Start here (Fighting Pits)   Posted by Lynk.Group: 0
Lynk
 GM, 3 posts
 We Jumpe so That
 Humanity can live.
Thu 7 Sep 2017
at 04:17
Start here (Midgard)
You open your eyes and the world begins to come into focus. You hear the thud of drums in the distance. The roar of the crowd, chanting and whistling calling out names and cheering. you roll over in your cell, you can see the old clay brink design of you cell walls, that cold rolled steal gate stands watch at the front of you cell. you stand and make your way to the bars. do so you get a better understanding of your dusty housing. off to you left you see a hall way that has more cells like yours on either side. there is a brisk breeze that tumbles through the corridor the smell of the early morning and animal waste catches you nose, you flinch at the sting of manure. "I can't think of a better way to start the day!" you hear a deep northern voice call out. " I saw them bring you all in last night, I hope that you like blood and fighting, this... this here is the Ludus fighting pits." the realization sets in, you could die soon, you don't remember how you got here, brought in by who? how? the large burly man continues "If you give the crowd a good should you may escape with your life." the large man clears his throat "well you can call me "V" my real name is too hard for most to pronounce so I'll spare you the pain. well enough from me, what is you names newcomers?

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:11, Sat 09 Sept 2017.

Gore
 player, 1 post
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 23:03
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 1):

Gore.
Lynk
 GM, 4 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 23:28
Start here (Midgard)
you look around and find that there isn't really a lot in your cell. there is straw in the corner and a wooden bucket to shit in. you are wearing what looks like to be a potato sac and wooden sandals.
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 1 post
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 23:42
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 1):

"Shite! Not again."  (muttering under her breath "Hoovard is going to be pissed I let my guard down again.")

She looks at the burly man with a cautious stare, appraising him and his words as she looks him up and down.  Rubbing the back of her head with her talons.

"Name's Charise, not that it matters."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:16, Sun 10 Sept 2017.

Lynk
 GM, 5 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 23:51
Start here (Midgard)
you hear heavy clade foot steps come down some unseen stairs. the murmur of voices fade into ear shot.
voice 1: "He said he wants the green skin, and the mutant in the pits next."
voice 2: "Well grab the shackles off the wall and we'll chain them together."

Vi looks at you, "sounds like your up next, good luck and may our paths cross again." you seen him give you a large ear to ear grin and his body fades in to thin air...as the door opens and you see two guards enter the cell block. both wearing chain mail with red tabards on the chest is embroidered a 3 headed dragon eating it's tail... one of them walks to the far side of the cell block and the sound of chains ring as he pulls some shackles off the wall, the there stands out side the cell of the orc.
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 2 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 00:03
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 5):

"Thank you. SÚ onr sverdar sitja hvass." She tilts her head as V disappears and thinks to herself "Well, that was curious."

She hisses as the guards come into view.  Her head is foggy and she can't feel the magic around her.  She can't summon anything at the moment, so out of pure instinct she crouches down, muscles tightening under her scaled hide, ready to attack.

The opponent is of little consequence right now. Prioritize.  It's a prisoner too... and currently isn't going to be as close as the guards.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:18, Sun 10 Sept 2017.

Gore
 player, 2 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 00:04
Start here (Midgard)
[used to being forced into fighting]
grunting "well let's go then"
Lynk
 GM, 7 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 00:24
Start here (Midgard)
"Alright green skin, face the wall." the 2nd guard demands.
as the other approached your cell.
as you turn to face the well you hear the cell lock click open.
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 3 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 00:32
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 8):

Her muscles unbunch as she feigns obedience, but then she spins and lunges, her arm lunging through the bars with precision, and attempts to pull the guard into the bars in an attempt to smash his head into them to at the very least cause a concussion.
Gore
 player, 3 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 00:48
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 8):

turns to face wall keeping quiet
Lynk
 GM, 8 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 02:00
Start here (Midgard)
(DM sighs)
 as the guard moves to unlock the cell and stand by, the small hands of the halfing reach around and with lightening speed, grab the guard and slam his head into the cell bars, knocking him clean out....cold...
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 4 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 03:13
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 11):

Feeling triumphant as her first foe goes down, the scaled half-beast doesn't hesitate.   She shoves the cell door open with ferocity and desperation(having already heard the lock click,) adrenalin coursing through her veins.  The need to survive beats in her chest.  A growl emanates from her just before she lunges as the second guard.

[ If she makes it to him? ...] Charise bit down hard on his neck, legs wrapped around his waist so he wouldn't be able to push her off and for leverage.  Her talons on her hands digging into his skull as she clutched his head.  She gave one firm twist, snapping his neck, thereby ending the anguished screams that had begun to turn into sputters as the blood flowed from his lips and the wound in his throat.

She spat out a mouthful of blood as she jumped back from the body that was going limp.  She wiped the back of her mouth while eyeing the other being cautiously that was chained up only a few feet away.  Gods! She hated the taste of raw blood!  It hadn't tried anything while she fought off the guards.  She wondered if she should offer to unchain him (?)  Gore she thinks she heard it tell the other prisoner its name was.

[ edited for spelling. ]

This message was last edited by the player at 05:54, Sun 10 Sept 2017.

Gore
 player, 4 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 03:19
Start here (Midgard)
Turning around hearing all the comotion. seeing two assumed dead gaurds and a ferocious looking woman. staying calm "Gore like you" holds up chained hands.
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 5 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 04:25
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Gore (msg # 13):

Amused, she tried not to smile too much at the compliment.  As it happened, most people found her broad smile intimidating if they didn't know her.

She didn't dare try her fire powers on the chains with her head as muddled as it was.

She checked the guards for keys and came up triumphant.  She let out of soft chortle of delight, similar to that of a ferret's or squirrel's.  She turned around and looked at the giant being, holding up a key.  "Promise not to squish me, if I let you free?"
Lynk
 GM, 9 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 05:25
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Charise Maelstorm (msg # 14):

You make your attack roll, and immobilized the 2nd guard, with a satisfying pop you separate two vertibre in his neck, he lie bleeding slowly on the floor, not entirely dead yet, as you off the key to Gore.
Gore
 player, 5 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 08:12
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Charise
"gore promise no smash"
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 6 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 14:57
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Gore (msg # 16):

Charise gives a small nod to Gore and steps forward.

As the reptilian like creature is unlocking the cuffs (talons having a bit of a hard time with the rounded edge of the keys, but she manages) she says quietly, almost to herself, while giving a look up and down the hall for safety, "I wonder where our cell mate V went to?"

As the cuffs fall away, "There you go."  She steps back and rubs her chin in thought?  "Any idea on which way to go? I'd opt for the one that gives us our best chance at freedom if you please."   Sadly, her sense of smell was unrefined so she couldn't smell which way smelled of less blood.  Though she supposed around here, it probably permeated the air to anyone unlucky enough to be that adept.
Lynk
 GM, 10 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 15:31
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Charise Maelstorm (msg # 17):

*CHARISE* as you look around you see that there is another man in the cell on the other side of Gore. its is an elf....
Lynk
 GM, 11 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 15:52
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 18):

 and a half giant bound but large metal chains..
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 7 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 16:51
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 18):

Her skin is crawling and she just wants to get out of there.  Her Mentor would have insisted on self coming first.  She had noticed a couple other prisoners though.  She let out a sigh.  Her instincts said to help them.  Hoovard be stubbed!  It's not like she had clutchmates to look after.  She listened and didn't hear the approach of any other guards at the moment.

The elf had said something and she replied "Indeed" to it.

"Gore, would you be so kind as to set our larger friend over there free?"

She took the keys over to the elf's cell and tried various ones, until it clicked unlocked.

Her skin was prickling.  Something wasn't right.  Someone here in these cells wished them harm and she wanted to get away soon.  Away from the bloodlust and hatred.  It rolled off of them like a sickening vile entity of its own force.  Corrupted maybe?  She didn't care other than she didn't want anything to do with it.  It was bad enough she had been so careless as to let herself get captured.
Lynk
 GM, 12 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 17:04
Start here (Midgard)
"Damn it Carl, you had one job!" you hear an angry voice call out, "You best be bathing or whoring yourself to those slaves, so help me.." as you hear the door at the far end of that hall start to open. Gore hustles to the Half giants cell and with great strength pulls the cell door free, and the carefully wake the sleeping giant...
Ivan Frost-horn
 player, 1 post
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 19:33
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 18):

Ivan stands and walks slowly to the cell bars, resting his arms half out of the bars and watches the gore from the fight with little to no reaction on his face.  When it was finished and the escaped prisoner was heading over to free the one called Gore. "Charise is it? May I implore you to set myself free also, I do believe that the more help you have will indeed increase our chances of a successful escape." Giving a slight polite smile when he finished speaking.

This message was last updated by the player at 19:39, Sun 10 Sept 2017.

Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 1 post
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 20:13
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 21):

Torog sits quietly in his cell, "sack cloth clothes again, reminds me of my days as a pup" he says under his breathe, taking in the feeling of the room. He stands up and rolls his shoulders and turns toward the cell door using his senses to position himself in the center of the floor of his cell. He turns his head in the direction of the noises he is hearing and calls out to the group to free him as well. His fore sight ability is clouded from hunger but he has a faint feeling that his premonitions of adventure and fame begin here. "I am a seer, an oracle, I am capable of healing and the miracle of fore sight. I could be of great use to a group such as yourselves!" He shouts.
Lynk
 GM, 20 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 20:28
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 1):

at the sound of the word "oracle" everyone in ear shot stops....faces the young man in the cell across the hall...the door swings open and 3 men stand in the glow of the out side...two simple guards on either side and in the middle of the two stands a heavy armored man in full plate..
Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 2 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 20:40
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 24):

"I sense you there. Come closer and allow a blind man to know the name of his captor?" Torog whimpers.
Ivan Frost-horn
 player, 2 posts
 Revenge is bitter whether
 warm or cold.
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 20:45
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 21):

As the cell door swings inward Ivan gave a quick bow to Charise. "Many thanks and I vow to repay you at a later day." Then quickly and silently he moves to the unconscious guards, and removes their belts. "Know we have at least two make shift weapons." said to all but none in particular. Standing again his head swings toward the door at the end of the hall. As he starts to sprint toward the door with his new acquired weapons making almost no sound as he moved, he called back "Free the others we may need their assistance in the quite near future."

As he reached the end of the hall the door swung open to a guard who was still swearing and complaining about the other guard. As the guard looked up his face went white, he did not expect a tall Elf to be right in front of him. In two quick motions Ivan smashed the guard in his solar plexus and as he bent forward wrapped the belt around his neck and pulled tight. Already gasping for air and not able to bring any in the guard dropped lifeless in less than a minuet. Kicking at the second guard while releasing the belt Ivan made a few backward flips and put some distance between him and the second guard and the armored man. Reading the second belt for the new confrontation.
Lynk
 GM, 21 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 20:57
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Ivan Frost-horn (msg # 26):

the armored man falls to the floor, unknown if he is alive or not... other two guards place their hands in the air and slowly back away. As the two short swords fall from the guards hands, Charise already has the cell door unlocked to the bland mans cell.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:24, Sun 10 Sept 2017.

Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 3 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 22:10
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 27):

"Ah free again, just as the fates predicted. I assume that you are the one with green skin and from the sound of your breathing you are reptilian in likeness. Quite the interesting sort." Torog says moving through the door to the cell. "Now shall we be making for the door?" as torog speaks these words he focuses and attempts to draw the strength to detect magic and also the way out.
Lynk
 GM, 23 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 22:18
Start here (Midgard)
the others see the blind man suddenly grab his head and wince, as if a sharp pain just pulsed through him.
Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 4 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 22:35
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 29):

"Gahhh, damn the nine hells. Too weak... We may need to do this by the more physical means." Torog says as he wipes a small trail of blood from his nose. He concentrates through the headache to try and sense Ivan at a minimum and use his motion to tag along. Torog looks to Charise and Gore, "Anyone know the way out?"
Lynk
 GM, 24 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 22:52
Start here (Midgard)
the door way leading out stand wide open, with the exception on the plated warrior lying in the path, and the two short swords behind him. you hear a wild rush of Cheering "Vul-vo-mod!" the crowd chants the name of a champion, calling him, summoning him to display his raw power in the pits..."Vul-vo-mod!" again they call louder and louder yet. "Vul-vo-mod!" and from the far back of the cell block you see the hulk of a man rise.
    Slowly he moves out of the cell and walk down the hall, the chanting getting louder. with a sharp jolt of the Half giant's foot the plated warrior was thrown to the side of the hall. The sound of Bones cracking and the faint grunt of a dying man, finished with the thud to the ground the body went. The beast in nothing but a cloth stood in the archway of the door bent over grabbed the two swords and with his deep booming voice spoke "Well these tooth pick will have to do..."
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 8 posts
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 09:28
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Torog Bjeltimr (msg # 30):

Charise looks to Torog "Down that way was a hall and I felt a breeze, but it was blocked by a gate with thicker bars than the cells. The keys didn't work."

She looked in the direction that that half Giant went with a concerned look on her face, "I think that is our only way out."  (a beat)  "In this together? ... I think he's our best chance, and us his."
Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 5 posts
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 22:02
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Charise Maelstorm (msg # 32):

"If it means that I no longer must suffer in a cell then lead me to the ends of the world if you must. My powers are yours Charise." Replies torog in a friendly tone. He adjusts his itchy clothing and takes Charise by the shoulder. "I will require assistance to get out though. Please, lead on."
Gore
 player, 7 posts
Mon 11 Sep 2017
at 22:17
Start here (Midgard)
"Gore follow person that set him free and help where he can".
Ivan Frost-horn
 player, 3 posts
 Revenge is bitter whether
 warm or cold.
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 00:20
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Charise Maelstorm (msg # 32):

Looking back at Charise "Indeed I believe you are correct, that direction seems to be our only way to freedom. I am ready when all of thee are." Looking back toward the large man in the doorway with the two swords, "That is if you are a friend for now, or are we to gain our escape through thou?"
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 9 posts
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 00:50
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Torog Bjeltimr (msg # 33), to Gore (msg # 34), Ivan Frost-horn (msg # 35):

As the Oracle touches her, she shivers.  For one, not being used to being touched; but two and mostly, she felt his energy and every nuance of his character.  It was unsettling knowing someone so well in an instant.  (True,she didn't feel memories, nor could hear thoughts in that instant, but it was still enough.)  "I thank you then for your service Mister."  She put her taloned hand lightly on his in hopes of being reassuring.  (Or trying to reassure herself... she wasn't sure.)

She felt her head clearing a bit as the Oracle's touch lingered.

"I suggest you all grab what you can for weapons.  Anyone strong enough should grab either the broken chains, or even that broken door there.  Even you Gore."  She wrinkled her nose in clear disgust.  "Even the filth buckets could be used against our captors."

She waited until all had made a decision on what they would use, even if it was their bare fists.  She was testing her magic.  She didn't have her staff to focus her powers, but what she could do was enough to assist her current brethren.

Seeings as some how most were looking to her now for some reason for decisions she decided to give them some encouragement.  She had never been a leader before, so she wasn't used to making speeches.  "All together now, and we shall win our freedom!  Atra esternÝ ono thelduin, May good fortune rule over you."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:53, Tue 12 Sept 2017.

Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 6 posts
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 00:57
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Charise Maelstorm (msg # 36):

"To the ends of time! Onward comrades! The fortunes are in our favour!" Torog grunts as he leans in preparing for the sudden surge of motion.
Lynk
 GM, 25 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 22:53
Start here (Midgard)
The half giant looks over if shoulder and  with a lateral toss, sends a short sword to the elf standing by him. And in his booming voice specks "hope you know your way around that, Ivan. Once we breach the outer gate to the area, ypur magic will work. Charise if you can handle the large wooden gate it will lead us out of this place. I have some friends that can help us out...and if I don't make it out may the we meet again in the golden fields of Valhalla." And with a roar he shouts" co.e on you ape, ypu want to live forever!!!" And runs off into the area.
Ivan Frost-horn
 player, 4 posts
 Revenge is bitter whether
 warm or cold.
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 02:18
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 38):

Catching the sword by the hilt and testing its balance, Ivan gave a quick glance toward the half giant. "It is not as good as my spear, but I shall make do with it. Many thanks." Wrapping the belt around his waist just as Lynk started to run for the gate, Ivan started to run after the half giant opening his senses and reading for the upcoming battle.
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 10 posts
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 21:41
Start here (Midgard)


As Charise approached the broken gate she asked Torog to wait back a moment and gently removed his hand from her shoulder.  Doing a short leap into the air, and pinpointing her weight in the middle of it, she broke it in half lengthwise.  She picked it up intending to use it as a shield.  She eyed the other half and said quietly to the inanimate object, "I'll be seeing you soon."  She stepped back to Torog, "Okay, I'm ready."  When his hand was on her shoulder she hurried into the arena after the half giant.

While waiting for the info to enter her head of what they were facing, she tested her magic and seen if she could at least put a protective field around her and Torog.

...
Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 7 posts
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 22:48
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Charise Maelstorm (msg # 40):
While Charise was leaping, torog took a moment to breath fresh air. Taking in the moment and focusing. Feeling refreshed he opens his mind. Expanding the boundaries of his thoughts outward like a sonar pulse. Allowing the unimaginable amount of lore to flow. He uses this knowledge to find the area the party is in and to get an estimate on the danger that we all may be in.

Apon her return he takes her shoulder and shares the information from his premonision with her. And prepares a healing spell for when combat begins. "I am ready for what may come of this. But from the images I am seeing in these premonissions we shall be safe." Torog says reassuredly.
Lynk
 GM, 26 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 19:52
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Torog Bjeltimr (msg # 41):

AS the party rushes I to the area the sun blinding a moment and slowly returning the finer details lost by the brightness...the  sand is crystal white, with the random splotchy of blood from the previous bout. There are 4 large standing columns each with their own set of chains and shackles. The northern most one displaying it's years of service to the area via weapon markings, blood stains, and splinters. Bolted to the battle monument was a man *enters surtur,* and the area floor littered with bodies
Surtur
 player, 1 post
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 05:08
Start here (Midgard)
"Ah!" Surtur says turning to facing the strange group. "You think numbers will bet me you're meat! Just lambs being led to slaughter..." Surtur looks towards the half-giant. "Ha ha! Now there's a foe worth fighting! Well if this is it then Come at me lets give this crowd a show!" With arms outstretched blades in hand he slowly  approaches.
Vulvomod
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 23:14
Start here (Midgard)
Vulvomod rushes in" haha I love you fighting spirit, but it is not us you are to fight for this battle me need you free."
Lynk
 GM, 27 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 17:30
Start here (Midgard)
Vulvomod motions for someone to set Surtur free from the post and from behind the newly formed party the gate slams shut.. and the ground begins to rattle and shack. Beneath your feet you all see the sand begin to cave inward. As to large doors slide open. Then the sound rolls out from the black depth of the opening pit. A deep growl.
Vulvomod
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 17:32
Start here (Midgard)
"Hurry free the man!" the half giant yells as he readies he sword.
Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 8 posts
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 00:17
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Vulvomod (msg # 46):

"IVAN YOU ARE THE MOST AGILE! QUICKLY FREE THE CHAINED ONE! SOMETHING LARGE AND FOUL APPROACHES!" Torog yells in a directive tone. Quickly apologizing to Charise for screaming in her ears.
He drops his healing spell and begins focusing on the energy of the creature in the pit. Attempting to understand its intentions...

This message was last edited by the player at 00:18, Sun 17 Sept 2017.

Ivan Frost-horn
 player, 5 posts
 Revenge is bitter whether
 warm or cold.
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 03:33
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Torog Bjeltimr (msg # 47):

Giving a quick nod Ivan makes for the chained man. keeping light on his feet and on full alert, he crosses the distance in little time. "Surely I don't know you and wish not to fight you at this time. With some help you can give me a boost up and I will break the chain that holds you." looking from the man to the eyelet in the post above them.
Lynk
 GM, 28 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 11:45
Start here (Midgard)
The group d begins to tremble as if a stamped has formed... only to reveal the head of a fire giant, with a 2nd in tow. The large beasts spin their larges blades in a cyclone patterns and they begin their attack, as one heads for the their half blood rival as to them he is the only threat. The other stop to survey the battle, sees an easy target and thurs his way over to Ivan and Surtur.
Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 9 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 15:06
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 49):

As the giants begin approaching Ivan and Surtur, Torog reaches out with his mind. Taking hold of the thoughts and memories of the fire giant. (Torog is going to use his brain drain ability) he then begins tearing the fire giants memories and knowledge out. Painfully... like firey nails of psychic energy they grade the fire giants mind. (Fire Giant takes 5d4 physical damage and -3 int.)
Surtur
 player, 2 posts
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 02:35
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Ivan Frost-horn (msg # 48):
"Here." Surtur gives the man a boost. "However you might want to hurry."
Surtur looks at the direction of the giants. "Looks like I get to have fun after all." Surtur says while smiling.
Gore
 player, 8 posts
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 19:33
Start here (Midgard)
As Gore sees the fire giant heading away from him going towards the chained man he goes into an animalistic rage and charges at the fire giant lunging and tackling the back of the giants knee and going for a bite at his Achilles( rage powers of animal fury giving bite attack and rage power energy resist fire)
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 11 posts
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 20:24
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 49):

Seeing the fire giant heading their way, Charise concentrates and sends her thoughts out to the other half of the wooden gate that got left behind. She breaks it apart telepathically and sends some wooden shards at the fire giant's face, aiming one such shard specifically at its eye.  (There is enough wood left back at the entrance for two more such attacks.)

She had wanted to attack the weapon wielding one first, but that all changed when the other one came stampeding towards her small group.
Lynk
 GM, 29 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 21:48
Start here (Midgard)
Vulvomod, being wrapped in battle with one of the fire giants. As the party behind the attack on the 2nd fire giant. Just before the giant reaches surtur and Ivan, Gore lunges at it's leg and it stumbles and grabs it's head trying to fend off the mental barrage and still defend itself he lands hard on one knee, as the ground shacks the wood splinters land a critical blow to the right side of it's face badly wounding its eye. The giant let's out a blood boiling yell and the spectators roar with excitment.
Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 10 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 01:48
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 54):

After draining the mind of the fire giant Torog takes on part of its personatlity temporarily. Believing he is larger and stronger, becoming loud and boisterous. "If you try to hurt my friends again I'll destroy the rest of your bleedin head with me bare hanns you stupid git! I'm TOROG! THE BLIND SEER! I KNEW YOU WERE DEAD BEFORE YOU EVEN WALKED OUT!" He booms in the direction of the injured Fire Giant.
Lynk
 GM, 30 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 02:04
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Torog Bjeltimr (msg # 55):

The fire giant struggles to stand, only to fall over prone...just in time, for surtur to fall free of his chains.
Ivan Frost-horn
 player, 6 posts
 Revenge is bitter whether
 warm or cold.
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 04:03
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Surtur (msg # 51):

Being lifted up was enough for Ivan to grab the chains and pull himself up the pole to the eyelet. Looking down, "Be ready for their attack!" Taking hold of the pole with one arm and his legs, Ivan starts to work on the chain clasp on the eyelet with the sword. Feeling as if time was standing still and keeping only half his attention on the fight around him. Clank after clank Ivan beat on the chain, after gouging a chunk of the chain. "Now! Pull now it is weekend!" As the chained man pulled the link broke, just as the fire giant fell for the second time.

Jumping down and expecting the sword Ivan noticed a break in the blade. Casting it aside he picked up another from a fallen soldier and readied for the next battle.
Surtur
 player, 3 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 18:50
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 56):

Surtur now free of his bonds rushed forward taking the chains with him. He then throws the chain around the prone fire-giant's neck.(raging) he says. "I never snapped a giant's neck before today is truly a day of days!" Twisting and pulling with all his might he brings the giant to the pole that held him using it as extra leverage. With a loud savage crunch the fire-gaint goes limp. "Ah ha ha now this is what I'm talking about! Let's do it again!" He says scanning for the other fire-giant. "There you are..." Pulling the chains free from the fire-giant's neck he makes a B-line for the other.
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 12 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 21:05
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Surtur (msg # 58):

"I hate to ruin your fun," she pinched her taloned forefinger and thumb together, pausing in her sentence for a brief moment to concentrate; an artery rupturing in the other foe's brain, "but I want to get out of here," she stated matter-of-factly, giving the falling giant one last glance as she places a gentle hand on Torag's shoulder. She then starts to walk around the big pit in the center of he arena to head for a bronze door she spotted earlier.  She sighed lightly and said so softly that probably only Torog could hear, "I hope we have no other surprises."

Wanting to get out of there sooner rather than later, she took the opportunity to send another shard of the old door through the skull of the next foe. Hopefully providing distraction enough for the untethered being to finish it off.  She only kept her eye on the scene enough for her safety, but mostly averted her gaze from the barbaric butchering.

Charise places a gentle hand on Torag's shoulder. She then starts to walk around the big pit in the center of he arena to head for a bronze door she spotted earlier.  She sighed lightly and said so softly that probably only Torog could hear, "I hope we have no other surprises."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:55, Sun 24 Sept 2017.

Torog Bjeltimr
 player, 11 posts
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 03:51
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Charise Maelstorm (msg # 59):

Coming out of his trance, torog looks to charise and replies "I have a feeling with this group surprises are the only thing we will run into... but in terms of the here/now no I don't see anything in the near future that will be of great detrement."
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 13 posts
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 04:58
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Torog Bjeltimr (msg # 60):

She half huffs, half snorts in reply to Torag. Half in friendly acknowledgement, and half in amusement.  "Indeed.  Fair enough, that is."
Surtur
 player, 4 posts
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 19:06
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Charise Maelstorm (msg # 59):

Drawing his daggers and increasing his pace Surtur wraps the chains around his forearms. Surtur then lounges toward the fire-giant, who is now on one knee howling in pain holding its head after taking the blow from what looks like the remains of a door the fire-giant looks up just as Surtur leaps. With a booming roar Surtur arms extended straight out turning himself into a spear stabs the giant in eye and explodes through the back of its skull. Surtur lands on his side rolling wincing from the pain a little the after taking a moment to gather himself Surtur raises his arms a lets out another roar as the crowd goes insane.
Lynk
 GM, 31 posts
 We dive so that
 humanity survives
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 14:44
Start here (Midgard)
With both of the giants down the crowd roars In excitement. You hear chanting, the Lord in his thorn raises a hand and the ground begins to rumble again.
Vulvomod
 NPC, 3 posts
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 14:51
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Lynk (msg # 63):

"Charise the gate!" Vulvomod voice thunders across the arena and he points to a tall wooden gate crossed with two large chains and a thick oak plank. "Burn the gate!"
Charise Maelstorm
 player, 14 posts
Fri 3 Nov 2017
at 22:56
Start here (Midgard)
In reply to Vulvomod (msg # 64):

Charise summoned the information to her mind, not quite at ease without her staff for these targeted spells.  The images of the moves flitting behind her eyes, her hand only showing slight hints of movements.  It only took partial seconds before she was ready, but to her, it took too long rehearsing it.

"Sein-en feuago!" she breathed out, focus intent on the gate beyond, hand gestures looking closer to a wheeling martial arts block, then ending in a chi push.

It was a good thing she didn't include "the" in the spell, or they'd all have been trapped by a wall of fire.  That was a lesson she made a point to try and remember. She smiled to herself as the gate was eaten by the flames.