

"No problem.  I just wanted to offer to lend a hand.   Would you happen to know anything about the cows that were killed?  Who they belonged to or where the cow remains are so we can examine them?   We appreciate any input you give us."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:58, Sun 24 Mar 2019.

Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 27 posts
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 21:09
(IC) Oakhurst
Since the dwarf was asking all the questions that he would have asked, Jacob stood by and let Martek handle this conversation.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 27 posts
Mon 25 Mar 2019
at 13:28
(IC) Oakhurst
Xathina far enough away so the banging from the forge wasn't giving her a headache but her excellent hearing allowed her to pick up the conversation, slowly she studies the Goliath.

Those huge mountain men were known for their fierce independence and close knit tribes. You would rarely see one, let alone one that had chosen to be amongst others a bit like herself she knew they disliked magic and would be unlikely to find any kinship in her. Usually one outside of a tribe was one that had been exiled. She knew better than to approach him.

Instead she watched propping herself up against a town sign. She heard a purr and a meow from within her cloak she opened up the inside of her cloak into the carefully woven pouch. Her small sleek cat was finally stirring she offered it a titbit however the lazy cat refused before launching itself to the ground and stretching out it's legs. "Don't go too far" warned Xanthia.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 30 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 06:04
(IC) Oakhurst
Malus stepped back a bit as the others moved in and started to ask their questions to the dwarven smith. He flinched a bit from the strong metal on metal sounds, making him rub his ears before moving away some.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 86 posts
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 15:51
(IC) Oakhurst
"Yer asking me about bloody cows and where they be? Whatcha do with a cow once its dead? This be a small town so it probably got all cooked." The blacksmith shakes his head and slams the hammer down as he works."Hey!"

Mountain turns and looks down at everyone present. He grunts and crosses his arms.

The smithy puts the metal into the water."Yah know where the bodies are right? Go on. Bring them along."

The goliath nods his head and heads inside. He comes out with his massive hammer and his gear and moves towards the elf. Odd.
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 15 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 03:48
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek listened and was patient.  He nodded to the blacksmith and spoke loud enough for all to hear on purpose.

"We appreciate what information you have given us.   As we are adventurers and going to do our best to find this problem and solve it and help this community, we also were trying to learn everything we could rather than walk in blind.   We'll do everything in our power to help and will walk on eggshells.  Last thing we want is to hurt feelings or get arrested for asking questions and trying to help."

Bowing his head to the blacksmith and constable, he slowly moved toward the goliath.

"Mountain is it?  Would appreciate it if you could show us where the attack happened.   We want to investigate before we try and hunt down what did this and bring them to justice."

He spoke in a low tone now and nodded with a slight head bow toward the goliath.   Knowing that the others were on edge, he was trying to get things going and move away from the town.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 28 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 08:13
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia noting that the dwarf was being a lot more diplomatic now smiled to herself. She watched her familiar prowling about for a bit. "I think we may have a guide" She said to herself smiling.

Xanthia looked at the constable then to the blacksmith, it appeared that there was some sort of tension going on in the background. It was almost as if they didn't want anyone investigating, or at the least it appeared they didn't want her group investigating. "Come on, Tesilis" She said to her cat before crossing the street to stand next to Martek.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 28 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 13:16
(IC) Oakhurst
With a guide in hand, Jacob just waited for the goliath to begin leading them toward wherever it was that the cows died. The sooner that they investigated the area and figured out what killed the cows and the farmhand, the sooner that they could take care of the problem and be out of everyone's hair.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 31 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 21:38
(IC) Oakhurst
Listening in to the conversations while looking around a bit at various people and objects closeby, he looked at the dwarven smith who talked with Mountain who was then appointed to as their guide to show them where the killings had happend and followed along with the rest "Wel, guess we go this way then" he said with a light smile.
Mountain
 NPC, 5 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 02:53
(IC) Oakhurst
The massive goliath looks down at the cat. He tilts his head, watching it and kneels down, hand out for it. He waits to see if it will come over to him and he grunts. Mountain looks up at the wizard then at the familiar. He nods his head as he turns to look at the cleric. He puts his hammer down next to him and grins."Hammer much bigger." Huh. If the cat comes he will scoop it up and put it on his shoulder, if it does that is. He stands up, looking down upon the odd group and starts to head across the town.
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 16 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 03:56
(IC) Oakhurst
Martek looked at the goliath's hammer for a couple seconds, then quickly to his on his waist belt, looking back to the goliath, he simply nods his head and smirks.

As the goliath takes off, Martek leaves an open palm in the air for everyone to go on.

"I'll take the rear guard."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:57, Tue 02 Apr 2019.

Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 29 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 08:43
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia smiled "It appears Tesilis made a friend" She said with a wry smile. Tesilis may have been her familiar but like all cats it had a bit of a mind of its own. She saw Tesilis perch on the massive shoulders of the mountain. She gave the cat a wink and followed a reasonable distance behind.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 29 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 11:44
(IC) Oakhurst
"At least, this gives us another set of eyes to find some lcues as to what kind of creature killed the farmhand and the cows," Jacob said as he proceeded after the goliath. He did his best to trail a step or two behind the larger man.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 32 posts
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 12:45
(IC) Oakhurst
"Let's hope we can find out what creature killed them and take it down so they can rest easy it won't be a trouble anymore" Malus said as he tapped his chin already thinking ahead what it could be "Let's see, they said there was aneedle like stings on the animals and the farm boy...maybe somekind of large insect?" he asked looking back at the rest.