Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort.   Posted by Dungeonmaster.Group: 0
Argon
 player, 111 posts
 Fighter 2
 AC-1 | 15/15HP
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 09:33
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort

Crossing the threshold of the door Argon looks to see if they are alone in the next room.

-
Maksim Munzuk
 Maksim Munzuk, 6 posts
 Gnome Ranger
 AC: 13, HP: 6/6
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 14:41
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Maksim followed Argon to the door. As the big man moved into the room beyond the gnome took up a strategic position at the door covering Argon's movements with his bow.
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 234 posts
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 16:59
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Elaborately carved columns parade down the center of this marble-paved hall. The walls extend for 10 feet before slanting southeast. Your torchlight does not illuminate it all the way to the other end, so you are unsure how far it extends, but it appears to be 30 feet wide along its length.

In the center of this room is a badly damaged stone statue, which appears to have originally depicted a man carrying a large spear with the point angled downwards. The upper parts of the statue have been smashed, and fragments of marble litter the floor nearby, but the man seems very similar to the one depicted on the door. At the base of the ruined statue is a large wooden chest.
Argon
 player, 112 posts
 Fighter 2
 AC-1 | 15/15HP
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 19:57
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort

Argon will walk the walls of the chamber to get an idea of its size. He will keep and eye out for anything out of the ordinary in the wall surface.

He will the join the others at the chest.


-
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 235 posts
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 02:25
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
As Argon walks around the room, he finds it is shaped like a rectangle over 60 feet long with bent ends. The far end of the room faces due south and two stout oak doors are set in the center of the southern wall. The stonework on the walls features knotwork similar to that seen on the doors the party entered through.

Game map updated
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 236 posts
Sat 16 Mar 2019
at 14:40
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Phelan walks up near the statue and stands about five feet away, considering the statue and chest with her chin in her hand.


I'll resolve what happens when Phelan goes after the chest on Wednesday. Everyone has until then to post.
Argon
 player, 113 posts
 Fighter 2
 AC-1 | 15/15HP
Sat 16 Mar 2019
at 19:45
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort

Once he had done his circuit Argon went to look at the statue. When Phelan approached he took a step back to give him room.


-
Maksim Munzuk
 Maksim Munzuk, 7 posts
 Gnome Ranger
 AC: 13, HP: 6/6
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 00:22
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Following the rest of the group into the room, Maksim moved to the diagonal wall directly across from the door. Keeping about 15 feet between himself and the chest, the gnome kept his bow ready incase it is needed.
Wyrran Galaeth
 player, 60 posts
 Elf Magic-User
 hp 7/8, AC 11
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 14:39
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Wyrran senses the reluctance in the companions movements and steps forward, calling a very basic incantation to help the exploration. He wiggles the fingers of his right hand slightly and then stares at the chest, the statue and scanning eventually all the room and the next doorway.
Cast Detect magic
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 237 posts
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 15:22
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Wyrran does not detect any magic.

Phelan examines the statue, approaching it carefully and taking her time. She stands for a bit to the statue's right with her hands on her hips, then with her chin in her hand. She takes off her pack, rummages in it, removes a long, thin spike and carefully inserts it into a crack along the "ribs" of the warrior. Then she walks to the chest, examines the lock carefully and opens the chest. With a smile, she says, "Looks like we have some more treasure to carry! Good thin I noticed there's some blood from that spear trap, the dark wood almost his the stains."

She rummages through the chest, which contains:

275 ep
A rosy pink rhodochrosite worth 10gp
A sardonyx worth 50gp
A translucent, high-quality tourmaline worth 100gp
A sack she estimates holds about 700 cp. The coins have been stuck together is a single lump by corrosion, but should still be usable as currency once they're cleaned.
Argon
 player, 114 posts
 Fighter 2
 AC-1 | 15/15HP
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 19:53
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort

Argon helps divide up the treasure into loads for everyone to carry. "Lets leave the cooper coins here and we can get them on the way out if we feel inclined."

He then goes and takes another look at the double doors that lead out of the room.


-
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 238 posts
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 14:51
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Argon finds that the doors are blank on this side, with no carvings and simple door handles made from turned from wood. He recalls that the set of doors on the other end was blank on the room side as well.

Everybody who wants to post has until Monday, I'll have Phelan check the door then and we'll move on.
Maksim Munzuk
 Maksim Munzuk, 8 posts
 Gnome Ranger
 AC: 13, HP: 6/6
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 20:13
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Following his recent pattern, Maksim takes up position 15 feet back from the next set of doors. Bow readied incase of surprises on the other side of the doorway.
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 239 posts
Mon 25 Mar 2019
at 18:48
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Phelan approaches the door quietly and goes through much the same routine as she did at the other end of the room, minus the tapping on the floor. She then nods at the rest of the party and opens the door carefully. There is a squeak from the ancient hinges, and you can see a corridor. It goes south for just 30 feet before ending in a pair of double doors. The torchlight doesn't quite illuminate the doors enough for you to be completely sure, but it looks as if there are carvings on them very similar to the ones you saw on the entrance to this room.
Argon
 player, 116 posts
 Fighter 2
 AC-1 | 15/15HP
Mon 25 Mar 2019
at 20:43
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort

Argon walks the corridor and take another look at the doors before letting the rouge do her thing and check for anything that might end their adventure early.

OOC: 50% percent chance of getting it right.



-

This message was last edited by the player at 22:06, Mon 25 Mar.

Dungeonmaster
 GM, 241 posts
Mon 25 Mar 2019
at 21:23
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Having moved closer, Argon does see that the carvings on the door are identical.

Just a note...Phelan the rogue is a woman.
Argon
 player, 117 posts
 Fighter 2
 AC-1 | 15/15HP
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 22:34
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort

Again Argon move out of the way so the door can be checked before opening it and looking through. Should the way be clear he will step beyond into the new space.


-
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 243 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 13:17
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Phelan does her work again and finds no traps. She opens the door carefully.

The room beyond is 50 feet by 50 feet, and is shaped like a fattened cross. A heavy, long table and ornate chairs, badly deteriorated, occupy the center of the room. Discolored patches on the wall seem to indicate that many paintings once hung there. Sets of double doors exit to the east, south and west.
Wyrran Galaeth
 player, 62 posts
 Elf Magic-User
 hp 7/8, AC 11
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 15:08
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Wyrran takes his place again within the group as they are ready to explore the next area. He hopes that his detect magic spell will last a little bit more, to provide a subtle elucidation on the situation ahead, arcane-wise.
Maksim Munzuk
 Maksim Munzuk, 10 posts
 Gnome Ranger
 AC: 13, HP: 6/6
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 15:35
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Maksim followed the others through the door into the new large room. Moving along the righthand wall to the first corner, the gnome took up a position to see and cover the whole room.
Argon
 player, 118 posts
 Fighter 2
 AC-1 | 15/15HP
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 19:53
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort

Argon goes and checks the table though even from this distance it was probably a forlorn hope.

He indicates the West door and goes and has a look once he is finished with the table.


-
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 254 posts
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 20:07
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Argon finds that the table is sturdy even now, but is quite ordinary.

OOC: Holding off on any other description until others have acted.
Smiles
 Smile, 15 posts
 Lvl 2 Human Cleric
 AC: 12 | HP: 8/11
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 23:38
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
Smiles had been quiet, nursing the slice the orc had given her.  It had just stopped bleeding.  She hadn't wanted to use a blessing upon herself as there might be greater need than hers later.

She stepped into the room and leaned back against the wall while the others looked around the room.  How long had they even been in this place?
Glanduil Ulazana
 player, 34 posts
 Level 2 Elf Fighter/MU
 HP 6/6 AC 15
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 09:03
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
In reply to Smiles (msg # 420):

Glanduil stepped into the room after the others, taking a cursory glance behind them to make sure they weren't being followed.

Upon seeing Smiles nursing her wound, he smiled grimly, "Are you alright?" he asked.

He noticed the discolored places on the walls and started to examine them for levers or displaced bricks that may be attached to any secret doorways.

OOC: Glanduil Ulazana rolled 2 using 1d6.  Detect secret doors.
Smiles
 Smile, 18 posts
 Lvl 2 Human Cleric
 AC: 12 | HP: 8/11
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 12:14
Re: Chapter 1: The Road to Morgansfort
"I'll be all right," Smiles replied to the elf.  "It isn't very deep."