(IC) Oakhurst.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 16 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 09:26
(IC) Oakhurst
Pulling his cloak a bit more tightly to himself, Malus looked at the people walking around them and giving them lookss "Wel, whatever this place is called, I agree with finding a place to eat and rest, we been traveling for a while now" he said, checking for any inn that was in the direct vicinity "besides, maybe we can get some more information about the area and perhapse some jobs we can take".

This message was last edited by the player at 09:38, Tue 19 Feb 2019.

Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 6 posts
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 09:55
(IC) Oakhurst
"There is a Tavern up ahead." Said Xanthia gracefully moving along beside the other two. "There I am sure you can find something to fill your bellies" she hid a small smile, she found human food distasteful however in recent weeks she had learned that with some water she could keep it down.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 14 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 09:51
(IC) Oakhurst
"Though you can probably find out about some jobs we can take if you keep your ears open. People may be muttering about personal grievances as we pass by," stated Jacob as he hefted his mace over one shoulder as he walked toward the back of the group. While it was his idea, the warmage had to admit that it would be difficult to eavesdrop on people if all eyes were on them, but he hoped that being in the tavern might offer them a better chance of picking up any grumbles about problems in the area.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 7 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 11:30
(IC) Oakhurst
Keeping her hood up Xanthia looked around, her eyes a lot keener than most humans as were her ears. She scanned the humans as she walked past trying to pick up on titbits of information or spot anything out of the ordinary. She kept her cloak pulled tight around her as she followed the others.


11:24, Today: Xanthia Stillwater rolled 19 using 1d20+1.  Spot check. +2 racial bonus (21)
11:24, Today: Xanthia Stillwater rolled 18 using 1d20+1.  Listen. +2 racial bonus (20)

Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 9 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 15:54
(IC) Oakhurst
Threan looks around, trying to get a feel for the town.

10:53, Today: Threan Bermin rolled 17 using 1d20-1.  Listen check.
10:51, Today: Threan Bermin rolled 4 using 1d20-1. Spot check

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:56, Thu 21 Feb 2019.

Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 18 posts
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 06:41
(IC) Oakhurst
Trying to get a better feel from the town,Malus looks around so perhapse see something of interest.

07:40, Today: Malus Everdark rolled 3 using 1d20+1.  Listen check.
07:40, Today: Malus Everdark rolled 8 using 1d20+1.  Spot check.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:58, Fri 22 Feb 2019.

Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 15 posts
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 12:12
(IC) Oakhurst
Taking his own suggestion to heart, Jacob scanned the area while keeping his ears open for any voices that might aid them in finding some work.

06:06, Today: Jacob Richardson rolled 8 using 1d20+1.  Listen Check.
06:06, Today: Jacob Richardson rolled 18 using 1d20+1.  Spot Check.

Mountain
 NPC, 1 post
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 01:23
(IC) Oakhurst
Seemingly a very large form appears from a allyway near the blacksmith. He stands there, looking down upon the group. The massive form watches them, tilting his head. The blacksmith looks up and mutters something and speaks "Yah bloody got tah be kidding me. Alright go to the tavern eh? Bring me some ale if they got it. Go on! Don't got bloody all day."

The form glances at the dwarf and grunts, nodding to him. His eyes go back to the group and he almost walks into the small gnome, giving him another grunt.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 10 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 08:15
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia kept her eye on the large creature that had just spoken to the dwarf. She guessed it was some sort of servitor race clearly of limited intelligence, more so than other non-elves. She pointed at the big form. "He's heading to the tavern we could follow." she suggested.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 16 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 23:17
(IC) Oakhurst
"That is something we could do. Just don't make it obvious that we are following him. He might think that we are trying to rob him," responded Jacob as he proceeded to head in the same direction as the one who had just walked by.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 21 posts
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 09:23
(IC) Oakhurst
Watching the large humanoid being sent to the tavern, he listend to the other before following them but rubbed his temple as he was trying to figure out what he was.

10:22, Today: Malus Everdark rolled 9 using 1d20+5. knowledge local.
OOC: jeeez

Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 10 posts
Wed 27 Feb 2019
at 14:10
(IC) Oakhurst
"Geez! That guy is big! I'd hate to meet him in a dark alley at night." Threan was a little thrown by the size of the creature but shrugged it off as his belly was still rumbling. He was getting hungrier by the minute but was trying to not seem like it was bothering him.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 12 posts
Wed 27 Feb 2019
at 14:13
(IC) Oakhurst
"Threan, your stomach is grumbling so loudly it would deafen an army" Xanthia spoke drollery casting a look at the back of the Gnomes head. "Lets get into the tavern get ourselves a place to stay and then we can plan from there" Ignoring the speculation on the small giant they were following.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 60 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 02:37
(IC) Oakhurst
The taven door is almost ripped off the hinges as the Goliath goes inside. He grunts, looking at it and shrugs before going inside.

After the group enters, there is about three people inside. They look human. One of them is standing behind the bar, talking to them.

Upon seeing the massive creature, he stops and looks up at him."Usual right?"

A grunt again comes from Mountain. He nods his head and grabs something from behind the bar. It looks like two casks.

Mountain pulls out some money and drops it in front of him before grabbing the two casks, one over his shoulder. He turns and almost hits the gnome. Again. He stares at him and then looks at the others with him. Another grunt.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 14 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 09:22
(IC) Oakhurst
"We found our tavern" Xanthia says with a sardonic smile, scanning the room for an empty table away from the crowd. "Would one of you lovely gentlemen be so kind as to get me a drink, wine if they have it water if they don't." she asked with a sweet smile as she slipped towards the table ensuring she was facing a majority of the inn.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 22 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 09:31
(IC) Oakhurst
"We sure did" Malus said as they got inside "And it's quite rare to see a goliath" he mentions to the others before Xanthia goes to take a seat at a table. Smirking at her remark, he walks over to the bar "Greetings, might I have a glass of wine and a tankard of ale,please" he asked the man behind the bar "And a simple meal, if possible".

This message was last edited by the player at 10:55, Thu 28 Feb 2019.

Threan Bermin
 Gnome Swashbuckler, 11 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 15:13
(IC) Oakhurst
"sheesh, I know I'm small but am I invisible as well? that's twice that guy has almost run me over?" Threan said as he took a place at the table. "Well I'll have a simple meal and an ale please!" Looking back to his companions "Wonder if there is any work in this town?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 62 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 15:33
(IC) Oakhurst
The goliath watches the group. Instead of leaving, he sits down. He puts the casks down and stares at them.

One of the people converse about one of their cattle getting killed as well as one of their farmhands.

The keep walks over to the goliath and speaks to him, via some whispering. The goliath nods his head.

A few minutes pass and the group is provided with ale but no wine as well as bread and stew. Oddly the keep doesn't ask for payment.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 15 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 16:32
(IC) Oakhurst
Xanthia shrugged at the lack of wine, it would have been a lot to expect such a simple species to be able to produce it. "Perhaps he doesn't like you" Xanthia said quietly to Threan, "I'm getting a lightly odd feeling here" Xanthia stated she looked at the human food and opted to go without, she would nibble some of her own rations later.  "Excuse me good.... man." Xanthia said slipping out of the table.

"We seem to have piqued your curiosity, would you mind telling us why?" She said moving closer to the goliath as she spoke to him. She was wondering if she should attempt to use magic to help her communicate but felt it might be a bit of a waste.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:11, Thu 28 Feb 2019.

Mountain
 NPC, 2 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 17:16
(IC) Oakhurst
The massive goliath stands up, towering over the mage. He stares at her and grunts."New people." His voice sounds deep."Eat and drink." It sounds more like a order then anything."Bad things." Huh.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 17 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 19:34
(IC) Oakhurst
"Yeah, there seems to be something strange going on, but I'm not sure if it is something we should investigate or if it is just how this town responds to new arrivals. Though, it seems that we could look into these grumblings about this killed farmhand and cow. Might mean that there is a beast we can track down for coin," commented Jacob as he stared at the interaction between the goliath and Xanthia.
Mountain
 NPC, 3 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 19:44
(IC) Oakhurst
The goliath growls at the warmage. His eyes narrow, hands clenching."Do nothing." He looks back at the mage and grabs the two casks before turning to leave.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 63 posts
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:10
(IC) Oakhurst
The others in the bar watch the goliath moving to leave.

The keep shakes his head, wiping down the bar."He means well but can be rather well..." He shrugs."Blunt. We do have some cattle killed and a young man. Care to hear the tale?"
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 18 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 07:45
(IC) Oakhurst
"I would indeed like to hear this tale. It seems like something that needs to be dealt with, and we may be able to do just that," responded Jacob after the goliath left. He wasn't going to let anyone telling him not to do something keep him from earning coin or being helpful.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 23 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 08:08
(IC) Oakhurst
After have taken a sip from his ale, Malus nodded "Agreed, if someone got killed, we should investigate on and help the people out with this problem". Sitting up straight, he turned his attention to the keep "Please tell us as much as you know" he said as he waited for the keep to given them some information on the incident.