(IC) Sunless Citadel.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 26 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Wed 15 May 2019
at 13:04
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Charging down the incline, Martek angled to intercept one of the rats.

He hoped to hear a meaty crunch as he swung his war hammer.

OOC: +2 to hit/-2 to AC
06:01, Today: Martek Grandull rolled 4 using 1d8+2.  Damage rat.
06:00, Today: Martek Grandull rolled 21 using 1d20+4.  Hit rat.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:34, Wed 15 May 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 112 posts
Fri 17 May 2019
at 01:46
(IC) Sunless Citadel
The goliath and dwarf attack one of the rats. Mountain slams his hammer down, the rat's head explodes!

The mage casts a spell. With a sigh of relief, the dire rats seem to fall asleep!
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 41 posts
 HP: 10/14; AC: 16
 Fort 1; Refl 2; Will 3
Fri 17 May 2019
at 11:48
(IC) Sunless Citadel
"Nice work. Now, someone put them down for good," commented Jacob as he  checked his wounds.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 42 posts
Fri 17 May 2019
at 11:54
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Coming down, Malus uses his morning star on the now sleeping rat "It's not over yet" he said as he lifts his weapon "Better make sure they are really dead, don't want them get in the way when we get things finished up down here".

13:53, Today: Malus Everdark rolled 4 using 1d8+3. coup de grace.
total 8 damage 

This message was last edited by the player at 21:04, Sat 18 May 2019.

Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 27 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Mon 20 May 2019
at 03:29
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Martek wasn't one for words and simply walked over and delivered a blow to a giant rat's sleeping head.

OOC: 23:27, Today: Secret Roll: Martek Grandull rolled 8 using 1d8+2.  coupe de grace.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 113 posts
Wed 22 May 2019
at 21:40
(IC) Sunless Citadel
The rats are easily dispatched.

Crumble Courtyard:
The narrow stairs empty into a small courtyard, apparently the top of what was once a crenellated battlement. The buried citadel has sunk so far into the earth that the battlement is now level with the surrounding cavern floor.The floor stretches away to the north and south and it is apparently composed of a layer of treacherous crumbled masonry, which reaches to a unknown depth. To the west looms the surviving structure of what must be the Sunless Citadel. A tower stands on the west side of the courtyard.
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 28 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Thu 23 May 2019
at 04:21
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Martek looks around briefly getting a feel for the area.

After he feels they are safe for now, he turns to look at Jacob.

"You ok?  Unsure if you feel sick or need healing."
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 42 posts
 HP: 10/14; AC: 16
 Fort 1; Refl 2; Will 3
Thu 23 May 2019
at 09:55
(IC) Sunless Citadel
"I'll be okay for the moment. We should just press on into the structure before any more rats are attracted by the noise we make," commented Jacob as he started toward the tower.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 43 posts
Thu 23 May 2019
at 09:59
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Putting his morning star away and grabbing his greatsword, he followed close behind Jacob "Just make sure that when you need healing to say so" Malus said as he kept an eye out on the surroundings to spot any dangers or perhapse other things that seemed out of the ordinary.
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 29 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Wed 29 May 2019
at 20:54
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Martek simply grunted and followed Jacob as he headed toward the tower.

He kept his war hammer out and continued to look for movement as they walked.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 43 posts
 HP: 10/14; AC: 16
 Fort 1; Refl 2; Will 3
Fri 31 May 2019
at 09:45
(IC) Sunless Citadel
"Don't worry. If the need arises, you will be the second one that I tell," responded Jacob with a smirk as he proceeded toward the tower.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 114 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 23:41
(IC) Sunless Citadel
The goliath waits for the others and once done he enters the tower shell.

This circular area is cobbled with cracked granite upon which sprawl four goblins, all apprarently slain in combat. One stands with its back against the western wall, the killing spear still skewering it and holding it upright. Three wooden doors lead off from this area. Above, a hollow tower of loose masonry reaches 30 feet, but the interveining floors and stairs are gone except for a couple of crumble ledges. The group enters from one of the doors to the left.

Mountain checks out the area, and finds a secret door as well to the south. One door is in the north and the others to the southwest.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 45 posts
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 17:44
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Malus looks at the killed goblins, leaning down to check their wounds "Wel, other people surely have come through here" he said as he got back up and followed after the rest. Raising a brow at the spear, he shrugged "less problems for us".
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 38 posts
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 21:50
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Xanthia will look at Malus and say, "Malus you maybe right that we have less problems now but I am worried that maybe we can have a bigger issue later because whatever killed this maybe still around it could be an issue."
She will stand up and look to the rest of the party.
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 44 posts
 HP: 10/14; AC: 16
 Fort 1; Refl 2; Will 3
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 08:48
(IC) Sunless Citadel
"We know that a group of four had already headed this way, so it was probably them that dispatched the four here," chimed in Jacob as he thought about which door that they should go through.

"So anyone got a good feeling about any of these doors?"
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 30 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Sun 16 Jun 2019
at 13:47
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Martel had remained quiet and was looking at the floor.  Surely there was a boot print in the dust or dirt that would show where whatever had done this had gone or perhaps the combat.

After a moment, he moved to remove the spear from the dead goblin and study it for a moment.  Maybe he could tell if it was crudely crafted or smithed by someone with skill.

“I guess we can go wherever.  Should we pick a direction and continue that way till we make a circle.  Keep going left or right?”
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 46 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 14:17
(IC) Sunless Citadel
"Wel, we could check out the secret door first Mountain found" Malus said as he looked at the door "Maybe we can find some good stuff behind it, or some passageway".
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 39 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 16:22
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Xanthia will look at everyone and say, "Lead the way my friends."
Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 45 posts
 HP: 10/14; AC: 16
 Fort 1; Refl 2; Will 3
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 08:32
(IC) Sunless Citadel
"I concur, Malus. Let's check the secret door first," stated Jacob as he went over to the door to open it.
Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 31 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 09:21
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Martek tried to quickly move to block Jacob.

"Could be trapped.  If I had a secret door and it was a way to treasure or where I hid I would have a trap of some sort."

He looked to the others and studied the ground and around the door for anything amiss.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 120 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 09:41
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Apparently, the large Mountain was ignored. He grunts and stands in front of the door as he was standing there the whole time. The man points away from it as if warning the warmage before kneeling down examining it. After a moment, he opens the door.

When he opens it, its a pocket chamber that is damp and cold about 10' x 10'. The skeletons of three long dead archers slump against the rear rubble-filled arrow slits along the east and south wall.
Xanthia Stillwater
 Grey Elf Wizard, 40 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 15:03
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Xanthia will look at the room and take a deep breath. She will look around the area and take in the scene. She will take a deep breath in she will see what her elf senses tell her.


14:26, Today: Xanthia Stillwater rolled 6 using 1d20+3.  Spot check to see if anything is amiss.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:28, Tue 18 June 2019.

Martek Grandull
 Dwarf Cleric, 33 posts
 Dwarf Cleric
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 08:40
(IC) Sunless Citadel
Martek hefts his hammer and stand his ground for a moment.

In a whisper he says, “They died staying on guard.  Admirable .”

He moves into the chamber to look things over.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:22, Tue 25 June 2019.

Jacob Richardson
 Human Warmage, 46 posts
 HP: 10/14; AC: 16
 Fort 1; Refl 2; Will 3
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 05:39
(IC) Sunless Citadel
"Anything of value on them," asks the Warmage as he took a few steps away from the door to keep from overcrowding the area.
Malus Everdark
 Tielfling Duskblade, 47 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 05:59
(IC) Sunless Citadel
"Maybe their bows and arrows are still in good condition" Malus suggested as he kept watch outside "We could use the extra arrows, less chance to run out of them".

07:58, Today: Malus Everdark rolled 2 using 1d20+1. spot check. 07:58, Today: Malus Everdark rolled 4 using 1d20+1. listen check.

Oh look, a stone :O seriously