RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Center City and Surrounding Environs

18:30, 20th July 2024 (GMT+0)

Center City - The Harmon Building.

Posted by SSOGMFor group 0
JUSTICAR
player, 1000 posts
Teen Exo-Pilot MA15/PB14
HP39, SDC49 J:4-645 AR17
Thu 13 Oct 2022
at 03:59
  • msg #173

Center City - The Harmon Building

Paladin is motionless.  The metal giant revealing no reaction to the tragic turn of events.

Then the metal giant pivots on it's metallic feet walking a few ponderous steps away and it's rocket engines whirr to life as it thunders skyward on a tail of fire arcing toward the marina back the way it came...


The young man's tone is cold and curt.  His signal cut off.

<< Exit to: LESP Offices >>
This message was last edited by the player at 06:07, Thu 13 Oct 2022.
The Maharaja
player, 163 posts
Thu 13 Oct 2022
at 04:22
  • msg #174

Center City - The Harmon Building

In reply to Crusader (msg # 170):

"Are you saying this poor creature is from a universe that has no flow of positive nor negative chi at all?  What kind of horrible isolation beings from that place must endure?  It is the flow that connects everything everywhere.  I would never have thought such a place could exist.  Wait, what if Holly is in such a place as that?  If the flow of chi was slowly killing this alien bear and Holly is in the same place this bear came from then the lack of flow would surely be killing her just the same.  In fact, it would have an even more devastating effect on her because she doesn't have the monstrous stamina this bear had."
This message was last edited by the player at 04:25, Thu 13 Oct 2022.
Bellissima
player, 436 posts
ISP 22/156
HP::23/23
Thu 13 Oct 2022
at 05:11
  • msg #175

Center City - The Harmon Building

Bellissima frowned as the bear was killed before she could contact it or even determine if she could have contacted it.  She rubbed her head, as she replaced the manhole cover back into the hole it covered as she turned and walked away.

She didn't have any clues to follow up to find Holly or Vitaly and she had a major headache from over-extending her psychic powers again. [Language unknown: T ro teacad evur p latromons aiomilre.  Evpr Es Ngulon P ame nte atto rathisconhis foacul E ivdire.  Eleimana, o al witble'linate andomeain p rored Triene sta A tawh wafo, ma re m whla.  O a ereand'ithsetted ever n enweil pa ekit m one ess.]

She stopped next to Runa/Lillibeth, "You did your best, but it wasn't meant to be.  From what I am hearing Crusader tell Maharaja, it couldn't survive in this universe."

Leaving the area, she returned home to mediate and recover her strength before getting back to her studies.  Hopefully, Justicar would come up with something to save Holly.  Meanwhile she had classwork to catch up on.
Runa
player, 129 posts
HP 30, SDC 47
PB14, MA 18
Thu 13 Oct 2022
at 06:09
  • msg #176

Center City - The Harmon Building

Runa, try though she might, fails to push the spark of the divine into the sobbing bear. "Its like trying to push together two magnets with the same pole," Lilibeth thought, feeling Runa's struggle. After another minute of effort to no avail, Runa lowers her hands, exhausted from trying to save the creature's life. Runa could feel Lilibeth's sadness and was about to comfort her when Bellissima came to them and offered her own kind words.

"Thank you Bellissima. You are right, Fate had other plans for this bear. Perhaps this is for the best."

Runa could feel a spark of anger rise within Lilibeth's mind at her words but the other woman's sadness smothered it before it could turn to fury. Runa actually regretted that for anger would at least provoke Lilibeth into interacting with her. As it was, when she got like this, Runa knew it would be hours at best, before the other woman recovered and returned to her normal, irrepressible self.
Senor Garcia
player, 103 posts
Retiree
HP: 85 SDC: 188
Thu 13 Oct 2022
at 12:26
  • msg #177

Center City - The Harmon Building

Senior Garcia made his way down to street level after placing his rifle on safe.

From the looks on the faces he could see and body language he could tell some were upset at killing the bear from some other world/universe/dimension.

[Language unknown:

“Mi k an eveingtho ast ticie oerevekor red staithwer ieleev hi wheareine mi ncie nc. K stut t eeounc e ndev erene p itplel nc ore taetfo ounng wi di la ce ereainpro el setureere k earterted iou Pl’wi haseas i antprowhi.”

“Ho beilec hatthaeariou ma thindeore nt undest'aveilloul etwh ne plsiic u p.”
]

Chimp Man Z
player, 697 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP 101 SDC 343, CHI 40
Thu 13 Oct 2022
at 13:34
  • msg #178

Center City - The Harmon Building

I wonder if we had fed him instead of fighting him, if he could have incorporated some of the Chi of our world into his body, CMZ says with a sorrowful tone to his voice.  Maybe, next time we deal with an animal, we try something like that rather than fighting it.
SSOGM
GM, 764 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Sat 15 Oct 2022
at 23:16
  • msg #179

Center City - The Harmon Building

The heroes, and many other interested citizens, look mournfully upon what they now realize is a helpless innocent caught up in science run amok. As some begin to leave, some work to clean up, and others talk to the press. Most people don't notice the distinguished, older gentleman that approaches the body of the brontobear. Some present recognize him as a renowned theoretical physicist, LESP recognize him as Franz Undorf aka Phantasma.
Phantasma
NPC, 14 posts
Sat 15 Oct 2022
at 23:24
  • msg #180

Center City - The Harmon Building

"It is a sorrowful thing. In theory, life in any dimension sufficiently different from our own would find everything about our dimension inhospitable. Imagine, if the specific values of the attractions between the quarks do not match; none of the basic chemical reactions that maintain flesh and bone will be working properly."
"You should gather as much photographic evidence as possible. No matter from another universe should persist long in this one."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 13:49, Mon 17 Oct 2022.
SSOGM
GM, 765 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Sat 15 Oct 2022
at 23:29
  • msg #181

Center City - The Harmon Building

Professor Undorf seems prescient as all the matter from the brontobear slowly dissolves into a sort of ash. The ash, itself, seems to evaporate into scintillation till, several hours after the bear's appearance, it has completely vanished.
JUSTICAR
player, 1002 posts
Teen Exo-Pilot MA15/PB14
HP39, SDC49 J:4-645 AR17
Sun 16 Oct 2022
at 17:31
  • msg #182

Center City - The Harmon Building

In reply to SSOGM (msg # 181):

When the bear corpse disintegrates into dust drones-alpha/ beta/ ceti/ and delta 'Karl'  specifically left behind recording; form up taking one last scan of the environs and then buzz off ~ fan thrusters whining in the direction the Paladin went... at a much slower rate.
This message was last edited by the player at 17:32, Sun 16 Oct 2022.
Chimp Man Z
player, 698 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP 101 SDC 343, CHI 40
Sun 16 Oct 2022
at 23:51
  • msg #183

Center City - The Harmon Building

What the hell?!  CMZ is taken aback by the disintegration of the oversized bear.  Well, I guess there is no option for scientific study.
Runa
player, 130 posts
HP 30, SDC 47
PB14, MA 18
Mon 17 Oct 2022
at 05:06
  • msg #184

Center City - The Harmon Building

Now that CMZ was on the ground, Runa walked over to him. "You did well," she says to him, praising his efforts during the battle. "Would that I had even half your agility,"

Idle chat was not in Runa's nature but she was making the effort this time for Lilibeth's sake. She hoped that by talking with Lilibeth's childhood friend, it would district her from her feelings over the bear's death.
SSOGM
GM, 766 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Sun 23 Oct 2022
at 07:15
  • msg #185

Center City - The Harmon Building

A day after the brontobear disintegrates, Hikari notices that his Quantum Pulse Particle Sensor when plotted along a temporal axis, have a somewhat sinusoidal aspect. It's as if each pulse is proceeded by a second pulse in an opposing field strength attenuated as if by distance. Further analysis shows a similar reading from the New York site. Triangulating the two sets of readings leads to a spot some two dozen miles off the coast. There are no islands in that vicinity on any map. Satellite imagery does, in fact, show an island at that location.
Chimp Man Z
player, 699 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP 101 SDC 343, CHI 40
Sun 23 Oct 2022
at 21:29
  • msg #186

Center City - The Harmon Building

Runa:
Now that CMZ was on the ground, Runa walked over to him. "You did well," she says to him, praising his efforts during the battle. "Would that I had even half your agility,"

Idle chat was not in Runa's nature but she was making the effort this time for Lilibeth's sake. She hoped that by talking with Lilibeth's childhood friend, it would district her from her feelings over the bear's death.

CMZ sighs.  Not as well as I have done in the past.  Had I been stronger, maybe this might not have been as protracted as it was.
He gives a wan smile.  Thanks, though.  My agility and dexterity are thanks to my mutation.  I kind of wish it worked for my reaction time, honestly.  He gives her a nod.  Good thinking on getting civilians out of the way.  That saves lives AND a PR nightmare.
Runa
player, 131 posts
HP 30, SDC 47
PB14, MA 18
Sun 23 Oct 2022
at 21:44
  • msg #187

Center City - The Harmon Building

Runa smiles at the mutant chimpanzee man. "Thank but shepherding people in times of danger is a duty of a priestess," she says. "It was my privilege to be here for the people of this city. I am glad that together, we were able to prevent harm from coming to any of them."

Deliberately putting a lighter tone into her voice, she asks CMZ, "What will you do now? Our comrades have scattered to the winds."
SSOGM
GM, 1234 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Tue 9 Jul 2024
at 00:22
  • msg #188

Center City - The Harmon Building


The Beginning of a New Era


The top four floors of the Harmon Building have been in mothballs for some time. Only the skills of TEACHER (the AI) have kept the place from falling into complete disrepair. Now, however, it is bustling. Emmanning Enterprises (a corporation formed from the remains of Emerson Electronics by Carter Manning and several international business concerns) is restoring the headquarters of the Crusaders to its former glory.
Of more interest are the advertisements. Every media outlet, both online and off, has reported/commented/spread the word that the Crusaders have vacancies to fill. Eric Forrest, new head of security for Emmanning Enterprises, waits for new prospects to show themselves and conduct prelinary interviews.
Primrose
Marissa Kingman, 4 posts
Thu 11 Jul 2024
at 17:33
  • msg #189

Center City - The Harmon Building

Primrose wasn't sure about this decision, although she tried to project an air of confidence as she walked into the Harmon building. This is what she wanted to do though. Becoming a Crusader was important to her. She had seen the advertisements about the Crusaders recruiting and so she made her way here to sign on with them, if she could.

Opening the door, Primrose had her costume and mask on, wanting to keep her identity a secret just in case she failed to join up with the Crusaders. Seeing a man standing in what she took to be the lobby, she made her way to him and smiled politely. "I'm here to join up with the Crusaders. Whom do I need to talk to about that?"
Enforcer
Spy Super NPC, 2 posts
Fri 12 Jul 2024
at 03:12
  • msg #190

Center City - The Harmon Building

Though he hadbn't been in the news, lately, Enforcer had plenty of ink when the Crusader's were keeping the city safe. Now he approaches Primrose and holds out a small RFID chip on an index card. "You look ok, take this and look through Crusader Citadel. If you have any questions, voice them aloud. TEACHER will respond."
"But this isn't a free tour, while you're looking around TEACHER will watch you, and may have her own questions."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:12, Fri 12 July.
TEACHER
Fri 12 Jul 2024
at 03:12
  • msg #191

Center City - The Harmon Building

A synthetic voice comes from a speaker on the wall, "'their', Enforcer. I identify as non-gendered."
From the wall speaker, TEACHER speaks again, "A large robot has landed on the roof, the operator has exited the robot and is attempting to access the elevator. Shall I instruct them to see you?"
This message was last edited by the GM at 00:36, Sat 13 July.
Enforcer
Spy Super NPC, 4 posts
Sat 13 Jul 2024
at 20:26
  • msg #192

Center City - The Harmon Building

With a nod to Primrose, Enforcer says, "I'll go to them, inform them I'm on my way."
Enforcer heads to the elevators and takes it all the way up.
TEACHER
Sun 14 Jul 2024
at 00:00
  • msg #193

Center City - The Harmon Building

In the elevator, TEACHER informs Enforcer that he's about to meet Andrea Reblu. "She has a service record showing an exemplary term with the air force, where she trained on computers till she convinced them to give her a shot at flying. After earning her wings she finished her term and began to fly civilian aircraft. Her latest employer was military supplier Beemthatoff. An article concerning their work on a 'revolutionary' combination of tank and fighter jet suggests the project is beginning limited field trials. That may be what she's here for."
Enforcer
Spy Super NPC, 5 posts
Sun 14 Jul 2024
at 00:05
  • msg #194

Center City - The Harmon Building

"That sounds promising. Unless we find some deal breaker we should give the robot a chance. Beemthatoff is liable to improve the design at no extra cost, if you know what I mean."
"I assume you're watching Primrose and will inform me of what you find."

The elevator stopped, and Enforcer stepped out to find...
Andrea Reblu
player, 1 post
Big Boy's
pilot
Sun 14 Jul 2024
at 00:05
  • msg #195

Center City - The Harmon Building

A relatively normal, uniformed woman awaiting him. She snapped to attention and saluted smartly, "Andrea Reblu reporting for duty, sir."
Enforcer
Spy Super NPC, 6 posts
Mon 15 Jul 2024
at 23:46
  • msg #196

Center City - The Harmon Building

Enforcer responds, "I didn't request any help. Why are you here?"
Andrea Reblu
player, 2 posts
Big Boy's
pilot
Mon 15 Jul 2024
at 23:48
  • msg #197

Center City - The Harmon Building

"Air force wanted a field test, I wanted out where I could really fly. This is their compromise. I've been ordered to join the Crusaders or the Sentinels or CCPD's LESP and give the armor a workout."
Sign In