RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Center City and Surrounding Environs

10:08, 22nd July 2024 (GMT+0)

How Much Trouble They Got In To.

Posted by SSOGMFor group 0
SSOGM
GM, 1035 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Thu 7 Sep 2023
at 12:07
  • msg #1

How Much Trouble They Got In To

On the back roads of Chinilaya, a wandering group of foreigners tries to find themselves, or at least a decent cup of coffee.
This message was last edited by the GM at 12:11, Thu 07 Sept 2023.
Chimp Man Z
player, 951 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP101/101,SDC343/336
Thu 7 Sep 2023
at 13:39
  • msg #2

How Much Trouble They Got In To


This is what CMZ has with him:
Clothing worn
3 more sets of sweats/tracksuits
Underwear and socks
3 spare pair of glove sneakers
Complete costume
Portable police scanner
Portable earbud radio/scrambler
100' nylon rope
4 pair of handcuffs
Badge and ID
passport
wallet
Daypack
Dufflebag
Pen flashlight and 2 sets spare batteries
Flashlight and 2 sets spare batteries
Binoculars
Digital voice recorder
Smartphone and quickcharger
First responder kit
Multitool Pocket knife (+3 Strike/+5 Parry, 1d4+9)
Pair of extendable batons (+4 Strike/+6 Parry, 2d4+9)
6 throwing knives (+3 Strike/+5 Parry/+4 Throw, 120', 1d6)
Issued S&W and five magazines
Mossad 4-way holster
Magazine pouch
bag of banana chips, dried apricots, apple chips, and dried dates
4 bottles of water

Paragon
player, 95 posts
Lucky Ducky MA 20 PB 25
SDC: 160 HP:35
Thu 7 Sep 2023
at 20:25
  • msg #3

How Much Trouble They Got In To

Paragon was occupied with making sure they didn't get snuck up on. She was only half listening to any conversation. "Should we be figuring out where we are going?"
Chimp Man Z
player, 955 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP101/101,SDC343/336
Fri 8 Sep 2023
at 15:57
  • msg #4

How Much Trouble They Got In To

Well, the sun rises in the East, and sets in the West, CMZ muses aloud.  But, I have no idea where we are in relation to any towns and cities here.  Frankly, I'd never heard of this place until recently.
Paragon
player, 99 posts
Lucky Ducky MA 20 PB 25
SDC: 160 HP:35
Sat 9 Sep 2023
at 02:28
  • msg #5

How Much Trouble They Got In To

Paragon thought things through. "Okay, Teddy Bear can your fleet of monkeys scavenge for food and water? Captain can you get some altitude and see if you can spot civilization? Drifter...I'm not really sure what you do, fill me in?"
SSOGM
GM, 1038 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Sat 9 Sep 2023
at 03:21
  • msg #6

How Much Trouble They Got In To

Oddly enough, there is a troupe of mantled howler monkeys peeking out from the trees at the edge of the road. It's obvious they're keeping their eyes on Chimp Man Z.
Chimp Man Z
player, 956 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP101/101,SDC343/336
Sat 9 Sep 2023
at 07:00
  • msg #7

How Much Trouble They Got In To

These are not my monkeys, he says spotting the howlers.  The ones I brought back are spider monkeys.  These are howlers.  But, perhaps they can help us find the nearest city.
SSOGM
GM, 1039 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Sat 9 Sep 2023
at 14:27
  • msg #8

How Much Trouble They Got In To

The troupe of Howlers chatter, then start moving through the trees on the edge of the road, to the east. They stop and screech back at the heroes if the heroes don't follow them.
Chimp Man Z
player, 957 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP101/101,SDC343/336
Sat 9 Sep 2023
at 17:02
  • msg #9

How Much Trouble They Got In To

Jacob smiles.  I guess we should follow them, he suggests as he begins to walk where they lead.
Paragon
player, 101 posts
Lucky Ducky MA 20 PB 25
SDC: 160 HP:35
Sat 9 Sep 2023
at 20:47
  • msg #10

How Much Trouble They Got In To

Paragon chuckled, "I gathered that. Okay Howler monkeys, lead the way." She followed as quickly as she was able.
Drifter
player, 61 posts
How may I be of service?
Tue 12 Sep 2023
at 05:15
  • msg #11

How Much Trouble They Got In To

Drifter walks along quietly, at first considering the use of his flight disks but theorizing that he didn't want to scare the potential customers, he walks.
It being his first time in the undeveloped section of this world, he had many questions. This time, he would think them through before he asked them.
SSOGM
GM, 1046 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Tue 12 Sep 2023
at 05:27
  • msg #12

How Much Trouble They Got In To

After walking for three hours in the humid sun through the tropical forest, none of the three look the least bit tired. It is undeniable that these are more than human individuals, and as they pass a few of the mestizo along the roads, they are receiving looks that suggest even these transients know that fact.
The village, when they reach it, is merely a collection of tropical housing (built above the flood plain on poles and under palm trees). Although many of the people point and some wave, there is no official greeting of any sort.
Chimp Man Z
player, 966 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP101/101,SDC343/336
Tue 12 Sep 2023
at 07:05
  • msg #13

How Much Trouble They Got In To

With a shrug, Jacob smiles and waves back.  He attempts some of the Spanish he has learned.  [Language unknown: Ivreet.  Thawi naic as mait?  Ovelartic ere m?]
This message was last edited by the player at 13:17, Tue 12 Sept 2023.
Drifter
player, 62 posts
How may I be of service?
Tue 12 Sep 2023
at 07:37
  • msg #14

How Much Trouble They Got In To

In reply to Chimp Man Z (msg # 13):

"what did you just say?"
This message was last edited by the GM at 11:49, Tue 12 Sept 2023.
Chimp Man Z
player, 967 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP101/101,SDC343/336
Tue 12 Sep 2023
at 13:19
  • msg #15

How Much Trouble They Got In To

He turns to Drifter.  I said, "Hello.  How are you all?  Where are we?"  He turns back to the waver and waits for a response.
Paragon
player, 105 posts
Lucky Ducky MA 20 PB 25
SDC: 160 HP:35
Tue 12 Sep 2023
at 14:11
  • msg #16

How Much Trouble They Got In To

Paragon smirked, "Yea man, don't you recognize Espanola?" When CMZ turned back to those who waved, she crossed her eyes as if to say, "Me Neither." She smirked and put a finger to her lips. She didn't want to make Jacob feel self-conscious.
Drifter
player, 63 posts
How may I be of service?
Tue 12 Sep 2023
at 14:45
  • msg #17

How Much Trouble They Got In To

In reply to Paragon (msg # 16):

"well yes I can read and write Spanish and a few other languages, so now I am totally confused and a little perplexed?

But then that is the way of the world is it not? law and astrophysics confuses me just as much"

SSOGM
GM, 1048 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Wed 13 Sep 2023
at 01:32
  • msg #18

How Much Trouble They Got In To

As they approached the village, the heroes noted an odd tower at the far end of the village. Almost immediately thereafter, they see a young boy waving at them from the side of one of the houses. [Language unknown: "Dinstisti, undck hatle he! Werurethi ousons'ouserarea daythired al butonsore itadri elno alit, laten."]
The houses look to have modern construction, but behind every one of them sits an outhouse. Except for the young boy, the other people in the small village act oblivious to the strangers.
This message was last edited by the GM at 05:20, Wed 13 Sept 2023.
Drifter
player, 64 posts
How may I be of service?
Wed 13 Sep 2023
at 02:29
  • msg #19

How Much Trouble They Got In To

"sorry to say this folks, but the young man over there seems to be very scared of something and wants us to go with him..."
Drifter begins to approach the fellow
 "well scared is perhaps a understating things a little, from what he seems to be radiating nervousness"
[Language unknown:
"Mi terterter ulat diie e tha no wi romkorlat?

Hou onlat m horea a nano ateromratnte ni onewilsom erpa maate atiyin'ounouspre a ecto llwa'mari?"
]

This message was last edited by the player at 06:46, Wed 13 Sept 2023.
SSOGM
GM, 1050 posts
Some Sort Of
Game Master
Wed 13 Sep 2023
at 05:26
  • msg #20

How Much Trouble They Got In To

The boy, who appears around ten years old, shakes his head indicating he doesn't want to talk. [Language unknown: "Sa fi necon chnde ic thinc witinewil annte avelo wasicawit, k werbutwhi haev pail ek oupewa estrne n."]
Chimp Man Z
player, 969 posts
Mutant Circus Freak
HP101/101,SDC343/336
Wed 13 Sep 2023
at 06:49
  • msg #21

How Much Trouble They Got In To

Jacob reaches out to grab Paragon's hand.  Not in a romantic way, but to get her to follow, as he does not feel he has time to translate.  It seems there will be need of that once they get inside.
He heads towards the back of the house.
Drifter
player, 65 posts
How may I be of service?
Wed 13 Sep 2023
at 06:59
  • msg #22

How Much Trouble They Got In To

In reply to SSOGM (msg # 20):

"OOOkay people is seems there is a watcher in this area, one that is not nice and the young man's mother has some pertinent information about the danger.  Shall we go meet her?

I for one am going to see her to get any intel I can and also get off the street and out of the view of prying eyes.


with this said Drifter starts to head off around the house towards the back.

"Anyone want to follow me or Chimp Man Z?"
This message was last edited by the player at 18:41, Wed 13 Sept 2023.
Sign In