OOC.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 383 posts
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 23:15
Re: OOC
It looks like we lost Hurl. :(

Would you all prefer that we (1) find another player to take over Hurl, (2) find another player to join with a new character, or (3) forge on with the five of you? Any of the options will work for me, so it's up to you what we do.

Let me know as soon as possible what you prefer so that we can get moving again.
Story Ilyanore
 player, 310 posts
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 23:50
Re: OOC
I think we still have a pretty good composition. Let's just go forward with 5?
Talora Fisher
 player, 255 posts
 Tempest Cleric of Procan
 HP 19 AC 18
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 03:14
Re: OOC
Between Shana, Balthasar and I, we should be okay in terms of meat shields (not great, but okay).

Only option I wouldn't care for is number one...let a new player play a new character.  Either two or three for me.
Shana
 player, 405 posts
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 03:48
Re: OOC
Yeah, I'm fine with any of the three, honestly.

On buying the map, it's 5e. There's nothing to spend money on, may as well.
Ariana Evenwood
 player, 304 posts
 AC 12 HP 14/14
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 06:40
Re: OOC
I'm fine with all three as well.
Balthasar
 player, 191 posts
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 23:49
Re: OOC
Unless there's a need for six characters for some reason, I say we stick with the five we have.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 385 posts
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 18:36
Re: OOC
Okay. We'll continue with the five of you.

You will not be able to use the Blue Nixie. Let me know once you decide on how to get to Kraken's Cove. I gather you are going to go by sea, but are you going to take a rowboat or rent a ride with someone else?
Story Ilyanore
 player, 312 posts
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 18:48
Re: OOC
I don't think we need to involve anyone else, I vote 'rowboat'.
Ariana Evenwood
 player, 306 posts
 AC 12 HP 14/14
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 18:59
Re: OOC
OOC I vote rowboat. Ariana IC will go along with the majority.
Talora Fisher
 player, 257 posts
 Tempest Cleric of Procan
 HP 19 AC 18
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 20:29
Re: OOC
Welp, we're going to need to buy a boat eventually then.

In the meantime is there any way I could use my sailor knowhow to find us a reliable ferryman?  Because if there isn't, let's just take a rowboat.
Balthasar
 player, 193 posts
Sat 21 Sep 2019
at 19:11
Re: OOC
A rowboat is fine with me. I can pay for it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 386 posts
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 17:23
Re: OOC
Hurl is back!!!

Talora can find a reliable ferryman, but, due to the nature of the destination, they will charge 8 gold pieces per passenger. If you want them to wait for you until you are ready to return, they will charge an additional 10 gold pieces per day. Reaching Kraken's Cove in this way will take one day. In a rowboat, it will take 40 hours of rowing.
Ariana Evenwood
 player, 307 posts
 AC 12 HP 14/14
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 17:41
Re: OOC
Yay!
Talora Fisher
 player, 258 posts
 Tempest Cleric of Procan
 HP 19 AC 18
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 19:28
Re: OOC
Huzzah for Hurl!

I'd say the rowboat at this point.  Just because there's not a ton to spend Gold on in 5e doesn't mean we should be wasteful.
Ariana Evenwood
 player, 308 posts
 AC 12 HP 14/14
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 21:23
Re: OOC
Agreed.
Hurl Firbolge
 player, 284 posts
Mon 23 Sep 2019
at 18:21
Re: OOC
Hello! Sorry I vanished for a month. I work in education and this fall semesters got away from me. I'll still be busy through mid-October.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 388 posts
Mon 23 Sep 2019
at 18:54
Re: OOC
That's fine, Hurl. Post whenever you're able to. I'm glad we didn't lose you for good.

What is your plan for rowing? Do you want to row during the day and rest at night (either on the boat or on land)? Do you want to row non-stop in shifts? Or do you have another idea?
Shana
 player, 407 posts
Mon 23 Sep 2019
at 21:26
Re: OOC
I'm kind of at a loss on pros and cons of rowing methods...

Shana would like to get there as quickly as possible, but not be exhausted when we arrive. Which one is that?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 389 posts
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 02:09
Re: OOC
With six of you, it shouldn't be difficult to row in shifts such that no one is too exhausted when you arrive. Rowing non-stop like that should get you to Kraken's Cove in just under two days.
Shana
 player, 408 posts
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 21:45
Re: OOC
Sounds like a plan to me.
Ariana Evenwood
 player, 309 posts
 AC 12 HP 14/14
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 21:51
Re: OOC
Me too.
Balthasar
 player, 194 posts
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 23:40
Re: OOC
Let's go for it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 390 posts
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 18:49
Re: OOC
Okay. Let me know if there is anything else you want to take care of before you set out. Otherwise, I'll try to post something tomorrow.
Talora Fisher
 player, 260 posts
 Tempest Cleric of Procan
 HP 19 AC 18
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 14:08
Re: OOC
Are these monkeys coming at us all from one direction?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 394 posts
Wed 9 Oct 2019
at 01:30
Re: OOC
Yes; they all came out of the same tree.